Oxlade-Chamberlain Out On Loan

Let me start by saying that Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is a very gifted young man who will become a huge player for Arsenal.

And yet… I really think that the best thing for his development would be to be loaned out to another Premiership club for the remainder of this season.

untitled

In his 14 starts and eight substitute appearances this season, AOC has had some great moments and showed no shortage of skill and determination.

But he has also, mostly, looked a bit out of his depth.

In his last two outings (as a starter against Brighton on Saturday and a late substitute against West Ham) his displays were characterised by wrong options taken and little in the way of end result.

Against the Hammers, we were already winning 5-1 when he came on, but he twice took ridiculously ambitious shooting chances when a simple pass would have been much more likely to yield a goal.

Of course there are mitigating circumstances (aside from his age and inexperience): he was playing with unfamiliar line-ups and untested partnerships, as with Jenkinson at the weekend.

However, in the moments when he has had the ball he has seldom seemed to do the right thing and was generally not on the same wavelength as his colleagues.

Many young talents have a “second season dip” and AOC is probably just experiencing one of them right now, before he kicks on next season.

But he is not good enough to command a starting place and, therefore, his opportunities in the first team will remain limited to cameos for the rest of the season unless there is a serious injury to more senior players.

With that in mind, I feel he would learn a lot more by going out on loan to a team where he could expect to play most games – rather like the experience Jack Wilshere had during his loan spell at Bolton.

Jack came back a tougher, wiser player and I would expect Alex to do the same.

If he were to spend the next few months at somewhere like Wigan, Norwich, West Brom or Swansea he would get a lot more than just extra playing minutes. He would start to learn about the responsibilities that come with being a team player (responsibilities he has been neglecting recently in the red and white).

A few bollockings from good pros who don’t have anything like Alex’s talents but are prepared to work as hard as they possibly can for their team mates will do him a power of good.

And experiencing a life that won’t be nearly as cosseted as that afforded to the Arsenal players will also be good for reminding him just how fortunate he is.

He would – like Jack – return to Arsenal a more rounded player and man.

A final advantage will be that he will be out of the firing line of the more volatile element among our supporters – fans who don’t seem happy unless they have a hate figure to shout at.

Alex is possibly only a few iffy performances away from starting to attrach the sort of groans and abuse that have dogged Theo Walcott for years.

All this is not meant to sound like an attack on AOC. As I said at the outset, I am really confident he will turn into a huge talent for Arsenal and England.

But if a loan-out was good enough for Wilshere (and Szczesny and others), why not Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain?

RockyLives

138 Responses to Oxlade-Chamberlain Out On Loan

1. d says:

Nicely written and reasoned article but I’m afraid I disagree with your premise. I don’t think AOC has looked out of depth at all and with the squad light on wingers and creative options, I still think he has an important role to play over the coming months

2. ClockEndRider says:

Bloody hell if he has to suffer as little as Walcott has he’ll be fine. With the change in finances now though, I doubt he will be given 7 years to find some semblance of form though.

3. evonne says:

morning Rasp – re Diamy – reasonably trustworthy; he knows many players and the rumour amongst them is that Mr D is in serious talks with Arsene

Rocky – NO. Ox might be going throught a tricky period of his career, but I don’t want him to go anywhere, no sir

4. BIg RAddy says:

RL Really good suggestion. I fear Ox is going backwards at the moment, not helped by a lack of opportunity.

He needs pitch time and the weekly challenge of games. Sitting on the bench is a waste of his undoubted talents but until he can prove he should play ahead of his competition he will ride the pine (Oz ©)

What has happened to Ryo? Is he alive?

6. Sid says:

I agree with d here. Cannot say AOC has looked at all out of his depth and has on occasion been one of the few bright sparks when more senior players werent doing it. He is a great player to have in the squad and no need at the moment to loan him out.

Thanks Rocky, you present a very compelling argument for sending the Ox out on loan.

If you could guarantee me we aren’t going to suffer injuries to the players above him in the pecking order, I’d be 100% with you. But this season is at a critical point for us and I wouldn’t want to risk losing his services however erratic his performances.

I think the support Giroud has been afforded shows that supporters only get on the back of players when they think (emphasis on think) they are not trying hard enough – that is an accusation unlikely to be levelled at the Ox.

I distinctly remember the ‘old Theo’ going down easily under a challenge and staying there arms outstretched looking pleadingly towards the ref, the new Theo, bounces straight back up and continues his run. Obviously confidence is pivotal, I’d hate to see the Ox suffer from a lack of confidence.

If Anelka is good enough to get a loan at Juventus, why not us?

He would have jumped at a chance to finish his career at AFC

Maybe a year or two too old and thus better suited to the pace of Serie A

That is a very interesting and thought provoking topic Rocky. Part of me thinks it is a good idea and part of me is not so sure.

Something I have mentioned before is that I am not sure the attacking right flank is his best position. Last season I seem to recall his 2 best performances as being the home games against Milan and Utd. I believe in these games he played attacking centre and attacking left respectively.

Although I am not the most overly critical fan when it comes to AW, one of the areas that has bugged me has been the positions he plays certain players in. There are obvious ones I feel are completely wrong like Ramsey on the right and Gervinho leading the line, but I feel there are also a couple of more subtle ones, and one of those I feel is with where he plays the Ox.

I have also felt that Gervinho, when he has had a decent game, looks better from the right than the left but I think (I might be wrong) that AW normally plays Gervinho from the left. Both these players are right footed but it seems some attacking players prefer the opposite flank, like Pires and Overmars, and I do see a goal-scoring attacking midfielder in the Ox. I just wonder if he has been getting this the wrong way around, and that we may have seen both these 2 look a bit better this season if they played more on the opposite flanks as mentioned above.

10. yono says:

Hi. I’m totally disagree with you, despite i know what you feel about him. He really a great talent. I think the way he played in ‘westham’ was pure his inmature side. Indeed that’s a common atitude for the player at his age. We have a big win, what else do you looking for?? off course sensational or memorial moment. That’s why he try terrible long shot which no use at all. But, if we in crucial situation, he will play more careful. Yeah, he not in best situation for the moment with more consitency in our three attacker position. But, i believe he will breakthrough like ‘arsenal wonderkid’ used to be.

11. Twig says:

I agree. He has looked tired and short of ideas since his return from injury. He has only a goal and probably only an assist to show for his efforts in addition to lots of showboating when a simpler pass would have been more effective. A loan out will do him a world of good.

12. Twig says:

I would like to add that he hasn’t been very disciplined to his wide role too. The best advice to the OX is To Keep it Simple and to Be Disciplined.

13. dandan says:

Depends if we buy another forward this week, if so, then by all means give him a chance with a club that would play him every game. Half a season in Holland with DB10 wouldn’t do him any harm and would improve his awareness and work ethic no end.

14. dandan says:

OOPs Rocky sorry, thanks for the post matey.

15. Jenkinson says:

That would reduce our squad from 19 to 18.
    It is already too small and still contains Squillaci and Arshavin.
    So we are surely going to buy some players this week.

16. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good talking point RL, not sure I agree about sending the lad out on loan though, staying on and working with the team seems a better option.

Maybe he was told to go out and express himself against The hammers, at 5 – 1 with not much time left it seems a distinct possibility, don’t you think?

One player who would benefit from a month out on loan is Diaby, it would give him a chance to lose the ring rustiness.

17. goonerjake says:

Good post, maybe a good idea.
    I think I may be spending too much time thinking about football. Last night I had a dream where I met david dein and we spent along time discussing where arsenal have gone wrong scince he was made to leave the club. Should I be worried?

18. Shubham says:

I agree with you RL. Regular playing time somewhere else might help the kids development. He is definitely not on the same wavelength as his team mates at present. Also, I feel he tries to attempt difficult things when simple pass and move options are available thereby complicating matters. He undoubtedly is talented but needs to build on applying his skills to affect the game. This season he has been a passenger and has not influenced any game one bit. I have mentioned this even in my earlier comments.

19. lawrencelee says:

Never!!! The ox’s direct style can have an impact on many of our games, and I would much rather see him in an arsenal side over the likes of Ramsey arteta diaby or rosicky anyday! Ox to stay!!

