A challenging evening ahead ……..

Big game for both teams. Swansea need to push ahead with their recent run of results – beating Palace, Valencia, WBA and drawing with Liverpool is proof that last season’s surprise package are still a very good team. They have had a very difficult opening fixture list already played MU, ‘Pool and Spurs.

There is a growing belief that this Arsenal team have potential to do very well and a win at the Liberty Stadium would heighten expectation even further.

Swansea: I watched the draw with Liverpool and it was a very entertaining game which Swansea would have won but for some inexplicable play from Jonjo Shelvey. Hard to believe but Shelvey is a decent player away from the Anfield hell-hole.

There is quality throughout the Swansea team. At the back there is the (supposed) AW target of Ashley Williams, and he is just the type of player we like; strong in the tackle, good in the air, a natural leader and the beating heart of the Swans. Upfront the much admired Michu and the record signing Bony, who has scored 6 goals in 7 starts.

There is pace down the flanks with the spoilt brat Dyer and Routledge. An enduring memory of last season was Dyer’s tantrum after not being allowed to take a penalty at Wembley – a perfect example of the Me generation. Hard workers in midfield and a quality keeper make Swansea a tough prospect, especially at home.

Michael Laudrup seems to be a spiky personality with there being press-talk of his problems with the Swansea BoD, but he certainly knows how to create a football team. Anyone (even Evonne) could go to Old Trafford and get into the top 4 but what makes a great manager is the ability to build a team. SAF did it many times as has AW., Laudrup appears to made of the same stuff. As he remains loved at both RM and Barca, his future is assured. Future Arsenal manager? Possibly.

Arsenal: We are so blighted with injury in the forward areas that Mr Wenger will be forced to play Mr Giroud upfront on his own. Yes – the Christmas tree formation, with Özil , Jack and Ramsey running hard to create a forward line. It has worked before and we have enough attacking talent in midfield for this to be a successful tactic.

Theo’s absence allows Arteta to come back into the team and The Flamster to stay rooted as DM. I look forward to seeing how Arteta performs further forward. Of course, this assumes that neither Gnabry nor Bendtner start the game and given they both played the full 120+ mins at WBA, it seems a reasonable assumption.. My hope is that both sit on the bench until required and we play a slightly defensive game. The surprising possession stats. against Stoke show that we can sit back and attack on the break.

My team:

swans v arse

Problems arise due to the absence of Rosicky and in particular Cazorla who could really make this formation work.

We are on a remarkable run of form. 8 winning away games on the bounce and just the one stupid referee induced loss in a very long time (can’t be bothered to check the stat). Can this Arsenal team really be this good or is it purely that we haven’t played any quality opposition? Today is yet another test.

With confidence high and both teams committed to attacking football the prospect of an exciting game lies ahead.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

187 Responses to A challenging evening ahead ……..

Excellent BR

A great read, the team looked strange until I tried to think of something else. It is unusual not to have any pace, it will force the team to play a tight passing game which of course they are able to do. I am looking forward to this one.

2. 26may1989 says:

As ever, a super dooper PM.

I’d stick to 4231:

——————-Szczesny
    Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    —————-Arteta Ramsey
    ——Gnabry —– Özil —-Wilshere
    ———————Giroud

Subs: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Monreal, Flamini, Bendtner, Miyaichi

The bench is getting stronger, just waiting for those creative types to come back.

3. Morning all from Jackland (Swansea).
    Nice write up BR .
    We have fitness doubts on Rambo and the flannel so i think that Monreal my make a start ,no Aw for the swans and Hernandez is out for them .
    I’m off to the game I can see our midfield being too strong for Swansea
    And we got to man mark Michu as he’s a deadly finisher
    Much love
    Sheep hagger ™

4. Rang says:

Challenging yes, but it will be nothing but a midfield war. If Flamini and Ramsey are ready, we will be ample there. COYG

I am going to be picky here and alter 26’s team slightly.

——————-Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs

————Wilshere — Arteta

——Gnabry—Ramsey—Özil

———————Giroud

Keeping Gnabry at the cost of Flamini makes sense.

Oh, and Ozil to open his account today.

7. Just spotted some arsenal fans having breakfast so I shouted this to them they looked amazed
    Dewch ar arsenal

8. Sav from Australia says:

Nice write-up Raddy. I like the succint explanations of the Swansea team, because as I don’t follow most of the other PL teams, its good to know whats going on with the opposition.

