Derby Day Support Network

As a relatively young fan in 1989, I don’t think I ever fully understood the feelings of Nick Hornby as written in Fever Pitch….I have never really been let down by Arsenal, I’d never been given that false hope, I definitely had never felt like he did during that 90 minutes of football, well that is until the elation that followed Thomas charging through the midfield I have always known what that moment felt like. (I also remember how that half term seemed to take an eternity as I couldn’t wait to go back to school and rub my Spurs supporting mates noses in it)

In my first few years supporting Arsenal it was not really with any hope or expectation, there were no real glory years to speak of in recent memory. We had won the League Cup in 1987 breaking the Rush hoodoo (“they always win when he scored you know”), and been at Wembley the following season to watch the horror of losing to Luton….thanks Gus and Nigel. Then that memorable night at Anfield.

Then came another League win, and the Cup double plus the Cup Winners Cup, what was Hornby on about? In 10 years of avidly following Arsenal I had seen 1 European Trophy, 2 League Cups, 1 FA Cup and 2 League titles. What was hard about that. And then after Graham relieved himself of his duties by relieving Rune Hauge of £400k, and the Rioch interlude, along came Arsene and his band of entertainers and in the next 10 years I got to see another 3 League Titles and 4 FA Cup wins. Before I turned 30 I had seen Arsenal win 13 trophies (the pedants among you will realise the trophy count was actually 14 but 1979 somewhat passed me by as a 3 year old and you will recall I had a brief dalliance with West Ham from ages 4-9 due to my Grandad buying me the 1980 kit for my 4th birthday).

The following 7 years have not been so kind (and not just to my waistline) and finally I get how Nick Hornby felt on that Friday night in May 1989. Pacing up and down the living room convinced that we aren’t going to get a winner or that we will concede an equaliser. Big games greeted with a feeling of inevitability about the performance/result. Away at West Brom last season the team put us through the mill, and they have done on various occasions this season too, and now Sunday beckons…….I am going to be a wreck come 4pm, and i’m not sure how I am going to survive the match that follows.

I need your help AA’ers: How are you going to get through what could be the most stressful 90 minutes of our season so far?

Gooner in Exile

141 Responses to Derby Day Support Network

1. Norfolk Gooner says:

Alcohol

2. bops says:

More alcohol

3. Red Arse says:

Hi GIE, :-)

One minute there isn’t a Post in the cupboard, and then up you pop with a wonderful article like that! That’s swell, that’s elegant, in fact it’s super swelligant!!! :D

I have come to understand better the personal idiosyncrasies of my close mates through the all seeing eye of the Arsenal fans’ lens.

One is superstitious, and has the equivalent of a lucky rabbit’s foot (not so lucky for the rabbit of course), which is on his person at all times, to be stroked repetitively (yes I know!!), another is a somewhat obsessive compulsive in sporting matters, and never mentions his club’s name on the BIG day, and if anyone in his vicinity does he hops from foot to foot 3 times in quick succession to compensate (and given his bulk that is something to see, and has given me many mindless hours of cruel fun!). :-)

My closest buddy is the worst of the lot, as he has the ability to fart on demand, and whenever the name of the opposition team is mentioned he parps away merrily. He is convinced that when his team lose, it is because someone has whispered the oppo’s name and he was unable to play the requisite tune.

Nutters the lot of them, and all because they want to control the result of a game.

Me? I don’t believe in any of it, so I simply fall back on a rationalization I made as a child.
    I realised I cannot affect or change the outcome of any game, so it is better to watch the game and enjoy – or suffer – as the case may be as the rich embroidery of luck, skill and incompetence unfolds before me.

It is not passive resignation, or artificially low expectation – fearing the worst, hoping for the best – it is living for the moment and accepting the excruciating thrill of not knowing – after all, que sera, sera, what will be, will be! :-)

Ah, my subject as I am a walking pharmacy.

Firstly don’t have an coffee all day as that will enhance the adrenelin rush as will tea to a lesser extent.
    Take one 2mg valium the night before (short life drug lasting about 5 hours) then keep taking them when you wake up every 4/5 hours and a double dose half an hour before kick off.
    You will be completely relaxed or completely zonked .
    frequent trips to the bathroom should also be avoided so don’t have any excess of liquid 2 hours before the game,but you can get pissed come 6.00p.m. :)

5. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

I think you have hit on the reason why we don’t start playing until the second half, the team are following your Valium therapy. :D

6. Norfolk Gooner says:

Too many e’s in therapy. Too many E’s in team as well?

Norfolk

I have mentioned it before but do you remember Peter Simpson stubbing out his cigarette as the players came out for the second half at highbury. ;)

Brilliant exploration of supporters angst GiE, personally I have always empathsed with Nick Hornby’s emotional reaction to games.

As far as this Sunday goes, I shall be at work – is that a good thing? … no because, my computer and iphone will be constantly feeding me with information but without actually being able to experience the game :(

9. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

I don’t remember the Peter Simpson incident but I distinctly recall a strong smell of booze as Danny Clapton went past as I stood in the front row of the stand.

10. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all, so a cocktail of Valium, e’s, alcohol, animal sacrifice and farting. My kind of party!!

11. Cmmmmmmoooooonnnnnnnnnnnn

12. 26may1989 says:

:) :) :)

13. Gonna need a post for tomorrow and Saturday too ………………….

14. VCC says:

peaches 10:43……Oh what memories. Appy dayz.

15. Gooner In Exile says:

Hang on a second the best bits? Where was Thomas Charging Through the Midfield?

Excellent stuff GiE, thank you.

Any mention of ’89 always leaves me with a warm glow.

Now, Sunday. My first, and hardest job, will be to compose myself after a day of ROLFING my socks off following Manager John Terry’s humiliating managerial debut, as Chelski slump to a crushing defeat at home to WBA. Oh yes, wait and see.

Happily, come Sunday afternoon, there will be none more equipped , as I have the massive advantage in having a wife that works in a hospital with free access to adult incontinence pants and nappies.

There will be neither tears nor spillage in my house.

Can’ t stay and gas now, but will get my priorites sorted out.

18. Merseforever says:

WHL 1987 has to be one of the best moments in Arsenal history. The idiot announcer, the fact it was the third replay, the fact that we looked down and out. And then Rocastle… sigh. Jumping up and down in front of the Gooners as we shouted ‘We’re the famous Arsenal and we’re going to Wemberley!’ at full time. He was just a magnificent player and a true gentleman. George returning and leading us to glory. The march back down the seven sisters road. One of my favourite derby memories.

ooooohhh Rocky Rocky, Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocastle.

Peaches,

My video of Fever Pitch has been played over and over and…….

I swear that kid could have been me, in the 40’s, same Streets, same scarf, same accent – just missing the rosette and rattle. It wasn’t until I was 30 that ! reluctantly gave up my broken old rattle.

The movie never fails to bring out a few tears.

20. Norfolk Gooner says:

WHL Monday evening 3rd May 1971. 88th minute, Ray Kennedy scored the goal that gave us the league title, followed by winning the FA Cup on the Saturday.

The Double!!

21. Norfolk Gooner says:

Oh! I forgot to say…I was there, on both occasions. What memories!!

GIE;

I am always filled with nervous anticipation during games and I walk away from the TV when the opposition have dangerous free kicks or corners.

I become the most nervous when we have a one goal lead with twenty minutes left in the game – I can barely watch……….

23. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5, Rattles, where did they go to? Mine was an ex-ARP Gas Warden’s, over a foot long, made from metal, very very noisy and lethal in the hands of a small seven year old at Highbury in 1950.

A few of those would enliven the present day prawn sandwich brigade. :D

Norfolk,

I was there as well with 100000 outside the ground.(and at Wembley)

When was the first time you visited Highbury ?

Norfolk,

I also attended both of those games.

I have a complete set of home game programme’s for our double season, including Football League Cup, Inter Fairs Cup and the FA Cup Final.

26. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

1950, along with my mum and dad, my two older brothers and three of my mother’s sisters, sadly only one of my brothers and one aunt are still around today.

Norfolk,

My rattle was hand made by my Granddad it was all wood including the cog, and had Arsenal cannons on both sides – it was my pride and joy.

28. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5,

I’ve still got all the home game programmes, with the corners cut off, where the Cup Final vouchers were.

Norfolk,

Snap…..on cut corners.

On my Manchester United home game programme I have the autographs of – George Best, Jon Sammels and Charlie George.

Oops – I sound like a ten year old……..

30. Gooner In Exile says:

Cup final vouchers, them were the days, now you just need a Season Ticket (obviously making a final helps)

(I say just, because as we discussed the other day a number of ST holders will only go to big games such is there prawn sandwich status).

31. Gooner In Exile says:

GN5 did you tell Sammels to f*** off to Spurs :D

32. Norfolk Gooner says:

The most memorable game for me, I have only attended one game since 1974, was the one against Man U on 1st February 1958, although we lost 4 – 5 it was the last game United played before the Munich air crash. I remember it as a pulsating game in which we came close to snatching a draw, we never looked like winning it though.

Great commentary,” two nought to The Arsenal” and 14 YEARS since we last won the cup. There were some pretty good moves in the game as well.

Norfolk, that was the first game I attended, how strange is that.

35. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

No p*****g off for a pie and a pint at half time then. Even the King and Queen stayed in their seats.

36. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

Between you, me and GN5 we must have nearly 180 years of supporting Arsenal.

Kelsey,

I tried, in vain, to get into Wembley for the game, had no money and could not find a dodgy way in – so I went home on the tube- one very sad 12 year old.

Norfolk I am slightly younger than you.dandan is about your age and there are several other contributers on here in or around 60,Raddy e.g. but GN5 is the elder statesman I believe.

Actually after the 1971 Cup Final I remember walking down Empire Way and the Liverpool supporters where in the main quite gracious in defeat. That was a few years before things started to get ugly at a lot of grounds.
    Can’t find it now but I have an autographed menu from the whole team at the private party that very evening in the Portman Hotel.
    I did put it on the site some time back.Peter Marinello didn’t play but was in the squad..

Norfolk,

I only count my support from the first game I watched, Nov 22nd, 1947 but Arsenal was in my DNA when I was born. It could have been longer but for the fact that the Football League was suspended from 1939/40 through 1945/46, – so given that I only figure my length of support is 66 years.

41. evonne says:

Kelsey!!!!!!! Raddy will kill you!!!

42. Norfolk Gooner says:

GN5,

Like you I count from the first game I attended, 1950, but I was born an Arsenal supporter and will die one, that’s for sure.

evonne I know he looks 70 but it is a compliment that he just turned 60 :)

Norfolk, I don’t count on dying before we win another title.

45. Norfolk Gooner says:

Kelsey,

Before the ’71 Cup Final I went into the Greyhound for a pint, inside it was packed with ‘Pool supporters but they parted to let me through to join the Gooners at the back of the bar, good humoured and not a hint of trouble, we all walked to the ground together.

46. Gooner In Exile says:

Good news GN5 has found the secret to eternal life :)

47. Gooner In Exile says:

I think I was lucky to miss the real horrible days of going to games. Have had quite a few good natured chats with oppo fans on way to and from games.

Like one with Newcastle fans about the size of Kenny Sansoms thighs :)

48. Merseforever says:

Kelsey,

as far as terrace legends go, supposedly Arsenal were the first big football mob in London. I never really got into that scene, but unavoidably you saw it happening if you went in the 80’s, and of course Denton is a terrace legend. But apparently Arsenal’s North Bank boys led by the famous (don’t know if he was real) Johnny Hoy was the first big terrace mob. But yes, I think football got much more vicious from the late 70’s onwards. Going to WHL in the 80’s, I or once went to Stamford Bridge to watch chelsea, there was a very hostile atmosphere that my dad used to say wasn’t around in the 60’s and early 70’s.

