When is a test not a test? Arsenal 2 – Liverpool 0

I hate playing Liverpool, when it is a match that has a lot riding on it I hate it even more. The first two trophies I watched Arsenal win Liverpool were the side in our way, so with those in the memory bank I shouldn’t be as fearful. And even though our record against them has been good in the last few years there was the FA Cup Final and the Champions League Quarter Final, last minute penalties in the League and dodgy offside goals all weigh heavy on my mind when we come to play the red half of Scouseland.

After the last two midweek results some serious questions have been asked of the squad, the manager and our chances to challenge for titles.

The early kick off on Satutday saw Newcastle take three points off every pundits title favourites Chelsea. At that point I would have been more than happy to take a point from yesterday’s game to retain top spot.

How stupid was I? What did I have to worry about? The long and short of it is Liverpool have two good strikers, one is considered to be worth more than £40m+£1, the rest of their team is distinctly average. Rodgers thought his new tactic of 3-5-2 and hard pressing would nullify Arsenals strength and highlight our weaknesses…he was wrong.

The defence were disciplined, full backs tucking in to help the centre backs out and Arteta playing the anchor role to perfection picking up loose balls and being precise in possession.

Giroud occupied three centre backs by firstly trying to win every ball, and secondly holding up the ball to bring the midfield runners into the game.

And the midfield is where we won the game, the speed the football moved between Ramsey, Cazorla, Özil and Rosicky was electric, their runs off the ball even better. The only time Liverpool got close was when we gave them the ball, but we were ready to fight to win back possession as soon as we lost it.

This was probably as complete a performance as we have seen from Arsenal this season , and we got our reward for the way we played.

The first came from Santi Cazorla, I think we can safely say he is now over his injury, Arteta carried the ball through midfield to release Sagna who headed for the touch line and produced a cross into the area, it was behind Giroud but Santi arrived to head powerfully towards goal , the header cannoned back off the post to the little Spanish magician who volleyed into the empty net with ease.

Cazorla v liverpool

After that goal we were all out attack but unable to extend our lead through a mixture of missing the final pass or not connecting with the final shot.

Liverpool rearranged at half time bringing on Coutinho to attempt to adopt a more natural 4-4-2. In reality this just gave us more time in midfield and less bodies in the way through the middle when playing on the counter.

Giroud was unlucky not to add a second twice in quick succession, first nicking the ball ahead of Skrtel from a generous Toure backpass only to see his dinked effort slide wide of the post. Moments later a combination of Rosicky and Santi provided him with half a chance but he could not make a strong enough contact to get it past Mignolet.

Liverpool always had a chance, Suarez can, if given the room, score a goal from nowhere, we needed a second, and it eventually came from our player of the season so far, Özil found Ramsey arriving in space, he took a good touch and as the ball bounced in front of him and the defence backed off he decided he may as well add to his total for the season and dispatched a screamer past Mignolet into the roof of the net.

Rambo v Liverpool

During all his on the pitch troubles Ramsey never stopped working hard and showing for the ball, it’s why I always had time for him and asked others to get off his back, but I had no idea he had this kind of football in him. After the game the Sky pundits asked if he thought he could get 20 a season midfielder like Gerard or Lampard, if I was Aaron I would have said “only if I get given penalty taking duties”.

Wenger sent on reinforcements to close out the game, Monreal for Rosicky, Vermaelen for the injured Gibbs and later Jenkinson for Cazorla. Liverpool went close a couple of times in this period but the result wasn’t really in doubt.

To answer my own question in the title. It’s not a test when you play a team that are above their natural league position.

But guaranteed to be a win clear of the nearest competition come Sunday evening after ten games I am more than happy.

Ratings

Szczesny 8 – Apart from his little one two with Sturridge was assured and commanding, couple of good blocks too.

Sagna 8 – Solid performance lots of energy good passing helped the centre backs when necessary

Gibbs 8 – More defensive than Sagna as he was covering Sturridges wide runs, second half he continually nipped in front to take the ball off the intended receiver.

Mertesacker 8 -still for me Arsene’s best signing of the last three seasons, his leadership and distribution have made us so much better at the back.

Koscielny 9 – More apparently World Class centre forwards in his back pocket, he is everything you want in a defender.

Arteta 9 – Mopped up everything dropping in front of the back four, passed to a red and white shirt for 90 minutes.

Özil 7 – Slightly quiet game from the new arrival, but everything he does is wrapped in silk.

Ramsey 9 – Cracking goal capped a fine performance, goal scoring is his biggest improvement second is his ball retention and use, all this added to his work rate and energy levels equals a very special player. Shame on you who unjustly wrote him off.

Rosicky 7 – Worked hard without the ball and used it well when in possession.

Cazorla 8 – Some thought Özil’s arrival may have limited Santi’s pitch time, it’s pretty hard to see us start a game without him. The lad is class.

Giroud 8 – His hold up play makes the midfields job easier, unlucky not to get a goal that his work rate deserved. Bossed three centre backs around for 90 minutes.

Subs

Monreal 7 – I like using Nacho as a sub to give some protection in the latter stages, he is good enough with the ball that he doesn’t totally nullify our attacking threat.

Vermaelen 7 – did what was needed at left back.

Jenkinson 7 – not really enough time to give a rating but he was on the pitch so I don’t want to leave him out.

MotM? Maybe we should have a vote…

Gooner in Exile

99 Responses to When is a test not a test? Arsenal 2 – Liverpool 0

Not got time to read your post, GIE.
    Will savour it later.

One thing, I was surprised we could field Cazorla, Ozil and Rosicky in the same XI. What a joy it was. Laters.

2. JanMan says:

GIE. Great post, thank you. I watched the game in a sports bar in Templehof Berlin. Most of the English people in there were rooting for Liverpool while most of the Germans were rooting for Arsenal! Have to say that was a brilliant performance from the Arsenal, totally out played Liverpool and made them look very ordinary. Shame the the fools on MOTD still think we are not good enough! Hope Gibbs is okay.

3. dws867 says:

Scored against the run of play, got lucky with a rebound, the ref disallowed a perfectly good pool goal and they lost their full backs to injury. Yeah, really convincing. Looking forward already to Dortmund putting you back where you belong. 8 years and counting ….

4. Hendon Gunner says:

Good performance by Arsenal made Liverpool look ordinary. Listened to it on the Radio at a fireworks display at Ally Pally where most of the spuds wanted Us to lose. As for Dws867 I didn’t know disiel engines could use a computer.You must be salty from Thomas the tank Engine,

5. Baldy says:

Dws867 – You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting. As for hoping for a Dortmund win in the week, I’ve always rooted for Liverpool in Europe. But then that’s the difference with class, you have none.

6. IanRealGunner says:

DWS867 – how can you disallow a goal that wasn’t scored? The referee’s whistle had already been blown, therefore no goal – and all done in accordance to the laws of the game. You should read them someday, instead of making yourself look a mug on the web.

Either LB has found a way of voting numerous times or Arteta is clear MotM. I make that right.

DWS against the run of play? The run of play that saw one Arsenal man have more touches in the attacking third than the whole Liverpool team? As for the disallowed goal take your victim tinted glasses off and watch Szczesny, Arteta, Sagna and Gibbs down tools on the second whistle. Your boys took a beating and your team is pretty shite….with Podolski, Wilshere, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain all out injured I think when it comes to squads we have plenty to rule the roost over your mush mash team for a number of years.

8. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good morning all,

A fine up-summing GiE, I think the MotM poll was a very sensible idea, I wouldn’t have wanted to pick one player over the rest, there were so many good things about the entire squad.

dws867, Scored a brilliant goal on the counter attack (it’s what good teams do), The ref had already blown up for the foul long before the ball was put in the net. As for losing a full back to injury, yours was taken to hospital before the game even started. Remind me, how many years since Liverpool won the Premiership? Oh! That’s right! Never!!

9. Redhotlouie says:

Norfolk gunner support your local team and how many times av AFC won the European cup 5 ? Haha every team has a bad day remember villa ! Don’t get to cocky learn from the last 8 years

10. Alfygun says:

Redhotlouie
    At least your manager could gracefully admit that they were beaten by the better team.

11. Norfolk Gooner says:

Redhotlouie, Arsenal were my local team when I started supporting them in 1950, I think I’m allowed to continue that support despite living in Norfolk now. You really should no about teams having bad days, your lot have been having them continuously for the past twenty one years.

12. JanMan says:

Probably best to ignore any Liverpool trolls that show up today, simply do not engage them as they are not worthy of any form of response!

13. JanMan says:

Norfolk you do not need to justify your support. Don’t take the bait my friend!

14. MIkey says:

To DWS, it was never a dis-allowed goal. A disallowed goal is when play is brought back for a earlier infringement. Atkinsons (ref) had already blown for a free kick & had not let play be re-assumed. So play was stopped!!! Liverpool kept playing, Arsenal didn’t. The ‘goal’ was ‘not allowed’ it being the difference to being ‘dis-allowed’. The whistling of the ref could heard by everyone except the Liverpool players. But Liverpool are quite right to highlight the advantage rule to applied. Atkinsosn just didn’t apply it, therefore Arsenal stopped playing & didn’t put in any challenge to prevent you from scoring. You’ve wasted some good hankies over a non-goal!!

15. Räsp says:

Great report GiE. These sad pool trolls are nearly as bad as the tiny totts, they should be glad you gave them the recognition you did – they weren’t very good …. although I wouldn’t mind nicking Suarez off them, maybe his uncharacteristic misses were because he didn’t want to upset us :P

Superb write up GIE

Why haven’t we thought of voting for MOTM before?

Seems so obvious now.

17. Longfem says:

A great post but i do not agree with your rating on Rosicky. He challenged every ball on his path yesterday, his slide tackling was upbeat. I will give him 8

18. weedonald says:

It was an interesting and fairly evenly contested game but the major differences between AFC and LFC, in my opinion were:

1) AFC defended in force, LFC were less cohesive and organized
    2) Giroud was harassing LFC’s midfield and defense all night, Suarez and Sturridge did not succeed as well as Giroud did.
    3) There was no great gulf in class between the two teams but AFC kept possession a bit better than LFC and were more clinical when it counted.
    4) The ref should have recognized the clear LFC advantage but that doesn’t mean that a goal would have been scored. It was a poor call but other than that Atkinson had a good evening.
    5) LFC showed impressive attacking skills at times but Gerrard was definitely slowing down…he is showing his age.
    6) Rodgers showed some tactical naivety against Wenger and should have stuck with his first half formation.

I can see why LFC have won so many games and feel they will, on current form, be in the top 4 come May but l think AFC have what it takes to win something this season if they can be as consistent, committed and cohesive as they were yesterday.

19. brian the gooner says:

Agree totally that Rosicky’s mark was too low.The one thing that worried me was how Liverpool could get in quite so easily on our right hand side.A better team might well have really taken advantage of this weakness.

GIE. Great read.

Having watched the game again this morning I have changed my view a little.

Liverpool can justifiably say they had enough chances to get a draw, particularly in the second half.

BTW all this talk about Stevie Me losing pace and his edge because he is too old – Rosicky is just 4 months younger and was by far the more influential of the two.

I thought TR had another fine game

21. 26may1989 says:

Lovely write up, Exile. Like Longfem, I’d have given Rosicky an 8, I thought he had a really good game. But no quibbling about the rest of it, though.

The commentators yesterday seemed very taken with Liverpool’s early pressing game. It was fine but the price you pay for that tactic is the gaps you leave behind, and those gaps are exactly what we were able to exploit for our first goal. The maturity (that word again) of Arsenal when they don’t have the ball this season is one of the principal sources of optimism.

Happy Diwali to anyone of an Indian persuasion. I’m off out for Diwali celebs now, catch you lot later.

22. Räsp says:

Arteta deserves special mention for the first goal. To expand on the description in the post ….. he picked the ball up deep in our half and seeing space ahead of him drove forward. He delivered a perfectly weighted pinpoint pass through to Sagna that teased the defender but enabled Sagna to collect the ball close to the goal line without breaking stride and virtually forcing him into delivering the cross for the goal.

This is a comment on another site from a Spurs supporter, great sense of humour.

…………………………………………………………………………………….

I can’t agree with Shelfridges comment. Arsenal look good, and when they have their full eleven out, they’ll beat anyone. We may have dominated possession when we played but that’s all we did.

The sad truth is we’d struggle to score in a free brothel at the moment.

24. wally says:

That was a solid performance. The kind that makes you believe they can really push on. Looking forward to the next two games.

Still worry about Arteta being a really complete holding midfielder but not going to complain.

Ramsey looks like he grew up in the Barcelona academy, he is so good technically. He can play so easily with santi and mesut. Would love to see Jack, Ox and Walcott become so proficient. Wouldn’t that be a devastating combination.

Need to start getting the injured back to help rest some of the squad.

25. neamman says:

Good performance I think we just scrapped it.. maybe 2-1 would have been fairer

26. neamman says:

scrapped it maybe too hard, we deservedly won

Excellent report, GIE.

Arteta – 100 successful passes out of 106 attempted.
    5 out of 6 tackles
    3 interceptions
    2 clearances
    2 successful take-ons (1 for Santi’s goal)
    Tick tock.

Did you think the yellow and red looked better, Rasp?
    How about red and white when we’ve played at home?

I considered given TR7 an 8….but I started to think all 8’s and 9’s looked like trumpet blowing. :) and I didn’t want Ozzy to be the only 7.

30. J J Goldstein says:

What the Liverpool supporters are complaining about is the fact that, after the ref blew, they attempted to take a quick free kick, from which they got the ball in the net.

However,as the ref was clearly intending to book Sagna, he did not want the play to continue. Our players seem to have realised that that was his intention and stopped playing.

On another day, with any other ref, he might have let play continue and it would have been a goal.

To be fair, I can understand the LFC position.

Did someotne not say that the ref blew a second time to stop the Liverpool players?

31. Räsp says:

Hi chas, I just thought the yellow and blue was a tad garish. I was going to produce a new banner that says ‘We’re still top of the league’

32. Räsp says:

We had stopped playing well before pool put the ball in the net. If you look at the replay, the nearest defender and Sz just stopped and looked away when the ref blew up. .

Yellow and red looks like Galatasaray. :(

34. Räsp says:

OK, I’ve changed it …. are you happy now? :lol:

35. Räsp says:

Spuds and toffees draw …. result! …… the mighty Arsenal will be top of league at the end of November

36. r0blucci says:

I think that might be our strongest 11. That trio of Mozart, Santi and Ozil is so good it sends shivers up the spine.

No. Far too garish. :)

Hang on, I just put my sunglasses on and it’s much better.

:cool:

40. r0blucci says:

We should give Sagna a contract just because of this.

He nearly ate the lad. lol

41. jnyc says:

Im glad most people saw how immense Arteta was. He was everywhere doing everything. No doubt motm.

one big difference between the two teams :
    every chance they had came from an individual effort- almost all suarez. All of our chances came at the end of team play. No comparison at all.

they can challenge spurs for.fourth. United will be sixth or seventh.

We need to go into next sunday with the confidence that we are the better team. No nervousness, no awe. Just put them away like the average team that they are.

42. Räsp says:

Hi jnyc …. some of us were singing his praises 18 months ago :roll:

….. mind you, I regret the bit about Van Judas :oops:

Do you think Arteta is pleased with his choice to come down South – even with a reduction in wages, which I am sure AW has sorted by now?

I was looking for a Spurs defeat, a draw at Goodison is a decent point

44. Räsp says:

Legoman is loving it Raddy, such a shame we didn’t have the funds or intent to recruit him when Gilberto left.

45. neamman says:

spurs draw was a win for us, both sides drop 2 points

#

Woo, Kieran has just gone even further up in my estimation.

48. Raddy
    They could have got a couple for a draw but we could have scored 3 more

By way of celebration today we went to The Pigs.

50. I’m not watching the welsh derby but Vorm has been sent off.

51. He’s going to be a big strong gooner!

Rasp do you think when Gilberto left Arteta would have come and played the role he has for us? Was still quite attacking then from memory, I think that attacking nous is what makes him so good at playing deeper in midfield for us.

GM :D and if we keep playing like this it won’t be difficult to hold him to the red and white

“Bieber walks off stage after bottle thrown at him”

Hmmmmm, now who did this?

My vote is for GN5.

Great report GIE, sorry I couldn’t get on to post earlier. Really enjoyed the game and I agree with most of the comments today. I do feel though that Utd slowly overcoming some of the early Moyes teething problems and are coming into a bit of form, and the current 8 point gap will not be a true reflection of how difficult next week will be at their place. A draw there would be a good result but we should go there to win rather than contain.

BTW I was sitting next to a couple of Pool fans for this game. Not sure how they got tickets in the Arsenal section but they recognised that they ought to be a bit careful not to broadcast it, and were very respectful. The problem was they looked so Liverpudlian, but weirdly in a retro beetles type of way. Big hair in a 60’s style and retro style clothes and hats, and they even sounded like Macca and Ringo.

I have to say though that we talked throughout the game, and I thoroughly enjoyed their company At the end they were very magnanimous in defeat and full of praise as to how we played. They loved the stadium and said the atmosphere was far more intensive than they had been led to believe. Their view was that they felt that both Arsenal and Liverpool were “proper clubs” and hoped that if they didn’t win the league that it would be us.

57. Norfolk Gooner says:

Hope you enjoyed the meal GiE, I wasn’t too impressed on a recent visit to The Pigs, very long wait for food even on a quiet Friday lunchtime, staff had a couldn’t care less attitude, offered weak excuses instead of apology when I complained. If your experience was better I’ll give it another try sometime.

58. JanMan says:

LB: You sly dog! Trying to stir up trouble :-) He is such a nice lad, why would anyone do such a terrible thing?

59. evönne says:

longfem @12:33 – absolutely, I thought Rosicky was outstanding yesterday.

Other than this, a faultless report from GiE, a joy to read, Thanks.

60. evönne says:

GiE – George does not look happy eating all these healthy carrots and spuds, give the boy some meat!

Norfolk we arrived soon after 12 and the food was quick to come, and of course Sunday 12-3 is The Pudding Club so they have a lot of staff on to replenish regularly.

Mrs Exile and Mother in Law shared an 8 hour slow cooked Shoulder of Lamb (marked as for 2 to share but could easily have fed three or four). I had Braised in Adnams Jacobs Ladder with a bone marrow bread pudding.

As a Beleiber I am very disapponted.

Top report GiE and a great idea to have a vote for MOTM. The fact that so many players have each received quite a few votes says it all.

I’m feeling very good today :)

I would rather that the Spuds had lost (they will probably maintain a challenge longer than the Toffees) but a draw is still good for us. Basically, without their usual dubious penalty the Spuds are toothless.

Goals “for” so far:
    Arsenal: 22
    Chavs: 16
    Liverpool: 17
    Spuds: 9
    Man City: 28
    Soton: 11
    Everton: 14
    ManUre: 17
    Toon: 14

You have to go down to Hull in 10th place to find a team less potent in front of goal than the Tiny Totts (Hull have 8)

64. 3 of the spuds goal were pens (2 of which were game winning non pens)

65. Locals not happy I am spuds dropped point and the Chavs
    Sheep

66. I reckon it was Bieber`s unsatisfied girlfriend…..she`s knows him as………Only Justin Beaver !.

Class stuff GIE

Arteta was the man yesterday. Got to admit, when Suarez and Sturidge are breaking it can be quite scary. They both have skill, pace, and power, but somehow Mikels reading of the game and fearless stretching for the ball helped to keep them at bay.

It seems we are tested by media, pundits, fans, every time we play. Imagine having to take an exam every week for christs sake, it would do your nut in.

Ive seen people crack during exams. Taking my final accountancy paper i noticed the bloke in front of me shaking his left leg. Within minutes both legs were rock and rolling and then seconds later he was doing what i can only decribe as a really unintentionaly crap break dance. His table, chair and papers flew everywere.

Whilst the invigilators ked him away sobbing i heard him mutter “Whats the vat rate? Whats the vat rate?”. Poor bloke had completely lost it.

Our next exams are Dortmund and Utd. Very tough papers but i forsee us passing them both. We have the quality and class to go all the way.

If not, you might hear on the local news that a middle aged man was led away by police for performing a crap break dance on the Bounds Green High Road.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

68. Räsp says:

Hi GiE @ 5:56, who knows whether Mikel would have played this way 6 years ago? all I know is we missed a player who could perform that role for quite a while. Essentially Mikel is a very intelligent footballer who reads the game and plays for the team. Strangely we may have got him when he’s past his physical peak but when his mastery of the game is superb.

LB,

Your juvenile attempt to upset me falls on deaf ears, but it will most certainly go a long way to driving me away from AA.

70. arnie says:

Great report, GiE, and the poll was a great idea! Apologies could not come in earlier. Agree with all, good discussion all round. I have to say I was also a bit nervous about this game. But, what style, what a fantastic game. Not so much worried about Old Toilet. But Dortmund away is another matter. Let us see what mettle this team is made of. Bring on BvB!!!!

71. 26may1989 says:

I don’t make a habit of listening to the rubbish talkSPORT put out but I stumbled on this while flicking around the radio today. Shock, horror, Stewart Robson comes close to complimenting Arsenal:

Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson believes the Gunners are just one striker away from mounting a genuine challenge on the Premier League title this season.

Arsenal are currently sitting five points clear at the top of the Premier League following a dominant 2-0 victory over rivals Liverpool, with manager Arsene Wenger saying he hoped their performance would win over his and the team’s critics.

In-form frontman Olivier Giroud has netted eight goals so far this term, but currently carries Arsenal’s goal-scoring duties on his shoulders.

The north London outfit’s strike force has thinned after Lukas Podolski picked up a hamstring injury back in August and with unpopular forward Nicklas Bendtner looking close to finally leaving the club.

And while summer signing Yaya Sanogo is emerging as an exciting talent, it may be too soon for him to handle the pressure of delivering at a top level.

With Liverpool boasting their in-form Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge partnership, and Man United’s Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney still yet to hit upper gear, former Highbury favourite Robson believes signing another striker in January will turn Arsenal into serious title contenders.

“I’ve always felt the group have been good enough, my criticism has been of the manager, I don’t think he’s got the best out of the players he’s had,” Robson told the Press Pass.

“Arsenal have great creative players, but I don’t think they’ve been well organised enough defensively.

“So I don’t think they need that many new players in January, though they probably need a second centre-forward just in case Giroud picks up an injury.

“Bendtner has not been good enough, we know that, so we probably need another main striker. We can’t get more creative midfield players, we’re inundated with them.

“If Arsene Wenger keeps his cool and he doesn’t get riled if they lose a couple of games, I think they have every chance of staying right at the top.”

I have to say I struggle to understand the clamour for another striker.

We have three Giroud, Podolski and Walcott.

They give us options of various formations and styles of play.

Certainly we can’t ask our midfield to play as they did on Saturday week in week out they’ll be knackered, and in some games the big man could be rested or play with a partner, Theo running off or Pod receiving a bit deeper ready to unleash a hammer, and play with two deep lying and two wide midfielders.

Something like this:

…………….Arteta…….Flamini…………..
    Özil……………………………………Santi
    …………….Theo………..Giroud………..

If Arsene wants to play in our current formation (we should have enough midfielders to rotate in reality) then we need to find another big man to play up front like Oli does or one who can hold up the ball as unselfishly as he can, that’s a few and far between striker in the modern game!

73. 26may1989 says:

Exile, I agree that the depth of our squad often isn’t properly understood. Our midfield is the best in the division and our defence is very good, but I do think we need a bit more up front.

I’m a fan of Walcott, as you may have spotted, and as an inside forward he’s venomous, but I don’t think he’s really a striker.

And I like Poldi a lot, and do think he gives us an option up front, but he’s not enough, either in terms of providing cover or in providing an option.

I would still like to see us go for a mobile forward. I assume neither Suarez nor Rooney is realistic. But someone like Loic Remy would fit the bill.

Or we could follow your suggested route and get someone to provide cover for Giroud. Llorente or Benzema?

74. arnie says:

Agreed, GiE and 26may. We do not need another forward. But if a world class forward happens to be available on a free transfer, we might just oblige. Will give this player a chance to play for Arsenal, albeit occasionally. :D :D

Happy Diwali, 26may.

75. There’s a lot of talk on twitter that we are going for someone called Costa..

76. arnie says:

GM: somebody young? Then I am all for it!!!!!

77. I don’t even know who Costa is :)

78. 26may1989 says:

Diego Costa is at Atletico Madrid. 13 goals in 12 league appearances this season. His stats for the last couple of years look great, essentially a goal every other game. But there was little before that.

Lewandowski would be fantastic, if he joined us, I’d forgive him the goal he scored against us the other week and whatever he gets on Wednesday!

79. 26may1989 says:

Arnie, Diwali Mubarak and Saale Mubarak.

80. arnie says:

Thanks 26may, Saal Mubarak to you and your family as well.

Lewandowski is not going to do anything funny on Weds, we need to win this game, or at least a draw. He will be a notable other, like Suarez on Saturday. If either of them join Arsenal in Jan, welcome. :D :D

Motning all.

Exile,
    Thank you. A top report as usual, and love the vote for man of the match. I have to go for Arteta due to my constant moaning about my defensive midfield concerns. There was nothing to worry about in this department against Pool, and that has to go down to the Herculean display from the Spaniard.

Morting,
    Stewart Robson revising his own version of history. What a lying pillock.

All packed for Dortmund, boys?
    Hosen lightly pressed and phrase book readied?

Ich möchte Ihre Wurst probieren

meine Rennmaus ist wund von den letzten Nächte Festlichkeiten

Stewart Robson ist ein liegend pillock

wo finde ich die Straße, die eine Vielzahl von Müttern hat in dem Fenster

chas. You naughty boy …. as if.

89. evönne says:

du bist verruckt, kein zweifel

Morning all, I see Chas is still talking like he was when we departed company at the Tavern on Saturday.

Chas,

Most disturbingly, I’ve just had a rather seedy email from Raddy, who has not only pressed his Hosen, but has had them professionally “oiled and lubricated”. His words, not mine.

Anyhow, off on pre-tour manoeuvres now, ending at Heathrow tomorrow.

Only problem is, is that I talk like that on the way in, too.

I’m off on manoeuvres as well for Ant’s birthday week.
    Auf Wiedersehen.

93. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Morning All

Cracking report GiE

Key to success –

1. “Giroud occupied three centre backs by firstly trying to win every ball”
    2. “Arteta playing the anchor role to perfection ”
    3. “the speed the football moved between Ramsey, Cazorla, Özil and Rosicky was electric”

#Overthemoon

94. Räsp says:

Morning all ……

….. New post …….

95. Celsa says:

And, just as ancient, traditional wisdom proves absolutely correct in regards to nutrition, it turns out our ancestors were right about proper potty posture as well. Hence, drinking a lot of water can decrease the issue of hemorrhoid among humans. This antimicrobial oil assists in relieving hemorrhoids pain and itching.