Any Given Wednesday.

These games are coming too fast and the inevitable result is injuries. Today we are without Coquelin, Arteta, Rosicky, , Gervinho, probably Diaby and Uncle Tom Cobblee. Thankfully, Podolski and Ox should be fit for duty but there are no guarantees, which leaves the squad very thin especially on the bench

UnknownA thin Bench. (no good for FFBW-Nasri)

After 2 awful results we “welcome” a Fat Sam side with the sublime skills of Nolan, C. Cole, Tomkins, Noble, etc to the Emirates. It will be a tough, cold night for our heroes. West Ham have become a typical Walrus team. Power, pace, aggression but with no small amount of skill provided by Joe Cole and Matt Jarvis. On Saturday, West Ham sent over 56 crosses into QPR’s box – yes, 56!!  With Chamakh, Cole, Nolan and Carroll to choose from upfront there is no doubting the tactics.

How do Hammers fans feel about having the Football Academy turned into The Home of Hoofball – a Southern Stoke? Well, it appears they are very happy. Allardyce will take WHU to a mid-table position which is highly satisfactory even if the football is poor.

Or is it? If you could win the FA Cup but had to play hoofball would you be happy? For many the answer would be Yes.

If – huge If – we can start as we finished in our last two games we will win tonight, but we have been saying this for too log. Arsenal, for some reason, find the first 40 + minutes tough going. They cannot find their rhythm, their passing is poor, their man-marking non-existent, their forward play toothless; all in all , crap. But second half …….

Runners & Riders:

001b

Many are saying this is a vital game and that 3 points are an essential. I have to agree. A draw is not good enough. The absence of a physically powerful DM is hurting us, and tonight we should see a potential AW target in Diame. Diame will be hoping to put in a good performance, after all he must be desperate to play for Wenger rather than the Walrus.

Today’s explorer: David Thompson (1770-1857). This man is hardly remembered and yet is one of histories great explorers and land geographers. He mapped 3.9 million sq.miles of North America! Originally working with the Hudson Bay Company as a fur trade, he started by surveying the Great Lakes and then headed South. He was the first to complete the length of the Columbia river and surveyed much of North-West America. Thompson once walked from the Atlantic to the Pacific Coast. He had 13 surviving children and died of exhaustion in Montreal at the age of 86.

images-1

Nice Hat.

So how should ARsenal approach this game? I would say with the knowledge that if the players underperform they will be told their parking bays have been withdrawn and they have to walk to the ground amongst the fans. We will let them know how important St. Totts day is. Maybe spending some time outside their bubble of luxury will spur them to come out the tunnel focussed and not in the land of fairies.

Get Steve Bould to give the pre-match motivational speech, or get back TA or TH or even better Al Pacino, but please lads, win tonight and win well.

Expect Jaaskalianen to give another brilliant performance.

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

317 Responses to Any Given Wednesday.

GM,
    The game is being shown on Wiziwig.

2. Red Arse says:

Randy,

I enjoyed your pre-match, as usual, but I am surprised by your personal comment that poor old David thompson had 13 kids and died of exhaustion.

Do you not care about the travails of his Mrs whenever she saw him back from one of his walks?

3. Tosin Sarewa Omojola says:

All da best Gunners!

4. Red Arse says:

And as a descendent of Harry Hawke I take exception to Uncle Tom Cobley being the only one to get a name check!!

What about Bill Brewer, Jan Stewer, Peter Gurney, Peter Davy, Dan’l Whiddon, Harry Hawke and all? They are the ones who put Widdecombe on the map!!

Always such a good read Raddy. Thank you.
    No Coq or Arteta is very worrying. Where’s Frimpong these days?

RA
    I think you may be making a fairly wild assumption that there was only the one Mrs H.

7. He was on the bench on Sunday Micky.
    hope the team play as well as you write your pre-matches Raddy

There was only one Mrs T. and they were married over 50 years. Plus I said surviving children – in those days about 1 in 3 made it past 5 y.o.

9. Great stuff Big Randy, and I’m gratified to see you have put Jenks back into the starting eleven – as he should be given Sagna’s indifferent form lately.

Just bought my tickets for the Villa game, let’s hope they are thoroughly demoralised and in free fall by the time the match comes around.

Great report Raddy and lets hope, as you rightly pointed out, that we get a 90 minute performance rather than 45. The Walruses teams are very able to keep it tight and scrappy so I don’t think we should throw our toys out of the pram if we don’t dominate for 90 mins and if some parts of the game look a bit more subdued.

I have been thwarted for a variety of reasons from posting the last 3 days but did manage to read many of the posts. Wow, it has been a very interesting 3 days in AA land with lots of interesting discussions. Too much to reply to so maybe I will just do a post on it. I don’t know if I will see the game later as last I looked it was not officially televised in the U.K. Going to chance my luck at one of the local pubs and hope they are showing it through the Mongolian national T.V channel. A bit busy again today so will check back later. Have a good day AA’ers.

Great PM Raddy. I was already feeling a bit nervy about tonight and reading your analysis of Wham has made me even more worried.

If ever there was a game when our lack of muscle and power in midfield could be exposed … this is it.

In my very unwlecome opinion, it will be a scandal if we do not make every effort to sign a defence minded midfield enforcer this January. Victor Wanyama is a 6ft 2 in beast of a man built like a brick outhouse and knows how to put it about – how we could do with a player like him in our ranks this evening.

12. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Great stuff, BR.
    I’m looking forward to the game, even more so after reading that.

Rasp, your opinion is always welcome. You are the Blogfather after all.

I’m not sure we need to worry about the midfield. A walrus team usually bypasses the need to have one. A big lump to help defend dead balls would definitely be handy though.
    The full backs will have to be on their mettle if long diagonals to the wingers are their means to getting 56 crosses in.

Thanks gonad, don’t start me, I have far worse fears for tonight you really won’t want to hear :(

Is Blogfather’s German cousin Blogfarter?
    You all know where I stand on the need for a DM, and I’m still standing on the same spot. I do not believe AW will ignore the bleeding obvious this window. Still seven days to go :-)

Hi Micky, unfortunately I fear for Jack this evening. When he sees the players around him not being strong enough he’s going to try to do it all himself again and probably collect some cards. I’m sure Fat Sam will tell his players to kick Jack from the start to try to wind him up. I expect at least one side to pick up a red in this game.

Rasp,
    You know I agree with you on this. Santi, Jack and MA were/are all injuries/burn out waiting to happen, and guess what, its happening.
    A dominant midfield enforcer would have relieved so much pressure and allowed for rotation.
    Something I’ve got pretty bored of saying over the last year or so.

Agreed Micky, we don’t want to read tomorrow’s headlines saying ‘Diame was the difference between the two teams’

18. evonne says:

Thin bench !! ha ha ha, made my day

19. goonerjake says:

The pessimist in me:

First fifteen minutes jack and santi get constantly fouled with no red or yellow cards. Twenty mins brings our first challenge followed by a red card. One min before half time see west ham go one nil up. Second half siege with fat sam putting eleven men on the goal line with yousi having a stormer in net.

The optimist

Arsenal 7 Fat Sams claret thugs 0

20. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Rasp,
    If I worried like that, I’d never go to another game again.

Evonne
    Imagine how Chary feels seeing that bench. Homesick?

22. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

My brother is in Brighton and says it’s snowing. How is it in North London? Any chance the game will be called off?

23. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Haha, that bench wouldn’t be wide enough for the storage of multiple flagons of ale.

Look here Mallard,
    There is no obvious scale to that bench. The bastard is ten foot high, and there’s oodles of space for a quart of Thunderbird.

I understand where you’re coming from gonad, the trouble is I am burdoned with a mind that always wants to solve problems, and that means I can’t help analysing and predicting things in advance – not only football.

Unfortunately I am correct more often than is comfortable when I envisage an outcome I’d rather not see :(

To have a ‘must win game’ this early in the season and injuries accumulating across the midfield is far from ideal.

The odd thing is that when I go to games I never expect us to lose and at 1 nil down against the chavs I wasn’t too worried – but I can’t help looking back at our recent history and seeing a very clear pattern that doesn’t make me optimistic.

Is Frimpong in the squad for tonight?

27. evonne says:

Micky :) we missed your mischief
    Monster – snowing, but not staying, melting into horrible mash
    Not nice

Did any of you guys hear Wenger talking about fines collecting at Colney Hatch? He assigned the task to Per, because he is German and Germans are doing very well in current difficult economic climate :) Not word for word quotations, but that’s the jest of it. Wenger classic :)

Evonne
    Thing is, when I’m away I read the site, and can’t help but notice a dramatic increase in the quality of the football related chit chat.
    You know, tactics bollocks and whatnot.
    Best off and do some work.

29. evonne says:

Micky :) I wish we could pay you for blogging

30. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Thanks for the weather update, evonne.

There’s nothing for it but to come and witness the dissolving remnants of our crumbling midfield. I hope the sending off isn’t in the first ten minutes again. It just seems such a waste of time, energy and petrol.

31. Fear not Mdi89 @12.56 – I will be there for the Birmingham Villa game. Surely a game we will win ?

32. evonne says:

you sound worse than Rasp :) Come here after the game, I will cheer you up :)

33. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Rasp,
    So if you’re normally correct when you foresee an outcome you’d rather not see, why try to envisage problems in the first place? Seems straightforward to me.

34. evonne says:

‘Silver Linings’ is a new film with Robert Fab De Niro playing an obsessive football fan. Not a bad film and the footballing mentality is unmistakable, it could be me or Raddy with his lucky socks

35. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

there’s an offer you can’t refuse, chary.

36. evonne says:

:) :) you can, I am used to your rejections

37. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Apologies, evonne, my poor attempts at sarcasm aren’t to be taken literally.
    p.s. let’s hope the soothsayer has interpreted the goat’s entrails incorrectly.

38. I thought the delectable Evonne was talking to you AM’s LG; however I never turn away offers to cheer me up. :)

39. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Afternoon all,

Blue skies and a balmy -17c here in London, Ontario.

Raddy – 56 crosses oh dear we have trouble handing a few corners let alone 56 crosses. Sounds like Sam will make it a typically bruising affair – usually the type of game where we come off second best – let’s all “wish and hope” for a change in fortune.

Raddy your pre-games are always interesting to read and cause me to research your subjects – thank you for that.

“Koo-Koo-Sint” was an extraordinary character and became renowned as an incredible geographer. it fascinated me that he got fed up with his job at the Hudsons Bay Company so he left them and walked 80 miles in the snow to his new job – imagine anybody doing that today!

Where is Peaches. It can’t be work because there is little call for a gardener in this weather.

Holiday??

42. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

A man paid by a woman to entertain her is called a gigolo, and it can be expensive.

An elephant paid by a woman to entertain her is called a gigalump, and only costs a bunch of bananas.

A mallard paid by a woman to entertain her is called a gigaduck, and costs bugger all. Therefore ChasMallard is the cheapest! :D

Hi GN5, did you see I put your 3rd/4th spot predictor up yesterday in comments? I can do the same again today if you’d like

Raddy, let me assure you peaches is far from having a holiday …. but she’ll need a holiday soon if she’s to keep her sanity :(

GN5. A tropical Minus 3 here.

Ko koo sint was an interesting chap. He was born in Westminster. Probably a Fulham fan

Is it the house rebuild? That is enough to drive anyone to drink (not that it takes much to drive me there)

Yes I did notice Rasp but not until this morning in Canada.

If you want to post it again I’ve sent an up to date version to Arsenal Nuts.

The game is being shown here live at 2:45 pm, I’m going to record it and watch it with my son, over dinner, when he finishes work. Even though it’s -17c I plan on barbecuing some tenderloin steaks out on the kitchen deck.

I just hope the Gunners warm up to their task – I don’t want my steak ruined!!

Breaking news on Arsenal transfers.

……………………………………………………………………………..

Nothing to report.

50. ArsenalForever says:

Afternoon all!

Nice pre-match blog BR, my thoughts on tonight’s game are that if we get an early goal we should win. If we don’t, we could end up like the type of match we had a few years ago where we dominated and were thwarted repeatedly by an inspired Rob Green, desperate defending, poor finishing, cynical fouls not being punished, and truly awful refereeing. We eventually won 1-0 thanks to Song.

My main concern is our midfield, and I am not sure we look physically equipped to deal with West Ham if they decide to turn this into a war of attrition. I think people like Giroud will be really important when defending set pieces.

Anyone know what’s happened to Rosicky? Maybe I missed this somewhere, but I don’t actually recall what inury he’s carrying. He’s been out for a while now, but I don’t recall hearing news of any serious injury for him.