Mers

Known as The Herd I believe.

I don’t want to talk openly about this but I had a terrible experience outside The West Stand in the late seventies and I have never been the same since.

50. Red Arse says:

GIE,

I did not understand your reference to telling Jon Sammels to sod off to Spurs, so I looked him up.

He was an Arsenal fan and a product of the youth system. Having lost his place after 5 years to Georgie boy, he left and went to Leicester and then to Vancouver.

No mention of Spurs? Wassup? :-)

51. VCC says:

I could only get a ticket in the Liverpool end for the 71 cup final. I was slightly muted after we equalised, but when Charlie scored the winner I forgot myself and went totally mad with excitement.

The Liverpool supporters were good as gold, no problem whatsoever.

It was a different storey when I was at the Arsenal ManUre game. Then I had a ticket up the Arsenal end. Their supporters started to file out when we were winning 2-0. Then when they equalised many of them came rushing back, with nasty consequences. A bunch of animals.

This has something to do with the fact that I hate them so much.

Hi Redders, you need to watch peaches’ video clip @ 10:43 to understand the reference :)

53. Red Arse says:

Thanks, Rasp. :-)

Lovely Post GiE

I don’t have any rituals, but I’ll be a nervous wreck, that’s for sure.
    It’s an 11am kick-off over here, so I at least I don’t have to fret for most of the day before the action starts.

Great vids and great memories.
    I like chatting with Gn5, Kelsey, dandan, Norfolk etc – makes me feel young :D

I saw some pretty nasty stuff at various grounds in the late ’70s and early ’80s. Going to the N17 swamp as a Gooner was a very hairy business, but I always found the Chav fans to be the worst. I never had anything too bad happen personally (couple of thumps) but the sense of menace was very strong.

Rocky

you got us in the wrong order ;) but if it’s hair I have to be top of the pops

Stamford Bridge was the first National Front football base that i can remember.

56. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Watching the great Charlie George as a young lad turned the Sheep into an arsenal fan so I’ve been a fan for 40+ years
    God that makes me and old Ewe.
    Much love

57. dandan says:

Afternoon all, real memory jogger today, thank you all for the recollections takes me back to outwitting the cops outside the White Hart pub and being one of the first 50 punters into the lane on the first leg of that first double

I learnt a great deal about the collective team spirit of the AA family yesterday and was left humbled by the torrent of good wishes in response to my post. I count myself truly privileged to share the blog with so many of you. Herb your generosity of spirit is a credit to your good self and I thank you for you comments.

Finally I was visited by the indefatigable Mickey Did IT who not only joined me for dinner last night and lifted me from my doldrums with a mixture of wit, anecdotes and marvellous Arsenal chat but succeeded in stitching me up. I informed him as we perused the menu that I had taken care of the bill with hotel owner before Mickey had arrived so to follow my lead and get stuck in. Imagine my surprise therefor when I found at evening end he had on the pretext of getting a glass of water, convinced the manager into forgetting my arrangement and paid for the whole darn evening himself.

The man is a gem, great company and a gooner supreme, thanks mate,but I will get my own back.

58. evonne says:

GiE – excellent post! I also started my romance with the AFC in late 80s, which doesn’t mean I was like you at school at the time, no my son was at school already :)

I read all Hornby books, but Fever Pitch is by far his best(the last book barely mentions Arsenal!).

The way I cope with the forthcoming event is reminding myself that it is Thursday and I will worry about Sunday on Sunday. It doesn’t always work, the butterflies in my belly remind me how scared I reallly am…. On such occassions I revert to being of the weaker sex, but mind you I bet that even Micky with his huge balls is worried :)

where is LB?

59. evonne says:

Kelsey you are TERRIBLE!! Not only you tell world Raddy’s age, but then you go on saying that he looks 70!! He does not! His FaceBook picture is rather nice :)

60. evonne says:

Dandan – I knew you would have great time with DidIt, he is such a character, isn’t he? Top guy

61. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

Micky’s huge balls? I was going to ask ……………. but better not, I suppose. But you can tell Rocky, we won’y look!! :D

62. evonne says:

Don’t get too excited RA :) They are proverbial big balls of a man with great courage. I told you before that English is a weird and sexist language

63. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

Ahh, they have now shrunk from huge to the merely big.

What I was really asking — or Rocky was — is how do you know? :-)

evonne. What do you mean “rather”? :-D

My most cherished memories are from the falling in love with football days. I was a shy lad, a bit of an outcast and had an emotionally tough upbringing; The comraderie and affection from total strangers purely because I was a youngster with an Arsenal scarf was overwhelming.

It remains so.

My obsession has resulted in people all over the world addressing me a Big Raddy. Proud to say that name.

Good point. I have been wondering where LB is. Holiday, perhaps?

66. evonne says:

All right Raddy, very handsome indeed :)

RA – I only know DidIt to be very courageous and adventerous, the rest is assumed, including the correctness of the proverbial ‘man with balls’. It is a little bit like the suburban myth claiming that men with big feet have large penises, that’s all

That old trick again dandan ;)

it was a compliment evonne anyway that facebook picture is 10 years old

69. evonne says:

Kels!! What got into you today, bad hair day :)

i’m on new pills but my balls are the same size

kelsey.6.03. Is that a positive?

Lovely story DD told about Micky. I must ask Didit out to dinner next time we meet!

72. evonne says:

ha ha ha ha, you are hillarious guys :) so good to have a giggle

Wouldn’t it be great to get a proper AA dinner with all the regulars somewhere sometime…

I’d like to sit between Peaches and evonne please :)

75. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

If we do meet up order me hay for starters and grass for my main meal cheers

Log on to a public forum only to discover your own undercariage is being discussed.
    Nothing unusual really about AA :-)

Mildly staggered that such a wise and intelligent man as dandan has not rumbled my cunning ploy.
    There will be a re-match, only this time we will be playing 30 minutes extra time.
    That’ll be three puddings to one in favour of the DidIt :-)

Micky
    Discussed in quite glowing terms, I might add…
    Although quite why Redders thinks I might have knowledge of your ‘sous-chassis’ is a mystery to me. I think he might be jealous…

Sheep
    With a name like yours you’ll need to be careful you’re not on the menu.

AA celebrated it’s 3rd birthday recently (according to the Archives, the first Post – it was by Peaches – was put up on Feb 4th 2010).

Maybe for the 4th birthday next year a AA banquet is in order.

Or for the 4 millionth hit or somesuch…

Rocky
    Bit of a mystery to me given that Evonne turned down flat my suggestion of a pre-match “I’ll show you mine, if you show me yours”

81. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

RL
    I’m an old sheep and MUTTON is chewy I won’t be on the menu

Or because it will be a wednesday

Sheep
    Never heard of the slow cooked casserole
    Lie low during the build up would be my advice

Micky
    I could imagine you doing one of those slow roasted mutton jobs where you bury the whole thing underground with hot coals and stuff…

I’ll be very surprised if Benitez is still at the helm come saturday.
    As I said the other day, I really think Chelsea will be outside the top four as they go for a cup.

86. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I’ve an idea
    I will bring my pal with me he’s called Lamb.
    Can I sit by terrymancani hair transplant

Now you’re talking Sheep – your friend sounds much tenderer.

And are you really sure you want to sit next to Terry?

And if anyone starts any trouble, Redders will be doing the job of bouncer, so watch out.

88. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I was a bouncer in Mothercare

Sorry lads
    Being distracted

Sheep
    Redders is a REAL bouncer. 7ft 6ins tall and weighs 400 lbs.

91. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

Your request to sit between the Raven Haired Warrior Princess and the Flaxen Haired Warrior Princess is creepy crawly-ness of the highest order!

By the way — thank you very much — not!

I thought that description was a British smooth talking compliment, and I tried it on with a (female) visitor (who I have secretly fancied for some time) and she told me to stop being horrible, as it was anti feminine, or somesuch!! :-

My bud grinned when she went to make me a cup of tea (just saying!) :-) and said it conjured up seriously erotic visions of her in a dominatrix get up.

I geddit – it’s a male thing in the UK- right? :D

92. Red Arse says:

Micky,

Distracted? You still counting them? Should be two! But you had better ask Evonne!! :-)

93. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Not coming to the AA Dinner.
    I’m only 10st 9lbs and he will bully me
    And I’m 5ft 10 naked.

94. Red Arse says:

A bouncer I am not, Sheepless, altho’ I could probably make you bounce if you wanted! :-)

In LA a few years ago, I took on a restaurant bet that if I ate the whole of a 32 oz rib eye steak, the whole meal would be free.

I made it — but I still gave the waiter a 20% tip! :D

I have slimmed down since then to about 250lbs!

By the way, I have a penchant for lamb chops, especially those full of love! Yummy!

Ah Sheeper, I jest…
    Redders is a man mountain, but a gentle giant…

96. Red Arse says:

Sheep,

You will be OK. I have it on good authority that Evonne is not interested in your 5 feet, but the 10 inches is another matter! :-)

Much mischief on here…

Is it (in keeping with GiE’s Post) pre-derby nerves?

98. evonne says:

Yes Rocky, quiet before a storm

Chelsea are the talk of the town at the moment. Shite sport radio cannot mock them enough, lovely, we can relax and concentrate on the 3rd

99. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

My worry is Jenkinson will be marking Bale.

100. evonne says:

Micky – I never turn down explicit offers. I told you, I had a surgery on Friday and couldn’t make it for Saturday show down

101. Domhuail says:

I am so jealous and envious of gooners who have been able to see such memorable games at Highbury and now the emirates. Here’s hoping that we’ll create another wonderful memory for Arsenal on Sunday!

102. Need a post for tomorrow all …………………..

103. Gooner In Exile says:

AA Dinner? Easy Micky sets up the hog roast in Finsbury Park, Peaches brings the Peroni, and we know there’s going to be a bench for Chary to lie down on.

104. GiE – thank you for your lovely post today :)

GiE
    Yeah, but once you’ve eaten the hog roast, what are the rest of us meant to do?

106. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Make the aa feast in a neutral town city.

107. Gooner In Exile says:

Forage for berries Rocky.

Sheep….A neutral town/city? This isn’t the FA Cup semi final!!! N5

In terms of dates when will it be? Well CL Winners procession naturally…..from Wembley to Islington stopping at 26’s for refreshments and toilet break.

No problem Peaches always a pleasure, especially when we get to hear the old boys tales like we did today.

108. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

Just seen your 7:43, and if there has been any mischief it is my fault, albeit unintentional.

My apologies if I have inadvertently caused offence. My only excuse is that anything I said was intended to be humorous. :-(
    Mea culpa.

109. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Been to London a few times thing is no one can understand what im saying with my deep welsh accent .
    Fa cup semi final remember them !

Why not Copenhagen? The scene of our triumph over Parma and the night when the Famous Five were hailed as the best defence ever.

It si more neutral than , say, Milton Keynes or Malaga

RL. 8.28 There is always the Blackstock Rd. pub crawl – The Pins, Kings Head, Tavern, Woodbine, Gunners. Finish of with a short in the T-Bird

Talking to myself ….. A domani tutti

113. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Make it Ibiza loads of beer dancing and food
    Much love

114. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

And gay strippers and sun

115. BR if I turn up with Sheep will u eat me .?

Peaches
    There’s a draft in the silo.

Redders
    Mischief is a good thing :)

117. Ok I’m off in cockney slang.
    I need a dave the rave and face ache wants eye pad.
    Nighty nighty

Raddy
    You missed the Bank of Friendship!

119. mallard says:

Great days blogging thanks to you, GIE.
    I’d go for the ‘pants on head, pencils up nostrils, fingers in ears and plead insanity’ regime for Sunday afternoon. :)

Here’s your autographed 1971 menu, kelsey.

120. Gooner In Exile says:

It appears some of my pre match routine has been altered, Mrs Exile has booked a family visit to her brothers, she ambitiously scheduled it in the calendar for 12-4….I told her its either 12-6 or 12-2 as I need to be home for 4 or watching it there, it may have been a good way to cut down the angst, but the brother in law is a Dipper and he loves a wind up.

Sun’s out!!!! Must be an omen.

Need to do an internet search to find out what people do for luck around the world and then spend tomorrow sacrificing, daubing, crossing, etc etc etc

And then I must find out how to put the Evil Eye on the simian, because I can’t see any other way our porous defence can stop him..

RL. Time has withered my memory :-(

123. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning Raddy ….. I was thinking about him last night after finally getting to see his goals from Monday, he is in a purple patch but I’m still of the view he is just in one of those periods as a footballer hopefully it ends Sunday.

Anyway Arsene has a plan…..Frimpong is going to man mark him, especially the mark bit :)

Morning BR and GiE,
    Its a Zookeeper we need for Bale

I do think we are worrying a little too much.
    Let’s face it, they are not that good with only a last gasp fluke seeing them over the line against the lowly ‘Ammers (or a shinned shot, as Raddy would have us believe).
    We have big match guys and I really believe we will cope with the occasion.

Just seen that Clattenburg is refereeing. Not a great appointment for us. His last game with us was the loss to Swansea at home, whereas Spurs have won twice.

He is also card happy with 6 reds & 43 yellows in15 game this season. What’s the betting he sends JW off?

We also go into the game knowing that their style of football really suits our game, and allows us to score about five :-)

You’re in particularly doomest mode our Raddy.
    We are playing a team on sunday who have managed to lose league games against teams like The Wigan and The West Brom.
    How good can they really be? :-)

Micky. You are right. Don’t tell any of the AA’ers but I have a nasty feeling about this one.

130. Gooner In Exile says:

Oh bloody Clattenberg…..that’s all we need a ref who thinks people have come to see him referee rather than watch football. I have never thought of him as particularly bias one way or t’other just generally too preoccupied with himself.

It is true Micky that they have a style that maybe suits us especially at home, the battle will be won and lost in the middle of the park, whoever controls that will control the game.

131. evonne says:

zookeeper for Bale – ROLFing away….I don’t know where you get your punchlines from

On match days I don’t drink from my Arsenal mug; my mother is not allowed to phone me and my jinx son told not to visit. NEVER say Thank you if anybody wishes me luck…..other than that I am ok. Lucky shirt stopped working when Thiery left

Morning guys

Raddy you are up and down like a roller coaster :)
    No question we go into the game as underdogs and I believe that is to our advantage.
    My concern is that whatever certain players are already quoting that many don’t really understand the intense local rivalry which is borne out by the fans .
    I would accept a draw now yet we are on our day capable of beating the best and losing to the worst.

Thanks for my old links Mallard :)

GiE
    Their style suits us “especially at home”
    What?
    It didn’t suit us at the Ems ROLF

It’s st David’s day today in Wales I have got my lucky arsenal pants on today and I ain’t taking them off until Sunday night after we beat the Spuds.

Right I’m off to get locked up today catch u all tonight

Much love Sheepy.

135. evonne says:

Happy St David’s Sheepy xx

Theres a New Post …….. hold onto your hats …..

137. Nursing Jobs says:

I love the actual strategies an individual deliver for your content articles. I’m going to save your blog site and check out all over again below on a regular basis. I’m reasonably sure I will be advised several completely new things proper listed here! Good luck for the following!

138. Greyhounds Online Bookies This is certainly attention-grabbing, You are a incredibly qualified tumblr. We’ve signed up with your current rss feed as well as crunches regarding within the look for added of your superb article. In addition, I’ve got distributed your web site within my myspace

139. andy says: