A week of highs and lows ….. pants up and pants down

Last Friday:

Snippets from Le Boss at his press conference; On the title race…“It is very open, only Chelsea can lose it because they are in front and all the other teams can win it.” on why every other manager says they are not contenders…“It’s fear to fail”. On Sagna’s future… “No, he is not close [to signing]. It’s an ongoing process.”

Although there were no injuries due to Wednesday’s game, Cazorla is a doubt as he is in bed with Flo. Oops! Sorry flu! :D Flamini is back from suspension and raring to go. Just don’t get carried away again Mathieu!

Thanks to http://www.arsenal.com/

Robin van Persie

could be set for a dramatic return to Arsenal at the end of the season after his agent reportedly met with Arsene Wenger to discuss a move. Van Persie, who forced a move to Manchester United last year, enjoyed a superb opening season at Old Trafford – firing the club to the Premier League title. But the Dutchman has reportedly become frustrated with life under new manager David Moyes, and is now angling for a switch back to Arsenal.

According to Sky Italia

Wenger met Van Persie’s representative in London late last month where it was made clear that Van Persie wants to leave United – and go back to the Gunners.

Saturday:

The Chav’s despicable motor-mouth manager made a totally unwarranted attack on Le Boss, I’ll not dignify his words by repeating them here. Suffice it to say he got his comeuppance when City duly dumped his team out of the FA Cup.

Plenty of speculation about priorities prior to our 5th round tie with Liverpool. There’s bound to be a few surprises in the team selection.

Sunday:

Speaking ahead of the game Wenger said….“We have a very strong defensive record yet when we crack, we crack, but overall I must say defensively we have been very consistent and the real value of the team is the number of games that we have played [to get] that defensive record. On that front we have had a good stability.”

Arsene named the following starting eleven…

Fabianski, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Monreal, Flamini, Arteta, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Podolski, Sanogo.

A closely fought match ended with a 2-1 win for the good guys, goals from the excellent Oxlade-Chamberlain, and a sweet strike from Podolski saw us through to a home quarter final tie against the other Scouse team Everton.

Liverpool manager Rodgers, along with most of the Liverpool pensioners masquerading as TV commentators, pundits and sports columnists bewailed the decision by top referee Howard Webb to deny Suarez a second penalty, for a challenge by The Ox. Perhaps if the Uruguayan striker had merely “gone to ground” instead of doing so only after a triple somersault with half pike Webb may have been tempted to award the penalty. Two Liverpool players were lucky to stay on the pitch, the carthorse formerly know as Gerrard, and Sterling. The former escaped with just one booking for two bookable offences and a series of debatable tackles, the latter who actually put his hand on Webb’s chest while complaining bitterly about a perceived wrong. The lenient Webb called over Captain Carthorse and told him to “talk” to the young winner.

One other match went decidedly in Arsenal’s favour when Le Boss politely but firmly put The Despicable One in his place following Saturday’s ridiculous outburst, “I do not want to go into those silly disrespectful remarks” said Wenger “I am embarrassed for him. Honestly. I am more disappointed for Chelsea than for me.”

Monday:

The Cup win is now in the past, the quarter final is to far in the future, looming is the small matter of current European Champions Bayern Munich.

Olivier Giroud showed a degreeCelia Kay 4
of naivety when he was caught in a tabloid sting, a “glamour” model Celia Kay “allegedly” entered his hotel room and the striker was photographed exiting the bathroom in his underwear. Giroud has publicly apologised to his wife, family and friends as well as to the manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans. Score a hat-trick on Wednesday Olly, and all will be forgiven….. at least by the manager, team-mates and Arsenal fans. Oh! In case you are wondering, this is what all the fuss is about.

Tuesday: Arsenal vs. Bayern Munich

The build up begins.

Wenger to make seven changes!

one headline screams. Well yes but, only to restore those players rested for the FA Cup tie and to replace the suspended Arteta.

Guardiola has problems as Ribery’s stand-in is ruled out!

yells another.

Pep Guardiola will be forced to reshuffle his attack against Arsenal after learning his Bayern Munich side would be without both Franck Ribery and Xherdan Shaqiri for the Champions League tie. Shaqiri tore a muscle in his right thigh on Saturday and is expected to be out for at least three weeks. That could mean he is also absent for the second leg of the last-16 game, which takes place in Munich on March 11.