Good day all.

Micky – great to have you back – you bring an extra warm glow to the site.

Cybernation :D

BR
    Top Post, natch. Hopefully our control of the ball will reduce their opportunity to fire crosses in. Definitely a game for Giroud to start (he’s very good at the back when the oppo have set pieces). And how about Pingpong to take the DM position?

Gn5
    It was -21 in Toronto when I set off for work a couple of hours ago. Although it is now a positively balmy -19.

52. ArsenalForever says:

Oh, and as for our pre-match team talk, I would get this guy in the dressing room any day lol…

53. Hi all

Thin bench!!!!!! Love it ;)

So, who is going to be able to watch the game tonight and would be willing and able to write something for a post for tomorrow….???

54. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Hi
    Great report BR.
    I’VE been sent home from work due to snow in Swansea.
    Is the arsenal game still on tonight.

Not sure if swans v Chavs will be on as its snowing very heavily here now.

Rocky,

My daughter lives at Queen and Richmond and she uses the streetcar to get to work, she’s a brave soul. Minus 21 is the equivalent of minus 6 farenheit.

56. evonne says:

GN5 – I am sure we will get Diame in the end

Evonne – which end will we get?

58. evonne says:

the better one of course :)

Three old ladies are sitting in a diner, chatting about various things.
    One lady says, “You know, I’m getting really forgetful. This morning, I was standing at the top of the stairs, and I couldn’t remember whether I had just come up or was about to go down.”

The second lady says, “You think that’s bad? The other day, I was
    sitting on the edge of my bed, and I couldn’t remember whether I was going to bed or had just woken up!”

The third lady smiles smugly. “Well, my memory’s just as good as it’s
    always been, knock on wood.”

She raps the table.
    With a startled look on her face,she asks,
    “Who’s there?”

60. Bryan says:

Gonna be a cold one tonight but IF we turn up & give it a real go, we can win. Thats a very big IF though with this lot & I think we will have to be on our game defensively.
    I will take a good look at Diame tonight because I’m not really impressed, seems like more bargain basement shopping to me, I’m totally gutted we missed out on Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa.

A young man is jogging through a park when he sees an old man sitting on a bench sobbing. Concerned, he stops by the bench. “Is there anything I can do for you, sir?”
    “Oh,” sobs the old man, “everything’s wonderful. I just married a
    gorgeous twenty-year old who’ll do anything for me, and even my children love her. We have a beautiful house, a pool…”
    “So what’s the matter?” the puzzled young man asks.

“I can’t remember where I live!”

62. Red Arse says:

I read an article in a newspaper, allegedly, saying that the UK ‘owner’ of liveonlinefooty, and his mate were arrested, found guilty and are due to be sentenced next week for showing premiership games streamed live from a giant satellite dish in his garden, using an Albania decoder?

Anyone got an uptodate on that?

I said “allegedly” because the name was similar but it may have been livefootyonline, or a similar combination, but someone has definitely been caught naughtily streaming games for money.

63. Just remembered the PM title is some film title, a ganster or war movie ?

64. jnyc says:

Micky, Rasp, you know im with you on the burnout factor for our guys. —-
    And Raddy, thanks for the report, ive been screaming for a little playing time for jenks from before Sagna started playing badly. Maybe,if Bacary had some rest earlier, we wouldnt be seeing these terrible performances now. —
    and Rasp, its such a shame we didnt add a tough dm from the start of the window, it could have made a difference in outcome, and the physical condition of our squad this month.

65. Bryan says:

Red
    livefootyonline changed to bitscores.com but they lasted 5 mins on that & if you go on the site it says THIS WEBSITE HAS BEEN REMOVED FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT so I think theres a good chance that what you put is true lol

66. jnyc says:

And Gn5, thanks for the jokes :-)

67. Bryan says:

Was £6 for 2 months, bargain ;-) I’m gutted have to watch some crappy american site where they get everything wrong haha but they have got Warren Barton on the panel :-D

68. Shard says:

jnyc,

Unfortunately, tiredness might not be the only thing causing Sagna’s poor form.

69. Bryan says:

Yes thats what I’ve been thinking, I don’t think Sagna’s hearts in it anymore, think he wants out

Bryan;

Taking about American sites, I mentioned this on here sometime last year–

A few years back when English football first started to be shown in North America, one of the Fox Sports announcers was going through the upcoming game and he got to Everton vs WBA and he said “oh and Everton’s opponent” – “Will Be Advised”
    Real smart………..

71. slime says:

I expect a win tonight and I expect us to go on an unbeaten run in the league. All we need to do is turn the 2nd halves against Swansea, Man City and Chelsea into the full 90 minutes. Simples!

72. Bryan says:

GN5
    Haha yep that somes them up, I watched the Swansea v Arsenal FA cup away game on there as & after the game they were showing Mansfield v Liverpool & they gave Mansfield the Swansea badge, idiots as well as all the cack they say that is so wrong.
    Was funny watching it on there too because my mate from Oz phoned up & he was watching it, he was ahead of me by about 45 seconds, so I knew we scored before we had on my screen, that happened for both goals, was nice to know before hand :-D

73. Red Arse says:

I came across a brilliant TV comedy show called Mrs Brown – or some such, and it was unlike anything I have seen before.
    It has a wonderful Irish cast, and is worth a look!

One gag had Mrs Brown [a guy playing the lead part] saying she had given old ‘grandad’ some viagra tablets to stop him pee-ing on the floor.

They worked!

The problem was that he now peed on the ceiling!

74. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Try this site for watching football and other sports
    veetle.com/index.php/listing/index/sports
    Much love
    Sheep Hagger ™

75. Shard says:

Bryan,

Really? I hate it when that happens to me. Takes away the spontaneity of celebration. Which is one of the best feelings in my experience of watching football.

76. Bryan says:

slime
    not sure I would say 2nd half against Man City in that list, I mean they tried more but I think if City weren’t so wastful they could of scored a couple more, but anyway i’m just being picky ;-)

If that’s the way Sagna is feeling (assuming the transcript of the interview is accurate and truthful) then he should be ‘rested’. We can’t afford to have any players on the pitch that are not 100% committed.