Match kick-off is 2.30 Sydney time. Naturally I have started pre-drinks already.

Out of curiosity, what’s the match-day ritual like for my geographically advantaged brothers and sisters who live in a reasonable time zone?

Sav

Is that 2.30am or pm?

10. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good (late) morning to you all,

A very good pre-match as always BR, If we are going to play a more defensive game Walcott’s absence will be sorely felt as his pace is vital in counterattacks.

If Flamini passes his fitness test I’d like to see him continue his role as the holding mid-fielder while Arteta could come on from the bench as he gradually returns to full fitness.

Sheepy, Dewch ar arsenal? those fans probably thought you some bloody foreigner. :D

11. Norfolk Gooner says:

Sav,

Early evening kick off, or tea-time as we call it. Mostly cloudy about 17c dropping to 15 by full-time, should be ideal playing conditions. Just right for a win by The Gunners!

12. Evönne says:

John Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!! great goal :)

13. Evönne says:

i think torrez an d vertonhen are off

14. Evönne says:

no, only Torrez got a red

15. Evönne says:

the commentators are a joke feeling sorry for Torrez. He dug his nails into Vertonhen’s face earlier on today!! That should be a red alone

16. Irishgunner says:

I’m happy they are not playing cos it suits Arsenal, but Moyes and Mourinho constantly overlooking Kagawa and Mata is utter stupidity.

17. Evönne says:

that was disappointingly good game
    Never mind, good result, 4 points dropped between them

Hi Irish :)

Can you imagine what we would think of Wenger if Cazorla was fit to play and he was constantly left on the bench?

Can you imagine what they would be calling Wenger over on Le Grove…….and yet ironically they sing the Portuguese’s praises on a regular basis.

I think what I am trying to say is that Maurinho is an over rated wanker.

Cheers, BR.

Cmon you Gunners.

21. Irishgunner says:

Hi evonne and everyone

Good result for us that they both dropped points

Nice one Raddy

It will be tough, but i expect to win 5-0

On you line up. i would take a risk and play the boy Gnarbry. We need width man

Width is essential. When i observe the wife roaming the house with broom in hand i play as wide as possible.

I think its Jack Wilsheres day today. Man of the match performance topped with a goal.

Come on you mighty Reds.

24. Evönne says:

@3:02 – on that picture you can only see his thumb; the other fingers were digging into V ‘s face. Nasty! And he did all of that with a lovely smile on his face.

25. Evönne says:

Ok, I have finally had a lovely strong coffee and Raddy’s prematch for desert :) Very fair assessment to tonight’s fixture – hard test, but by all means not impossible. Sadly for us, Swans and handsome Laudrup are the new media darlings – everyone wants them to do well and they know it. Confidence is high, they are at home……but we are brilliant. I can smell 3 fat points

Oi Raddy – even useless clueless Evonne could lead ManU to 4th spot? I wish :)
    On TalkShite radio today they were talking about a ref who supposedly hates Chelsea, didn’t catch his name. Anyway, the pundits were saying that refs shouldn’t be biased and preferably chosen from people who are completely not interested in football, like Lawro :) I thought it was funny

26. Evönne says:

Irish – disgusting, violent conduct = red.

27. Irishgunner says:

It was such a twat thing to do – no other word for it. Don’t like verthongen – cheat, but that’s just such a low thing to do

28. Evönne says:

I – agree.

29. Irishgunner says:

Gnabry starts: Arsenal: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Wilshere, Ramsey, Flamini, Ozil, Gnabry, Giroud

30. kefentse says:

Great result today:
    Spuds & Chelski dropped points
    Both Mancs lose :D

COYRRG!

So City lose away at Villa, United lose at home to West Brom, Chavs Spuds draw…..win and we really start to make noises. (Gary Neville type noises). As part of a very badly organised day I’m just lighting a barbecue to entertain friends so have recorded the match to watch later. Not sure if Comms to ourside world will be stopped to watch in suspense or to look in. At half time and full time.

COYRRG Back to the top of the League please.

32. Evönne says:

OMG OMG please Dennis, this could be the most fantastic weekend ever!!! One more good result pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

33. arnie says:

Fantastic job as always, Raddy.

Fantastic results so far…..

More to come …. tra la la ….

Hi BR

(Sorry about this folks)

Don’t forget to watch the “Worlds” tomorrow. Team GB are competing and it is the first time that Wiggins and Froome have ridden together in the same team since they both won the Tour de France. And just to make it a bit more spicy Wiggins will be riding for Froome.

Back to football, what amazing results.

Thank you BR for the usual excellent mood setter

Lonely in the boozer
    I’ll wave at Sheep

37. A few players a bit off atm :(

Oh good. Just you and me on the sofa. Happy Days :-)

Glass of red Dear?

Ahhhhhh
    Nice play Grrrrnabry

41. arnie says:

really impressed with Gnabry….. Giroud could not finish the assist

42. dhakka09 says:

Come on Arsenal, make the dropped points by other contenders count PLZ. And why do our players look tired already? They had their rest. Hoping for better second half, nick a goal and hold on boys!

He’s now Surge Grrrnabry
    Come on you Gunnnnnners

44. Glass of Red, yes please :)

45. Doesn’t anyone ever tell the pundits how to pronounce player’s names……….

46. Bring on Monreal methinks and push Gibbs further up the wing

47. Irishgunner says:

I hope we really win this cos I’ll be up for the night and I want to be happy – Clare have won the All-Ireland (Pod and Santi will be happy) and I live in Ennis the main town in the county … it’ll be fireworks and singing and drinking and madness for the night … week … month!

48. I don’t know what we can do on the other side though :(

49. Hi Irish, I’ve been following your tweets about Clare :)

50. Well done Serge, took his chance well :)

Seeeeeeeeeeerge

52. Evönne says:

I was just about to say what a great player Gnarby is!!!

53. fatgingergooner says:

Aaron Ramsey, take a bow!

What a pass.

Great finish.

54. dhakka09 says:

Gnabryyyyyyy. Oh, Ozil just missed. Keep going Gunners.

55. Evönne says:

Irish – I thought Dublin won it last week. I had to deal with a drunken Irishman for days after

56. He he he Ramboooooooooooooo

57. Evönne says:

Welsh Messi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58. I hope Sheep is ok :lol:

59. fatgingergooner says:

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!

Great throw by Szscesny, beautiful flick by Rambo to start the move and great composure at the end!

Get in there!

60. fatgingergooner says:

Gnabry has been outstanding today.

61. Irishgunner says:

Peaches – It was a brilliant game, in fact two games because it went to a replay. 5-16 to 3-16 final score. Suppose I’ll go to the celebrations tomorrow as they are 2 mins away from my house even if I’m from Limerick.

Evonne – that was Gaelic Football this was hurling :)

We were on absolute fire for 5 mins there. 2-0! Get in!

62. Evönne says:

Swans can turn him into a sacrificial lamb

63. dhakka09 says:

Ramseyyyyy, great boy. He is surely worth as much as that Spud-monkey now, if not more but we won’t sell him like them :D

64. Evönne says:

Irish – ok, as long as he wasn’t pissed without a valid excuse

65. Irishgunner says:

Being Irish is a valid excuse …. isn’t it?? :P

66. Evönne says:

dhakka – what’s that all about?? First Raddy talking about our next manager after AW has announced that he is staying forever and now you selling Ramsey!!!! Aaron has no price, he’s priceless.

67. Evönne says:

Irish – yes, for foocking everything.

68. arnie says:

we need to compose a song for Surge Nabry …….

69. Evönne says:

Jack!!! that mistake could cost us

Szczesny’s girlfriend told me that Wojtek and Jack shared accomodation for a couple of years

70. Irishgunner says:

Blast it … just let them through, nervey few minutes

71. arnie says:

nerves nerves nerves … nail biting times!!!!

72. Ozil looks knackered :(

73. arnie says:

come on guys, get some possession now ….

74. arnie says:

good good, well done ….

75. Great result, really hard game ……….. :)

76. Irishgunner says:

Woooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooo

77. fatgingergooner says:

This squad just keeps surprising me. Quality in the areas that mattered and dogged in defence.

I didn’t want us to sign Flamini because I thought we could do better, how wrong was I!? I would rather he play than Arteta when away from home, that’s how much he’s impressed me.

Ramsey again outstanding. Best player in the PL right now.

Szscesny was brilliant today as well.

Great performance, excellent result.

78. Evönne says:

what fantastic results :) :)

And Aaron MoM again, loving it

79. dhakka09 says:

lol Evonne, no one’s talking about selling Ramsey. I’m saying exactly the opposite in my comment ;)
    Sign da ting, Wenger (sign for 8 yrs if you want) If anyone in EPL deserved a 8 yr contract, it is Wenger and not that fool of a manager, Pardew

80. kefentse says:

Fantastic result :D
    12 consecutive away wins on AW’s 17 years anniversary as Arsenal manager, TOTL & all our rival dropped point :D

81. Irishgunner says:

Chavs, Sp**s, both Mancs drop points, we win!!! My day can only possibly get better if Benedict Cumberbatch were to appear in my bed naked!

Right fantastic PM Raddy, now off to watch the match with result in my head should make comfortable viewing, even better knowing others have dropped points.

This is going to be a long season, but we are making the most of opponents slip ups right now, if we continue that to the end of the season we will be there or thereabouts.

83. Here I am …………I should wait until LB gets back from the Pins to ask but in case I get waylaid ……… Who would like to write that up for tomorrow?

Yessssssssssss

Are we still joint top? :)

86. Cumdict Benerbatch says:

So tired…..if only I could find a bed to lay in wearing just my chiselled chin !.

Chas
    Naughty, but nice :-)

88. Irishgunner says:

:lol:

You guys kill me ha ha ha ha :lol:

Get the predictometer on!

Cumdict Benerbatch – hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Michael Owen – hahahahahahahahahaha

All in all a good day for us. These type of open end to end games suit Arsenal. 3 games in a row we have had the least possession yet gone on to win. Ramsey is in fact an additional forward and nothing makes confidence grow than scoring regularly. Giroud is turning out to be an excellent player,his work rate and lay offs are very good.
    Early days yet but we have some very important players still to come back.
    I would add that Ozil is so layed back and expect a lot more from him as the season progresses and Szsney has the odd moment of Lehmann in him :)

93. Evönne says:

I have to get up really early tomorrow to watch ALL of the teams on MotD :)

94. IanRealGunner says:

Best line from Stewart Robson today, “If Rangel had been playing for Swansea, it would have been a completely different game!!!”
    Priceless

Evening all, I’ve just got in, missed the game …. apparently we won :P :) :P

I turned on the radio in the car at one point and it sounded like Giroud had broken his ankle? but apparently is OK. Unfortunately my ridiculous superstitions would allow me to listen any further but really looking forward to gloating through MotD later.

Remind me …. where are we in the league?

Ramsey assist

Hi chas, I have the assists as follows: Bendtner for Eisfeld (CC1 Cup), Ramsey for Gnabry and Giroud for Ramsey … do you concur?

Giroud assist

100. Shard says:

Top of the League!!!

A very good performance today. If not in terms of free flowing football (except in patches) but in terms of assuredness and knowing when to step it up.

Our injuries are so numerous. Cazorla, Podolski, Ox, Walcott, Rosicky, Sanogo. Would any other team in the league cope with injuries to equivalent players in their squad like we have? And yet we’re supposed to have no strength in depth. An 18 year old Gnabry showed us why he’s so highly rated and why we can lose our first and second choice RWs to injury and still be an attacking threat from there.

Wilshere showed a lot of determination, and some good touches. He looked really tired at the end though. Ozil was disappointing for me. Didn’t create too much (although a closer analysis might show otherwise), missed his chance, and didn’t put effort into tracking back and winning the ball. Szczesny’s mistake could have been costly, but he (and the linesman) got it right. Did well apart from that.

But the Motm has to be Ramsey. Showed great composure for both his goal, and the assist. Was running and playing for the team till the end.

The commentators were trying to downplay Arsenal’s achievements, and in the ManU game, not once did the commentators mention their horrible defense allowing Amalfitano to simply run through on goal.

Hopefully our players start coming back from injury quickly. We’ll need them with games coming thick and fast. But till then, despite conceding a few stupid goals, we’re doing very well to get results. Very happy today.

101. Irishgunner says:

Szczesny, Gibbs and Sagna impressed me today

102. Shard says:

Sagna is always impressive, Irish. I thought he should have continued tracking Davies when he scored though.

By the way, when is the new season of Sherlock going to air? :)

104. tim says:

Arsenal picked up a maximum of 18 points in the same 6 corresponding fixtures last season.

105. The Cockie Monster says:

Apologies for anyone offended, but I have tim tied up and about to arse rape him !. I will go with the majority vote, but make it quick as my cookies are getting burnt !.

106. Irishgunner says:

Shard – Sagna was a bit off form last season but he’s back to the man we know and love this year. Been class!

They have it filmed and it’s in post-production. I would think Nov/Dec. Can’t wait – I’m getting the Reichenbach Fall tattooed on my leg next month :D well my own twist on it, I’m adding a cat ha ha

107. Irishgunner says:

Jaysus I’m an Arsenal fan longer than Gnabry has been around as well and I thought I was young O_O

108. The Cockie Monster says:

Me have cookies older than Gnabry !….Om nom nom nom !.

109. Irishgunner says:

Love the new banner :D

110. Tim says:

Look, back off will you, things aren’t exactly going too well for me at the moment

Fantastic banner

112. Evönne says:

Rasp :) :)

113. Tim says:

Hurry up Cookie Monster
    That’s right up my street, and I’m not exactly seeing too much action, what with being me and whatnot

It must be so hard to be a troll at the moment, I’m going to leave him on so we can all sense the desperation in his comments :lol:

Smart work on spotting the banner Irish :P

Damn, love that Ramsey goal

116. Oooooooooh Rasp, are we top of the league :D

117. tim says:

The same fixtures for last season:

Arsenal 2 Aston Villa 1
    Fulham 0 Arsenal 1
    Arsenal 5 Spurs 2
    Sunderland 0 Arsenal 1
    Arsenal 1 Stoke City 0
    Swansea 0 Arsenal 2

For 12 Against 3 Pts 18

118. The Cockie Monster says:

Tim

Sorry to hear you having a hard time of it lately……..Me will use some cream !.

119. How mad was Szczesny was today?????? You have to love him no?

120. JanMan says:

I think it is funny that after losing the opening game of the season the British red tops (newspapers) and TV experts (pundits) had already written us off along with the anti Wenger blogs. Yet after 6 games here we are top of the league and two points in front. Remind me again how Man UTD and Man City are doing? I am not sure if it is just down to the Özil signing but every one seems to have raised their game. I just cannot give the boys enough praise, yes the squad is somewhat ragged at the moment but wait until all of the injured players return then I truly believe we have a very strong squad. I cannot agree to any comments about Özil being too laid back. This guy is so good he makes everything look easy that is a big difference to being laid back. Granted it is early days, lets’ see where we are at Christmas but we really need to start believing in this team. Love him or hat him, Mr. Wenger is doing a magnificent job and the knockers (not so much on this blog) need to get off his back. PROUD TO BE A GUNNER!

121. Irishgunner says:

ha ha I refreshed at a good time Rasp :)

Oooh today 3 weeks and I’ll be over in London / for TWO games

122. JanMan says:

Sorry, hat = hate.

123. Tim says:

Cookie Monster
    I’m used to it. Can’t get enough if I’m being honest. Give it to me Big Boy

124. It really doesn’t matter whether we won these games last season, we’ve been in this position before where we should have won games and we didn’t. Don’t tell me Manu should have lost to west brom and city to whoever they lost to.

We’re top of the league, bloody enjoy it …….. and there’s a GAP!!!!!

125. tim says:

Arsenal are 3 points worse off than last season in the same corresponding fixtures.

Well played Rasp :)

Good Pre-match BR

Yes peaches we are I believe numero uno :P

128. tim says:

peaches

And WBA and Aston Villa will be both challenging for the title because they beat Utd and City, get real, get a life.

I watched the second half of Spuds-Chavs earlier. The Chavs were well on top until the Torres red card, but they still didn’t look great. Mata played well (he came on at HT) but I was watching him and thinking “not as good as Santi.” Dembele looked good for the Numpties.

Anyway, a brilliant set of results today. They only thing better would have been if the Spuds and Chavs had somehow both contrived to lose against each other.

I think we need to get behind GiE’s “Support Your Local Moist” campaign. It would be terrible if the red Mancs booted out Gollum and got in a real manager.

130. Tim says:

Please shaft some sense into me, baby.

131. JanMan says:

Tim the Troll! Such a shame that there are such idiots in this world.

132. fatgingergooner says:

Gnabry was excellent today. He’s so direct and deceptively strong. I do give Wenger a bit of grief sometimes for not spending, but I’m glad he sticks to his guns and allows space in the squad for these youngsters to come through. Looks like he might have another gem on his hands.

:-) ROLFING me bits off

134. Irishgunner says:

Meant to check anyone know where we are in the league? Who is top goalscorer? Most assists????

BOOM!

135. tim says:

I like to self abuse. Whats wrong with dat?

136. Shard says:

Ozil might not have had the best game, but he did show an interesting pre-match trick.

Not sure how many times I’ve watched that Ramsey goal.

A real taste of the type of football we are going to be seeing an awful of this season.

Crikey, imagine when Santi and Theo get back.

Ok, have surfed last seven days on the trot. Absolutely knackered.

Watch the goal one more time, then sleep. Nite all.

139. dhakka09 says:

Fantastic banner, folks. I have a sneaky feeling that we won’t have to pull it down for the entire season (maybe next too). Couldn’t help but smile at all playful banters and jubilation in the comments too (except the ones by that plonk, tim. Who even let him in here? “Go back to your underground cave, tim. The crisis brigade won’t see sunshine this entire season”) Ramsey, the Welsh knight, will lead our title-charge this season. It will soon be Winter in northern hemisphere but Spring is truly coming back to Arsenal F.C. :)

Shard that had me ROLFing as much as the assault on Sniffer tonight.

Rasp loving the banner…..wondering if it might be a little too subtle.

Mourinho is complaining about Vertonghen…..can someone please put together a compilation of Chelsea dives and play acting during his tenure please

“You need to support the referees during the match, not to make their life difficult, and when nobody touches or hurts you and you pretend that the opponent touched you, had a violent conduct and hurts you, you are putting the referee in a very difficult situation.”

Peaches/Rasp

Post in drafts, should you need. Feel free to change the title if you want.

Thanks LB, no victory is complete unless celebrated in one of your lyrical match reports :)

144. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Great PM, great comments (except from one contributor*), great results all round

* I don’t understand why anyone would have such a miserable approach to life. Rather them than me !

145. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Match of the day was pretty good today :-)

Sharkey if you really want depressing reading check out Piers Morgan twitter feed…..by all accounts it is fans like him moaning at the club and Wenger that made them sign Özil and also the fans who jumped on Rambos case are the reason he is now playing well because he worked hard to prove them wrong.

The only reason I looked was someone RTd Lord Sugar asking Piers Morgan to make a public apology for all the criticism he has put towards the manager and players. But we all know the shiny faced banned word hasn’t got that character trait, ask the Gooners still banned from Arsenal games for the inaccurate (nay disproven) reports the Mirror ran about violence in Copenhagen whilst he was editor…..I so wish he didn’t support our club because then I wouldn’t have anything in common with the odious shit.

Countryside – to kill Piers Morgan.

(Courtesy of Stephen Fry ISIHAC)

147. 26may1989 says:

Another excellent result today. I don’t know what it is, but I always feel pretty secure about this team, even when things aren’t firing, as in the first half, there is the sense that they will find a way. I thought the whole defence played really well, as did Szczesny and Ramsey. Wilshere and Gnabry weren’t consistent but did more than enough – and it was great to see the younger one get his first league goal.

It looks to me that Ozil needs time to adjust to the nature of the game here – once he gets that feel for it, he’ll understand better where he’ll find space. And when he has the likes of Walcott, Cazorla and Podolski to link up with, he will look much more impressive.

Fantastic to see everyone else drop points today. Roy Hodgson must be having kittens, watching the defending from the likes of Joe Hart and Phil Jones. Vertonghen’s behaviour again today was really poor, he’s going to get himself a reputation.

As for the like for like comparison of our fixtures so far against last year, I thought it might be useful to see how each of our rivals stacks up as well:

Spurs 3 points better off
    Liverpool 2 points better off
    Chelsea 1 point worse off
    Arsenal 3 points worse off
    Man City 2 points worse off
    Man U 6 points worse off

(I haven’t included games against the newly promoted teams.)

Still loving the banner.
    Any chance of having a yellow and blue version to match the away kit?

Morning all

it will be interesting to see the various opinions of ratings .
    Ramsey will rightly get all the plaudits and I can’t get enough of watching his goal and the move leading up to it.
    I would give a special mention to Sagna,especially in the first half as he seems to be back to his best, Gibbs who is growing in stature with every game and Giroud whose work rate and the understanding he is showing with others with his neat little lay offs gets better with every game.
    Others all played well though I still maintain we are a long way off of seeing the best of Ozil and Wilshere.
    With others returning we soon will be spoilt for choice, a nice headache for Wenger to have.
    It’s Mrs.kelsey’s birthday today so broken shoulder or not we will try and celebate.

151. Sav from Australia says:

@LB
    September 28, 2013 at 11:27 am

It was 2.30am kick-off.

@Norfolk Gooner
    September 28, 2013 at 12:00 pm

Cheers for the info!

Lol, I was so engrossed last night I didn’t jump onto the internet till this afternoon, so apoligies for the tardy responses.

Just rewatched the game and what a professional performance it was. And it seems all the ‘rivals’ dropped points.

Kelsey happy birthday, isn’t it great that we have two players not fully to PL speed, Santi, TR7, Pod, Theo, Ox out and we are still top of the league

Thanks GIE, it’s not mine but “she who must be obeyed” :)

154. Evönne says:

just watched United losing
    then Shitty lost too
    THEN Chavs drew against Scum
    AND we have just won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I cannot remember a better set of results, ever

155. Evönne says:

and now 100 years of Arsenal in Islington, with Charlie George, mayor of Islington and Abu Diaby, nice

156. Evönne says:

I bet van Persie wants to kill that little shit inside him who advised him to go to United :)

Evonne @ 8:33

ROLF :-)

Nope. Just tried again, and still not bored of watching the Ramsey Goal :-)

I know, I’m going to have a moan.

The “Assist”. Somehow it seems wrong that Ollie gets extra credit for the final “pass” in the brilliant Ramsey goal than, say, Wilshere.

Evonne….Come back

DidIt – why does one of my laptops download speed 17Mbps and the other 1Mbps –
    “on the same broadband, downloading the same data from the same source?”

Yes. Satellite Broadband people broadband people suggested uninstalling Java, then re-doing, which I’ve done.

161. Evönne says:

Yeah, not only that United are 12th, yes 12th in the table and the Mighty are top of the League (if you don’t believe me, look at the banner above), but van Judas could have played with star studded team, full of talent and skills, exciting, promising and happy. He could have played with Wilshere and Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla, Per and Koscielny……Gnabry and Ox….but never mind, he has Rooney and Rio, hairy doormat Giggsy and …..not sure I remember any more outstanding players there :)

Morning again, Micky both goals are beautiful things due to the football in the build up, the pace in the passing was the best we’ve seen for a couple of seasons.

The final pass from Rambo to Gnabry was quality of the highest order, the second goal was all about Rambo, when he realised his flick might not reach Jack he started to move to cover his mate if he lost out, then once Javk had possession he was busting a gut to find space to support Ollie and Jack.

According to this article on the BBC some players have pre assist bonuses in their contract, as well as goals and assists.

Maybe our contracts give more money for assists than goals and that’s why we are reluctant to shoot (new fact absent truth starts here)

163. Evönne says:

and did it work?
    And were you downloading at the same time?
    Do both laptops have the same internet browser? This should not change the download speed, but there are programs running in the background.
    What about antivirus software on the laptops – same and scheduled for the same time?
    And finally – laptop processors – similar speed?

Downloading speedtest one after the other
    Same processors. I7’s ie most powerful available.
    One Norton. One MacFee

165. Evönne says:

aha, that might be it then.
    I have neither of these, but it might be worth investigating how they are running; contact the software provider, ie the slower one

166. Evönne says:

I bet it is the laptop with MacFee that runs slower

167. Shard says:

Morning everyone. Still happy today. SO what did Motd say about us?

Evonne, the dutch skunk was one of those who apparently didn’t rate Ramsey. At least as per the jounalist who put out the story about Ramsey and Arshavin (among others) being the players in the squad that RVP thinks shows Arsenal’s lack of ambition. This was while RVP was at the Euros, and before he released his statement. I remember RVP berating Ramsey for taking a shot which he was perfectly entitled to (although he missed) instead of passing it to RVP so he could take the glory. I wonder if Ramsey would have flourished the way he has if RVP was still with us and captain.

Evonne
    Mac Fee. Correct. I’m unloading the Scottish Weasel immediately.

169. Evönne says:

Shard – that makes me even happier,coz I always loved Aaron

170. Evönne says:

Micky – personally I prefer AVG and Spybot, never any probs and free.

Thanks Evonne.

172. Morning happy chums – just sorting some pics for the post …… be right back

Off out. Look forward to reading a Rousing Red Report from The Master later.

174. New Post …………………