The Weekly Arsenal

First of all an apology, I’m sorry but force of circumstances prevented me finishing the week before last’s news round-up, Peaches was kind enough to do it for me, and for failing to produce last week’s at all. Various situations have now been resolved so here goes with the next edition.

Friday:

A quick shufti at the morning papers revealed the most positive piece of news…“Walcott set to return from injury”. “He has not played even a reserve team game, but I will put him in the squad on Saturday,” said boss Arsene Wenger. “He’s completely fit again.”

Now that’s what I call good news! We’ve missed Theo’s pace and his ability to get behind defenders.

Both Aaron Ramsey and Jack Wilshere were back in full training after interlull injury scares.

Wenger revealed that Tomas Rosicky had been ill and would be assessed later but could be in the squad. Remarkable news about Abou Diaby, he could be ready to play as soon as March. Whether or not that’s March 2014 was not made clear.

Saturday:

First vs Third at ThoF, a big raspberry to both Sky and BT Sport for not showing the game live. “I think I have proved a lot of people wrong”.

Aaron Ramsey speaking to Julian Wilson in the Telegraph revealed his quiet satisfaction at confounding his critics, chief among them being Piers Morgan who described Ramsey as an “utter liability”. “People are quick to jump on players who are not doing particularly well, I think I proved a lot of people wrong, hopefully made them look a bit silly because they knew what I was capable of before my leg break and then were quick to criticise”.

Arsene Wenger “I’m not against buying in January. I don’t say I never made a mistake – I certainly made some”.

Thierry Henry is training with Arsenal, our record goal scorer is maintaining his fitness levels during the MLS close season. Could he get into our present first team squad? If so could Arsene sign him on a short term loan deal in January? He’s done it before.

Sunday:

“Giroud double sends Arsenal four clear” The BBC’s headline says it all for me. Artur Boruc’s laughable attempt to dribble the ball around Giroud presented our striker with his first of the afternoon and a tug on Mert’s shirt was enough to bring a penalty which Olly put clinically past Saint’s Pole in goal.

There’s not much doubt that the doubters are being put firmly in their place and being served up large portions of Humble Pie. I’m lovin it!!!

Monday:

A quiet day on the Arsenal News front, no dramas, no contentious decisions to discuss, no pundits writing off our chances of trophies, no calls for the Owner, board of directors and manager to quit.

Speaking on http://www.arsenal.com Arsene Wenger said of Saturday’s victory “This win shows we are ready for a fight when it didn’t go as fluently as we wanted,” said Wenger. “That is the most pleasing thing. We were tested by being challenged for every single ball and we responded quite well.

“We always had the focus and I could never feel that we eased off. They made it very difficult for us.

“We could see a good togetherness to help each other out,” Wenger added. “We knew that we were sometimes in trouble and you felt that they were ready to fight for each other.

“That is the solidarity level that was needed. It’s very important.”

You just can’t argue with that.

Santi Cazorla issued a timely warning against complacency before Tuesday’s game with Marseille, speaking to the London Evening Standard he said:- “The main problem I see is everyone thinks it’s going to be an easy game for us to win, There is nothing at stake for Marseille because they have zero points but they are going to make things difficult for us. It may be tough and if we’re not careful we might slip up and then we might not be able to get through to the next round.

“We need to understand it’s a vital match, If we obtained a bad result then it would make things very complicated for us to go to Napoli and win there.”

One other tit-bit of news, not strictly Arsenal related, but I couldn’t resist it. Skinny chicken plucked, stuffed, trussed up and roasted after Hugo Lloris has an Artur Boruc moment.

Tuesday:

Team news ahead of the Marseille game was pretty positive, Arsene Wenger announced that :- “Everybody from Saturday is available and of course Flamini is available as well because he’s back from suspension”.

Naturally there was some speculation concerning how Marseille would approach the game, their record in the group, standing at played 4 lost 4, suggested they only had their pride to play for. As far as Arsenal were concerned it was vital that they should go all out for a win in order to avoid any Napoli Nerves in the final group match.

Ladbrokes were offering odds of 4 to 1 on for the home win, 5 to 1 against a draw and 9 to 1 against an away win. Meanwhile Borrussia Dortmund were 7 to 4 on to beat Napoli.

Wednesday:

The day dawned grey and damp but that was only the weather, Arsenal fans were rejoicing after another satisfying win in The Champions League, 2 – 0 against Marseille, a brace of goals by “Cracker” Jack Wilshere, the first after only thirty seconds, meant that even Ozil’s poor attempt from the penalty spot could be safely overlooked. Mersut later made up for his transgression by laying on the sweetest of passes for Jack to score his second.

It emerged that the Dozy Dane had been at it again, Bendtner was arrested in the early hours of Sunday, he was later charged with criminal damage after the door to the swimming pool, in the apartment block where he lives, was damaged. Bendtner was issued with a Police caution and released. Arsenal have “reminded” the 25 year old of his responsibilities.

Thursday:

Our former player and Assistant Manager Pat Rice has been admitted to hospital suffering from cancer. I’m sure all members of the Arsenal family will join me in wishing Pat a full and speedy recovery.

It was reported that the BFG was in talks with Arsenal over a contract extension. 27 year old Per Mertesacker who was close to an agreement on a contract that will keep him at the club until 2017 said. “I’m very delighted here with the club, especially after the first year was tough for me, a very tough challenge”. Sign da ting Merts.

It’s sad but true that some tabloids exist just to make trouble, when there is nothing detrimental to say about Arsenal they will pick on the slightest thing. According to that paragon of journalistic rectitude, The Mirror, Arsenal fans are outraged at Mathieu Flamini for cutting of the long sleeves of his shirt prior to the Marseille game. Shock! Horror! On the day when match fixing in the English (lower) Leagues rears it’s ugly head, this sorry excuse for a newspaper can only find a story about shirt sleeves to report.

That’s it for another week AAers thank you for your patience.

Norfolk Gooner

137 Responses to The Weekly Arsenal

Superb round up and an excellent read, thanks for taking the time Norfolk.

2. arnie says:

Morning all. Bright and crispy morning here.

Wonderful. Friday is here again, and so is Norfolk’s wonderful round up. What a wonderful feeling. Let me savour this for a while. Back later.

3. arnie says:

Raddy: I dont get your disappointment with yesterday’s vote. Two quick points.

First, Arsenal has tradition and style, heaps of it, and one must sustain these. What is not said explicitly is that Arsenal, like any other great club, is feudal in its structure. Like any good feudal lord, the management in Arsenal therefore should be benevolent. That is part of tradition as well. Benevolent towards subjects (erm, players, fans, society, etc.) particularly in matters that do not matter so much. This is. in my view, part of our TRADITION as well.

Second, you have to agree that this was a trivial matter really, but also that the rebels ran a really good campaign ( :razz: ) counterbalancing the fantastic arguments made by 26may in his post ( :D ).

Sorry to go back to yesterday’s discussion:

Flamster obviously doesn’t suffer in training when wearing long sleeves.

And as I didn’t get to add more of a tuppenceworth after my early interjection, I will say again.

It’s about conforming to be part of a team, the most important thing in a football squad that everyone is treated equal even if they aren’t. First it’s not conforming to this tradition, then it’s turning up 5 minutes late for training, or ten minutes late for match meets, or not obeying curfews etc.

I’m not saying that Flamini would do the other things I’m suggesting others would find their own rules that they dislike and then break them, when does someone decide which rules are trivial and not.

Heard a story about Cantona turning up ten minutes before kick off for a testimonial dressed in jeans, t shirt and trainers. Everyone in dressing room expected SAF to go mad but he ignored it.

Next testimonial couple of weeks later, Cantona arrives everyone is waiting to see if he dates do it again, he turns up club suit and trainers. Next one he was dressed like everyone else.

Cracking round up Norfolk, such a nice end to the week, and now with your own header at the top of the page……I hear Rocky may go on strike until he gets a similar billing…perhaps RockyLives Monday Exposé although some readers may get the wrong impression :D

7. Reddawn says:

I find the subject of a footballer’s attire quite amusing. For instance, no one seemed to complain when Thierry Henry wore his socks higher than anyone else in the team, yet he was not really conforming to the Arsenal standards. One way of getting round the problem would be to have a zip inserted near the top of the sleeve, allowing the player to make his own choice of sleeve length without damaging the shirt. Sorry if this sounds a bit pragmatic, but why not?

