Suarez, Sturridge, Robben. Do AFC need a Cheat?

Bear with me ….

Over the past week we have seen and been on the wrong end of some dreadful cheats. A quick think brings me to Sturridge’s appalling dive to get Vidic sent off, Robben’s dive to earn BM a penalty, Suarez theatrics (nothing new there) and the world renowned Gerrard Flop.

Furtherrmore, this season we have had Lewandowski at Dortmund flapping around like a beached trout and Ashley Young perfecting his double somersault with twist and pike.

Over at Stamford Bridge we have some wonderful diving talent – Hazard, Oscar and Torres trying successfully to do The Drogba (a master of the art). Man City rely on the collapsing talents of Silva, Dzeko and Nasri.

Spurs have lost Monkeyboy who is world class at cheating but he has joined a whole team well versed in the Dark Arts – Marcelo, Ronaldo and Pepe etc – all love a dive.

Barca have Busquets, Pique, the obnoxious Alves, Neymar and Adriano.

So, who are Arsenal’s divers and if we don’t have them  …. why not?

Diving pays. It may offend your finer sensibility but it works – time and time again. What is the cost if a dive gets spotted by the referee? A yellow card, hardly enough of a deterrent to stop a clever forward, after all the profit is a penalty and probably a goal. Yellow card or goal? Ask a defender whether they would take one for the team when an attacker is advancing on goal – we fans get angry when the defender prefers to allow the game to flow!! So why not use such a cost-free tactic?

The antics of Robben last week infuriated me but had Giroud the nous to cheat his way to a penalty in a similar manner would I really protest? Would you?

What the first few para’s show is that all the top sides have players who dive and do so on a regular basis. A dive can get your team not just a penalty but also in the case of Sturridge a valuable defender sent off.

I am trying to recall an Arsenal player diving for a penalty. It must have happened in the last few seasons but I cannot recall it. Eduardo was called for diving – and goodness me the media went mad – even though he was just avoiding an Orc trashing his damaged leg. Perhaps this has had a knock-on effect on the way we play. Eboue liked a dive but he was so hopeless at “simulation” it became laughable and embarrassing.  Oh, I just remembered Santi diving vs West Brom in 2012 and Arteta burying the pen.Since then ….. ?

I know, I know … it isn’t The Arsenal Way, we always take the moral high ground and I am proud of Wenger’s honesty and his belief in The Beautiful Game but just once couldn’t we ape our opposition and go for the reverse dive with tuck?

What do you think?

written Tongue-in-Cheek by Big Raddy

92 Responses to Suarez, Sturridge, Robben. Do AFC need a Cheat?

1. Brilliant idea Raddy but knowing our luck we’d be the only team that doesn’t get the penalties and referees would find some other way to punish us ;)

2. deejay1952 says:

the sc*m at chelski are by fare the worst.

3. wam says:

The problem is, we don’t get legitimate penalties given, so what hope would a dive have of succeeding.

Cheeky subject Raddy :P

I appreciate it is ‘T in C’. I cannot believe we haven’t got video technology already in top flight football – its a no brainer.

When (if) it arrives, I hope the first thing that they use it for is to penalise divers when the ref has been conned. I’d make it a straight 3 match ban with no appeal.

Also the rule that if the ref has seen an incident but chosen not to act (or only awarded a yellow) is nonsense – refs get it wrong, that’s human frailty, but video replays can stop the behaviour in the first place.

We have had divers at the Arsenal, but I don’t consider any of our current squad to be guilty. The Ox and Theo invite challenges in the box but don’t go down unless there is significant impact – unlike those Bayern cheats.

5. arnie says:

Great stuff, Raddy. :D :D There is perhaps a limit to issues where we can try and take the moral high ground. Diving is an art, and if you have perfected it, it pays handsomely. It requires inviting a touch and then dive. Not taking names, but there are some world stars in that genre of acting. None in Arsenal. SADLY, yes sadly. :razz:

Who is our best bet? No, not Giroud. He plays with his back to the oppo goal. Not perfect shape for diving. You need to move in fast into the penalty box, at the very least.

But we have another one, who drops the moment there is a touch. And stays down. And does not get free kicks most often. No penalties, because he prefers to do this in the centre of the field. But no freekicks either. No guesses for guessing the person right. :razz:

If we found a good striker who is also good at the dark art, would this be a disqualification? No, not for me. Would we look specifically for a diver? No, not for me either. Should we encourage our young kids to perfect the art. Certainly NOT.

Respect for the game counts high among the list of priorities for an Arsenal fan. RESPECT. :D :D :D

6. arnie says:

peaches @ 9:52. Brilliant.

7. arnie says:

Rasp: This is from 16 March. Hope GN5 does not mind. :razz:

arnie says:
    March 16, 2014 at 3:12 pm

for me, this is a problem with referees. Suarez tries to stay on his feet, does not get a penalty, so they dive every time since. this is bringing the game to disrepute. :sad:

GunnerN5 says:
    March 16, 2014 at 3:18 pm

Arnie, I think that blaming the referee’s is wrong they need to be given the help of replays.

Technology is the answer.

arnie says:
    March 16, 2014 at 3:21 pm

OK, I am listening, GN5. :razz: It has just become so easy to cheat and get a penalty, it is shocking. This wont stop until players start getting straight red for diving. And then, the refs have to be sure. Maybe technology will be the answer. :D

Ha ha. Very, very good Raddy.

Was discussing Rugger with a chum the other day.
    Football: a sport where players pretend they are hurt.
    Rugger: a sport where players pretend they are not.

Peaches,
    Oh cripes. Diaby: “Training at altitude in French Alps this week”
    You mean he’s skiing. Not going to end well is it :-)

BR,

I’m in the technology corner, I am of the firm opinion that all red card and penalty decisions should be subjected to a video review. The decision on the field should only be overturned if there is
    indisputable video evidence which proves it to be incorrect.

Given that there are so few red cards and penalties in a game the flow of the game should not be delayed anymore than that caused by the current disruptive melee around the referee.

Hi GN5, the cynic in me thinks the reason why the corrupt powers that be who control football would find it harder to turn a blind eye to match fixing if we had video technology

Cheers Raddy

Course we shouldnt dive, were Arsenal.

I agree with deejay, Chelsea are the most cynical side. The main culprit is the deviant Ramirez. Hes also an ugly Bastard.

My solution is a “Simulation panel”. It should be a three man job consisting of guys who made a living from effeminate collapse. Say Stan Bowels, Frank Worthington, and Lionel Blair.

I would like to see Ramirez try and con them three? No chance.

12. Sav from Australia says:

Really good post and written in a most though provoking manner, my good sir Tongue-in-Cheek Big Raddy.

However, I hate cheating in any form. Absolutely hate it. And Arsene Wenger, being the genius and football purist that he is, would probably be even more so against such a thing (as far as I can tell from his interviews and the way his teams play).

No to cheating, whether it be diving or trying to gain unfair advantage by deliberately injuring other players. I like Arsenal being different, being the white knight, the lone ranger, the masked zorro, the defender of fair maidens’ virginity. And I like this group of players simply because they play hard but fair. They are too classy to dive and when they succeed with fair but firm flowing football, perhaps they will inspire the next generation to stop the theatrics.

Rasp,

I would prefer to believe that there is nothing sinister in the decision not to use video replay technology in football – but I have some serious doubts and the longer the technology is not used the more doubtful I become.

There is obviously corruption in football and “diving” for a critical penalty can be the simplest way to earn a massive pay day.

14. Danny says:

Robert Pires was good at diving!

15. Good motning all,

that is a cheeky post Big Dandy and although you are merely playing devils advocate I would feel uncomfortable with one of our players getting a diving reputation.

As it is most opposition fans think even if one of our players gets his legs taken out from behind and then get stretchered off they will say he dived and is a soft, southern pansy git who had it coming.

I have no problem with canny forward play drawing fouls, that lead to free kicks in dangerous areas, but the ridiculous simulation perpetrated by the likes of Bitey man, Ashly Young, Shrek, Nani, Robben and all of the Chavski midifield is just sickening.

Excellent, contemporary comment Danny, Pires left us nearly 8 years ago and to mention him now is far more relevant than, say, Robben’s diving last week.

Bravo !

16. Danny says:

If my comments bother you then don’t bother reading them then.
    Roll eyes – leave it out.

17. But I was applauding you, I’m not bothered at all. ;)

The Pires incident when he left his foot in to win a penalty sums up how Arsenal are treated very well.

The media latched on to it, just like the Eduardo incident, to make a big song and dance. Cue public outrage and indignation that an Arsenal player may dive

There are double standards when it comes to Arsenal, and the question is why?

My take is that deep down, “neutrals” know that Arsenal are special. The classiest club with the well earned reputation for doing things the right way, the Arsenal way.

Thanks for brining it up Danny

Tongue in cheek or not Raddy diving and cheating has

unfortunately become part of the game,not to mention shirt pulling to the extreme.

AW would never encourage players to cheat,but am not so sure about other managers.

It’s an art and most probably well practised,especially by many of of our imports to the PL, yet why do we have these additional assistants behind each goal in European matches. Have you ever seen any of them consulted by the referee in charge.

It’s a much quicker game than even twenty years ago with ballerina boots and balls like baloons.

When there is a confrontation with a melee of players protesting about a decision it would take less than half the time to use video technology played twice or slo mo to maybe not be correct all of the time but at least most of the time. On the downside it takes away some of the responsibility that a ref is paid for.It’s a hard one to call.
    Maybe the introduction of either two refs in a game,each covering one half of the pitch or even two linesmen on each side doing the same (me thinking out loud) but they invariably get things wrong,but we only know that usually by freeze frame replay of the incident.So video tevhnology must be the way forward.

Another example of Arsenals class is Ashley Young

A serial diver, cheat of the highest order, awarded a consistent mark of 10 by Lionel Blair for artistic impression, yet he had to do it every week for a year before been pulled up.

The reason is that though United are by default currently Englands biggest club, they do not have the class, or simple table manners, to hold a candle to Arsenal.

Same goes for all the others, bunch of twats.

I bet you any money our chairmen is the only one with a Duck Pond

21. Bayonne Jean says:

To stop diving, use video for post match review, and use the most effective reinforcer — money — to hit them where it hurts. For the player, at least a three match ban (preferably five) AND without pay. And fine the manager and/or the club with a Pardieu-level £100K. That will get attention.

Unfortunately, I think that even though the principals (players, managers, clubs) all proclaim that there’s no place for diving, no one would ever turn down a penalty kick or an opponent being sent off if it’s caused by a Uruguayan half-gainer with a twist.

Whilst its quiet I would very much like to take this opportunity to rant about the scrotum that is Michael Owen

Its because of people like him that people no longer partake in Ball Room dancing or croquet.

His dumb down punditry and salivation for money is an affront to polite circles. Simply put, the man is a threat to society

Great post BR
    I Always look forward to the World Cup but in recent years my enjoyment has been seriously diminished by the diving and shirt pulling.

For al those who may be interested.

We have Barcelona v Arsenal youth quarter finals at 4.45 this afternoon.

Rasp hit in corruption in his comment @10:58 am and I just read this..

Qatar World Cup 2022 investigation: former Fifa vice-president Jack Warner and family paid millions.

Documents appear to show a senior Fifa official and his family were paid millions by a company controlled by a former Qatari football official shortly after the country won its bid for the 2022 World Cup

Nice post, BR.

I’m pleased we don’t go in for that diving, cheating nonsense.
    Though if Eboue’s dive to win the freekick from which Sol scored in the CL Final had won us the trophy, I just would have had to grin and bear it. :)

27. Norfolk Gooner says:

That’s a fine post BR, tongue in cheek or not it’s a valid subject for discussion.

My personal view is that any player guilty of diving, and let’s cut out the mealy mouthed term “simulation”, should be red-carded and given a three match ban from the competition in which the cheating took place.

I don’t agree with the idea of video evidence being used for subjective decisions such as diving. One only has to watch the endless television replays of all sorts of incidents to realise that seldom do the pundits involved come to a unanimous decision, why then should we expect any different result from a panel of current or former referees and former players and managers.

We already have enough touchline shenanigans, can you imagine the reaction of people like Mourinho, Pardew et al when a fourth official has to deliver an unwelcome verdict?

The answer is to severely punish the miscreants so that they learn to respect the laws of the game, the officials, the paying public and hopefully themselves.

Oh! And we don’t need a diver at Arsenal, I for one would be embarrassed if one of our players resorted to such cheating.

The youth game at 5 is on British Eurosport and a variety of streams.

29. To back up LB………Arsenal`s UEFA youth game against Barca this afternoon is live on EUROSPORT !. SKY Ch`s 410 & 412 @ 16:45.
    It will be interesting to see how our U 19`s do against an experienced Barca U 10`s !. Fcuking little tippy tappy bastards !. hahaha

Without diving (and the acompanying scream) we’d miss out on superb action shots like these.

Norfolk,

To say that I disagree with your feelings on video technology would be a classic understatement.

I don’t advocate using it for subjective incidents but specifically for red cards and penalties – these are the decisions that can affect the outcome of the game including final standings and to deny its use encourages corruption.

The review should be undertaken by experts and after a while everybody will accept that its a decision based on visual evidence and not one that is base on a single subjective opinion.

The technology is used in many other sports and is successful – to not have it in place in soccer is the equivalent of turning a blind eye to the obvious.

32. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5, you say that you don’t advocate using it (technology) for subjective incidents and then go on to say it should be used specifically for red cards and penalties. Surely the decision on whether or not to award a penalty is in almost all cases subjective, that is “in the opinion of the referee” .

Take for example the second Robben “penalty incident”, in “the opinion of the referee” Koscielny made sufficient contact with Robben’s heels that the award of a penalty was justified. In “the opinion of various reporters, pundits and other assorted experts” the player “went down too easily” or “there was barely any contact at all”. Who’s to say which opinion is correct? All, with the exception of the referee had the benefit of slow motion replays yet still came up with differing opinions.

Technology can really only work, in football, for “line” decisions.

In Grid-iron, in Cricket, in Tennis, in Rugby the game has stopped at the point where an off-field official can scrutinise video evidence at the request of the on-field official. This is not the case in football.

I agree about using technology for red card and penalties. Can’t see it happening though as the FA and others seem determined to include all football matches in the refereeing process i.e. there is no possibility for vid replay a in League 1 etc.

I think this is wrong – the PL and CL should be subject to different rules e.g. 5 officials

34. Norfolk Gooner says:

BR, a simple scenario…a striker runs into the opposing teams penalty area with the ball, in close proximity to a defender, he falls to the ground and screams for a penalty. The referee “in his opinion” decides against awarding a penalty, the game goes on, the referee is apparently happy with his decision so won’t consult the off-field official and the game continues….what happens next?

35. Norfolk Gooner says:

I would love to continue the disscusion but my grandson’s birthday celebrations are about to begin, so I’m off.

NG. A manager can have one review like they do in cricket??

Thanks raddy. This is normally a subject that would make my blood boil and have me ranting like frank rottweiller but thankfully the norske mountains have becalmed me and turned me into a peace loving hippy. Btw is it a dansk school holiday as there are a lot of hamlets offspring up where i am.

I feel it is ok to draw the foul and go down to a degree. The ref only seems to award the pen if a player actually hits the deck. If the player is clipped and just manages to stay on their feet they will not get the pen but it doesnt mean the infringement or the denial of goalscoring opportunity was less. I am afraid the player has to go down. I do draw the line at a blatant cheat though where the contact was completely too little to have any impact on the player and feel this should be punished more.

We have the players who will get those fouls and pens in walcott, ox, and gnabry but we just need to play them more in the advanced positions and let them loose.

38. TwentyTwelve says:

Great article to start the discussion, BR.

I think Bayonne Jean idea @12:45 of a post-match review would help here. In NG scenario, the match would go on, but the player could be retroactively fined/banned for x games. The heavier the punishment, the better the deterrent. Decisions can be appealed, as usual.

Problem is, FA must be willing to review a referee decision even if he had “seen” the event.

Most people would agree slow motion replay can help with decision making. In cases where even this doesn’t help, then no action should be taken.

That people might have differing interpretations on certain replays doesn’t invalidate the fact that replays are useful, just like goal line technology and the like.

Enjoying the Youth team vs Barca. We have some real prospects

Cazorla, Ramsey, Zelalem sign contracts

Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Gedion Zelalem have all signed new contracts with the Club.

Cazorla has established himself as a key figure in the Arsenal midfield since his arrival from Malaga in August 2012. The 29-year-old Spain international was voted Arsenal Player of the Season last term, and with 49 appearances, featured more than any other Gunners player in 2012/13. He has continued his fine form this year.

Ramsey enjoyed an outstanding start to this season, contributing 13 goals from midfield in 27 appearances before sustaining a thigh injury in December. Four league goals, including two away to Sunderland, and a series of superb displays saw the Welshman named Barclays Player of the Month in September. Ramsey, 23, has featured a total of 177 times for Arsenal since joining the Club in 2008.

Arsène Wenger

Zelalem, 17, has shown great potential since joining the Club in January 2013. The Germany youth international impressed for the first team in pre-season, playing in all four games of the Asia Tour and against Galatasaray in the Emirates Cup. He made his competitive first-team debut on January 24, coming on as a substitute in Arsenal’s 4-0 victory over Coventry City in the FA Cup fourth round. This is his first professional contract.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are very pleased that Santi Cazorla, Aaron Ramsey and Gedion Zelalem have committed their futures to the Club. Cazorla and Ramsey are absolutely key players for us, and this news is a boost to the whole club. Gedion is very young of course, but he has shown already that he has fantastic promise, and we all look forward to his development with us.”

Ramsey said: “I’m delighted to have signed a new contract. I’ve been here for six years and I’m so happy. I think we’ve shown so far this season what we’re all about and the direction that this club wants to go in. I want to be a part of that, and to be a part of something special at Arsenal. We have a great team which we believe can achieve great things.”

Cazorla said: “I’m so happy to have signed a new contract with Arsenal. This club makes me very happy – the manager, my team-mates, the fantastic supporters, the stadium and the whole organisation here.

“I have had a great time with the Club since joining nearly two years ago, and I think that we can be a big player in competing for the top trophies in years to come and that’s important for me. I have already had lots of good moments here and hopefully there will be many more to come.”

Everyone at Arsenal is looking forward to the continued contributions of Santi, Aaron and Gedion for seasons to come.

Ramsey, Cazorla and Zelalem have signed new contracts today which is great, but where is the news of Sagna’s contract?

When there is a delay in signing at Arsenal it typically indicates a stale mate and a departure – unfortunately.

NG,

You can create whatever hypothetical scenarios you wish- but reviewing red cards and penalties can only be beneficial to the game.

Any other “what” “ifs” can be dealt with as the need arises. I maintain that staying pat will mean that the game can become wrought with disrepute.

However you are welcome to your own opinion.

And Mr Wenger’s contract runs out this summer …. sign da ting

BR – for me that is THE most important signing of all. I’m hoping that Arsenal are waiting for the occasion of his 1,000 game in charge to make a big splashy announcement.

Gn5. I agree, he is THE most important signing. Can’t be money or the length of contract,

I completely agree with NG about video replays.
    Other sports have natural breaks in play such as tennis, cricket and rugby too. The problem with football is that the game only stops when the ball goes out of play or the referee blows his whistle.
    In NG’s simple scenario above surely we’re not advocating stopping the play if a manager decides he wants a review?

To my mind, the idea it’s ok to draw the foul and go down is the root cause of diving. If a player is ‘looking for a penalty’, they have to have a conscious mindset that they are going to hit the deck. It’s when no contact comes in that the diver looks ridiculous. The ones who start going down before being touched are just as annoying as the ones who go down late.

Chas,

The game stops for every Penalty and Red Card?

Well I am in favour of video stuff for the reason that it gives the crowd the opportunity to go
    wooooooooooooooooahaaa when the decision goes the home crowds way

chas. Agree. The attacker runs into the box and the defender chases him. The attacker puts on the brakes and the defender who is tight to him clatters into his back – the ref gives a penalty.
    Is that skill from the attacker?

But don’t agree about the vid replays :-D As Gn5 says the game stops anyway.

Youth team: Midfield and attack strong. Defence being given a torrid time.

In NG’s scenario play didn’t stop. That was the whole point of the scenario.

One last sensible suggestion and a real plus in my book.

With vid replays, the afternoon will be longer, which means all those who leave early as it is (to get their trains. Yeah right) will presumably leave at the same time, which is fantastic news, as we never wanted them in the first place and they’ll miss even more goals.

Right. Off to try and watch that Barca game.

The one that’s just finished, you mean?

Oh, be like that, and blow the final whistle just when I get into my seat. Bastards.

Oh boy I just have to keep responding.

Your 6:48pm assumes that video replays will take longer than the mobbing of the referee by the players and managers?

We just have to move our game into the 21st century.

I am with micky on the video ref decision. I also enjoy rugby and feel those moments of waiting for the decision only add to the theatre and tension.

Gn5 i see your view on how having this for all key decisions could stop the flow of the game but i think it would only be temporary. Once a couple of the cheats have been called out by the video ref and red carded for bringing the game into disrepute you will soon find the likes of robben jumping up 6 times a game and wagging his finger at the ref telling him it was no foul and not to refer it to the video ref.

I may have got your take on it wrong gn5. Sorry if i have. Doing all this on a phone in a mountain shack.

OH – so you’re shacking up are you? Does the Mrs.know?

GB- we are in agreement on the video’s

Gn5 i thought it was just going to be me and terry’s thirty thirsty goats but she found out and turned up just as i was about to do the funky chicken in my lederhosen.

Can anyone more enlightened tell me what happened in the youth game?

Arsenal have been knocked out of the Uefa Youth League after a 4-2 defeat in their quarter-final showdown with Barcelona on Tuesday.
    In a thrilling game in Catalonia, the visitors missed an early penalty through Kris Olsson then fell behind when Munir El Haddadi scored.
    Serge Gnabry equalised just before half time with his fourth goal in the competition, but Barca re-established the lead five minutes after the interval when the dangerous Adama Traore slotted home.
    There was more drama soon afterwards when Deyan Iliev was sent off for taking down El-Haddadi in the area. But Godswill missed the resulting spot kick.
    Chuba Akpom then equalised with seven minutes remaining and it looked like the game would be heading to a penalty shoot-out, but two late goals from Kaptoum and Traore took the game away from the Gunners.
    It was a disappointing end to the game, but they still have much to be proud of from another highly-encouraging campaign in Europe.

64. JanMan says:

Interesting topic of conversation. I totally agree with GN5 that technology has to be introduced into the modern game. However, sadly, with that said, I believe it can only pertain to verification that the ball has crossed the line for a goal and that’s it. While I fully understand the argument from GN5 on red cards and penalties I just don’t think the game should be reviewed for that or anything else! and it has nothing to do with delaying the game because as GN5 pointed out, that happens anyway. At the end of the day the laws of the game are very clear and explicit on what determines a red card or a sending off but it is up to the ref to apply those laws based on what he saw at the time and/or the assistance of his lines people or whatever they are called today. A panel of so called experts would not make any difference in my opinion as once you reach that point then it becomes nothing more than the point of view of one or more of the so called experts to determine the outcome. Personally I do not believe they can do any better of a job than the ref as I guarantee you not all of the panel would agree as it still comes down to an opinionated decision of the panel based on review of the event. Look at the multi replays we already have on TV that show an incident and on any TV channel with different so called experts, none of them will agree 100% on a verdict. As I said, this is just my opinion and not an argument.

It must be lovely walking back to Seven Sisters.

Cheers chas. Signing off fot the evening. Hopefully back tomorrow

Pleased to see Chavs book their place in the next round of the CL. The more games they have the better

69. arnie says:

Precisely, Raddy. :D :D

Morning all. Well played Raddy.

I am with Chas on the looking for a foul leading to diving.

I am also with him and NG on video replays.

To expand on NGs scenario:

Attacker runs into box
    Goes down and screams for penalty
    Ref shakes his head
    Keeper picks up ball
    Throws to full back who breaks up the wing
    Crosses to Striker who scores.

Are we advocating that a manager can interrupt that break with a video review?

There are very few matters of fact in football, the laws are not as regimented as say NFL when there are clear rules in each level of the play. 90% of the fouls and discipline section start:

A free kick is awarded if in the referees opinion ……..

Now I do have a problem with what some referees opinions are but that is for them to be better trained. We have had far fewer penalties awarded this season for the penalty decisions where the attacker has instigated the contact, left his leg in an unnatural position to be contacted or the starfish type dive perfected by Ashley Young.

But it really is very easy to stop diving in the game, 5 match ban issued by the FA when the dive has been reviewed by 5 independent reviewers, they can be players and refs on that panel. Every incident not just ones leading to controversial penalties should be reviewed.

How many managers would continue to instruct their players to take a tumble or turn a blind eye to it?

5:08 Exile!

You’re way too young to have bladder issues.

Where’s Kelsey? :-)

I said I’d pen a post, and have no decent ideas whatsoever.

Anyone accidently dropped one into the post box?

Micky. There is nothing in the larder.

MU can get into the CL next season if they win it in 2014. Chelsea did it with a average team, great good fortune, refs with deep pockets and desperately dull tactics.

Anyone think MU can do the same?

Morning all

Actually I think United will get through tonight,but looking at the overall picture it just gives them two more games and a fight to get into Thursday night football.

No post today,then bring GN5’s forward re AW’s 1000 games and 100 red cards ;) as I will have a different slant on it,even though I haven’t read it yet.

I have noticed recently that two unnamed blogs are using a fair chunk of our posts to form the basis of their blog on the same ay,but published later. I would regard that as a compliment.

We could of course change the subject completely and have an indepth post from the hilarious Terry.

Pants post sent.

In a word, no, Raddy.

Away from their league performances, and in the European spotlight, I would imagine the likes of Brave would at least try, but I really can’t see them upping their game anything like enough to win it.

Of course MU won’t win it.

AFC have been hugely unlucky this (and past) season with the draw in Cups.

CL: The Group of Death followed by BM,

FAC: Spurs, Liverpool, Everton, MC (not the bent FA’s fault they lost to Wigan).

CC: Chelsea

Looking at the above list can anyone refute there is an anti-Arsenal bias?

But Raddy how often have we shot ourselves in the foot and lost the vital game to top the group. This year was an exception as at one stage many thought we wouldn’t get into the knockout stage.

I don’t think there’s an anti-Arsenal bias, Raddy, but then I didn’t think TA was that good at 20 :-)

So you and I best carry right on falling out :-)

True, the home loss proved costly, we should have got the draw and topped the group. Had we done so we would have drawn Zenit and would have beaten them

Micky you are still a C & UK :-D

And in reality I don’t believe it either. Some years you get lucky and then lose to poor teams, this year we got unlucky and beat good ones.

Thank you Micky for the post ….

Peaches

It might just be better than the other topic I was contemplating: “Do we have the worst fans in the League?”

Might you, that may have got more people ranting :-)

85. Complete and utter knob says:

Fair point Raddy :-)

Morning all ……

….. New post …….

87. RC78 says:

Although Suarez, Sturrige and especially Robben do dive or go down easily, they are all wonderful players with pace, trickery and a good eye for goals and they creat goal-scoring opportunities for themselves and others. We do not have one player of this caliber among our squad up front at the moment (we may be able to argue the case in favour of Walcott…)…

– Giroud will finish off moves and will provide some assists but he will not creat opportunities for himself and he not really pacey nor can he dribble past players…I will not comment on Bendtner…
    – Podolski is also a mysetry but in general, he is not that pacey nor a good dribbler but he has a ferocious shot and is quite lethal when playing as 9 but still, he s not in the same league as Suarez or even Sturridge…
    – Sanogo – good potential but not a dribbler nor a pacey player and definitely not a creator.

OK – we do not have players that are divers but we also do not have anyone that can create chances for themselves nor that can dribble past players easily (Cazorla and Ozil are not having the best seasons to be honest and Walcott is injured)…At the end of the day, I would rather have one Suarez or Robben in my team that may go down easily but that creates tons of chances than the other way around…Let us be honest here and not only focus on their acting antics…

If Suarez or Robben played for us, we would be sitting top of the table…

88. hjmhbo says:

I argee with you on this one. I think Arsenal have no fackers in there team