RIGHT BACK to the issue

As most of us are aware our long serving right back is out of contract this summer. Many rumours are circulating about how the situation currently stands between Sagna and the club and as with most football situations played out in the media some reports will be close to the mark and some will be pure fiction.

Sagna has been an excellent servant at this club and has been considered, during certain periods of his time with us, as the best right back in the premier league. His recent performance against Sunderland was amongst one of his best and as a result I noticed that there was a strong feeling of “get him signed up again” as a result of this performance. Memories in football can short though both on the good points and the not so good, and it was not so long ago that he was having a poor spell leading many to comment (hands up, myself included) that his legs had gone, that he had sustained one injury too many.

bs 1

Behind Sagna we have the rawer less experienced corporal Jenks and the even rawer and less experienced Hector Bellerin. Jenkinson we have all seen more of and have a better idea with. My view is that when he plays his inexperience shows through at times and mistakes can be made. Conversely I have seen some fine performances from him, not least in the away leg against Bayern last year where he managed to shackle Bayern’s dangerous wide players, which few are able to do. Does he just need to play more regularly? Bellerin I must confess to not having seen. I actually don’t believe I have seen any action or footage on him so the feed-back of any of you who have would be much appreciated.

Back to Sagna and one report that I believe to be true is that Arsene wants him to stay and that the club are trying to get him to re-sign. Reading between the lines I feel Arsene may perceive the two younger back up players as not being quite ready to assume that role permanently and wants Sagna for a bit longer while they mature more. Assuming the likelihood that the club have already made him an offer I would conclude that it does not meet his expectations at this stage, or else we would be hearing about how he has signed on with us again or is about to imminently. There have been a couple of media headlines insisting that Sagna’s camp would like Arsenal to “start getting real” with the type of contract they are offering. Can it be confirmed that anything like that has actually been said? I don’t know.

When an important player is in this situation the game is very often played out in a smoke and mirrors type way. You rarely hear the player say anything in a direct interview that is there for all to see. What tends to happen is that the agent drops little double edged remarks out into the public domain or we get this often reported but vague reference to “someone close to the player”. Everything is obviously designed to gain the player the upper hand and as a result the best deal they can get, and to alert other suitors who can then come in with their offers which often put the current club over a barrel. It is a game of poker and I believe we are currently in the middle of a high stake hand with our long serving right back’s representative’s.

There have been further reports in the last 48 hours where they state the mythical “someone close to the player” has revealed his new contract demands”. It is very difficult to know whether these reports are close to the mark but they seemed to range from him expecting a signing on fee in the region of £6m and a 3-4 year contract of between £100-£115kpw. If he is looking at anything close to this I would personally feel those demands are somewhat excessive for a player of his age. Do we really know if the Sunderland performance is something that will be repeated on a regular basis in the next 3 years, or will time take its toll and there are more lengthy lay-offs around the corner and more periods of poorer form?

There is a very real prospect that we may part ways with our erstwhile right back at the end of the season, whether we want it or not, so I would like to throw the subject out there for debate to get your feelings on it. As a pointer you could maybe base your views around some key questions :

1 Do you ideally want Sagna to stay?

2 Should we re-sign him at all costs or is there a line we should not cross?

3 If he does leave do we have the required replacement in either Jenkinson or Bellerin or do we need to bring someone in?

4 If we are bringing someone who is your preferred choice and why?

Written by GoonerB

105 Responses to RIGHT BACK to the issue

1. Rebo Ehwan says:

Sagna must stay, whatever the PRICE.

Sorry chaps it was written slightly in haste I think the reports were for demands of £100-115kpw and not £100-150kpw.

Thanks GB – I’ve amended it to 115

4. James Boxall says:

1. Would like him to stay.
    2. We should not pay over the odds and not offer more than 2 years.
    3. Jenkinson is excellent and should be given more opportunities this season anyway.
    4. Only spend time and money on a right back replacement if Jenkinson fails to measure up or gets a long term injury. Concentrate this summer on getting another Marquee signing up front.

Well done GoonerB and I make no excuse that I have always been a huge fan of Sagna.

He has just turned 31and apparently the club are offering him a two year deal at around 100K.I doubt the club would go against their over 30 rule,but with Bedtner,Fabianski and possibly Vermaelen all leaving we should make an exception and still have change from wages saved.

Will he be looking for one last big pay deal.Most probably,yes.

Is Jenkinson good enough to replace him. IMO not yet.

As we saw on Saturday he is a versatile player and with doubts about Gibb’s fitness as well we need to keep our much improved defence as stable as possible. Arteta is also not getting younger.

If Sagna leaves AW will just promote Jenkinson as other areas on the field need addressing which maybe a priority.

Very good, GoonerB.

Ideally I’d like him to stay.

It always surprises me that the length of the contract always becomes a sticking point with the players over 30. It’s as if they want insurance against being injured and not being able to cut it any more.
    It can’t be because they need the money, can it?

Sagna must be set up financially for life, surely? He must have enough money for his kids as well.
    Even after 2 years with us he could still get other contracts with teams like Galatasary (like Dogbra) or in the U.S.

It seems simple to me, offer him an amount we think he’s worth for a contract length we want to sign him up for and if he doesn’t want to stay at The Arsenal then so be it.

After all, Dennis signed up for 1 year rolling contracts. :)

7. Danny says:

I have no problem with him leaving, he’s broken his leg twice, his crossing is awful, he’s over 30 and he has an awful habit of making stupid passes e.g. to RVP last season.
    He’s no Pat Rice, Lee Dixon or Lauren etc

8. dandan says:

Nice post B well done. Obviously most Gooners would like him to stay and the fact that BSR is suffering regrets at leaving at the moment could well weigh things in our favour, but only if we can get somewhere near his demands. No doubt he has been touched up by one of our erstwhile dirty money challengers and Utd of course would give their right arm to have him given the desperate state they are in. Does he crave CL or is regular employment and money more important to him now. Only an insider would know. Hopefully AW can reach a compromise from which all can benefit as he will not be an easy player to replace

9. John Batty says:

It isn’t just about what he may be demanding to stay, in terms of remuneration and term, but also where he might go instead. We can’t afford to gift e.g. ManC another top player.

10. dandan says:

Has anyone else noticed how similar Campbell’s effort last night was to the goal jack scored against West Ham for the reserves, that first brought him to the attention of non reserve team watchers through the rave reports it engendered on the blogs. Lets hope he follows in JW’s footsteps and marches successfully into the first team it would save us a fortune.

1. I want Sagna to stay

2. A 2 year extension of his contract at his current wages or at most a 10% increase.

3. We need better than Jenks has shown this season though he is a fine no.2 RB.

4. I would take Seamus Coleman. At 25 y.o. he has PL experience , crosses well and would be sure to want to play for us.

I saw Bellerin’s debut in the C1Cup at the Hawthorns.
    He didn’t look out of place but, then again, he was asked to play out of position and replace Arteta. :)

John Batty,
    We can’t offer players whatever they want just to stop them going somewhere else.

Thanks for the early comments. I will be a bit on and off the site today.

Raddy, do we know what his current wages are?

GB. Fine discussion starter in which you covered all the relevant points.

As you say, who knows what is happening? One cannot blame Sagna or his management team for trying to get the best from AFC but the club cannot be held to ransom.

Where would it end?

If Sagna is worth 115k at his age then how much can Wilshire or Ramsey extort out of the club when their next contracts are due?

While on the subject …….. Rooney. £300k a week for a player who is nowhere near world-class? Complete madness and desperation from MU.

Rooney has never IMO shown himself to be anything more than a very good PL player. Who would you rather see on the team sheet -, Rooney or Ramsey? And AR is still a boy.

Jack’s goal at 1.10

GB. No we don’t! Wiki says 65k a week

100% agree, BR.

Five and a half years at 300k. Just ridiculous.
    Maybe they just did it so the chavs couldn’t have him. :)

Thanks Raddy. I see no problem with getting towards £100kpw, (no signing on fee though), but for 2 years with an option to extend on a rolling 1 year contract if both parties agree to it. It represents a wage that positively reflects his experience and time with us but also recognises that we can’t tie ourselves in too long at too high a level in case we catch a cold. If he picks up more injuries or loses form then we will not have overly committed in our financing which would leave something in the pot if we did need to get a new more expensive acquisition. Sagna on the other hand can turn his attention to the MLS or somewhere like that if things don’t go as planned.

Nice clip Chas. When I wrote if anyone has any feedback it would be much appreciated I was really saying “Chas can you put up some footage?”. He looks pretty tidy with a lot of good technical and physically pluses in his locker. Here is a question. Was he actually being played out of position there or is he currently being deliberately played out of position at RFB by Arsene for development purposes?

Great topic Gooner B.

My thoughts are the same as many:

Offer a 2 year contract for around the £100k a week mark – the idea of a big signing on fee is ridiculous – if he’s not happy with that we have to consider what kind of player we could sign for £100k a week? The answer is younger, probably quicker and maybe with a trick or two and a couple of goals when in attacking mode.

This sounds like I’m not a fan, but actually I am. My preferred choice is for him to stay but I’m afraid he’s not worth more than £100k and 2 years. I don’t believe either of the understudies are up to assuming the first choice role so if we do lose Bacs, we need to bring in a prem-ready replacement.

GB,

Once again all we get are the mutterings of the Red Tops telling us this, that and the other about the Sagna negotiations.

Like Kelsey has said on a few occasions, Sagna is an important player to keep on the team as his versatility is a great asset, especially when the team is confronted with injuries and tight scheduling. I agree that I would like to see him remain at Arsenal but only his agent and AW really know the details and if he either stays or goes I believe that AW will done the right thing for the club – why?

1. If he stays it will be at the right price and contract length that suits Arsenal.

2. If he goes then Arsenals needs could not be met – so we move on.

As I get older I reminisce about some of the songs of the 60’s –

I’ve renamed to bring them up to date – but do you remember.

Bobby Darin singing —

Splish, Splash, I Was Havin’ A Flash

Or…

Herman’s Hermits —

Mrs. Brown, You’ve Got a Lovely Walker

23. Mark N says:

GoonerB i think you read the article in haste not the other way round lol.

Maybe you remember this one ..

Ringo Starr —

I Get By With A Little Help From Depends

Cheers GB, great post.

In many ways the Sagna situation is a perfect illustration of what Arsenal and Arsene have had to cope with these last several years.

The reality is that Arsenal operate in an environment were sugar daddy money has essentially doubled the amount of Clubs that are willing to pay higher wages than us.

If rumours are to be believed, then its the financially doped French clubs that have turned Sagnas head and made his agent go into rapture.

Arsenal simply can not compete with that, so if the guy vaules more money over what we have to offer, then so be it.

That Coleman at Everton looks a really good player. Quick, skillful and tenacious. Would not be surprised if others are after him, but he would be a great buy for us.

Jenks needs more time, and with experience could prove to be a great player.

What ive seen of Bellerin, he to looks a good prospect, but hes just an embryo. Let him and Jenks fight it out for the back up spot

I have to leave for a while, I’m reading a fantastic book all about the effects of anti- gravity and I can’t put it down……………….

Well done, GoonerB :-)

I am always tickled and perhaps a little puzzled as to why any of us should appraise a player’s worth, and then then decide to dole out sums of money that very few will ever see in their lifetimes.

£100,000 per week, or £5,200,00 per annum — what not enough? OK, how about £120,000 per week, or £6,240,000 per annum?

It’s just like Monopoly money, and if you need more I will just print another batch off.

It’s wonderful to play with someone else’s money — and then complain that the ticket prices are too high, isn’t it? :-)

Raddy has it right – it is up to the club to decide what a player is worth, make an offer, haggle a bit to show flexibility, and then leave it to him to decide. No like? Goodbye!

There are too many greedy people in football (yes, Mr Agent, you parasite) and footballers are no better – which inevitably comes out of the pockets of the fans, one way or another.

Sagna, Arsenal have offered you a very good deal, and more money than you could spend in 10 lifetimes – don’t be greedy and stay, or otherwise eff off.

Can’t remember if mentioned before:

So not really focussing on footy :)

More home refurbishment to figure out how we all fit

A lot of fans say that Jenks is a good player but lacks experience.

Umm, I have a great idea. Let him play, and he will soon have all the experience he needs.

As Micky would say — it’s pimples! (I know – I think he is crackers too) :-)

Cheers Terry and GN5. Coleman does look good. I also like the look of Newcastles French RFB. I believe a few top teams may be looking at him but you know Arsene, he must surely have a jump on rivals when it comes to French players.

GN5, is it a book that explains how to stop MOOBS in their tracks and how to prevent the gluteal muscles from sinking quicker than the titanic?

Congratulations Exile, to you and the Mrs Exile!!! :-)

Sagna unfortunately we should have probably got him to sign a new improved deal a couple of years back to take him another year from now and this would probably be a non issue.

Is Coleman getting £100k a week at Everton? Probably not…would Coleman provide a good stop gap between Sagna and Jenks, possibly even an improvement on what we have now? I’d say yes.

I have no ill feeling towards Bacary and do think he was one of the better right backs in the PL over the last few seasons. But his ability to do lung busting overlaps and then recover is waning, that coupled with being on BFGs side can leave us exposed to fast counter attacks. Something that Jenks pace and stamina can negate, but he is not quite there on end product and consistency. But then that’ll come from experience and game time.

In short I wouldn’t like to be a PL manager :)

Congrats, GIE.
    I was wondering when you were going to get back on the bike. :)
    (No offence to the gorgeous Mrs GIE intended, of course)

Any idea what Mark N was lolling about at 12.53?
    Nope, me neither.

35. David Stewart says:

There have been slight dips in form along the way, together with periods of absence through injury but overall Sagna has been a very dependable solid player for us over many seasons now. Accordingly we should want him to stay.

However, this is certainly not at all costs. If Sagna, or his agent, places financial gain above all other considerations, the Club must not be ‘held to ransom’. Sagna must decide whether he’s prepared to accept what the Club is offering (which I’m sure is very generous) or whether he can do better elsewhere. If he opts for the latter, it’s probably best for all that he leaves.

In terms of the back up, Bellerin is very young and surely not yet ready to be first choice right back with all the demands that entails. I’m a big fan of Jenkinson. Suggestions he has let us down on occasion are somewhat exaggerated. Lets not forget that Carl is a massive Arsenal fan. His loyalty to this Club runs deep – he is a rare breed – and that for me counts for a lot in the current game where personal greed very much prevails. I hope Carl remains at Arsenal and at some point gets a genuine opportunity to become first choice.

Having said all that, Seamus Coleman at Everton does look damn good!

Great news GiE, I’ve allocated a slot in the side bar for ‘new baby GiE’. I think we should run a competition to see who can get the youngest baby in an Arsenal strip on the blog – perhaps you could smuggle something into the delivery room and just pop it on while the missus isn’t looking :)

Top comment David S.

I guess a manager must consider the short term and the long term. If Bacs goes, in the short term we will not have back up and must rely on Jenks to bring consistency to his game – that’s a gamble. Alternatively we invest in a player like Coleman and hope that one day we will have a depth of squad and acceptance of rotation (Podoski doesn’t seem to mind) that means a player like Jenks will get plenty of opportunities and want to fight for his place.

38. Edgar Amutamwa says:

Indeed,I would be happy to learn he has signed with us again.
    But Wenger shuld offer her 90 k on a 3 year deal. Then Bellerin can learn something from Him in his last years at the club. Because I see more talent in Hector than the shacky Jenks. He is more stable,focused,great positionin,powerful en a great vision. Compared to the athlete Jenks who lacks good positioning at times and he is not good when it comes to pacy wingers on one on on situations.
    But if Sagna do leaves,I wuould like to see Abate or Seamus Coleman join us immediately.

Cheers lads.

Rasp, that’s a great plan, think I’ll smuggle my own hat in this time, the local WI seemed intent on all the baby beanies being Norwich coloured.

Some interesting points. RA you are quite right about our appraisal of a players worth. There was me suggesting £100kpw for 2 years, but then I do like Monopoly and I do own Park Lane and Mayfair with hotels on them so you may have to be nice to me in case you land there.

Congratulations GIE and I am not surprised you have little time for getting on line with us lot at the rate you are knocking them out!

Chas I think Mark N was referring to my first comment but didn’t see Rasps follow up which explains that the original text was changed.

I almost entirely agree with you Dave S about Jenks.I think he needs more playing time and I like his Arsenalness as well.

Great idea Rasp. i wonder if it is possible to actually get an Arsenal kit on them before they pop out and when they do emerge in the full kit you could have a chorus of we hate you Tottenham we do in a Joe Pasquale voice-over.

42. Ahh GIE and chas, you are the AA twits and I think I`m right in saying you don’t rate Piers Morgan that much…..If not, ignore this comment !.
    Piers Morgan`s full name is Piers Stefan Pughe Morgan and I have gone to great lengths to uncover an anagram for his full name, which I`m wondering whether you can twatter it somehow into the twatter world, as I do not twit !. I would be curious to see what reaction you got as I think I`m possibly the first person to have uncovered the fitting name !. It`s entirely up to you good chaps, but I think you will like it !.

Piers Stefan Pughe Morgan = Huge Fat Penis Sperm Organ !.

Hope it`s too your liking !. :D

PS….Congrats GIE !.

:lol: GoonerB, I’ll let you pass that suggestion on to Mrs GiE :?

44. Vinay says:

I think we should offer him not more than an year contract but with whatever money they want, if it is 100-120k i am ok with it. He is not getting any younger and i think his pace is slowing down naturally and i see him more a centre back than a full back if we give him a contract of more than an year.
    jenkinson/bellerin is not the answer, jenko is pretty average, all heart is fine but you need consistent performances and i sincerely feel he is not cut for it, a loan spell would help him but he is not the ready replacement for bacs. Bellerin is raw, he is all energy going forward but positionally caught out defensively.
    Replacement- Coleman, Montoya, Pizscek,
    I really think we should be looking at real good RB irrespective of Sagna signing or not because we dont have a backup for him and 2, bacs is not the full back for the next 2 years, he will be more a center back.

First up, great news Exiles.

As to ” figure out how we all fit”

Start stacking :-)

Cockie …… Chapeau :)

GonnerB

Really well written and interesting topical post. Thank you.

Discussions like this remind me of how lucky we are to have Arsene, as he will do the right thing.

Bac is a fabulous player, appears a nice man, great team player, experienced and professional. At 31, he’s certainly got at least two years good service in him. He’s versatile, and Jenks is not ready.

Of course if a PSG come in, then money is irrelevant, so maybe Arsene should start to chat up Mrs Bac. Who knows, she may be happy in London and I’ll bet LB’s sofa she can be mighty persuasive.

I’ll leave that one to GIE, Cockie!

Personally I don’t think it’s possible to beat Piers Morgan – that’s capital ‘M’, small organ.

I would be easily persuaded by Mrs Sagna’s charms.

chas. I spent a few nano-seconds wondering about Mark N.

GIE. Many congratulations.

Just got back, I got carried away reading my book.

Congratulations Mr & Mrs GIE, keep those supporters coming. How many fans will be able to claim they were given their own slot on an ARSENAL site while still a 13 week old fetus?

GB, who told you about my moobs, do you have a spy cam?

It’s great when the worm turns and makes clubs supporters squirm – case in point Man Who?

54. evonne says:

another baby :) Well done GiE, I am delighted for you!!! Well done son

Yes well done GiE on unselfishly navigating the arduous task of getting your missus in the family way again :lol:

We have discussed whether or not we should pay Sagna Gazillions of pounds sterling to stay with us – but have you noticed all the unsourced rumours linking us to Alvaro Morata the young Real Madrid hotshot?

In fact, it is said that we have already agreed a deal with the player or presumably his agent, subject to agreeing a fee with Real for the player.

I have only seen a little of the player in an U21 game and he seemed OK but did not set my antenna a-twitching.
    The fact is, like so many promising young players who are discommoded by their current position in their own clubs, a little sh*t stirring and batting their eyelashes to encourage suitors like a Spanish Juanita trying to seduce her Carlos, is a way of making their coach take notice of their attributes.

The thing that does not sit right with this story is that for us to have ‘done the deed’ with the player would be tantamount to poaching, and you know what happens to naughty poachers.

After all these years, many Arsenal fans have still not forgiven either Cashley Cole or Moaniho, so I simply do not buy it that Arsenal would do the same thing to another club.

Anyone disagree? :-)

Yes, Me.

I reckon we tap a little here and there. Covertly, of course.

I was not talking about dancing you silly billy. Undercover or not! :-)

Didit. Are you accusing our club of being mendacious?

I will have to ask you to step outside.

Well I was, if that’s alright with you :-)

There is not enough of this any more ….

Better not step outside with GiE … you’re likely to get pregnant

63. Congratulations Mr and Mrs Exile, great news, very excited for your little family :)

On Sagna …….

I would like him to stay please.

I don’t think players should be silly about their wage demands, but we know they are. As Raddy points out he must be already sufficiently wealthy and he’d still get offers of a club after another two years with us.

Sadly, I feel that Jenks is not quite ready to step into Bacary’s shoes although he pulled off a couple of excellent tricks last Saturday :)

Bac slotted in without any prem experience when he arrived so maybe that’s not crucial.

I’m hoping we’ve identified a replacement in case we need one.

Ref gives Massing a red then two yellows. Proper refereeing!

BR
    Not mendacious exactly, but a little real worldly. On the side, you understand.

Rasp :-)

66. Does anyone have a brilliant idea for a post for tomorrow?

Peaches. Not yet. Let’s see what happens overnight. If nothing emerges I can write one early morning.

Peaches
    Maybe. Maybe not. :-)

Can that Utd tweet be real?

Congratulations GIE (again) :)

Agree Raddy. They simply couldn’t do that.

But then ….. rats leaving a sinking ship

Some good comments today regarding…..well everything from Moobs, to babies popping out in Arsenal kits, to undercover covert tap-dancing, to how our most virile regular blogger can get anyone (female or male) pregnant with just a glance in their general direction. Never a dull day on A.A.

Oh yes and there were a couple of comments about some fellow called Sagna but you may have missed them if you blinked.

If he does go do you think he would leave his wife behind if we ask him nicely?

Peaches,

I’ve sent a message to Arsenal Nuts.

75. dandan says:

Have enjoyed that MU tweet so much that I re tweeted it in the fond hope it could possibly be true. Wouldn’t that be absolutely blooming luverly. :-)

Can you imagine Billy Bremner agreeing to wear this?

The bloke on the far left looks very happy with it.

78. He`s Ginger what do you expect !…………………………………………………………………Scottish and Ginger !………….Talk about stating the obvious !.

Good evening Cockie. How are you?

I love the way the hoops get smaller on the way down.
    Should look very flattering on the 20,000 barbarians’ beer guts as they come marauding over Hadrian’s Wall for the next England v Scotland game at Wembley.
    I’ll leave it up to you, Cockie, to tell them that pink and ginger should never be seen together.

Galatasary definitely need a replacement right back.

82. evonne says:

hi GB, thanks for the post, good topic. I like Bacary, still remember how our defence suffered when Sagna broke his leg. And although he is 31 I think he can safely do another 3 years without breaking sweat. John Terry is 33 and Rio Ferdinand 35. Ok, they are probably past their best, but still top professionals. I would give Sagna a new 3 year deal, yes I definitely would

I checked Bellerin for you, there you are (not bad) :

83. evonne says:

come on Chelsea, the last British team that can win this week in CL!

As if I gave a damn about that :) Just want them to be tired playing extra games

84. All good, GoonerB !. Have you still got that Tony Cottee hair which TMHT would die for ?……….hold on a sec`, I will just phone Transplant and ask him as he is probably peeping on you from inside your loft !. hahaha

Is Draxler playing? His name is on the team sheet.

86. Bayonne Jean says:

A Sagna signing for three years at a reasonable weekly would make the most sense because a) he’s very versatile and thus would help in not having to look around for an experienced fourth choice center back, for example and b) there’s frankly not a whole lot of right backs out there who would be equal to or an improvement AND would not cost a lot. The usual suspect names, including a Coleman, might cost too much in transfer and weekly wages and might be bought up by oilers or United, which needs a whole set of defenders and will pay to get them.

87. arnie says:

apols GoonerB, apols everyone. oh dear. what a day!!!!! :sad:

Fantastic post GoonerB. As others have already said, I would like Sagna to stay but not for a pay that will be at odds with others in the team. I suspect calling back Bellerin indicates uncertainty as to whether Sagna will stay. Whatever happens, will happen. It will be a big disaster if he leaves, but we will survive somehow!!!! :D :D

Congrats GiE and Mrs GiE. That explains your fleeting presence over the past few days!!!!! :D :D :D

88. arnie says:

motning all.

Being a team player, Sagna should try and stay. If Arsene has indeed offered a two year extension that is good. equitable pay only, I am afraid. we don’t do this high class low class business. :razz: You should know, Sagna, you have been a faithful foot soldier. Please stay. We love you. :D :D :D

Arnie Dear
    1am and 5am. 4 hours kip?

Well today Lads, I’m in the “Come on you Spurs Camp” :-)

Crikey,

Have you seen some of the names of teams in the Europa.

Genuinely, the Cup for Losers. If ever there was a case for the Elite to break away, this is it.

Tidy topic for a discussion today?

I’ll do it.

I found this interesting.
    I imagine it would mean less penalties are awarded.
    Certainly pathetic ones like Suarez’s first dive against us.
    Maybe less ‘waiting for contact’ fakery in the penalty area, too.

Perhaps even Mike Dean might give us a few extra free-kicks in the penalty area if it didn’t think he had to award us an outright penalty! :)

93. evonne says:

I am really looking forward NG’s Friday news roundup. I have been absolutely rushed off my feet and have no idea what has been happening :( Good news is that maybe, just maybe I gazumped the gazumper :)

why is that demended Maureen on TV again??!!

Peaches
    Post sent if still needed.

Chas,

Great looking article, which I sped red, so will go over later, but wouldn’t it be great if direct free kicks could be awarded inside the six yard box :-)

Reckon Podolski would then start every match. Think of the opportunities to take out the Terry’s of this world.

Haha, I’d definitely pay to see that. Head or nuts?

I think the only change should be that the player committing the foul should be given a yellow and not a red.

Just looked at the Giron cycling area – LB must be going through a mid-life crisis!

BR, you miserable f*cker. :)

I don’t even think the writer of the article actually thought the laws should be changed to reflect his idea.
    It was the idea that attitudes of refs and players might change for the better which was the interesting bit.

Oh well, back to posting only cat and dog videos for me. :)

Thanks for the post Micky – we’ll use it :P

We have an updated pic of ‘GiE Geo’ for you all to admire

And now we have a ……..