The Balotelli rumours persist, another report say’s Talks are “ongoing” between the player’s agent and Arsenal. Meanwhile, the asking price has been dropped to just €40 million and with Puma willing to stump up £15 million towards the fee Super Mario is beginning to look like a bargain.

Wednesday:

A bright sunny day, at least it is here in Norfolk, a great game in prospect and endless speculation about the starting line-up. Will Giroud play? At home, not away! Will it be Wilshere or the Ox alongside Flamini?

As usual, the “experts” have written us off, as have the bookies, Ladbrokes quote 7/4 against a home win, 11/4 against a draw and 3 /4 on an away win.

In other news, Vermaelen’s agent has been quoted as saying our captain wants to leave the Emirates in the summer, That makes three defenders likely to depart, Sagna is no nearer to signing an extension and Fabianski has already signalled his exit. Injuries and loss of form have restricted TV to just a few appearances this season and last, so as long as Merts and Kos remain fit there seems little chance that Thomas will get much game time even when he regains fitness.

Sagna is out of contract in the summer and is free to “talk” to overseas clubs now. A report in Italy says Liverpool have made the player an offer in an attempt to poach Bacary from under the noses of Inter Milan. If this is the case then Liverpool stand accused of tapping up our right-back. Will UEFA do anything about it? Don’t hold your breath!!

Young right-back Hector Bellerin has been recalled from his loan spell at Watford and has been given the number 40 shirt and is currently listed as an Academy player. Sagna understudy?

Thursday:

Dream tie ends in nightmare for Wenger

Yes, as many of us secretly feared, our Champions League 1st leg tie with Bayern Munich turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. All seemed to be going well up to the point where Ozil’s weak attempt at beating Neuer, from the penalty spot, was comfortably saved by his former schoolmate.

That seemed to knock the stuffing out of Arsenal and give momentum to Bayern. Gibbs went off injured, Szczesny clattered Robben and was rightly red-carded. Even though Alaba hit the outside of the post with the resulting penalty Bayern had their tales up and the wind in their sails.

Down to ten men Arsenal, with the exception of Ozil, put up a defensive performance only bettered by the occupants of The Alamo, but like those heroes from the past, eventually they succumbed to superior forces.

2 – 0 down going into the 2nd leg at The Allianz Arena, a repeat of last seasons second leg would see us having to win on penalties. Would Ozil take one? Should Ozil take one?

Arsenal at home to Sunderland tomorrow offers the chance of redemption. A win and the resulting three points will help to put the Bayern game on the back-burner, at least for a while.

Everything is ready for the unveiling of the Dennis Bergkamp statue. It will take place outside The Armoury at 11.30 am on Saturday, Dennis will also make an on-pitch appearance at half-time. I’d prefer him to play the second half, but we can’t have everything.

TWTWTW

Norfolk Gooner

83 Responses to A week of highs and lows ….. pants up and pants down

Bugger, just left a comment on the last post. Will try and re-post it here then go and read your fine effort Norfolk.

Morning all and morning Arnie. Thanks for your backing. I was a little worried about bringing up any critical points about the game, but then what is the blog for if not to air your views and discuss them with your fellow A.A’ers?

I haven’t really entered the Ozil debate to date. My thoughts are that we acquired a great player who will get even better. It is his first season in the EPL and even world class players have an adaptation period with the EPL. How many times have we heard an interview with a top foreign player once they have been here 3 years and they talk about how hard they found it in their first season and were shocked by the pace and intensity. They also then refer to how playing in the EPL made them a better player. I saw one media institution refer to Hazard as a player for the big game and you could see there inference was that Ozil wasn’t. Well Hazard had a very muted first season as well, with some questioning the £35m price tag, but let’s just conveniently forget that shall we.

People think that at £42m or so that he should arrive as the complete finished article whereas I think that in today’s market that gets you one of the worlds best players that could still get even better. The people who use the price tag to beat him with are the same who moan that we don’t spend the money to secure these players like other clubs, and worryingly it is not just the media but many are so called Arsenal fans. Talk about wanting to have your cake and eat it.

I think his style is deceptive leading to many wrongly calling him lazy. He is playing in a central role behind the striker so you don’t really want him tracking back too much anyway. That is a tactic for mid to lower league teams. I feel it is important for certain players to adopt a more offensive position even when we are defending otherwise you have no out ball and no chance to launch a counter-attack.

I also feel he is slightly hampered by not having a pacy player in front of him. I think he is probably a master of the slide rule pass but has his options for the ball in behind the defence limited due to our lack of pace up top. How often did God find Ljunberg with one of those passes, but Freddie had the pace to get onto them. Would he have found Ollie with those passes? It is why I agree with many that his limited playing time with both Walcott and the Ox hasn’t helped him to display his full repertoire at this stage. I like Ollie but I think AW will find someone that plays more to Ozil’s strengths for next season and Ollie will still be a valuable member of the squad but will not be in our best first 11.

I think Mesut is under the best coach to help him realise his full potential and feel he will become a different animal over the next 2 seasons. I expect him to beef up slightly and I think another big key to him realising his full potential will be more regular goal-scoring from his position. I believe that AW will already have identified this and have a plan in place.

The media, as always with Arsenal, have their knives out and sharpened so it is vital that we the fans don’t do the same and we show him that we love him and give him our full support. Podolski has it spot on for me. A massive chorus of “super, super Mes, super, super Mes e.t.c” at the next home game would be the best thing for him right now.

3. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, it’s very quiet on here at the moment, so as the sky is blue and the sun is shining I’m off to Salthouse for a coastal walk along to Muckleborough Hill, and back through the now newly salted marshes.

I’ll be back after a good lunch. :D

Nice one Norfolk and you highlighted all the weeks key issues brilliantly. Mourinho is a classless twat, Liverpool doth over-complain as they had some decisions in their favour as well. I can’t see the return of BSR myself. I see him in Italy next season as it seems this league suits the high quality but ageing strikers. Not too sure how I feel about Ballotelli, and how on earth did you get your hands on a picture of my missus to put up here?

Arsene Wenger: Arsenal boss says Mesut Ozil not over penalty miss

Arsenal forward Mesut Ozil is yet to recover from the disappointment of his penalty miss against Bayern Munich, according to manager Arsenal Wenger.

Ozil, 25, the club’s record signing, saw his spot-kick saved in the midweek Champions League loss and apologised for the defeat to fans on Facebook.

Wenger said: “Is he alright now? Certainly not because 48 hours is a bit short to get over that.”

So what do you make of that ? Ozil is a world class player,has the sensitive side got to him as I have said previously he has a bit of a poker face, or is the boss playing poker with the media ad making an excuse for Ozil not to play tomorrow or suddenly he will be on the team sheet.
    if he is physically fit he should play.if he is mentally and phiscally drained,then not.

Thanks Norfolk for a most entertaining weekly round up, pity there aren’t others around at the moment.

Dennis will get a mighty ovation tomorrow and in all my years supporting Arsenal he still remains my favourite player.

A coastal walk sounds like a good thing to do on a day like this.

7. A. O. Anthony says:

Arsenal will be better and stronger next season. Wenger will bring in good quality player, because he will want to prove a point against Morinho. Arsenal has done well in their debth, because of Emirate stadium and now have enough money to spend on good quality players in summer. I trust in Wenger’s ability as a good coach then Morinho. Wenger has achieve and made a name for himself in arsenal, than whatever Morinho has achieved in the clubs he has coached. Watchout for arsenal next season. Gunners 4ever.

I have a free spare ticket, next to me, tomorrow for the Sunderland game, does any one want it?

9. TwentyTwelve says:

LB, your mistake was in mentioning the ticket is for a seat next to you. ;)

… Wish I were in London to take advantage of it.

Norfork, hope you had a nice walk. Do you think that BSR return can really happen? Like GB, I don’t see it, if only for financial reasons. Can’t see Arsenal matching his current salary, and can’t see him willing to play for less. On the other hand, I saw the video of Wenger dodging that question. He had a grin/grimace on his face that he couldn’t suppress. It seems like something is going on there, regardless of how far it might lead.

Kelsey, I think Ozil should sit out only if he’s physically tired. Otherwise, I think he’s too much of a competitor, albeit he doesn’t show it in the same way as, say, Flamini. His reaction to the missed penalty was very passionate, I thought. Sometimes players would walk away quietly, with their heads down, after a bad penalty. In this instance, Ozil made a gesture to punch an invisible wall out of frustration. He looked quite pissed off that he messed it up.

Norfolk I envy your wonderful walks and especially lunch at the pub. I often look up the pubs to get a sense of the environment.

TT

I think you may be right.

