Theo Central And C1 Cup Special.

Priorities. Will winning the Capital One Cup remove the monkey of the 7 barren years tag? Well, will it?  You know the answer to that, after all who won it last year?

What this cup has become is a chance for us to see how the less well known Arsenal players are developing and give a run-out to the bench warmers, some of whom will be looking to impress prior to a January move. Who we see this evening is pure guesswork but surely JD will get deserved pitch time. Then there is poor Meerkat – how the mighty fall – just a couple of years ago Arshavin was Captain of Russia, and one of the most in-demand players in Europe, now he is not even part of the Russian squad nor a starter for Arsenal. The proposed sale to his home club of Zenith didn’t materialise and he is sadly in limbo, a lovely man, I hope he finds a club where he can reproduce his mercurial talents. A couple of goals tonight would be a good advert.

Goalkeeper is likely to be Shea, but who knows, it could be Don Vito. We should see the developing talents of Yennaris and hopefully Eisfeld, of whom much is expected.

Miquel is a sure starter and from what we have seen looks a very talented player, I hope we can keep him but with such quality ahead of him will he remain patient?

Now we come to a  big issue. In a BBC interview Theo stated that a condition of his signing a contract was the realisation of his desire to play centrally (at least that is my reading of his statement). My first thoughts were – you must be joking! Firstly, no-one can or will dictate to Mr Wenger, and secondly, when playing centrally Theo has hardly been threatening. It says much that despite a dearth of strikers consecutive England managers play Walcott on the wing, neither Capello nor Hodgson have given him the main striker role and yet, the man himself believes this is his future position. Based upon what? A belief that he is Thierry Henry re-incarnate?

That said, why not give him a try? Perhaps he can become the lethal finisher Theo obviously believes he is, but with Giroud and Chamakh (and now Gervinho) ahead of him it is unlikely he will be given the chance. The trouble is that 20 minute cameo’s will not be enough to persuade Walcott to sign a contract at a club he obviously loves. Time will tell if he has a place at Arsenal.

So who plays upfront tonight? If fit, it has to be Chamakh. The big man needs pitch time in order for Arsenal to persuade some mug club to buy the big schlump, because at the moment even Peaches’ Mum has more chance of a first team start. If he isn’t available Giroud will get more pitch time. Or could we see both Chamakh and Giroud start with Cham on the left and Theo right?

My Team:

Whatever team lines up I expect to see some substitutions. Eastmond has done well in his few cameo appearances, Gnabry has been singled out for praise by AW, Bellerin is making huge strides in the reserves and youth teams and at just 17 looks a future first teamer (if he can dislodge The Corporal).

Another Big Day for Nico Yennaris. A proper Gooner.

As to Coventry, it seems a lifetime ago since the Sky Blues came to Highbury on the opening day of the season and beat us 3-0 (just the 19 years, Raddy).   It has been a sad decline for this once fine club, languishing 23rd in League One and relegated last season. Mark Robins has much to do to improve their plight.

The Emirates is sold out tonight. What a testament to the policy of playing second string and the attendant fun. 60+ thousand. Compare that to the 28k the Northern Oilers got last night for PL opposition or the 32k at the Bridge.

Whether we win the Capital One Cup or not is hardly relevant, what is relevant is that Arsenal fans come out in vast numbers to support AW’s much criticised (by the media) approach to it.

A win for the Arsenal, an outing for the 2nd team and a full house. What is there not to like?

Written by Big Raddy

318 Responses to Theo Central And C1 Cup Special.

Super pre-match, BR.

What’s not to like? No effin stream. :)

Perhaps we could have a GM match report as at least he’ll see the game?

I’d heard that Peaches’ Mum is very good in the air.

2. Hi chas – I was just going to ask who was going to the game and now you’ve volunteered gm :)

I’ll start nagging him straight away ………..

3. I’m really peeved not to be going tonight :(

Does Theo really think that he’ll magically turn into Thierry if he’s played centrally?

4. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all, a good read Raddy and I agree regarding the importance of this cup. It’s purely for the out of favour and development players to get game time in (thanks to the £10 a ticket policy) will play in front of a full crowd, that has to be useful for our youngsters.