20. Am says:

The Ox will bounce back as he is a good player. Just a dip, he can change his fortune around with hard work.

21. evonne says:

Just remembered the interview with AO’s dad who was a decent player himself. He said that Alex is best in the middle, that’s his ultimate position. Could it be that he is playing out-of-position?

22. Gooner Kev says:

Agree a loan might do him good, but we dont have the squad to do it at the moment.

We are extremely short already in the wide areas, in fact that is where we should be buying a player in January.

If Ox goes on loan and Theo gets injured or is needed through the middle then who plays on the right? Cazorla? Gervinho? Both better left or central

23. Abdulrasheed uthmaen says:

Thats not a good reason for oxlade to be loaned out dont even think about it. That reminds players lose talent due to that behaviour, players like satos,arshavin and jenkinson just because a player made a single blander then we lose hope and trust to that player we have to stop and forgive even God forgive why dont we. I understand oxlade was out of form but if you can see its because he has a huge work in that game, the mid was not well and he was passing the ball and creating space together in defending the mid

24. alex says:

Why will Arsen loan Ox when he is not ready to bring in more players please can someone talk to him for us we are not happy

25. evonne says:

alex – ‘We’ are not happy? Sorry to hear that YOU are not happy. coz I’m fine

26. evonne says:

Why do I hear the constipation adverts every time I open NewsNow :)
    Is it just me or do they target other Arsenal fans who are full of s**t?

27. Bryan says:

A well written article Rocky
    but for me no, I don’t think he should go out on loan, I feel we are too light on players & I ‘d prefer the Ox to be playing on the wing instead of when Ramsey plays there, thats for sure.
    After 2 very decent performances, I am hoping we will kick on from here, starting with beating Liverpool on Wednesday.
    Also I would like to mention 2 players that have impressed me lately, Pod is 1, who has really hit some form & looking the player we thought he was & 2 is Giroud, he is clumsy & he will miss alot of chances but he will get us goals as he is showing lately, 13 goals & 9 assists is pretty good with what is left of his 1st season in EPL & his all round team play is exceptionable.

Great post, great logic, I agree whole heartedly.

29. WiganGooner says:

Great article Rocky

I agree with you, the only problem is our lack of squad depth wouldn’t allow us to let him go. With Gervinho away for at least the short term and fixtures piling up, we will need the Ox.

A shame, because it will stunt his development as he needs games, just like Corporal Jenks.

WG

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I don’t think AW will loan him out (not least for the squad reasons that have been pointed out) but a spell of regular football elsewhere would do him good.

Can’t be around much today as I’m at a conference.

31. evonne says:

what time is it in Canada now, isn’t it middle of the night?

I’m in Washington evonne, and it’s 9am :)

33. evonne says:

so it is middle of the night :)
    thanks for great post R

34. Great post Rocky. A loan may help him but I don’t think it will help us.

Hi Rocky,
    Between reading your post and making my way down here to the Leave a Reply Box, I’ve performed two stunning U-turns already, but then I am the master of the U-ey :-)
    Frankly, I think we should loan him out. Oh, and keep him due to our thin cover on the right. Also, is he a wide boy or a middler? I don’t know. Roy Hodgson thinks one thing, while Arsene thinks another, and I think everything and nothing.
    Confused? Moi?

Evonne @ 2.05
    How can a Fella not love a Girl who thinks 9am is the middle of the night?
    Classic :-)

Back later.

38. Afternoon all, I’ve probably missed Mr Rock but thank you for putting up a well argued post that gives me an infernal dilemma.
    Of course sending The Ox out on loan will give him valuable playing time, however our squad is a bit streeeeetched at the moment.

Therefore I find myself in the same boat as Mdi89 – I don’t know what to decide, I’m betwixt and between either option.

I see Brendan Rodgers is giving it large about how they’re going to put us to the sword on Wednesday …… they’re more worried than we areit would appear. Let’s hope we start the game with urgency because they are bound to make a lively start.

We can only afford to drop 9 points in the last 15 games if we are to equal last season’s points tally – a tall order!

Rasp: I’ve sent the “tweaked” widget to Arsenal Nuts, let me know your thoughts.