12. Vinay says:

He is coming he is coming he is here, yes the god has come back to grace us all and tomorrow we will get to see him again, fancy a half time substitution.tom??? he still is capable going by the training pics in ajax, for me as well my favourite player ever to play for us and a genius and a role model.

13. arnie says:

My Norfolk-day just breezed by (almost) in various bits and pieces. But I did manage to catch a glimpse of Norfolk’s take on the week before all the chores started. A great pleasure as ever. :D :D :D

Personally, I like Ozil’s commitment to the cause. I have said before that I find him more proactive, in and out of possession, in the midfield. That I think is a great sign. On the penalty, well what can you do? Bite the bullet and move on. If Ozil is feeling a bit down, that is understandable. The sooner he recovers, the better for us. We want him fit and raring to go before Rocky’s Dealth Cluster 2. :D

Regarding Dennis, what a legend and what a fantastic tribute. I envy you guys who are going to be there.

And LB, I wish I was in London. Alas! :sad:

Canada has just beaten the GB team by a score of 9-3 in the men’s curling final. It was a one sided game with the GB side conceding at completion of the eighth end.

15. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘afternoon all, Just back from good walk and a fine lunch. I was amazed to find that the Beach Road carpark at Salthouse has literally disappeared under three feet of shingle, which had been deposited by the recent tidal surge and storms. Long sections of the twenty foot high shingle bank that previously protected the grazing marshes have been flattened as the waves washed over them.

GN5, Today’s pub was The Three Swallows at Cley-next-the-Sea. Last summer it lived up to it’s name when that was exactly how many it took me to finish a pint on a hot day. :D Steak, Guinness and mushroom pie for lunch. Luverley grub!

TwentyTwelve, I wouldn’t rule out a return for van Persie, I wouldn’t welcome it either.

16. Norfolk Gooner says:

Curling? I didn’t know hairdressing was an Olympic sport. Do the competitors use their own tongs? Pshww! They’ll have darts and synchronised swimming in the Olympics next!

Norfolk,

I’ve never attempted to try curling as it’s far too tough on the knees, and football wrecked my knees. But it a highly technical and difficult game especially when faced with a team as talented as the Canadian’s. They swept both the men’s and women’s competitions.

18. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5,

“they swept both the men’s and women’s competitions” No pun intended, I hope. :D

Thanks for another fine round-up, NG.
    I particularly liked the paragraph involving Captain Carthorse.
    Maybe a shoot from the hip match report someday?

Norfolk,

Just testing to see what you knew about curling. It’s rare to see a team concede especially in the Olympic Final.

I just had virtual walk along Holt Road, really nice to see a traditional English pub.

21. evonne says:

Nonsence, sitting next to LB would be a treat. Sorry I cannot make it tomorrow

NG – bedtime

22. TwentyTwelve says:

GN5, I often would also look up the landmarks Norfolk mentions in his Friday comments. Some nice looking places they have there. Always sunny on Google Maps as well. One of these days, we might have the capability to keep virtual company with Norfolk on his walks.

If one look at the snap that GB’s missus took of Giroud in the hotel, one can see why Giroud hasn’t played: his left leg has simply gone missing. :)

Of course curling is a form of bowls on ice and is a very skillful game. 22 rinks in Scotland and 1 in Kent, so it was an Andy Murray = silver to Scotland.

Now on tomorrow. The defence picks itself same as Wednesday bar Gibbs insert Monreal,but who will play CF. Giroud,Sanogo or Bedtner or even a false number 9.Podolski would seem an obvious choice but he is apparently out of favour with AW.

Speaking in his press conference ahead of the game against Sunderland tomorrow he was asked whether Sanogo was ready for the top level – to which he replied:

“I think so. He hasn’t played many games and that can be a huge contribution for the end of the season, yes. [His development] played a big part in it [not buying a striker], because you compare the potential arrivals of the players with his qualities, and that was for me in favour of Sanogo.”

Interesting…but do you believe the boss ?

Always love to read a Friday Norfolk

Great stuff, thank you.

“Glamour model” ha ha. This actually means “failed model” and/or “failed actress” and from your pic, I can see why.

“So, come on Ollie, if you are going to do this kind of thing, then for goodness sake up your game off the field. You are an Arsenal Man now, and we have standards.”

Kelsey,

Of course we believe, after all Arsene has spoken!

Do we really believe these Brave stories? I don’t. Just can’t see AW signing a wonky 32 yr old.

28. arnie says:

Kelsey: It will be Giroud for me tomorrow. But just in case you have not realised, I am not Arsene!!!!! :D :D :D

GIE, Rasp, Peaches I’ve sent a blast.

MD89,

I do believe that RVP would have the audacity to seek a way out of the “Theater of Dreamers” but I cannot believe that AW would want a turncoat back in our dressing room.

I wonder if Giroud is inclined to the doggy stance as he invariably has his back to goal :)

Flamini has a bust up with Wilshere today, Flamini had a go at Ozil on Wednesday and Sanogo gave Mertesacker a black eye last week and now we need Robin back, hahaha.

rvp still has a house near Hyde Prk and has his young children at school here,so never say never.

Kelsey,

Robin has already flown the nest looking for a nest egg, instead he got lumbered with Moyes. To retaliate in kind Arsenal should string him along with feigned interest and then walk away at the last second. A touch of what goes around……

35. arnie says:

Kelsey: Giroud prefers facing up to Ozil. :razz:

36. My RSVP to RVP is………..he can suck the thing which I stack my ring-doughnuts on !. :evil:

PS……..anyone care for a ring-doughnut ?

37. TwentyTwelve says:

Kelsey & GN5, I was wondering if it isn’t the other way around: Brave chatting with Arsenal to get something from ManU. He might have learned some tricks from Rooney, who got a raise again today (according to BBC).

Canada just beat the US 1-0 in the Olympic ice hockey semi final – they meet Sweden in the final.

39. evonne says:

great read NG! I’d prefer him to play the second half too, wouldn’t that be great? I am sure he still has it and the magic is there

Ok, who is the bigger arsehole – R$P or mouthy Maureen? Cannot decide….probably R$P because he is a greedy arsehole, whereas Maureen is just bonkers.

Honourable defeat to Bayern? Frankly, I expected worse. I thought they were going to completely outplay us and win 3-4 nil. So the fact that we only conceded 2 playing 10 men is not a bad result in my books.

NG – I am not sure if I should go to bed now or read your post again later :)

41. jnyc says:

NG makes fridays. Perfectly edited summaries whether the weeks are eventful or not.
    Great response from Jack, Chas, he’s cool, with a sense of humor.

Nice one NG

I’m ready for the next game now… need the clock to tick faster.

cockie :)

Lol at Jack and Flamster!! :D

Good round up of the week Norfolk, sounds like you had a good day whilst it was bright, proper chilly outside now.

LB I would love to take that ticket but as I have been late in most of this week I fear my balls would be in a vice very quickly courtesy of Mrs Exile.

Methinks we are right in the media firing line right now and they are going all out to unsettle us so they can write there I Told You So’s.

Only last week BFG was supposed to have been given a black eye in training by Sanogo, but I haven’t seen it mentioned further and there is Oligate, and Ozil stirring.

Nothing a convincing win can’t sort out tomorrow.

GN5 post received I will get it in drafts ASAP.

47. neamman says:

I would welcome RVP back to be honest. I have only seen Sangogo once and certainly think he needs seasoning, perhaps AW thinks he will come in and do a …shoot.. what was the name of Weah,s cousin who starred in the run in for our 97-98 title?
    Anyway I would prefer Lucas or NB as back up for OG.

48. neamman says:

I was thinking of Christopher Wreh who came into the team as an unknown for the latter half of the 98 season and scored several vital goals to help seal the title.

Morning all

I have a gut feeling that we will comprehensively beat Sunderland today regardless who starts but nevertheless it will be interesting to see who takes a penalty when we get one :)

Will Giroud lead the line or the new Anelka stay in the side ? Surely Podolski must be given game time with his lethal left foot and Gnabry is due some game time.Arteta is back but Gibbs has a sore buttock (no comment).
    Poyet has several injuries and will definitely have one eye on The Capital Cup Final next weekend.

Vito returns and I am sure will get a god ovation but the loudest cheer will be for DB10 at half time

I can’t see any of the other pretenders losing bar Spurs and if they play to their potental we might get a special one from Everton too at least draw.

By the way is Raddy on one of these 365 days world cruises he won on a sweepstake :)

Right off to bed,back later.

Norfolk,

Along with the post, I also like reading about your Friday walk to pub. It has a comforting familiarity about it, and I know all is well with the world and the weekend is upon us.