The key ingredient to tonight is going to be desire. We have to want it the most and against Wham that is a tall order. No team can produce top class flowing football for 90 minutes, we need to be able to weather the storm. Much as we’d like to think we can outplay them in terms of skill, we will probably need to match them in workrate and physical presence to get the result

78. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

RA
    The show u r on about is called Mrs Browns boys.
    It’s gets shown on BBC tv .
    Mrs browns wife is his real wife

79. Bryan says:

Shard
    Yep I would normally agree with you but hey its been a tough season & I thought we may be going out the cup, so i was happy to know we’d scored

80. Bryan says:

Sheep
    I’m abit confused with your comment lol, Mrs brown is played by a guy so how can his wife be his real wife, if you get that :-D

81. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Correct the actress who plays his daughter is his wife

82. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Many of the main cast are played by O’Carroll’s real-life family. Cathy Brown is played by his wife,
    Hope that’s sorts it

83. Bryan says:

oh, now it makes sense haha

do you have to install the veetle tv crap to watch the football on veetle site as I just tested it & thats what came up

84. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I’m using an I pad I just click on a screen to watch don’t think I installed anything .

85. Bryan says:

It plays for a very short time then screen goe white with writing & says Install Veetle TV to watch this channel. I just don’t like installing stuff like that on my PC

86. Shard says:

Regarding Sagna. I found his comments strange, not to mention his recent performances. (Although some bloggers think he mostly has poor games when Theo doesn’t give him the necessary width and cover.) I have always felt he is one of the most committed players.

Which made me put up the Sagna quotes since I found them very disappointing. I should have known better. Apparently, this is what he really said.

87. Bryan says:

Does anyone know much about Celtics Victor Wanyama, can’t say I’ve seen him play but he looks like a tank, we could do with someone that menacing sitting in the middle of our midfield

88. Red Arse says:

Shard,

You are a rumour monger, and need the woodpecker treatment!!

89. Bryan says:

Just watched this , the ivory coast players being interviewed together, it is quite humourous, & it appears Eboue is a legend haha

90. Shard says:

Is the woodpecker treatment how you got your nom de plume Mr. Red Arse? :)

91. Red Arse says:

Don’t hold your breath, Bryan, I have it on very good authority [either my buddy's Manure supporting, 14 year old son, or maybe it was Kelsey] that with Fletcher having had an operation recently Manure want Wanyama — and you know AW won’t compete against them for players.

I am still furious with him for letting TalkSport ridicule him by playing the interview, that upset Palace’s manager Ian Holloway,where he said, in December, that we were interested in Zaha, of course, blah, blah.
    That was followed by an interview earlier in January where he then said, yes we were interested in Zaha but had not yet made any bid.

This was followed by the tape of the most recent interview, where he crossly said in answer to a question referring to Manure’s interest in Zaha, and was he [AW] still interested in him. To which he replied “Never, we have NEVER ever been interested in him — and if he is going to Man Utd – good luck to him!”

Slightly paraphrased but the gist is there.

I am sorry, Arsene, you really should have taken my advice and kept your mouth zipped — those tapes made you sound like a fibber!!

92. Red Arse says:

Shard my friend, I think you have not quite got who is doing what to the woodpecker, silly boy!

Woodpeckers do not have fingers!! :D

93. Shard says:

RA,
    But they do have peckers :D

94. Red Arse says:

You have me there Shard!!

I have to bow to your greater knowledge about the disposition of the woodpecker’s pecker!! :P

95. Shard says:

RA,

Long, slightly curved, and used to get into holes. If by pecker you mean beak of course :)

But this must be a first. RA bowing to anyone’s superior knowledge on any subject, let alone mine. Wow.

96. Red Arse says:

I have not been around much today, and neither has Goonerjake, I think, but I would just like to say, that some of the best and most positive comments made in recent days have come from him.

Thank you GJ and more power to your typing fingers!! :D

97. Red Arse says:

Alas, Shard, you do me a wrong!! :-(

I have frequently acknowledged my very limited cerebral matter, and my dearth of intellect in discussing important matters, but I do so, again, now.

It is undoubtedly true that I will pass thru’ this insignificant life of mine with never an original thought to my name, and a gross lack of any writing or explanatory skills, as is evidenced by my inability to convey this to you, before now.

Let the sands of time tickle your toes!! :P

98. Red Arse says:

There are many mystifying things in life, Shard, and two of them have caused me great angst, so perhaps you could assist me with these burning questions.

I will be around tomorrow to see what enlightenment you might have for me!! :P

(a) If a woodpecker could peck wood, how much wood could a woodpecker peck?

(b) If a gumboil could boil oil, how much oil could a gumboil boil?

These have kept me awake at night, and I still cannot formulate an answer!!

Ta ra.

RA. Thou dost protest too much :-)

No team news as yet?

100. Shard says:

Perhaps you are unaware RA, that Indian culture has very many ancient tomes, with deep mysteries of the universe conceptualised, pondered, and in some cases, answered. The two questions you pose are something which form virtually the basis of any child’s spiritual learning here, so there is no need to wait till tomorrow. The answers respectively are

a) There is no wood. Only what you make of it. A chair, a table, a house. A woodpecker, if it could indeed peck wood, could do whatever it dreamed of.

b) 57 gallons (approx – allowing for inefficiencies in ancient measures)

Now you can sleep at ease my friend. For this knowledge comes from Brahma, the creator of the universe, himself.

Shard :-D Excellent

102. Red Arse says:

I have just caught your very welcome response oh, Great Guru, for which many thanks! :-)

You have graciously proved the point about my lack of understanding of anything worthwhile, by explaining that even a child is capable of answering those exceedingly difficult questions that hitherto have defeated my best efforts at solving.

I cast myself at your feet in obeisance — clearly you have been toying with your humble servant!!

A demain! :D

103. Shard says:

***Om***

104. Anyone volunteered yet …… ?

Even if someone doesn’t want to write a full match report they could do some player ratings or just comment on a couple of incidents from the game ……………..

A Mississippi woodpecker and a Texas woodpecker were in Mississippi arguing about which state had the toughest trees to peck.
    The Mississippi woodpecker said that they had a tree that no woodpecker could peck.
    The Texas woodpecker challenged him and was able to peck a hole in the tree with no problem. The Mississippi woodpecker was in awe.
    The Texas woodpecker then challenged the Mississippi woodpecker to peck a tree in Texas that no woodpecker had been able to peck successfully. After flying to Texas, the Mississippi woodpecker was able to peck the Texas tree with no problem.
    The two woodpeckers were now confused. How is it that the Texas woodpecker was able to peck the Mississippi tree and the Mississippi woodpecker was able to peck the Texas tree when neither one was able to peck the tree in their own state?
    After thinking for some time they both came to the same conclusion…

Your pecker is always harder when you’re away from home.