8. 26may1989 says:

Thanks Norfolk, good stuff.

On the Dozy Dane, it does sound like something and nothing, and likely the police were only called (and the press informed) because Bendtner has some obnoxious and officous neighbours. Although it was sensible for Bendtner to accept the caution in order not to prolong the story, had he refused, my guess is the police wouldn’t have prosecuted. Still, NB does seem to attract these things – had it been a one-off, that would be different.

I’m delighted to see the Flamini Scandal continues to draw comments! LB will be rolling his eyes, once he gets back from whatever long distance ride he’s on. Exile, Raddy and I are of one mind on this major issue: Flamini’s not bigger than the club’s traditions, however small and silly they may seem. Reddawn points to Henry’s penchant for socks-over-the-knee. She could also think back to Graham Rix’s shirt back in the 1970s and 1980s, which was often scruffily hanging down over his shorts. There must be many other individual sartorial habits we could refer to. But the point is there’s no tradition around those things, but at Arsenal there is on shirt sleeve length. Forget those habits, and we’ll be just like all the other clubs in the PL – is that what we want??

All right, I think even I have exhausted the sleeve length thing now….

Thanks Norfolk, top notch.

The real news is about Pat Rice. The man deserves a wonderful retirement and a front row seat to witness “His Arsenal” fulfil its promise and win leagues and champion leagues. I demand the Gods grant him this.

That vote from yesterday was rigged. Commies like a good rigging. Anyone whos met Rasp knows he has the look of Lenin about him. Add a little goatee and its the man himself.

Arnie looks like that che guevara bloke. His attempts at a fake Scottish accent dont fool me.

10. 26may1989 says:

Completely agree re Pat Rice – an Arsenal man to the core, and a local boy to boot.

11. arnie says:

26may, Raddy, GiE, Micky, Shard, and everyone else in the ATTIRE TRADITION camp: Good discussion, thank you all. Every inch of sleeve length fully utilised/ exhausted. Time to move on!!!! :D :D

Norfolk: once again, fantastic, as ever. Theo back is good news, Poldi on the verge apparently, good again. Return of The Ox is delayed, very sad, but he may still be a big part of our campaign in the second half of the season. A bit sad that Gnabry cannot get more than 20 mins in most games because of some silly money we have to pay for every lengthy appearance, I really like the guy. Diaby return rumours, well, let us see!!

And the small matter of Soton and Marseilles. Very happy for Jack and Monreal. Giroud, Rambo, BFG, Szcz, Kos superb as well, Sagna, Rosicky, Gibbs good. Nothing much to complain about.

Fantastic week overall. Thank you Norfolk for the reminder of what a good time we are having. Except, of course, the news about Pat Rice.

Excellent NG
    I find myself really looking forward to these end-of-the-week round-ups.

Very funny point about how some journos seems to think “sleeve fixing” is a bigger story than match fixing!

Oh, and never feel the need to excuse yourself for having a pop at the Tinies :)

13. arnie says:

TMHT: I dont have a Scottish accent, I am a migrant who happens to live in Scotland, and enjoy the good life here. Enjoy a good banter, particularly if matters Arsenal and single malt are involved. :D :D :D

arnie,for someone whos just admitted there an International commie, you sound like a good guy

Next time your down for a game let me know and I will buy you a Malt

15. arnie says:

will do, Terry, will be good fun!!!! :D :D But not a commie, so you may be a tad disappointed!!!!!

16. 26may1989 says:

Terry, with all your talk of international commies, you sound like John Wayne.

17. evonne says:

26m – can you really imagine John Wayne sitting in a bath with his mother shampooing his hair???!!! Nay, Terry is the one and only for sure

NG. Thank you another reminder of what great times we live in as Gooners. Might be rubbish come May but for now, let’s celebrate!

Moving onto the thorny subject of tradition, I have been a commie, I have been a conservative and I am a bleeding heart liberal, but throughout it all every Arsenal player has followed his captain’s wishes re: sleeve length.

Was never a problem until a pesky French fella gives it large. The same bloke who left us in the brown stuff in order to get an extra few thou a week.

Guillotining is too good for him :-D

19. arnie says:

Raddy: If you were my captain, I would follow! Respect. :D :D

I have been a commie, am a liberal, but I like good old-fashioned feudal traditions. Of the type Micky wrote about yesterday. The oak-panelling, the Director’s box, the “Pomp and Circumstance”, etc. I seriously think good old-fashioned benevolence is part of the deal. Children are children, give them a candy floss once in a while, when it really does not matter that much. As well as a good old-fashioned stick, when necessary (rewind: after the BvB home game). I really think this is one of those cases where Arsene should (and will) handle with kids gloves …. :D

Somehow, Terry appears to be a transformed former commie, the 70’s bearded, commune, slogan shouting type …. :D :D He fits the bill, honest, including the incredible hair wash story!

Hi Guys,

Good round up NG. :-)

I am disappointed to have missed the Shirt Sleeve caper, but it is never too late to nail my whatnot to the mast.

Let’s not get led into thinking this is about the length of shirt sleeves or a player’s ‘rights’.

This custom is all about showing respect to the captain and his authority over team issues.
    The captain has customarily made the decision about a number of things, including the teams shirt sleeve length for a match on any given day.
    All the players should respect his decision. End of.

I understand that Tony Adams used to ask for a show of hands on the subject and usually went with the majority decision, as was his prerogative, but only when it suited him. :-)

If Flamini cannot subsume his personal preferences in order to respect the captain and for the benefit of team togetherness then he should ship out.

26M, as is his wont, is quite right in saying this is unlikely to be a contractual matter, but I think Flamini will toe the line now, as to defy Mr Wenger would be very foolish, and totally unnecessary.

21. arnie says:

Redders: Agreed. Let us find out what the captain on the day, BFG, felt about this. Who are we to blow against the wind!!!!! :D I agree Flamster will toe the line, but if he has a justified point, he will also be allowed a half sleeve by the captain. Not a big deal, after all! A little bit of benevolence helps! On the other hand, if he is a pain in the ****, Raddy’s guillotine will be perfect!

Arnie,

Feudal? Really? :-)

Arsenal is a modern well run business, bounded by statutory law and corporate ‘best practice’ and not based on some long forgotten political system from the middle ages where serfs had no rights.

23. arnie says:

Come on, Redders, its all a shade of grey, is it not? Well run business, yes, employee (players) rights, maybe, “pomp and circumstance”, certainly. It is clear as mud. Ultimately, it is effective man management!!!! Please dont let me wind you up!!! :D :D

arnie,

Compromise is fine and wholly to be recommended normally, but if those who know the facts, and none of us bloggers do, suspect that there is any insurrection detected from the Flamster, there would and should be no quarter given to the culprit and he should be flogged around the fleet before being keel hauled.

I love a bit of keelhauling but unfortunately I think he will be a good boy. :-)

25. arnie says:

Redders: Yes, 100% with you on this. :D :D

26. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good day AAers,

Thank you for the nice comments, and wow! my very own Masthead. I’m truly flattered.

I’ve just checked yesterday’s poll and it’s 68/65 in favour of Flamini be allowed to wear short sleeves. As they say in Parliament “The Ayes have it! The Ayes have it!”.

Fear not, arnie, I do not think you are trying to wind up anyone. That is not your style. :-)

Feudal maybe.

28. arnie says:

Redders: :D

NG: Good fun, great banter, oh how I love Fridays!!!!! :D :D :D

They must be cross ayes then Norfolk. :-)

What is that saying about trying to run anything by committee?

Thank goodness Arsene has it under control. :-)

Sadly I have to leave this den of iniquity. America is calling.

Until the morrow good sirs! :-)

31. Norfolk Gooner says:

RA, I think it was something like “a camel is a horse designed by a committee”

Will the traditionalists call for a re-run of the poll? :d

arnie. Children: You, as a man of experience and wisdom, know that much of what is wrong with the young of today is caused by my generation’s inability and desire to instill discipline, hence the Me Generation.