Thanks GN5, I’ll have a look this evening when I get home

Evonne,

Canada has 6 different time zones the most easterly point is 3.5 hours behind the U.K. time zone and the far westerly point is 8.0 hours behind. In London, Ontario where I live we are 5.0 hours behind your time.

43. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Hi
    The sheep would not send the Ox on loan as we need him in the squad.
    Plus he’s better than most of the Rubbish in the squad at the present time,we will play him we just need patience.

Still no signings I see,can’t believe what he’s doing not bringing anyone.

44. weedonald says:

OAC is still developing, that is true BUT he is better off, in my humble opinion, staying at AFC where he’ll get the guidance and training he needs, rather than risk him at another EPL or Championship Club, whose methods and approach do not concur with the Arsenal’s.
    We are also one or two injuries away from a rather thin squad so better to keep him on our bench than someone else’s. I feel he has had a good season so far and will start to fire on all cylinders over the next 15 matches. He is a quality player and needs quality players beside him, like Podolski,Cazorla, Arteta, Giroud, Walcott and so on……they serve to inspire him. I feel he is past his loan days unlike Ryo Miyachi and the others now out on loan. Its now or never for him and he seems mature enough and ready for the big Team.

I am surprised that no one has commented on the banner that went up on Saturday at Brighton.

Pedro of Le Grove gets a quote, a clever comment condemning it on one hand but very craftily confirming support for it on the other.

46. evonne says:

GN5 – thank you for the explanation. 5 hours in not that bad, but I am sure Rocky is in the 8 hours away zone or at least he will tell me that :)

9 points in 15 games…..thinking….ManU in April at home…cannot see any other tricky games

47. evonne says:

Micky – that’s a cure for my permanent headache :)

48. evonne says:

LB – someone did mention the fight on Saturday, cannot remember who. Fecking morons actually took their time to make a banner that could only hurt the players; away game when we need to show united front the cretins ridicule the club, shocking

If anyone reading this was at the Brighton game and could give us a first hand comment it would be much appreciated.

50. LB
    The bloke who owns the banner is 24 and says he’s been to 500 matches.

I spoke to him on twitter yesterday and asked him to stop the name calling.

I wasn’t there and I can’t give any comment LB, but had I been there I would have dressed them up in a bikers outfit complete with a super-glued on Moustache, and marched them down to the local Blue Oyster Bar where I would have thrown them in and locked the door. If anyone else can come up with a better Brightonesque punishment for the morons in question I would like to hear it.

Rocky

On balance i would keep him.he is better than theo was at his age and regardless where his best position is, Wenger loves to start so many attackers on the wing. Then add in to the pot that in all probability Arshavin is off and that leaves Gervinho who is like mustard to some. If the story about Villa is true it might change things.

53. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I bet it was SPECTRUM with that banner!.

He’d have to have long arms – he’s in Australia :?

55. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

He flew over for the match,maybe

I’d like to see Eisfeld go out on loan as he’s not going to get any first team, action and I rate him as a future prospect.

In retrospect, I think sending the Ox out would be demeaning – he’s a full England International, it would probably knock his confidence

It is a difficult decision. Ox needs games to progress; he has youth on his side and can wait, but for how long? How will things change next season – assuming we don’t sell anyone?

As I see it the first 11 is settled with Ramsey as the sub for JW, Diaby the sub for Santi and Coquelin for Arteta.

With Gnabry looking for a wing spot, Ryo returning on the left wing and Eisfeld getting rave reviews. Plus Rosicky having recently signed a contract extension – where does Ox fit in?

Furthermore there continues to be rumours about a new DM.

Interesting times ahead.

As to the anti. Wenger banner: I am a great believer in free speech as long as it isn’t abusive and this banner was not abuse – it was purely someone’s opinion.

I may not agree with the sentiments but I neither do I agree it affects the players. They do not live in a bubble (apart from economically), they know there is an undercurrent of unrest.

On the other hand, well played the Gooners who confronted them :-)

59. evonne says:

sheep @5:08 – yeah, he flew over cukoo’s nest

Evonne,

Just got back in, if Rocky is in the city of Washington (east coast) then he’s 5 hours behind the UK on the other hand if he’s in the state of Washington (west coast) then he’s 8 hours behind.

61. Gunner says:

Its true he is still young. He needs a few seasons to become hot.

62. faisal ali says:

no way he should stay i like his style o play, if he goes out on loan who will play at the right midfield and yet theo is now a front man

63. Ray says:

Ridiculous. We’re a painfully thin squad of quality and you want to loan out one of only decent alternatives. Get a grip!

64. evonne says:

GN5 – wherever he is, it’s too far; he is such a great guy, we would love to have him back in Blighty

Rasp @5.11, I would agree that it would likely be counter-productive to send Ox on loan now as he is a full England international. There seems to be a trend in our young developing players that Arsene promotes them into the first team at a young age, then suddenly pulls them back a bit. It is almost as if he doesn’t want them to get too good too quickly, maybe so as not to develop too much of an ego, but also more likely so that the media pressure of them being the next big thing doesn’t get too great.

I also wonder if when a young talented player first hits the first team they have no fear as not so much is expected of them. Once they showcase their skills, however, in a couple of games the expectancy becomes that they should be able to perform like that consistently, and maybe they start to tighten up a bit and think too much rather than play with the freedom that they exhibited initially. I am certain that Arsene understands better than anyone the psychological pitfalls for a promising young player so I for one would see what ever AW decides is best is actually best.

My observations are that AW also seems to let them sample different positions, other than the position he has in mind for that player in the long run, and it wouldn’t surprise me that he has a different role in mind for AOC over the next couple of seasons, other than the right flank.

I mentioned in a comment earlier that I don’t think it is his best position, and feel he will be more suited to attacking left or attacking central. Other managers would likely just put them in what they consider to be the best position from the outset, and keep playing them if they seem to be doing well. I don’t know if the way we do it is the best way to do things, but it seems to be Arsenes way.

Even AW’s detractors surely can’t argue that when it comes to young promising talent there is no-one better to nurture and develop them to the level of a top international, which I personally think AOC will become..

66. Peter says:

Let’s not knock the Ox for going for goal! We do not need the ‘Hleb’ era of pass pass pass pass, no shots, pass pass pass! Everyone in the team needs to be scoring to make up for RVP.

67. David says:

Should not be loan

68. slime says:

Arsenal people in Spain negotiating for Villa. Please be true!

As for Ox, he will eventually play central I reckon, but for now, I would keep him at the club. I thought Ramsey should be loaned but he’s been excellent this season, maybe the Ox will develop next year.

69. arthur mallard кря кря says:

cheers Rocky.

I think a loan would do him some good but the timing isn’t right what with our threadbare squad of deadwood and perennially injured superstars. :)

70. goonerjake says:

The Banner,

I was not their, however the reason why it caused so much problems is because even though it was produced by maybe one or two people unfurling it in the away end tries to give the impression that all the passionate away fans agree with the sentiment.
    If i had been their i would of burned the thing, stenciled a cockeral on each of their foreheads and given them directions to white hart lane.

Since when do protests against managers do any good. Steve Keane protest…..that worked well didnt it!(for those of the blog Le G**** that was irony)

Great idea Goonerjake. We could do the Cockerel stencil and White Hart Lane thing right after my suggestion that we dress them up like the village people and lock them in Brighton’s Blue Oyster Bar.

Top comment Jake

Jake :-D

Villa. Not at all sure. Where would he play? Is he as good as he was 3 years ago and before his injury?

We don’t need him.

Interesting post Rocky. In these cases i have complete faith In Arsenes judgement, If he feels the lad and club would benefit from a loan then it will happen.

Nice one Jake. What kind of a fool turns up with a banner like that? He must have know he would wind people up, the stupid prat.

I don’t know Raddy. I like Giroud and how he is shaping up but it is still his first season in the EPL and it is a step up in level, especially against the better teams. Ditto Podolski. I can still see them both having some games where it is not working out for them, as we have seen earlier this season at times, and I don’t think we will see a consistency in them til next season. Walcott is also looking good but is still in a conversion period and learning how to play the more advanced role. A proven finisher that requires no nurturing could be vital. His movement and instincts are amongst the very best and he may be slightly diminished but that is still better than most strikers around. I feel he has another 2-3 good seasons in him still and have also watched as Utd have won games that they have looked like dropping points in this season purely because they can have 3-4 goal-scorers on the pitch at the same time when needed late in games. .

76. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

We will beat Liverpool on weds I’m confident.
    Hi terry how’s the bald patch mate ,is the shampoo working

Much love
    Sheep Hagger™⚽

77. goonerjake says:

GoonerB

I love the blue oyster idea too.

GoonerB. Villa will need to settle in as well. As far I know he has only played in Spain which is a very different style of football.

Quality player though and your point about MU is well made. However, post ACN we will be back to 4 strikers and hopefully a rejuvenated, uber-confident Gervinho

Agreed Raddy that he may well need to adapt as well but sometimes you look at a player and their capabilities and just get a feeling that they will slot right in to the EPL and I have that feeling about Villa. I might be wrong though. The problem fro me with Gervinho is that I see him as an attacking wide player / winger that should chip in with some goals rather than a striker that will score on a regular basis.

80. He haz Iniesta esque,efective when drifting from left Arsene should use him frm that position,he gives th best just like last seson.

81. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Still no signings for us .
    Cant Wenger find a pen
    much love
    Tom jones

82. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Joseph we ain’t going to sign any one.
    Beats me were the RVP money gone !

There is a post in drafts, it’s topical, no probs if you already have something but change what ever you need as ever.

84. TomJ says:

I am sure someone else said this but not got time to get through the comments, but, what a muppet of a statement. Hes going through a dip, so loan him out, with 5 months to go in the season, nobody coming in? Do you think Diaby and Rosiky will be around all season? We are 6th and will need fighters from now until the end of the season, Arsenal men, an he fits the bill. Think about it again and give me one good reason to loan him out

85. peaches
    If you read this can you get another ticket for the Sunderland away screening? I’m taking a half day off and I’ve used all my memberships . xx

86. Bayonne Jean says:

I don’t know whose idea “OX TV” was, but thankfully that was cashiered early on; didn’t need Ox to be the next Djourou.
    As for a loan spell: it’s not a guarantee by any means. Someone mentioned Ryo in an earlier comment: what’s up? Is he in a witness protection program?

87. Gooner In Exile says:

A very late arrival to this interesting post Rocky, haven’t even had a chance to read comments to see if my PoV has already been aired.

Firstly on why not loaned out, my guess is Arsene feels he has done his apprenticeship in the first team at S’oton. You are sadly right about the boo boys in fact they have already started if what I heard during a couple of games I have been to the Ems are to go by. Which is a shame as not all can be Cesc or Jack like in their first full seasons for the club.

88. mohammad umair says:

There is nothing that shows AOC has dipped in his performance. The fact is Arsenal now have good players in the position AOC plays. I don’t want him to get rusty by playing just select few games. I would love him to go to Bolton or maybe even Stoke for only one reason. Jack WIlshere. Remember JW came back as a stronger and physical player after a loan spell at Bolton. AOC will only go a step higher. He just needs little more game time and I’m sure any (even a mid-tablet PL) team will have him on board without any objection. Then we will have a player with much more physicality in his play.

89. Jaminho James says:

Big No!!!for now unless Wenger strengthens da squad

90. Dirk Diggler says:

I see your point, and I think it’s a good one. The problem is the squad is wafer thin at the moment and we need him in the squad. I think if we add a player or two this window, and address squad deficiencies in the summer, maybe we can afford to loan him out at the beginning of next season, either for six months or for the season with a right to call him back. He will be a top player in a year or two and he’ll probably get there faster with 90 minutes every week as opposed to the 15 minutes he gets every two weeks with us at the moment. Who knows what Walcott would be doing now if he didn’t have to endure five years of spot duty?