Reading the comment above by he who has gone bac to bed, makes you realize how many good options AW has to refresh the side.

I am surprised that Verm does not get more game time, ot even be on the bench and used for last 20′s. It worries me that should we get an injury to Mert or Kos we have no battle hardened stand in, unless of course Arsene has decided Sagna goes into the middle.

Ahem…coooey..admin..come in…could someone update the fixture list, thank you.

Kelsey
    “Time for bed”. Think you’re Zebedee do you? :-)

Just me and me headphones then :-)

I think you’re right regarding options Micky.

For me there are only two names that can be said to be first names on the team sheet every week, and that is BFG and Lolo.

I’m a little concerned that Monreal has been unnecessarily scapegoated over last few weeks. I’ve seen him described in quite derogatory terms. Before Anfield away I didn’t think he had played that badly, in fact I put him and Gibbs pretty even. He hasn’t had a good couple of weeks since but I don’t think he became hopeless over night.

She’s an Angel is Polly

Happy Bergkamp Day.

Ah good company

Morning Exile
    Certainly agree about Monreal. More than adequate back up, but with the CB’s, I just think that so much is about understanding, that an enforced change without playing time would be dangerous.

All Im’ saying, is an odd 20 mins here and there. Didn’t Mert cover third most km’s the other day according to someone’s tweet

Great DB vid. I do forget how physically imposing he was.

59. evonne says:

happy Bergkamp day to you too Micky

I’d have Santi every game too

Right, excellent, everyone present and correct :-)

Evonne, you’re insatiable

None of you are probaly in the least bit bovvered, but there was a cunning link between Cave and Harvey vids. I reckon he wrote Nature Boy about her. Back in the day, I was tempted to drive to Brighton and beat him up. Oi, Cave, leave Polly alone.

Mmm, typing going particularly well today.

Ozil doesn’t start.

JC always predicts we’re going to get beat. This seems like the natural order of things.
    Kelsey saying he has a gut feeling we will comprehensively beat Sunderland gives me the heebie jeebies.
    It’s as if beelzebub has reached inside the back passage of the universe, grasped hold of its internal organs and then pulled so hard the whole lot’s turned inside out.

65. evonne says:

you will find Micky that with age you will calm down and anger will disappear :)

Don’t know shit about music, but the rugby game last night was great. Well done Welshies!!! Believe it or not With the goal significantly bigger than the footy goal a Welsh player missed a penalty :) I am no longer angry with Ozil

No offence, mate.

Hve to feel sorry for that English speed skater. 3 events and 3 disqualifications. Really felt for her .

chas, it’s in the bag. :)

I have still got a spare free ticket for today’s game.

I hope Sanogo starts today, I think if he gets a goal we will really see what kind of player we have.

He has been nervous in the last two games, a goal I reckon would change all that.

LB
    How do you rate Sanogo’s potential?

Really need to listen to Cave, Mark Kermode bangs on about him on the Five Live film reviews on Friday but I have never been tempted. I haven’t even clicked the above link.

I struggle with PJ Harvey too, like Massive Attack and a few others like Orbital, Coldplay and even Radiohead if there at a festival I will make sure I’m there because they tend to suit the vibe, but just listening to an album in isolation….I struggle to get through them.

Morning Micky

So far so good with Sanogo. A bit too early to formulate an opinion as to how far he can go.

I thought the decision to play him over Giroud in the week was stupid to say the least and I am certainly not in the camp who thought he was excellent last week; he was ok, Agar beat him to 99% of the high long clearances from the keeper.

Sanogo does offer something different to Giroud but if we are going to continue with the long clearances then Ollie is still the best choice.

Although having said all that a goal from Sanogo would give us a lot more information than we have right now.

GiE
    Musically speaking, why don’t you just stick to Disco and be done with the bother? :-)

Talking of Disco, wish that Transplant would get his sorry ass back on here. Once a day would do :-(

Cheers LB

Agree on needing more info. I’m in the camp that says it really doesn’t make much difference whether we play Ollie, Yaya or Nic. None of them are ever, or hardly ever, the decisive factor in a game. They are just there and do a job.

79. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning everybody, thank you for the nice comments, Evonne , how was it for you?

As today’s game isn’t live on the box, I’ll be cheering on the England lads with the funny shaped balls, but before that I have to deal with the moles under the back lawn, EXTERMINATE!! EXTERMINATE!!! EXTERMINATE!!!!

Norfolk