Hull Tigers Tamed?

Who would have thought that Hull Tigers would be in 10th place and in the top half of the table? Justifiably so – any team who can hammer Liverpool (even sans Sturridge) deserve plaudits. – but it should be remembered that prior to this they had lost to relegation fodder Crystal Palace and Spurs.

I had the misfortune to watch the first half of the Spurs game and it is a testament to the human spirit that people didn’t die of boredom.

Of course Hull have an ex-Spurs midfield pairing of Fattlestone and LillyLivermore. Despite being shipped out of Spurs as even more useless than the lemons whom they signed so expensively, they are doing well and Fats and Lilly are only 4 points behind their ex-employers!   Luckily for Bruce’s team they have a decent player in Elmohamady alongside them but I think for the first time in a couple of months we are going to see a large bus parked in the Hull half of the pitch. Expect Hull to play long ball up to Sagbo and then hope to score from set plays.

Bruce chose to play with 3 at the back against the Scousers and it proved to be effective but there is no chance he will do so tonight, especially if Walcott starts.

Unknown

Tom Fattlestone. Pre-Season Training

I am no Hull expert though I have had the honour of visiting the town which rightly has been chosen to be UK City of Culture in 2017.  Anyone who has driven over the suspension bridge and into the green and vibrant city will surely agree.

Stats: Hull have lost 5 out of their last 6 away games, and have won only one of their last 30 games on the road. Arsenal have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 5 home games. Before I get too confident it should be recalled that Hull beat us at The Emirates just a few years back (2008 – tempos fugit!). A repeat would be painful.

Arsenal:  Mr Wenger has already spoken of rotation so who gets rested? Looking at who has played most minutes this season (including internationals) it has to be Ozil, Ramsey, BFG and Giroud. Sagna is out with a hamstring tweak. Do we dare go into an important game with Bendtner and Walcott upfront? Can we drop over half the midfield? I don’t think so …. 3 points against Hull is just as valuable as 3 against Chelsea.

My Team:

a v h

I am averaging 9/11 so far this season but am very hesitant about the above team. The balance of Cazorla and Rosicky may be a bit lightweight and I would love to rest Giroud but think he has to continue until Walcott has game time and Podolski is fit. I hope to see Gnabry get some minutes tonight – it will be the first time I will see him in the flesh because …..

BR is going to the game and will be indulging in pre-game dinner and drinks. See you there.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

156 Responses to Hull Tigers Tamed?

Rasp

To answer your point from yesterday

Who is more effective, a slightly knackered 1st XI’er or a fresh, eager to impress, bright eyed and bushy tailed 2nd XI’er?”

Now to read

Brilliant Raddy. Just love your style. Thanks.

Ok, you’ve answered one key question I had, what kind of team do we expect. Bus Parkers is your answer.

On that basis, I’d start with Gnabry over Theo as I think he’s more effective in tighter spaces, and I’d also start with the BFG alongside Verm and rest Kos instead. Not that I think he needs a breather, rather Verm needs playing time should of the two first choicers cop an injury.

3. Norfolk Gooner says:

Another Raddy special, just one of the good things to come out of two games a week. :D

Wenger has already said he will “rotate a little bit”, Sagna is out so I don’t expect there will be any other changes in the defence, in midfield I think we will see either Wilshere or Ramsey start instead of either Cazorla or Rosicky.

Other than those minor changes I agree entirely with your team selection BR. :D

Enjoy the game and Rasp’s company.

4. Norfolk Gooner says:

Gotta go! Time for a swim.

Here’s what I think AW will do:

…………Sz
    Jenks BFG Kos Gibbs
    ……Rosicky Flamini
    ..Gnabry Jack Santi
    ………..Ollie

6. Räsp says:

Morning all, great start to the day to read another stylish Raddy prematch :)

I’m worried about the focus on squad rotation in this game. One of the reasons for our success has been the consistency of the team selection particularly in the defence. The last time Per didn’t play we lost. We already have the enforced change of Jenks for Sagna, I hope the rest of the defence remains unchanged. Flamini must play but maybe Arteta could be rested. We have to start with Giroud and Theo is a good shout to keep their defence pinned back. I’d also start with Ozil but look to give an early rest if we are comfortably on top.

