What a fine year 2013 was. We were the best team in England during the past twelvemonth, confounding the doom sayers and the “experts” who make a living from sitting on TV studio couches with too-tight trousers and bad haircuts. Now 2014 is a few days old and Gunners everywhere will be hoping for more of the same. Today, for a bit of a diversion, I thought we all might like a bit of fun. Below is a list of quotations relating to The Arsenal, all made during 2013. All you need to do is match the quotes to this list of fine (and not-so-fine) folk: Arsene Wenger, Piers Morgan, Sir Chips Keswick, Lord Sugar, Andrei Arshavin, Per Mertesacker, Ivan Gazidis, Alan Shearer, Tony Adams, Santi Cazorla, Andre Villas-Boas, Harry Redknapp.: All answers are at the end. Good luck. Arsenal Related Quotes of 2013
- “No mobile signal in directors box, assumed was correct. Composed tweet in stand, got sent after game.”
- “Arsenal cannot win the league this season, no way, they haven’t proved anything yet.”
- “I promised myself I would make sure I did things well and, considering the money that Arsenal spent on me, I didn’t want to let anyone down.”
- “What does Wenger see in Ramsey? A complete and utter liability.” (January 2013).
- “We are on an upward spiral in terms of confidence and they (Arsenal) are on a negative spiral in terms of results. To get out of that negative spiral is extremely difficult.”
- “I wouldn’t compare the two squads (Arsenal and Tottenham). Tottenham are much stronger, no doubt.” (August 2013).
- “It felt like the crowd (at Arsenal) was at the theatre – good seats, expensive tickets and they wanted to see a show, not to support the team.”
- “It can’t just be all happiness, peace and pancakes.”
- “Don’t mind and don’t care.” (On being asked by journalists for a reaction to Tottenham being knocked out of the Europa Cup by Basle).
- “Yes there is a poster of Gareth Bale in Times Square, but he no longer plays for Tottenham – he now plays for one of our rivals!‘”
- “I am greatly honoured to have been appointed _______ of Arsenal Football Club. This is one of the great clubs in the game, recognised and loved by millions. I am looking forward to leading the Club to future success.”
- “If they just wanted a figurehead, they should have gone for me. It would have been a better visionary decision.”
Scroll down the page to find the answers ………….
Answers to Quiz:
1. Lord Alan Sugar, after getting Spuds fans all excited about a non-existent Newcastle goal against Arsenal on the final day of the season)
2. Alan Shearer
3. Santi Cazorla
4. Piers Morgan.
5. Andre Villas-Boas
6. Harry Redknapp
7. Andrei Arshavin
8. Per Mertesacker (explaining why he roasted Ozil for not saluting the away fans)
9. Arsene Wenger
10. Ivan Gazidis
11. Sir Chips Keswick on being announced as Peter Hill Wood’s successor as Chairman
12. Tony Adams, responding to the appointment of Sir Chips.