106. The Sagna interview was well twisted. he says it’s difficult to leave and they change it to difficult to stay. wankers

107. Shard says:

gm,

What makes it worse is that the author is a certain Jamie Sanderson, who used to run the Young Guns blog, writing about Arsenal’s academy and reserve players. Which I presume meant he was an Arsenal fan.

108. Hi gm – I saw that Lady Arse has put everyone right. Bloody journos they just spin what they want don’t they :(

109. Has anyone found a stream showing the game? Wizigig doesn’t have it …………. unless they’re going to pop it on a bit later.

110. He may have read it after it was already changed. Or not :)

111. Sorry, streams will only appear 1 hour before the start of the match.

112. Shard says:

gm

His twitter feed makes mention of it too, with no retraction/clarification later. So, I vote for..Or not :)

113. Oh it’s already less than an hour

114. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Peaches, its on there, although you did say ‘wizigig’ when its actually wiziwig. Hope that helps :-)

115. rumours that Frimpong is starting and no Diame for wham

No Diame is interesting if true.

He’s in the boardroom signing things?

117. Thanks PPP – I have wiziwig bookmarked so that’s ok but are they showing the Arsenal game, I just had another look and it’s all overseas games :( :( :(

TEAM NEWS: Podolski and Ramsey return

Arsène Wenger has made two changes to his team for the visit of West Ham United.

Lukas Podolski is back after recovering from illness, while Aaron Ramsey also comes into the side.

Per Mertesacker partners Thomas Vermaelen at the heart of defence, with Olivier Giroud leading the line up front.

Elsewhere, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain is named among the substitutes.

Team in full: Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Walcott, Giroud.

Subs: Mannone, Jenkinson, Santos, Koscielny, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Frimpong, Arshavin.

119. slime says:

That Sagna interview has been well and truly twisted. I hate the media, they get more 2+2=5 than a dyslexic maths class. I remember when papers used to comment on the games and transfer rumours, now I have to read about Beckhams haircut, boardroom meetings, Balotelli going nuts and wage structures. There’s an obsession with getting the most hits or selling the most papers, so if there’s no news, then lets just make shit up! Absolute jokers. What’s even worse is that some people reading it actually believe it, then it gets used as fact to back up arguments.

Rant over.

COYG!

120. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Come on Arsenal .
    And secondly come on Swansea
    Much love
    Sheep

121. evonne says:

Rocky and GM – I told you (actually I told GN5 ) that Diamy will be signed very soon. Trust me.

evonne
    I trust every word that falls from your lips.
    Implicitly. :)

I most interested to see if the manager’s zip is working properly. Red Arse told me it was a secret message on tactics during the last home match which unfortunately didn’t work.

124. slime
    Fans twist them too to suit their agendas.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger makes two changes to the side that lost to Chelsea for tonight’s game. Aaron Ramsey and Lukas Podolski come in for Abou Diaby (illness) and Francis Coquelin while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has overcome illness to take his place among the substitutes

126. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Yes i just checked again Peaches. Scroll down in the football section and look out for the English flag.

127. Gooner In Exile says:

Just realised game is not on Sky tonight, relying on you lot for updates as I think I am without Sopcast :( unless its already on my laptop but I really need to catch up on work.

Top prematch as ever BR, it’s definitely a must win for CL chances.

128. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

its the 10th game down, after you click on Football rather than the main page. Hope you find it :-)

129. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

GiE, sopcast takes less than 2min to download at wiziwig.com, they may also have streams through flash..Your call

130. just for you evonne

131. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Enjoy the game Gooners and Goonerettes

COYRRG

Damn I’m excited.
    No Diame. Well I never thought we’d allow Chamakh to go there without some seriously attached strings.
    Ok. ROLF.

Love the Arsenal Gentleman team sheets :-)

134. evonne says:

Rocky :) :)

we are looking good, concentrating and serious

come on!!!

135. evonne says:

almost!! Good lad Theo

136. oz gunner says:

damn damn damn!

FFS, We started well but then that happens

138. Gooner in Exile says:

How many times do we have to concede to a once in a career worldy from an average player?

139. evonne says:

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh

140. goonerjake says:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

141. Adrian says:

What a beauty by Poldi!

142. oz gunner says:

what a strike!!!

143. Gooner in Exile says:

Welcome back Pod the God!

144. Gooner in Exile says:

So i’m about a minute behind on my stream :D

145. slime says:

So far Podolski has shown pace, power and a lethal finish, all the things we have been saying we need up top. Give him a chance.

Wow!! Der Hammer.

147. evonne says:

Polski Podolski :)
    7 goals and 6 assists, not bad for first season

148. Adrian says:

West ham’s keeper’s kit is terrible.

149. oz gunner says:

Agreed slim, he is a perfect fit for our striking position and would have provided the most seamless transition for the departed BSR

I love watching Cazorla. His balance and vision is wonderful

151. slime says:

As soon as Jack gets the ball, Theo and Pod should be looking to run in behind cos you know he’s going to burst past his man and look for a through ball. Need better and more intelligent movement.

152. slime says:

The marking on the edge of our own box for knockdowns etc is dreadful. It happened against Chelsea and again tonight. The defensive urgency just isn’t there. Awful

153. slime says:

Could be a big 5 minutes in our season this if we can get 1 before half time.

154. evonne says:

good game
    we always come back better in the second half

Very enjoyable half and with a touch of luck we would be ahead.

We have played some lovely football

156. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

well, did you all like my sooper strike?

dat iz nih normal :lol:

157. slime says:

Wow Pod, that Polish background has really messed up your accent! :)

Some great football from us. I only wish we would stop playing the high ball into Giroud. He’s actually very good with ball to feet.
    Would Ox left and Pod central releave us of the temptation?
    We will win this one :-)

159. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

add a bit of Aussie and its really messed up :lol:

The omens are good people, at least Wengers zipper is working

160. Adrian says:

What a beauty by Giroud! Great to see us keep up the pressure in the first half!

161. Adrian says:

Second*

162. slime says:

Great finish. Lets have another

Oh yes
    Low ball to Ollie……….. gooooal :-)

164. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Just what the doctor ordered, spank you very much!

165. Adrian says:

My my, we are indeed playing some lovely football today! Cazorla makes it 3!

Fan – bloody -tastic

167. oz gunner says:

great flick by giroud, he’s a gem at it

168. slime says:

The new boys are in town!!! 4-1!!!!

169. Adrian says:

AND THEO MAKES IT FOUR! This is the Arsenal we’ve been missing for so long! Absolutely breathtaking football!!

170. Gooner in Exile says:

Very nice couple of goals, love the last one with the link up between Giroud, Pod and Santi

171. evonne says:

I’ve had enough…too much excitement for me

172. Gooner in Exile says:

Ok i’m still behind, nice fourth! :D

173. slime says:

Think Podolski has become my new favourite player!!!!

174. oz gunner says:

Bayern? pfft! bring em on!!!

Can we play you every week …..

this is brilliant.

176. Gooner in Exile says:

So did Pod just need his winter break? Maybe that explains his and the BFGs recent illnesses?

177. oz gunner says:

hahahaha 5!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

178. Adrian says:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! 5-1!! Beautiful counter attack! Poldi, Giroud, Theo, Wilshere and Santi are absolutely on fire.

179. Gooner in Exile says:

Right I’ll give you 100-1 odds we won’t see “He who should be ignored” tomorrow :D

180. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

5 has been beer been spiked
    Oo laa laa

181. evonne says:

Lulu is awesome, best game yet

182. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

GIE ill have a £1 on we will son .

183. slime says:

Wilshire as the furthest midfielder, yes please!

184. Gooner in Exile says:

Cheer up Sam :D

185. evonne says:

GiE – he he he he, I was just thinking the same, but didn’t dare mentioning his name here

186. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Update.
    Sheep $haggers 0. Chavs 0
    Much love tonight
    Sheep

187. oz gunner says:

@ SH

if you said that whilst wearing a dress…no the beer is normal :)

188. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

U know it will plop in tomorrow
    Sheep

189. Gooner in Exile says:

Edited it for you Evonne :D

190. Adrian says:

Who would’ve imagined during half time that we’d scored four amazing goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half? Been missing this Arsenal for far too long.

191. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

I’m in a fleece not a dress what u on about

192. evonne says:

oy yo yoy!! this is all hillarious…thank you GiE

193. Adrian says:

Absolutely love this Arsenal, ruthless in front of goal and playing at a high tempo while closing down players tiredlessly.

What has happened to Theo? He has turned into a quality striker, he even shows tactical awareness and some vision.

Extend his contract.

195. evonne says:

Polish commentator has just said: ‘The Gunners demonstrated character tonight; everybody knows that they have talent to beat any team’

196. Adrian says:

Podolski strong contender for MOTM.

197. slime says:

I’m loving the fit (not sexually) Kieron Gibbs. He’s a machine on the left.

198. Adrian says:

Theo looking VERY dangerous everytime he has the ball too, loves taking on the west ham defenders and leaving them in his dust.

199. evonne says:

Yes Raddy, I am so glad GM didn’t want Theo’s picture

200. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

the 3 man weave is back :-D

201. slime says:

These counter attacks are lethal!

Good to see Sagna back to normal after his recent awfulness. I pray we carry this over into the next few games.

202. Adrian says:

Would like it if we gave Cazorla a rest by taking him off now.

Pod …. wunderbar heute abend

204. Adrian says:

This looks worrying, a west ham player is down.

205. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

How’s mr slow playing

206. dandan says:

What joy a happy blog tomorrow. But just what is AW putting in the half time tea “I WANT SOME” :-)

207. oz gunner says:

agreed slim, gibbs feels like we play with another winger yet does the job defensively. fingers crossed he stays on the pitch for a long long run!!!

208. hazzard just kicked a ballboy. wanker

209. red card for kicking a ballboy what an arsehole

210. Adrian says:

WOW HAZARD JUST KICKED A BALL BOY and was given a red card. Absolutely crazy.

211. dandan says:

The ball boy gets Hazzard sent off, LOL wonderful ref having a great week

212. goonerjake says:

Can you hear the spectrum moan?
    I cant hear a ******* thing

213. evonne says:

red card for Hazzard, good

Is it Podd’s neck? Poor lad

214. Adrian says:

Ballboy prolly won Swansea a final.

On a side note, thered better be at least 10 mins of extra time.

215. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Swans v Chelski 0-0 80min

so that is – out of Europe, out of Carling cup?, almost out of contention for EPL, and a wage and transfer bill that could feed the third world for years to come. #just saying

216. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Swans 0 Chavez 0 5mins left

217. slime says:

Did anyone see how Vermaelen got injured? Did it look bad?

218. oz gunner says:

haha the ball boy made a meal of it too, good to see acting isn’t just limited to players on the pitch. stupid stupid boy hazard!

219. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Swansea game injury time 6 mins ffs.
    Still 0-0 Torres is on desperation for Chavs

220. oz gunner says:

@ Slim

during the Ramsey clearance in the first half. They didn’t show the replay on my end but it looked like he rolled across his ankle when verm went to clear it also. hope it was just precautionary.

221. Gooner in Exile says:

Sheep if you mean Ramsey (Mr Slow) i think he has had quite a good game.

How did West Ham player get injured? My stream froze

222. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

No mr slow is Mertsacker as about as fast as a telly tubby in the 100m

223. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Me made a meal of it the welsh ball boy I don’t blame him

224. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Min left

225. slime says:

That is hilarious! Funniest part is when he looks up as if to say ‘come on ref’!

226. oz gunner says:

@ slim

I thought the same. kids watched plenty of football and knows how to get a player carded haha. ‘Surely a red ref. that kick was deadly’ only thing missing was waving an imaginary card!

I think Ramsey has had a fine game tonight

228. oz gunner says:

damn youtube. here’s another

229. oz gunner says:

agreed BR, i think everyone played really well!

cheers for the top pre-match as always. love the slim bench!!

230. Gooner in Exile says:

O ok BFG has done well too

Good solid win, would 12 minutes make a massive difference to people getting home? Hate to see so many empty seats at full time on a good win like that

231. slime says:

A 70 minute performance, getting better. Ironic that it only took 10 to win the game then!

A happy Gooner retires from the crease

Night All

233. Come on you lot …………… someone must want to write about that ……….

234. slime says:

What’s also ironic is that the over-acting and rolling about of modern footballers has ended up getting one of them sent off by a kid who’s learnt it off the TV! And people say TV doesn’t influence people’s behaviour….! :)

235. I really enjoyed that. hazard deliberately kicked a young kid. Whether or not he made a meal of it that’s disgusting. Dirty little pikey

Unbelievable performance, the goals were great but for me the best aspect was the work rate. For once we defended like barca, we ‘swarmed’ all over the pitch and regained possession high up in their half. Theo my motm

237. tomstoned says:

great game….:)lets hope this could be the turnaround…interesting fact ..we had a 100%tackle success !!! have the lads been reading this blog ?? ;
    c’mon you Gunner’s…..

Every player had a good game, Gibbs was immense and nice to see pod regain his hero status. We can believe that theo really did want to play for us, if anything he’s improved after his new contract. I hope he now realised that playing wide right is perfect for him

239. Gooner In Exile says:
  240. slime says:

Podolski for me Rasp. He looked dangerous tonight and unlike Theo, he had the end product.

241. Did you see Theo’s celebration Rasp? I didn’t notice but him and Podolski were pretending to sign a contract

Yes I agree pod had a great game, assists as well as goals, but theo also made fantastic runs all night and helped the defence more than usual. I don’t care which, give them all motm :)

243. Podolski for me too. There are 1 hour highlights on sky sports 1 apparently

244. Gooner In Exile says:

Anyone else think those two leg breaks have cost Sagna a yard of pace? There were a couple of instances where he would have got balls in the past but not now….he used to amaze me the amount of passes I thought were going into touch that somehow he managed to get to. I wouldn’t renew his contract but i wouldn’t sell him either, let him see out the remainder and Jenkinson another year of under studying and we can give him a good send off.

245. tomstoned says:

Rasp…difficult to choose Motm…but look at Wilshere he was instrumental..third on most goals..and opened up the hammers with ease and perfection…better than cesc..very very soon and already with a bigger fight in him than cesc ever had….but agree on Gibbs ..he looked immense….the pod…great …and giroud..starting to find his feet…Theo agree…great great game…hard to choose really

Sadly I think you may be right gie, Sagna had been getting skinned on the outside all season, but I thought he did well this evening

Ok, it seems unfair to single out any player so let’s make it totm :)

248. tomstoned says:

Sagna…just a dip of form..better today..and given a new contract..ease his mind..he’ll be back as good if not better than before ;

One thing is for sure, I can’t claim that the team was less than the sum of its parts this evening, Bayern are different class to wham, but I’d love to see us play like that against them

250. slime says:

Wham were shit Rasp, espescially that George Michael! ;)

Totm sounds good to me.

251. Someone must want to write something about that game for a post tomorrow ……………………………

The movement was terrific, yet these same players have looked lost at times recently, what particularly impressed me was the fight we showed, they just need to keep it up now and no one will fancy playing us

253. tomstoned says:

well off…just had to show my face when we win..;)hehe..
    Rasp…what we did see was our potential..from now on maybe its just a matter of showing that desire …Our Team and Gooners alike…the start of second half was better than Brazil in 86….maybe the best team the world has ever seen…
    and the pod..to me the new boninsegna,Bfg..the new Socrates of defence ;..ill stop rambling and go to bed…;)have a superb evening Gooners

254. Let’s hope we’ve turned a corner Rasp. It was a great performance

255. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Our first win of 2013. It has taken a little while, but boy was it worth it

256. Gooner in Exile says:

Watching the highlights, when it was 3-1 Fat Sam was being drawn pictures by his assistants, then they look up as we burst through to make it 4. Haha, thats why no big club has asked you to manage them.

257. Gooner in Exile says:

Erm Swanse FA Cup?

258. Gooner in Exile says:

Either everyone is writing match reports, or you are all in shock!

259. goonerjake says:

Sorry Peche,

Did not see the game, was listening on arsenal player, cant stand streaming of the game with the delay and all that ‘buffering’ nonsence.

But it sounded like a great game.

Anyway night all, i will sleep well…. for a change.

Peaches
    I can do a very quick one with ratings.

261. Gooner in Exile says:

Jake download Sopcast and then you can stream much more reliably at a very good speed.

262. Manthan says:

Gm,
    Signed the ting is awsome <3 <3

263. Bayonne Jean says:

Question: does Hazard get a three match ban for the kick on the ball boy? Or just one, as it was not (strictly speaking) a dangerous/ malicious kick on an opponent?

Or maybe longer, the twat……

Did the ballboy merit a yellow as well?

264. Manthan says:

Bj,
    Ballboy has already tweeted before the match that he is gonna waste time and hazard paid price for tat…:P

265. Gooner In Exile says:

Bayonne. Remember Cantona 9 month ban for his king fu kick at a fan? How serious is kicking a ball boy. Ok it was pre meditated by the ball boy, but Hazard needs to be disciplined, needs to just show the ref and linesman what ballboy is doing. Then let ref take action.

Morning All

The ballboy deserved a good kicking. Idiot.

I agree that it should be the ToTM, The midfield worked quickly and efficiently with Ramsey showing how well he is developing in the shadow of JW. The movement of the ball was much faster than in recent games which allowed our forwards more space.

But where does Ox fit into this team? I cannot see where he can play, and to have him as a bench player is such a waste.

GIE. Where can I find what channel on Sopcast Arsenal is on?

Hope Mrs GIE and GIE jnr as recovered from their hospital treatment.

268. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

BR, wiziwig.

269. oz gunner says:

Morning all

Whilst taking in the comments about Frimpong’s disciplinary record yesterday and the bad wrap he is given, I decided to look in to it a little deeper. It turns out this ‘red card waiting to happen’ is rather a saint given the job he is asked to do on the field.

Frimpong: 22 starts, 5 sub, 3 yellows, 1 red
    card every 6.75 appearances

Song: 240 starts, 54 sub, 60 yellows, 1 red
    card every 4.82 appearances

So besides a momentary brain fade against Liverpool he is relatively well mannered on the pitch. Pretty good given his age also.

@ BR

Perhaps as an option to rest Walcott or as AM to give Santi a breather. Who knows though, with our injury record it’s normally a conundrum that’s very short lived!

270. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

When Dermot Gallagher was interviewed on SSN, he said there was a precedent for the Hazard incident. I thought he was going to talk about Cantona, but no it was Jamie Carragher getting sent off at Highbury for throwing a coin back into the crowd.