This is just the sort of game that would be a stumbling block for the ‘old Arsenal’ they beat us last time we played at the Eirates because we sat back and allowed them to come onto us. We must play with the energy and intensity of late, if we do and we don not disrupt the rhythm of the side with too many changes, we should win by a couple.

7. andy bishop says:

I think their top defender Curtis Davies has a ban (also their third top goalscorer). I would play Giroud and Walcott up front to get at them. Sagna is a miss but I bet Ramsey will insist on playing with Flamini missing out. Be surprised if Wenger left Ozil out

8. Good motning all and thanks for the pre match Big Dandy, it would have been cool if you could have made it over to the Marseille game but enjoy your night.

Raspers, I was there when we lost to them last time at Ashburton Grove, 2-1 I believe? Both goals from set pieces, quelle supris.
    I think Phil orange was dancing like a dervish on the touchline when the second went in.

9. evonne says:

“3 points against Hull is just as valuable as 3 against Chelsea”, that’s a brilliant point you made Raddy! For that reason I am not resting anybody, guns firing on all cylinders tonight, no time for complacency. Hull are very capable of hurting us.

Jake Livermore is my son’s client, so I am not going to be too hard on the lad, but I hope he has shocker of a game

Enjoy your trip BR, oh and big thanks for the PM

10. arnie says:

Fantastic read, as ever, Raddy! Have a good trip. Today is a tough game, but with yourself and Micky in attendance, I think we will do OK. Plenty of opinions today about what the lineup should be. Let me put my tuppence worth.

Jenks for Sagna is enforced. Therefore Theo will have to play in my view. Otherwise there will be few deliveries from the right. Especially since I think Ozil may be rested as well. Then, this will be a good test for how well Theo is getting into his groove.

In DM, I think the current formation is Arteta/Flamster and Ramsey/Wilshere. I dont think this will change today. So, I will go with Flamster and Ramsey, not least because, as Raddy discussed the combination of Fats, Lilly and Elmo is a bit potent. So we have to dominate the midfield. Hull’s attack is more right-side focussed.

Then, in attacking MF positions, I would have Jack and Rosicky, to be substituted later by Gnabry and Santi. So, my team looks like this.

…………Sz
    Jenks BFG Kos Gibbs
    ……Flamini Ramsey
    ..Jack Rosicky
    …Theo Ollie

Finally, when the stocks of a city are so high, UK Capital of Culture, whatever, why would one want to change the name? What would an Egyptian know about the market value of the Tiger brand anyway!!!

Great PM Raddy. Enjoy the dinner, drinks, and game. Sorry i couldn’t be there to join you.

12. TT says:

BR, excellent point: “3 points against Hull is just as valuable as 3 against Chelsea.” Having agreed, I still think Arsenal need to rest players, especially given the upcoming fixtures.

Don’t think we need both Arteta and Flamini. Perhaps Wilshere and Flamini instead? I would be more conservative with Walcott. Maybe Oezil to start instead. Walcott comes in later, perhaps in the 2nd half for Giroud, who deserves a rest, if only for the battles to come. Depending how it goes, the remaining two substitution can be to bring out Oezil and give Monreal game time, or to send in more fire power.

Top pre-match BR

And because of it I have changed my mind. I am now persuaded that Hull will try and park the bus and as Micky says space will be tight and furthermore because of that I am not convinced starting with Walcott is the best idea. Better to go ahead and then when they come out a bit more, which will create space, bring Walcott on.

I would go with:

———————–Szezc

Jenkinson Mertasacker Koscielny Gibbs

———-Rosicky, Arteta, Ramsey

———–Ozil, Giroud Cazorla

In other words, I have bottled it.

But I am now convinced that Wenger is going to play Giroud until he drops.

So, in short, get the goal, then make the changes.

Arnie

Sadly, Micky isn’t going.

The more I think about this, the less changes I think Arsene will make, however, our middle five are so interchangeable and fluid, that I can’t help thinking constant interchange is essential. We have a monster month upon us, and while it is absolutely true that all three points count the same, we have to assume that sides like Chelsea and City (who do rotate) will also beat the Hull’s, but be better prepared for the six pointers.

If we don’t do minimal rotation, I can see us showing signs of fatigue against those two.

15. arnie says:

The cold north wind is wafting through. Raddy must have arrived! :D :D

Nice discussion on lineup and strategy today. For me, three main messages:

1. No need to play both Arteta and Flamster.
    2. Rest one of Ozil, Rambo, Jack, or maybe play two of them for one half each.
    3. Sagna is out, even more reason that Theo should play.

I am passionately in favour of 3. I believe 1., but also with Everton weekend in mind, 2. is important. I think we are experimenting with the Arteta/Flamster and Rambo DM lineup, and maybe this should continue. Then, perhaps either play Jack all game, or substitution with Ozil.

I see the value in going all out at the beginning (thanks, Micky). This may be useful if Hull play the part-the-bus game, as Raddy predicted. On the other hand, if they try to play ball, perhaps all out in the final 20 when they have run ragged makes sense.

If Hull play ball, then Elmohammady is somewhat dangerous, and I would like Gibbs to play a bit deeper. In that case, perhaps Rosicky on the left makes more sense, allowing us to spread the game.

Should be a good game. On with the show!!!! :D :D :D

16. arnie says:

Micky: :D and :sad:

I think Theo has to play, and this will necessitate some changes. If at least one of Rambo, Jack and Ozil is not given a bit of a rest, I will be a bit disappointed.

All excellent points Arnie. It will be fascinating to see who Arsene pens down on the team sheet

My attendance record this season is pathetic :-(

18. Räsp says:

Hi arnie, did you receive my email?

19. Norfolk Gooner says:

Brrr, the sea’s starting to cool down a bit now, still I had a good swim.

Lot’s of opinions on who’s going to start, only Le Professeur knows, so we will have to wait and see.

Norfolk

What temp. the sea your way. We’re 12 degrees down here, and although I wear a summer wetsuit, after two hours the chill is beginning to get to you.

Bet you’re a real man, and go in butt naked!

21. Norfolk Gooner says:

Micky, I only said the sea was getting chilly, I didn’t swim in it. I go to a private indoor pool heated to 26c. :D

22. Norfolk Gooner says:

Micky, I’ve just checked the Cromer website, air temp 8c, sea temp 9c. There’s no way I would go in without a heated drysuit. :D

Norfolk :-)

We get the tail end of the Gulf Stream, so it stays a little warmer.

We all try and put off winter wetsuits for as long as possible, as they are very restrictive. You add gloves, boots and hoods as late as you can

24. Norfolk Gooner says:

Micky, I need boots, gloves and a hood just to walk on the beach. The last sea I swam in was the Pacific, off the coast of New Zealand’s North Island. Just Speedos on that occasion.

25. arnie says:

Rasp, replied. Thanks. :D

I thought Nigella looked great when she arrived at court today, ooops is that a bit off topic?

27. Räsp says:

Thanks arnie ….I’ve replied to your reply :P

28. David Stewart says:

I’m uncertain what the best line-up will be today. I always tend to lean towards a settled, unchanged side – espiecally whilst doing so well.

One thing I am certain of is that whatever line-up Arsene goes with tonight it will be well planned and the right one for today and the games ahead.

LB

You deserved the best seat for being in line at 4am

30. Bayonne Jean says:

BR, it’s “TempUs Fugit”, not “TempOs”. Although a flying tempo by the Gunners from the off and throughout would be the appropriate antidote for a Steve Bruce conjuring of a London Underground work stoppage in the Tiger third of the pitch.

Ah, fug it, the Arsenal will prevail!

31. Just seen the stat that we have beaten Hull 8 times out of 9 in the last 9 times we’ve played them – guess who was there for the one time they won ? :(

32. Maybe close to LB for the formation, I’d suggest

…………………..Szczesny
    Jenkinson/Vermaelen/Koscielny/Gibbs
    ……………………Flamini

………………Özil……….Cazorla
    Theo…………………………………Nacho
    …………………….Ollie

We have to give Santi playing time to get him back to level.
    We have to give Moreal some playing time.
    We have to give Vermaelen some playing time.
    We have to get Mesut and Theo to know each other.
    We have to give a rest to Rambo before the big games.
    We have to make use of the creative midfielders.

Özil could be subbed around 60 min by Jack or Arteta who would play alongside the Flame, leaving Santi as the sole AM. Theo could go out at the same time, Gnabry in. Or Ollie out, Theo goes top and Gnabry entering for Ollie takes Theo’s place.

I also read an interesting article a couple months ago suggesting that the best way to play Özil and Santi would be to have Özil on the left and Santi in the middle… Made a lot of sense when I read it and I’d really like to see it tried. Maybe not with Ashanti’s current form… Though gaining back his position could boost him ?

33. But then, they play a 3-5-2… Maybe not the time to change the 2 DM for 2 AM…

34. Errr, not Ashanti, Santi…

35. Actually, shame on me, I had forgotten Little Mozart… In place of Nacho. Too many midfielders in this team :D
    No squad depth my arse !

36. Something for trhe surfer dudes we seem to have on here early in the motning

This is near where I’ll be in a fortnights time.

37. arnie says:

Arsene is unconcerned by TV pundits doubting his side’s title challenge.

“I’ve enough experience to analyse what we do and how well we play. I don’t need someone else to tell me.”

“I take anything from anybody. I just try to analyse whether he has a point or not.

“Sometimes it’s just someone saying their opinion without an argument on something that makes sense.

“If it’s something based on hate or love, or just gut feeling then I just say: ‘OK, it’s an opinion. He might be right, he might be wrong.’

“Often he doesn’t sustain his opinion by some work he has done to support that argument.”

“What is changing are your minds, not ours. Until now I was never asked about the pressure because it was always thought it was an accident that we are top and it won’t last,” he said.

“Now that it’s lasting a bit longer, people start to think: ‘We have to consider them a bit more seriously.'”

38. dhakka09 says:

excellent write-up BR

I’d like to see Wally given a go from the start but that’s just me.

And did anyone else notice that the red marks on gigantic belly of Tom Fattlestone looks exactly like Pizza-Hut sign? lol

And the latest post from ‘Brain’ and not ‘Brian’ lol. Are you even for real?

39. dhakka09 says:

Ooppsss…. I seem to have addressed a troll (already kicked out) without even realizing it. Though in my defense, he was more of an online-spammer than a troll ;)

Well done BR – another corker.

Enjoy the game. I’ll be watching from a bar in Los Angeles (having arranged my work schedule very carefully :) )

41. Räsp says:

Evening guys , on my way to the game, peaches is not around today so start sorting out amongst yourselves who wants the honour of writing the match report :)

“having arranged my work schedule very carefully”

And yes, I’ll take that as a personal dig :-)

Wow arnie, I was just about to heap praise on you for a particularly adroit and sensible comment at 4:21 until I realised you were quoting AW,

The trouble with saying so is it makes it seem as if I were implying that you do not make sensible and adroit comments! :-)

As if. :-)

BR another of your famous pre-match Posts that stirs the adrenaline and heightens the sense of anticipation.

Thank you Oh Mighty Guide Master. :-)

Shucks – I have killed the blog, again!!

Adios, amigos. :-)

Blimey RA, you talk to yourself for a mere 7 mins and think you’ve killed the blog. Shows what a man of steel I am, as for me an hour solo is nothing :-)

47. arnie says:

Redders: There were many Arsene quotes on the web, and I chose this specific one for you guys, so it legitimizes my claiming the praise. In addition to Arsene, of course. :D :D

48. arnie says:

OK, off home guys. Not deserting, but trying to ensure I dont miss the game. :D :D Back on AA soon.

Oh God, it’s 6 o’clock. Rasp and Raddy will be ordering MY kebab :-(

50. dhakka09 says:

Ugh….. Bendtner starting; I guess Giroud was in red-zone and this was much necessary. The Dane needs to grab his last-last-last chance at Arsenal with both hands; a redemption on cards today?

51. Manthan says:

I want Jenko to perform well. He is decent player less match time took his confidence away.. He is one of us.. #Gooner

Wow at the lineup.

That’s more changes than I’d like,

Bench looks good tho

53. Manthan says:

GIE Yes bench looks very strong and morover I am happy that monreal getting his chance..

Sz, Corporal, BFG, Koz, Nacho, Scissor hands, Ramsey, Ozil, Rosicky, Cazorla, B52

Subs, Fab1, Verm, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Walcott, Giroud

55. Manthan says:

Scissor hands lol..

Bendy eh.

Well, I’m delighted Ollie is getting a breather.

I am sure the trio of Mozart, Mesut and Santi will be able to manoeuvre around the very biggest of buses.

Off to find me stream. Back at 45.

Oooops.
    Come on you Gunnnnnners

60. dhakka09 says:

Goddamn Bendy…… and they say we lack quality on bench, eh :p chuffed

61. arnie says:

how about that? Bendyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy……

62. arnie says:

Bendy should have scored again…. this is looking tasty, already!!!!

63. TT says:

Wenger made a brave call with Bendtner. Did any of us consider him today?

64. arnie says:

TT: No, I suspect none. :D :D

65. arnie says:

Great shot Rambo, great save

66. arnie says:

TT: For me the clearest indication that no striker is coming in January!!!!!

67. arnie says:

Suarez hatrick against Norwich, already. Chelsea up 2-1 against Sunderland

How’s it going? Haven’t gone to find stream yet….1st minute goal and the handbrake?

Just checked BBC live stats

Shots 11-9
    Possession 74%-26%

70. arnie says:

OK, first half done, half the job done …. Bendy, what a start!!!

Great half of entertaining football.
    Popping outside for some fresh air :-)

72. TT says:

Maybe, arnie. Or maybe this is putting B52 on display.

73. Right in place for second half stream….as Micky watched whole of first half i’m guessing more thoughts are in order for tomorrow :D

74. arnie says:

GiE: Micky has gone ruminating over a fag, or is it a cigar!!!!! :D :D

75. arnie says:

Did you see the goal, GiE? I almost missed it!!!!

76. arnie says:

TT: maybe, I just have this gut feeling ….. mind you, I would not be so unhappy about it!!!!

77. dhakka09 says:

Bendy may not have silky feet of our mids but, dare I say it, he’s better than our handsome French block in air.

78. arnie says:

d09: I am happy for him, and Arsenal as well, of course!!!! His hold-up play was also decent today. :D :D

Arnie
    I missed it, buggering about through rubbish streams.

TT
    LB did mutter the word Bendy

Exile
    Getting one match report, ok feelings, out of me per season is one too much. I do however recommend anyone else doing feelings though :-)

81. What a pass by Rambo, good finish by Özil

Now THAT I saw :-)

What a ball from Ramsey

83. I feel like Ramsey should be giving a speech like at the end of Rocky IV….”If you can change…and i can change”

Great atmosphere. Improving with every game.

Theo and Jack on.

Arsenal have a weak squad :-)

And now just Arteta coming on
    Oh dear :-)

87. Very much job done. Nicely done too.

Chavs just scraping by the odd goal in Sunderland, Everton finding an away win at OT…Martinez doing something Moyes never could :? Spuds drawing with Fulham away.

Going to be another good night, but the best thing about being 4 points clear is…..it doesn’t really matter how the other results go if we keep marching on :D

88. evonne says:

ha ha ha ha, Moyes still hasn’t won at Old Trafford :)

89. Eh Evonne? They beat us :?

Excellent
    Oh and Utd 0-1 Everton ROLF

91. Spoke to soon 2-1 Spudders

Loved the fact that we can make some changes and still play stunning football.

Really enjoyed that, and a superb game and atmosphere for that bloke from Denmark.

Well, both of them :-)

93. arnie says:

fantastic, absolutely fantastic!!!!!!

Micky: :D but some feelings will still be great. and we say the magic word as well. Please ….

