Reasons to be Cheerful

If we win today it will be our 9th away PL victory in a row – an Arsenal record. Given WBA’s last victory this is no given, they are clearly a decent side.

There is a cautious optimism around the club (= euphoria) the like of which we have not seen since the Highbury days. Could 7 PL and 4 CL games really have engendered this remarkable turn around? Well, if you choose to believe the red-top’s narrative. In fact we have been on a roll for most of the year; since the beginning of February our PL record is P22  W18 D2  L2. Read that again!!  56 points out of a possible 66 – we lost to THFC & AV, drew with Everton and MU.

56 out of 66! Astonishing, and almost certainly the reason why Big Raddy has been in such a good mood this year.

Can we keep it up today?

WBA have some decent players – none that would get in the AFC first 11, but in Sessegnon and Amlfitano they have players in form. However, WBA , like us, have serious injury problems in attack with Long, Anichebe, Sinclair and Anelka out (could change pre-game).

The CC game is no indicator to today’s match though some of the personnel will remain. Nor is Albion’s home form of two losses and just the one win. What is relevant is their win at Old Trafford last weekend – it shows this is a decent side who will cause us problems. They have scored just 6 goals so far which may be due to the injury problems.

Positives: There are many.  We have not lost in 6 visits to The Hawthorns. We are the only team to have scored in all our PL games. We have won our last 8 away games etc etc etc

and We are walking in an Ozil Wonderland

We seem to be pressing higher up the pitch aided by the tireless Giroud who is adding much more than a goal-scoring threat. It is helped by the arrival of the energetic rampaging style of The Flamster, we looked very solid when he teamed up with Arteta. This could be the answer in away fixtures where we will play more on the break. However, This means that Wilshere is once again on the bench – a luxury but surely one which needs to be sorted, he is too good to ride the pine. And what happens when Santi and Theo come back?

My Team:

hpm1

Of course we could play Jack in place of Tomas but AW (and I) love what Rosicky brings to the team – energy, pace of thought and action and huge determination. Expect to see Wilshere on the 70 minute mark. We have little attacking threat on the bench should Arsenal fall behind, the sooner Podolski and Walcott return the better.

The results were predictable yesterday – let it be so today (apart from a humiliating defeat for the Lillywhites) because, let’s be honest, given the spirit at Arsenal it would be surprising if we lost.

Come on Arsenal, make Big Raddy a happy man (and in turn he will make Mrs. Raddy equally joyful)

Written by Big Raddy

226 Responses to Reasons to be Cheerful

1. Ant Vines says:

Thanks BR. Ant and Duck on tour today

2. Ant Vines says:

Conference Conference here we come
    Conference here we come

3. Ant Vines says:

My lemur says 3-1

4. Ant Vines says:

Just had a warning from the God of Blog saying…..”You are posting comments too quickly. Slow down”.

5. Sheep Haggëër says:

Morning thanks for the morning post BR nicely written.
    It won’t be easy this game but I said that about the Napoli game.
    I expect our midfield to run the show and one player who has impressed the sheep this year is.
    NO NO it’s not the welsh wizard,its Matthiu Flamanni he’s having a splendid season and he just slotted in with no problem .
    I’d take a draw but I’m sure we can win if we play to our usual strengths .
    Sheep in Swansea

6. Ant Vines says:

The swingometer says if we draw then we are in the Istmian League next year.
    Take a draw…hee hee.

7. Arseniel says:

Nothing but a win given our current form! I actually can’t imagine anyone beating us – but then I’m a dreamer.

8. Sheep Hagger says:

~~~~~> doesn’t bite 🐑

Morning all, more importantly morning the Ant n Duck Show…looks like it’s starting early for a 4 kick off.

Fine pre match Raddy….looking forward to watching the game with my son, Brother and his daughter for the first time following a roast dinner provided by the wonderful Mrs Exile.

I find it funny that we are all now worried about how to fit in the injured players when they return and we are already struggling to find room for some…..doesn’t seem to fit the slim squad thesis.

10. Sheep Hagger says:

Question for admin
    Why do I have to re enter my e mail address and name when I post.
    Never had to do this on this site before why ?.

11. Sheep Hagger says:

Ah it now working GIE IS THE BABY your lad if so he’s grown last pic I seen off him he was in a crib

12. Räsp says:

Hi sheepy ….answer …. I haven’t got the foggiest …. but will investigate :)

WordPress often change things and not always for the best. Sometimes they experiment and make ad hoc changes … or alternatively it could be a problem to do with your set up?

The Ant & Chas show. Excellent.

Mmmm. A roast dinner. Haven’t had one of those for years and years – not really Scandi-food. Salivating just thinking about it!

14. Räsp says:

Proper POM Raddy :P WBA will not be easy, but then with maybe with Palace being possibly the only exception, there really are no easy games in the EPL this season. This is the most competitive year ever in the history of the Prem and to win it we will have to win games like WB away.

I now see our loss to Villa as a positive – would we have reacted so positively had we won that game? …. who knows, but it was an early reality check and every win that has come after has been as a result of hard work, the apparent complacency shown in some fixtures in previous seasons is gone.

15. Räsp says:

Are Ant and Duck still dating Georgie Bingham?

Luckily I’m on the Paddington to Penzance line as I gather there are severe delays on trains in the Midlands area. Some kind of
    “incident” they say.

BR
    Can’t see anything other than an easy win.
    So I suggest Mrs BR braces herself.

17. Ant says:

Please report anything suspicious

18. Chas says:

I’ve just reported Ant to the guard

19. Ant says:

Bingham?

20. Rang says:

Go all out in first fifteen minutes again and we’ll have our win regardless of who play. There’s a reason why we are top and they are tenth. It is quality.

21. Forfuckssake says:

We are buzzing like Ibiza. Beautiful people beautiful goals. The way we demolished Napoli in the first half was legend. Draw with WBA after tbat? No chance this has got to be 3 point. None of their team would make our first eleven.

Good to see “cautious optimism”

23. Ant says:

Weve scared off the reserved seats next to us! The cider is delicious at this time of the morning! Pub crawl is planned…..

24. Chas says:

Sheepy, Ant’s having a Brains SA Gold in honour of you and your draw fetish.

Ooh a Brains SA Gold….lovely.

Sheepy are you posting from ios7 by any chance? I have a feeling something borked in Safari as I’m having to do same….seems to have a problem with certain types of Cookies and is not just happening here.

I have some Meantime London Lager in the house today to try and get my brother off the watered down blandness that is mass produced lager like Fosters etc , have a six pack of Fosters Gold in reserve to fall back on for the lily livered tart if he spits it out.

By the way Sheep yes that is my lad he was about 8 months when that went on.

Here’s one of him this morning (9 months)

The Stars Wars reference is Luke Skywalker with no hand if anyone fails to get it :D

DanDan thinks future centre half, after going over the park and watching the football on offer I’m not sure he will be playing unless I can find a team with a coach prepared to coach a bit of pass and move. All I saw was balls being kicked in the air and a mass of bodies trying to get the thing under control before booting it in the air again. Even from a throw in the biggest lad went over and launched it in to the box, these were probably 8-9 year olds.