I suppose Cantona had already been sent off when he launched himself over the barrier. Benitez was quick to say that we all need to move on from it as quickly as possible. He’s downplaying it, fearful of a lengthier ban.

The replays clearly show the ball emerging the other side from Hazard’s foot. I doubt the ball boy was even touched.

271. Gooner In Exile says:

BR Mrs Exile and son are home safe and Mrs Exile is improving every day.

As for Sopcast, go here http://www.wiziwig.tv/competition.php?part=sports&discipline=football then use Competition filter to show English Premier League (only available if there are games on). Then there will be whatever game Arsenal are in listed, click on that and there will be a number of flash, SOPcast or AceStream streams to play. If you have downloaded Sopcast for mac, when you click on a Sopcast stream it’ll just fire it up.

Just seen the Hazard thing.
    The ballboy deserved a much harder boot than that. Reminds me of the Cantona kung fu thing. Hazard take note!

273. oz gunner says:

I think Hazard should be given a big fine and at least a 5 match ban. Yes the ball boy was being an idiot but he’s a kid! Hazard shouldn’t be able to go around kicking a kid like that, especially the smirk he had on his face afterwards, that was disgraceful.
    I thought the kids play acting was brilliant. Hazard dives all the time, good to see he was on the receiving end of it. I just want the Swansea medical team to come back with a bogus report saying he has 5 broken ribs and a punctured lung. Not to mention the emotional trauma. Take him for millions I say.

Chuck some community service in there also!!!

274. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Oz,
    Do those stats suggest Song got sent off once every 5 games? That can’t be right. Apologies if I’m being stupid. :)

Sorry Mallard
    Hadn’t seen your Cantona reference.
    What a night for you, Peasches, LB and other regulars.
    Always makes me smile when we’ve been on a bad run and I see the empty seats that people have paid for and then a performance like that comes along to reward the faithful.

276. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Ah, I see now, I was being stupid.
    It’s a card of any shade every five games. Doh!

Mallard. Not enough coffee?

278. oz gunner says:

@ Gonad

good you can be a ball-ache at times! uh uh uh??? :)

haha nah that’s a card of any colour, but he’s only been sent off once.

Oz
    There are many “kids” in this country who deserve a good kicking :-)

280. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

Micky,
    Peaches was looking for a stream at 7.30pm if you look back. Not sure why she wasn’t there. Too busy I suppose.

I had a great night. Well worth the trip.

281. oz gunner says:

* god

282. arthur mallard's left gonad says:

A ball-ache?

Anyway, I don’t hve long today, so Morning All. Great Mrs E back and recovering, and hope the Potts lad is ok.
    What a magnificent performance. For me the most surprisingly convincing performance was from Ramsey. Credit it where its due and all that.
    I also wondered how Theo would react post “signing” and its great to see how serious and commited he was.

I think there is not enough kid kicking. They are much better trained in France where the booting of underage citizens is actively encouraged.

It creates a feeling of well being in the kicker and a degree of chagrin in the kicked.

Though in this case I expect Benitez told his players to do something outrageous in order to camouflage the awfulnees of their performance and defeat.

285. Gooner In Exile says:

So we are now on exactly the same points as this time last year, but with a GD of +19 against last seasons +6. Even if you added back on 5 to last seasons to remove the anomaly of ManUre away (but to still lose) we are still 8 goals better off.

Yet apparently out defence is shite and attack is toothless!?

I think we can agree we are not a one man team anymore.

286. oz gunner says:

Ball-ache:
    -Like pain in the ass. Refers to a laborious task.
    “gota wax my snowboard it’s a right ball ache”

More or less me being incredibly unfunny in reference to the gonad name. shall i leave?? :)

287. oz gunner says:

I agree Micky, there are a lot of kids today worth of a good kick in the backside. I would have accepted it if he asked to borrow Kelsey’s belt (used to hold up his britches) so he could tan his hide. Teaching him a thing or two in manners!!!

288. arthur mallard says:

Ah, I see.
    Apologies again, I forgot which blog name I was commenting under.
    I don’t drink coffee, perhaps I should, :)

289. arthur mallard says:

GIE,
    If we’re on the same points as last year and the gap to the spuds is less than it was at the same point, then they must be worse off.
    I’ll never understand that swingometer. :)

290. Gooner In Exile says:

Chas I was not referring to the swingometer as it is not a source of salvation, whereas the chronological comparison is better.

The problem with my swing is that we achieved 52 points from the games we have played so far this season, and only 37 this season. We have the worst games and some of the worst results to come.

Raddy :-)

Long day ahead, so enjoy the basking.

Me too. More exams….

Happy Days

Morning all

Well we don’t get I player over here and I won’t use any streams as they have all ben bugged over here so all I got was goal flashes during the Swansea game.
    Just seen the goals and what a screamer by Podolski. Why don’t we do that more often ?
    Now all we have to do is keep this uplift in confidence going..

295. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

Morning
    Hazzad should be charged with assault on a minor.
    The bully,
    Good win Arsenal just seen the goals on SSN .
    Off to work in da Snow see u all later

🙈

Morning all, still buzzing from the qualty of that performance. The more I think about, I see Ramsey’s performance as the most pleasing, he should never be played out wide again, it would destroy his confidence in the same way Eboue suffered.

I take it everyone is tongue in cheek in their condemnation of the ballboy. No defence for Hazard, he shoud receive a lengthy ban …… or maybe its ok for strikers to go and kick goalkeeperes when they’re time wasting?

297. Apparently the ball boy is 17. Hardly a kid then. Still I hope hazard gets a 12 match ban

298. Sheep Hagger ™ says:

In the local paper this article

Police say Chelsea midfielder Eden Hazard will not face criminal action after a ball boy was kicked during Swansea City’s Capital One Cup semi-final at the Liberty Stadium.

Officers spoke to the 17-year-old boy, who did not suffer any injuries, after the game and no complaint was made.

299. evonne says:

GM – come on, Hazard kicked the ball under time wasting teenager as opposed to kicking a kid :)

Great, great game. And THIS is honest to Dennis truth – after our second goal, when my screaming stopped him upstairs asked me about the score. HONESTLY, I am not fibbing I answered ’5:1′ . By the time he descended from above the score was indeed 5:1 !!! Amazing

300. Red Arse says:

Evonne, have you got a squirrel in the loft?

…………New Post …………………….