Lazy Sunday Afternoon ……………

With fourth spot cemented one wondered if Arsene would put out a strong team or rest a few players. In hindsight I was glad that he picked the strongest team available even though this was a dead rubber, yet it was blatantly clear how much we miss Ramsey.

Another three points gained, stretching our sequence to four wins on the bounce but as a performance, it was pretty flat.

One has to give the Man of The match to Giroud for his goal that won the game and his general overall play for the whole match. (There I have said it) His energy levels are not questionable but I still think we need another striker to compliment him. I am not sure if Podolski is the man as he didn’t impress as much and if you watch him carefully he doesn’t exert himself as much as he could. Monreal IMO is not the standard required at LB but with Gibbs in and out of the team through various injuries we have no other option unless Vermaelen stays.

There’s no easy way to say this – or an easy way to look at it. Mathieu Flamini cracked in a powerful drive from the edge of the box and Craig Dawson blocked it right between his crystals, that being the only other noticeable event of the first half  ;)

Koscielny was as usual solid in defence and Mertesacker alongside him played his part. Sagna didn’t have his best game but showed 100% commitment and if he goes I am sure we all wish him well. The crowd made it clear that they want him to stay.

Källström caught my eye and was impressive in his twenty seven minutes on the pitch.

Özil is a great player but missed the new found telepathy he has with Ramsey. Maybe his thinking is too clever for some of the players, but he will be a huge asset next season and adding goals to his game though not imperative, would make an even bigger difference.

All in all it was a bit of a training session and having just watched Norwich we may well be in for a much more physical game next week as they fight possible relegation, and with the Cup Final approaching we may see changes to the side.

This is what Wenger said after the match.

“I’m happy with the attitude, the behaviour and the consistency of my players,”

“I’m frustrated as well because we were 120 days top of the league. When you look today it’s very tight and then comes through your mind here and there the points you dropped that we should not have dropped.

“The regret as well is at the most important period of the season we had two important players out. We have many players who have only played between five and 15 games. That’s where we want to improve for next season.”

Pinpointing a general lack of goals and his side’s defeats at their rivals as decisive factors he continued:

“I would just say to be brutal in our first analysis is we missed a few goals compared to the teams who scored the most goals and we missed some big away games by conceding two many.

“Apart from that our defensive stability was fantastic, we had 16 clean sheets but in some games we were not at the start of the game and we couldn’t get into them before we lost it. The defensive stability we had the whole season was not reflected in these kind of games.

“If you look at the overall performance of the team we have done until today well in the cup, we have done quite well in the Champions League where we had a difficult group, we played against Bayern with ten men and we didn’t fail anywhere.

“The attitude of the group was remarkably consistent and of quality. But we still have missed something to be decisive in the Premier League at the moment when we were in a good position.”

Pressed on the subject of his future, Wenger once again stressed that he’ll be at the helm come the new season joking:

“Look at me! You will see me again.” (that was aimed at Mr Syrup) :)

I think that alone is worthy of discussion.

kelsey

107 Responses to Lazy Sunday Afternoon ……………

1. I hope Wenger leaves.
    4th for the 5 th season on the trot is not good enough,yes he has done a fantastic job and thanks.
    Let’s hope he wins the Fa cup and retires,then we can all look forward to David Moyes taking over .

2. crystals says:

Just to clarify things.

Arsene Wenger has now confirmed that Kallstrom will leave Arsenal this summer. When asked about his future the Frenchman stated:

“He is on loan, so he belongs to Moscow and will go back to Moscow.”

He will be departing along with Nicklas Bendtner, Lukas Fabianski and it looks like Bacary Sagna – who had an emotional lap of honour after today’s last game of the season at the Emirates Stadium.

