The Arsenal Rover’s Revenge On Cardiff

Cardiff. Hate the place.  I lived there in the late ’80’s and was visiting my daughter who was in Cardiff Royal Infirmary. I had parked my vintage  ´60’s Rover P5B in the underground carpark and it was stolen, only to be found burnt out not more than 800 yards from the hospital. An act of pure vandalism which has coloured my view of the city ever since.4374975717_b12ba8fb7d_z

Hope whomever torched my beauty suffers eternal damnation (mine was British Racing Green)

Anyway … enough of my personal angst. We play a hopeful Cardiff side today, fresh from a totally undeserved draw with United, they were cock-a-hop and understandably so. This is why I love football – it is so uncertain; we were by far the better side at OT and lost to an off-the-shoulder number from a traitorous cheese-eater. Next week the same team lose two points to a promoted side who cost less than MU’s bench.

No doubt the Cardiff fans will be expecting a similar or better result against our heroes. Could they repeat the defeat of the Northern Oilers? Possibly.

Cardiff have beaten Arsenal twice since 1927! Not a great record though as we haven’t played them in the PL it is difficult to be too triumphal.

Much is being made of Aaron Ramsey’s return to his home club. He hasn’t scored for two games and will be desperate to end his barren spell :-)  Captain of Wales and the best player to come out of the province since John Charles (… of course he is better than  MonkeyBoyo, HairyBoyo Giggs, Madboyo Bellamy, ThickBoyo Rush or FatBoyo Southall), Ramsey is on fire. Not just his goal scoring but his all-round play. I am never impressed by yards run during a game- if it were an indicator of quality we should play Mo Farah – but it does show how involved he wants to be and it is this drive which makes him special. Same with Jack or Flamini or Sagna – they want the ball.

At this point let me show you the interior of the Rover P5B 3.5V8 ……….

images

Can you see why I was upset?? (mine had black leather interior)

On another point, can I say how happy I am that TPIG has signed a long-term contract and Merts is in discussions. We need to develop the side and not allow another Fab 4/BSR situation to re-occur. A settled squad is vital – just look at the mons down the road (Mons = Disaster. Derives from 1st WW).

Cardiff: Good but not great players. Among their big summer signings was Andreas Cornelius , a huge 20 y.o. Danish Unit of a centre-forward. Cornelius has been injured but is due to return today. He cost a club record fee of €10m from FC København where he was so popular that over 40% of the shirts sold had his name printed on them! The man is strong in the air and swill usurp our stupid Dane in the national team. (p.s. there is another superb Dane coming through,  Viktor Fischer a left winger at Ajax, for whom a huge future is predicted).

Well organised, very fit, strong in spirit and team-ethic Cardiff will push us but we really should beat them if we find some form.

I will make a prediction: If Malky Mackay stays Cardiff will stay up, if , as is predicted, he leaves for Fulham or Norwich then I am afraid we will return to having just one Welsh club in the PL.

Arsenal: All about team selection – who gets dropped? Arteta and Gibbs are both fit and in the squad, but both Monreal and Flamini were superb mid-week so how can AW drop them? After the debacle that was Santos last season it is such a turnaround to have two brilliant LB’s. How to keep them both satisfied when both have significant chances to go to Brazil IF they get first team games  – very difficult for AW because if Monreal is dropped then what does that do to team morale? Why should reservists bust a gut to get a chance and then when they get one and play an almost perfect game only to be dropped …… you get the point.

Away from home I expect both Arteta and Flamini to start but that means dropping one of our attacking MF’s – actually more than one with the return of Theo.

This is my guess:

cardiff v arse

But, the team could equally include Rosicky (who has been fantastic) Wilshere and Cazorla! The return of Theo to the team will give us more Thrust.

Do you think we can take three points from a team lying in 15th place, just 3 points off the drop zone? If we are to be contenders then the answer must be yes, and it is only that Cardiff have done well against the Big Boyo’s that theres any apprehension. On the other hand they have lost to both Spurs and Newcastle.

