She wore, She wore, She wore a Yellow Ribbon

Wouldn’t it be great to get to Wembley? Just a couple of wins and we can walk up the Empire Way with a song on the lips and hope in the heart, but first we have another difficult task – beating a very good team who are in form.

Last week Everton were cheated out of a result at Chelsea (quelle surprise!). I watched the game and they deserved not just a draw but the three points – they were the better team. What this tells us is that Everton will take to the pitch full of confidence. Another reason for their positivity will be their last game at THOF, a game I was privileged to attend.

gun__1386578706_ozil_everton2

For want of something to write let me review that game in a couple of sentences …. We started well and then Everton took control. Our much lauded midfield was being bossed by the lanky teenager Barkley, who looks a wonderful prospect, and we were struggling to cope with Everton’s attacks. Fortunately, they were lacking a finish and Chesney was playing well. We improved during the second half and took the lead with 9 minutes remaining through an Ozil goal but Everton equalised almost immediately through the excellent Deulofeu.  With seconds remaining Giroud rattled the crossbar with his best shot of the season. Everton’s was the best performance by a PL side at THOF this season – they played with verve, fluency and control. Should they replicate this  form today we will struggle.

But …… neither team is in the form we were back in November.

Everton: Lukaku is back for Everton and apart from Jagielka they have a fully fit squad. With a midfield of Barry, Barkley, Mcarthy or Osman, plus Mirallas and Pienaar, Everton will  swamp the midfield and look to deny us space. An Everton player I like very much is Seamus Coleman whom, if Bacary doesn’t re-sign, I would love to see at Arsenal; he has pace, is a good crosser but above all can defend.

Arsenal: With JW knacked and Ramsey not back until Spurs we will line up with an ancient midfield – Cazorla, Rosicky, Arteta and Flamini  – Santi is the youngest at 29!! Of course, I missed out Mesut and Ox but for sake of argument they are attackers.

Fabianski will continue his FA Cup run and perhaps Jenks will feature after a fine game for England U-21’s. Koscielny is having an assessment pre-match but I wouldn’t risk him and hope to see our Club Captain. It may be wise to give Sanogo another game but I would love us to win the FAC so prefer OG.

My team:

fa cup arse v toffees

I doubt AW will agree with me – he rarely does, but given an important game midweek it may be wise to rest Rosicky. We will have a strong bench.

Looking at the remaining teams in the Cup there is little to be fearful of (apart from one obvious exception), win this and the Twin Towers (spiritually if not physically) await.

written by Big Raddy

p.s. If anyone ever sees Raddy in a bar and watches him move from drinking wine to cocktails and onto beer please take him by the arm and remind him that he is too old for such behaviour. Hopefully this will result in a more lucid and informed AA post :-D

235 Responses to She wore, She wore, She wore a Yellow Ribbon

1. belated happy Birthday raddy

You are nearly always right with your team selection yet even with our injuries there are still many options and I honestly think it is difficult to judge what AW will be thinking,regardless of what he says publically,with the Bayern game 3 days later.
    Hopefully the strongest team possible.

Oh Bum ….

I forgot that the semi’s are at Wembley (which to my mind is a complete and utter farce)

GM. When are you Vietnam bound – you lucky fella?

As I said we could win the Cup without leaving London,as in 1950.

First up, a hello to GM.

I thought if any comment would unearth you, it might be a Glitter one, and I see from earlier it worked.

May I wish you all the very best out East.

RA

Glad you suffered for the cause, although it doesn’t show :-)

I know you select the team you reckon AW will go with, but for me that’s horrible. Both Santi and Mesut out of their optimum position and no pace at all. Reckon it’s exactly what AW will do :-)

Kelsey
    Are we winning today, and who are we getting in the semis?

RA Mickty ?

2-1 anbd Charlton in the semis. Any other further details that you require.

I found a company to help by the way with a great name “If I were You”.Very helpful and very competive.

Kelsey

The great thing for you in knowing the result already, is that you don’t give a shit about minor details such as team selection :-)

If there’s any doubt at all about Kos, then Verm should start.

10. Thank you. I’m heading out on the 16th. Last match for a while today

11. Sav from Australia says:

Thanks for the pre-match write-up Raddy.

Been waiting the whole day for this and kick-off is luckily – for us in Australia – at 11.45pm. Trying to keep my mind on other things, but all I can think about is 2.5 hours to go!