This is what annoys me, I see them being coached during the week and it’s all dribbling and passing drills and then come Matchday it becomes kick and rush.

Would like to know if it’s different on continent.

28. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good day to you all.

Excellent pre-match BR, optimistic without going over the top.

Your team sheet looks pretty accurate. Jack to come on for Thomas around the sixty minute mark. We need Jenks to step up the the plate this afternoon, I don’t know how many games he has played this season, hope he isn’t a bit rusty.

Szczesny has been very good on crosses so far this season, some summer coaching perhaps?

I hope Ant & Duck make it to the game and don’t get thrown off the train.

Gunners to win by two clear goals and go back on top.

I didn’t know Sheepy had a draws fetish, don’t let Colin the Coypu hear about it or he’ll be on the next bus to good old Cymru.

Having had a bit more of a look into ios settings it seems that maybe the new setting to block third party cookies may be playing havoc with WordPress as I think Safari may see WordPress as a third party, I will try and turn off and see if problems continue .

30. Ant says:

In the ‘spoons first step, wild goose pale ale and a Tribute for Micky! Gooners everywhere in Brum centre.

31. Thanks Raddy. great Pre match as usual. Winning at OT isn’t what it used to be though.

What are those chaps on MotD2 smoking?

33. Ant says:

GIE… that lad is a Arsenal player in the making. Stone Roses fan already… Love it!

34. Ant says:

I’m an Arsenal fan and have never slagged off Wenger or Aaron Ramsey.. It was the press!

35. Chas says:

Loving Georgie in his Stone Roses t shirt. I wanna be adored.

36. arnie says:

Fantastic, Raddy, great pre-match as usual, and plenty of food for thought. Cautious optimism? Good fun all, we are warming up nicely to yet another away game. One that we should win, and most likely will.

Two quick points, following on from yesterday. First, not too worried about the defence. Jenks should be fine. How is Verms doing? Perhaps he should get part of the game, BFG is overworked at the moment. Even a big, strong German needs a bit of a break, just ocassionally.

Second, with Sagna out, I am a bit worried about us moving forward. Against Napoli, Gibbs was left alone on the left with no one to deliver to further upfront. We had all the joy on the right, Sagna had plenty of options. Now things have turned around a little bit. Maybe more of the deliveries will come from the centre, through Arteta/ Flamster. But I still feel we will need to use teh width of the pitch against WBA. We still have a problem on the left, and even if I like Rosicky a lot, I do not see him as a solution. Perhaps I will be proved wrong. Wilshere did better when he came on against Napoli, gave us width, and maybe if we do not score early he will have a run in. Or, maybe not? The “Fagshire” incident was daft, to say the least!

If we manage to score early, let us see how we are at the containment game. At the cost of making Raddy’s blood boil……

37. Chas says:

The minority wankers who criticise all the time don’t realise the effect they have.

38. Ant says:

Pub 2 on its way!

39. Chas says:

Pub 2 is a lap dancing bar apparently

40. Ant says:

Will there be wi fi or just ale?

41. Ant says:

Or size 44 jugs!

42. arnie says:

chas: the “minority wankers” can go to hell. Whatever it takes, we will retain the optimistic outlook in AA.

43. Chas says:

44 pint jugs of Doom Bar are damn heavy to carry

44. arnie says:

GiE: good to see you are nice and cheerful and full of optimism today. I was getting a bit worried yesterday!!!!!

45. Ant says:

Just having a pint of BFG!

46. Chas says:

Arnie,
    GIE is a conundrum, a bit like his graphs, difficult to fathom.

47. Chas says:

Just seen orville … Is he a duck?

48. Ant says:

3 hours to kick off.. The world is our lobster..

49. arnie says:

chas: hmmmm, I see. I suspected perhaps a few too many pints…

50. Ant says:

Mushroom pate baguette from Chas.. Heaven!

51. Chas says:

Too many pints is impossible

52. Chas says:

Orville was a duck with a man up his arse! Ohh err!

53. Chas says:

Armies.. How very dare you… chas has only had 12 so far!

54. Chas says:

A fist, surely? Apologies to peaches’ Mum

55. arnie says:

chas: sounds like great fun!!!!!

56. Too many pints chas? I went to bed at 6:30 in my socks, pants and Arsenal shirt last time I saw you. (it was my son’s fault)

57. Ant says:

Thanks armies.. Hee hee. Pissed! Peace for a while we are off on the trail..next stop Jewellery Quarter for urban art bars

58. evonne says:

GM – you went to bed with Chas?? but you are completely flat chested!!

59. I’ve been having hormone treatment since I last saw you evonne

60. Let’s be avin ya

Cheers Raddy

Albion away is a creepy game but we should give them a nice beating.

On your line up, well i hope Jack plays. I think the lad is ready to explode, in a nice way of of course

I envy chas and Ants away trip, but i must say West Brom is not my favourate venue

i went there in the eighties and stayed over hoping to get me some but the place was so dull i left early and on the trip home eas so depressed i questioned my sexuality.

Its better then Wolverhampton though. After staying a night up there i was close to organising my own Gay Pride march

Come on you Mighty Reds.

62. BFG is out apparently

63. evonne says:

Per out??? WHY?

64. arnie says:

GM: hmmmm, I suppose this means Verms gets a start. BFG was overworked, seriously overworked….

65. evonne says:

Borussia lost yesterday 2:0 to minnors! Good, the wheels are coming off?

66. Ant says:

We’ve arrived at JQ and loadsa women TMHT! You must have been drunk in the 1980s!

67. Ant says:

Now on the Bathams!

68. Ant says:

Evonne, Chas is a virgin!

69. Chas says:

I’m saving myself for you

70. dandan says:

Afternoon all, nice PM Raddy thank you. Interesting key players are being pulled as injured just prior to an international week are we doing a Fergie I wonder. :-)

71. Ant says:

Holders golden glow next…

72. Ant says:

Holdens before spellcheck

73. Good point dandan, good afternoon to you too.

74. Ant says:

What’s the team?

75. Chas says:

Disregard all posts labelled Chas before

76. Chas says:

As it was me!

77. Chas says:

Evonne.. Back to your bed..

78. Ant says:

Chas is on the rampage!

79. Ant says:

Winston Churchill had a Mohican in the JQ!

80. dandan says:

Hi Mike. Yuks!!! “Cider” cant stand the smell of it or indeed any apple based drink, havnt touched the orrible brew since my brother came home drunk on it and projectile vomited all over me as I lay asleep in bed, 50 years ago

81. Ant says:

Cider or real ale.. Lovely..come on Norwich

82. Ant says:

Micky, ou est la surf?

83. evonne says:

dandan!! I have just had my sunday lunch!

Is Per really out?

84. Ant says:

In out in out shake Dandan about!

85. Ant says:

Team news?

86. dandan says:

Evonne I trust you enjoyed it, have just had some Salmon quiche to push us on until after the game and then its Turkey and Cranberry Wellington tonight.

87. dandan says:

They are all at it, Cole just went off injured. :-)

88. evonne says:

yes Dandan, my mother is a much better cook than I am :)

Stomach nicely lined up for the game.

Lucky lucky Chavs. Norwich all over them, two awful defensive mistakes and throw the game away

90. arnie says:

sounds tasty. still at work, and surviving on a bag of dry roasted nuts, but off home soon for the game, and a nice meal awaits, hey ho!!!!

91. dandan says:

Goalkeepers god bless em, John Ruddy just cost Norwich a Draw with Chelsea.

Jack and Jenks in. Sagna and Rosiscky out.

Jacks going to explode, but in a nice way

93. Afternoon all

Thanks Raddy for the pre-match, sorry I’m late to the party, I’ve been enjoying a seriously sunny day here in Hertfordshire.

Ready for the game now though ……. bring it on ;)

94. Looks like the chavs had a lucky win according to gooners on twitter.

Jack’s gonna start ……………..

95. Sheep Hagger says:

Just do it Arsenal as Nike say ✔️

96. Sheep Hagger says:

Just got in been down the daughters for food roast beef in red wine sauce lovely
    No sign of any sheep
    Come on gooooners

97. dandan says:

Arsenal team: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Flamini, Ramsey, Wilshere, Ozil, Giroud

98. So much for BFG being out.

Afternoon Lads,

Great performances from Ant ‘n Duck. Nice work fellas.

That team should give them a good thrashing. Bend over WBA, I say, and take it like a man.

100. Sheep says:

Nicholas Anelka the incredible Sulk never let your brother be your agent .
    Sheep chapter12 page 88

Great save TPIG

102. Anyone know how to refresh the page in the WordPress app on an iPad?

Still totally relaxed about this.

Their goal was a fluke. Nothing to worry about. Imagine Tomas on for Jack and we score a few.

The sun is shining, Sz looks vibrant in violet, love the Famini/Arteta axis, all will be well.

No one told me f***ing Mason was in charge….total front bottom, I swear he only watches ball and legs.

Poor half

Wilshere hasn’t exploded – he has been a damp squib and at the centre of all that hasn’t happened this half.

We have been slow all over the pitch, too many passes, not getting forward enough and little from the wings

Jenks hasn’t put in one decent cross despite loads of attempts.

OG forced to shoot from 35 yds thanks to lack of support.

45 mins to turn it around.

106. Hmmmmmm …….Jack’s not having a good time out there :(

Micky. Wish I shared your optimism.

108. Lets take Jack off ………..

Think we’ve lacked a bit in the final third but think Wilshere is playing the ref and opposition more than the ball.

As soon as we saw Mason’s name on teamsheet we should have realised we would get nothing. The team should have been well prepared for it.

I reckon he has missed at least three fouls on Jack the body check being the most obvious), one on Ramsey, one on Arteta.

Booking for Flamini fair, booking for Jack ridiculous, he gets the ball first he is already going for the ball when the West Brom player sticks his foot in the direction of travel otherwise Jacks foot would not have made the ball. If the West Brom player had done that it open play against someone on their feet the foul would have been against him for turning his man.

Raddy,

If they hadn’t scored, you’d be thinking “we up it in the second half, and the points are ours”

So they fluked one, and we need a brace. I see it happening with Tomas in the side.

111. arnie says:

Come on Arsenal. Plenty of time. But the midfield needs to be organised. Need some pace as well. Here is another alternative: Ramsey (left), Ozil (centre), Gnabry (right)?

112. arnie says:

Ramsey and Wilshere were in any case interchanging during teh first half.

Wilshere’s mind is elsewhere….. really annoyed

Right. The sun has passed the yard arm. Time for a stiffener

114. evonne says:

11 players defending, hard to brake through
    But the lads are passing the ball too slowly, some creativity is needed
    To be fair Gie Mason could have given a free kick to WBA too

That’s the spirit Raddy :-)

Mason makes another terrible decision against us

We HAVE to get Ozil on the ball.

Should be 3-0. Anelka being good to us

AW get Rosicky on the pitch

Brilliant goal……..

119. arnie says:

ok, level now, and it is …. Wilshere!!!!!

Yessssssssssssss

121. evonne says:

you what peaches? take the goalscorer off :)

122. Maybe, lets leave Jack on so that he can score a goal :lol:

Now, one more stiffener Raddy and we’re there :-)

124. Irishgunner says:

Spuds 2-0 down

125. evonne says:

love the Hammers :)

126. evonne says:

wise decision Peaches

The goal is coming

Come on you Gunnnners

128. Irishgunner says:

3-0 :lol:

If Jack’s booking was correct, that’s a penalty all day long.

Had another stiffener.

Coem on you Gunners

131. This ref is such a bastard

Mason must be on a bung. Terrible performance

OG off???

Why not give it a proper go Mr Wenger?

Oh dear the stiffeners atre making me aggressive :-(

Mason has been WBA’s MoM

135. Rasp says we go back on top alphabetically

136. Irishgunner says:

Hard fought point – ref was wank but West Brom played well enough

137. Raddy – I bet one of your reasons to be cheerful wasn’t the spuds losing three nil at home hahaha

Seriously Peaches, back on top?

I’ll take that any day of the season (preferably the last day, yes) :-)

No panic, lads, away points happen

139. Top on goals scored – We are top of the league say we are top of the league :)

I sense a “blame the ref” session looming. Not my bag. Later.

141. evonne says:

Hi Peaches! My mum thinks we should have told Mason to get off the pitch :)

3:0 to hammers at WHL, at least 1 great result

Have to say that I was disappointed with the performance. We lacked Thrust.

Whether this was due to a good defensive midfield performance from WBA or that our passing was not crisp enough is difficult to say.

Ozil was kept quiet and Ramsey looked knackered. The two week break is coming at the right time assuming our players are “injured”.

OG didn’t get much to work with but ran non-stop.

Bottom line is this ….. Had Theo been in the team we would have won.

143. Agree with you Raddy about if Theo had been playing.

144. Sheep hagger says:

Hello
    I’m happy I got a draw fetish and the spuds lost could be worse .
    Sheep

145. arnie says:

Raddy: agree. no deliveries right or left side. too narrow in attack. this is not going to work. how long will Sagna be away?

146. arnie says:

I think it is not only Theo. We have several players who can overlap on teh right flank. we missed deliveries. On the left, the situation is worse. Jack was poor first half, second half he was switched around and did OK. But on the left side, Rosicky just isnt good enough. When are the Ox/ Poldi back?

Interesting to me was that we seemed to offer a threat until NikB came on, ok wasn’t clear threat but we were still pressing, it was almost like the players were looking up and saying “Seriously? Pass to him?” When NikB was warming up my Brother and me were asking with midfielder would come off, like Raddy I was expecting us to go a bit more gung-ho. Was surprised to see Flamini so much further forward than Arteta during the second half.

Tried hard and pushed a lot but nothing really came off today, showed a lot of heart to get the equaliser and Giroud was unlucky with the one on one. The question has to be would another striker have scored? And with that question comes a caveat….not just any striker a striker who can play the hold up game as well, and furthermore if you pick a right footer you have to ask whether he could have taken the chance with his weaker foot. Myhill did well he came late and made Giroud rush.

I will take the point even though we are now 5 points down against the swing….yep certainly relegation looms…I’ll personally be happy when we get to 40 points. :D

148. arnie says:

Bottomline: We are Top of the League, still, even if only alphabetically ……

149. Chas says:

How does it feel to be Tottnumb, how does it fel to be small, you sold Bale, we signed Mesut Ozil

150. Who got the assist for Jack’s goal?

151. Sheep says:

Don’t panic WBA are a much improved team as we all saw last week.
    I can still walk tall in Swansea
    Sheep

152. Sheep says:

West brom is in the midlands were is south brom

Sheep
    It’s below North Brom

All in all not a bad performance or result and we go into the international break top of the table.

There was a bang-on penalty on Jack in the second half (Kozzer gave up a pen and got carded for a highly debatable brush on the Villa player in our first game – today the West Brom player went straight through the back of Jack’s legs and then got the ball. Should have been penalty and red card).

Jack’s definitely not got his game back, but I guess that AW is deciding that – as with Ramsey – the best thing is to keep playing him until things come together. Today’s goal will have helped, even if it was a bit of a Lampard Special.

Oh… and let’s all laugh at T*ttenham :D :D :D

Bloody hell!

Just looked at the Daily Telegraph. Their headline for our game is “Wilshere earns draw with lucky strike.”

How come they never wrote that about Lampard after all his hundreds of deflected goals over the years!

Spurs :-) :-) :-D

157. Rocky, calm down mate, ‘Lucky Strike’ is/was a brand of cigarette.

WATA

Ha ha, brilliant. I wonder if the Telegraph Journo was having a clever dig or you’ve just out smarted him.

Peaches think it was Rosicky assist, Ozil to Giroud to Rosicky to Jack

Yip, I’m a happy bunny. Off we potter into the International break, top of the league, with time for our Santis, Pods, Bacs and so on to freshen up.

Icing on the cake is Totts having to stew for two weeks on a whopping 0-3 home defeat :-)

161. Alright Micky, I’m not sure because Ian Payne used the same line on 5-Live.

162. BR got it bang on this morning with his post this morning he opened up with this.

163. We were missing the killer instinct like we had against Napoli,but a point is a point

164. Good point in the end.

165. Why was Wiltshire getting the Booooooooooo treatment today I can stand it last week when swans booooooo Ramsey he’s x Cardiff

166. Chas says:

We are going down, say, we are going down

Haha WATA
    I completely missed that joke :oops:

168. I guess it helps if you smoke Rocky :)

169. arnie says:

Still in it, the show goes on, tough test today, did OK not brilliant, but still in it. On with the show! f**k the journos!!!

170. I’m off now the sheep need to be put away and I’m working tomorrow.
    Bye

171. kgooner says:

@WATA Rocky or if you’ve watched AMCs madmen.

all in all smoking goal from Jack. a draw is a fair result considering the chances created by both teams. one thing is for sure, we need the injured players to get back. a decent substitute today would have given us an edge in the top third.

kgooner during the chat with peeps pre Napoli we all agreed that Podolski is someone you can stick on if you’re looking for a goal, he just finds space and has a knack of arriving at right time and you trust him to bury it given the chance.

Today if everyone was for we probably would have started similarly but a midfield of Arteta, Ozil, Ramsey, Theo, Santi.

And then been able to throw on Pod if looking for a goal. But with that midfield we might not be looking so needily. :D

174. Räsp says:

Hi guys and gals, can anyone confirm who got the assist for Jack’s goal please

Rocky.

Lucky strike is also a brand of cigarettes.

Oops – just noticed that wata already pointed that out.

Rasp you don’t listen to me anymore :( Rosicky assist (confirmed by BBC)

178. I quite forgot ……….who wants to write about the game for a post tomorrow?

179. kgooner says:

@GiE Ramsey has become a vital cog. today he was a bit off especially after the early injury concern after a 50-50 challenge for the ball. I felt wbrom specifically marked him and stifled his normal presence. had he been present the whole 90mins, we would have been more of a threat. also his ball recoveries would have helped.

I miss the pod. you’re right in pointing out his ability to score an unexpected goal. God knows we could have used that today.

Santiago would have neatly crept in between the wbrom bus as it were.

we passed the test today. that we can come back from a goal down and punt till the last min

180. Räsp says:

Thanks Gie :P

As regards the Swingometer ….. don’t you think it would work better if we renamed it … ‘The Doomometer’ … ‘The Negameter’ …… ‘HalfCupOmeter’ ? :lol:

181. Kgööner says:

just showing off my new öös. Kgööner

Still, they’re taking defeat well down at the Sh*thole…

“SamSam 2013-10-06 19:49
    We have to get a grip and not believe our own hype – 2 (dodgy) penalties to win the first two games and a 93rd minute goal to beat Cardiff. We boasted we dominated Arsenal but didn’t create a single chance against them with Lloris making 4 world class saves to keep us in it.

Maybe spanking **** Europa cup teams is a detriment as it makes us believe we’re better than we are. No guts today.”

183. fatgingergooner says:

Hard earned point today. Fancied West Brom to be tough opponents after their United win and so it proved.

I think Wenger got his tactics wrong a little bit today. Starting with 4 similar CM’s wasnt going to work and played into West Broms hands. It wasn’t until we mixed it up with Rosicky that we started to look a bit livelier. Surely Gnabry could’ve been included to provide width and penetration.

If someone had offered us top spot after 7 games though I would’ve bitten there hand off, so still happy.

184. Rasp the swingometer of Doom is in your inbox :D

The reason I said we would have won with Theo in the side was we lacked pace and an attacking partner for OG. As Arnie said, we had nothing on either wing.

Furthermore, I felt we were pressing too deep. I mentioned in the post how we were working hard from the front but today it seemed that we were working from the half-way line.

Today the handbrake was left on.

186. dhakka09 says:

Draw was minimum and the boys delivered it. Fair play to them, though Anelka in his pomp* would’ve buried us.

Jenko is still some ways behind the Bac. I felt he was too afraid to drive forward with the ball and chose back-passes too often, lack of confidence maybe?

The one player we missed most was Wally. I was still surprised that Gnabry wasn’t given a chance. Well, even Arsene doesn’t get everything right all the time. So, no worries.

Tottenumb loss makes this draw a lot more palatable too. It’s not the end of the world. It’s just 2 dropped points against a form-team away from home. We shouldn’t fret much. A satisfactory day, overall.

*Anelka in his pomp would’ve never played for WestBrom anyway :)

187. Räsp says:

OK, The Swingometer is back :) The font is a bit small because there is so much information, let me know if you can’t read it.

GiE … couldn’t we leave out columns 13/14 and 12/13 to make it more simple?

Sounds fair enough Rasp.

Rasp, if you left out those two columns, no-one would understand the f*ckin thing. :)

We are going down say we are going down.

190. Räsp says:

Haha chas …. exactly :?

191. Thanks for the Pre-match write up, Raddy.
    I’d rather have our bad day at the office than Tottenham’s :D
    It sounded a very end to end game, but I worry about our defence. As warrior-like and committed as Laurent Koscielny is, he continues to show irrational periods of sheer clumsiness that will continue to cost us. On another day his shove in the back would have conceded a penalty, but we didn’t deserve to lose today, the football leading up to Jack Wilshere’s goal was sublime.
    Arsenal were a little off the pace today, but they’re allowed the odd one, especially after such a fantastic performance against Napoli on Tuesday.
    And we’re still top, which in itself is something to enjoy and saviour for the next fortnight.

192. arnie says:

To the Totnumbs:

193. arnie says:

maybe chas had already posted this one earlier, but still thought today is a day to remember this again.

Arnie
    I’ve seen it before but that clip is absolute genius.

Little lie in, then Chas :-)

The Swingometer is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We’re 9th. Brilliant :-)

Rasp
    Never ever listen to the masses, or you open the doors to mob rule. We now all know the Leadership of the site is weak.

We want the silent assist widgit
    We want the silent assist widgit
    We want the silent assist widgit

Morgen Chas

Chas

Sounds like you had a great day.

Hahahahah, my favourite video of the year.
    AVB’s disbelief and Freund slithering around on the floor. Priceless.

The Billy Smart’s music is just perfect, too.

Chas

First time I’ve seen it, and I was going to ask who was slithering about. Hysterical. Also, AVB’s incomprehensible hand movements.

My interpretation is: roll over forwards, do the upside down tortoise, swap shorts, then dive.

Just been watching the spuds. :)
    Shite Hart Lane looked at bit empty yesterday.

“To dare is to do” ROLF

Classy Cockney women?

Blondie is a true gooner.

How does it feel to be Tottnumb?
    How does it feel to be small?
    You sold Bale
    We signed Mesut Ozil, Mesut Ozil, Mesut Ozil

207. Morning blog chums, has anyone offered to write a post for today…….save me reading back :oops:

208. Räsp says:

Micky @ 6:43 :lol:

If you’d care to compile the figures I’ll publish your ‘Silent Assists’ widget, but it would have to be hush hush

Lovely to start the morning laughing at Tottnumb

210. Oh dear, no offers and nothing in the cupboard :( …….. some player ratings would be good as a discussion starter, anyone????

Make them up, Peaches :-)

Give them something to disagree with and sound clever!

212. Peachy, do you want me to knock up a ten minute special ?

Something highly sub-standard in nuts.

214. chary – that would be marvelous, can you publish it yourself when you’re ready please?

215. Thanks chas – I can’t get into nuts, maybe we can add yours to chary’s …….. over to you Rasp if you’re about.

216. It’s up now Peachy..so new(hastily put together) match report.