It is getting cold and thus time for our heroes to start wearing lycra undergarments and gloves. Not like the old days ….

ecsImgMP_1071826-4046354125516125699-1535797

Bobby Gould training at Highbury when men were men

written by Big Raddy

198 Responses to The Arsenal Rover’s Revenge On Cardiff

Rasp. I am overwhelmed to receive my own banner – such an honour.

I would like to thank my family, my long-suffering wife, my agent and of course my producers. My make up assistant,, chauffeur, personal shoppers, but above all, you the readers.

2. Räsp says:

Morning Raddy, I’ve decided that we’ve been accused of being ‘cliquey’ (is there such a word?) so many times that we may as well personalise the appearance of the site to acknowledge the work of our ‘star authors’

3. Räsp says:

Back to the PM. My dad had a Rover Coupe, fantastic car, built like a tank with leather upholstery and burr walnut trim – a gas guzzler that only took 5 star. When we went to Scotland on holiday we had to drive many miles just to find a garage where we could fill the tank (they were mostly only 4 star) – but at least we did it in style :P

Back to the football. Despite your unfortunate car incident, Cardiff are a team that deserve our respect. I like their manager – very dignified in the face of provocation. If we play our game we will win and that in some ways will be a more significant test against manu than when we played them – a game in which we deserved no less than a draw.

4. dhakka09 says:

Fantastic pre-match Big Raddy. I bet your car is smiling down upon its loving owner from car-heaven.

On to the match, I wish Wenger doesn’t start with both Flamini and Arteta in this match; against big away teams, it’s understandable but vs the teams we are supposed to beat, it just takes away more of the attacking impetus than desired. I read somewhere that Cardiff are second-least fouling team in EPL this season and allow most shots on goal too. That would indicate we don’t really need two shields in front of defense and can use some added creativity against the team that allows such high number of shots.

Rasp. Thanks.

Like the Headline as well :-)

In those days petrol was cheap enough not to worry about the 8 mpg!

My respect for Cardiff City FC will soar if they lose today!

D09. Good points. I agree we should be proactive and play an attack minded team.

Love this post Raddy.

You start with the story of your fabulous motor ending it with “Anyway … enough of my personal angst”. Then some football stuff, and on to my favourite bit, where for no real reason you slither in “At this point let me show you the interior of the Rover P5B 3.5V8″.

Just brilliant.

Ooh, I feel your pain, that was a nice car, never drove one but always wished I had.

Love that picture of Bobby Gould, look at that little fence that runs round the pitch. The banking in the Clock End seems so shallow.

I must admit to having some feelings for Cardiff. Here’s why.

They get some new owner who thinks it’s ok to change their home colours. It is just about the most outrageous piece of footballing self indulgence I can imagine, and even I would have started a protest group.

LB

Ha ha, true about the little fence. Looks like something suburban houses may have around the garden to stop the gnomes escaping :-)

11. Gooner in Exile says:

From memory that little fence was actually waist height, it was just the pitch was higher than the stand…..or was it just when i stood in front of it i was small?

Craking pre match Raddy, and your own banner….very nice one too…top work Rasp.

I’ll be happy with three points however they come today, they will be up for it and we need to make sure we have got Tuesdays stroll out of our system.

The only difference in my guess at Wenger’s team today is that I expect Cazorla to start with Walcott coming of the bench again but with the choices available we are moving into National Lottery territory and all the possibilties that go with that to get the winning combination.

About team selection. Does anyone think Arsene would ever rest Ollie?

Is he waiting for a fit Podolski, or simply that Ollie starts each and every game?

Lovely post Raddy. Very sorry about your car. as for the team selection I too would be happy with either Gibbs or Monreal. AW needs to work out the best way to rotate them so they both get adequate games without suffering burn-out. Maybe he will give Monreal back to back games and give Gibbs an extra breather. There is an argument for not over rotating in certain positions but with our 2 LFB’s I don’t feel it is an issue and that both can drop in and out of the side without much disruption.

