Mesut Özil …… Sprezzatura.

Now, I don’t know many long words, and even fewer in Italian. However, a few years ago I stumbled upon this word Sprezzatura. No other language has a word encapsulating the same qualities. It means “Effortless Grace”.

If you want to be able to sound clever, then read the bracketed bit below, otherwise, skip it.

(Castiglione wrote The Book of the Courtier as a portrayal of an idealized courtier. This ideal courtier was supposed to be skilled in arms and in athletic events but be equally skilled in music and dancing. However, the courtier who had sprezzatura managed to make difficult tasks look easy. Concerning sprezzatura, Castiglione said that: “to practice in all things a certain sprezzatura [nonchalance], so as to conceal all art and make whatever is done or said appear to be without effort and almost without any thought about it”. In short, Sprezzatura means Effortless Grace.)

When I first discovered this word, my first thoughts were one Dennis Bergkamp. I decided the word was simply too good to waste, so I thought I’d bide my time and wait.

Enter Mesut Özil.

I believe he may become Arsenal’s Greatest Ever Signing. The Man oozes Sprezzatura.

I have heard that “He’ll take time to settle into the PL”. I say: “Bollocks he will. I have never seen someone so clearly settled”.

Look at his assists so far. On the whole they are fairly simple balls. Pinpoint accurate, yes, but fairly obvious balls. I remember Chas posting some of The Arsenal Gentleman’s genius cards, and Mesut’s “Special Move was: The Mesmertron, a hypnotic through ball”.

How many of these hypnotic balls have we seen? Very few, and the reason is that Mesut knows the players are not quite ready for him to unleash his full dazzling array of ball skills.

So, what’s going on? Quite simply, every player around Mesut is out of their depth, and he knows it, which is why he’s still playing it simple. I reckon that soon, through a combination of pitch time, as well as work on the training ground, the movement from those around him will improve.

Think back to Thierry Henry, and the impact DB10 had on his game. This is the reason I understand why some people are asking for a different type of striker. Someone who speaks the same football language as Mesut. I suspect we may see the Mesmetron deployed if either Theo or Podolski take up the central striker role.

I think we are going to witness Arsenal’s Greatest Ever Signing. He will elevate and educate those around him into superior players. Watch, savour, and enjoy. Exceptional things are about to happen in the Red and White of Arsenal.

Written by MickyDidIt89

170 Responses to Mesut Özil …… Sprezzatura.

1. Sav from Australia says:

What a brilliant post. Brilliant, mate, just brilliant! Sprezzatura even.

Effortless Grace, indeed. Cheers, Micky.

There’s a couple of mesmertrons in this clip . :)

4. arnie says:

Micky: fantastic. Sprezzatura. What a word! Almost as impregnable as Özil!!!!

As far as I can see, Özil sort of prefers to work from the right. In that case, Theo will probably not be the direct target for a cross, but rather for a through ball so that he can use his pace to work from. On the other hand, Poldi could be a recipient for a cross.

Two questions. First, your narrative seems to indicate that, while Ollie has been fantastic in his holding role, he may not (yet) be quite up to the level. Interesting thought. Second, if both Theo and Poldi are fit to play, do we need a holding centre forward? Do we need both of them to play? I think in terms of working off Özil, their roles are different.

Plenty to think about. Fantastic post, Micky. :D :D :D

Sprezzatura

I like this word, I like this post, I like the fact that GIE mentioned that I hadn’t realised that Ozil has already played 50 games with Podolski for Germany.

6. arnie says:

Speaking of potential strikers, Roman Vyacheslavovych Zozulya is a name to watch out for the future. England managed to bottle him up well, both home and away, but against France yesterday he was quite a handful.

Now, back to Ozil. Personally, I think three things explain somewhat the relatively low frequency of mesmertrons. First, Mesut is perhaps a bit overworked, something of a change from La Liga, and something he is not used to. The international break should help, hopefully he is not playing on Tuesday? That would be good for Arsenal and good for England. Thank red nose for the spiked drink. :D :D

Second, the physical nature of the game. Against Dortmund, every time he received the ball, he was tracked down by 2/3 defenders, and the moment the ball left the feet even slightly, they swooped in. Not quite so much efficiency in defence in the EPL, but the situation was similar. Not much space to work with.

Third, and I think quite important, Arsenal is playing on the counter. Holding a defensive line. This is cutting down options to deliver the mesmertrons. Perhaps a higher line can be held, particularly in the games that we have coming up shortly.

Questa parola e´ meravigliosa. And so is the post.

As you so rightly say, this german fellow is very good!

I agree that the return of Theo will herald the arrival of the mesmertron

8. arnie says:

Trying to post a tweet. Dont know whether this works. Otherwise, please help!

9. arnie says:

It worked!!!! :D :D

The problem was in crossing only one finger!!!!! Mesut should have tried to cross all fingers, hands and feet, as well as all other loose appendages!!!!!

10. arnie says:

This quote from Giroud yesterday reported in several places: “Against Manchester United, it’s true, I lacked clarity. I took a lot of shots, elbows in the face. I thought it was unfair. It p***** me off.”

11. VCC says:

Fine uplifting post MickyDidit89.

Early signs say you are right about our wee German. He oozes class. Every movement, every pass, and every gesture seems effortless to him.

Also, all the interviews show him to be well grounded and an approachable Man.

Long may he wear the Red and White of our famous club.

Bit slow on the uptake.
    Does Kos miss Tuesday because of this?

13. 26may1989 says:

Lovely homage, Mr Didit. Many great days to come from our umlauted one.

Another example of your term, sprezzatura, would be Sachin Tendulkar. I’ve just watched his farewell speech from the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, following his retirement from cricket. A classy guy, and a true sporting great.

14. Steve 1962er says:

Ozil is a world class player, no doubt, but he has had a few poor games on the trot now, and I am sorry to be a pessimist here, but I can see this continuing.
    I watch a lot of La Liga because it is far better than anything the premiership has to offer, therefore I have seen a great deal of Ozil playing for Real Madrid, where his performances have usually been superb. However, when Ozil received the ball for Madrid, he had Ronaldo, Higuain or Benzema, together with some midfield and/or defenders running into space. This meant that Ozil was able to slot superb passes through the opposing defence for any one of these players (although usually Ronaldo) to run on to. This is Ozil’s main strength, threading balls through for players to run on to, not to be presented by a single player in front of him with his back to goal.

I am not criticizing Giroud here, as I think he is a fine player and one of the best at playing up front on his own, but to get the best out of Ozil, we need to play with two forwards, or at least have mid field players who are capable of running beyond Giroud, and frankly, the only two we have capable of that are Walcott and Oxlade. I cannot see Wenger playing both at the same time, or changing our set up to any great degree, therefore I believe we will fail to get the best out of Ozil. Our best chance is to get another top class forward, but it would still mean our so called 4-2-3-1 has to change.

15. 26may1989 says:

What a hero Koscielny is. With an eye on keeping the end of the season as clear as possible for him, Sagna and Giroud (plus Benzema?), he makes sure France lose the first leg, by giving away the most obvious penalty. Then, to make sure he’s as fresh as possible for the Southampton game, he finishes the game by getting sent off.

Brilliant, just brilliant.

16. 26may1989 says:

Cheers arnie!

17. Janman says:

Kelsey. I find your response rather disturbing and it appears that you have a hidden agenda based on your comment. If you think that I am stalking you then obviously you are a sick man. I merely asked about you as it was posted a few days ago that you were very sick and unable to post and yet you continue to post on ALFC? For what it is worth I have enjoyed some of your comments but your response is that of a very sick individual. End of discussion.

Hahahaha

We are now on the same page.

Koscielny — very funny.

20. arnie says:

Chas: I seriously hope none of our good guys play the game on Tuesday. Wilshere sitting out is I suppose part of the deal. I hope Ozil and BFG are still on medication and will be fit only by the end of the week. :D :D :D

21. barney says:

Koscielny has regressed this season, he needs to be dropped and replaced.

Janman,

Your 12:29 comments about Kelsey are uninformed, irresponsible, insulting and utterly insensitive. You have no idea what ails Kelsey and your self serving trash talk will only serve to impede his recovery and further delay his return to posting on AA.

I could give two F’s what you think about me or others here on AA – but lay off of Kelsey.

Micky, a lovely bijou of a Post. Thank you.

I feel the need to try and stand up for the English language, which with its somewhat gutteral Anglo Saxon heritage is quite difficult when it is contrasted against a sibilant, romantic language like Italian.

Anyway I offer you two words to match your ‘Sprezzatura’ meaning ‘effortless grace’ — and no they are not rude :-)

How about ‘ballet dancer’? Frankly, those guys and gals are stunning athletes who make even the impossible feat (no pun intended) of twiddling around on tippy toes balanced on a piece of wood in flimsy footwear look easy.

I absolutely agree with you that the epitome of a player with fantastic skill is to make it look like you or I could do it if we could be arsed.

Mesut looks as if he could be a ballet dancer if he could only be arsed. :-)

24. arnie says:

Ha ha, nice one Redders. A minor quibble, though. Is ‘ballet’ an English word? OK, more English than ‘Sprezzatura’, yes. :D :D

Hi arnie,

It is good to have an enquiring mind, but we were referring to ‘languages’ but the etymology of the word ‘ballet’ is that originated as an old French word which was adopted into old English in the 17th century.

How’s that? :-)

The English language is, of course, a smorgasbord consisting of a huge number of languages including Latin, French, German etc etc.

26. arnie says:

Redders: :D :D Agreed. But in your list you forget the entire Commonwealth (and more widely the English speaking world) who have adopted and enriched the language in their own ways!!

What really surprises me is that neither rasp or peaches let your first comment go without response or even deleting it, let alone your second comment janman.

You started this in your cleverly worded post aimed to provoke me yet again, but I will now finally bow out for good

Let’s all stand up and give three jeers to Janman…………………….

29. goonermichael says:

Great post Micky
    I disagree with the comment that Ozil will continue to be poor. He is obviously getting used to the pace of the game. He even mentioned it was played at F1 speed. Once Theo and Poldi are back he’ll have the players to pass to. He made some great through balls to Theo before he got injured and he obviously knows Poldi’s game from the national team.

Looking at that clip of Kozzer I wonder why the ref wasn’t going to book the player for the foul before it. Apparently the Ukrainians were at it all game.

If bloggers come on here and make public that they are having difficulties in their private lives it is surely reasonable for others to inquire into their well being, that is what well adjusted human beings do.

31. goonermichael says:

Apparently Sir Chesney has signed a new contract

Good, others will soon be referring to him in the same way as many on here have done so in the past.

The World’s Best Goalkeeper.

LB,

Any reasonable/intelligent person would try to read between the lines and keep their uninformed views to themselves!

kelsey,

When I read Janman’s original comment, I honestly thought he was genuinely concerned as to why you could comment somewhere else but not on here. I must admit the same had crossed my mind when I saw a comment from you on twitter.

Perhaps everybody else who read his original comment felt the same as me, hence there being no deletion of it. Maybe no-one thought it was an attempt to provoke or undermine but just straightforward concern.

Your presence on AA is invaluable. Please continue posting. You have real friends here.

arnie,

I got a pain in my fingers typing all the languages that have contributed to the English language, so I resorted to the accepted short hand of putting etc, etc.

['etc' = an abbreviation of the Latin phrase 'et cetera' which means to continue in a similar way or manner.]

I think we have done that now, don’t you think? :-)

36. arnie says:

Chas: I am new to AA, and maybe I should not be speaking out of turn. But for whatever it is worth, I thought exactly the same as what you wrote.

kelsey: please stay.

37. arnie says:

Redders: ha ha ha. yes, you are right. :D :D

Chas,

FYI, I was still asleep when his original post was listed and subsequently deleted. My response was to his post at 12:29 – which was distasteful and way out of line…………

On a lighter note, here’s a little vid I made of Ant’s birthday week.
    We went to see his favourite band three times, with the grand finale in Nottingham where 9 of us dressed up to go see them.
    Middle aged men behaving badly. :lol:

arnie, A few posters on AA have a “history” with one and other which may help you to understand that there is a lot of subliminal crap that remains unresolved.

Chas,

Mother ant must be one strong woman if his arrival lasted a whole week?

GN5,
    The original comment I was talking about is still on yesterday’s post.

43. goonermichael says:

GN5,
    Next year he’s planning a “birthday month”. :)

45. goonermichael says:

It’s on the official site too. Great news. He’s looking the real deal this season.

Hi Kelsey,

As one of your many friends, I hope you continue to post on AA.

It is a pity that you and JanMan have got off on the wrong foot as there is no benefit in that to either of you.

My impression, for what it is worth, is that neither of you intended to upset the other, but miscommunication can easily do that as we have often seen in other instances.

You have many friends on here, as Chas has said, so please continue to enlighten and amuse us, and in doing so it might help you feel better in yourself. :-)

47. arnie says:

Fantastic, Chas. Ant’s laughter in the background is distinctive. Sounds like you all had great fun. A “birthday month” next year? That sounds brilliant. Great to see senior brother as well. Please let me know when the little one arrives. In January, is it?

RA,

Always the eloquent voice of reason, quite unlike myself.

49. arnie says:

GN5: I certainly do understand. :D :D

Good on you arnie.

arnie,
    Senior brother isn’t in it. :)
    I believe Matt’s babby is due early Jan. I’ll keep you informed.

52. arnie says:

sorry my mistake, chas. hang my head in shame!!!!

53. arnie says:

Sorry, thats rubbish. was trying to post a picture of Ozil from yesterday

Nothing wrong with supporting your friends, GN5. :-)

I am sure that Kelsey appreciates it.

RA,

Cheers – I’m happy that you understand.

What ever happened to Bentley? – Another Bendtner personality type – legends in their own minds.

59. goonermichael says:

60. arnie says:

61. arnie says:

62. arnie says:

This seems to be a free for all today.

I thought you would stick your nose in again LB.I haven’t mentioned anything personal on here since your last attack on me, I know you enjoyed it, but at least you won’t get banned off this site, so just bugger off.

I stick to my guns re Janman. He only joined here quite recently and to me it was a post that was meant to provoke.His track record proves it.

I maybe ill but I am not stupid.

Sorry I can’t read it any other way.

64. evonne says:

Micky – no, I cannot learn that word, miles too long. I wish you told me about it years ago when I still had memory.

And a second no – I don’t understand this statement ‘every player around Mesut is out of their depth, and he knows it, which is why he’s still playing it simple’. What do you mean by that? Mesut has to play worse to adjust to less skilled players around him? How? I know I am better at ironing than at football, but this sounds strange to me. Explain yourself please.

Oh, thank you for this very educational post!

65. evonne says:

I really don’t want to get involved in this handbag fight between bloggers. Please guys, be gentlemen and shake hands!

The rest of us would be so happy if you made up. Nobody wants to see otherwise nice people stubbing each other in the back. We all have problems, some very serious problems and it is not fair for virtual acquaintances to add more trauma to an already difficult life. Please!!

66. evonne says:

Micky – I met lezza in the park, first time since the ‘punch up’. She told me that nobody likes me. I told her that that it is not true, because Micky likes me. She asked who the feck is Micky, so I started telling her about youd only to be told that I am crazy and should be locked up :( That made me giggle

Evening all.
    Said my bit on the personal stuff, so won’t repeat.

Evonne,
    I’d love to be able to say that some of my best mates are pregnant lezzos, but it’s simply not true :-)

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Evonne again,
    To answer your question, what I’m saying is that Ozil is a genius footballer, and it’ll take time for the others, and him, to adjust to each other.
    It will happen. All great teams have a genius.

Kelsey

You clearly have a lot more problems than I realised.

Thanks LB, what a strange fellow you are. You never reply to courteous e mails, were down right rude to me on here on several occasions and now say on here “you clearly have a lot more problems than I realised “.

Charming, you smooth operator.

Finally I think RA is right that the written word can be misunderstood.

Apart from LB and Jarman I feel the ethos of AA has changed since we first started up. That is purely my opinion and for that reason I blog where and when I want to. I never said I was too ill to blog.
    I don’t share the same opinion as many on here and feel it more and more That’s it in a nutshell..

Chas,
    Would be fair to say that most of the people you stalk, I mean follow, on twister are attractive ladies?

73. 26may1989 says:

The source of the misunderstanding could be from a series of very well-meaning comments following GN5’s comment:

“GunnerN5 says:
    November 10, 2013 at 12:29 pm
    I spoke, at length with Kelsey yesterday. He is feeling very poorly and has a bad reaction to his return to England which has exacerbated his medical condition.

He is, however, happy at the way Arsenal are playing and is looking forward to today’s game.

Sadly I don’t think we will have the pleasure of his company on AA for quite a while, if ever, but he wishes his friends well.”

Numerous regulars from AA followed that with comments wishing Kelsey well and hoping that he would be able to return to AA soon.

Kelsey, I’m sorry you’re unwell, and I’m sorry that you feel let down by people on AA, but I honestly think everyone’s best wishes have been genuine.

26M,

I’ve been out at my Grandson’s soccer practice for a few hours, it clears one’s head being around innocent children.

Unfortunately, with the exception of a few original AA’ers it’s a reality that Kelsey has been let down and not his personal feeling.

Shortly after the post you copied I mentioned that it does not take a few moments to make a persona; contact with Kelsey – how many of you actually made the effort?

I always remember these wise words and put them into effect quite often –

“Never let a friendship die because you never made the time to pick up the phone and say Hi”

75. evonne says:

Kelsey – that is the best thing about you – your own opinions, especially the ones that differ from others’ opinions. If we all agreed on everything there would be no point blogging

Micky – one of my mates is a lezza, a wonderful human being. If I was That way inclined, I would marry her, she is awesome.

So Tottenham are not a great team coz they don’t have a genius. Or AVB is not a genius because he is with THFC :)

76. evonne says:

So, here we go, fixtures till end of December:

The Mighty at Home: Southampton, Marseille, Hull, Everton, Chavs
    The Mighty Away: Cardiff. Napoli, Shitty, West Ham, Newcastle.

I can see as winning all the home games, losing to Shitty and drawing with the Gordies.

Pool have very difficult schedule and Shitty the easiest

77. JanMan says:

Can anyone explain to me what I have done wrong? How on earth did my totally non offensive remark create this sort of Drama? Sorry but I do not understand the reaction of the drama queens. This is really so stupid! I do not have a clue who Kelsey is nor do I really care I only made the comment based on what GN5 and Kelsey had previously said. The reaction from Kelsey and GN5 is simply over the top!

78. e va va vonne

Could you expand on that a bit and give us more details on if you were more inclined !. hahaha

79. evonne says:

no problem Cockie, here is the explanation – my lezza friend has tits and I find tits on people offputting. Unlike Chas I am seriously put off by tits. Plus, my lezza friend is very, very pretty, I could never feel comfortable in a relationship where my partner is prettier than me. Does that answer your question dear?

Rugby was exciting and the Welsh Messi is playing this evening

Kelsey,

It is probably counter productive to carry on this conversation, but 26 has got it right, and in giving us a welcome update on how you were doing GN5 made us realize how poorly you were feeling.

I do not want to put words in the mouth of JanMan but on seeing you on a blog elsewhere (and I have too) he was seeking clarification.

It is surely a good thing that the blog changes with the arrival of new bloggers like arnie, JanMan, N5A, Gooner B and others to stop the comments atrophying into a suffocating general agreement on the blog.

Perhaps it would be best to let things rest, take a break from AA until you are feeling better about things, and then return when the transfer window opens and give us the lowdown on who we are going to buy. I would miss that otherwise!! :-)

My apologies for sticking my nose in.

Best wishes. :-)

Janman says:
    November 16, 2013 at 12:29 pm

End of discussion.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Janman,

Just read your second from last line again and ask yourself why that would not evoke a negative response?

A sick individual indeed – wake up to yourself who wouldn’t have a negative reaction?

Micky,

With reference to your earlier comment, I would like to confirm that you are right, and you never once said Evonne was bonkers!!

To my almost certain knowledge you said she was bonkers, several times! :-)

Janman. I really don’t want to get involved but can we just let this go.

The nature of blogging means that misunderstandings can easily flare up. I find it best to stay away from anything personal unless it has a :-D attached :-D

85. Thanks e va va vonne for saving me taking a cold shower !. hahaha
    She must be bloody gorgeous then, as someone and I cant say who, told me at The Tavern, that you were a very attractive lady !.

86. goonermichael says:

Raddy
    Ramsey is out with flu

RA 6.17 Well said

88. goonermichael says:

It was me evonne :)

It was Terry wasn’t it, Cockie? :-)

But then he told me Rocky was gorgeous too!! :-)

GM. Thanks. Saved me searching for a stream and wondering where AR was !

91. evonne says:

Cockie – they meant my beautiful personality :)

Yes Raddy, rugby is a great game, I wish I understood it more. How do those guys survive i have no idea, most ferocious tackles that would kill a footballer. Irish v Ozzies looks scary, we thought the Orks are from Stoke

92. Sorry, that should read….. ” are a very attractive lady ” not ” were ” !.

Getting on the bad side of e va va vonne is worse than what the previous bloggers are hand bagging about ! . hahaha

93. evonne says:

GM :) love you too x

“I could never feel comfortable in a relationship where my partner is prettier than me”

Are you saying I’m not pretty? :)

95. evonne says:

right first time Cockie!
    I have to stop flirting, it’s adictive.

Where is my favourite flirt Rocky?

Are you implying that our Evonne has a bad side, Cockie?

It is well known that she is lovely from whatever side you look. Just ask Micky!! :-)

97. JanMan says:

BR: That is fine with me. As I said I just did not under stand all of the mellow dramatics. I could understand if I said something offensive!

98. evonne says:

you are drop dead gorgeous Chas, that is why we are not in a relationship.

99. I cant possibly divulge the person`s identity Redders, I`m not into kiss and tell………………………………oh go on then, just one little kiss !. hahaha

janman,

You remind me of the Mayor of Toronto who pretends not to understand that he is the cause of the responses to his personal behaviour. It will be my pleasure not to hear from you again.

101. evonne says:

hello RA :)

many rugby players have one blue arm. I thought it was just the footballers. Why just one arm?

Cockie, if you kiss me, I will tell.

You have reminded me I have not had lunch yet, so I need to go get a big juicy steak.

So I will bid you and everyone a good afternoon from Kansas, and hopefully a happier evening in the UK!! :-)

Arrivederci, with sprezzatura.

Hi Evonne, :-)

I know what blue balls are, but not a blue arm. :-)

Ta ra.

Oh God
    “you are drop dead gorgeous Chas”

“Broadsword to Mr Smug, come in Smug…do you read me. Over”

Nite all.

“Sprezzatura”, kudos Micky me old son. Brilliant word to describe the magical Ozil.

Strange word init. If somebody approached me on the street and shouted “Oi Sprezzatura”, somebody would end up chasing somobody, but I dont know which?

I agree about Ozil Micky, he could be another Bergkamp.

Micky, do you know why I cant work out Einsteins mathamatical formula pertaining to relativity? Well, apart from thickness, Its coz Ozil has it cornered thats why. The guy sees pictures, he is simply a footballing genius

Now, when i see a pigeon in front of me, i am instantly driven to attempt to lash out, kicking and thrashing around, but I never succeed. This desire to make contact with a pigeon is a seriously bad habit. The RSPCA once turned up with a net, not to nab the piegon, they caught me in it.

So whats the point? Piegons are very similar to Ozil, they are time travellers. The reason they cant be kicked, even when they are looking the wrong way to there assiliant, is that the little buggers see your attack before you started it.

Thats why Ozil cant be tackled. Through time travel he sees the tackle coming before its attempted.

Yes, Ozil is a picture seeing, time traveling Sprezzatura.

107. Räsp says:

Time out everyone. I haven’t been around today and have just read back over the comments.

There are things people think they know about one another that may not be correct. There are those who unwittingly misinterpret what others have said. There are those who are sensitive and take offence when others would just ignore. There are those who refuse to let anything drop. We have some bloggers with issues but we do not feel it is right to jump in and advertise their problems in an attempt to defuse an argument.

Everyone needs to be sensitive in what they write and how they react and equally we should all stand back if emotions are running high and give common sense a chance to prevail.

I don’t think that the problem today resulted from any intended malice – but I could be wrong.

108. Räsp says:

Oh, by the way Micky, great post :P

109. Räsp says:

I particularly liked this line …… He will elevate and educate those around him into superior players.

So very true. I felt sorry for Rooney yesterday, he was trying to close down the Chilean players but none of his team mates read the situation and were lifted by his efforts. Luckily we have players of a higher calibre that will be potentiated by their association with Ozil.

Rasp,

For the sake of clarity today’s reactions were a matter of
    “cause and effect”.

The cause being the unnecessary and uninformed by Janman and the effect was my reaction.

It’s really simple to resolve – no cause = no reaction.

Peace………………

111. evonne says:

oi Micky – what is the antonym of Sprezzatura? My guess is ‘an argument on the blog’ in Italian. Good night all, hopefully I will have a baby Gooner to show you tomorrow :)

112. JanMan says:

I agree, peace! Lets’ move on. My only question is why was the original harmless post from me (yesterday) deleted? Yet the remaining posts from both GN5 and Kelsey remain untouched. I feel wronged here because my original comment has been deleted and this indicates that I am the bad guy as people will now only react to what they read from GN5 and Kelsey.! Something is not quiet right here! I think both GN5 and Kelsey, deep down inside, know that they both totally over reacted to a perfectly harmless comment. If I offended (and I don’t know how) then I apologize but I don’t know for what? It is really hard to understand how people can read so much into a perfectly harmless comment.

Janman,

I come in peace.

I didn’t see your original post so I cannot make a personal judgement. My reaction’s were related to your post at 12:20 and your subsequent comments.

In your 12:29 you called Kelsey “a very sick individual” which is a very insulting comment. Kindly explain tol me why you would make such a comment?

Hi Janman, neither I or peaches removed your comment, there are 9 of us who have access behind the scenes and all are trusted to use their discretion without consulting others.

I shouldn’t dwell on this and refer you and others to my comment at 7:43

Rasp,

I read your 7:43. Is it too much to ask for an explanation to a very insulting comment? If you think so then I am most definitely bemused with your code of ethics.

116. Is it a secret society ?. If not, who are the other 7 moderators ?. Was one, one of the allegedly offended ?. I love a bit of cloak and dagger !. hahaha

Cockle. Are you Poirot? Mum’s the word ;-D

I have had enough of reading this stuff. See you all tomorrow when hopefully we can talk football and not resentment.

118. Jan Man says:

Hello GN5. First off thank you for your response. I am amazed you reacted without seeing my first post. I cannot remember word for word because it was deleted but in a nutshell I merely asked about Kelsey (as some other posters have done) because you previously posted about him being sick and unable to post on AA and yet I have seen him posting on another blog, that was it, nothing more. He then responded accusing me of being some sort of a stalker and saying something about me digging into his personnel life and so on and he was rather rude (in my opinion) and to be honest his response left me rather dumb founded. That is why I responded with the comment that if he thought I was stalking him then he is indeed a very sick man. That was not aimed at his health but his mental state. How could some one read all of that from a perfectly harmless (original comment) from me? I know you do not like me because of my comment about Justin Bieber but that was nothing more than a joke between me and I think it was rasp who remarked about the number one all time group and he said based on record sales (in response to a post from you) that based on record sales it would be JB, to which I joking responded kids like JB were a good advert for contraceptives (a joke) nothing more but you jumped on your high horse just like you have done this time and accused me of all sorts of things. I am sorry but I fail to understand how some people can totally over react to some thing so harmless!. I fully accept that Kelsey is your friend but I don’t think you needed to make the comments that you did and yes I felt the post from Kelsey was totally out of line. I have no idea who he is nor do I care. Again I merely was asking why he was posting somewhere else that was it! You and he can read whatever you want into that but I assure you there was absolutely no harm or hidden meaning in my original email. You will have seen that a couple of other posters also stated that they saw nothing wrong with my original post. Thanks.

Hi GN5, from what I can see, a comment that was innocuous in its intent caused offence and everything escalated from there. Once anger is involved the language becomes less conciliatory and an argument ensues. My line ‘we should all step back and give common sense a chance to prevail’ applies now.

Cockie, if I told you I’d have to kill you :)

121. I believe you Rasp, you do look the type to strangle a Cockie !. hahaha

Rasp,

I fail to understand your reasoning and I cannot believe that his 12:29 could be construed as innocuous.

An insult disguised as a comment remains an insult.

If you read his 9:11 pm response to my inquiry you will notice that he continues to refer to his original post and avoids answering my query about his pot of 12:29 – how very convenient.

Good night and good bye!

123. JanMan says:

GN5. You asked me to respond/explain myself and I did. If you take the time to read my @9.11, I responded clearly to you and around line nine of my post it is explaining my post of 12.29 and why I made the comment that I did. You are for your own reasons failing to see that. I have wasted far too much of my time on this entire stupid incident and it has unfortunately ruined the blog for everyone else and that is a shame (I am truly sorry for that). I really do not know what your problem is but you really need to move on from this whole pointless discussion as it is turning into something that is beyond ridiculous.

Just got in from fantastic night out.
    I cannot believe the same bollix is being talked about.
    The original comment is still on yesterday’s post so why anyone is saying it’s been deleted is strange.
    This is where the antagonism started and I’ve absolutely no fuckin idea why.
    FFS, get a life.

I was starting to think I needed therapy……

Cmon Serge.

127. arnie says:

what a day, indeed. I feel a bit sorry for Micky. A fine post did not get the attention it deserved.

So, you had a good time, Chas! Mine was not so good. AA was getting a bit tedious. Decided to go for a nice dinner with Mrs in Edinburgh. But, it became the “game of mice and men”. Broken down car, lift from breakdown recovery back to Dundee. Oh dear!

Hope tomorrow is another day!

Arnie

“Sorry for Micky”? Mmmm, yes and no. A massive handbagging is worth a lot of votes/comments, and we’re staring down the barrel at 150 for Blog Death Saturday.

Now I couldn’t care less, but it does make you wonder whether the whole affair had a sub plot.

Body clock buggered, just like it’s host.

Post surf nap, and here we are. Still, a few quiet moments before His Smugness emerges.

Other teams picking up some useful looking injuries.

131. His Smugness says:

Evonne’s nose is growing longer by the second.

132. Broadsword says:

“Back in your box Smug, I repeat, back in your box. Over.”

Just read an interesting article on Bleacher about Carrick injury.

On the face of it, good news for people like us, however it does give Fellaini the opportunity to prove himself in the more defensive role he talked about prior to his move.

In other words, the role I hoped he might play for us. So Carrick injury may turn out to be bad news.

This is the metric

On twatter, someone was saying Fellaini was injured yesterday.

Ah, just had a look and it’s just an old bishop-bashing injury.

Now look here Gorgeous, I’m not trying to bring you down or nothink, but our Evonne does show signs of very suspect taste.

Chas
    In the same way as I banked the Sprezzatura word, this one is in the file
    “Instead of therapy maybe just accept that you’re a dick”
    I have a friend who is a Psychologist and goes around chucking out therapy and advice. He is so mentally unwell himself it’s laughable.

I suspect Fellaini could prove to be an outstanding DM :-(

We’re about to find out, and I hope I’m wrong.

Aren’t the Everton fans happier with Garry Barry as their DM?

Fellaini was never a DM at Goodison.

I remember reading how he felt he wanted a deeper, more defensive role, and that quote was the reason I wanted Arsenal to buy him.

Re clip

Is the No8 MF?

No, MÖ.

Who’s MF?

Ah, I thought the human microphone liked scoring goals.

Scroll down to Bude/Widemouth today pics.
    That’s what we had yesterday, and more of the same today.
    A thing of rare beauty ie no wind frothing everything to foam. Clean

We love Evil :-)

Surf looks amazing.
    Have you any video of you riding a barrel?

No, but we’re thinking of getting Oscar a GoPro for Christmas. Basically, the best video camera that can be stuck on the front of a surfboard, or used when we go snorkelling.

It’s over the normal budget, but I want one!

They do look amazing.

I love watching this clip. Keep coming back to it.
    Sprezzatura

Reet, tittivation time.

This chap is getting a proper education :-)

Me off now.

150. evonne says:

what sub plot Micky?

Gorgeous – i never said Rory had beautiful face

151. evonne says:

2 questions about rugby last night:

1 How come that the players are subjected to most horrendous tackles, punching, throwing and yet keep on playing. I few Paddies had blood on their faces, one was stood upside down by an Ozzie, a few broken ribs, but that’s all. If a PL football team was to play the Australians they would be dead, all of them

2 The referees are respected by all players. I did not see once player mouthing off to the ref. And the guys in black were not very nice to the players, they were shouting at them, giving orders and treating harshly. Yet – no problemo, big orks obeyed unconditionally.

If that 7.43 doesn’t make you want to go surfing nothing will. Anyone want to buy a bike?

153. evonne says:

don’t do anything in a hurry LB, think it through properly. To surf like that kid you have to start early in life. Say sorry to your bike and count your blessings :)

LB my son had his Wilier Triestina stolen yesterday – we will buy your bikes :-)

Goal of the season competition stops here.

157. Räsp says:

Morning all,

Great surfing clips, my kids all went to Bude on school trips and really loved it. I found it very windy and quite bleak at times but awesome all the same. Croyde bay in north Devon is a lovely surfing centre – have you been there Micky?

I was just going to mention micky’s surfing clip too ;)

Anyway, just looking in the cupboard to see if we have a football post to argue over, back in a bit.

159. arnie says:

Morning all. cold and frosty. broken down car. oh dear!

But the sun is about to peep through, and maybe a nice post is on the offing.

Micky: sub-plot? :D :D Reminded me of the conspiracy theory post some time back. Was it by Rocky?

160. There’s a New Post …………………..

161. Sav from Australia says:

@evonne

“If a PL football team was to play the Australians they would be dead, all of them”

LOL you’re right! Ehehe you should have seen South Africa vs The All Blacks a few months back, it was one of the most brutal matches I have ever seen, but played in a good spirit nonetheless.

162. A. O. Anthony says:

Ozil is a heavenly gift to arsenal. Gunners 4 life.