2014 Predictions Part 2: You choose

Readers of AA recently would have seen my 2014 Predictions, in which I attempted to answer the question, “Will Arsenal remain ToTL at the end of the season?” Those readers also would have noted with amusement that my predictive ability is probably on par with that of the folks who calculated the Mayan doomsday date a few years ago.

I seek your help to improve the prediction. In the survey below, please tell me how you think the teams will perform in the second half of the season. I will compile the results and present them as the “AA Readers Second Half Prediction” in a later post.

Because there are so many matches to consider, I have restricted the survey to only three teams: the two favorites of the pundits, and our very own, beloved Arsenal. Also, I have sorted their fixtures into two groups. Page 1 of the survey presents the matches I think are “sure” wins. Please review them. If you agree, just continue to page 2, which contains matches that are beyond my prescient vision. (Sorry, I don’t understand why the list is so long. :grin: ) Your predictions are requested for all the games listed on this page.

Thank you very much. I anxiously await the results.

And to those who scoff, “Since you included Arsenal as a contender, why didn’t you also include my favorite XYZ team?” Well, I’m waiting for XYZ to top the table for virtually sixteen weeks in a row before I do that. Cheers!

Written by TT

92 Responses to 2014 Predictions Part 2: You choose

1. I think you have to come into comments before doing the survey

2. TwentyTwelve says:

From the front page, the survey doesn’t appear in-line for some reason, Peaches. If one goes into the post itself, then one remains in the comfort of AA.

Not sure what we can do about that. Perhaps put a note in the article to open the post first? Either way the results will be recorded, but it is an unfortunate glitch.

3. RC78 says:

I took the survey but I am not sure where the results are and if they were recorded…

Anyways, we have the worse schedule and according to me and sadly, it seems that the EPL title will be fought between Shitty and Chelski. I think we have a chance but we are defo underdogs and I think that Everton but especially Liverpool’s form against the big boys will have a huge impact on the EPL race. If Everton and Liverpool do extremely well (a win or a draw) against Chelsea, City and Utd and we manage to win these games against them, we are in for a good shot at the EPL…

I really hope we can keep our form until the last day of the EPL. Let us hope that injuries do not plague our title bid. Any news on Monreal and Rosicky by any chance?

4. TwentyTwelve says:

The results are flowing in, RC78. 25 completed so far; 20 still pondering or perhaps have abandoned the exercise altogether. I was only expecting 10 to 15 responses, so I am really pleased :)

If you go to the post and see the message “survey has been completed”, your choices have been recorded.

Thank you!

5. evonne says:

wow, this is very posh TT :) I had the predictions in a little spreadsheet and only about 15 responses, mostly – Arsenal to win all. Well done! Will you let us know the outcome?

Well done, TT.

The post needs an extra line as you said, to say ‘click on the comments and scroll up to see the survey inline’.

7. TwentyTwelve says:

Thanks, evonne & chas. I have set the survey to close this Saturday, and I plan to present the outcome sometime next week.

8. Vinay says:

Done, i think we will still win the title, hahahha i am certain we will

9. evonne says:

there is no Evonne and Chas :) we hate each other :)

If Lewis Holtby from the Skinny Chicken marchants goes back to Schalke, then Draxler will be heading our way soon. Maybe

There’s a twitter account called “You’ve been Hodged”.
    Some of them are funny, some grotesque and worryingly for a few, they look better afterwards.
    Here are a few…….

14. fatgingergooner says:

We definitely have the tougher fixtures remaining, but in the end everyone plays 38 games. The fact we have most of our big fixtures back to back could be a problem or a blessing depending on injuries, suspensions and form at that time.

Last year we finished the season strong and I have no reason to think that will change. If we can win our home games and beat the lesser teams away then we may be able to get away with dropping a few points against the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool.

What could be a factor is the cup draws. CL is going to be tough no matter who you get, and the teams that go deeper in that competition will have to make some tough decisions in the PL. The FA Cup is the other trophy up for grabs and home ties against lower opposition could give opportunity to rest key players.

There are so many small factors that contribute to winning the title, not just who has the biggest squad. For that reason we are definitely still in the hunt.

15. RC78 says:

I think that Bayern will be tough to beat but it is possible…If we are out of the CL and City and Chelsea continue, it might be a blessing in disguise for us as we would have less games to play but as you said, it will depend on form and injuries/suspensions…Let us see…

16. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, brilliant idea, TT. I am at a loss for words. Evonne’s survey was a good start, but more simplistic, and largely aimed at regular contributors on AA. TT’s survey should draw in a lot of fans or green-eyed gits (supporters of other clubs). It will be fun. Look forward to the results. :D :D :D

Shitty playing Blackburn FA Cup replay this evening. I foresee no chance of a ROLF! :sad:

17. arnie says:

GiE: I thought you promised an updated swingometer! :sad:

Nice one TT and a lovely bit of fun. I have voted but in reality I am finding it hard to predict as I feel if certain clubs add certain players in this transfer window the whole balance could change. While I feel Citeh and Chelski will find it hard to significantly improve on their squad in this transfer window, so I feel it is easier to predict how they will perform till the end of the season, I feel we are one of the key clubs where a January addition could make a huge difference. What Utd do or don’t do I also feel will change things a lot.

I also think refereeing decisions will have a big input. I feel that Citeh, and to a slightly lesser extent Chelski, are already heavily in credit with decisions that have decided games. If that continues then I feel we will be up against it. If the famous “it all evens out in the end” comes to pass then I will be very hopeful.

19. 26may1989 says:

Very nice, TT!

Anything’s possible, from us lifting the title to collapsing out of the top four. I feel optimistic though. For us to stay in control of our destiny we will need to do even better than we did in the first half of the season, meaning we have to just as well against the sides outside the top seven (and we’ve picked up 90% of those points so far) AND we need to do better in our match-ups against the other title contenders. We don’t necessarily need to be the best in those games but with City having picked so many of those points (albeit they’ve only played one away game in that category), but we need to do better than W2 D2 L2.

Will we do it? Hell, yes!

Chas, great pictures by the way. I was already in stitches but wet myself when I got to Welbeck.

TT,

I’ve got a spreadsheet showing all of the remaining games for the current top 7 teams and I have already penciled in my guesses as to the final outcome. In my chart I have City, Chelsea and Arsenal all finishing with the same points, so it will be goal difference that separates them – so City champs.

However guessing the outcome of so many games is fraught with problems just a few would be – bias, injuries, involvement in cup competitions, referee’s, Lady luck, weather conditions, form, transfers in and out, etc…

So net net winning the pools by predicting 8 score draws is easier than predicting the outcome of 48 games over 4 months.

Nevertheless it’s still an enjoyable task.

22. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good day all, sorry Evonne, there’s no chance that Draxler will be coming to Arsenal for a while yet, he’s out for three months with ankle ligament damage. :(

23. 26may1989 says:

The points already gifted by refs to City in the games against Liverpool, Newcastle and us look pretty significant right now.

24. TwentyTwelve says:

Thanks, all.

arnie, I didn’t know that evonne had done a similar, albeit smaller, survey. Apologies. As long as those green-eyed gits are fair, I would welcome them all! In fact, for this purpose, AA is probably too biased a forum :D

GoonerB, good point! Perhaps I should have waited until after the transfer window, but the uncertainty associated with having it early is also part of the fun.

26, it would be necessary for Arsenal to perform better versus the competitor, as compared to last year. We need that swingometer to swing!

GN5, glad you enjoyed the survey. The more respondents the better the results, so the theory goes.

For some reason ‘Hoogendijk’ sounds like something the Cockie Monster might have on the back of his shirt.

Off topic a bit.

Now, I might be a bit behind the curve here but better late than never, as they say.

For all those who missed this clip that Chas posted I strongly urge you to watch it.

You will see, not the next Jack Wilshere as some have dubbed Daniel Crowley but ladies and gentlemen this is no other than the next Cesc Fabregas.

27. TwentyTwelve says:

Hm.. there have been 75 responses so far, and unfortunately our biases are showing, despite my earnest hope to the contrary.

I wonder if we could somehow get some more viewpoints represented. How about that Spur supporting relative of yours, Peaches? Anyone else know fair & honest people who might be counted on to give their opinions?

28. evonne says:

TT – like I said yesterday – customers here are either accountants or away with the fairies :)

LB – what did you make of our MoM on Monday?

Draxler injured? no good then

29. I been following Crowley for a while now….not in a stalking sort of way, that’s only for Arsene !. hahaha……he is indeed a talent, but lets hope the next Jack Fabregas doesn`t follow their injury path !. Don’t know the extent, but he was stretchered off this afternoon !.

30. arnie says:

Draxler injured. Ah well! This is one for the future anyway. If we are getting him at some point in any case, I hope our medical staff have a role in the rehab of the guy. Very promising youngster. :D

I have a sneaky feeling we might still bring in someone in January, but will it be right wing or striker? I would like someone for the future, but good enough at the moment to fill in if need be. :D :D :D

I thought Zelalem was the next Cesc Fabregas?

Anyway I have answered the survey I went with my head and fear I have probably given the title to Shitty….one more numpty pundit predicting we won’t win it :D

32. arnie says:

Crowley is impressive indeed, but the way the whiole team played, they were very good as a unit. Now I feel a bit sad for some of them that we did not progress in the League Cup. :sad:

One thing I thought watching Crowley….I don’t expect many other English teams would have kept him in their academies, like Jack looks 4ft nothing alongside other players but they have the technical ability to waltz round lads chosen for strength and height alone.

34. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger should still get Draxler in, even if he’s injured. If he’s going to buy him in the summer anyway then why not intigrate him into the team now? He wouldn’t put anyone’s nose of joint because he probably can’t play for 4 months, it would stop other clubs stealing him in the summer, and it might ease any fans that are still moaning about our transfer spending.

It also gives the lad a chance to settle into the country without the stress of performances, media etc.

Just a thought.

35. RC78 says:

We should try to get Mirrallas from Everton as he can play wing and up front and he is the type of resilient players we need. Another one good addition could be Lavezzi who is not enyoing life in Paris

36. JanMan says:

Norfolk. Where did you hear that about Draxler being out for three months? He was with the squad at their winter training camp in Katar and according to the Schalke home page he picked up a thigh injury which makes him doubtful for the opening Bundesliga game in February. No news on their webpage about him other than that.

37. arnie says:

FGG: On Draxler, I think 26may discussed some time back, there may be an issue with insurance. He will probably not pass his medical now. So, I dont really know whether we can get him now. :D

38. arnie says:

JanMan: The news on the web is that Draxler has been sent to Munich for specialist treatment for a ruptured tendon. :sad:

39. JanMan says:

Here is the article from the Schalke homepage. The opening game is at Hamburg on 26 Jan.

Schalke muss zum Start der Rückrunde am 26. Januar beim Hamburger SV ohnehin auf Neuzugang Jan Kirchhoff (Syndesmoseriss), die langzeitverletzten Marco Höger und Dennis Aogo (beide Kreuzbandriss) sowie wahrscheinlich auch auf Julian Draxler (Sehnenanriss im Oberschenkel) verzichten. Ob Kapitän Benedikt Höwedes (Muskelfaserriss) und Torjäger Klaas-Jan Huntelaar (Innenbandriss im Knie) rechtzeitig fit sind, ist noch offen.

Basically it is a run down of injuries pertaining to the opening game on the 26 of Jan. “sowie wahrscheinlich auch auf Julian Draxler” translates to also the possibility of Julian Draxler.