3. ai-zed says:

morning all, the Norwich game should definitely extract from us a higher level of exertion, could we do them a favour since they brought smiles to all gooners worldwide by confirming that the not-so-special one goes trophy-less (again)? *hehe* anyways, hope Ramsey gets better before the fa cup final match, his absence was again noticed as you pointed out kels, he really is our single mosty important player right now. @sheep hagger… David the giant slayer? Really? I will assume a high dose of sarcasm in your comment….oh!…. and wenger in (he already is aint he?) hahahaaahaha!!! Top of the morning again all….off to inject some cutties

4. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, well done Kelsey, I don’t think we need to peer into your crystal balls to know that Wenger will stay for another season at least. As far as he’s concerned top four and a Cup Final are reason enough to satisfy his sense that he still has something to offer the club. Silent Stan will be happy not to lose the Champions League income and no doubt the season ticket sale will be over subscibed as usual.

I don’t expect to see any “marquee” signings, certainly not players of the calibre of Diego Costa or Draxler, not even Seamus Coleman. More likely Mica Richards and Wilfred Bony.

Wenger says that no player will leave without his say so, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see Koscielny move to Real Madrid with Morata part of the deal.

Even though it’s a beautiful sunny day here in Norfolk, and I’m off on holiday later in the week, I still feel despondent when I view next season, fourth again, knock-out stage of the Champions League and a couple of decent runs in the cups. Depressing isn’t it?

Cheers, kelsey.
    Yesterday seemed like a comfortable afternoon stroll, much as you described it.

sheepy
    We came 3rd in 09/10 and 11/12.
    If you’re going to bleat then at least get your facts right. :)

Shame on you both. Kinks? As if

Flippin heck, NG. Take a happy pill or something.

Right off for me. Can’t see the point in making myself miserable when there’s no reason.

8. Sorry about the wrong facts was wrote while i wa on my tractor

Already best points total since 2006/7. In a Final with a good chance of victory. Ozil signed. Ramsey improved beyond all measure. The best CB pairing in the PL (probably). Wenger re-signed. OG’s 22 goal haul in just his second season etc etc

What is there to worry about?

10. Niclolas Bentner couldn’t score in Amsterdam even if he had €300 in his pocket.

11. crystals says:

Raddy

The original post title was “Lazy Sunny Afternoon (kinks) so blame peaches :)

crystals: Ah, you mean this, which isn’t lazy at all!

13. Belfastgooner says:

I’m with you Big Raddy. Sure there have been some very low points this season but compared to the last few seasons when I had the rosary beads out praying for a win on the last day of the season to get 4th the anticlimax of 2 meaningless fixtures at the end of this season before the cup final is a huge relief.
    We all know that the core of the team has the potential for greatness but it’s difficult swimming upstream against clubs that don’t respect the FFP rules. Next year Liverpool will drop like a stone trying to cope with CL football in addition to EPL the Spuds and Manure will be in a state of flux and Everton will have lost their main players from the loan system. So if we spank City and /chelsea next year we’ll be champs!

14. RC78 says:

good summary :-)

a slow walk in the park but no spark at all, except the goal…

Disappointing performance from Monreal (again), Sagna (not his best but still good spirit), Podolski and even Cazorla…

I am thinking about next season and the spine of the squad is currently as such:

PIG1 – Per, Kos – Arteta – Ramsey, Ozil – Giroud

Let us compare with the other big boys:

Cech – Terry, Cahill – Matic – Oscar, Hazard – Etoo

Mignolet – Skrtl, Sakho – Gerrard – Sterling, Sturridge – Suarez

Hart – Kompany, Demichelis – Fernandino – Toure, Silva – Aguero

De Gea – Ferdinand, Jones – Carrick – Mata – Rooney, RVP

Howard – Baines, Jagielka – Barkley, Mirallas – Jelavic (?)

Lloris – Kaboul, Verthongen – Paulinho – Eriksen, Lennon – Adebayor

How close are we to be at the top level and where shall we strengthen?

15. Ooops I got my Lazy Sunny/Sunday afternoons mixed up :(

Actually I’m not old enough to remember them :lol:

16. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all, Nice one Kelsey,
    After the game i was a little despondent, i do like a win but i also like to see a bit of style as well, but your view of it is not too far off the mark.