12. Bacon sandwich then I’m off

13. Mickty says:

Sorry Kelsty, meant BR :-) .

14. Mickty says:

Spooky GM

I’m eating six rashers and three eggs on toast as we speak

Then beach

Bon voyage

Ok, enjoy the game all.

Fingers crossed Arsene doesn’t bottle it again, and I reckon we could dish out a lesson. Players will be desperate to make up for last weekend.

Come on you Gunnnnners

16. I think we should employ our best 11. As pl is almost slipped away from our hands, we shud concentrate on FA… Atleast we can go for a single title. Anything is better than nothing…

17. Danny says:

I reckon Kallstrom will start today and he’ll be in our midfield for the rest of the season.
    Let’s hope he can do the business for us.

Fancy a wager,Danny :)

Big ‘RA’ Raddy.

A lovely Post despite your travails. :-)

I am disappointed that you did not observe the basic rules of male alcohol survival.

— Beer then wine —— you’ll be fine.

— Wine then beer —— you’ll feel queer.

OK, you have to be careful with the last one. :-)

20. Danny says:

Well imagine being 31 again, your career is going nowhere even though you’ve had a good run and then suddenly out of the blue you’re given a 3-4 month opportunity to play for one of the greatest clubs in the world who are in contention to win some serious silverware – who wouldn’t make a go for this?
    Forget about 31 – any age and you’ve got to grab this chance.
    ….but I won’t throw my toys out of the pram if he’s useless……

Fine pre-match BR

I like the team, I could live with Rosicky starting ahead of the Ox but I think you have got it spot on today.

Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo

Subs: Viviano, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Gnabry, Podolski, Ryo, Giroud

Subs

Viviano, Jenkinson, Rosicky, Ryo, Podolski, Giroud, Gnabry
    Arsenal Team

Fabianski, Sagna, Vermaelen, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ozil, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Sanogo
    Team News

Yaya Sanogo starts up front for the Gunners, as one of SIX changes to the line up

However, they face an Everton side that proved one of the most impressive teams to have visited the Emirates this season when they drew 1-1 in December

Arsene Wenger’s side will not lack for motivation today. Not only are they one step away from Wembley, but they also want to get back to winning way following last weekend’s defeat to Stoke

It’s a unusually warm day for the start of March, and the conditions are perfect for football

The boss is showing a lot of faith in Sanogo lets hope it’s repaid in the shape of a winning goal (or two).

In a way it reminds me of the faith that he showed in Vermaelen – when everybody else was saying who??

Beautiful day here. Will be glorious at THOF

lovely report Raddy. Just settling down to watch the game. On your last point. If I saw you in a bar doing all of that I am afraid I would be joining you not reprimanding you so sorry but I am not the best one to ask. Be back to comment more later.

I like that. Lovely goal

Playing well but you feel we need another goal while we are dominating. If everton ride out our dominant periods you feel they hsve a goal in them.

Bum. Hit with a sucker punch after dominating the game

Good game, Good game.

We should be ahead but are making some sloppy mistakes. Flamini’s reckless tackling came back to bite us as he couldn’t commit to stopping Barkley when on a yellow.

Ox playing very well but again needs to cut out mistakes.

Sanogo? Why?

Seems like I amthe only person who isn’t at the Emirates who is watching this very good game.

I guess it is the spring weather.

COYRRG

32. evonne says:

i am here Raddy, just concentrating
    remind me quickly – draw = extra time or replay?

The boys are playing well but we are rubbish at taking corners. If only we had a player like Gerrard who can whip the ball in

I hope you are not having to listen to that twat townsend raddy.

Replay. & no Townshend thank goodness.

36. evonne says:

GB – are you referring to the ‘challenge’ on Arteta?

37. evonne says:

clap clap your hands :)

38. arnie says:

oh dear, my heart was in my mouth for a long few moments. well done Arteta. :D

Excellent penalties. Both unstoppable

40. arnie says:

losing my manners, apols Raddy, not yet read your post. will do so after the game. :razz:

41. evonne says:

Raddy – what replay? we are winning :wink:

My stream is a few minutes behind! You lot had finished celebrating whilst I was swearing at Clattenburg & Giroud

43. evonne says:

it’s not the stream, it’s the age thing Raddy

Sorry evonne, yes. Townsend saw no problem with that challenge and was appalled that we made so much of it. I have seen leg breaks with that type of stamp on the shin. He is one of the anti arsenal brigade and really struggles to hide it.