I would give Walcott a start today to get the extra pace and goal-threat into the team. I also think Ollie is better with a quick player that can get past him at times. I would actually give Ozil a breather in this game though. He has played a lot and I don’t see any problem with him being on the bench today. I would play Jack who also gets stuck in more in these tough physical away fixtures. He can alternate with Ramsey between the ACM and wider position. With that line up how great is it to have a bench that still has Rosicky, Ozil and Cazorla on it alongside Vermaelen and Gibbs or Monreal. No strength in depth eh.

BTW, lovely round up yesterday Norfolk. I didn’t read it till late yesterday so didn’t comment then.

I re-watched the Arsenal – Tottenham game last night.

The team was:

———–Szezc

Jenks, Mert, Koz, Gibbs

—-Ramsey Wishere

———Rosicky

Walcott, Giroud, Cazorla

We played very well indeed, and Tottenham were average at best, the commentators were still questioning Arsenal’s ability to get into the top four.

Wilshere was playing very well as covering midfield before he had to go off and be replaced by Flamini which was his first time back in an Arsenal shirt.

Yes, we were very good, deserved winners, Giroud was MOTM; he worked tirelessly.

I can’t see him being rested today but it is going to be very interesting what happens when he finally is.

The Ollie Conundrum.

Can you drop a player who cost so much money? What would Stan say?

I think he will be rested at home to Hull and back for Everton

Excellent, BR.
    Micky told me you had a big, old Rover.
    It’s such an interesting fixture today.
    Let’s hope our strong away form continues.

Here’s that little Clock End fence, showing the ditch in front of it. The view from almost below pitch level must have been pretty ropey but being at the front must have made up for it.

Apologies for my part in engaging the troll last night. Again I thought we’d made progress in perhaps, getting him to change his ways, but then again, I’ve always been deluded. :)

Bobby Gould can’t have been that much of a man….he’s got long sleeves on! :lol:

Stroller is 69 today.

Last one before I clog the site up too much.
    I really like this USAsoccerguy stuff on twatter.

20. dhakka09 says:

About the possibility of resting Giroud vs Cardiff, I reckon it might be too risky against an opposition who are strong performers vs big clubs at home. Arsene may be more open to Theo leading the line at easier home game vs Hull in mid-week where he can get behind their defense at the end of all the through balls he’ll be supplied with. What do you folks think of that? Aye or Nay?

21. arnie says:

Raddy: This is a classic, even by your big standards. And what a banner as well!!!

On the team, I would probably play one of Arteta/Flamster (probably Arteta – disciplinary action) and Wilshere. Wilshere deserves to play. He is continuously improving, and having the form of his life.

Disjointed thoughts today. I have friends who frequent that Glasgow pub, also some play music there. Luckily, only 1 dead, but have to find out whether my friends are OK.

Apologies for engaging the troll, but I think we did this in a fair way. Normally, I would not engage, but when he started using Cockie’s alias, I got annoyed. I wrote to try and alert editors to remove his impersonated posts, but that did not work. Then he insulted Evonne, which got me even more angry. But, Chas was trying and I thought I should take it to its logical conclusion. But I agree with Chas that perhaps there was progress. If it does not work, I will never try again. Promise.

Rasp: Are we sure there is only one troll?

22. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, Happy birthday Stroller, may your handicap forever remain in single figures.

Great pre-match BR, I feel your pain, my beloved MG ZT gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago and has departed to the great scrap yard in the sky.

Confidence should be high today, following the mid-week win, I would like to see Walcott start and play for maybe sixty minutes rather than come on for the last thirty.

arnie. There is only one troll but with many alias. Please don’t indulge him/she/it.

BTW it is not true that LG have managed to ban him completely – they have the same problem we do. Hopefully he an move onto Arsenal Station’s blog where he will be welcomed.

24. Räsp says:

Hi arnie @ 12;32, we have one main troll and are visited periodically by others. They’re all the same on nature and none deserve response

25. arnie says:

Raddy: Love your car, fully understand your anger and sentiments. A thing of true beauty, indeed. I have a friend whose father had a 1940s Rover which he remembers from his childhood. He now lives in the USA, but whenever he finds a similar model some where in the UK, he goes to have a look, a touch, and hopefully a drive. Since he does not have a driving permit in this country, I have to do the driving to wherever the car is. Sometimes, it is boring, but always a great pleasure when the the “thing of beauty” appears.

Many, many classics in here, but my current favourite is: MessiBoyo Ramsey, MonkeyBoyo Bale, HairyBoyo Giggs, Madboyo Bellamy, ThickBoyo Rush and FatBoyo Southall. An absolute gem!!!! :D :D

26. arnie says:

OK, received, loud and clear!!!!! I think the best way to deal with the troll is not to stay away from AA in his/her/its presence, but to continue conversation ignoring the troll.

27. arnie says:

St Andrews day celebrations cancelled in Glasgow. We were planning to go, but now all the more reason to find a stream and watch the game. Should be a good game.

I quite like Cardiff.

I was there about 30 years and had a great time. We went on a brilliant pub crawl through the city centre, got plastered, then we saw some weird bloke park a car and walk away so we waited til he’d gone then jemmied our way in, hot-wired it and torched the bugger :)

Oh… come to think of it…

Splendido pre-matcho BR

My only thought on team selection is that all of the various suggestions made by the well-informed commenters on this site seem pretty good to me. Which must suggest something positive about our squad :)

This one’s for you BR (least I can do after that little misunderstanding over the Parp Parp):

31. Line ups are in:

TPIG

Sagna, BFG, Kozzer, Gibbs

Arteta, Rambo, Wilshere, Ozil, Cazorla

Giroud

32. 10 out of 11 Raddy, guessing these rumours about Jack carrying a niggle are far fetched…..or his comments were aimed to make it difficult for Arsene to drop him?

Anyway I’m pretty happy with the line up.

We will see who out of Jack, Rambo gets asked to play wide today.

I think I would be inclined to sit Arteta deepest, Jack and Ramsey taking it in turns to join in, and Cazorla and Ozil roaming.

33. By the way Usmanov’s comments being reported today on the BBC.

Made me think, if a club was 30% owned by say Pensions Investments Unit Trust (Robbing Bastards :( ) PLC would anyone report what the chief exec of that fund manager was saying?

Thanks Rocky but that is a terrible song!

Thanks for team news Exile. Great looking line up.

Best I go and see what our deputy leader has been saying :-)

I like the line-up but surprised JW isn’t starting. Perhaps AW is waiting for a home game on our perfect pitch

Rocky
    Re the car torching incident. There’s a part of me that can’t help thinking that hippies kinda got what they deserved for their loose moral stance on..errrr, well everything :-)

Ooops, didn’t see Raddy lurking in the shadows :-)

Back for KO

40. dhakka09 says:

Raddy: you say JW isn’t starting? He is, unless by JW you mean, Jehovah’s Witnesses :P

DK . I meant TW :-D

42. arnie says:

d09: You are lurking in the shadows. I wanted to respond enthusiastically to your spitting match suggestion, but I am a bit scared that the big guys (led by Raddy and Rasp) are not too amused. :razz: shhhh

Evonne, dont blame me for being generous, I was just trying to learn a lesson in kindness from you!!! :razz:

On to KO.

Come on you Gunnnnners

44. arnie says:

dazsports seems to be good

45. dhakka09 says:

arnie: To know I have your back is enough; its the thought that counts. We were feeding trolls and its considered bad (I was once caught feeding M&M’s so Rhinos in the zoo and was reprimanded, poor Rhinos) So, all good. On to the match :)

46. Bloody close….no goal threat that lad :D

47. Nasty one for BFG……his head on Sagna’s head :(

Raddy.

Absolutely lovely! And the Post is great too. :-)

49. dhakka09 says:

a brain-fart by Ollie :(
    Silver Lining= hopefully he’ll learn to play to the whistle in future

50. I reckon Ozil touched it surely its the only reason he stops?

Welsh Messi …………..

52. Rambooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

53. dhakka09 says:

Ramsey, you beast, Get In there :)

54. arnie says:

Ozil assist

Score with our first attempt on target. Super header as well.

56. arnie says:

Fantastic goal. Cardiff dangerous on the counter, though. Should have been 2-0 ahead by now

57. Bayonne Jean says:

Could all who question Ozil’s value please crawl back in your holes….

58. arnie says:

ok, 1-0 ahead at half time, job half done

Excellent half

Right I’m watching on Setanta and it sounds like the idiot Robson is co commentator.

He is complaining about our high line at set pieces and that Cardiff players and us as a result are running at our own goal.

So far not one delivery has been played deep enough to be over threatening, drop 5 yards and they would be able to make our 6 yard box, drop 10 and the delivery will land on a head in the six yard box. For me it’s a case of doing our homework. (It’s also as i’ve said many times before (and even wrote a post on the subject a couple of years back) exactly how I would ask my defence to defend set pieces, you leave the area for the keeper and if someone scores from 12 yards out with a header you applaud it.

Real hunger about getting the ball back high up the pitch, made easier from the fact full backs aren’t over committing and therefore no easy out balls.

Basically Wengers been reading my comments and tactics. Next week full on rotational front 5.

GIE. I recall you making that point about a high defensive line at set pieces and clearly so does Mr Wenger.

Some of our pressing play has been excellent but I would like us to get an early goal and settle my nerves.

63. By the way 1 goal is not enough with Mason in the middle.

Can’t listen to the idiot Robson – going back to the Danish commentators!

Brilliant save from TPIG

66. dhakka09 says:

TPIG earned his salary for the week

Not enjoying this half. We need to get some decent possession again.

Linesman have been awful all game.

And time for Walcott on 70 mins

68. Mason is a prick….how clear was that a deflection and he just jogs away!

69. Räsp says:

We really need a second goal :?

70. Robson has nothing good to say about Arsenal ever

71. dhakka09 says:

We need Walcott in the pitch off the bench, asap

72. Räsp says:

There was an example of Ozil being blocked off the ball – I mentioned this in the week, it’s a foul but refs don’t give it

73. dhakka09 says:

why is Arsene not making changes? this is getting absurd, boys are getting tired

74. dhakka09 says:

I expected Theo. If he doesn’t get minutes, how is he efficiently going to potentially replace already tired Giroud in mid-week? Wake up Arsene.

75. dhakka09 says:

Arsene shutting up shop bringing in Monreal, lol :)

76. Those long sleeves haven’t affected him :D

They’re now his “lucky long sleeves” :-)

78. evonne says:

that Ozil is something different altogether, love him
    2 nil :)
    7 points clear
    1st

79. Räsp says:

Incredible through ball from Ozil for the goal.

80. They are dulling the singing form the Arsenal end on Setanta…there’s a company trying to promote an agenda.

There seems to be a fire drill going on in Cardiff right now

What a peach of a ball from Özil

82. Thank you away fans…. i thought so :D

83. Hahahah Robson moaning that Mackay set the team up wrong……..was good enough to beat Shitty and draw with ManUre…..maybe we just dealt with the environment and their threat better you absolute banned word!

84. Rambooooooooooooooooooooooöööööööööööööööö

85. dhakka09 says:

Szczesney is my MOTD for today. Came up big whenever asked big questions of :D

86. dhakka09 says:

MOTM*

87. Dhakka i think i agree with you, not the first time he has pulled off some fine stops when the game was in the balance this season.

Every player put in a shift today and it is diificult to pick one out.

So the team are my MoM

Scratch that……. Of course Ramsey was MoTM. Apart from the goals he made at least 3 other chances,

Everton looking strong. Will be tough next Sunday.

Unbelievable. Fantastic. Extra long and satisfying post match smoke :-)

Saturday for Everton Daddy :-)

Raddy,
    Every time I refresh, your car flashes past. Is it the same as the one in Withnail and I? I think it is, which begs the questions:
    1. Did you live in a squat
    2. Did you take masses of drugs
    3. Did you rub yourself all over with deep heat when cold
    4. Did you drink a huge amount

Three out of four yay’s for a pass :-)

Damn, we’re piling the pressure on the chasing teams

95. Hi all

That was a little ‘squeaky’ for a time but then look who comes rushing through to steady the nerves with his shirt sleeves rolled up – The Flamster :)

96. Don’t forget you two – Micky and Raddy, that Everton is on Sunday.

Great commentary, shite picture.
    Does anyone know exactly what Aaron’s hands above his head gesture means? Obviously thanking the Cardiff fans but I can’t quite work it out.

WHAT?

Off to Arsenal.com

Bloody love that bloke Chas :-)
    Right, fixture check

100. I did tell you weeks ago and you said it was ok ………………

peaches,
    The words memory and goldfish come to mind. :)

Not funny Chas, this is massive shitballs :-(

Sorry, Micky. Have you booked train for Saturday?

Thanks, GIE.
    Trust Ramsey to know that.
    bsr could learn so much from him.

No Chas, but I have booked a plane for sunday!

I’m not talking about this until I’ve had a think. Time to resume enjoying today.

We could be an awful long way ahead of either Spuds or Utd by this time tomorrow :-)

107. I’m hiding behind my – I’m not asking you Micky, really – banner that Rasp made me ………….

Did anyone offer to write the post for tomorrow in celebration of us getting another three points ………. ?

109. Ramsey had a bit of an Eduardo moment ….. applauded by both sets of supporters.

Peaches 5.11

Didit ????

112. It`s a shame about the Trollvestite named sniff`.
    Something to do with the rectum shit rolled spliff.
    And with a brain to match his todger so small.
    Go easy on him just castrate the one ball.
    Last seen kicked by Wenger in the warm-up at Cardiff !.

Peaches

I will be able to do something.

Write when we’re winning you only write when we’re winning

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

LB :-)

How good was that?

For 30 mins it had me very nervous and had TPIG not made a superb save we might not be so cock-a-hoop (whatever that means).

Nonetheless, another clean sheet and further evidence of how good our defence has become. 10 goals conceded in 13 PL games and if we take out the AV anomaly – 7 in 12.

116. dhakka09 says:

You may all accuse me of lying but I swear it’s the truth. The thing is I was watching Flamini highlights if his time at Milan yesterday and there were 1 or 2 rocket-blaster goals there. Was wondering when/if he would do anything similar for our colors too. Ko and behold, he scores, lol.

Moral: encourage me to watch old youtube videos of our players. You never know, I may have sprinkled some magic dust through telekinetics ;)

117. dhakka09 says:

excuse the grammatical errors :(

119. The original meaning of “cock-a-hoop” as a verb was a bit livelier – “to drink without restraint; to celebrate drunkenly.”

The most popular theory is that the “cock” of the phrase is the spigot on a keg of ale or liquor (“cock” being a term for “spigot” since the 15th century, possibly referring to the resemblance of a spigot and tap to the head of a rooster). To “cock-a-hoop,” in this theory, originally meant to remove the spigot and place it atop the keg (“on the hoop”), allowing celebrants to drink directly, and without restraint, from the barrel. One of the problems with this theory is that names of pubs featuring other things “on the hoop” (“Falcon on the Hoop,” “Angel on the Hoop,” etc.) were common in England during that period.

But basically no one knows as it originates from mid 17th Century

120. That`s because ( as you can see ) I`m a Muppet !.
    Anyway, you should feel honoured !. I`m one of the only ones willing to talk to you !. hahaha

Between you and me……..did you celebrate any of the goals going in ?….or did you throw a hissy fit, screaming and stamping on the floor like a spoilt brat ?.

November’s always bad. :)

You could be right GIE.

We still use the term ‘stop cock’ as the way to turn off water in plumbing. So ‘cock’ could be the abbreviation.

Beer barrels have metal hoops around them to keep them leak proof – so your theory holds water!! lol

Oh, and we whopped Cardiff!!!! lol

Well that was fun.

We are getting good at soaking up pressure periods.

How many times recently has Szcz made an outstanding save when we are either level or one up? He is becoming easily the best ‘keeper in the Prem.

Sorry chaps, those explanations for cock-a-hoop are very disappointing. I was expecting something much ruder :)

126. I could do that Rocks, as I am the master of such wit !, but I wont, as you will get me into trouble you swine !. hahaha

Arsenal game of the day on Sky now.

And today’s performance goes a short step in the revenge of BR having his car stolen.

Match report in drafts, it must be time a glass of red.

Yes, probably best not Cockie… :roll:

130. Thank you LB, enjoy your glass of red :)

131. VCC says:

Rocks….7:50…..Could not agree more. What a Keeper we have performing between our sticks. Long may it reign.

132. VCC says:

peaches…..GLASS!!!!!!!!!!! I’m just finishing my bottle (Merlot)…….Great result today.

Getting a bit boring this top of the league and winning games. All draws tomorrow please and we will be six points clear….I’m loving it :)

Rocky what I liked most during the spell where Cardiff were trying to exert pressure and the fans were trying to get behind their team was how calm we were.

Robson said “now we will see if Arsenal can defend”.

Big ROLF at that.

135. dhakka09 says:

Can we win the league?
    Where are we? Top of the table? We absolutely can; in Malky Mackay’s words, not exactly rocket-science, is it? :)

Wake up, wake up everybody

It’s snowing :-)

Morning Micky.

I’m abit peeved as Sky plus stopped working last night and failed to record MotD. I always watch on delay so I can fast forward the guff in between football. Obviously I always want to hear the pundits say Arsenal can’t win it.

After other teams have gone to Cardiff and succumbed to the pressure from set pieces our apparently questionable defence managed to keep a clean one at set pieces and corners. Will there be some positive chat about zonal marking?

Snowing?

Grey, grey, grey here with a hint of darker grey coming from the West

Duuurrrrgggghhhh. I get it now

Exile
    I’m delighted pundits effectively keep ruling us out, but I can’t imagine that will last much longer :-)

Oh Raddy,
    Have just sent you an email. I’m not ruling Everton out until Monday when I’ll see if plans can be changed. Unbelievably, there are still one or two tickets on general sale, but the exchange will kick in soon.

Just replied to your email.

Have you taken a look at the PL table? I am still in shock ….. it looks brilliant doesn’t it,

The MOTD “highlights and analysis” were brief to say the least. They seemed to forget we had Podolski.
    I’m sure Danny Murphy kept saying “zola” at the end of Cazorla’s name.
    Les Ferdinand added a unique brand of clever insight, though. :)

We haven’t played anyone yet, that’s why the swingometer has us in the Conference.

Just in case I’m not the only “utter knob” (as Raddy now likes to call me :-) ), I suggest someone changes the fixture list on this page from Saturday to Sunday for Everton :-(

Chas,

On one stream I watched for a while yesterday, we had a right back called Baccaari Sanyer :-)

As for the Swingometer, you know full well that had we already beaten Chelsea and City, we’d be staring relegation in the face :-)

This is Steve Bould saying “what a ball” when Mesut makes the pass for the Flamster.

I’m sure it was a very affectionate use of the term “utter knob” :)

I think the fixture widget should be replaced with this……

Our games are changed all the time, it’s far too much work to maintain.