I feel disappointment with Bendtner, a player who showed promise and someone given many lifelines, and he shows his respect in the way many overpaid people do,

Knowing that his form was bad he still carried on boozeing and Partying, He has been a disgrace in the form of a footballer, I wish him no luck at all, as he has let Wenger down the club and the fans.

Aaron is a gifted player, but without him we struggle to create, that is a bad sign. We need another like him that can play alongside him or should he be alone can carry the flag.

We have an exodus of players leaving and we must replace, these before we worry about, what we call Marquee signings, but should we replace them with better players than what we are losing we should be ok.

Wenger has stated that we probably will not go mad, that means that who we have at the end of the season is probably who will start next season. That being said, should he replace with better players we should be a lot better.

I can see a few twists and turns before the new season starts, A few seem unhappy and may ask for moves, Wenger would not want players who are not happy with their lot, so would allow some to go no matter what he has stated.

Some players are leaving for free and that causes problems, No money coming from their departure means replacing with our transfer Kitty, which reduces the fund for players we all want to see.

Wenger will have a lot to do from the end to the start of the new season, i only hope he has the deals in place.

A very nice Post, Crystals. :-)

It’s difficult for players when the remaining matches have nothing riding on them.

I suspect the players are trying to avoid injury with the FA Cup looming, so I don’t really blame them for going through the motions.

Peaches,

— “Ooops I got my Lazy Sunny/Sunday afternoons mixed up.”

I think you still got your Lazy Sunday Afternoon and Sunny Afternoon mixed up. :-)

19. crystals says:

Another quiet day but nevertheless thanks for the comments.It seems most blogs are in agreement and though we have a Cup Final to win thoughts are increasing about players out of contract and Wenger indicating that he will remain frugal in spending despite for the first time having extra funds next season.
    Vermaelen may well go as well and IMO Kallstrom was a strange loan whichever way you look at it,yet from the few appearances that I saw, yesterday being his longest stint on the pitch, he would have been a good squad asset despite being 31,though I don’t know if he was for sale nor his salary.

The only saving will be on salary, which have risen yet again in this current financial year.

There is no doubt in my mind that with all the managerial changes at the top this season we under achieved even got humiliated in those 3 Away games and only a point from a poor United,.

Of course injuries had a major effect but the loss of Walcott and a burnt out Ramsey may not have made a difference to those three results, yet we could have won the league however unlikely it seemed at the beginning of the season.

Questions should be asked why last Summer and in January we didn’t get reinfocements,not players who may turn out to be good such as Sanogo and the injured Kallstrom..Those type of players you get in to boost an already strong squad.

AW is partially right that we have achieved a better points total and our Home record has been more than adequate,but the chance was there.

Jenkinson still is learning, Monreal isn’t good enough and we need a keeper to challenge Szsney, a player with a physical presence to cover for Arteta who most probably has one more season and then there is the question of Podolski. I still think he may well go in part exchange and even if not despite his lethal left foot the facts are there to be seen that AW gave him very few starts.
    We have three very exciting players in Ramsey,The Ox and Walcott and hopefully a fit Wilshere (who needs to be found his best position) but his natural instinct is to attack,he’s not a holding midfielder.

Therefore there appears to be a lot to sort out .The WC will interefere and the qualifying for CL is about two weeks before the season starts and that will interupt our pre season so for once please sort any business out ASAP. I hope that is not wishful thinking.

20. Mike says:

It might be a little premature, but I have to think back to the day the transfer window closed and remember some of the comments flying around. Ozil, great signing but not what we need. Giroud, not good enough. Look at Spuds, they spent 100m and improved, even without Bale. Liverpool – crap. Shitty and Chavs – still the teams to beat. We all love hindsight but we should remember a few things about last summer. 1) Arsene tried to sign Suarez. He scored 30+ goals. 2) Arsene said he didn’t want to sign a ‘sub-standard” striker so he didn’t. Giroud has scored 22 goals. 3) Ozil was the best signing of last summer – no doubt about it. 4) Our player of the season IS Aaron Ramsey who’d have guessed? – Arsene knows. 5) Soldado is the type of striker everyone (incl. me but not Wenger) wanted us to sign – good on paper. he’s scored 3 (I think) from open play. 6) Spuds were/are crap. Most of their signings are not interested. Why? Thursday night football. Don’t ever let anyone tell you 4th place isn’t a trophy. 7) Manure and Van Persie. Ha Ha Ha Ha!!! Enjoy the Europa League- maybe. 8) Mourinho – trophyless. It’s a beautiful thing.
    Really my point is that hopefully we can cap a very successful season in 2 weeks. Hopefully Liverpool win the league and the lesson learned from that is that WE CAN DO IT TOO !! It’s obviously vital that your in form players stay fit for the big games.
    I LOVE ARSENAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Very good points, Mike.

Kelsey,

I am distraught, upset, or desolate and, maybe all three, that you do not read my amazing financial missives!! :-)

It is true that the Arsenal salary hit reached £143m which was approximately 61% of the then £243m turnover.

With the turnover likely to rise to £290m/£310m , as a consequence of the increased TV, Emirates and Puma sponsorships, that would carry a sustainable 60% salary charge of approximately £180m – without any problems.

23. RC78 says:

Steve, Crystals…

– How many players shall we have in our first team? I think 28, incl 3 GK and some young players. What do you say?

– Which players are certain to leave?

– Which players are likely to leave?

– Which players should leave, according to you?

– Where do we need starters and where do we need quality back-up?

These are the questions that we have to try to answer but what is sure is that AW is not looking for a massive haul this summer in departures or arrivals. He mentioned 2-3 arrivals and I think it is fair to expect these 3 arrivals BUT we do not know yet how many will leave and if we lose Fabianski, Sagna and Vermaelen – then we must replace them…

24. RC78 says:

Who would you play vs Norwich?

I think I would play:

Fabianski – Jenkinson, Metersacker, Vermaelen, Monreal – Diaby, Geladem, Kallstrom – Ox, Sanogo, Podolski

Then I would give some playing time to players that need to feel the ball all the time like Santi, Ozil and maybe give a run to Ramsey as well. If not Ramsey, then I would be happy to see someone like Rosicky come in :)

We need to keep the whole team geared up for the final

RC78,

I suspect you mean Gedion Zelalem and for my tastes you are spot on.

But trying to read AW’s mind is nigh on impossible.

His whole philosophy is to attack, and he might want to retain the ‘normal; first team players so that there is a positive continuum in the team for the big day. Who knows?

26. RC78 says:

Zelalem, indeed – lol

It s hard to decide whether you give a run or a rest to the key players. I would like the whole team to feel concerned, hence my proposal but maybe Wenger wants to keep the positive results flowing within our usual starting XI so who knows…

27. Charybdis1966 says:

Aftotnoon all and thanks for your thoughts Kesley/Crystals – so any AA’ers who went must have struggled to stay awake. Having said that it seems most here a armchair fans haha, I’m looking at you Mdi89 !

In any case here are my “feelings” about the match here: http://www.7amkickoff.com/2014/man-at-the-match-chary-the-arsenal-sign-off-at-home-with-comfy-win/.

28. crystals says:

RC78

I think we need a minimum of 16 to 18 regular first team players that can be rotated at ease but above all we need to take the predictability out of a number of our games.

The so called plan B must be used and those heavy defeats Away unfortunately were not learnt from.
    Will Wenger persist with pass and move or change things round a bit.

Just read your report chary and it’s a good one from someone who was actually there.However I don’t agree about Podolski if you look at his general contribution over 90 minutes.Maybe if we had cover for him he wouldn’t have to track back but I noticed for a good proportion of the game he was literally walking or standing still. Mybe he hasn’t got the stamina for the way we set our stall out and is more of yet another cameo role player.I think AW thinks the same but if he stays I don’t expect him to be a regular in the line up.
    He may well be happy with that and there is no doubt he has a lethal left foot.Unfortunately our players generally are not encouraged to shoot from distance.

29. RC78 says:

Crystals – 16-18 players is rather modest :-) I think we already have that in place when everybody is fit…

Given our history of injuries (why the hell do we keep our rather incompetent health-related staff?), I would say that we need a squad of 28 players, including some young players .

3 GK: PIG1 + 2

8 Defenders (including one young top talent)

3 DM (1 starter + Flamini + Arteta)

4 M (Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky + 1)

2 AM (Mesut, Santi)

4 Wingers (Walcott, Ox, Gnabry + 1 proven left winger)

4 FW/ST (Giroud, Podolski, + 2 including 1 potential starter)

And I agree with you for a plan B. I think we have the posibility to also play a 4-3-2-1 with three more defensive mid (Ramsey, Bender, Flamini) and two more industrious wingers that have the engine to defend (Walcott, Ox)…

30. stevepalmer1 says:

I think Wenger will stick with the same team, I believe he has told the goalkeepers they will either play League (Czez) and cup games (Fab) Wenger hasn’t used our Italian keeper at all, Probably linked to a clause of Performance payments.

Aaron may come on for 20 minutes if fit just to sharpen him up for the final. If results are in our favour we may see Sanogo for 20 min. Not sure of the fitness of The Ox but we could see him as well, but not as a starter.

As for leavers, Sags, Vermaelen, Bendy Fab, Poldy a possible. I wouldn’t b e at all surprised if some of our youngsters are moved on. I also feel Campbell will also go with Myaki,

I feel it may also depend on offers made for players, If Wenger hasn’t fielded them. it doesn’t bode well for them in the future.

So a goalkeeper a left back maybe a striker and a left winger.
    I would like more but i feel he has thinned down the deadwood and he’ll thin down a few more.

A lot depends on how much he has to play with, and i don’t think it will cover our losses, so a few cheapies.

31. crystals says:

RA

I said 16/18 regulars not squad :) add another 10 cameo players if you like.

steve we need a Yaya Toure of some discription, if he exists.

32. stevepalmer1 says:

I’de second that mate

33. stevepalmer1 says:

Would be surprised though

34. stevepalmer1 says:

I feel his thoughts are Diaby.

How’s about that, then.
    How’s about that, then.

GM
    Have you got any photos of your new gaff/surroundings?

39. That song reminds me of my youth chas

40. Thanks for looking at my report Crystals, I guess our views on Poldi sum up how two people can look at the same player and form very different opinions,

when I was at Mannions outside Wembley for the FA Cup semi a few weeks back i was surprised how much the hardcore gooners in the there sang about Poldi so much, I mean for a squad player who isn’t quite a first team regular.

He is a bit of a puzzle, so many of his goals are game changers and I totally am blown away by his hammer of a left foot. I’m probably irrationally as disposed to him as I am against Abou fornicating Diaby.

And his song is best player song we have at the moment, I don’t mean the lame “He scores when he wants..” one.

41. wally says:

Podolski is best suited to a 4-4-2. He could be part of a Plan B if Wenger were to ever formulate one. a few weks back when we were chasing a game and Giroud was looking jaded he threw another striker on to play a 4-4-2 and G looked much better, attacking the ball/space rather than waiting for it.
    Anyone notice that Wenger now has Giroud playing in space, almost looking for a thru ball rather than playing with his back to the net? Him moving for balls has improved the overall movement of the team altho when we slow it down and the ball moves square the movement stops.
    If we’re to take full advantage of the wizard of oz we need more speed. Another Walcott clone or my hope for Benzema.

Wow, that’s amazing. Not what I was expecting at all, then again I don’t really know what I was expecting. :)

Being first or second floor and having the trees and expanse of green from your balcony make it much nicer than those publicity shots.

Ant and me went to see the Angelic Upstarts on Saturday and ‘Hanratty’ on Sunday. So funny. Great weekend with the Baggies game at home in between.

Do you mean this one, chary?

44. I just read NG’s early comment.Why would we let kozzer go? Wenger specifically said he’s now interested in Moratta

45. It’s actually a football pitch outside our balcony chas. We went for a swim earlier. The pool is empty when it’s dark. This place is all ex-pats or wealthy Vietnamese. The city really varies from district to district. Anyone who came here even 5 years ago would hardly recognise it.

Dippers one up.
    I thought they might be cursing Palace when they said they hadn’t conceded from a set-piece. They’ve been shocking at all of them.

That pool looks incredible, nearly as big as the one in peaches’ back garden.

48. bindippers have scored

49. I hope city win the league.

50. No Chas, it’s not that one and its one I hadn’t heard before.

Pretty hard to describe really.

Sorry chary, I thought you’d know I was joking.
    It’s this one (I presume) as it’s sung at every away game.

52. I wasn’t sure if you were pulling my leg or not Chas, but yes THAT’s the one. The number of times I heard it at Mannions – only the 49ers song got sung more.

Errrr, can I live at your place GM?

Just out of interest but it wont change my mind, is it in Hanoi or Saigon?

I was in Vietnam 20 years ago and it show didn’t look like that.

If someone really is bored or has a few minutes to kill, can they write out the words of the Podoski song, The only thing I get from the prawn sandwich seats is:

His first name is Lucas, Lucas Lucas

Then is all goes a bit blurry until we get:

And that’s why we love him, we love him, we love him.

WoooOh,wooooo

55. Charybdis1966 says:

London, if you watch the video Chas put the link up for via YouTube the lyrics are written out there.

Woooaahh
    Wooooaahh
    His first name is lukas, is lukas, is lukas
    His second name’s podolski, podolski, podolski
    And that is why we like him, we like him, we like him
    In fact we F****** love him, we love him, we love him
    Woooaahhh
    Wooaahhhh

Palace fans from 2 years ago

We love you, we love you, we love you
    And where you play we follow, we follow, we follow
    Cos we support the palace, the palace, the palace
    And that’s the way we like it, we like it, we like it

Pool have gone from 0:3 up to 3:3 – stunning game.

Final score, Palace 3 : 3 ‘Pool

60. eldergooner says:

WTF. Unbelievable . And to think how I have – had – always slated Pulis – especially when he was at Stoke. What a comeback .Sleep on that Gerrard and co.

62. stevepalmer1 says:

Got to say i was very very happy to see Palace come back 3.3 This premier league is not as easy as a lot of people think. Top four in this league is very very special and for Arsenal 17 years on the trot, and supporters moaning, i just cannot believe it.

65. Bayonne Jean says:

Scousers will never, never bring up 4-4 at St. James’ Park to Arsenal supporters, ever again!

66. stevepalmer1 says:

Going to bed happy, another two points closer, nte all

MOTD Palace v dippers on now if you missed it live.

Both Carragher and Neville called that Johnson dive a penalty.
    It is left to Jonathan Pearce to call it correctly that Johnson was going down long before he was touched.

Evening all, two days away from football and it’s been a bit ROLFsome. :D

Liverpool giving up a 3 goal lead with the title still to play for….aah memories :(

But Chavs home draw with Norwich is most ROLFalot because Maureensaid after the game that Norwich didn’t come to win…..aaaah diddums how many bottom half teams is it now Maureen’s tactical nous couldn’t beat?

Anyway flicked through comments and RC78’s stood out a contention that we should have 28 man squad?

I just don’t see how that can possibly work, ok you can have a few youngsters in there but we are running out, and we need the home grown rule (max of 18 non homegrown…or is it 17 I forget). And then we have the fact that the squad doesn’t age and contracts do not expire in perfect synchronicity with the need for meticous planning that I doubt even Arsene is capable of…..and then there’s the fact that those plans could blow up in our face at anytime.

As I recall, Gibbs Theo, Rambo, Jack, Szczesny, Jenkinson, Ox, Gnabry are all homegrown? So is Bendtner but let’s assume he won’t be here.

Presently Serge and Ox don’t need naming, so unless two of our signings are homegrown (assuming they are ready for PL when they arrive) we can only have a maximum 23 over 21’s. I’d guess we are close to that already although some may never see the shirt on a Matchday (hello Park Chu Young). I’m sure we would all love a big squad but feasibility? Well without a lot of research I’m not sure it’s possible.

Cheers Kelsey. I really like your reports. There is a clarity and no nonsence approach tinged with a slight menace that I find particularly exciting.

Why didnt you tell me that Wenger was addresing me directly Crystals? I would have worn my best suit. Since it was Arsene, probably my birthday suit.

Personaly, I am absolutly delighted with our Clubs progress. Flirting with the title, a top four finnish, and FA Cup final is not to be sniffed at.

And to cap it off, news that Arsene is staying. This is what the Club needs. A stability that next season will see us go one step further and really go for the title, and in a way that embraces the beauty of the game.

We are also looking stronger in Europe, more acomplished and mature. I beleive our time is coming in that to.

The disapointments were those crap hidings away from home. Wenger and the Club have to find solutions to those problems but its not my opinion that a major strategic overhall in strategy or personell is required. Things change very quickly in football.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

71. omgarsenal says:

Norwich is a meaningless game to us but to them could mean relegation or survival. Here are the pros and cons of playing a full team there:

PROS
    * This is a great motivational game if we can win it handily,
    * Wenger can experiment¨ with different midfield and attacking options and tactical lineups during the game,
    * Many neophytes can be used such as Zalelem,Sanogo, Gnabry, * * Diaby can be given a run in as well,
    * Returning players like the Ox, Gibbs and Wilshere can be provided a cameo as well,
    * Ramsey can be played if he is fit then substituted by Flamini or Rosicky,
    * We could end up tied on points with Chelsea, if they lose another one, which is worth the look on Moanhino’s face alone….
    * Our travelling fans would get to see the best team one more time, which we all agree, they deserve.

CONS:

* Playing our top team risks injuries before the FA Cup,
    * If we drop points it can be a discouragement to the team,
    * We would be fielding inexperienced players in many positions,
    * Wenger has nothing to prove to anyone by playing a full team.
    * We couldn’t risk our returning injured in a meaningless game.
    * If any of our players gets yellow or red carded they could/would miss the FA Cup.

I say start the squad who have been faithful bench warmers all season and keep the stars on the bench just in case we are chasing the game or it is tied:

Fabianski

Ozil
    Ramsey
    Koscielny
    Sagna
    Szcesny
    Diaby

Frankly, this is a non-event for me but Wenger surely is considering the FA Cup as his primary concern so he’ll likely mix and match to rest a few key players before the FA Cup.

72. crystals says:

Morning all.

The cynic in me says that Suarez was acting at the end.

As much as we all really dislike Pullis he really has done a remarkable job at Palace and with an average squad but more importantly a totally different way of playing football as he did at Stoke.

Palace may want to keep him but he will be much in demand by other clubs who are perhaps mid table but could improve such as Newcastle.

Quick Morning all,

Thanks Raddy and Kelsey for pre and post matchers.

Predictably dull game, but to be expected. Shame we didn’t need the win on the day, as that would have raised the stakes and consequently the meaning/excitment.

Liverpool ROLF

Kelsey I’m not sure Pulis is more than an Allardyce in that they have a level and their football can only achieve so much in the modern PL, midtable is about it.

It’s horses for courses, I said the other day the football Moyes played at Everton was his style, he hid behind a excuse that it was the players he could afford and that you couldn’t expect them to survive if they went and played an expansive game, Martinez has made a mockery of that, Pochetino does the same at Saints as do Swansea. They have all played open attacking football, and survived comfortably.

Liverpool – what a laugh eh ;)

Rocky must have been too busy to stick a post into drafts sadly so if anyone can write a quickie that would be good, Let me know if you can.

76. White Bear says:

I thought the chanteur didn’t wash this morning, until I had seen the result :)

As a post, I’d use 26May’s comments from 11.50 pm and 12.10am on Saturday night as was suggested at the time.

Many would not have seen them and they are too good to be hidden away at the witching hour, otherwise known as crystals’ bed-time. :)

Did he watch it in the pub? He must have been devastated.

79. White Bear says:

Chas @10:05 – brilliant :)

“Basically Football isn’t about tactics, family or the joy of watching your team play.

It’s about watching opposition players you hate cry.”

80. White Bear says:

No Chas, he got himself some beers and snacks, cuddled up with the pug on the settee with a big smile on his face. I went to bed after the first 2 goals, sick of seeing him so happy. Now I wish I stayed till the end

81. White Bear says:

that cat!!! it swims with the dogs, nuts or what :)

I imagined GM living in a luxurious villa somewhere in a jungle, never in a sky scrapper. It looks fab, just not for me. I am about to exchange on my new digs – detached, no neighbours and fields at the back, bliss

Those Palace fans were (and have been all season) simply amazing.
    I doubt Palace would have scored three if they’d been kicking towards the other end. The crowd sucked the ball into the net.

Arsenal fans could learn so much about how pure unconditional support can help the team, me included.

Not far to walk the dogs, then.
    Whereabouts, I’d be interested in having a look at a link. Email?

84. arnie says:

Motning all. Great job, Kelsey. :)

Apologies for being away. :sad:

Evonne: thanks for pointing to Chas’s gorgeous comment. I would have missed it otherwise. :razz:

Chas: 26may’s hidden comment? which comment. let us have it as a post.

Peaches: thanks for the twatter a/c details. I have been away and could not make use of it so far. will do so soon. :)

And finally, any further news on Ems tickets?

85. arnie says:

Mickey: lovely Liverpool ROLF. ha ha ha ha ha ha :) :)

86. White Bear says:

across the field from Peaches – we can walk to each others house :)
    sent email

Morninf All,

Can’t believe I turned off the football when L’pool went 3 up.

Gracias

90. arnie says:

Lazy game, nothing at stake, job done. all fine then. However, there is a job to be done. We cannot afford to lose momentum. COYG. :) :) :)

Arnie/Crystals are right, it was a lazy game and it should not have been,

60,000 people spent time and a lot of money to be entertained. The players owe it to the fans to give 100%. It is irrelevant if we are mid-table or fighting for honours.

Palace last night showed how it should be done and perhaps that is because they have such passionate and noisy fans – or is it the other way round?

92. arnie says:

did Pool get the same headlines as we did when we manged to draw 4-4?

93. arnie says:

will Pool be subject to the same bile that Arsenal did for losing their position at the TOTL?

arnie. Of course not. Souness, Carragher, Hansen, Lawrenson, Owen …. all ex- L’pool players. Neville must be pleased.

95. RC78 says:

GiE:

We currently have 28 players already + 4 on loan…

The thing is to have more quality as well. Number wise, we are fine but it is just that we do not have a top quality bench and that has been costing us quite a lot in the past years.

96. Good plan ….. just texting 26may, back in a bit ……………..

97. White Bear says:

Now now Arnie, let’s not get into ‘we are the victims’ mentality. We are bigger than that :)

My car was broken into last night and do you know what? I chose to feel sorry for those who had to lower themselves to creeping at night stealing innocent peoples property. I’d much rather lose the money than the face

98. White Bear says:

Raddy – Gary Neville has more class and brains than the rest you mentioned put together. And good looks to go with it :) Love him

RC78. The difficulty comes with signing players who know they will not be automatic first team and yet are good enough to be (if you can understand that awful english!)

It is possible at MC and Chelsea because they pay such huge money. MU can’t keep up – look at their bench and back up players who are nowhere near as good as ours.

So … I agree with you but don’t expect AW to sign more than one or two players. Probably one youngster with potential (Draxler/Drmic) and a hardened pro.

Evonne. Shape up. The miscreants who broke into your car should be executed at the very least.

101. Gonna do them one at a time in case we’re short this week ;)

……………..New Post ……………..

102. arnie says:

Raddy: :)

Evonne: of course “we are victims”. but we know how to play the victim card well, we know how to deal with the situation!!!!

Bile spewing self-proclaimed fans, journos and the lot…. bring them on!!!! :) :) :)