94. evonne says:

GiE – when Everton visit United you silly :)

I liked how Ozil linked up with Ozil

Must dash. Children to find and put to bed. Wife away and I forgot about them :-)

Another great result tonight.

Although it concerns me that after their win at Old Trafford, Everton’s confidence will be sky high making our task there at the week end all the more difficult.

Did Bendy play well?

Damn Chelsea another own goal gives them all the points.

Evonne,

You said ‘I liked how Ozil linked up with Ozil’ — Que? :-)

98. arnie says:

Redders: Bendy had a decent game, particularly given the fact that he hardly gets a chance. One goal, could (should) have been another, I thought hold up play was good, fell back to provide muscle in the midfield, unfairly at times, but good spirit!!!!

99. arnie says:

Yes, a draw at Old Toilet would have been better. I guess Rooney did not have a good game, he has been their saviour this year.

arnie,

Bendy had all the attributes as a young player – pity he lost his way. :-)

101. arnie says:

Moyes: “I’m very disappointed. We needed a bit of good fortune and we didn’t get it. … It’s a big catch up for us now.” :D :D :D

102. arnie says:

Jenks: “We defended well and when we go forward we always look dangerous. We kept another clean sheet and if we do that we are going to win games. We did very well offensively and defensively.”

I thought Jenks was OK today. Gave the ball away in defence a couple of times, but had a big role in the first goal.

103. Räsp says:

On the way home exhausted but happy, I’ve had a great evening with Raddy – anyone volunteered for the match report?

104. arnie says:

Redders: On Bendy, sadly it is true. But playing him today was a big statement of purpose, of confidence in the full team, not just the first eleven. I was telling TT earlier that it may also be an indication that no striker is coming in January, or at least no first team striker. If this were the case, I would not be too unhappy. As most of you guys have said, it is the team that matters and a striker coming in January may not have time enough to blend in.

105. arnie says:

Rasp: well done you guys. Micky said no, something about only one set of “feelings” per season, having to put kids to bed, and wife away. Not very convincing.

GiE did not watch the whole game, neither did I. No volunteers so far. How about Raddy? :razz:

106. arnie says:

We can do a pre- and post- comparison, like those before and after ads? You know, weight reduction, hair treatment, etc., types? :razz:

If this was a game of poker, I would be saying: read em and weep guys, read em and weep. Lol

December 1, 2013 at 7:21 pm
    I expect Walcott, Rosicky and Flamini to start on Wednesday with Wilshere, Ozil and Arteta moving to the bench; we could even have something as radical as a start for Bendtner.

1. Räsp says:
    December 1, 2013 at 7:41 pm
    Nah, we have to start with near our strongest side on Wednesday, it would be dangerous to underestimate Hull.

I will write something. Long night ahead for me.

109. arnie says:

Fantastic, LB. Well done, you. I think you were the only one who considered a start for Bendy!!!!! :D :D :D

110. dandan says:

N5 You can now listen to test match special overseas on this official site…http://t.co/Qr6odEqMDd

111. arnie says:

Wenger, on whether Bendy has a part to play this season: “Of course, that all depends on his commitment and his fitness and he has worked hard recently. When he is physically sharp, he can compete with anybody.”

“He had a good performance, he has the quality. I believe in his quality and when he has that commitment and attitude his quality shows.”

Micky
    You have the last laugh.
    After carefully arranging my meetings to be free in time to watch the match, the meetings over-ran; I got to a pub in Santa Monica with half an hour to go – they had a power failure; then I got to the other pub in Santa Monica that shows English footy and managed to catch the last 15 minutes…

Harrumph :(

113. @dandan 10:35pm – assuming that you meant me when you put in N5, how could know that I am a cricket fan as well as a Gooner? Thank you for the link by the way, I have been using a Private VPN with a UK endpoint and then linking to TMS BBC website.

@RockyLives, 11:03pm have you tried the NBC mobile app? It works pretty well, even on tablets and mobiles.

114. arnie says:

AAers from across the pond: does wiziwig work from the US? How else do you watch Arsenal games? Is any network showing most of the games over Christmas/ New Year? Just planning for my holidays, which will be in the US this year. Cheers. :D :D :D

115. dhakka09 says:

“Wenger admitted afterwards that he had taken a risk – but he is a gambler on a hot streak right now…” – Independent :D

116. dhakka09 says:

arnie: dunno about the wizzying stuff, I watch the matches mostly online-illegally (à la Robin Hood style) ;) but sometimes at a downtown sports-bar. I’m sure you’ll find better ways to watch them than me, good luck :)

117. Bayonne Jean says:

Arnie, here on left side of pond NBC Sports Network carries all premiership matches either on their over the cable TV network or online. Yesterday for example with nine premiership fixtures scheduled virtually simultaneously they opted to show the Moyes family match on live TV, which meant we needed to select the Arsenal Hull game from their online menu. So far when Arsenal is available only online we’ve been lucky to have good feeds, so it’s been OK.

If you’re over here during the holidays best way to take in matches is to locate a Gooner bar; the Arsenal US website lists places by state which show the matches. Go-to place in NYC is the Blind Pig on E 14th St between 2nd and 3rd; overflow site is Clancy’s a block away.

Great to see BR, Rasp and GM before the game.
    Bendy, what a lethal weapon, eh?

Micky,
    You’ll be pleased to know that BR stuck rigidly to the away boys code that ‘what happens in Dortmund, stays in Dortmund’. :)

Chas

I bribed Raddy to get his silence and to destroy the videos :-)

That came across as an amazing atmosphere. True?

Jenks for Bendy
    Rambo for Mesut

Rasp, as you already know.
    Both 100% bona fido assists of the highest calibre.
    Rambo’s was another ‘how the feck did he see that pass’ moment. :)

The crowd did seem up for it.
    I’ve no idea why being Top of the League is having such a positive effect.

Must shower. Back in ten.

Just gone back through comments, and seen that LB has volunteered.

LB
    I hope you enjoy doing them, as I have stated many times before, I think it’s wrong for this site to become an obligation, and the biggest hurdle is always the match report. Last time I raise this, as I’m the only one who seems bothered. I did a feelings simply to help out and show that one doesn’t need to do a blow by blow account.

I was merely trying to ease the burden of this match report saga. LB has stated that it takes him three hours :-(

Chas

Damn I love that commentary. Brilliant.

Utd now 12 points behind. When you consider that this is the same team that walked the league (with the addition of Fellaini!) it is fairly staggering.

Those Moist comments in midweek must have helped Martinez.

Someone tweeted that the best thing to have happened to Everton in recent times was Ferguson retiring. :)
    Moist has gone from being a highly respected ‘done a great job on a tight budget manager’ to being the man who turned the mancs into Everton. How peculiar.

It is 11 years and 47 league games since Everton won at one of Old Trafford, Anfield, Stamford Bridge or away to Arsenal.
    Martinez’s predecessor David Moyes could not end the hoodoo and one quote from the current United boss especially rankled with his former supporters when he replaced Sir Alex Ferguson.
    “I remember going there as a manager. You want to get out of Old Trafford alive, that used to be our saying,” Moyes said in July.

Should be good on Sunday. Looking forward to it already.
    Must go. Laters.

Raddy
    Are you on email or just mobile?

Chas
    Agree about looking forward to Everton (although not sure I’ll see it), but really can’t wait until Chelsea and City games.

131. evonne says:

I expect R$P to be charged with a murder of a little boy soon :)

Evonne
    Did he play last night? Seen a few comments here about him, but I’ve got no idea what’s going on. Has he said something? Injured?

133. evonne says:

Chas- Bendy is a lethal weapon, nobody expects him to score so he moves freely. He was good last night, just ran out of steam quickly.

Theo linked up with Ozil well, mind who wouldn’t? He is just sooooo brillilant. The commentators were saying that our players know intuitively where a team mate would be. i think that they don’t, pass and presto, Ozil pops up where needed. He knows intuitively where others may pass. Genius.

134. evonne says:

Micky – he is enjoying a groin injury. He said nothing, he doesn’t need to. And what could he say? “I am a twat.”? Yes Robin, you are

You’re so right Evonne.

Our midfield is brilliant to watch, and even better, just how interchangeable the players are. Some rotation here, some substitutions there, but it makes no difference. The transition is seamless and the rhythm uninterrupted.

136. evonne says:

Gareth Bale – 9 appearances this season, rating 7.66
    Aaron Ramsey – 18 apps, rating 7.92 :)

AND Real Madrid 3rd in La Liga, Bale failed to lift them

you better than Bale, you better than Baaale
    Aaron Ramsey, you better than Bale.

137. evonne says:

Question for the gurus – how good would we be without Ozil? We were very good at the end of last season, but this time round we are awesome. How much of it can be contributed to Mesut?

Evonne
    You’ve come out of the blocks all guns blazing this morning :-)

Morning all. Watching the highlights last night seemed like Moyes set United up to be far more attacking than they did against us. But a centre midfield pairing of Fellaini and Giggs looked absent every time Everton broke.

Only managed that and the Chav game before succumbing to sleep.

Maureen said something like “we played the most beautiful football tonight” he played Mata and Hazard. Wonder if they’ll try and play beautiful football against us?

LB when I saw our team my first thought was Wenger had provided the rope for his own execution, but Bendtner silenced that thought inside a minute.

I was impressed in the second half how many Giroud type runs Bendtner was making out wide to create space for midfield runners.

Özil has an unbelievable ability to find space, he just walks somewhere receives a pass in 5/6 yards of space….so good to watch.

140. evonne says:

yes Micky, couldn’t sleep and was thinking about last night’s game.

GiE – the downside of our brilliance is that it is ever so boring to watch other teams’ games, they all look awful :)

Morning All

Really enjoyed my evening with Rasp and the boys. And Arsenal :-)

MUK. Both. Got your phone message and will reply later.

North Bank were singing ” He scores when he wants, Niklas Bendtner, he scores when he wants” :-D

143. TT says:

chas @6:30, I might add that Rambo pass to release the Corporal down the wing on that 1st goal sequence was another brilliant pass.

144. evonne says:

TT – save yourself time and list Rambo’s passes that were not so brilliant :)

145. TT says:

evonne, :lol:

146. Räsp says:

Morning all, great to see Raddy, chas and ant and GoonerMichael last night.

Obviously a very satisfying result and nice to hear the crowd singing for Pat Rice again.

The only thing that surprised me was that we did not sub Özil when Jack came on. He looked knackered . He seldom played 90 minutes for Real Madrid. I can’t see him being rested for the Everton game but he will need a break soon.

Micky – re your 6.38, I absolutely agree with you that we don’t need a full blown match report. Your ‘feelings’ about the game a couple of weeks ago was perfect and that is why I have often asked for player ratings or some comments about the game for a post – it’s all we need to kick off the chat.

Anyone that goes to an evening game should not be put in the position to write the post – except 26may cos we know he doesn’t sleep – and all credit must go to LB for stepping up to the plate.

Basically we always need a post following a game and it seems to be the one post that people don’t want to put themselves up for which is understandable, no-one wants to have to write about a poor game. Is there an answer?

I was unable to go to the game and know very little about it so I am looking forward to LB’s post.

148. Kitoshi Ito says:

I sit in West Stand Turnstile S Block 132 Upper Tier Row 2 Seat 1124

I sit just behind you in row 4

Peaches

Finished.

151. evonne says:

i sit at home in front of the telly and sometimes behind the sofa

That’s funny Evonne.

153. We have a New Post ……………..

154. arnie says:

Evonne: Behind the sofa when the opposition attacks, which is seldom, or when Szcz goes for a save, which is even more rare!!!! :D :D

Motning all. Thanks AAers from across the pond. This is the third time I made the request and the first time I got some responses. Why are people so defensive about watching games “illegally”? It is an act of passion!!!!

Nice banter all. Enjoying, taking it all in. Winning is becoming a bit boring. Peaches, I will be happy to do a match report first time we lose net, provided of course that I got to watch the game!!!! :D :D

155. arnie says:

Peaches: why are the comments off? :sad: