Newcastle: Pardew’s Return

Thanks to an unusually efficient Everton defensive display leading to a Southampton victory, if we win the next two home games the tricky trip to Norwich becomes irrelevant – what more could one want from an exciting weekends football?

Our season has been interesting from start to finish and with some good fortune, decent refereeing and the lads not titting about it can end on a high. Three wins and my summer holiday will be even better.

It starts tonight.

Newcastle have been “on the beach” since Xmas. – fans of the  Magpies must be fuming. They have lost their last 5 games and taken just 13 points from a possible 51. Mr Wenger’s nemesis has once again shown himself to be a total knob of a manager having flattered to deceive early in the season. Given the array of talent at his disposal even Tim but Dim Sherwood could have done better – even I could.

Just look at their squad – Cisse, Remy, Debuchy and Ben Arfa would probably get a place at THOF.  Sissoko is quality as are Gouffran and Collocini and then there is Tiote – Newcastle’s Flamini. Ameobi is better than Sanogo and Bendtner and  Krul is a fine keeper, plus they have some good youngsters coming through – so why are they struggling and unlikely to finish in the top 10?

Because Newcastle have an awful manager whose main ability is to look good in a suit (oh, and he does have good hair!). Can you imagine the media response to Mr Wenger head butting a player? The owner’s decision to grant Pardew an 8 year contract (until 2020) has proven to be a costly mistake. They just cannot afford to get rid of him.

Unknown-1

Another tonight please OG

Add into the mix an owner who is “unpredictable” and the brilliant Newcastle fans are getting poor return for their ticket price.

It is a shame because if Mr Wenger had Pardew’s squad I think they would be challenging for 5/6th with MU, Everton and the Neanderthals – instead they are 23 points behind Everton.

I like Newcastle. The Toon Army are passionate fans who love their football; they have a rich history and it is awful to see their club ruined by Johnny-Come-Lately’s. But tonight I fervently wish them to go home with further reason to detest the management.

Arsenal. We have a strong squad of players to choose from – just Gibbs and the long-term injured are unavailable. The return of Ozil and Ramsey is a massive boost for the run in and I believe they will push us into the CL spot.

Mr Wenger’s unusual problem is selection. Poldi or Santi, Arteta or Flamini etc?

My Team:

a v n

Might be a little light in defence but we are at home and really need to win, so I would attack from the first minute, retain possession and be very attentive of the counter attack. Newcastle have pace and power upfront and will be confident that Arsenal will push too many men forward. Plus potential summer target, Remy will be making a huge effort to show he is the man we need.

We have finally got a decent subs bench  (still lacking a game changer). If Ox is fit, I would love to see him get 30 minutes against a tiring Newcastle defence.

Newcastle Upon Tyne was first settled by the Romans in 2 century  A.D. Named Pons Aelius after the family name of Emperor Hadrian (the chap who built the wall). When the Romans left in 410 it became an Anglo-Saxon town and was called Monkchester. Then came those pesky Vikings who smashed the town and not long after a castle was built (around 1088) which became known as Novum Castellum or New Castle.  Throughout the Middle Ages this fortress was England’s northern border against raids from the Scots.

There is little doubt that with Pardew back on the touchline Newcastle will be looking to end their awful run of form, as such, this will be another tough and nervy evening. Or … we could score early, get another before half time and then coast the second half.

Which would you prefer?

written by Big Raddy

149 Responses to Newcastle: Pardew’s Return

Haha, I agree, BR, the lads not titting about is the most important element of tonight’s game.

Fabulous Raddy

I was in the mood before I read it, now I’m ready to kit up.

Really enjoyed the place name history angle, thank you.

Newcastle were our first ever league opponents, so we ought to play for a Trophy, or at least swap those flag-like banners as they used to.

So Raddy is off on yet another holiday.Wonders never cease.

RA would you kindly refer to my private parts in the correct manner :) Thank you.

Ah yes the game.

4-0 or perhaps 4-1. Preview sorted.

Randy,

Before I respond to your fine Post, I hope you will not mind me sending a health and safety warning to our man Steve P.

Steve, you said;

– “When you look at people who break planks of wood with a Karate chop, not many break their hand, and most of the time the plank or brick breaks”

Stop! This instant! Beware your Hand could fall off!!

I once worked with a Sri Lankan who was very small, slim and had a wonderfully friendly personality.

In conversation he told me that he enjoyed martial arts and offered to give me a demonstration. There was an old wooden office chair waiting to be disposed of. He took a thick arm rest and placed it between two desks, rolled up his sleeve and got into position to strike it.

I laughed and said don’t ass around, and that he would hurt himself.
    (The arm rest could have taken my substantial weight bouncing on it.)

Without further ado, he struck down and this little guy sent the two pieces of the armrest flying. Stunning!

He showed me his hands and for the first time I saw they were similar in size to mine – and I was well over a foot taller and several stone heavier than him.

There was not a mark or cut on his outsized hands.

He then showed me how he trained – every day, for at least 45 minutes every lunch time, he took a fire bucket full of sand outside, and forcefully rammed the sides of his outstretched hands into it, time after time.
    He had been doing this exercise daily since he was a boy. The sides of his hands felt like rough mahogany.

So do not do the karate chop on wood or brick, Steve!
    Otherwise your hand might shatter into small pieces, or fall off or all the bones in your fingers and wrists would smash.
    These martial arts boys are different – and it is not just a matter of ‘not doubting your ability to do it’. You can’t! :-)

5. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Raddy,
    Personally i don’t care how we do it so long as we do.

Managers on the touchline, i have never been a fan of this. It has now become like a zoo, where the camera’s are out to catch the monkey on film.

Putting two managers in their own little box’s next to one another has controversy all over it.

Linesman and ball boys are the only people that should be on the touchlines. If managers want to bark out instructions then players should wear ear pieces that can tell them.

Its my opinion that all management, trainers and helpers should be in the dugout and stay there unless a referee beckons them.

Pre match speeches should be enough to relay how the manager wants the players to play, and half time to reinstall the instructions.

Seeing managers holding up play and staff swearing at reffs and officials is all for the camera, nothing to do with the football.

6. stevepalmer1 says:

Cheers Ra have filed this informative info, in case i ever get tempted :)

Steve Well said. The sight of Merinho yesterday was enough to put me off my cream tea.

Kelsey @ 10:18

I am shocked, sir. Truly shocked! You are a wicked man!

As a morally high minded and law abiding personage, I would never condone the use of your private parts for inaccurate prediction purposes!

No, indeed.

I long ago realised that the accuracy of your forecasts and knowledgeable insights was down to the forensic examination of the contents of a packet of Whitworth’s splendid currants or raisins. :-)

9. stevepalmer1 says:

Cream tea that sounds so inviting.

Lets face it who wants to see Wenger wrestling with a coat, when Arsenal players are attacking.

10. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, another great pre-match, thank you BR.

Am I right in thinking that a win tonight will make certain that the sorry Spuds remain in our shadow for yet another season?

We could do with few extra goals tonight to boost our goal difference as we are tied with Everton on +21.

Steve, the dug-outs and technical areas at The Emirates are well separated, so there should be no shenanigans but I agree that the antics of managers, and various other hangers-on have reached an unacceptable level. A photo in this morning’s Telegraph depicts Moanhio holding onto the ball and preventing Gerard from taking a throw-in, time wasting, interfering with play, encroaching on the playing area. It’s surely time that the FA took serious action.

Another enjoyable Post, Raddy.

My only concern with it is the taunting of the gods for ‘telling like it is’, and when, in the past, we have been relaxed and expectant (in a footballing context) of a good result, we have screwed things up.

So a lovely Post, except for the above, and of course no one will ever speak to you again if we get mugged tonight. :-)

My suspicion, Norfolk, is that the ‘authorities’ like a bit of nonsense on the touchlines to add to the entertainment of the worldwide audience, while remaining aloof, and willing to slap wrists on occasion.

There are many neutral fans, as well as the Chavs, who like that little Toad camping it up and stamping his teeny weeny foot.

13. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning NG, spectacle football i call it. Erica Roe kind of spectacles that i wouldnt mind. but they wont show them :)

RA. 10.45. This is something I wrestle with. In the past I have “gone large” predicting victories over teams who have never, ever, ever, ever beaten us and then had to hide as a humiliating defeat ensued. Therefore I rarely predict a result as it seems I can bok the team.

However, much of my weekend was spent discussing the benefits of PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) which is hugely beneficial to one’s happiness.

So today I am confident of victory (he said very quietly) :-D

15. White Bear says:

a prematch at long last, I thought it won’t happen. Delightful, thank you Raddy! Don’t worry about middle aged guys with lots of hair, it means they have low testosterone. Proper men should be going bald after 30

Micky – I only watch the best of TV, ie sport, news and documentaries. Here is the link http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/tv-and-radio-reviews/10780048/Unreported-World-Kickboxing-Kids-Channel-4-review-shocking-and-disturbing.html

16. stevepalmer1 says:

I some how get the feeling that Pards will have a quiet game.

Can’t fault the team selection. I expect to see Diaby on the bench tonight just in case we do go three up.

18. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Raddy. :) :) I hope Kelsey’s unmentionables are right, 3 points in the bag, on with the show! :) :) :)

Lovely PM Raddy. I share your admiration of the Newcastle fans and your loathing of their manager and owner.

I was feeling quite confident until you listed some of their quality players. I believe Remy may be back this evening – is he the man who could be ‘our other type of striker’ up front?

Unlike Micky I do not want our quest for top 4 to go down to the last game so a victory tonight and a city win over Everton will mean we can relax and look forward to the Cup Final.

Raddy,

In my mind’s eye I see you as something of a buccaneering, yet suave man of the world, and in a simple sentence you have shattered my illusions, and I am not sure I can forgive you for that either.

–”much of my weekend was spent discussing the benefits of PMA (Positive Mental Attitude,which is hugely beneficial to one’s happiness” — what?

You are the epitome of happiness, you are the definition of good living, and extensive holidays, and all carried off with a world weary, but elegant, shrug of the shoulders while strumming your guitar and serenading your beloved with a melancholy and beautiful song of love.

And you spent your weekend how??

Oh how the mighty has fallen, and with him my dreams of emulating one of the greatest Danish (but devotedlyBritish) tourist guides of all times. (goes off in tears) :-(

21. arnie says:

On the obnoxious “me me me” Maureen show last night, I perfectly see the point. Chavs play a very boring game. If there is no entertainment on the pitch, at least there has to be some off it. Maureen serves that purpose. Remember the role of the jester in Shakespeare? :razz:

White Bear, @10:58

Are you being rude to Kelsey the Predictor?

– “Don’t worry about middle aged guys with lots of hair, it means they have low testosterone. Proper men should be going bald after 30.”

I can see Podolski scoring again this evening. He has a point to prove to AW and the German manager and looks really up for it :?

Will Diaby be in the French WC squad I wonder?

25. arnie says:

Rasp: why? to return to Arsenal injured again? No, please, no! I hope not. :sad:

Hi arnie, we can have zero expectation over Diaby. I don’t care whether he plays for France or not. He has at some stage prove that his body will cope with playing 1 game a week – if it can’t then we can’t count him as a member of the squad any more surely.

27. arnie says:

Rasp: cant say I disagree. :razz: but good fun, nevertheless. :)

Although at the start of the season most thought we couldn’t compete against the mega rich clubs and no one thought United would have such an appaling season and also allowing for key personal getting long term injuries yet again,we really could have won the league or get really close if only we could have improved our points total by just 50% against the other other top clubs including United.

Regardless if AW stays and the extra revenue we will receive next season we may rue this season as the one that got away.

This is why I love toon fans …. have a read of this pre-match report from one of their blog sites …… Having said that, they express their disappointment with their club’s management without the bile found on some Arsenal sites

… having said that, I’ve just read the comments and the general consensus is that they want toon to lose so Pardew gets the bullet.

RA. 11.09 I was giving the talk :-D

chas. That is unfortunately very funny.

ha ha raddy

I was about to ask permission to laugh :-)

Apparently Zagłębie Lubin are a Polish team and you know what those Poles are like for strict punishments for failure and misbehaviour. :)

Btw, so pleased I’ve got low testosterone.

36. arnie says:

Does our resident White Bear have any opinions on Zagłębie Lubin? :razz:

37. jnyc says:

Raddy great post as always. We’ve been given gifts by Everton choking, I hope we can take full advantage today. We had a slight chance for third, I think that’s gone now after yesterday’s results. I am now hoping city win it over the other choices.

Mourihno made me sick yesterday also. He is despicable. I wonder if any press asked him if he regrets the finger in the eye incident. They should let me into the pre and post games. I’d have a few good questions for the slimey one.

jnyc,
    :-) :-)

39. Bayonne Jean says:

Great results from the weekend As loathsome as Mourinho is, their result at Anfield means the Abu Dhabi mercenaries have it all to play for in their fixtures. They should be all in at Goodison Park, which is their only difficult match remaining (others are at Etihad vs. Villa and FatSam).

With a win over Toons, both WBA and Norwich could be dead rubbers in advance of the cup final.

Just win, baby!

40. Norfolk Gooner says:

As it seems to be a quiet afternoon on AA, Here’s a little light entertainment…/

The Australian Poetry Competition had come down to two finalists; a university graduate and an old aboriginal. They were given a word, then allowed two minutes to study the word and come up with a poem that contained the word. The word they were given was ‘ TIMBUKTU ‘

First to recite his poem was the university graduate. He stepped to the microphone and said:

“Slowly across the desert sand,
    Trekked a lonely caravan
    Men on camels two by two
    Destination – Timbuktu .”

The crowd went crazy! No way could the old aboriginal top that, they thought.

The old aboriginal calmly made his way to the microphone and recited:

“Me and Tim a huntin’ went,
    Met three whores in a pop up tent,
    They were three, and we was two
    So I bucked one, and tim buktu.”

The aboriginal won.

Norfolk,

I bet you stayed up all night working on that one! :-)

42. arnie says:

Norfolk. :)

43. White Bear says:

arnie – never heard of the team, some southern scum

gorgeous – if you had a little bit more testosterone you wouldn’t be obsessing with the virtual genitalia

A ‘fan’ told me today that he was sad coz Everton slipped up. He actually wants us to finish outside the top 4, saying that this would teach the club a lesson and make them spend more. Can anybody really think like that?? There was a show on TV on Saturday where the contestants (adult, UK born and not evidently demented) were asked which continent was Siberia in. I think I am beginning to wish I was thick, I would have more peaceful life

44. Hi all

thanks Raddy for the pre-match, can’t do caps typing with one hand :( I hope its a raucous atmosphere tonight, our germans seem to thrive on that. I’ll be stuck to my sofa as usual ……….. four weeks, it’s been four weeks since I got injured, those guys must go no nuts when they’re out for weeks. I can understand their frustration :(

WB. I recently took a University course with people of all ages. During the history section one youngster asked “who was Hitler?”

No-one dared laugh ….

46. No way???????????????

Virtual genitalia are always more attractive. :)

48. arnie says:

emphasis on always! :razz:

49. White Bear says:

pervert!!! how come you are not in London?

Raddy – and that was in Denmark? I am sorry my English friends but I thought it was just this country’s education failing people

50. arnie says:

Raddy: I am not surprised by your story, sadly, that is the society we live in. :sad:

I swear it is true but they all know who Beyonce is.

However this is a discussion for a different blog.

Anyone think we will field a different team to my choice above?

52. arnie says:

we should win. whatever team Arsene fields, I hope the good guys give their full effort,

53. arnie says:

your team looks very good, Raddy. what team will be selected only Arsene knows. :)

54. arnie says:

If we score early, I would like to see some subs. We need to try and preserve energy for the remaining games as well.

Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Podolski, Giroud

56. White Bear says:

bloody ell Raddy, spot on team selection!

57. arnie says:

Perfect score is it, Raddy? Wow. well done you. :)

Just checking in for team news, so thanks Kelsey

back for KO, although it’ll be close, so save me a pew

11/11 for th big man :-)

subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Kallstrom, Flamini, Rosicky, Sanogo

If I give Ollie a bollocking he will surely score a brace :)

Best news today is Max Clifford is found guilty on 8 charges.

The worst news is the tube strike starting at 9p.m. which will make the ground pretty sparce.

Ha Ha Evonne

The bloke reckons ending 5th will mean spending more than 4th?
    Less revenue=spending more eh. Wild guess here: bet he wasn’t great at counting at school :-)

Just discovered 8 KO. Time to relax. Where’s the Ox?

Oh blimey, is the tube strike everywhere ie Victoria and Piccadilly lines?

65. White Bear says:

Kelsey – is your news round up a fact or have you been looking at your balls?

Ox must be knocked. Shame we could have used his pace tonight..

67. White Bear says:

Micky – you think that the geezer actually went to school??

Mmm, fair point Cuddly Bear

How do they justify striking when they earn at least £800 p.w.?

Effing disgraceful.

I am an advocate of trade unions and think they are an essential part of any industrialised society but these blokes make a farce of the system.

Bet they are all MU or Spurs fans

I am thinking of passing the hat around topay for Cazzor to go to Spec Savers. :-)

Raddy :-)

Come on you Gunnnnnners

COYRRG. Not finding any space so far and the passing is a bit off target.

Better to come I hope

I’m the Clock End, The Clock End, The Clock End Highbury

Micky’s the tea room, the tea room, the tea room Highbury.

I am the……..

Best not, we could be doing this all night :-)

RA
    behave :-)

Bollocks, third stream just died. Back in a mo

Great pic, English Talkiest, but long thin Giacometti styley players

Gooooooaaaaalllllllll

78. TwentyTwelve says:

What on earth is happening? Giroud playing off the shoulder of the defenders? :)

Ozil is a magician ,Giroud is a ……..

“Or … we could score early, get another before half time and then coast the second half.”

I’m on fire today!

kelsey. OG is having a fine game. Very good control, full of running and leading the line.

Evening all, reading the pre match at HT is always fun, especially when it turns out Raddy borrowed Kelsey’s currants.

Santi has been great to watch this half, but the most noticeable thing for me this half has been the return of triangular football, every time a player has been in possession there has been two options, and even better when the next player has received it he has had two too, meaning ball has moved quickly and possession has been retained and forward movement is possible.

Looking at Pods performance anyone think he has been carrying a knock all season and is finally 100%?

He was rumoured to be struggling most of last season with a knock but played on because we needed him to, wonder whether with extra bodies and a World Cup looming Wenger and Pod reached an agreement not to start unless absolutely necessary?

I’m very happy.

Was thinking the same Raddy but when a mind is made up it is difficult to unmake it.

If you go into any viewing of a game thinking a player is shit all you see is bad things, equally if you start watching thinking anyone is great you only see the good things. Judge everyone as if it’s the first time you’ve watched them and you get a fairer view.

I’ve often been critical of Pod but tonight he looks a different player. Similarly Arteta has come in for a lot of stick recently but with Rambo and Santi around him and Koz and BFG providing good options you wonder why people think he slows the play, he has been good tonight.

Rambo has given the ball away on more than one occasion that last season would have earned boo’s but not now.

Ozil is just wonderful on the ball and how Alan Smith can knock him is beyond my understanding. But then Smith despite his heritage is often highly critical of Arsenal.

Looking forward to the second half because as GIE says, we are getting our mojo back – which coincides with the return of RamZil

A strange game in some ways.

We insist on playing the ball around at the back, and then Szczeney decides to play à la Zidane and everyone has heart palpitations.

Then some extravagant skill, and a great free-kick cross from Cazzor ‘The Boss-Eyed’ to Kozzer who puts it away like a CF, while our real CF attracts both of their CBs away from our No. 6.

Then an exquisite ball from Ozil to Giro who does his best to throw the chance away, before the self same Özil puts it in the net.

Class! :-)

Anyone else think this is a bit easy for us? Players seem to have started to lose interest.

Could be a classic goal on the cards

89. arnie says:

fantastic. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

That’s better…..just keep playing.

Great stuff.

It’s such a shame Ollie doesn’t have that extra 5 or 6 mph

92. White Bear says:

Ollie deserved that goal, he was great tonight

93. arnie says:

Ollie is my MOTM. :)

94. White Bear says:

be quite GiE – have you forgotten 4 all draw against Newcastle?

True Evonne. Mind you, he always deserves a goal, simply because he always puts in 100%

70 mins. Must be time to take of Poldi

Wow. RamZil off and Poldi stays on. Must have had words with the Gaffer

Loving Flamini’s black boots

Raddy
    As Exile said, there’s something spooky going on with Pod
    I like it, but it is spooky

He always wears black boots, but it does look old fashioned

101. White Bear says:

I am loving Flamini’s dark looks

102. White Bear says:

happy St Totterigham’s tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Great day at the office.

Must dash. Daughter calling. Nite all :-)

Happy St Totts fella’s I’m off to bed.

105. He’s mine WB, hands off

Happy St Totts all :)

Comprehensive win and as comfortable a second half as we have seen against a PL side this season.

Everyone played well and it is hard to pick a MoM but I will go for Koscielny.

“Slowly, but perceptibly, these two clubs are passing one other in the natural order: it is Spurs who are the more powerful the more dangerous and it is Arsenal who put up resistance, much of it admirable, but ultimately doomed to failure.” Sam Wallace, March 2013

Why do we bother with pundits and media hacks?

Happy St Totts everyone :) :) :)

For me == ÖZIL my man of the match!

He has a very long tongue.;)

I thought the 3 germans all played well.

sorry I said 4-0.Must clean my crystals

112. Adrian says:

Ozil my motm, with cazorla closely behind him. Good performance overall, but you get the feeling that somehow the Newcastle players are doing their best to get Pardew fired. None of them looked like they can be bothered the minute the first goal went in.

Ozil MOTM!

MotM? Arteta back to his best tonight, Rambo, Pod and Ozil good. Thought Santi was at the heart of everything playing the conductors role….so he gets my vote.

115. stevepalmer1 says:

I would like to congratulate The Arsenal on a great 3.0 victory.
    Surprisingly Sky sports pundits were very disappointed, and showed on the computer screen how bad Newcastle defended,

They tried as hard as they could to say that Mesut’s goal was offside, but failed to say that a Newcastle player was sitting next to the by line playing everybody on.

Now i realise that Liverpool lost at home, and couldn’t score and defended naively and was punished mercilessly, but hey that’s football.

Apparently, they seem to think that if we qualify for Europe and win the FA cup we would have shown a little improvement. Where in all honesty with the injuries we have had to endure, i feel if we should do that, we have surpassed any thing for a very long time,

I would just like to point out some of our bookings tonight, where i felt worse came from the other side which went unnoticed

Gotta go with Ozil for Motm, worth his weight in golden entertainment.

Steve, afraid you have fallen into the “You’re the Ref” trap.

2 defenders need to be between the forward and the goal line when the ball is played forward. So as only one man on the line, Krul is the last defender, and as Ozil was ahead of Krul, he was in an offside position.

Although the real question is about phase of play, when Giroud shoots (twice) he is not aiming to pass to Ozil so i guess under current laws Ozil only becomes active when the ball is deflected to him and therefore not offside.

To be fair its about time a couple went our way, pisses me off that they keep banging on about the thrashing we took at Man City away, at least two of theirs were offside and Theo got flagged off several times when he was actually on.

118. GOONERKAM says:

Well your writeup was right on. The team lineup even the scoring summary. I’m glad it was the first and not the second scenario. Very good performance by the team. CONGRATULATIONS TO THEM AND AW. & THE TRUE FANS. well done..

Ahoy

We can wrap up top four with a win at home on Sunday. Nice to be able to do it at home in the sunshine.

Actually, now I bother to think about it, things could be in the bag anyway if Everton lost the day before.

Come on Everton, we need some excitement on Sunday :-)

Ahoy there, matelot :-)

Ah, RA, what a pleasant surprise.

Haven’t heard too much about Geronimo recently. Do you dress up as a knight and charge through local villages?

Lovely to start the day with a spring in the step.

Anyone notice how Ozil has bulked up this season or is it my television?

On my screen they all looked like pencils.

He always looks pretty miserable to me. Perhaps it was the fly spray in the eyes :-(

That’s because you don’t have a television

Micky uses failed Thai kick boxers to squeeze in a box and move Subboteo players around to recreate the match.

Just realised next Sunday we are having a big family do, involving about 4 generations of my Dads side of the family, starting with my Dad’s Uncle, down to my niece the youngest with many cousins, second cousins etc. on the positive side they are pretty much Gooners to a man (except one rogue uncle who decided to do his supporting at the craphole).

He is going to have a fun day!

For a laugh we decided our last few packed lunches for the Arse games would be ‘themed’. For West Ham Jon did a curry theme (JC didn’t come to that one) and gave me Australian to do for last night.

I printed off a menu for JC and the boys.
    Unfortunately JC didn’t really understand the joke and wanted reassurances that there wasn’t Crocodile penis in his pack-up as he said that he wasn’t going to eat it if there was. (He must have thought you could walk into Tesco’s and just buy this stuff at the Deli counter!)
    He recognised the jumbo sausage roll from the pommie puff pastry and so he ate that first, but when I offered him the FieryTasmanian Devil Scrotum he wasn’t sure I was telling the truth when I said they were meatballs cooked in chili and garlic. :)

He’d also never had an olive before (shark’s eyeball). How can you get to 88 and not have had an olive?

My other bro, Jon, sent a text saying he loved the wrap but thought the wombat might be off. :)

Ozzie Pack Up 28/4/2014

Savoury

1. Roll with Fiery Tasmanian Devil Scrotum and Tomato
    2. Wrap with “Sling another Prawn on the Barbie” Mayonnaise, Rocket and Tomato
    3. Wombat’s weiner and Shark’s eyeball skewers
    4. Saltie Croc Penis in Pommie Puff Pastry
    5. Mixed baked chilli and cheesy Wotsit Dingo crunchies

Sweet

1. Special Geordie chocolate bar, “My girlfriend’s fanny tastes of coconut – well, it’s Bounty”
    2. Once a Jolly Swagman drifter bar x 2
    3. Queensland cookie containing Wombat shite, (always comes out square – hence wombats are also known as the OOOhAAAh-asaurus in Aborigine)

Perhaps you could have some place mats printed, GIE?

So Manchester City and PSG are in breach of FFP and await sanction.

One fear a lot of people have is that they will appeal, but I read an interesting article the other day that as UEFA had used the skills of most of the worlds top Football Accounting and Legal teams those people cannot be used by the clubs in an appeal process, meaning the clubs are out on a limb.

There are a few possible sanctions, the one that makes least sense is a fine as that will just make conforming harder in the next season, also it is doubted any club will get excluded for a first offence. More likely they could be hit with a transfer embargo, or not be allowed to field new signings in next seasons CL. But whatever punishment handed down the club can choose to accept it or appeal, if they appeal and lose I assume the punishment could get worse, but it will now be interesting to see how far UEFA take it.

In other news Sepp a latter has applauded Dani Alves for his response to a banana being chucked at him against Villareal (he picked it up and are it) and promised to eradicate it from the game, well how about FIFA and UEFA start banning countries and clubs from their competitions when racist abuse is witnessed. And also stop imposing bigger fines for an individual wearing Paddy Power boxer shorts than Football Associations and Clubs found whose fans are guilty of racism

That is a top plan Chas :)

Preview in drafts.it won’t please everyone :)

Great pic.

STD came late this year!

132. White Bear says:

where is my Santi :) Fabianski’s leg seem bigger than the whole of Cazorla

It better please me Kelsey, or you will be for it.

Did you see the game last night, or is this one a product of your crystal whatnots?

I was somewhat hoping that Micky would write it — he was apparently watching the game on his Giacometti TV (actually, I suspect it was more likely Lowry TV – has a bit more meat on them) :-)

Chas @ 8:02

Monreal seems to have mismatched legs. His right leg is twice the size of the left leg. No wonder he runs in circles! :-)

135. arnie says:

Motning. Happt St Totts day, all. Ah, what a wonderful day!!!! What fantastic feeling. :)

“Big Raddy says:
    April 29, 2014 at 8:20 am (Edit)
    Great pic.

STD came late this year!”

Sorry to hear of your issues Raddy, that’s what you get for living in Scandanavian countries….must have been a long winter.

Actually RA
    when I can understand your comments we seem to agree on the players who we don’t rate that highly :)

138. arnie says:

Chas: what a menu! :razz:

139. saikirthiVed says:

Happy St Totteringham’s Day everyone!

GIE. Winters are long here :-D

RA. Great spot and a perfectly reasonable explanation of Monreal’s directional difficulties.

saikirthiVed. Same to you :-)

If you have a few seconds to read a poorly researched piece of jour no rubbish, read this. What has happened to Durham – he used to be a football fan and surely knows the Highbury history?

And how could he not laugh at “It’s happened again” :-)

We have a New Post ………………..