The Last Good Friday ….. Good Luck to Norfolk Gooner

Last Friday:

Gradually the furore over Olligate is dying down, only for criticism of Ozil over the penalty miss to be given more impetus. Surprisingly, at least to me, Wenger admitted that Ozil was not “over” the penalty miss, which seemed an odd way to restore the players confidence. The consensus among the pundits is that Le Boss will drop our record signing for the Sunderland game.

Saturday:

So for once the pundits were right, Mesut Ozil was left out of the squad with a thigh injury. Yes, Arsene, of course we all accept your explanation for his absence.

The chosen line-up showed a number of changes with Szczesny coming in for Fabianski, Monreal for the injured Gibbs, Arteta for Flamini, Podolski for Ozil, Giroud for Sanogo and, surprisingly, Rosicky for Oxlade-Chamberlain.

giroud scores againnst sunderland

Olly didn’t quite get the hat-trick that I had asked for but to score on two occasions was certainly acceptable, redemption? I think so! What a master stroke by Le Boss, Rosicky’s goal must be the best of the season so far, even outstripping Jack’s early season wonder strike. Koscielny wrapped up the scoring with a free header from a corner, before joining Monreal in the treatment room.

The missus wants him to stay

The missus wants him to stay

Sagna was my Man of the Match for the outstanding effort he put in, playing right-back, before swapping to left, when Monreal failed to come out for the second half, and then centre-back when Koscielny went off.

All this after running himself into the ground in the Bayern game.

Please Monsieur Wenger give him a new contract, give him three years and a pay rise if that’s what it takes to keep him at Arsenal.

We can’t afford to lose players of Bacary’s calibre.

Sunday:

The press just can’t let go can they? The Telegraph’s headline…. Giroud puts poor visitors to bed! Ho! Ho! Ho! It’s surely time to put that one to bed.

Monreal and Koscielny are expected to be fit for Stoke next Saturday, Wilshere may have a hamstring problem and Ozil should be back…shouldn’t he?

Monday:

No change at the top of the table, all four of the top four won at the weekend, The Chavs managed a home win over Everton with the only goal coming in injury time, City scraped a one nil home win against Stoke, Liverpool scrambled to a four three home win over struggling Swansea, while Arsenal took all three points with a handsome four one win over Sunderland.

The race for Europa League qualification hotted up as Manure won and the Spuds lost to brave little Norwich City.

Rosicky to stay for another year!

Le Boss confirmed that Tomas is ready to sign a one year extension to his current contract; “Tomas Rosicky will stay” said Wenger. “We have an agreement with him and it will come out soon. I am absolutely adamant that he has to stay at the club.” Well done Arsene, now get to work on Sagna and Vermaelen.

Tuesday:

Mesut Ozil was given special permission to return to Germany for an extended break after the Bayern game. He is due to return to training today and expects to be fit to face Stoke on Saturday.

Aaron Ramsey is hoping to be fit in time for the game against Spurs on 16th March.

Apparently, and this is tabloid news, 31 year old Bacary Sagna wants a three year contract and £100,000 per week. Go on Arsene, split the difference, £100k and two years. You know it makes sense!

Wednesday:

Johan Djourou, has hinted that he does not wish to return to Arsenal but would like to make his loan at Hamburg permanent in the summer.

Arsenal target Julian Draxler has refused to rule out a summer move to Bayern Munich.

‘I am ready to play for Arsenal’ – Olympiakos hero Joel Campbell desperate for chance at Gunners.

Fresh from scoring a brilliant goal for Olympiakos against Man U on Tuesday, our young Costa Rican striker said “I believe I am ready to play for Arsenal next season,” “I have the capacity to play there and I am only waiting for the opportunity. With hard work I can get there.” Only a couple of weeks ago his agent said…‘Going back to Arsenal? He would not be happy sitting on the bench – even in a top league.’

As a transfer fee of around £7 million had been mooted, the agent would be in danger of missing out on a sizeable chunk of that if Campbell returned to The Gunners. So some mixed messages there. The decision will be made in the summer, and it will be Wenger’s to make.

Thursday:

In spite of a trawl through all my usual sources I’ve been unable to come up with much that could be called news. One headline caught my eye, but the actual article was ambiguous to say the least.

Arsenal get transfer boost as Julian Draxler admits he’s ready to quit Schalke “Julian Draxler has cleared the way for a move to Arsenal at the end of the season after telling Schalke he is ready for a new challenge.

Draxler, who was subject of a failed bid from the Gunners in January, remains a top target for Arsene Wenger ahead of the summer transfer window.

And amid speculation that Arsenal are working on a new bid for the midfielder, Draxler has left the door open to a switch to the Emirates by revealing that he wants a new challenge.

‘I can make my own decision about my future and I want a new challenge,’ he told the German press.

‘It’s no secret that I have a buyout clause in my contract and so from year-to-year I think about what is best for my development.

‘It leaves room for a lot of speculation, but I am calm and it’s also good for all sides.’

The 20-year-old’s release clause is set at £37.5million but it’s thought that Schalke would consider doing business for less at the end of the season.

Arsenal’s offer in the January window was about £20million, but that is expected to be increased when the club make a new push for the player.

Now I may be a bit of a cynic, but where does it say that Draxler is interested in a move to Arsenal?

Ahead of Saturday’s clash Stoke-on-Trent newspaper The Sentinel carried an interview with City’s chairman headlined…

Ryan Shawcross treatment after Aaron Ramsey incident still rankles Potters, admits Peter Coates

The chairman admitted: “Yes, we have got this thing with Arsenal.

We were very disappointed with how the Shawcross incident was treated because we thought there was never any intent whatsoever on Ryan’s part.

angle devil

We thought he was very badly treated over that incident in various quarters and it was wholly unfair on him. “Players get bad injuries all the time in professional football and in the vast majority of cases there is no blame to be attached, but Ryan seemed to be unfairly singled out over this one, in my opinion.” Watch out Arsenal, The Orcs are stirring, and so is Mr. Coates.

Much of the “news” that I have summarised over recent months has inevitably been speculative in nature, written by journalists striving to keep their jobs in a very competitive market place. They come in for an awful lot of criticism and abuse, some of it deserved, some not so. Occasionally they do get something right as this headline about Olympiakos vs. Man U demonstrates.

Clueless, Aimless and Hopeless

I regret to say that this is my final round-up, at least for a while. I have cataracts developing in both eyes and as a consequence I must cut down on the time spent peering at a computer screen. I’ve both enjoyed writing the posts and reading your comments, which have been almost entirely complimentary. I’m sure I shall look in on Arsenal Arsenal from time to time.

Keep the Faith

Norfolk Gooner

A note from ed:

Many thanks to Norfolk Gooner for his wonderful Friday Newsrounds. They have transformed a traditionally dull day in football terms into a joy that we all looked forward to. We hope his problems improve and that we can enjoy his company in the comments section whenever he is able.

85 Responses to The Last Good Friday ….. Good Luck to Norfolk Gooner

I echo the editor’s (whoever that is :) )comments and thank you NG for your weekly round up.Hopefully we will see you back on here again in the not too distant future.It’s no fun getting old, is it.

Thanks for another fine round-up, NG.

It appeared the whole squad were given a few days off this week. Podolski went to Cologne and looked like he was enjoying himself.

Interesting about the Draxler bid in Jan being £20m; I hadn’t seen that. I watched a bit of the Schalke v Madrid game and he was almost completely anonymous, but I suppose that’s inevitable if you get beat 6-1.

NG
    I really hope your eyes improve with less time in front of a computer screen. Just thinking about it, makes me want to turn the bloody thing off.

NG. Thank you so much for your sterling work – your round up will be much missed.

I echo the others in wishing you a speedy recovery (if such a thing is possible).

Please continue to blog with us when your eyes allow. It feels as though we are losing a friend :-(

That’s a great report to sign off with NG. You always find plenty of news that has been off my radar. We may try to keep up the Friday Newsround feature with other guest writers … but you’ve set the bar very high :P

We all wish you the best of health for the future … don’t be a stranger!

5. dandan says:

NG Thanks for that, your weekly write up is a treat. …As for your cataracts I have had both mine done, it is a quick simple and painless experience with a local anaesthetic, you are fully conscious and able to communicate at all times, at the end a cup of tea and off home, with the thrill of an end to blurred vision and hallowed lights. Really nothing to worry about and well worth a little discomfort to get it sorted. Go for it my friend

Thanks Norfolk, sorry to hear about the cataracts. There treatment these days is very good and ime sure that you will make a full recovery.

Its always alarming when something goes wrong with the eyes my dear fellow. I myself have a retinal disease (CSR in both eyes) and have lost 30% vision in one eye and so far 10% in the other through retinal scarring. The Doctors have told me that there is a good chance that in the future my vision will deteriorate to the point that I will be officially blind.

So for both our sakes, I hope these Ghosts bloody hurry up and we win the league sharpish. Listening to the Radio gets on my nerves.

7. dandan says:

Is it my silly sense of humour that amused me to see Jonathan Edwards doing all his winter Olympics reports wearing glasses, whilst knowing he was paid oodles of dosh to advertise lazer eye surgery across all the different media outlets a couple of years ago, along with a certain match of the day superstar. :-) :-)

Thank-you NG. I was reading along quite happily until your last paragraph took the wind out of my sails and now I feel a little gloomy. I am sure it is not for too long and wish you a speedy resolution to your problem. I think dandan’s suggestion seems an excellent idea.

Rumour has it that Peaches is so concerned about the loss of her Friday stalwart that she has booked you in to an opthamologist this afternoon and is going to march you down there personally. Latest reports are that, as we speak, she is doing 120mph up the M11 in her 3 wheel gardening van with a determined look on her face. If I were you NG I would make a run for your bolt hole on the broads now.

If you believe in every cloud having a silver lining your temporary absence with us may be offset by the joy that every morning you look at yourself in the mirror you will see George Clooney staring back at you. Once your cataracts are all sorted there may be a harsh reality to face with the mirror thingy but at least you can get back on here more with us.

Bloody hell Terry. You are normally the pick me up tonic but you have just depressed me even more. Sorry to hear about that mate.

10. Vinay says:

Hey Coates get a life man, its not us who are clinging on to that incident its you and your deplorable team and fans who are.
    When did you hear anyone from The Arsenal speak about the incident? When was Shawcross mentioned by Aaron? Get a life and play football, i know its tough because you guys dont have a clue about what football is.
    Arsenal need to win this for more reasons than one, one main reason is we need the 3 points and all the veiled chants that the potters and their crap fans can come up with is of no substance as long as we win tomorrow, 67th minute though a one Aaron Ramsey chant please by the away fans.

11. arnie says:

Loverly stuff Norfolk, lovely day Norfolk day!!! You are saying, Norfolk days to return to Fridays till Good Friday, and then we are back!!!! :D Sad, but a short break we can survive. So, buck up Norfolk, we want a quick recovery, so that we cane get back to Norfolk days. :D :D :D

Dear Norfolk

I don’t normally comment until later on a Friday, as they’re always busy, but I read your news and had to catch you.
    My very best wishes, and hope it’s sorted out quickly. Thank you also for your superb Friday Roundups. Also, I shall miss your personal touch of where you head out to for lunch, so keep enjoying those.
    Best wishes, and get back soon. Micky.

I agree Vinay. This mock outrage on their part is rather nauseating when the bottom line is that a talented footballers career was almost ended. I do hate some of the cliched statements that exist in football, and 2 of the ones I hate most are “there was no intent from player x to hurt player y” and “player x is not that kind of player”.

I agree with Coates that injuries occur all the time and I would say that in the vast majority of cases there wasn’t a deliberate attempt to intentionally hurt the player. I would go as far as to say that this was the case with Shawcross and he did genuinely look mortified about what happened, so in part what Coates says is true.

That doesn’t however absolve the player of blame just because they didn’t intentionally set out to maim the other player. A player can still be out of control and make a dangerous tackle even if there is no intent to injure the other player. I would say that Shawcross was out of control, so it still constituted a dangerous tackle that should be treated with dismay and not just dismissed.

Here’s the rub though. I actually have a greater feeling of blame towards the football authorities, the premier league, Stoke (the club) and Pullis than I do for Shawcross.

The premier league is set-up to such high financial gains that many clubs adopt an attitude of we need to stay in the premier league at all costs. This often results in a team adopting a results over style approach which is exactly what Pullis and Stoke were all about then. In many ways you can’t blame them on this short-term approach from the financial aspect. The problem with this is it keeps that club in a small bubble of not dropping too far down but never progressing beyond a certain ceiling either. The flip side is that you can also see some clubs that have taken a longer term approach in the development of their club as a better footballing institution, such as Southampton and Swansea, and they are reaping the longer term benefits.

These 2 mentioned above are turning out technically able players that are meeting high international standards. I can’t think of any player that developed under Pullis’ Stoke that met those requirements, so in essence we are reducing the pool of talented players coming through by accepting and applauding this approach. You often heard pundits applauding Stoke for a great defensive display or saying what a marvelous job Pullis was doing there. Ironically these are often the same pundits that hold their head in their hands when England have just been technically outplayed and exited a major tournament.

Shawcross was once touted as a future England international and I for one felt he had the right ingredients. What he needed was that extra tuition to add to his physical presence. That focus on playing the ball out better, how to read the game better and how to tackle in an attempt to win back possession, and not just take man and ball with a great out of control scything tackle, where the consideration of where the ball ended up after that is irrelevant regardless of who gains possession immediately after.

I feel Shawcross is more like a youngster that has been failed by the institutions around him to provide the right boundaries and education. They failed to give him the platform to reach his optimal potential and that is why he went in like that, so as far as I am concerned the EPL,general pundits, Stoke and Coates themselves and Mr Pullis are equally if not more complicit in that unfortunate event.

Hi Norfolk, :-)

Smashing weekly review, tempered by a dash of cold North Sea salt water reality in learning that your eyes need to be rested.

Take solace from DanDan that these things are sent to try us and are obviously worrying, but treatable.

I will let you into a secret. When I first arrived in the UK, I overheard an adult conversation that puzzled me greatly.

I was well aware of a certain rude 4 letter word beginning with ‘F’, and was amazed to hear that British friends of my parents were going to Nor’fcuk for most of the summer. (I have run the two words together to hopefully escape the Peaches’s Mum’s filter – or you will never read this.) :-)

Being a clever clogs (not) I worked out that ‘nor’ was a derivation of ‘north’ and assumed it was some esoteric English regional method of performing the deed.

That did not for one moment make me forgive my parent’s friends for using such a word, (I was a rather puritanical adolescent at the time and thought the whole thing was pretty yeuk!) and the idea they would so publicly and joyously proclaim what they intended to get up to – and for all the summer to boot – was incomprehensible!!

Those were such innocent days! :-) Well – if people are going to pronounce Norfolk as ‘nor’fuk’ what can you expect? :-)

Anyway, I will miss you, and particularly learning what fascinating walk and/or what pub you will be visiting for your lunchtime repast!

Perhaps it will only be for a short time. :-)

15. jane johnson says:

I saw the Schalke game on Thursday and Draxler did virtually nothing. He missed a great chance, and one of his passes back led to a goal for Real Madrid. If he had played like that for Arsenal, he would have been crucified by the press and the supporters! Just look what happened to Ozil at Anfield.

I personally can’t see why we want to buy Draxler, apart from his Bond villain name. Please can someone enlighten me.

Hi Jane,

I saw Draxler play in the Bundesligue on TV earlier in the season, and he looked very promising.

He and the whole Schalke team were very poor and none of them would put that game on their CVs.

I cannot enlighten you other than to say, in my opinion, we will not buy him in the summer as other rich clubs are nosing around, and regardless of his abilities or lack of them what we need is a proficient CF.

Jane,

Sorry, that should be — “would put that (Madrid) game on their CVs.”

18. evonne says:

Oh come on Norfolk, could you really not do your job till at least end of season?! That’s a terrible disappointment, but never mind, removing cataracts is a simple procedure so I expect you to be back for the start of the new season. In the meantime – take care and a big thank you!!!

19. evonne says:

GB – don’t read this! Terry – I am going blind too, some shit is growing at the back of my eyes, limiting the central vision. I can see well around me, but not what’s in front of my nose. Sooner or later I will be getting a white stick and a Labrador. I fecking hope they are going to give me a black dog, cannot stand white fluffy things

20. dandan says:

Hmm Evonne, Black Dog wasn’t he from Norfolk? could imagine NG singing Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum along with GIE. :-) Load of pirates down that way.

21. dandan says:

On second thoughts having met Did it, he might well have been Devonian :-)

22. Sav from Australia says:

Brilliant weekly round up as always.

Good luck with the cataracts, mate.

23. TERRY TRANSPLANT says:

Thanks GB

Sorry about that evonne. Yes, its my central vision thats been affected to, and ime only 47 for f*cks sake. The periphery is ok.

I have tried to focus on the periphery but can not do it consciously. Though I have noticed that when a beautiful women walks by my eye darts to an angle so quickly that for a brief second I get a superb view. hahaha

24. Vinay says:

I agree GoonerB, i think the way the FA and the shit club called Stoke handled it was appalling. FA dint care and neither will because end of the day it was an Arsenal player, imagine if it was a united player say shrek( i dont wish anyone bad like that, maybe only for rvc, hmmmmmmmm naaaa), i am sure FA may have banned shawcross for life or something like that, add to the fact if it were to have been shrek, the shinning star and hope of an entire nation.
    Shawcross for me atleast acknowledged his mistake, remember alex mcleish and martin taylor after the Eduardo incident, they said these things happen in football and its no big deal or on the lines of it, they must have been hanged in public for that.
    We win tomorrow and then go acknowledge the away fans and then how about a cheeky acknowledgement to the stoke fans and blow a kiss, will feel like a death knell for that rugby team.

25. Vinay says:

In terms of Draxler i was among the minority who dint want him to come here, he is a very good player but i dont see the desperate need of him, i rather have Reus for that money or even Griezmann.
    BTW anyone heard Rosicky speak in the presser today- awesome, he simply said anything for the team, if only he werent to get injured so often, we would have had a gem amongst us. Stay fit Rozza for the next 11 games and we just maybe singing your name for the rest of our lives.

Good God, Transplant and Evonne. This is a bad news day indeed.
    My best to you both. Crikey, I’ll never moan about smashed bones again.

Jane and Vinay,

Must admit I was excited by the Draxler stories, but then I’m a sucker for a transfer story when it’s someone disgustingly expensive. Having said that, I know virtually nothing about him other than the price tag, and that makes you think “Ooo, hellooo”.

Agree it is a striker we need, but then again a left winger would be good news too.

Love the inclusion in Norfolk’s post of something genuinely negative about Stoke. Kinda gets me in the right mood. Damn it’ll be good to watch the gang again tomorrow.

Norfolk/Evonne,

How unfortunate for you both – sight in my opinion is the most precious of our five senses. The advances in ophthalmology are incredible and I sincerely hope that you both retain viable eyesight for many more years.

Norfolk, Your Friday wind ups (oops) will be missed, the spot will seem empty without your contributions. I hope at least that you can give us a weekly review on the various pubs that you have visited.

29. evonne says:

Terry – thank Dennis that both you and I have sense of humour :)
    Dandan – it doesn’t really matter where is the dog from or if it is white – I won’t see it anyway!!

GN5 – yep, I rely on my eyes in all my hobbies – reading, footy, beekeeping, gardening. Stem cells work ok’ish in rats, but not in pigs – so Terry will be ok, me not

I would really REALLY love to see us playing and winning the CL, other than that, pssshh- someone will have to tell me.

30. Norfolks, E va va vones and TMHT`s conditions do no surprise me, we were all warned from an early age that too much internet mass debating can make you go blind !.

31. evonne says:

no cockie, it is genetic, which would imply that I, Norfolk and Terry are related :) the big Arsenal family

Oh dear I missed the fact that Terry also has an issue with his eyesight, my feelings go out to all of you.

33. E va va vonne, it would make interesting viewing through my night vision goggles with you and Transplant fiddling about in the dark in his Pigeon Loft Extension !. Who`s doing the cooing and who`s doing the pecking ?. hahaha

34. evonne says:

blind leading the blind :) No.

It reminds me of a story from a few years ago, when 2 deaf lesbian had a deaf baby be choice. My tenant was shocked, he said ‘You’d think they would want someone to answer the door’ :)

35. evonne says:

we are having a Raddy PM tomorrow! Isn’t it great? Everything back to normal

Norfolk – even if Aaron is fit to play Spuds I don’t think we will see much of him. It usually takes weeks for players to be any good after a long injury. I am afraid that for the rest of the season the Welsh Messi will play 10-20mins a game

36. dhakka09 says:

Awwww, Norfolk. Too bad about your eyes. I hope it gets better. You make Fridays interesting Arsenally. Today was a good read again; Thank You.

Any news on recovery of our fallen heroes? Arsene didn’t talk about Koscielny in his presser, just said Verm is back. Now that could be for full-back or Center-back either :s

Hi Cockie Cockie Doodle, :-)

It’s great that Terry managed to escape from your love shack in darkest Cornwall. Have you still got TA in there with VCC?

I saw your anagram the other day, and altho I cannot remember it now, I was mighty impressed. with it. But you have always been good at them – especially the rude ones! :-)

38. evonne says:

UEFA pledges to start FFP investigations and sanctions this summer. I found this point interesting:

“Are owners allowed to inject money into their club as they like or through sponsorship?

If a club’s owner injects money into the club through a sponsorship deal with a company to which he is related, then UEFA’s competent bodies will investigate and, if necessary, adapt the calculations of the break-even result for the sponsorship revenues to the level which is appropriate (‘fair value’) according to market prices.”

Shitty won’t be able to give themselves huge sponsorships

They are all rude :)

Evonne that sounds a bit more positive and definitive from UEFA. Lets hope they have the cojones to follow it through properly and apply meaningful sanctions where necessary and not back down the minute the billionaire sugar daddy’s start getting their lawyers involved.

Cockie, have you got an anagram for yourself?

42. Literally 1000`s Go Boner ( GoonerB ) :D

One will suffice though…….Meet Horniest Cock !. :D

PS…..he did ask !.

43. dandan says:

English batsman just got hit in his wedding tackle he collapsed and lay groaning on the floor. Bumble the commentator said “i am pleased to tell you there is one ball left” :-)

44. JanMan says:

Norfolk. All the best to you and hopefully a speedy and healthy recovery. Take care.

Evening all, lovely round up from our one and only news hound Norfolk Gooner. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I hear not only has Coates been raising the issue but also the Stoke fans are planning a hostile atmosphere because Aaron had the temerity to celebrate his goal at the Emirates by politely requesting Stoke fans to shhhhh. They booed him for years because he wouldn’t accept Shawcross’s apology. Don’t blame him, why should he make him feel better?

The tackle by Shawcross was made by a player to fired up as a result of their ridiculous manager. There was absolutely no need to tackle like he did with the force he did. It wasn’t bad luck he is that kind of player, if he wasn’t he wouldn’t have done it.

Evonne they already have…..but that doesn’t mean it’ll be valued as fair. The problem for UEFA (or more specifically Platini) is that there are now a couple of French clubs in a similar boat, they won’t be able to make an example of City and not do the same for PSG so likelihood of bans is going to be limited.

Also it’s where the FFP gets confused.

1) we don’t want clubs to have possibility of insolvency if directors leave

2) we don’t want them artificially inflating the clubs income to get round legislation

But point 2) kind of deals with point 1) as the football club is protected if the money is put in via income and not by a directors loan.

Crazier still is the fact that ManUre will be seen to meet FFP requirements despite the Galziers interest requirements (because of the way they bought the club) being in the region if £300k per week, Shitty owners have only put in from day one.

47. jnyc says:

Norfolk, im sure all will improve, just take docs advice. I’ll look forward to reading your posts when you get back to full strength, but occasional comments will still be nice whenever you can.

48. jnyc says:

Evonne, great to hear that statement about bogus sponsorships. Very promising, I hope they don’t let us down. Does anyone know whatever happened to the talk of the domestic leagues own version of ffp??. I think Arsenal and Liverpool were pushing for it, even man u might have been interested.

49. I think FFP will probably become known as UEFA`s…….Fcuking False Promises !, as GIE seems to be implying something I have been thinking all along…..will Pratini have the bottle to ban the likes of PSG and Monaco ?.

It’s not a question of Platini’s bottle but of FIFA and UEFA. Platini will be gone in a few years and by then the Oil Clubs will already have established themselves.

Money talks

Horrible to read of AA’ers eye problems. Wish you all well

Jnyc even Chavs signed up to it, Stoke and Shitty voted against from memory.

52. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good evening everybody, Thank you all for the kind comments and good wishes.

In the words of General Douglas MacArthur, I shall return! :D

I’m ready.

We are not really expecting a thriller of a match are we?

Some fixtures you look at and think “job to do” and this has to be one of those. Pretty uninspiring prospect. Time to prove me wrong then, and turn on the style. Who are likely to be our entertainers, Ox, Mesut, Santi?

I think there’s something here for everyone.

Acoustic music, great b&w photos, a black dog, cool cars, shellfish and err… :-)

56. evonne says:

Stoke. Sparky. Must win. No thriller? Are you serious?? I didn’t even bother to do my nails, I expect them to be chewed off later on today

Morning

I suppose if Arteta plays he will take the penalty.

Wow, there are some nice clams in that 7.11. :)

You haven’t done your nails!!

Something for everybody, Chas :-)

Pool put 5 past them at their place, so maybe they don’t like speed.

…….Sanogo
    Ox Mesut Gnabry
    ….Flam Arteta

Love your vids this morning Micky.f or different reasons :-)

Something for everybody, Raddy :-)

What do we think of Evonne’s Elton John vid?

66. evonne says:

it was for you Micky – you said you were ready

67. evonne says:

I was thinking (hell knows why) about Arry Redknapp and his dog. A couple of years ago he was on top of the world – his dog was the wealthiest mutt in the world, he was managing a well performing for a while team, he was a favourite to become the next manager of England, gosh he was smiling away. And look at him now – struggling with QPR in the lower league. Life is a funny old game

Cheers Micky. I find shellfish fascinating, indeed, all form of crustacion intrigue me

If only those guys in that delevirence film had offered those Hill Billys a crab. There would have been no need for archery or removing ones pants and squealing like a pig.

Crustacions create tranquillity

TMHT I would be interested to know how many people get that reference. Seems like a good time for this though…..especially with today’s visit to Orcland….maybe the team should take clams with them.

Should leave for the prematch but wow:

Mesut Ozil has created more chances for team-mates (73) than any other player in the top five European leagues this season.

GIE. I guess most people who have seen the very memorable movie.

72. arnie says:

motning all. matchday today, is it? :D :D I think this is a tough game, if we get through this with 3 points, it will be a relief! :D

Interesting Exile.

Do we think Ozil is more effective in the middle (I do) and therefore is it a case of Santi or Mesut. Hence my selection of Gnabry and Ox in the wide berths.

Haven’t had a moment to blog the last few days :( just sorting the post ………… be back in a bit.

Norfolk – you have us so much pleasure in the your Friday round ups, I wish you a speedy recovery and look forward to your return. My mum has had the cataracts op in both eyes and is really thrilled with the results. Don’t be scared, best wishes xx

I can’t do the match report because I’ve fallen over this afternoon and hurt my finger.

Talk of the Devil :-)

Morning Dear

77. How did we get onto crustaceans? That’s normally a cue for a Derek and Clive video ………… ;)

Lobsterissimus bumikissimus

79. He’s back ……. Raddy’s back ………

We have a New Post ……………..

“hurt my finger” :)

Do you want me to write a few words, if so what about a few photos as I never get any with my review, and a banner .

By the way AW always says “i didn’t see that” :)