45. evonne says:

oooo la la!!! oooo la la!!!

46. arnie says:

Ollie ………………………….. :D :D :D

47. evonne says:

yes GB, I thought he was bang out of order. It was a nasty tackle and I have no doubt Arteta was in pain. Oh well, we can shove 3 goals down Towsend’s lose throat

Dont want to spoil it for you raddy but guess what

How often do we score when the player runs to the line and crosses on the floor for someone to slot it in. Forget about high balls.

Guess what again raddy

51. evonne says:

sorry GB – 4 goals :) :) :) :) :)

Harsh on Everton they do not deserve this scoreline :-D :-D

53. arnie says:

yo ho ho ho. can we talk about Wembley now? :razz: Personally, I like Wembley better than the prospect of travelling to the North West. :D

54. arnie says:

Raddy: “harsh on Everton”. It has always been harsh on us, so if there is some harshness on Everton, so be it!!! I am not complaining! :D :D :D

55. arnie says:

No, seriously, I think we played well. Hope Totnumbs bring some smiles later on. :razz:

56. arnie says:

yo ho ho, well doe to the good guys!!!!!!

In 21 starts this season Flamini has 8 yellow cards and a red.

Today it didn’t cost us but it will soon.

We played well today and Ox was my MotM.

Come on all be honest what were your thoughts when the penalty was awarded and then had to be retaken.

The Ox will become one of our greats.

arnie – it was sarcasm, hence the smileys

Draw would be good at the Bridge

60. Sav from Australia says:

For some odd and maybe perverse reason, I felt no tension whatsoever whilst watching this match.

Lets do Bayern next!

Evening all…..like Sav I felt little tension, mainly because I wasn’t really focussed on the game just chasing George round the living room saying “not that” “no” “not there” “careful” etc etc. spend money on toys and plug sockets are more fun as are glass doors and coasters. :D

Cracking result, impressed by Ox, Townsend is certainly anti Arsenal but so was the main commentator today as he was for the Spud game.

He highlights all Arsenal’s weak points whilst it’s tight, hoping for the opposition to score you hear it in the “Barkley” exclamation as he took a shot, more so than when Arsenal do, similarly when we got the penalty he was hoping it wasn’t going to be a clear trip so he had some contentious issue.

The worst bit was this after about 20minutes

“And Ozil who was jeered when playing for the national team”

And then after Townsend gave him MotM

“Ozil to the consternation of many was jeered off in Germany in midweek despite making the goal”.

The worse flip flop commentary I’ve heard.

62. arnie says:

Raddy: I acknowledged your sarcasm, hence the smileys. :razz: But I am barmy, as you know, hence pointless to try and find method in my actions. :razz:

Yes, Sav, let us do Bayern next. :D :D :D Better still, let Micky do Bayern for us!!!!! :D :D :D

Kelsey, you should bow your head in shame with your pre/post
    score forecast – 2-1 indeed!!

However all is forgiven.

Well who would have predicted that a forced change in system would have brought about such a superior performance ;)

Wish I could say I had no tension – There was much of it in BR’s living room.

But we appeared to be fitter than Everton which must be a major positive given the games this month

LB 😉 when AR returns Jack is going to struggle to get in the team

Sadly Jack (for his sake) was not missed.
    Flamini is a scary character, he can go from being our midfield stalwart to a huge liability in the same game.

Hats off to Arteta, he really held his cool at a vital moment.

68. Tension …… nah piece of cake :lol:

I love being Gooner

69. I hope no-one is going to come out with “the scoreline flattered Arsenal”

The scoreline flattered Everton.

72. Exactly GN5, I don’t what the corner count was at the end but it was 10 at half-time ………

It’s feasable that Oxlade-Chamberlain will go to the WC and Wilshere will miss out.

Kelsey, that will be good for both the teams and players.

13 to 2 peaches and 9 shots on target against 3.

I am abeginning to believe the snowball has turned to an avalanche and that Podolski is going to be sold in the Summer or be part of a part exchange deal.

77. Has anyone offered a post?

At the moment Oxlade-Chamberlain brings more to the effectiveness of the team.

78. Doh I forgot about Poldi ……. he got lots of cheers while he was warming up :)

Oh stop it, Kelsey!!

You, with your magic crystal ball, already know who is leaving and who is going to be arriving in the summer.