Good Morning

I have a strong belief that if we don’t achieve CL qualification this year that Wenger will leave and for that reason the BoD are reluctant to go into the transfer market in the remaining few days though there appears to be substance in that a deal is being proposed to buy David Villa.
    I honestly think that proposals are going on behind the scenes that if we qualify there really will be expenditure in the Summer but if not a new man (whoever that maybe) will obviously have other thoughts and of course one of the main hindrances will still be to reduce the wage bill somehow with the relatively high numbers of players that are either on loan or at this moment of time just can’t be sold as there appears to be little interest and of course others nearing the end of their contracts, and the possibility of Sagna leaving.
    As usual I hold a very small minority that take this view and I am in no way advocating that Wenger will go but I feel there are options either way,depending on how the season pans out.

92. Sai says:

Ox has been commercialised and at a very young age. Off-season frolics ver nice and fun, but he’s being targetted too early, given his fan following in England. That may seem a modus operandi for any English player. But he’s yet to establish himself as a regular in the squad for both club and country and he needs to focus on his game more that things happening off the field.

93. Christopher ogwal says:

AOC should be loaned out,that is a very good idea.he needs to play for a team fighting relegation,so that he can get the fighting spirit that he is lacking.Astone villa is good for him

94. Bigboss says:

The should be loan out in order to make him gain enough expirience.

95. Red Arse says:

Good Morning, Kelsey, :-)

So, to sum up your bee leaf, Wenger will go in the summer, if we do not qualify for the CL, and to make sure that happens, the BoD are refusing to buy anyone who might help him. (But you also bee leaf they are trying to buy Villa).

Were you ever a politician, Kelsey, my dear old sausage? :D

RA,
    you over cooked bratwurst, :) this is how i see things.it makes perfect sense to me Iam leaving my options open if you read carefully.

97. Red Arse says:

No, doubt about it Kelsey! :-)

Now Arsenal have denied they are negotiating for Villa — so you have put the Black Spot on Arsene!! Are you also Long John Silver, Kelsey?? :-)

98. Gooner In Exile says:

Good Morning the Daddy’s, Incontinents, and Insomniacs of AA.

Kelsey that will definitely please Madrid who have grown tired of Maureen and appear to want Arsene. I think there will be a bit of managerial merry go round in the summer, Mancini to leave City and be replaced by Maureen will be the start. I wouldn’t then be surprised to see Mancini take the vacancy at Chelsea.

Us? Well if as some assume Arsene has not strengthened when money has been available, and we don’t qualify for the CL the Board will never have a better time to ask Arsene to go and would surely do it for dereliction of duty. We will then see whether it is Arsene or the Board’s decision not to spend.

99. arthur mallard кря кря says:

kelsey,
    Sorry to hear that you hold a very small minority in your 5.39. :)

100. emmanuel says:

Please u didn’t have to loan him out please

101. emmanuel says:

Please u didn’t have to loan him out please,we need him

102. evonne says:

Morning all
    Did any of you hear Arry Redknapp interview last night? He talked openly about transfers, agents and a war that January window has created. It looked as he was stopping himself from saying too much, but to me he said enough – agents are disgusting pirranhas, just as I suspected

GIE

You have said in your last paragraph what i am thinking.Will it all come out in the wash ? I doubt it.That is the 64000$ question.

Anyway I thought i would throw the cat amongst the pigeons

RA: no but we did have an eduardo de long john silva :)

Chas ; behave ;)

Interesting viewpoint kelsey.

Holtby’s transfer fee of €2m is a steal …. I wonder why it is so low for a young International player with CL experience?

106. evonne says:

Kelsey – is there any mention in Spanish press about Villa? Over here there some serious noises that the deal is still on

Pierce Morgan loves Santos :) On this occassion I must agree with him – get rid off him QUICKLY

Just read that Holtby has only 5 months left on his contract. We are not the only club to have these problems :-(

108. arthur mallard кря кря says:

BR, I was just about to type, B O S M A N.

109. arthur mallard кря кря says:

evonne,
    I’ve tried to trace the Villa story and as usual it all points back to one article by goal.com or caughtoffside or some other pony.

110. arthur mallard кря кря says:

No-one should ever agree with Piers capital M small organ.
    You may hold a similar view but have reached it from a completely different starting premise i.e. not being a 24 carat twat. :)

111. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Morning
    beckkham training at arsenal today is it an Omen that he will joins us .
    How do we feel if becks arrives?.

112. evonne says:

Hi Sheep – yes, I have seen David story in the press too. Brill, I love the guy…all women love him to be fair :)

113. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I like his attitude he’s a good man and we need a dead ball kicker,as that was RVP job before he left.

Much love
    The spice girls xx

evonne, according to the Spanish press Dick Laws is in Barcelona and is trying to resurrect a deal for Villa which had seemed last week to be a no goer.
    Personally if we were going to buy one quality player by thursady night i would have opted for a replacement for Diaby or a LB.

Becks? Like many others I am a big fan but in our first 11 …. No Thank you.

Everton sign a big DM,. Some say it is to allow Fellaini to play behind the striker – his favourite position – but it would be very exciting if he was signed because Fellaini is Emirates bound

116. evonne says:

Thanks Kelsey

Chas – ok, Morgan is a dickhead, but what do you think of Santos?

Very surprised to see AA as top story on Newsnow. Amazing what a snappy headline can do!

Well done Rocky.

118. evonne says:

Why is Fellainin Emirates bound? Becuase he has even more hair than Kelsey :)

This will be the third time becks has trained with us. the thought of him joining us must be a kroenke idea to sell shirts and for the young girls to cream themselves. good logic :)

Wow. Just checked and Rocky’s post is the most viewed post EVER on Arsenal Arsenal.

Indeed raddy,close on 30000. Well done rocky yet again.

Kelsey. If you add in todays hits it is will pass 40k. More than the capacity at Shite HL !

123. Manthan says:

HI Gudmorning all,
    Its already 29 48 more hours for transfer still AW has not moved for single player… Spurs bought Holtby,Cheski Bought BA,Everton bought some DM and all this teams are fighting for top4 like gunners.. But despite tat we havent made any move any toughts??????

Manthan. Patience.

Remember the Arshavin signing? He signed at the very last second of the deadline and it wasn’t ratified until the day after.

Calm down Manthan ;)

Harry want’s to buy crouch yet again he gets mor brown envelopes than most people get in a lifetimes work

Raddy

SPxxxxum got 4.5 hits

127. Manthan says:

BR,
    Agree But still a little Scared :D :D… What will happen if we dont finish in top4 hope for the best ;-)

128. Gooner In Exile says:

Maybe Harry is upset that Fernandes and bods at QPR are involved he said something like “it should just be players agent and the clubs agent”. What he omitted was “and a nice brown envelope for Rosie”.

The world will end, Manthan :)

130. Manthan says:

Kelsey,
    Agree :D :D :D
    What will happen when they will get relegated all the newly singed players will run away :P :P

131. Manthan says:

Kelsey yeah surely world will end :D :D :D

Morning all…..

…. New post ……

…. And meanwhile back in the real World, AOC is desperately needed in a squad that is already light on numbers and, in some respects, quality.
    I can understand the author’s point, but it is not well rationalised in terms of the clubs current and immediate needs …

Ok, sure, if we actrually do the unthinkable and sign 2/3 players before the close of this transfer window, I’d half agree with the prmise, but only half-heartedly.

134. goonerjosh says:

2 points. no the ox should not go out on loan. and cannot go out on loan. look at our wingers. walcott poldolski gervinho ox. if he goes that will leave us short. besides the other 3 wingers are half strikers. keeping the ox tho he may be limited to opportunities only does us good. id rather bring him of the bench first before gervinho. and secondly.. i agree with alot of us here especially my mate gooner jake. i hate how the size of that banner made it look like all away fans feel the same. anyone who brings banners like that is doing no good. i was at the city away game this season and there were many vicous arguments between us away fans. shouldnt we be united as gooners? yeah we have disagreements etc fine. but leave the fighting till we go down the lane. where it can be justified

135. evonne says:

Kelsey – he has a mentor. His father was an international goalie, not very good at it.

136. What’s Taking place i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this
    I have discovered It absolutely useful and it has aided me out loads.

I am hoping to contribute & help other users like its helped me.
    Good job.

137. I got this web page from my pal who told me about this site and
    at the moment this time I am browsing this website and
    reading very informative content at this time.