Thankfully, Mr Wenger is not one to spare the birch.

Keel-hauling would satisfy.

33. arnie says:

ha ha, Raddy: Spare the rod and spoil the child! I love that!!!! :D :D dont worry, Flamster will be “sh**ting bl**dy bricks” when he is called in to the 1 to 1 meeting!

34. arnie says:

NG mentioned this in his roundup, but just in case, this evaded attention: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11670/9048484/

35. evonne says:

Norfolk – I hope you keep copies of the chronicles of the season that may turn to see the Arsenal’s winning a double or even a treble. Your brilliant prose could be worth a bob or two! In a meantime you get nothing but big appreciation from us, thank you!

36. arnie says:

Following on from GiE earlier, here is one from AFC webpage:

Thanks, NG, for another splendid news round up.
    Are you related to John Craven, at all?

I still find it preposterous that anyone can think that forcing a player to wear a sleeve length he doesn’t want to, can be regarded as a good idea and a tradition which must be upheld or anarchy will ensue.

Giroud is not even told to keep his sleeves down for the team photo so it looks like he’s wearing short sleeves! What is the point? :)

chas. Wouldn’t it be dull if we all though the same way :-)

Yep, no comments on any blogs anywhere. :)

BR,
    Are you now saying Flamini should have the right to think differently? :)

Is it a new tradition or were Cliff Bastin and Alex James allowed to differ because they were top players.

Haha, I don’t think there was such a thing as a short sleeved shirt in those days.

43. arnie says:

Chas @ 4:50: ha ha, love that!!!!! :D :D

44. mustafa says:

Wenger’s past his sell by date not in terms of being a coach as he has always been tactically naive in that department, but past it in his attitude in fronting up people, he has no zest and folds to easily when under pressure.

45. That reminds me ……………………..I mustafa crap !.

46. Arsenal need a massive cash injection and a new Manager to insure their status as an elite club. Half baked measures will consign the club to the dustbin of history.

47. arnie says:

Sniffer ……. mind the Avatar!

48. Wenger supporters are totally deluded. Ask yourself this…the board always insist money is available, if it wasn’t Wenger should protect his reputation and admit his hands are tied, apologise and resign on the basis that the board are liars and he is being hung out to dry.
    The fact he won’t indicates either the board will back him and it’s his decision not to spend or he is in it for the money alone which also makes it his fault. So basically it’s solely his fault therefore you Wenger boys wake up smell the starbucks, get real and stop kidding yourself. Numpties.

49. I can see why you blog like this as you mustafa inferiority complex !. An Arsene look-a-like Mustafa season ticket around your gaff, where he Mustafa regular dogging session with your missus/girlfriend/doll and you only get a sniff at the leftovers !.

50. Didn`t quite understand that……..let me just take my cockie out of your mouth….now speak !. hahaha

51. arnie says:

Cockie: once you have taken it out, shove some fresh crap in, better speech will emerge!!!!

52. arnie says:

what did you say? you want it both ways, do you!!!!! Bugger off!!!!

53. Fcuk me….you still going on !. Obviously, the learning difficulties centre has an open evening and your carer has only just got around to putting his Arsene fist puppet on !. Hope you`ve got some Mental Strength !. hahaha

54. arnie says:

And here is the counterfactual of short sleeves taken to the extreme:

:wink:

55. evonne says:

what is ‘an halfwit’ :) someone cannot write dah dah dah da

56. evonne says:

Armoury – seriously, how can you think it is a good thing that Wenger might not sign a new contract?
    You are a young man, not that young not to know that we never had a better manager than AW

er Mertesacker
    about an hour ago
    Getting ready for Cardiff – good training session today and hope Jack keeps the Cardiff defenders as busy as me today

Yours / #BFG / Per

What I don’t understand is how anyone can be happy with knowing that the whole world thinks you are a w*nker.
    Banned from LG, ffs.

Have some pride, Sniffer.
    Admit you love it when you are abused because that’s what ‘s happened all of the way through your life.

Right, enough feeding the troll. Bye

61. chas

A conundrum !. He gets a hardon knowing the world think`s he`s a w*nker and then has a w*nk !. He could fcuk up the space time continuum and end life as we know it. Just one sniff is all it takes !.

hahahaha, banned from LG, hahahaha, tell me your kidding chas?

Hows it going Cockie?

65. arnie says:

ha ha ha, Chas. Hilarious!!!!! :D :D

Terence,
    Yep, banned for being too negative for LG.
    Almost impossible to imagine.

You posted that the other day.
    Is it from Piers Morgan’s autobiography?

hahahaha, incredible chas, but very very funny. hahahaha

Capital ‘M’ , small organ.
    Ring a bell?

70. dhakka09 says:

As much as I’m tempted by dimwit trolls to get down to their level and participate in sling-mud competition, there are far more important and better things to comment on.

Firstly, when Pat Rice fights cancer off and is back to good health, he deserves to be hoisted by our boys at the end of this season and lift that Premier League trophy in recognition of all he has done for our club. Best wishes to him :)

Secondly, congratulations to us for helping make Flamini-sleeves the most closely competitive election we’d had in a long time. I voted for allowance of short-sleeves only under the presumption that long sleeves may negatively affect his concentration and/or focus, making it detrimental for us in the pitch; if that’s not true, tradition still rocks and I concur with Flamini for the guillotine :P

Lastly, Arsene needn’t prove his loyalty to the club by signing a contract asap. His long service to the club are proof of that. In fact, we, the supporters, should be even more glad that he puts so much pressure, expectation upon himself and sets a goal in order to convince himself of deserving a new contract instead of signing it at the earliest possible chance. This alone proves our boss has more class than all EPL managers combined. His love for Arsenal is as obvious as the sky is blue and grass is green; he will do what’s best for the club in due time. Now stop fretting over it ;)

PS: An enjoyable read as always, NG. Keep them coming.

71. arnie says:

d09: super…… :D

dhakka,
    You are 100% right.
    My apologies, really off now.
    ‘Night.

73. evonne says:

is Armoury the old troll?? oh ffs I thought he was real

74. arnie says:

Apologies, everyone, for feeding the troll. I got a bit mad when Cockie was impersonated. :razz:

I dont get all this Giggs crap

When I turned 40 they held a party. I wasnt invited, they were celebrating its a year closer to my death

He slept with his brothers wife for christs sake. I wouldnt dare try that with my brothers wife, she looks like Mick Mcmanus, though i couldnt help it and tried anyway. Thats the reason I now walk funny

The stupid fool turns women lesbian and is acclaimed as a hero. If i was rewarded for everytime I disapointed in the sack I would not ne ruler of the Earth

And what about that goal he scored in the semi? He put people off there dinner with that hairy chest stunt, but all the manc players wanted to make love to him.

when i tried that down Hackney Marshes I got mobbed alright, by the opposition. They kicked the crap out of me.

Sod Giggs

76. arnie says:

TMHT: amazing. :D

77. Steady on chas, don’t give the troll another reason to get a hard on !. hahaha

78. Although, I`m sure if you put up a picture of Dig Daddy and Giant Haystacks, his hard on will spontaneously combust !.

79. Hi from Swansea
    Cardiff away tomorrow it’s 30 mins away in a car .
    Can’t get a ticket from my Cardiff mates.
    WELCOME HOME RAMSEY
    SHEEP

80. More and more tests for the trouble Stretch, but I like the respite of ribbing the Trollvestite !. hahaha

81. Trolly Dolly…your 8:18 pm was amusing, much better !. hahaha

Sorry to hear that Cockie. Are you up for going to a game soon? let me know and I will sort it.

83. arnie says:

Sheep: if only you had said earlier!!!! I have a friend from America, a Cardiff fan who flies in for all home games, all but this one because it is Thanksgiving. He offered his ticket, I refused because I cannot go. A pity……

84. Thanks mate, was hoping for one sometime in the new year !.

85. arnie says:

maybe, I should have thought about this earlier, and offered it on AA. Sh**t!!!!

Sniffer,
    How long have you supported Arsenal.
    Was your old man a Gunner?
    Is he still alive?

Sniffer,
    You’ve probably had more human contact in the last hour than you’ve had in the last year. Maybe if you acted like a normal human being you might grow to like it.

Arsenal Arsenal would welcome you if didn’t talk such complete and utter bollix all the time.

Think about it. You might actually start to enjoy some of your life.

88. evonne says:

chas – sniffer is 42, a sad middle aged man with no mates. He has never been to Highbury or the Ems. And he never supported Arsenal. What makes you think that he is an Arsenal supporter??!!

89. arnie says:

It is never too late to try and change your life for the better!!!! This is a good family, think about it!!!!!

90. evonne says:

sniffer – how come that you never retaliate when we call you names, insult you, ignore you. How is that possible?

91. arnie says:

If you mean eccentric, yes, nothing bad about that. At least people are friendly to each other and stand up for each other. Even if most of us do not really know each other in person. Think about it!!!!

92. arnie says:

You have been offensive to Evonne, who is a lovely person, and to TMHT and Cockie, who are great as well. Still we are engaging in an exchange with you. You would be excluded in any other group by now. Think about it!!!!!

93. arnie says:

Sniffer — If you do not like us, well and good, but why would you do your troll-stuff in here? Makes no sense, right?

94. Armoury71 says:

I don’t dislike anyone on here, i’m just giving my take on Arsenal beens it’s an Arsenal blog.

95. arnie says:

This is a place for constructive discussion on all matters Arsenal. You dont like Arsene, right? Did you see this post? http://arsenalarsenal.wordpress.com/2013/11/22/vote-for-the-next-arsenal-manager/

Did you follow the discussions? Did you contribute? Did you vote?

If you can be constructive, believe me, this is a fantastic place. We celebrate diversity of views. You have to be analytical, cannot be too negative or offensive to others. If this is for you, then please stay. If you cannot help but be negative and disparaging, please leave.

Personally, I hope you will stay.

96. arnie says:

Major mishap in a Glasgow pub tonight. Probably many dead. Very very sad.

Transplant
    ” I wouldnt dare try that with my brothers wife, she looks like Mick Mcmanus”
    Damn I ROLFED hard at that one :-)

And…Motning All

Norfolk
    Thanks for excellent Round-Up. Also, most impressed with the personalized Headline Banner.

99. evonne says:

sad news from Glasgow just before christmas :(

arnie – why would you want the troll to stay? He is NOT an Arsenal supporter and i am not being sarcy. He is exactly what that Chinese dude is to the red mancs – winds them up and pisses himself laughing when we take him on.

100. evonne says:

where were you yesterday Mr DidIt?

Work travel for a few days Evonne

Ooo, Spuds home to Utd tomorrow. I’d love to see Utd out of top four, but at what price? Mmmm

Question

If Pedro on LeGrove can simply ban Dial Sq, why can’t AA do the same. I’ve got nothing against people with different opinions, but he is simply too boring.

104. evonne says:

oh work, i thought you were surfing and freezing your attachments off

My guess is that Dial Sq uses different access to the blog.
    This troll uses proxy and it would be very difficult to block him.
    He is most definitely a wind up expert and has nothing to do with Arsenal. In fact I am almost convinced that he is a spud

Ignore ignore ignore him, nothing else will work because he gets his kicks from winding us up

105. evonne says:

you are banned from Le Grove, but you ignore it and go in under a different name.

We tried to ban you, insult you, ignore you but now I am asking you very politely – please go somewhere else. you are a boring, boring nuisance and we really don’t want your company. Please?

106. dhakka09 says:

evonne: Can I just say that you sound so polite even when reprimanding a troll? You are one of the most gentle souls around here. Keep it up :D

107. dhakka09 says:

Hey sorry ass Troll; treat a lady, who has been nothing but kind to you, with some respect, will ya? Living in your mum’s basement, sharing those expired canned beans with neighboring rats and posting here when you get a break from cleaning toilets and washing mum’s dirty laundry; how dare you mumble bad words with your squirrely snout covered in snot that runs down from your nostrils? Go, take your first shower in years and come back then to mumble few intelligible words you learnt from your home-schooling 20 years ago, shooo….. bugger off under your bridge, Troll. You are as inconsequential here just as anywhere else in your sorry life.

108. evonne says:

dhakka – i am not gentle, trust me. But insults don’t work with this troll, you spit in his face and he pretends it is raining.

109. evonne says:

troll – it is ‘a halfwit’ not ‘an halfwit’ and ‘too radical’ not ‘to radical’. No point using Latin idioms if you cannot write in English

110. dhakka09 says:

haha evonne: then I’ll spit some more till he drowns in the flood. Arnie is there to take turns too :D

111. dhakka09 says:

also, for Manure-Spud game; best result for me would be a morale-sapping 0-0 draw with both sides missing a bucketload of chances and a player from each team sent off (preferably petulant Rooney from Yawnited and Lloris from Spuddies) :)

112. evonne says:

add a couple of broken legs to the fixture dhakka and we’ll have a great weekend. That’s how gentle I am

113. dhakka09 says:

lol evonne; I get the gist. “Everything is fair in love, war and vs Spuddies & Manure” Isn’t it? :)

Given the choice for this season, I’d rather Utd missed out on top four than Spuds. Am I alone?

115. dhakka09 says:

Micky: I’d prefer both of them missing out and either Liverpool or Everton to cut the mustard.

Now stop dodging the question 09 :-)

It’s one or the other

117. evonne says:

united 5th :)
    spuds 4th
    Mighty 1st

Morning.

I should write this in capitals …..

Will you please stop interacting with the troll. It is a sick individual with a very sad life and we do not want his bio on the site. Sadly, there is no way we can ban him because he uses proxy accounts to get onto AA.

We all decided the only way to deal with the idiot is to ignore him/her/it and wait until a moderator removes his bile,

119. evonne says:

sorry boss, you are right, my bad

120. dhakka09 says:

Micky: In that case, I’d rather United fail to get into top 4 than (ugh, hate myself saying this) Spurs. Since we’ll be winning the league and they’ll still be in out shadows, I’ll be magnanimous enough to offer them a crumb of CL comfort. United can enjoy their Europa with Judas and Moyesie :)

Agreed 09

I cannot tell you how much I’d enjoy seeing a Thursday night fixture including Utd and Arctic Circle Eskimo Rovers

122. dhakka09 says:

Apologies for indulging the troll Big Raddy. I am normally immune to his shit and give a rat’s rear-side to his opinion but lost my cool when he treated a lady with disrespect. Won’t feed him again, promise ;)

Raddy

You’re wasting your breath, I’m afraid. Someone will always interact with Dial Sq.

Also, if LeGrove can ban him, so can AA.

Micky, LG can’t ban him. If you use a proxy it is impossible to trace and thus block a blogger – or at least with the free software we use.

I will write to Pedro and ask how they did it – if they have!

In the meantime I had better finish my PM!

Raddy
    They have banned him.

Wow Raddy,
    Have you seen your Headline Banner thing? Very nice.

127. Räsp says:

Morning all, Raddy is correct, some have not read the ‘rules of engagement’ in ‘Trolls’ at the top of the page – the rule is ‘Don’t’

128. Räsp says:

Morning Micky, I’ve decided to make the appearance of the site more personal to individual authors, I hope everyone approves ….. I’m struggling a bit with you …. More Micky Madness? …. :lol:

Rasp

You’re struggling with me! You try actually being me for a day. Not easy :-)

130. Räsp says:

Haha, actually I really enjoy visiting planet Micky :P

Oh, and I certainly approve. I think they look fantastic. Well done, and thank you.

132. Räsp says:

Thanks Micky …. and on that note, I am pleased to announce ……

…. New post …….

Rasp. I am overwhelmed!!!

134. dhakka09 says:

What’s your preferred approach by Arsenal to the game, guys? I want us to grab an early goal, soak up the pressure afterwards and release the Kraken (ie: Theo) in the second half to kill them off in counter. This season, I don’t get the jitters like in previous years, when we’re 1-0 up. Let’s hope its a good game of football :)

135. thomas rozcky says: