Can England win Twice today in Wales?

Back to business. Enough of these holiday tours  - let’s get back to the norm and the good old Premier League. You know – that league which used to be the best in the world but has now , according to the meedja fallen behind France, Turkey, Germany and Spain.

Swansea have booked their place in Europe, our place remains in doubt. Will that mean that our Welsh friends will gift us the 3 points? I hope so. A couple of defensive mistakes caused by a boozy night out in Newport would be great (which assumes our heroes can capitalise on them!)

There has been talk of the confidence gained from the surprising win in Munich boosting our chances of 4th. What do you think? My fear is that the effort put into that win could be costly today; every Arsenal player ran himself into the ground on Wednesday and that must have an effect.

A major positive was the return of Fabianski. I have to be honest, I had written him of and expected him to leave quietly in summer. Instead we saw one of Fab’s best performances in an Arsenal shirt. He will surely keep his place today and perhaps, just perhaps, we have the competition for the Number One shirt within the club – who would have thought it?

images-2

A Star in the Making?

Jenkinson showed that Mr Wenger can still spot a a bargain – a million for him is a steal, we will see much of The Corporal in the future as he cements his place at Arsenal and also the England team.

Furthermore, Ramsey is becoming an important player. We didn’t miss JW as our Welsh Wizard plugged gaps all over the pitch. They are very different players and it will be interesting over the coming seasons to see how both can fit into the team.  Add in the refreshing cameo from Oxlade Chamberlain  - admittedly against a tiring defence – and we can see a young and highly talented New Arsenal developing.

As THMT would say “The Spirit of the Thirties is rising”

And what of Swansea? Who can not be delighted by their progress? No big names, no big signings, an untried (at PL) manager; they have had a wonderful trophy-winning season and could yet derail ours. At season’s start it would have been inconceivable that Swansea could take 6 points from us, and yet, they beat us at home and deserved to do so. No-one would be shocked by them winning today, such has been their improvement..

My Team:

swans v arse

I would not be surprised to see Gervinho start, nor Ox given the energy spent midweek.

BFG was our MoM in Munich and perhaps could use a break but something untoward is happening with Vermaelen. There is a story brewing …….

Our English Explorer: Rocky has suggested Richard Burton – so let’s take a look at the fellow. Captain Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821-1890) was born in Torquay. This is an extraordinary man, a truly extraordinary man. To begin with Burton could speak 29 languages! Yes, 29! He was an explorer, an author, a diplomat, a spy, a cartographer, a translator and an International fencer.

Let’s start here …… Burton disguised himself in order to go to Mecca  to translate the Arabian Nights story, the account of his trip made him famous. He also translated the Karma Sutra and published it for the first time in England – and to think this was during the Victorian age of strict attitudes to all things sexual. Burton’s published interest in sex and sexuality led to his being prosecuted by the Society for the Suppression of Vice (lovely ….they would be busy at Stamford Bridge!)

Unknown

Full Set ….. Knighthood

As an explorer Burton undertook a Royal Geographical funded mission to Somalia and later to find the source of the Nile with fellow explorer (and an old BR subject) John Speke. They reached and named Lake Victoria (now Tanganyika) but quarrelled badly about the route and split up. The rancour between them led  to a very public spat in a London where they were both feted. Speke later died in a shooting accident whilst Burton joined the Foreign Office. He became Consul in West Africa, Brazil, Damascus and Trieste.

Burton was Knighted and died in Trieste at the age of 69. To those interested I recommend further investigation of a fascinating man.

Today we will play a team with a similar style to our own. Laudrup has continued Rodgers principals of attractive free-flowing passing football. Much has been made of the Dane becoming a target as Wenger’s successor – his contract extension does nothing to dampen the rumours.

Just after our game ends the England Rugby team will be down the road in Cardiff trying to win the Grand Slam, good luck to them.

We need the points more than they do, so let’s get busy and take them.

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

161 Responses to Can England win Twice today in Wales?

Haha Raddy, Richard Burton and we’re playing in Wales … very clever :lol: as long as Elizabeth Taylor isn’t refereeing we’ll be OK.

I expect this to be a very tough game as you’ve said. We will still be suffering the effects of Wednesday’s heroics and Swansea can play with freedom as the result is nowhere near as important to them as us.

If our defence can play as it did in midweek and we track Michu’s runs we should win and keep our European hopes alive.

Unlike others, I do consider failing to qualify for Europe as an extremely bad thing for the club:
    The loss of £40m revenue, and possibly another £12m in matchday takings (therefore £50m less to spend on players)
    The loss of Kudos
    The fact that certain players will not want to join unless we are in Europe

2. goonermichael says:

Great pr-match as always Raddy. Great explorer. 29 languages!!. Love the scar on his cheek. I’m going for a win today. Isn’t Sagna injured?

3. oz gunner says:

A pleasure as always Big Daddy! Same team for me except Monreal for Gibbs and perhaps Gerv starting.

Big game, need to be very watchful of that sod Michu, he only needs an inch.

Great stuff, BR.

Here’s some stirring pre-match music, followed by Richard Burton giving the match report from a Swansea point of view.
    Cmon you red and white zulus!

A very “public spat” with Speke then dying in a shooting “accident”..
    Yeah right. ROLF
    Brilliant post Raddy. I love your posts so much.

Shame it is so quiet in blogworld because Dicky Burton deserves a proper audience.

Is Sagna injured? If so, Jenks is ready and waiting. He probably goes to bed in his kit.

Rasp,
    I’m completely with you. Failure to qualify would spell big trouble for the club financially. As a business model alone, they’d need to spend.
    Another day for that chat.
    Let’s crack on and qualify, starting with a good win in an entertaining game :-)

8. Moring from a wet swansea
    Players from Swansea would not drink in Newport it’s a shit hole of a place ,they go out in Cardiff
    Any one off to the game today apart from me ,I’ve got a ticket in the Swansea end with a few mates but I will be dressed in red and white .
    Please don’t lose today arsenal or I will get more banter stick than Jimmy Saville .
    As for rugby I don’t give a toss about it ,but the nation has our hope on a win by 8 points or more .
    Much love
    Sheep haggers ™as Evonne calls me

Raddy
    Its quiet because posts go up too late on a saturday, as I’ve moaned about before. People do their “stuff” in the morning.
    Like I’m about to, but I’m different, I can’t do “stuff” until I’ve read The Raddy :-)
    Back you know when.

Hi Micky, comments/views are down right across the Arsenal blog world, its not just us. A lot of supporters are hiding under their respective duvets/behind sofas.

Good morning fellow bloganatic’s.

Aways a great PR Raddy and as usual more enjoyment to come by way of explorer research.

My hope is that Jenkinson and Gibbs are our wing backs – so we can capitalize by playing the same back five that performed so well against Bayern. One of our biggest wants the season has been a defense that plays together on a consistent basis – it makes the world of difference.

In my prediction chart I have us drawing with Swansea and losing to Man U – but still beating Spurs by 2 points – so lets hope they LEEK a few goals as a win would be even better.

Chas ZULU was one of my favourite movies, especially with such a rousing and unexpected ending..

Thankyou BR, for both a marvellous pre-match and for giving an outing to my favourite explorer.

In addition to all the achievements laid out by BR, Burton was also an expert swordsman and wrote the definitive work on sword play (The Book of the Sword).

GM
    That rather fetching scar looks good as you say. But it’s even better when you know that he got it from speared in the face when a horde of angry natives attacked his party as they were wandering around Central Africa looking for the source of the Nile.

As for today’s game… it’s hard to know what will happen. Sometimes our problem has been that we follow up a heartening performance like the one in Munchen with a pancake of a showing against lesser opponents.

13. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all fine pre match Raddy as we have come to expect, we have probably all seen now its best to let Wenger choose the team although I wouldn’t be surprised to see Gibbs rested for Monreal for fear of falling foul to another injury.

To clear up a debate this morning about European Qualification I have it as follows:

4 CL places, 3 Europa League places.

The guaranteed CL places are top 3 PL finish, fourth spot going to the previous seasons winners if from the PL but outside top 3.

1 Europa League place for league finish, one for FA Cup Winners one for League Cup Winners.

1 Europa League spot for winners of Europa League if not qualified by any of the above criteria.

Then the IFs

If the winner and runner up of FA Cup has qualified for Europe by league position, 1 more spot is available in the league

If the winner of the league cup and runners up have qualified by league position, 1 more league position spot available.

If winner of Europa League has qualified for CL or EL no extra places are awarded.

So because of results this year and likely finishing places and Semi Final draw in FA Cup there will only be one spot available, for 5th place.

14. evonne says:

Lovely pre match Mr BR. I thing (or rather hope) that you are giving Swans too much respect. They did have some great games this season, but some shockers too. Let’s hope that today it the lesser performance from the Welsh team.

I am baffled with your claim that Sir Burton translated Kuma Sutra. Ey? What does that mean? Isn’t it a set of illustration of weird positions of some incredibly flexible people? There are words as well?

15. Look for an inflatable Sheep in the Swansea end today ill be standing close to it as my mate has one

16. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Evonne, you are really missing out :lol:

BR, well done sir.

Blood sweat and no fears, thats where we are and should be.
    Squeaky bum time. Lets leave it all on the pitch and do the cannon proud.

Come on Arsenal

Sheep
    Are you really going to wear red and white?
    Won’t you get thumped?

18. No my mates won’t thump me ,everyone knows I’m an Arsenal fan.
    Got a arsenal shirt and a arsenal scarf on .
    Cheers for caring RL

So we need to watch out for the bloke in an Arsenal flag standing close to an inflatable sheep, right?

That’ll add an extra bit of fun to watching!

Sing up for the lads, Sheepy.

*Arsenal shirt

21. Ok I’m off now my mate knuckles has arrived so we are off to match.
    COYRRG
    Bye catch u all tonight

Haha – if you’ve got a mate called Knuckles you’re probably going to be alright.

Enjoy Sheepy

23. goonermichael says:
  24. goonermichael says:

Cheers GM
    I hope the right Diaby turns up.

Ramsey unlucky to be rested – but as an ex Cardiff man he would get a ton of stick from the home fans.

Attacking line-up

Watching Everton v Citeh.

Toffees are one up but down to 10 men. We could do with a Citeh equalizer, but the Northern Oilers look very average.

You can tell Citeh are desperate – they’ve put Na$ri on :)

Where is everybody?

30. goonermichael says:

You wouldn’t believe city were champions last season

31. Irishgunner says:

Afternoon all – meant to be studying but more important things in life like Ireland in the rugby and Arsenal in the football :)

I like the side AW has picked, we need to win this badly.

32. evonne says:

stupid shitty! I hate that Nasri

33. evonne says:

Oz, ppp and Irish are back, happy dayz :)

Afternoon all.
    Fair point Rasp :-)
    Nice team. Glad Fab, Mert and Kos playing together again.
    Ditto Rocky about the right Diaby lacing up.

35. Irishgunner says:

Evonne – Afternoon :) This day month and I’ll be in your homeland. 6 days in Poland – vodka! hurrah!

36. evonne says:

oh yeah? I am going on 4th April
    Beers are safer than polish vodka, you don’t want them to think that Paddies are mad :)

37. barumgooner says:

Like the side. Have my usual concerns when Diaby starts though as I always do. Hopefully he wont slow the game down too much today and pass to the right side.

38. Irishgunner says:

Evonne – I think that is a losing battle after the Euros ha ha I’m going on the 13th April to Lodz and Krakow

39. oz gunner says:

@ Evonne

Thank you for the welcome!
    Looking forward to this one ladies and gentleman!

Right, just popping out to join GiE, then back.

41. evonne says:

ha ha ha ha Irish :) Krakow is beautiful (Dandan’s wife is from Krakow); I’ve never been to Lodz, you must tell me about it

Where were you Oz, studying?

42. oz gunner says:

@ Evonne

Yeah was off at a mine site for a few weeks. Good to be back in civilisation. Lifes tough without Arsenal!!!

Hope all is well

43. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

COME ON ARSENAL LETS DO THIS

44. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Hi Evonne :-)

45. evonne says:

hi ppp :)
    good to have our Australians back

46. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Great work Ox. NO fear

47. evonne says:

bloody terrible streams in French
    Oz, any tips darling?

48. Adrian says:

70% possesion to them after 15 mins

49. Adrian says:

Why is it that they’re so much better at keeping the ball then us?

50. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

nice crack Santi

Diaby in for Ramsey could cost us. It appears Abou is in his dozy “give the ball away” mood so far.

We’re not closing down well in MF and Aaron would have run his socks off.

52. oz gunner says:

agreed rocky

53. Gooner In Exile says:

When Diaby does things like that he looks great though…..

I know its thoughts for another day but United need 16 points to win after City’s loss, they have 6 PL games before they come to the Emirates, god i hope they win it before they get to us, or that they only have 12 points before that game, cannot bear to see them win it at our place, thats what we do.

54. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

This is more like it. A bit of maturity and one touch in the final third.

Lets go boys. UTA

55. oz gunner says:

@ GiE

that’d be hell. I think that scenario would cause chary to implode with rage!!!

56. Gooner In Exile says:

Ox needs to keep chalk on his boots

57. Gooner In Exile says:

Oz you could be right we may have to just funnel peroni into Chary until after the game…

58. Gooner In Exile says:

Adrian percentages are now 45%-55% (ours second), you can’t judge possession after 10-15 minutes

59. Gooner In Exile says:

Is there any point Giroud going to win a high ball? No one gets close to him or anticipates the knock on

60. Gooner In Exile says:

Take a touch THEO!!!! So much time…..

61. oz gunner says:

god I’d love to know Jenk’s sprint time because he is blistering on that pitch. I remember how sterling from liverpool kept trying to put it out in front but never got the better of him. He just caught up to Dyer when Dyer normally makes players look like they are running in mud

62. Irishgunner says:

Why does Walcott keep checking his runs? >:-/ get at them FFS

63. Gooner In Exile says:

Saints 2 up v Dippers…..so far so good

64. oz gunner says:

someone needs to make Theo watch the chelsea game last year. If you took Cole to town putting the ball out in front of you using your best asset, why don’t you bloody do it more often???!!!

65. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Silly Nacho

66. Gooner In Exile says:

Great effort by Ox, looking more like the young talent we know he is

67. Gooner In Exile says:

Right got to love you and leave you all (well at least while watching the stream) as i need to go pick up the wifes car, keep updating people

68. oz gunner says:

priorities GiE…priorities!!!

69. Gooner In Exile says:

Just seen why PPP said Silly Nacho at 3:44, i am delayed :D

From crossing positions we often seem to have one (or at most two) players in the box surrounded by four or five defenders, then there’s a 15 yard gap back to the next line of Arsenal players.

So even if we get a could cross in there’s no-one there for knock-downs, rebounds, missed clearances etc.

71. Gooner In Exile says:

Priorities indeed Oz…..forking out for a £500 repair job…..she only does 4000 miles a year!?! But i need dinner tonight :D

Great to see Oxo’s confidence is coming back.

Totally agree about Theo – cutting back every time. If he keeps doing it I’d rather see The Swerve on.

5 Oxen attacking wouldn’t go a miss. Are we nervous or lethargic in attck.Diaby is a shadow ofd the player he could have been .Walcott needs to get more involved and never more than one man in the box when we attack.
    We seem to be so ponderous in the final third. Here’s hoping.

74. Irishgunner says:

Ox is having a good game – hopefully 3rd time lucky for him after the break. We need to move the ball quicker, its been so sloooooow

75. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Low scoring game. I must admit i expected more goals pre game. Considering the way the game is forming, it is possible it could open up a flood gate of goals, with us, everything to play for and the jacks with nothing to lose.

So on that note i expect the Swerve to score with his forehead in the 87min for a famous 1-0 to the Arse. haha. Crazier things have happened. :-)

76. oz gunner says:

I’ve always wondered why we don’t commit more men forward Rocky. It’s not like we don’t stay back so we keep defensive solidarity (definitely doesn’t stop us from being any less susceptible to being hit on the counter. The last midfielder I remember throwing himself into crosses was Flamini.

Diaby off, Song on :-)

1 will get my coat, if I can find it ;)

79. oz gunner says:

@ GiE

hahaha that’s fair enough I suppose…I hope she’s doing the dishes too (sorry Evonne) :)

Kelsey :-)
    Oh, and hi Australians :-)

81. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Micky, Kanu is warming up for another hatrick special.

Come on GUNNERS

82. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Hi Mickster :-)

83. Gooner In Exile says:

Reckon Swans have a game plan in defence, they aren’t pressuring the ball which is slowing us up as there’s nothing to pass round, need to run at them more and the occasional tester from distance as we have done to force them to close us down and open spaces behind.

84. Gooner In Exile says:

Have we scored yet?

85. oz gunner says:

nope, well keep you posted GiE

86. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

You may be right GiE. They have nothing to lose but at the same time really have nothing to play for except pride and place in the 11.
    I feel that Wenger feels the same for now, so long as we dont concede.

I hope Ox gets a decent run before his confidence gets shorn…..maybe? He deserves a goal

87. Gooner In Exile says:

Cheers Oz…..silence is not good for the heart

Is Diaby under instructions not to shoot until he has beaten at least 8 players

take walcott off or give him a kick up the arsenal

90. Adrian says:

Still not playing really well, what does it take to get these players playing to their full potential?

91. Gooner In Exile says:

What happened to him Kelsey……oh that’s right he signed a new contract :(

GIE
    maybe today is gervinho day ;)

93. Gooner In Exile says:

Swerve for Walcott, TR7 for Diaby?

ramsey and gervinho coming on

95. Merseforever says:

Genuinely do not understand why he’s subbed ox off?

Does he not react to what he’s seeing in front of him?

96. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

101. Adrian says:

Gervinho!!

I told you ;)

103. Irishgunner says:

Nice one Gervinho – kept calm

104. Adrian says:

I agree with Merse, once again I found wenger’s decision to sub The ox off very strange.

Happy Days. Now for the Double….

Marvellous that the players had so much energy in the final 20. A testament to the fitness coach.

Bloody excellent three away points after the tough away game in Munich. Feet up for two weeks, then all guns blazing for the run-in.

107. Irishgunner says:

Adrian – agreed at the time but the fact we won 2-0 and his two subs – Gerv and Rambo scored and assisted the goal .. well, then … meh! It worked. If it had gone wrong he’d have been killed but it worked out well so no complaints.

Giroud and Ramsey assists

Great solid performance and a deserved win – now who wants to volunteer to write the match report?

110. Gooner In Exile says:

It’s true a watched pot never boils…..entered garage at 0-0 phone in pocket, come out 1-0, enter furniture shop, come out 2-0….lovely stuff. Just as I was pulling up at furniture store Villa went 3-2 up and Saints went 3-1 up….MOTD will be fun tonight.

111. Gooner In Exile says:

We win and people complain? How many teams have won at the Liberty this season?

112. Gooner In Exile says:

Oh and two clean sheets on trot not looking good for TV5, Sagna or Szczesny.

Overall we were the better team ,Fab didn’t really have a save to make however gervinho was a bit lucky with his goal it skimmed the keeper’s knee,but not complaining…………………………
    I thought jenkinson played well again bar one mistake in the first half
    Walcott poor game as with Diaby,everyone else had a reasonable game.

114. Gooner In Exile says:

Kelsey’s dome the match report, add a couple of pics and the pressures off.

115. Irishgunner says:

I’ve to go back to study now – bye people :) *runs away from match report*

Come on your Gooners

That was a very good performance against a team that plays really nice football.

Start of the run!

117. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

‘Flappyhandskinomore’ :-)

2-0 at the liberty, any day, any night of the week spank you very much. Very mature performance, not pretty but pleased…PLEASED?

Im over the moon!

Goodnight Britain :-)

In both this game and the one in Munich we looked much better organised defensively.

I think those Gary Neville comments after the Spud game really hit home and maybe AW has allowed a bit more emphasis on defensive training than usual.

Delighted Gerv scored. I said a while ago that he would have a part to play for us yet this season and it was important that the boo boys don’t get on his back. Hopefully this will have helped. He also looked dangerous from the moment he came on (even if there were a couple of “Oh no, Gervinho” moments).

He had one Flappy moment from a cross, PPP, and didn’t have a whole lot to do, but his kicking was mostly good and he made one excellent low save from Michu (it wouldn’t have counted because Michu was offside, but Fab didn’t know that at the time).

I think he’ll be keeping Szcz out for a while.

Goodnight our Aussie mates. Good to have you back.

RL. Prescient once more. You and Kelsey have any stock market tips?

Today I was wearing my Arsenal gloves which haven’t been worn since we lost in the CL at Anfield when they became unlucky.

Clearly they have become lucky again.

122. Gooner In Exile says:

Rocky I stand by what I said after Munich, BFG is our organiser at the back. But he needs players willing to be organised and to listen, I think in Koz and Jenkinson especially he has two players who will listen.

During a break in play at the Allianz, BFG was at the bench talking to Bould, hence why I think BFG is the organiser, maybe harder when the captain is along side you.

Keep those gloves on for the rest of the run-in BR.

I do Raddy,
    Get out now :-)
    Blimey, the rugger is exciting if you like that sort of thing. I was just imagining a moaning, wining Spectrum type in the crowd at a rugger match :-)
    2nd half. Bye.

125. evonne says:

Raddy – good job footballing season ends before summer kicks in :) you’d look ridiculous in July with your lucky gloves on

Good point GiE
    I don’t need any convincing about the BFG – I think he’s a classy player.

Did you notice Arteta shouting, talking and cajoling all through the game. Proper captaincy.

127. Hi
    We did it I enjoyed the game Ramsey got loads of stick .
    Man of the match for me was santi.
    Wales in lead over England .
    Swansea were poor our keeper didnt have to make a save
    Much love
    Sheepy the welsh gunner

Did you celebrate the goals Sheepy?

Agree with you about Santi MoTM – although I thought Oxo was giving him a run for his money until subbed.

As said in the post. There is a story brewing with TV.

Some say he is leaving. I think there is a problem between him and the other CB,s.

Very good from Monreal today. Could Gibbs play as a DM?

Looks like the double is gone.

Still I would rather the 3 points than an England rugby win. Anytime.

131. Strus says:

@Arsenal.com the is no Ramsey in MOTM poll. Strange, after another good game form the Welshman.

Strus
    He was only on for 20 minutes. (But he was good!)

133. barumgooner says:

I think Gibbs is a good shout to go back to left sided midfield/ winger.

134. barumgooner says:

didnt see any of the gane but im loving the fact that Ramsey is starting to find a bit of confidence again…..and silencing some of the doubters.

135. I tried not to I bit my lip ,but I did a jack told me sit down .
    I said do u know who ur talking to son ,he said no best we keep it that way then I said .
    Knuckles laffed at him
    Got to go be up early tomorrow no work for 10 days
    It’s a red day for me a gunner win and a Wales win , sorry England
    Take care ill do a post if ur short this week plenty of time
    As Evonne calls me
    Sheep haggers
    God nows were the s come from on hagger
    Much love

136. Gooner In Exile says:

United are going to win the title with this shite!

Gibbs used to be a midfielder so guess he could sit in alongside others if required, be good to have a couple of versatile players in the squad.

We still need a match report folks :(

138. jnyc says:

Richard Burton. Awesome actor Welsh. , great voice. I would have paid to listen to him speak. BECKET, Virginia wolf, equus. Anyway, nice win. I wonder how tomorrow will go?

139. Gooner In Exile says:

Rasp Kelsey wrote it at 5:03pm, all it needs is ratings and pictures……that is if no one else is offering.

140. Gooner In Exile says:

“At the other end, Robin van Persie, who had only scored one goal in his last nine games”

1 in his last 9? Maybe we did sell him at the right time, granted he will pick up his League winners medal and his early season goals got them on the march, but that’s Torrres like form!

141. gnarleygeorge9 says:

“Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”

142. gnarleygeorge9 says:

“Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Georgie Grahams Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”
    “Steve Boulds Red & White Brickwall”……….

143. Gooner In Exile says:

Quite a scary article about PL footballers becoming bankrupt, they don’t deserve sympathy but I think it’s an eye opener regarding agents etc, I mean a £30k a week footballer bankrupt, even some existing pros have gone bankrupt (Riise/Friedel). Quite scary.

Giroud has scored more in his last 9 games. Who needs BSR?

145. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Oh! & to answer you question BR, No :lol:

Rasp
    I’ll put some player ratings in – but it will need a few paragraphs for a match report from someone else.

147. Gooner In Exile says:

Hopefully Arsene has been on the phone to Frimpong to make him aware of his responsibility when playing Spurs.

I’ll write something to go with Rockys player ratings …….. so you can all relax and have a chat :)

149. Gooner In Exile says:

Quiet today……….WE WON!!!!

Oh Frimpong, of all people, knows GiE :-)
    And morning Peaches.
    Anyone dropping points for us today?

Can overseas people like Raddy and GN5 watch bbc iplayer?
    If so, then watch fri nights’ Mallory programme on BBC2 that Evonne mentioned. Its very good. Was he the first to the top of Everest thirty years before anyone? Of course he was :-)

152. Hi chaps

I saw it was quiet and reckoned everyone was keeping out of my way in case I pounced for a match report ;)

It would be really good for those two teams above us to drop points today. For them both to drop points would be greedy so I don’t mind if it’s only Bale FC that do.

Stop dooming Peaches. Both to drop a couple of points.
    Time for greed :-)

I was out pruning my apple trees earlier, and now its snowing!

Nope. No Iplayer available here. I believe it can be paid for in some European countries e.g. France.

Having watched the game, we were always in control. Bodes well. Santi was excellent.

156. kelsey – that could have been a post!!!!!!! ;)

157. New Post ………………..

158. web hosting says:

Howdy just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you realize a couple of from the photos aren’t loading properly. I’m not certain why but I believe its a linking issue. I’ve tried it in two different web browsers and each show the same outcomes.