A Welcome Three Points.

Yet another “must win game” as we entertained a Newcastle side woefully out of form and quite frankly had nothing to play for. After a very cautious opening twenty minutes, something we have got used to seeing far too often this season, we got the breakthrough with a delightful deep ball over the visitor’s defence for Koscienly to poke it home.

Maybe the pressure of really having to win made the team a little nervous but personally I would like to see us stamp our authority on the opposition a little more frequently.

Our momentum increased with Ozil and Cazorla dictating our attacks and just before half time after a double save by Krul, the ball fell neatly into the path of Ozil to tap home.

One expected more from the Geordie’s after half time yet it didn’t materialise bar a single on target effort by Gouffran which was expertly dealt with by Szczesney.

Our momentum overall increased and Ramsey was performing better than he had done in the first half. He fed Ozil who crossed to the practically unmarked Giroud,to head home his first goal since The Battle of Hastings ;)

All in all it was a good performance and there is a case to nominate several players as Man of The Match, but more important it was three points which now puts us firmly in the driving seat for a CL place.

Ozil really is a masterclass, his intelligence on and off the ball is second to none and he will be hugely influential next season. A word on Podolski who had a fine game and seemed to be showing the boss that he should be a regular starter.

Giroud is always a bone of contention with me. Yes he can can hold the ball up but really we need a more clinical striker especially against better teams than Newcastle. Anyway that’s for another day.

If we add pace and power to the team, we could well be a real force next season but for now confidence is returning and hopefully we can wrap up forth next Sunday as it is quite feasible that the final game of the season against Norwich may determine their premier league status.

In conclusion ,although the season is not quite over generally we have done better than previous seasons against the teams we are expected to beat and if we can just improve our record against the mega rich clubs there is no real reason why we can’t be in the mix for all of next season. Perhaps FFP will have an influence, but I feel that we, as a club, are putting too much emphasis on the power of FFP, time will tell.

Over to you Mr.Wenger………..

kelsey

146 Responses to A Welcome Three Points.

dandan says:
    April 29, 2014 at 9:14 am

This is Mrs. DanDan. I have to say how humbled I was by the beautiful red and white roses you sent for my husband’s funeral. It is still very raw for me, but I know he would want me to thank you all for your kind tributes for him. He was a very special man and my love for him will never die.

For those who may have not seen this message from Anne, I am not ashamed to reproduce it again.

Kelsey. Thank you for both the report and copying Mrs DD’s comment.

As you say, Ozil is a masterclass – it comes as little surprise that Carragher etc cannot see what a wonderful player he is and how influential he is in our team. Goals are important but not the only way to assess an attackers performance.

Cheers, kelsey.
    I was pleased with the opening 20 minutes. Establishing a firm foundation in the game is very important to us at the moment.

Podolski seemed more like a complete footballer last night rather than just a left foot. Giroud scored a great goal from a magnificent cross; 21 goals now, I’ll take that.

St Totteringham’s Day two games earlier than the last two seasons and people say we aren’t making progress. Pffft. We didn’t even need Fulop or a spawny Kos goal to do it either. Maybe it was the combination of AVB and agent Sherwood who managed it for us this year. :)

Who took the free kick leading to Kos’s goal? Was it Cazorla?

Rasp. Giroud assist for the second and Ozil for the third

Yes Raddy it was Santi.

Rasp
    Updated assists sent to Nuts.
    Champs League sub-total still needs changing to include ‘Other’ row. Should be 14 as per goals.

Morning Kelsey a fair summary of the match…and thanks for adding Anne’s comment to the post. Unfortunately the recent comments widget rarely shows on iPhone display and therefore do not get to see the updates.

On the performance I was impressed with the positions players were taking up round the pitch and the options offered to the man on the ball.

Very Happy to be sitting in the driving seat to get 4th place, a shame we couldn’t deliver more this season as i think if we had just come out of some of those games in the cluster a bit more reasonably we could still be in the shout.

But also as i said at the time, the draw against Swansea and defeat against Stoke during the clusters were more costly than the defeats to Chavs, Dippers and even Everton.

Looking at the table handily to my right the points we have lost against smaller teams have affected us equally as much as the games against the big boys.

Our points total if we could have beaten everyone beneath 7th?

Villa Home +3
    Southampton Away +2
    Swansea Home +2
    Stoke Away +3
    WBA Away +2

We’d be on 85 points and top of the league with WBA and Norwich to play.

Even if you forget the two games against Villa and WBA as they happened earlier in the season, we would still be on 80 points and level with Dippers.

Brian surrounded by tits as usual…….

photo/1

12. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, Thanks Kelsey for a fine match report, did you write it before the kick-off as usual? :D

A comfortable win over a largely uninterested, and uninteresting, Newcastle side, still three points and a clean sheet were what we needed to boost our goal difference.

I always tend to look at our opponents to see which of their players would fit into the Arsenal squad. Last night there were two obvious candidates namely Remy and Tiote, the former has been continuously linked with a move to The Emirates for the last two seasons, sadly he looked nothing like the top striker that we need. In Tiote’s case I don’t think he’s much better than Frimpong was, and just as likely to turn into a red card magnet. There was one other prospect, Coloccini, a centre back replacement for the injury prone Vermaelen looks to be needed and with Sagna on the verge of leaving on a free transfer, could the Newcastle defender fill the void? He has pace, good Premiership experience and last night looked by far the best that the Barcodes had to offer. Would he fit in at Arsenal?

14. Norfolk Gooner says:

A little tale that might be of use to the older denizens of AA…

An older man approached an attractive younger woman at a shopping mall.

”Excuse me; I can’t seem to find my wife. Can you talk to me for a couple of minutes?”

The woman, feeling a bit of compassion for the old fellow, said,

“Of course I will. Do you know where your wife might be?”

”I have no idea, he said but every time I talk to a woman with tits like yours, she seems to appear out of nowhere.”

A very good post match Report, Kelsey, and I don’t think anyone would not like that, as you seemed to fear.

My only comment would be that Özil never looks happy, and in the back of my mind I suspect that he is only stopping over at Arsenal on his way to ….. ?

Chas,

I loved your Australian Menu, and cannot imagine anyone not wanting to get stuck in. :-)

NG

Agreed.Coloccini would be a good buy.Strong defensive player,has a bit of Cahill about him.

RA,

re Ozil his whole demeanour never changes. He just walked down the tunnel at the final whistle.I wouldn’t read anything into that but what I do notice is that Wenger looks really ill. Maybe the stress and pressure is taking its toll..He seems to have other things on his mind.

Kelsey,

You are right.

I have thought for some time that AW is looking more and more gaunt, and I wonder if the pressure and stress is beginning to take its toll – not to mention the shitty so called Arsenal supporters who just cannot shut their mouths and continue to criticise the man.

RA

I always write exactly as I feel and as far as your comments NG about writing the review before the match :) I don’t actually find it that difficult as our pattern of play is fairly predictable.Just fill in the goal times and make observations as to how certain players perform.

There are four players who played last night who wouldn’t be automatic first choice if I was picking the team,but that is just a fan’s point of view.

Mark my words Sagna will be a huge miss if he goes. I remember when he first came to us and was one of the very few I have seen in recent years who came from abroad and slotted into the team from day one.I know players want a golden egg for when they retire but when you read about the clubs who want him,he is still regarded highly .

One day I might understand this over 30 rule.There appears to be no budging by AW even if its a few thousand one way or another yet players like Bedtner and unfortunately Diaby cost the club a fortune.

Kelsey

You are getting rather good at this prediction and then report malarkey.

It won’t be long before you can condense your review into two words:

“TOLD YOU” :-)

21. LiamBradyGod says:

Morning, just, AAs
    Thanks for the post Kelsey and especially (recently) for your repeat warning to any who may not mourn the potential loss of Bacary. Twice named the best right back in the country by his peers and still inch for inch the best defensive header of a ball in the Premiership.
    Despite the negative reports however, I still think we may hold on to him.
    Norfolk 10.53. I too would take Coloccini and, personally, would top up the goal power with Loic AND Bony. Another powerful, athletic Matic-like central midfielder from AW’s little black book, all sorted before the World Cup and I would be happy for the Summer.

Cant type fast enough for a morning post…

Dear Site Admin,

I’m up to my arse in alligators at work today. I have three hours to make a Powerpoint presentation to a global supermarket, and have never used the bloody software before in my life, while my “expert” has decided he has better things to do with his day. So, I’m a bit cross as well as utterly lost.

Now, thing is, it’s St Totts Day (again, I know :-) ) and I have spent way too much time already zooming back to yesterday’s post to watch Chas’ clip of “Tottenham Hotspur, it’s happened again”.

It really cheers me up, so could someone put it up here. Cheers :-)

kelsey: Sagna is not as good as Lauren who was not as good as Dixon who was not as good as Viv Anderson. Players come and go – if Sagna leaves then we will sign someone better. ( I left out Eboue :-D)

What over 30 rule? We just re-signed Rosicky. It is Sagna who is refusing to sign not the other way round.

And if he wants €110+k a week and a 3 year contract then there is no way AFC should offer him that. Good luck to the lad if can can get it elsewhere.

Can you tell me a better attacking midfield than Santi, Ramsey and Ozil in world football (OK, the PL)?

Your wish is my command ….

Raddy

1stParagraph: Don’t agree

2ndParagraph. how do you know for sure ?

3rdParagraph: no comment,don’t know the exact facts but he can play in three different positions and has as much energy as anyone in the team.

4thParagraph: Wholeheartedly agree. ;)

26. eldergooner says:

@Chas 1043.
    And the biggest tit in UK soccer is sat in Noddys car !!

Good read Kelsey thanks . Thought OG playes well last night.

27. arnie says:

Lovely report (pre or post match :razz: ). Nothing much to argue about, except Giroud, who I thought had a fine game. An assist and a goal, that is quite a contribution. Not considering the holding up game, which IMO is working better, now that we have a much more creative midfield. :)

And finally, I liked the idea of subbing Ozil and Rambo. We need some fresh legs for the next two games. Having said that, I would have been happier with subs at 60 mins rather than 70. But, Arsene knows best, I suppose. :razz:

Thanks for re-posting the message from Anne. I had missed the message initially. Spending too little time on AA lately. This is certainly not good for my mental, and physical, health. Have to sort my life out a bit! :razz:

Overall, job well done, on to the next show. A very happy gooner here. :) :) :)

Ahhhhh, thank you Raddy. Needed that. Superb :-)

29. trev says:

Can someone please explain to me why Sanogo plays for Arsenal.

To wind up trolls

31. RedMJ says:

Trev. For the same reason that Ramsey, Wilshere, Walcott, Bergkamp, Henry, Pires and a number of others all do or did. AW obviously sees something good in him (as do I for what its worth) so its our job to support the kid and help bring the best out of him as eventually happened with all of those listed above – despite the crap that many fans gave them whilst they were getting there.

32. arnie says:

GiE: :)

Kelsey @ 11:17

It is interesting to read your opening comment – “I always write exactly as I feel” — I are you inferring you are unique, or that we are a bunch of unfeeling klutz? :-)

With regard to;
    — “One day I might understand this over 30 rule.” Are you sure? :-)

The only ‘rule’ is that every sportsman comes to the end of his career at some time – certainly not 65.
    All the clubs – yes all of them – have to look at the age of their players and take account of their physical condition, before committing a lot of money over and extended period.
    Sagna wants approx £6m a year over 3 years = £18m.
    He has a history of broken legs and is visibly slowing down.
    Arsenal want to keep him and have offered a 2 year deal @ £5m a year = £10m + a rolling annual option (if he remains fit he gets another years contract – just like Dennis Bergkamp did).

No mystery. If he broke down or lost even more pace over the next year, or the year after that, Arsenal would take the hit. But Sagna wants them to take all the risk over 3 years.
    You would be the first to complain about them if that happened.

Proof of that is you said; –“(players like) Bedtner and unfortunately Diaby cost the club a fortune.”
    When Arsenal agreed Bendtner’s contract he was a hot property — then he went ape-shit – Arsenal had taken the contract risk, and had to take the financial hit.

There is no pleasing some people!! :-)

[Actually, you are wrong about Diaby -- he has not accepted a salary for over a year while he has been injured - even though he is entitled to it.]

When is someone going to mention Arteta as proof that the over thirty rule has changed in more recent times.

Oh, I just did.

Fine match report Kelsey, I would have thought they would have given you your own back drop by now.

Chas is still working on the crystal currants LB.

I was happily reading the comments with a smile on my face and without a care in the world when I got to RA’s suggestion that he only thinks Ozil is only passing through; now don’t get me wrong I respect the view but I must say that it came as much as a surprise as having a bucket of ice cold water thrown over me as I walked along a sunny beach in my bermudas.

Do you really think that RA? In my dream he stays for ever.

I think my dream is better; best we stick with that one?

Haha RA’s theory is based on a Mesut not looking the happiest chap around.

I think RA needs to find us a number of smily faced Mesut pics at previous clubs and we can see.

To me it kind of seems he is understated in everything he does, celebrations included.

38. arnie says:

Agreed, LB @ 2:54pm. :)

39. Vinay says:

Ozil never looks happy and he may leave to—–, please do not say such things, that is his demeanour and let that thought never ever come to him or his agent or god forbid us.
    Mesut magical as ever but have a runner next to him and see how good he can be next season. A dm next to him to give him a go to outlet and a runner like rambo/theo or dreamily Reus, then Mesut is wizard of oz.

Win sunday and 4th place done, those home draws will always leave a bitter taste in the mouth. Imagine if we had won against everton, swansea, chelsea and united, 8 points there and we would have probably won the league itself with all the injuries.

40. Bayonne Jean says:

Kelsey, if there was ever a match report you could have composed beforehand, that was it. Looked up the word “lacklustre” in the OED, and a picture of this Toon side was next to it….. City better get its GD in order, because Suarez and co. could rack up a double digit of goals in the finale at Anfield against this lot.

Speaking of City: if they do win at Everton, that gives Arsenal fourth place and two dead rubbers to play through. What to do? Here’s what we’d do, AW:

– Since WBA really is safe and won’t have anything to play for, use that match as a full day of rest for Giroud, Santi, Chezza, and one of Per/Kos, with a half for the other. Give full games to Sanogo, the Corporal, Rosicky. Play Sagna at CB with TV5, and Fabianski in goal so they can get the supporters’ recognition in their last match at the Emirates. Let both Ramsey and Ozil play at least 60 minutes to maintain sharpness.

– Play your first choice team at Norwich and go for the win, to a) tune up for the cup final and b) to respect the league competition and the other sides fighting to avoid the drop.

My father in law and brother in law (and no I know their from Norfolk but it is two different people) would prefer we rested against Norwich and went guns blazing against WBA. I think I’d prefer that too as even if we put full strength out against Norwich a few will be making sure they don’t get injured rather than do.

Exile,

–“My father in law and brother in law (and no I know they’re from Norfolk but it is two different people)”

Now that made me smile!! :-)

LB,

I do not want to let on that I have a sort of manly crush on Özil, for his absolutely sublimely understated skill set, and, despite Carragher and Neville publicly doubting him on Sky, his class shone out in the game — the fact is he is just so special.

The happy thought came to me that next season he will lead us to the title at last – and how lucky we are to have such a talent playing for us.

Then ……. unbidden and randomly another thought came to me, as he looked seemingly unhappy at the end of the game, that he had either heard of Micky’s plan to zap him with killer fly spray, or ………. (and to spare everyone’s feelings I will not repeat the thought).

I am glad to see that you, and others, shared my horror at even the possibility of such an idea. It has reassured me! :-)

Chas, stop it — isn’t one enough? :-)

45. Bayonne Jean says:

GiE, fair enough re the fear of injury; if recollection serves me well, both Fabregas and Theo injured themselves vs. Orcs at the Emirates in the match immediately preceding Birmingham, and that didn’t help, did it? But you also don’t want to go into that final out of synch either….

As to your lamentation re dropped points earlier: can excuse the early season lapses against WBA and Villa — everyone has bad days. Even the draw at Saints, where Arsenal were outplayed much of the time, is excusable..

To not securing at least a draw against Orcs and the stoppage time OG vs. Swansea, I would add dropping two points vs. Everton at home on the late Delafeu goal. There’s five points conceded.

But the biggest lament of all is:

Points gained vs. Manure:

Liverpool 6 GF 4 GA 0
    Everton 6 GF 3 GA 0
    City 6 GF 7 GA 1
    Chelsea 4 GF 3 GA 1
    Spuds 4 GF 4 GA 3

And what did Arsenal do against a side that also lost to WBA and Newcastle at Old Toilet, ffs?

Arsenal 1 GF 0 GA 1

Grab a win and a draw from those (3 extra points), and the 5 points above, you’d beTOTL at 81 with two to play.

Chas

Do you secretly love me or are you taking the piss :)

Indeed, I need a banner.

Giroud didn’t score.It was a precise shot by Ozil hit with venom and angled perfectly to hit Ollie’s head :)

47. arnie says:

Kelsey: “I need a banner”. Perhaps you should say, I demand a banner. :)

There are these twwo fantastic creations by Chas. There are also two others that I had created some time back. But Rasp does not like these. :sad:

We support Kelsey’s demand for a banner. :) :) Kelsey IN.

Now, I never thought I would say that last bit. Strange times. :)

kelsey
    I openly love you.

arnie
    I don’t remember seeing yours. Where are they? Can’t be worse than mine.

49. Hi all

Just heard from Rocky that he’s travelling and won’t be sending a post for tomorrow so we’re gonna need one!!!!!!

Also need posts for Thursday and Saturday if anyone has any ideas please

50. Kelsey you do indeed need a banner, I’ll check with the boss ;)

Chas said;

— “arnie
    I don’t remember seeing yours.”

How hurtful can that be? :-)

52. I though Ozil was fabulous last night and was really shocked about the things that Carragher said about him after the game but then I realised that actually Carragher probably wasn’t watching every single thing that Ozil did like I was ;)

Kelsey, are you becoming a megalomaniac, or are you just a very naughty boy? :-)

I demand a banner indeed. Well — just as long as it is not featuring your crystal currants.

54. photo/1

55. photo/1

56. photo/1

57. jnyc says:

Good job Kelsey , agreed about allot. RA, I worry about Ozils happiness with Arsenal, so far I think it’s OK, but most importantly, I’m sure he was given assurances by Arsene when he signed, that we are not going to be a club aiming for fourth, and no longer trying to get by on the cheap. I think he will give us one of two more transfer Windows to prove our commitment.

I want Mesut to be the first big acquisition in a new era, and stay for most of his career. He is one of the great players. I want us to be at his level as an organization. I also don’t want Madrid to win the CL now, so he won’t feel worse about his move.

You know that he cannot be satisfied with Girouds quality. 15 league goals ( people quote all competitions 21 to make it sound better.) We watch the matches, his misses are much too frequent, terrible goals to chances stats. He had a very rare header yesterday, and two shots straight at the keeper.
    I like him, but Arsenal needs better. I also think the clock may already be ticking with Koscielny, this is a big summer to show our ambition. With United spending, and now Liverpool in C L as a draw for players it will only be more difficult, so we must be decisive.

58. Please read this if you haven’t seen it already

59. Don’t forget we need a post for tomorrow ;)

A very good summary, jnyc, and I agree that we must not lose Ozil and if that means buying similar quality players to keep him, I would be happy with that.

I like Giro too, but like you I have my reservations about him working with Ozil – but even he has said that he needs help from another CF to take some of the work off his back.

Real Madrid? No. Like you I think if they win it might make Ozil question his decision — so, come on Bayern!! :-)

My stance on Giroud is quite simple.He is strong, holds up play to the best of his ability but hasn’t got the natural instinct to be a regular clinical striker. He’s slow and in a tight game if the only real chance or chances came to him alone,I doubt his conversion rate would be good.

To play him in a 4-4-2 with a more gifted and better player might work, but I have my doubts.
    I don’t think it’s a confidence issue either, in fact if anything he may well think he is better than he is.
    He is a good squad player but not what we need to convert the numerous chances that go begging.

62. ArseneAround? says:

St Totterings’ quite early this year! and there was this coinchucker on talksh!t predicting …Everton 4th sperz 5th and Arsenal 6th only last week ☺

Game over

Definitely game over now.

Neuer poor for the last two goals, i didn’t see the first one

68. White Bear says:

Great stuff Kelsey, thank you for taking time to share your observations with us. I always enjoy reading them.

Yeah, the Magpies were poor, but it doesn’t make us look worse for it. We had a good game, worked hard and bagged the reward – job well done,

I like you am not too keen on Ollie, but yesterday he was everywhere, unstoppable. If he could also scored we would have won by 10 goals!

70. White Bear says:

I can see Bayern going mad in the second half

Erm, 2 shots saved by the keeper leading to Ozil’s goal and 1 headed goal.
    What the hell are you on about?

72. White Bear says:

bumfucker – it was a joke, ha ha ha ha like :) If a striker could score…

Pepi G without Barca is not that good, is he. Everyone thought he was the best thing since sliced bread and look at him now

73. White Bear says:

the last sentence made me laugh – from Wiki:
    Traditions
    St. Totteringham’s Day
    Saint Totteringham’s Day (sometimes also known as Saint Totteridge’s Day) is a concept created by Arsenal fans in the early 1990s, first published in 2002 on arseweb.com.[11][12] It is held on the day when Arsenal have gathered enough points to be mathematically assured to finish ahead of Tottenham in the league table. In 2007 the concept was first mentioned (as St. Totteridge) in a 2008 Arsenal-Aston Villa official match programme[13] although there are suggestions that it has existed since 2005.[14]

St. Totteringham’s day 2010 was the first time the celebration was acknowledged by mainstream media, with mentions from the BBC,[15] The Sun,[16] Daily Mail[17] and The Guardian[18] newspapers.

Ah, soz, couldn’t see the smile behind your false beard. ;)

75. White Bear says:

there was no smile.
    Blimey, that’s a demolition of BM. Cannot say I am not pleased. Smile.

Ollie should have passed instead of having those two shots anyway.

He telegraphed the left foot side foot, but then so did Thierry (except right foot) but even though the keepers knew where he was going he used to find the bottom corner so often they were helpless.

Really disappointed in Bayern, thought in the first game at ours they were excellent but they can nowhere close to that level of performance in United tie or tonight, burn out? Or just relaxing because the Bundesliga is too easy?

78. arnie says:

Chas, Redders: I sent mine to nuts. cant do twitter. but in any case they were rubbish. :razz:

79. JM says:

- RM obliterated BM. Possession football is overrated (BM-69%, RM-31%). Power, speed, counter-attacking football with organisation & purpose gives wins when they mattered. (Chelsea K.O. Liverpool recently as well)

– Good endorsement for “Fly Emirates” which has started investing/sponsoring in RM from this season.

– Attacking trio of C.Ronaldo, G.Bale & A.di Maria supporting K.Benzema = irrepressible (possibly the best attacking quartet in European club football this season).

– Modric and X.Alonso in centre midfield for RM, shows a top quality team can play and win without the “traditional DM – destroyer-typed midfielder”.

– CL finals at the Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica, Portugal could be either:
    (a) between the 2 of the biggest egos in world football currently: Cristiano Ronaldo & Jose Mourinho.
    (b) a fierce Spanish city rivalry brought to the European stage. Atlético vs Real. (Who says Spanish football are passé? Sevilla & Valencia are facing each other in SF of Europa League, which ensures one Spanish representative in the final vs either Juventus or Benfica)

80. JM says:

For our team, let us go for maximum points against WBA & Norwich (to keep our winning momentum), head towards the FA Cup Final and win it.

Ledley’s knee will survive

Morning Chas

I watched that Spurs vid all the way to the end

Morning Lord DidIt

It must have been made by Arse fans so it isn’t really a spud vid. :)

Blimey

4-0 in Munich. Must say I would like to see the Club who got shot of Maureen give him a damn good thrashing in the final.

Loved the themed packed lunches.

Where do you pick up JC and where do you eat these lunches?

I would like to see The Tart given a good thrashing too.

Haha, not so sure JC appreciated the pack up.

We pick him up from his house. Food eaten either in the pub if appropriate or in the ground.

I’m hoping his thrashing comes tonight.
    It seemed impossible for them to spawn it in 2012 and somehow Abramovich even bribed the footballing gods to do his dirty work.
    I’d prefer it to be a no risk final.

Ah ha, we’re back to “risk” eh

Surely being beaten in the final would hurt more, therefore the satisfaction even greater. A tonking in the final by his old employers would be wonderful to behold.

Morning

If only….the smug one got smashed tonight but I have a feeling he won.t.

No love lost between the Spanish and the Portugese and that might favour Chelsea if they get to the Final.

I am absolutely convinced if luck had gone our way together with the sending off and Ozil’s penalty miss and crucial players missing,we would have beaten Bayern

If we haven’t got a post for today perhaps a poll would do if anyone has got any ideas.

Yeah but suppose that slimy toad had cause to celebrate?
    (we can’t all be risk-takers :) )

RA

“I would like to see The Tart given a good thrashing too”

and who might that be :).

Chas,

Morning, Kelsey,

There is only one Tart. :-)

For the punk day on Saturday we stayed in a Travelodge.
    Thing is, it was The Regent Hotel built in the early 1800s and a Grade II listed building.
    It was a magnificent contrast to the punk stuff.

Disappointing result last night.

Really hoping anti-football doesn’t win tonight and agree with chas

Mertesacker has played 50 games for us this season.

Who is the most improved player this season…I suppose it has to be Ramsey

Going back to Sagna, I respect everyones point of view but if we sell him to either of the Manchester clubs I for one would go mad.

RA

Max Clifford would say differently :)

Kelsey

I did expect to see far more of Jenks this season as ground was prepared for a transition.

Makes me think there’s a Plan B in the pipeline. I really hope Bac goes nowhere.

Chas

” The Regent Hotel built in the early 1800s and a Grade II listed building”

Watch out Mate, you’ll be collecting antiques before you can blink :-)

Actually, the Travelodge in Bath is in a beautiful Georgian building. I know, stayed there.

Ha, anyway this new gaff of yours. Can you describe it for us?
    Why are you moving? Need more room to balance your antiques on top of one another?

Kelsey

I reckon you’ve got history with Clifford. Clear signs of issues :-)

Ok, I think he’s a slime ball, but weren’t his victims all grown up girls going to him as media whores themselves? Tits out in front of a celeb then flog the story.

So he locked the door, and whipped it out.

I imagine that Leamington is quite similar to Bath with its royal connections and grand architecture.
    The gig venue was The Assembly, a 1920s art deco building that was refurbed fairly recently by one of your mates, Micky….. Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen.

Chas
    Usual shit. Doors , windows and so on, but extra space for hanging wetsuits :-)

Rumour has it, that much like Sniffer, there wasn’t really much to whip out.

Laurence L-B. Now there’s a ….

…….fine and dandy young man.

chas 7.15. A punk band with two keyboard players?? Or are they getting too old to stand up.

Album recommendation: Wilco Johnson and Roger Daltrey.

Haha, BR.
    That was a photo taken from Google to show the interior.
    It looks as though that was a Procul Harum soundcheck, though you may have a point about the punk bands. :)

Clifford was a neighbour of mine when in Spain. He would screw anyone or anything.

One girl was 15 and he was still doing it 4 years ago.
    His wife died and he married some young thing who left him and now lives in the Cotswalds and she is divorcing him and going to screw him for everything he’s got.

Sol Campbell paid him 100K a year as a retainer as did many other footballers and that bisexual bird who had an affair with Beckham.

Kelsey,

Probably best to put ‘allegedly’ in those comments.

112. White Bear says:

Please footballing gods, pretty pleeeeeaze, let’s have all Spanish CL final. Pleeeeaze no Portuguese in Lisbon!! I couldn’t, just could not see Maureen picking up the trophy in his homeland. It would be just too nauseating

Any ideas where Gurdiola went wrong last night? Bayern looked tired and disinterested to me. And ugly, very ugly.

113. White Bear says:

a non footy question for the exiled AAers, yes you GiE, DidIt, Norfolk – how much do you think are 2 bed flats in that shithole Tottenham? Don’t cheat!

Polar Bear,

If you remember how Arsenal played when they were stuffed by Liverpool – open, casual and attacking from the go, they were vulnerable to break aways.

After the first goal the tendency is to go even more onto the attack and again give away a breakaway goal and so on.

That game against ‘Pool was pretty much the way Bayern played against Real – with the same result.

[You do not really care about that do you?] :-)

RA

actually I know it’s a fact . Cannot go into it on here.

Evonne a three bedroom terraced house in Tower Hamlets is now 750K and sells in 24 hours.

Looks like The Ox is out for the rest of the season and Jack might just get a cameo so I doubt either will go to Brazil.

117. White Bear says:

RA – I do care! It is doing my head, how come a brilliant team like the Bavarians can be simply demolished at home?

Kels – a small 2 bed in Tottenham is £350k+, more in Finsbury Park

Evonne is there a black and white video included in the price :)

Evonne

“a small 2 bed in Tottenham is £350k+, ”

I think that’s hilarious. You should only buy what you can comfortably afford, and be in an area where you are happy.

So anyone choosing to buy in Tottenham thinking it’s a bad area while they will also be financially stretched, is stupid.

120. White Bear says:

Micky -…………………………… I am going to buy there :wink:

Here’s an idea for a post.
    Simple Poll
    “What price a Trophy?”

Would you accept really dull football for a title

Can’t help more as I’m in the car on Mobile

Evonne
    ‘re the flat
    I take it that
    A you can comfortably afford it, and
    B it’s for someone you don’t like very much :-D

123. Norfolk Gooner says:

White Bear, you think that’s bad, how about this….

Bad news this morning….Ajax manager Frank de Boer claims that he has been approached by the Sorry Spuds to take over from Sherwood when they sack him at the end of the season. Now de Boer is a pretty good manager and may make a better job than the last dozen numpties Levy has appointed.

If that isn’t bad enough, de Boer could take his assistant to The Swamp, and that would be really, really bad news. The assistant is of course none other than Dennis Bergkamp.

Terry Neill went there, George Graham went there, can you imagine St. Dennis following in their footsteps?

124. arnie says:

Motning all.

I have this strange image in my mind this morning. Clifford chasing Kelsey down the street for an encounter of the other kind. And Kelsey running for dear life! Kelsey IN. :)

125. arnie says:

… firmly holding on to his crystals of course! :)

Relax Norfolk

Zero chance of DB10 joining Evonne in Tottenham :-)

127. White Bear says:

years ago there was a nasty rumour that DB10 was a Spurs supporter. He denied it saying that he was Glenda’s fan, not Spurs, but there is a fine line.

Dennis joining THFC would be worse than Chavs winning the CL, far worse.

DidIt – possible investment for the imminent retirement.

128. Vinay says:

Frank De Boer will be a very good addition to the spuds but he cannot come and create miracles. Dennis God Bergkamp going there is unimaginable but then stranger things have happened in the game.

Top 4 though looks set even for the next season, i do not see any changes in the names next season to, hope league positions do change and for once it must be Arsenal at the top end may than mid campaign.

Real bet bayern by pace, they are electrifying and i so miss our team’s pace, we lack that and that is the biggest problem we face. No pace means no momentum and we tend to become so predictable.

Along with a striker and a DM, can we please buy an out and out winger next season, griezmann, lavezzi, Di maria or even pedro please.

129. RC78 says:

NEXT YEAR:

I think next year it will be even harder to get in the Top 4…

With Utd looking to strengthen and with Chelsea and City being reliable resilient sides…

Liverpool is on a good spell and I think that Rodgers has really done well there and Suarez is well supported by Sterling, Sturridge and Henderson so all and all, they will be competing for Top 4 next year.

So we will fight with these 4 teams for sure and I am quite sure that with the right management, Tottenham will be closing down the gap with the Top 4 as the squad is actually full of talent…I am not so sure about Everton because some of their key players are just on loan for the season: Lukaku, Barry and to a certain extent Delofeu…Let us see what happens to them.

TRANSFER:S

DM is mandatory, as most of us seem to agree

A pacy ST is also mandatory, as most of also seem to agree. Loic Rémy, Wilfried Bony, James Rodriguez; Kevin Gameiro, Morata could do the job but if we want to go to the next level, we have to look at players like Falcao, Cavani

Winger – YES YES YES! We do need a real winger in our squad. A player that can stretch defenses wide and that can cross as well as score outside the box. Not many of those around but a player liek Dries Meertens would be worth lookng at and again, Menez is free from PSG and he is a fune but moody player.

I would also look into adding defenders to the squad, even if Sagna and Vermaelen end up staying. Coloccini would be ok and so would Ashley Williams.

RC78
    I think you may well be right with 6 teams vieing for 4 places.

With regards to Spurs I am surprised Joe Lewis lets Levy continue as Chairman as his judgement of choice of manager has been flawed for at least a decade. Levy wants instant success and the only half decent manager they had in Joel was stabbed in the back. Long may it continue ;)

131. arnie says:

OK, I have just sent a brief few lines to nuts. :) Just in case.

132. Norfolk Gooner says:

Micky, Evonne going over to the Spuds? Why that would be like deserting the country of your birth to move to little old England. Unthinkable!! Oh! Wait a minute though…. :D