40. JanMan says:

Arnie, The news you are referring to is based on an article in the Daily Mail, not sure how reliable that is. I think the news posted on the Schalke webpage and also on Bundesliga.de is accurate. For sure, there is no news in Germany pertaining to a three month injury.

41. JanMan says:

Arnie, Also note that Dr. Mueller-Wohlfahrt is the Dr of the National team and Bayern Munchen. It is perfectly normal for him to oversee injuries on the German National players. His medical center is located in Munchen.
    Sehnenanriss im Oberschenkel = a tendon tear of the thigh.

TT

Wowee, that’s a very grown up voting slip. Thank you.

I did my best, although no idea who I’ve handed the title to, and really struggled with City and Chav games, as you’re staring at fixtures just willing defeats :-)

I think it may well be decided by injuries to key players, and of course, we’ve already suffered a hammer blow.

43. evonne says:

Sehnenanriss im Oberschenkel – OMG, if Draxler recuperation from the injury is as long as its name, we may as well forget about him

44. JanMan says:

Evonne. :-)
    According to the below link it is the English media that is reporting Arsenal want Draxler now. It also says he is out for a couple more weeks due to injury. Again, nothing about missing three months!

LadyArse says on twitter that the club president has said Ntep met Arsenal on the weekend. I assume she means Presudebt of Ntep’s side.

I’m filing that in the “club wants more money from actual buyers” draw

46. RC78 says:

Draxler is a gem but he did struggle badly against Chelsea in the CL. I would rather bet on a player used to the English battles already. We need speed and grit on the right wing and/or speed and flair up front. Who can provide that to us in the EPL?

– Mirallas, Sterling, Townsed and to a certain extent A. Young, Zaha on the right wing

– Rémy, Benteke, Dzeko up front

Let us be honest: Sterling, Townsend and Dzeko are not leaving their respective clubds.

We can try to snatch Mirallas, Young/Zaha, Rémy and Benteke but I doubt that Utd loans out Young or Zaha to us. The most likely targets hence become Mirallas, Rémy and Benteke. Rémy’s deal will be hard to pull because of the current loan with Newcastle. It leaves us with Mirallas and Benteke and both are key men for their clubs but I think that with the right deal, we can convince their clubs to let them join us.

For example,

– Mirallas against 10 Mln + loan of Eisfeld or Miyaichi until end of the season
    – Benteke against 14 Mln + loan of Miyaichi, Akpom and they get Park for free

Anyways…let us see

47. JanMan says:

RC78. You make a good point but none of the below deals in my opinion would be worth while. I would like to see Dzeko come in but as you said, City would not let him go. Benteke really does not give us much more than NB but of course that is debatable. As for Draxler I don’t think it will happen now, all of the reports are coming from the British redtops and we all know how reliable they are :-)

48. arnie says:

JanMan: We live in hope!!!!! :D :D :D

RC78: It is purely a matter of taste and preferance. As far as I am concerned, if there were two players of the same quality, one of proven quality from within the PL and the other a younger player from Europe, I would choose the one from Europe. I have several reasons, but all are subjective. (1) Avoid inbreeding, that is bring new ideas and styles of play, and therefore new synergies, (2) Likely to be less expensive, because prices in the EPL are on average excessively inflated, (3) the opportunity to develop a player towards a good fit within the team, rather than hope a player somehow fits in, which is often a tall ask, and (4) Probably better adept at playing good football in Europe, which for me is more important than reaching the top 4 in the EPL, which is the only relatively certain outcome.

Of course, I take the point that a player of proven ability within the EPL would be used to the English style of the game. Hence this is only a matter of preferance!!!! :D :D :D

49. evonne says:

no JanMan, it’s not the british media that want Draxler, it is me :)

This is from here………

How are Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, Julian Draxler and Leon Goretzka?

If things go well, the Hunter will be able to resume full training next week. He’s working hard on his comeback and is very determined. He wants to get back involved and help us. Julian will have another examination in the next few days and then we’ll make a decision on the next steps. He can’t do all that much at the moment. Leon is in Gelsenkirchen and has been able to train with the Under-23s since recovering from tonsil surgery. He’ll hook up with us again for the first session back in Germany.

52. JanMan says:

evonne/Arnie. I want him too :-)

53. evonne says:

then we shall have him, sorted

that Abramovitch looks like a proper eejet

55. JanMan says:

Chas. Thank you. As you can see, nothing relating to a long term injury.

56. arnie says:

Pretty good, looks good then. Let us see!!!!! :D :D :D

JanMan,
    I read it the complete opposite to you. :)

‘Can’t do all that much at the moment’ = can hardly walk
    ‘Another examination in a few days’ = we haven’t got a clue what’s up with him
    ‘Then we’ll make a decision on the next steps’ = there’s going to be a long and hard rehabilitation.

58. RC78 says:

The issue at stake here is that we need a player to support us during our EPL jouts…Given the fact that we are mid-way through the season, we need a player that could have an almost immediate impact and does not need a time of adaptation to the EPL physicality…

If we have the following starting XI, I think that we will feel quite solid during Theo’s absence:

Team A:
    Scezesny – Sagna, Per, Kos, Gibbs – Ramsey, Flamini, Wilshere – Mirrallas, Giroud, Ozil

Team B:
    Fabianski – Jenkinson, ?, Vermaelen, Monreal (hope he is ok) – Rosicky, Arteta, Oxlade – Gnabry, Podolski, Cazorla

What do you think?

59. JanMan says:

Chas. Don’t read to much into it. You are over exaggerating! I have already posted German links pertaining to the subject.. It says nothing about hardly Walking :-) All it says is that he is not doing much at the Moment which is because he is in rehab Training.and has been strengthening the muscle. When does another examination relate to we do not have a clue what is wrong with him? It simply means an examination to confirm the next step, most likely relating to if he can return to full Training with the ball. Any way, I have posted Support links, everyone can draw their own conclusions it really does not matter to me :-) Proof will be in the Pudding once the German season starts.

60. arnie says:

26may: continuation from yesterday, not quite my cup of tea, but here is the best I could do. Best EPL team if all are fit.

Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Baines, Arteta, Toure, Ramsey, Ozil, Hazard, Suarez (subs: Lloris, Kolarov, Theo, Fernandinho, Rooney, Nasri, Gerrard, Kompany)

Somewhat Arsenal coloured I suppose, but what the heck!!!! :D :D

61. RC78 says:

My best EPL team so far this season:

Szecesny – Johnson, Metersacker, Koscielny, Baines – Ramsey, Fernandinho, Toure – Sturridge, Suarez, Hazard

7 Subs: Cech, Terry, Kolarov, Flamini, Walcott, Gerrard, Aguero

My best EPL team if all fit:

Hart – Zabaleta, Kompany, Metersacker, Baines – Walcott, Toure, Carrick, Ozil – Aguero, Suarez

62. Congratulations to Nikki Bendtner and his well deserved Ballon d`Or !.

63. arnie says:

Scott Murray in The Guardian, Wednesday 15 January 2014.

“Good news for Arsenal fans. Arsène Wenger has at long last developed a taste for spending preposterous amounts of money, and is preparing another of the club’s suspiciously precise bids, £37m this time, on Julian Draxler of Schalke. The plan is to turn him into the next Robin van Persie, and look how well that turned out. Manchester United may cut out the middle man this time, mind, and buy the lad themselves. Saves everyone a lot of bother and heartache in the long run.”

64. arnie says:

Motning all. Unusually early for me to wake up. Almost middle of the night for me. What a disaster. Whatever happened to the motning crew? :D

65. arnie says:

Fox Sports, Jan 16:

LOOK AFTER YOUR OWN BACKYARD, DANIEL

THINGS are getting tasty in London again as the transfer window brings out the best in cross-town animosity.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy tried his very best to thwart Arsenal’s pre-season bid for Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid by delaying Gareth Bale’s move until the final hour.

It didn’t work then, but Spurs could be up to the same tricks again in January in a bid to prevent Arsene Wenger landing his prized midfield asset – 20-year-old Schalke midfielder Julian Draxler.

Schalke’s midfielder Julian Draxler is a highly rated midfielder. Bundesliga club Schalke acknowledges it is powerless to stop the move if Arsenal is prepared to launch a $68m bid, and is preparing for old boy Lewis Holtby to return to the club on loan from Tottenham.

General manager Horst Heldt said: “We are still hopeful Julian (Draxler) is to stay on at our club. However, there are certain arrangements we cannot change.”

That’s where Levy comes in, according to the Daily Mirror, who is set to veto the move.

Lewis Holtby is the latest wantaway Spurs signing.

Levy could do a lot worse than worry about White Hart Lane, rather than Emirates, as his summer spending spree continues to unravel.

Record signing Erik Lamela’s desire to return to Inter Milan or Ateltico Madrid for game time has been reported for some time; French midfielder Etienne Capoue wants away, and the latest reports suggest Nacer Chadli is suffering from a bout of World Cup anxiety as he seeks game time to ensure his spot in Belgium’s squad for Brazil.

His agent Daniel Evrard said: “His situation is not easy at the moment. The World Cup is arriving, so it’s a problem. For him to play at the World Cup it’s important, so why not a loan? We haven’t spoken to Tottenham yet, but I know there are clubs interested in him.

“There are a lot of players in the same situation who are not in the team and they want to play in the World Cup, so there is a market for a lot of clubs. It’s important for him not to take any risks by going to a country he doesn’t know well.”

66. arnie says:

Metro, Tuesday 14 Jan 2014

Arsenal have held talks over Sebastian Giovinco transfer, reveals agent

The agent of Juventus star Sebastian Giovinco has admitted he has held talks with Arsenal about a possible transfer.

The Gunners are eyeing up a deal for Giovinco this month, with Arsene Wenger keen on landing cover for the injured Nicklas Bendtner and Theo Walcott.

And after reports emerged that Wenger is pushing hard to do business, the player’s agent has admitted that talks have been held with Arsenal.

‘We have had contact with Arsenal,’ said Claudio Pasqualin. ‘It was a request for information about his situation. There was nothing more [at the moment].’

It’s thought that Arsenal want to sign Giovinco on-loan until the end of the season, with the Italy ace keen to play regularly ahead of the World Cup.

67. arnie says:

Giovinco is a right winger.

OK, Arnie, enough supply of rubbish press material, enough of speaking to yourself, shut up now!!!! :sad:

Transfer chat. Very exciting times :-)

Morning all

Draxler isn’t the answer unless someone is leaving.

AW doesn’t want to rock the ship but though they are only rumours there is ever increasing reports that Vermaelem,Podolski and even Santi could leave or be used in swap deals. Sagna hopefully will be tied down and Mertesacker appears to be resigning.
    Hoppefully none of the above three are leaving. Spanish players more than most European players find it hard to settle in London for some reason or another.Santi is my favorite player when played more centrally so hopefully it’s all bolloxs.

Motning Arnie

Do I detect you coming around to the very obvious ie no way will Arsene pass up this opportunity of winning something and not sign some goals? :-)

K
    Why does someone have to leave to accomadate a Draxler if he’d be groomed to play through the middle?

Oh, and I thought Chelsea couldn’t spend money because of FFP, or am I just being silly :-)

M

because I doubt AW would spend that money now, perhaps in the summer

TT suffering from short memory loss and being a realist I have forgotten the points tally I expect us to get.When will you publish the conclusions.