No, I think this time he really means it, as opposed to driving on the wrong side of the road, speeding, and hiring an inadequate car :-)

Micky – from now on you will always be Micky UK :-D

Micky UK Of course I don’t mean it, though in this case it does seem an appropriate epithet

MOTD don’t know how to spell the name of the future of English football. Still at least there’s no ‘t’ in it.

Trouble is with these changes is that some really really organised people put meticulous plans into place months in advance, in order to prioritize a game at The Emirates.

Best become slack and all last minute, I guess :-)

Micky,
    Best leave your plans until after Sky and BTsport choose the next round of televised games, maybe.

157. evonne says:

I have a question for you Micky, the formation expert – what was that all about yesterday? I couldn’t work out who was playing in what position Except for Per & co, and Szczesny they were all over the shop! I am not saying I don’t like it – the opposite, always thought that exceptional players should be able to play in many positions. But you, must have had kittens

Good news about PR.

evonne. It is called “Total Football” or as one of our old friends called it “Total Arsenal”

162. evonne says:

and the second question goes to the ‘not played the big boys’ crew – what if we lose to the big boys? ManU with their formidable 89 points lost to Shitty, Chavs, Norwich, Everton and Totts.
    I recon that even if we lose to the ‘big boys’ but avoid draws we will win it no problemo.

The only game that is important is Hull on Wednesday.

Raddy
    UK :-)

Evonne,
    Exile is very much the tactical bollocks man for the serious footballista.

Me? No time for all this freedom and liquidity nonsense, and it will always be rubbish in my book even though it’ll win us the league this season by a country mile :-)

165. evonne says:

here we go, the voice of reason! I can think of even more important game than that – kick off at 12 today

Feck, what’s that snow???

Chas @ 8:28

Way too mature a comment for this site :-)

Don’t panic Evonne, it’s on your screen not in the house

168. evonne says:

thanks Micky, I would never work it out myself :)

ha ha ha ha ha, mature chas, oh ha ha ha ha, joke of the day :)

Cautious optimism, ask dandan.

Evonne Murphy highlighted the freedom of the movement on MotD post match, showing how Giroud, Ozil, Jack, Ramsey and Cazorla were always in different places. The fact they are all comfortable being in the variety of positions is what makes us dangerous. (Not so much Olli but he brings others in and then makes room)

Now here’s a question……can Theo or Pod do this? Can Rosicky, Gnabry and Ox?

Evonne
    That Chas bloke will be growing a beard soon. He shall call it his Wise Look, and wear it to impress the Ladiiiiiees

Mature like a particularly stinky roquefort

The ladeeeez like a beard that tickles.

175. evonne says:

stupid dogs, how not to love them :)

Gorgeous doesn’t need a beard, he needs to put on weight! But how can he when Ant eats all his sandwiches?

GiE – I always try to concentrate and watch the team movement within set positions, but yesterday I just gave up, they were flying from all the directions, complete chaos :) I’d say it is a nightmare for the opposition

Watching that video illustrates the total football idea.
    He always pop up in different positions.
    Every blade of grass. :)

177. evonne says:

that is nuts, but ever so enjoyable :) I giggle sometimes when I watch them passing like that :)

Here’s LB’s advent calandar.

That’s my kind of advent calendar.

Mine too – just missing chilled whites.

181. LB – are you working on the post still? It says you are ……….

Peaches

Finished, it’s ready.

183. Thanks ……. back in a couple of minutes …………

184. We have a New Post ………………..

185. arnie says:

Motning all. What a lovely feeling. Warm glow the morning after a fantastic game. This guy Rambo is a big hero. His image in my mind became double because of the respect he offered to the Cardiff team and fans. What an idol!!!! Everyone is a product of their own history, and this history should be respected!!!!!

Micky had me fooled as well. Looked out of the window and thought: b***gger, no snow here, those guys are having all the fun!!!! :D :D

186. Wonderful article! This is the type of information that are meant to be shared around the web.
    Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this put up higher!
    Come on over and discuss with my website . Thank you =)