Come on, stop teasing us – is Poldi leaving or is he staying, or is he going to elope with Rosicky? We want to know! :-)

I get lots of cheers when I am warming up :)

He obviosly doesn’t fit into AW’s plans,has only started 3 league games or as he is always smiling is happy to be a bench warmer.

All in all it was great open cup game today and when Cazorla and Ozil are on song they are such a pleasure to watch.

82. Norfolk Gooner says:

Great Result!! We’re on our way to Wembley.

What’s the betting we draw The Oilers?

no chance NG :) Charlton it is.

Another Orc is red carded!!!!!!

Everton had their chances but then we had 4-5 more chances over and above our 4 goals so we were good value for the win and played well. We were a bit sloppy at times in giving away possession and that was when they had their main threats on the break.

Last season the Ox was struggling to affect a game but this season he is looking far more confident. I can remember many rumblings and grumblings about the Ox in that period. The same thing as we all remember happened with Ramsey as well. Thank Dennis they didn’t let the criticism from their own fans affect them, and now they they both seem to be considered the best thing since sliced bread. It is obviously the turn of Wilshere and there has been a lot of Jack bashing this season. Sometimes he has not played so well but sometimes I think the criticism has been harsh and he has been the player trying to make things happen, when the whole team has been playing poorly.

Often I also feel he is played out of his best position as well or the team is not set up to play to his best strengths. We currently have a number of players that are probably more suited to attacking central roles but they can’t all play there. I think when Jack is on his game he is one of the best players around and I still feel he brings us a skill set that other players, even our other top technical players, don’t have.

The media enjoy bashing our players enough so I find it a tad sad when his own fans do so as well. I hope that Jack doesn’t pick up on this negative feedback from his own fans and can complete his development as the Ox and Ramsey have done. Part of me currently feels he would be better off proving what a great player he is elsewhere, where he may be better appreciated, and that all the fans that felt he wasn’t good enough end up regretting their stance on him. Having said that there is a chance that he doesn’t reach his full potential and I will be the one with egg on my face. He has time on his side though so I don’t feel he should be written off yet.

86. Bayonne Jean says:

Looks very much like there will be no leisurely boat ride on the Thames to Craven Cottage next season. Bit of a shame, really.
    A draw and two three game red card suspensions per side is what we’re rooting for at Stamford Bridge.

Is it a bad thing that Pod is happy to be on the bench?

My theory is whatever he played through last season is being managed more carefully this season, and that could be both player and clubs wishes.

Player because he wants to be 100% during WC and clubs because it’s hard to sell a crock, could also be why TV5 is used sparingly.

But we spend all year saying our squad isn’t deep enough and then worry that our squad isn’t happy to sit on the bench as they’re too good for the bench. Insert Alanis Morisette lyric here.

Looks like Fulham are gone. Looks like Michael Jackson’s god father got out at the right time.

I think Poldi will go this summer. As much as I like him he really needed to step up in the main strikers role and prove that he could become the world class striker we need. AW obviously doesn’t see enough in him so it becomes a pointless exercise on both sides to stick with it. I would wish him the best wherever he goes. With players like Reus, Draxler, Morata e.t.c potentially available we would be better off refreshing our front line to one that Arsene likes, and Poldi would be better somewhere where he can get game time. Rumours are it could be Inter.

Jack has played more games three seasons ago than these past two seasons put together.
    I don’t think anyone on here is bashing him,he just goes from one ankle injury to another though this time it’s histoe/foot.
    I always think he is never fully fit or perhaps all those knocks and injuries are taking a toll,regardless of age.Therefore it shouldn’t be him to say he’s fit,when not.
    I agree he likes to play in a more attacking position,but that’s the whole philosophy under AW.

A possible another Arshavin, GoonerB

92. Vinay says:

Mesut Ozil was the MOTM, he was outstanding, score 1 set up 2 and simple was out of this world, the ones who questioned him i am sure are in the hiding suddenly as expected, expect them to rise their ugly heads waiting for a little dip from our magician.
    Ox simply brilliant, what a talent,the attitude matches as well, totally a package worth preserving because he c.ould just go on to achieve great things, touch wood.
    Well done to Mikel, takes nerves mate to do what u did, Wembley here we come, wrighty tomorrow u pick the draw, make sure its not city mate

Which one Kelsey Podolski or Jack?

I expect us to get Wigan in the semi’s

And agree with GB 4.53 about Jack

95. What is Barkley`s valuation ?. Is it less than the Bond villain ?. If so, would you rather him ?. He`s got what Jack lacks…..the physique !.

Re GB’s 4.54

We all want Jack to succeed there is no doubt about this what so ever.

It’s just that some of us want Arsenal to succeed more.

Cookie

Jack doesn’t lack physique; he has the same if not more than Barkley but what Barkley has that Jack doesn’t is the ability when moving forward to turn left or right.

Wilshere is so one footed he can only go one way. I haven’t seen enough of Barkley to say who offers more of a goal scoring threat, but I do not rate Wilshere very highly in this department.

98. LB
    Maybe I should have put it differently…..Jack does have physique, but compared to Barkley, he is Atom Ant to Superman !. Barclay doesn`t spend half the time on the ground looking up at the Reff !.
    It`s not too have a poke at Jack, I`m trying to look at him from a neutral position, he has great talent and apart from ” The physique ” angle and his questionable ankles, I also think he has a labouring running style….he looks knackered !. Still, plenty of time though to either realise his potential or not be as good as most think he is !.

According to Moaninho Chelsea players don’t dive. Tell that to Eto’o.

Oliver is a dreadful ref

100. evonne says:

that was never a penalty. I feel for poor scummers
    AND, Chavs are 7 points in front.

101. Being that in all honesty imo, we were never going to win the EPL, isn’t it better the Spuds lose to make a 4th place trophy more likely ?.

Fair enough Cookie.

Fantastic Day

Would have been even more upset to miss the win had the surfing not been outbloodystanding.

Found out the score straight afterwards, but only know about game from comments on here.

Couple of questions. Where did Ox play? And were Mesut and Oliie’s goals individual brilliance or team goals?

Oh, right, Chavs 2 up. Mmm.

Kinda agree with Cockie. At least that will have to be the party line now.
    Still, getting top 4 sorted asap, means rotating to keep players fit for the two knockout tournaments :-)

105. Lovely team goals Micky, Santi made the Ozil goal, Sagna made the 2nd Olly goal and I can’t remember who made the 1st Olly goal.

Ox was switching positions, sometimes in the middle and sometimes on the right ………. but he was bloody brilliant, clever and strong and won the penalty.

106. evonne says:

1st – Santi to Mesut thing of beauty. Arteta’s double pens superb and Ollie’s 2 very good team work plus great finishing touches from the Handsome one

Ox was all over the pitch, unplayable. Lost the ball a few times but chased it back with vengeance

107. He was just fabulous, made some great runs, he’s a great footballer :)

108. evonne says:

Herb – are you around? I was talking to a guy yesterday, who sounded just like you – in love with H Chapman and ‘the old’ Arsenal. I wish I could remember some of your stats so I could have a conversation with the guy. Instead it was his monologue :) I did mention you though :)

Ladies, Ladies, what an honour :-)

Nothing surprises me about the Ox. Most talented English footballer since Gazza, although far better. He’s only 20 :-)

Good for Ollie. Next question. Headers or on the ground? Promise, last question

110. And I concur with LB’s sentiments – I hope Jack is a great success for us but our success is more important to me.

Chavs four up – did I really think spuds could beat them ;) maybe Ade can get a red late on in the game too.

111. On the ground, shall I find them for you ……..

112. evonne says:

looks like we watched the same game Peaches :)

113. The main thing is to get at least 4th, although 4th and an FAC will be more than I expected !.
    Also the other main thing is to stop the Spuds getting 4th ! ( notice I say no higher than 4th for them as that would make me sound sillier than I look ! ) they are only fighting for 4th because of the money they got for Bale and the (some) good players they brought in, but how long can these bastards keep fighting for a 4th place when they are trying to build the Sainsbury Stadium and every year they fail makes it harder for them to attract quality players and they haven`t another Bale to sell, so surely it wont be long before they are back to being a mid-table club !.
    I cant help but hate them, some people have Arsenal blood flowing through their veins, I have Totscum hate in mine !. I will never understand an Arsenal supporter hating the likes of Manshafter more than the Spuds !.
    Shit !….just shows how the sub-conscious takes over…..whilst typing with my right finger, the left hand was carving out ” Die Gilzean ! ” into the wall with my left hand !. That bastard broke Bob Wilsons leg !.

Peaches

By all means agree with LB, just never in print. He’ll be unbearable.

If Spuds are to lose to Chavs, then heavier the better. Some ROLF value at least.

I think there will a widely diverse opinion as to who was man of the match.

I have already seen four different nominations and it depends how you define man of the match. Is it overall performance or a certain moment in a match.
    Could even make a post about it and most won’t agree with each other :)

Wenger never ceases to surprise me like starting with Sanogo.

Give the Spuds one job to do and they f*** it up!

First goal was lovely because it was a quick counter with Santi leading the charge and both Ozil and Sanogo making good runs to drag the centre halves apart (Sanogo having that bit of extra pace gives us something in those positions Oli can’t)

Not enough has been made about how Ox managed to win that penalty, I’m not sure anyone else would’ve. Because he didn’t give up on a ball all afternoon, Barry made a decent block tackle at first but Ox was alive to the ball and with very quick feet drew the trip.

I thought both Oli’s goals were assists from Ozil? The second one definitely was.
    Time to go gif hunting

117. First was definitely Sagna and the second was a proper Muskateers goal :D

First of ollie’s goals was an assist by Sagna,cutting back from the bye line

Spurs are fift with goal difference=zilch

120. Who do you think was MOTM Kelsey?

Tim Sherwood slagging off his team big time …… job centre Monday? Mind you we need him to still be the manager next Sunday.

121. Still he is a Gooner

Sanogo also plays better with his back to the goal.Disributed very well,holds play up well, but at the moment is full of air shots.A junior Giroud but with promise.

Wow, thank you Peaches.

Crowd sounded very happy on a sunny day. Fantastic.

Was ball to feet typical of forward play once Ollie came on, if so, may be a slight change since last weekend. Bravo Arsene, I say.

Credit where its due.

124. Might have to listen to Stan Collymore on Talksport now and hear all the scummers bleating. Perfect day :lol:

peaches

honestly I think three players stand out for me.
    Ozil for the vital first goal and the way he reads the game and put more effort in than lately,especially as he has been under the microscope.
    The Ox as he caused problems allover the pitch,his enthusism and general play improves all the time.

Arteta under immense presure having to take the penalty twice and restoring the lead gave us that extra impudence.
    ———————————————————————————

Then Santi who with Ozil ran a good part of the game and was much better than recently and though he didn’t score he is always looking to.
    Vermaelen,hardly played all season,made one slip but generally had a very good game against stiff opposition.

Ollie a rest a couple of affairs and looked sharp.

Flamini,though prone to get carded always urges the players on.When Ozil scored and a few congratulated him he urged others to join in, as seen on your video clip.

Sagna one assist and one assist to an assist,we would miss him

Mertesacker playing with an new partner,had a very solid game.

Not a day to lay into anyone (pardon the pun)

126. I hope we don’t conspire to cheer those slimy scummers up next week, I’ll be very cross :)

127. And Fabianski made a brilliant save …….

That’s everyone then? Gibbs – dependable as always :)

128. evonne says:

…even Koscielny sitting on the bench in his business suit was brill :)

129. evonne says:

Peaches!!! talk to me!!! they all know I am the older one :)

130. Hello evonne, I’m talking to you ……. who knows you’re the older one?

131. evonne says:

Kelsey and Raddy know :) I told them

Phew, I can go to bed knowing that when I get up in the morning it is safe to watch MotD, bliss

Going to bed before MOTD Evonne? That is the behaviour I would expect of the older one. I suggest you get out your Sex Pistols and Nirvana albums and hit the jaeger-bombs while listening at full volume.

I sleep better after a victory

Sweet dreams Raddy. I bet you didn’t sleep too badly last night either??? Maybe a comatosed Big Raddy??

135. thanks for the Pm Big Dandy although I think you are in the land of nod now.

Great to see Peachy today at the game and GM before he departs for his new life.

At least he got a satisfying win on a nice sunny day to send him off with.

If anyone’s interested here’s my match report over on Tim’s site, who was also over for the game today:

Now, please can we have Charlton in the semi final ?

136. Fine post Big Raddy;
    Set me up for the morning and the team did Arsenal proud. There was no nervousness from me watching except for when Arteta was required to take the penalty again. He is my Man of the Match (sorry AO-C). Crucial Penalty- Score! The other goals were our dues. I’ve celebrated till the suspect West London dollies were gifted 3 more points.

Not sure if there is enough meat in this idea for a post….so I’ll ask a question.

We lost Flamini too young, and he has come back too late…..Song was young when we lost him too, and one thing we have missed since his departure is his physical presence in midfield, he wasn’t in Barca’s squad today in fact he has started just 41 games (Barca have played 100 games)

Should we get him back now?

We got a reminder today of just how much Song added to Arteta’s game; the Spaniard shone in the more advanced role with Flamini covering him in the same way that Song did week in and week out when he was one of ours.

Some may say that Arteta and Flamini have played many times together this season and they are right but Wilshere has been playing just ahead slowing things down.

Today, Arteta was able to take command of that part of the field again and he was magnificent.

As for Song returning? I reckon I am the biggest Alex Song fan on this site and my view is that we can now do better.

Preview in drafts if you want it, and if so add a picture or two,and good morning.

I mean review :)

Morning Kelsey

Great news we get to read one of your reviews.

LB makes some interesting points about Song. I reckon he could do a similar job to what Gerrard now does so effectively at Pool, but as he says, we could do better, but then again, will we?

Mein Got, our kitchen stinks of drying out wetsuits, boots, hoods and gloves. Very unappetizing smell first thing in the morning. Yuk.

And I ache all over. Feel like I’ve been inside a washing machine on fast spin cycle.

This is where we were yesterday. You can see the effects of the storms. It has peeled back large areas of what was 3ft of sand, leaving nasty rocky seabed to bounce off. By the time we get there, the tide will have come up over that and be on its way back out from 11am, so you have no idea where the rocky patches are. Ouch :-(

Kelsey

Does your review say there was a noticeable tactical shift between yesterday’s game and Stoke?

Sounds to me like there was. I will watch MOTD, although I doubt that will tell me much.

145. evonne says:

GB – Sex Pistols? Nay, give me Eminem or Arctic Monkeys anyday. I am a very modern grandma :)

Ready for MotD.

Micky you’ll find bugger all out from MotD and ITV don’t re run the highlight package.

But you will have a bloody good laugh at Sherwood trying to play mind games on his team, saying they’re not good enough for CL places in a way that other managers do to spark a reaction, but he hasn’t quite mastered that yet.

Can’t believe how bad the goals were that Spuds gave away, two were from ransom back passes giving the ball to Eto for the first and Ba for the last.

147. evonne says:

Micky – I imagined your house is detached sitting on a large plot, right?

Morning Evonne
    What time MOTD. Got no telly guide.

Evonne. Yes. Very detached :-)

Exile. It must be years since I watched MOTD. Do they have FAC highlights?

My thoughts on Song are the manager knows him he knows how we try and play. He also now knows he is not a good enough ball player to be an attacking midfielder, so can come back and do a job in the deeper midfield position.

No Micky ITV have FA Cup.

152. evonne says:

GiE – don’t be too harsh on Tim Sherwood, he is our secret agent, true Gunner :) I remember crying with Eto’o when he was thrown racist abuse at in Spain. I still despise racist abuse, but would punch the cheating front bottom myself just to see him cry again. despicable character, just right for Chelsea.

Tactical shift Micky. Don’t be silly I don’t go into details like that :)

154. evonne says:

BBC1 in a few mins.

Do why don’t you build a heated shed for your hobby? It is not very hygienic or pleasant drying sports gear in the kitchen. Poor Mrs DidIt

Thanks for the pre-match, BR.
    I liked the league match review as it provided perspective for tough opposition.
    Beating 3 of the current top 7 means we deserve a semi place even if we have been drawn at home each round.
    Does it really matter if we play Citeh in the semis or the final as we’ll probably have to beat them to win the competition anyway?

Arteta has balls of steel as well as hair of lego.

It’s on ITV player Micky, can’t post link but it’s there.

Ha, just found this….been looking for it for ages.

I use an app called FilmOn Live which shows TV from around the world for BBC & ITV. It’s free if you can put up with some silly ads every now and again.

Here’s some Ox, Micky.

chas 7.45. Just 5 years ago (less) and yet the team has changed almost entirely. Cesc looks like a baby – shame his career has faltered.

And Ramsey is playing (must have been a sub). NB showing again that his head has ruined a fine future, and Denilson …. we need a Brazilian.

GoonerB
    Suggesting to Evonne that ” you get out your sex pistols” must be improper behaviour toward a grandma, don’t you think?

Yes, BR.
    Opening game of the season. I’d almost expunged from my memory the fact that William Gallas ever played for us.

166. evonne says:

not this grandma Chas :)

Beautiful photo of Liz Taylor

Poor, poor Fulham. They must be the only team with a rich sugar daddy and truly poor results. Wasn’t the pathetic Al Fayed the first millionaire to buy a football club in UK?

167. evonne says:

ooooooh, very poetic from our Mezut, nice one

Rosicky looking excited.

Olivier Giroud, Tomas Rosicky and Mesut Ozil of Arsenal

Mmmmm chas, that pic of Liz Taylor is very unfair at this time of the morning …..

Can’t be arsed to look it up but Kaboul must be banned for our game at the Shitehole and Dawson looked to have pulled a spigot – what a shame

170. evonne says:

Danny Murphy and Robbie Fowler to comment on our game, could be interesting.

The Gif of Ozil telling OG where to run was excellent. This is what the people who judge him from highlight programmes do not see.

pulled a spigot :lol:

No evonne. It certainly was not :-(

175. evonne says:

we’ve already played 28 games this season??!!! No, never,, When?

Watched Chavs. Holy Crap Spuds defending is crap. Shame really :-)

Chas,
    Thanks for Ox clip.

Damn he’s got it. What I really like is, unlike the poofy Ollie and Jack, he doesn’t do the fake injury thing every time he’s fucked up, just gets right up and sprints to make amends.

177. evonne says:

I sat here like a plum watching all the teams that I hate and waiting for our game to be shown on Match Day, doh :(

arteta has scored 8 consecutive penalties.

Oi Baldrick stop peeping into my posts

Anyone got any pictures of the young Brigette Bardot. The first woman I fell in love with :)

In the build up to Oli’s first watch Ozil loitering on the edge of the box and how he just sees a space and moves into it, forcing defenders to shift position.

Movement and positioning for me is the thing that tells me whether a player is intelligent enough to play in Arsene’s system.

GIE
    Did you see my Swansea offer?

Kelsey
    The best Bardot pic is the Terry O’Neil one of her fag in mouth.
    Can’t do the Chas thing and post it to help ease you into your day :-)

Would love to see it, is it in black and white.?

Oh yes I can
    Here we go Kelsey
    My sister has the fag one signed to her in her house

Bloody hell. It’s £15k. Best nick it next time I’m there :-)

Mind you, it’s a mate of mine who prints all his b&w pics. Bugger is, he’s an honest man. Damn those morals.

Such a horny woman with the most beautiful breasts if I maybe so bold to say so.

I am using psychology trying to distreact everyone from the game until the New Post goes up. I suppose the boss is still dog walking.

peaches of course not Brigette :)

Oh stop sucking up to the boss, Kelsey. It’s frankly pathetic

Why is peaches called peaches?

I do not remember peaches looking like THAT in her youth ….. if she did, I missed an opportunity ;-)

Are you ignoring me, GIE?

I wanna see this match post preview where we won 2-1.

BR
    Didn’t all of your record shop staff dress like that?

He is most probably changing nappies,chas.

I like Bardot with her hair down.

……the ladies anyway.

I think you’re right, kelsey.
    It was just that I made the offer yesterday morning.

It was 2-1 at one time

and by the way to be politically correct we play Charlton or Sheffield United.

I suppose I could put it on the exchange.

Did you like the photos, kelsey?

Is that what it said on your balls when you did the dummy draw?

Kelsey
    Did you see the fag one?

Who was the fag?

Is that what it said on your balls

he he ROLF

Works for me every time Chas.

A good un is a good un :-)

Much too nice to be stuck indoors waiting for Christmas.

if RA was here he would give you a short 10000 word meaning of the word “fag”

Yes the fag one with her hair down, perfect.

I think we ought to sack the management as the New Post might arrive just before kick offin Munchen.

Yeah
    I’ve kind of got to go. Give it 5.

kelsey
    Rasp is putting the finishing touches to your new banner.

9.39 had me laughing …..

Peaches didn’t work for me – but if she had I would have insisted she wore said uniform …..

I thought she worked in your record shop?

210. chas thats very good :)

211. Sorry those that prefer blondes but I was definitely more Elizabeth Taylor than Brigitte Bardot.

Afternoon ;)

Will be lucky to get ten comments today. Everyone will be sun bathing

Me too Peaches (wink wink)

chas. We worked in the same record shop – it was a couple of years before I opened my first shop

215. We have a New Post ………

……off to sunbathe ;) ……………….

Any photos of you two back then?