Ah no, this is where you are wrong (and all the others who think the same way) because we have a far better chance of grabbing some winners medals right now than we will in the summer.

He, and everyone at Arsenal with big brains, sniff a massive commercial opportunity. Now is the time to act. Prompted by the Theo injury I grant you.

Ah Chas, I’ve been stalking you.

Hard to answer I know, but how do you rate your chances of getting a brace next thursday. Was looking at flights, and it ain’t easy now, but I reckon will be impossible to get decent ones post ticket allocation?

77. TwentyTwelve says:

Good morning everyone. Kelsey, since I anticipate not having the time to compile the data and write the post until the weekend, please expect the results sometime next week.

In the mean time, I’m keeping the survey open. Please tell your football loving friends and relative about it. I would love to get more diversity of opinion. It’s sort of an experiment in football prediction :)

Micky,

I’d imagine your chances of guessing are just as good as mine.
    They have allocated booking periods down to 10+, so I’d imagine they are expecting to sell out before having to allocate any more.

As a fall back plan watching the game on a big screen, possibly in a beer garden, might be an enjoyable experience.

I think Matt’s mates booked flights and accommodation almost immediately the draw was made!

how dogs drink water……

……how cats drink water…….

Morning peeps.

Micky Chavs are selling….De Bruyne which will fund Matic.

They’ve done the same to De Bruyne as they did to Matic (buy, not use, sell).

Draxler seems the most likely, 22 means he is a few years older than what we have coming through and a few years to under than what we have so gives us the continuity.

Not sure whether we “have” to sell, but I wouldn’t put it past us shifting some players on to balance the books, but doubt they will be first teamers.

The answer my fiend is Blowing in the Park

82. arnie says:

Micky: It is evident that Arsenal are in the winter market. Perhaps Theo’s injury, perhaps the opportunity to win silverware, probably a combination of both.

My points remain: (1) Good if we can get good players, but not the end of the world if not, and (2) unfortunate if the arrival of new faces mean the likes of Gnabry and The Ox do not get games. Hence, I am in favour of back up players in January, not top guns. :D

83. arnie says:

Kelsey: There is some speculation on potential exits, almost as reliable as rumours of players coming in. Two that I found interesting:

(1) Gnabry did not deny interest from Dortmund, but said he is happy at Arsenal. I think he should be, provided he gets to play. Come summer, we shall see.

(2) Barca are making inquiries about Verms, presumably for teh summer.

84. arnie says:

Another one that attracted my attention.

Apparently, Arsenal has been tracking Anderlecht center back Cheikhou Kouyate for a while. It is rumoured that the player did not show interest last summer, but Arsenal have persisted. Senegalese.

I like the show of intent, if it were true. :D

85. arnie says:

Finally, I point to this news item from The Metro not for its news content, but to make us feel very angry with Levy:

Thats it for the mo, back laters. :D :D

I thought the pass from Ozil would be what I needed to send me on my way this morning with a smile on my face but then I saw the picture of how cats drink water. Maybe only cat people appreciate this but as one I thought it was superb.

I find all this stuff about Levy absolute nonsense, it is his PR team trying to elevate his self worth in the eyes of the spud fans.

Holtby stopping us signing Drexler…..fuck off, you bald little non entity.

It is almost as ridiculous as “Levy tried to delay the Bale deal to stop Ozil going to the Home of Football”.

You stupid little man, this is no more than a modern day version of the Emperor’s new clothes; very soon a small child is going to say:.

It’s not the managers fault that you keep sacking it is yours, you useless twunt.

Morning all …… get your dictionaries out, we have a …

……. New post ….. from Reddders :P

You’re on top form LB, but then I’d expect nothing less from a Cat Man. :-)

Arnie
    Sorry, but I can see no point in back-up signings. Neither Gnabry or the Ox are ready to fire us to the title. Yet.

I do, and always have, believe The Ox will be one of our all time greats, just not yet.