Hopefully we will get to see a bit of game time from Theo up front, it should put to bed the argument once and for all, I know others will say he should be given time in a bew position but for me his movement and positioning tonight will show whether he could play there.

Chas. That line of thought could go horribly wrong.

BTW we still have teletext in Dk. And The third series of The Killing started on Sunday, very good.

GIE. Do you think Theo was given the nod by AW prior to making his BBC statement?

7. Excellent pre match Big & Dandy and sets the mood for tonight perfectly although for some reason your post has conjured up images of Bellerin being the reserve/youth teams tailor and kitting them all out in heroically enormous trousers.

8. Fine pre match as usual Raddy. Theo is off I think. I can’t see who’ll buy him and play him centrally though.

Which line of thought, BR?

Peaches,
    I imagine magic features quite a bit in Theo’s life.

” When I was younger my nickname was TJ. Like the character in my books, I didn’t begin playing football seriously until I was ten years old. Just seven years later I was called up for the England squad for the World Cup in Germany!”

10. Adrian says:

I heard that the match will not be televised live, is that true?

Looks like it, Adrian.

12. My ticket is £10 tonight. apparently the tickets for barcode fans at old shithole tonight are £45

By the way, I wasn’t volunteering you GM (before you curse me, that is), it was just that you were the only one I could remember who was going and therefore the only one who’ll see the game before tomorrow on Arsenal player.

Phew, I think I got out of that one ok. :)

14. Is that picture a pisstake chas?

15. I doubt I could do a match report. I can just about fill in a visa form

16. VCC says:

BR. I love that line up. Its a shame Miyaichi is out on loan, I think he would star tonight.

I am desperate for two tickets, does any one know of any spares?

If I can, you can GM.
    Just a couple of lines and a few photos from your phone?

18. VCC says:

BR…sorry, back to read your post.

Just realised that was on Tuesday. Sorry

20. My phone is a cheap one. The camera is a bit pants

Monday even

Never mind GM. No more nagging from me. Soz

23. oz gunner says:

great pre-match Big Randy, I love cup matches, and seeing the younger/fringe players given a chance to prove themselves.

You are right to suggest Giroud. What better way to lift his confidence them by leaving him to lead the line against minnows.

It is amazing BR, I hate not seeing FA Cup matches because it’s on a junk channel that costs and extra $10 a month. Now they take C1 matches away from me! It’s blasphemy.

Back in the day I was content with vhs tapes sent over from England, 5 minute highlights, or rare game of the week showings. Thank you technology!!!!

@ GM

I think he’s off too, this isn’t bewitched, you can’t just nod your head and asked to be played in another position when you haven’t showed enough consistency out on the right. Obviously over the years he’s had a crack at the striker position in training, or intra-cup friendlies. He just hasn’t showed enough to be tried there in proper matches.

24. VCC says:

Great post BR……your closing comment…..I will tell you what there is not to like my fellow Gooner. I cant get a ticket and its nowhere to be seen on live. Boo Hoo.

25. Dear Mr gm

Any chance of you doing a bit of a match report for tomorrow?

26. VCC says:

Hi Chas…. thanks for the twitter link. I dont do twitter, at my age Im lucky to be able to press a few buttons on a qwerty keyboard!!!!!!

I thought this was really funny.
    It does contain a banned word though.
    If it comes up with that word showing then please delete the comment.

……or delete the comment if it’s not appropriate on the site.

29. Just seen your comment GM, don’t worry, it’s hard to write a match report from an evening game so it was only wishful thinking on my part.

Thanks Raddy – a sell out for the C1cup with all attending knowing it will be a mix of youth and out of favour, is fantastic. Our home supporters are often criticised for a lack of passion, but how can anyone criticise the 60,000 who are going tonight knowing they will not see established stars – it says a lot about how our supporters buy into the ‘bringing youth through’ approach and are happy to pay to see a glimpse of the future.

We can take this competition lightly at this stage, but if we reach the semi final, we have to go all out to win it or it will just be another negative to throw at us by the media.

Raddy’s post today will bring us our 2.5 millionth hit

Chas – is that Mrs Bacari?

Respect to BS ;)

35. VCC says:

behave yourself Chas….your supposed to be looking at football pics, not pics of married women……Hot though aint she…

Looks like Arsenal to me, VCC. :)

Back to the action.

38. The atmosphere is always good at CC games

39. oz gunner says:

GM’s match reports should be preserved for teams like Man United.

I think I would enjoy a big hate fueled rant about BSR. It truly would be a CUTTING post!

I’d enjoy a section from GM entitled 1 of the following:
    The Cutting edge
    Cut it Out
    The Hairy Situation with GM
    GM’s Snip
    Arsenal…A cut above
    Curl up and Dye!
    Hair me out
    GM’s Hair Raiser

40. glic says:

Cor, Mrs LaSagna is a bit tasty.
    I was hoping to get her to join me on the AA version of Celebrity Love Island, but due to cut backs, it will be just me and a mirror. I will entertain you though, I will attempt to do the Ox`s keepy uppy whilst chasing myself around the bedroom. !.

41. oz
    There are probably a dozen salons called curl up and dye :)

42. glic says:

Super post Raddy

True Oz, gm would be Head and Shoulders above the rest.

That video is well worth watching in full screen.
    The replays of the goals with no commentary and the North Bank in the background are superb.

44. oz gunner says:

@ GLIC

a life size cardboard cutout of yourself would be the better option.

1) it doesn’t fog up if you get to close/intimate with it
    2) it doesn’t have that coldness that glass has
    3) it won’t upset you on an ugly day
    4) it’ll always be there for you, even around corners.

@ GM

I think it’s a clear name, my favourite would be ‘GM’s snip’
    That way it’s just a brilliant one-liner that comes out of nowhere

45. glic says:

Oz
    With such attention to detail there, one thinks you are as experienced in these matters as me , but even more impressive is your ability to do it upside down !. :lol:

46. Funnily enough I’ve had the snip oz

Fergie feels the full force of GM’s hairdryer

48. glic says:

Impressive gm, did you use your 7″ Matsuzaki`s and are you currently combing the area to find it ?.

49. It was one of my worst experiences chas.

51. evonne says:

Chas – how to reply to that twit? Could you reply for me and get the tickets, please?

52. Evonne, what you need to do is to “Direct message” this chap assuming you have a twitter account, and then sort out the details of pick up/payment etc…

Big, big mistake.
    I read the Raddy, and now I can only think about tonights’ game (and Mrs Bac3).
    For the second time today, I thunk, and I don’t reckon OG should start. I think it sends him a message that he needs practice or a goal, and I don’t believe he needs either. In my mind, he is a first teamer and he’s there on merit.
    I would also rest Ox, and play Gnarby and The Icefield.

54. So Martinez is getting charged by the FA for pointing out the pro ManUre “Let’s all toady up to Fergiescum” bias by referees.

More and more teams are fed up playing against 12 men when they travel to Old Toilet.

55. oz gunner says:

Evonne…you thief!

@ GLIC

as you say, it’s not easy! I had to adopt a new approach as the mirror trick resulted in me being terrified and hiding under the doona. Now I just run around a paddock with my eyes closed, that way when I catch myself the long grass creates the perfect cover!

56. oz gunner says:

That’s ridiculous Chary, yet if he has a go about refs they find themselves suspended or going back to the lower division! The sooner he retires the better

57. VCC says:

Chary…..The bias towards ManUre has been going on for years. The FA must be blind not to see some of the blatant decisions that go their way.

It p—– me off big time.

Never been to Old Toilet…never will. I hate the scum more than 5PUR2

58. evonne says:

oz – why am I a thief? If I got 2 tickets I would go with either VCC or Peaches

I don’t have twitter account, I am the old school, feel more comfortable with hex than with twits

59. VCC says:

evonne….hope you get some tickets…..I would go with you anywhere…..thats if Chas would let me. rolf.

60. VCC/Oz – the dark laird of Govan is reaping the benefits of years of intimidation and bullying of officials so that a bad word from Fergiescum gets the ref demoted.

I hate that man with a white hot burning….hatred…of sheer….hate !!

I’ve always hated Old toilet and everything it stands for but he is one of it’s worst features.

61. there is live commentary on Arsenal player tonight

62. evonne says:

VCC :) you might live to regret it :)

GM – thanks, I’ll swap you, take your tickets and you can listen to the live commentary on the Arsenal player

63. oz gunner says:

@ VCC 11.39

haha well said

@ Evonne

Just mucking around with you, because as an outsider it could have looked like you were pinching an opportunity from VCC, but as we know your hearts to big for that.

64. evonne says:

Oz – nope, nothing to do with the size of my heart. I only need 1 ticket for moi :)

Typical pre-match from BR full of positivity and interesting thoughts.

Here are some interesting PL stats after the 1st five games.

…………………………………………………………………………………

Arsenal
    * Olivier Giroud has the worst pass completion rate of any outfield player in the Premier League this season at a woeful 46.9%. Only 30 of his 64 passes have reached an Arsenal teammate.
    * Mikel Arteta has the best pass completion rate of any first-choice player in the Premier League this season with 93.4%.
    * Goalscorer Laurent Koscielny made two ‘last man saving tackles’ v Manchester City on Sunday – as many as any other PL player has made all season.

Aston Villa
    * Aston Villa have won one of their last 15 Premier League games.
    * Darren Bent was the only Villa player to have a shot on target v Southampton on Saturday.
    * …but Bent completed ony five passes in 90 minutes.

Chelsea
    * Chelsea attempted 28 crosses v Stoke on Saturday but only two reached a teammate.
    * Juan Mata created five chances v Stoke and was rewarded with his first assist of the season.
    * Only Jonás Gutiérrez (16) has been fouled more times than Eden Hazard (15) in the PL this season.

Everton
    * Leighton Baines has created more chances for teammates (24) than any other PL player this season. He attempted a massive 13 crosses (six accurate) v Swansea.
    * Everton have had more shots this season (102) than any other team. They had 31 v Swansea.
    * The last time Victor Anichebe scored in a PL game he started was in March 2010.

Fulham
    * Fulham have drawn only one of their last 20 PL games.
    * Fulham have only had one better PL start in 12 seasons – in 2002/03 when they had ten points after five games and were in fith.
    * Bryan Ruiz has assisted three of the Cottagers’ 12 goals this season despite starting only two PL games.

Liverpool
    * Luis Suarez has scored twice from 30 shots in the PL this season. Jermain Defoe is the only player to have taken more shots (31, four goals).
    * Liverpool substitutes Suso, Jordan Henderson and Jamie Carragher all recorded 100% pass completion rates v Manchester United.
    * Joe Allen has played just two ‘key passes’ in five PL games for Liverpool while Steven Gerrard has created 13 chances for teammates.

Manchester City
    * Man City have conceded seven goals from 14 shots on target from the opposition in their first five games.
    * Man City made an astonishing 38 tackles v Arsenal on Sunday with Pablo Zabaleta (8) leading the charge.
    * City were credited with only 41% possession v Arsenal. Yaya Toure touched the ball 78 times to Mikel Arteta’s 119.

Manchester United
    * Michael Carrick is the only Man United player to have started all five PL games this season.
    * Nani completed just 11 passes and no crosses in 45 minutes v Liverpool on Sunday.
    * Only three of United’s starting XI v Liverpool (Antonio Valencia, Nani and Patrice Evra) had been credited with an assist this season. Shinji Kagawa joined them with his chest-down for Rafael’s goal.

* Newcastle United
    * Demba Ba has scored 20 goals in 39 PL games for Newcastle.
    * Papiss Cisse has taken 12 shots this season without scoring a single goal.
    * Hatem Ben Arfa has completed more dribbles than any other PL player this season (20).

Norwich City
    * Norwich have scored the lowest number of goals in the PL this season (2).
    * Jonny Howson picked up their first yellow card of the season in the 88th minute v Newcastle.
    * John Ruddy has by far the worst distribution of any PL keeper – only 34.9% of his passes have reached a teammate this season.

QPR
    * QPR had seven points after five games under Neil Warnock at the start of last season. This season they have two points.
    * Bobby Zamora is the only QPR player to score this season – with three of his seven shots.
    * Jamie Mackie came off the bench v Spurs in the 77th minute and touched the ball once.

Reading
    * Reading have recorded only nine shots on target in four PL games.
    * Garath McCleary has found a teammate with just two of 23 crosses this season.
    * Chris Gunter is the only outfield player who has failed to take a shot for Reading this season.

Southampton
    * Rickie Lambert has scored four goals from just 11 shots in the Premier League.
    * Morgan Schneiderlin has made more interceptions (22) than any other PL player this season.
    * Gastón Ramírez and Adam Lallana created five chances each v Aston Villa on Saturday.

* Stoke City
    * A massive 47% of Stoke’s attacks have come down the right-hand side this season – the highest of any PL side.
    * Ryan Shawcross made six tackles, two interceptions, five effective clearances, two blocks and a 95% pass completion rate v Chelsea on Saturday.
    * Stoke have not won any of their last 11 PL games.

* Sunderland
    * Sunderland’s four goals this season have come from just six shots on target.
    * Sunderland have recorded an average 34.3% possession this season – lower than Stoke.
    * Sunderland have not won a Premier League game since March 24. 12 games ago.

Swansea City
    * Michu has committed more fouls this season than any other PL player barring Marouane Fellaini.
    * Swansea committed 23 fouls v Everton on Saturday.
    * Danny Graham has not managed a shot on target in his last three PL games for Swansea.

Tottenham Hotspur
    * Jermain Defoe has taken 31 shots so far this season – the most of any player in the Premier League.
    * Gareth Bale has created more chances than any other PL player this season (15) without an assist.
    * Bale attempted 13 crosses v QPR and found a teammate an impressive eight times.

West Brom
    * Gareth McAuley has won an impressive 14 of 18 aerial duels this season.
    * Chris Brunt was responsible for 17 of West Brom’s attempted 29 crosses v Reading on Saturday.
    * Claudio Yacob has recorded an impressive 90.9% pass completion rate this season.

West Ham
    * Mark Noble has made more tackles (30) than any other PL player this season. He made eight v Sunderland on Saturday.
    * The Hammers attempted 42 crosses v Sunderland on Saturday, with Noble lobbing in 16 crosses.
    * Carlton Cole won an impressive 11 aerial duels v Sunderland but his pass completion rate was a woeful 41%.

Wigan
    * Wigan actually had one more point (5) at the same stage last season.
    * Wigan had 64% possession, 83% pass accuracy and 19 shots v Fulham but still lost 2-1.
    * Jean Beausejour attempted a massive 17 crosses v Fulham – three found a Latics teammate.

66. rhyle says:

Morning all, good post Raddy – I’m as mystified by Theo’s public posturing as you are…don’t think his stance is working as Wenger hasn’t brought him on centrally at all since the start of the season.

Oh well…off you go in Jan, then, Theo…Shame as he’s certainly got potential and has even had flashes of brilliance, as we were discussing the other day – he just doesn’t seem to be able to put it all together in his head. It’s like watching a bad chef. He’s got all the ingredients, in fact they’re arranged in a tidy mise en place, but he just can’t seem to get the recipe right except on very rare occasions…

As for tonight – stunned that we’ve sold out. Not going myself as I buy tickets for my brother for C1C and whatever it was called last year / will be called next. Hope all who are going enjoy a few goals…am sure it will be a semi-comfortable cruise, especially with a few top quality players in the squad – don’t think Raddy’s team will be far off.

67. Tickle Tackle Terry says:

Thanks Raddy. I always enjoy the coco pops cup. A chance for youngsters to shine is even more imperetive now than it was 5 years ago. The way Arsene and the club treat this tournement is forward thinking and in line with our policies so i wellcome it.

Talking of Coventry, i was there in the early ninties whe the new North Bank was unveiled at home to the sky blues. What was amazing was not the new shiny north bank, it was the fact that Bob Carolgees scored a hatrick. To this day i still cant work it out. A man 5 stone overweight with a propensity of sticking his hand up a Dogs Arse scored a hatrick against the mighty Arsenal

I suppose it goes to show that in life anything is possible. Does anyone know if Coventry have a geezer called Keith Harris in there team? If they have we could be in trouble.

68. VCC says:

evonne 11-45…..not according to Chas I won’t (lol)

69. VCC says:

Chary 11-40. I have a dislike of Cockney reds too. Half of them have never stepped foot in Manchester, can’t say I blame them though, lol.

A sell out, 60,000 absolutely amazing.

Good pre-match as ever BR.

I love it when the whole world and his wife are taking the piss out of me. Makes me feels special.

Here is the squad for the Coventry game.

Arsenal squad:

47 Serge Gnabry
    54 Ignasi Miquel
    60 James Shea
    64 Nico Yennaris

73. 26may1989 says:

Thanks Radster.

My prediction for the starting line-up:

GK Martinez

Squillaci
, Frimpong
, Angha,
Bellerin,
Eisfeld,
Shea

My thinking: Chelsea on Saturday is too important to expose Giroud and the Ox to the starting line-up; and Djourou, Santos, Coq, Arshavin, Walcott and Chamakh need pitch time.

74. glic says:

Stretch
    Me and you must be on the same wavelength, I`ve always thought Mucky Quinn looked like Bob Carolgees. I know people dislike Durham, but Mucky Quinn takes the biscuit for me , bindipper this, bindipper that. Blah , blah, blah, shut up !

I watched an episode of Inbetweeners earlier, at Will`s birthday party Neil comes out with, ” How much Lego can you stuff up your bum? “, silly, but so funny. :lol:

Where`s Redders ?. Hope he hasn`t lost his Meccano set again !.

The more I try and work out my guess for the starting line up the more I realise what a head ache Wenger has got.

I am pursuaded by Rocky’s view that Giroud and the Ox won’t start because of Saturday. But even after that it is still not easy.

76. VCC – you are probably like me, grew up in the greater London area and during your formative years were beseiged by hordes of glory hunting, plastic London Manc supporters.

They should be shot to a man…..a bit extreme ?

Not if it’s all done in the best possible taste .

77. 26may1989 says:

Funny you should say that, Chary. As you know, there is a lot of support for United and Liverpool in London’s Indian diaspora – my in-laws are Gujus from the Wembley/Kenton area, and almost all the many, many cousins are United fans. There’s a single Gooner amongst them, and he lives in Oslo.

I was in Kenton for lunch on Sunday, and the Pool v United game was on (it wasn’t exactly a Michelin starred place), with lots of noise at the important moments in the game. Had Arsenal, Spurs or Chelsea been on, I doubt there’d have been as much noise.

78. 26 – there’s virtually no support for the ‘dippers amongst them now – it’s nothing but f**king wall-to-wall bloody ManUre.

The other 1/2 has relatives in Oslo and who does the son there support ?

Yes, you got it, effing Man-Smegging-Utd.

Whenver I have any contact from relatives back in India I try and carry on my anti ManUre/pro-Arsenal crusade but it largely falls on deaf ears.

The gits.

79. glic says:

chary
    One of my pet hates is Londoners who support anyone outside the Capital ( eapecially Northern teams ). My wife`s brother and cousin ( both Bethnal Green boys ) support Manscum and there`s not a time when I see them that I dont remind them what traitors they are.
    F**k me , there`s about 14 teams in the London area , how hard is it to pick a team, traitorous scum. Tell you what, If my boy supported them, I`d kick him out and disown him, luckily he see`s sense, ” if you like them so much , move to f**king manchester ” ! GRRRRR.

PS
    Anyone outside of London who supports The Arsenal, cant blame you !. :lol:

80. The thing is though glic, these plastic glory hunters only support the Mancscum as none of the other northern teams win anything.

I look upon a Londoner who supports a different northern team(e.g Oldham Athletic) more kindly than the traitorous scum you refer to.

81. glic says:

chary
    Are you calling my wife`s brother and cousin Traitorous scum ?.

Good , lets go and hunt the bastards down !. :lol:

82. Tickle Tackle Terry says:

I like Utd fans from London. I cant help but laugh and snigger at them even if there a season ticket holder or something. Over the years many have lost ther rag and verbaly abused me and even threatened violence which just makes me snigger and laugh even more

In fact ive never lost an argument with a London Utd fan, because ive never had one. The sniggering and laughing has been going on so long now its automatic. When you next meet one, try the snigering and laughing out. I gaurantee you it wil be a most refreshing and rewarding experience for all parties. hahaha

83. glic says:

My 5 a side mates are mostly Arsenal and Bindippers. A new one turned up the other week and wasn`t smiling so much as I constantly reminded everyone that it was spursday. You guessed it, he`s a spud, I`ve got this bluntness when I come across spuds and my first question is usually, WHY ?, followed by a lecture in ,” what a bad mistake “. He told me all his family are gooners and thought he`d be different. I gave him an easy workout without kicking him up in the air, with a gooner family , he has enough to put up with !.
    Poor misguided fool.

84. glic/Mr Syrup – I wonder what the best approach is when you meet one of these turncoats; the disdain of sniggering is a novel approach though.

I don’t so much argue with them but demand they show me “What the hell have you got to do with Manchester?” and “Where’s your oyster cards?” as most away fans do at Old Toilet.

85. Tickle Tackle Terry says:

Chary, do try out the sniggering and see if it works. I have reccomended it to others but they havent been able to pull it off like me.

You basicly need two attributes. Firstly, a constant snigger, i permanantly snigger. And secondly a face that screams out “Punch me”, and i am blessed with such a boat.

The sniggering should make them very angry, and if you have a punchable face, then you should be able to drive them to a frenzy quite easily.

86. Mr Syrup, I reckon my boat race is similar to yours in that way, but I’ll have to work on the snigger – nowhere near as annoying as I think it needs to be. :)

87. Lovely pre-match report Raddy :)

I reckon Eisfeld will start and I hope Theo will get a chance in the middle tonight. Enjoy the game fellow Gooners! :)

88. oz gunner says:

@ Chary

the plastic fans don’t get much better down here either! It’s hard enough finding a football fan, but when you do and you ask what team they support, it’s always ‘Man U’. Then when you starting explaining why they are a Sh*t team and why Arsenal are the bees knees, they just say ‘oh well I don’t follow it that much, but it’s just who I support’

Gives me the absolute willies! I could tolerate a bandwagon fan if they could actually give a good argument, but those types should be lynched!

Excellent pre-match as per, BR
    I haven’t got a clue what the starting line-up will be, but I would like to see Santos, Djourou and Chamakh get some game time.
    The Chamster needs to get going if I’m going to win my bet with Rasp :) (I said he would score at least 10 in all competitions).

90. Oz – I reckon a lot of the muppets who profess to be ManUre fans(erspecially if it allows them to bask in the reflected glory of one of their referee assisted trophy winning campaigns) are merely tourists who don’t know any better.

Q – You like football,who’s your team ?
    A – Errrr, Man Utd ?

ManUre – the default option for the ignorant numpty.

91. rhyle says:

What never fails to amuse is the mental gymnastics most of these “fans” of Man Utd perform to justify their support:

“My great-grandad’s best mate shagged a prostitute who had a dog that he got from some player…you’ve never heard of him…who played for Man Utd before the war. There’s no record of him as they were burned in a fire caused by gas mixing with the fumes of Fergie’s booze collection just as Eric Cantona was sparking up a fag. And that’s why I support Man Utd.”

It always makes perfect sense.

C1 Cup goals don’t count Rocky :?

I’m struggling to understand where this new found faith in Chamakh has come from. I reckon he’s looking at things in the same way as Almunia in his last 2 years of his contract – no-one else is going to pay him what he getss at Arsenal so he’s going to hang on whether he plays or not. At least Almunia was older, Chamakh is showing a lack of ambition by not moving to a new club (assuming one is interested)

Chas
    You asked earlier about the number of “take ons” (attempted dribbles) against Sunderland and the Orcs.

Against Sunderland we tried a massive 39 take-ons (23 of them successful). Once again the take-on king was The Swerve. He tried 20 and beat his man exactly half of the time. Interestingly, in light of the Theo discussion, he started that game and had five successful take-ons out of seven attempts. Of course this game happened before the transfer window closed and when we have been expecting Theo to sign an extension.

I suppose the fact we didn’t score against O’Neill’s men could be down to good defending and that we had a new line-up playing together in a competitive game for the first time. So even when a player made a successful take-on, his team mates were not sufficiently familiar with his play to take full advantage.

Against the Orcs we had 23 attempted take-ons, spread throughout the MF and attack (with no one player attempting more than the 4 tried by Oxo after he came on as a sub).

In both games combined we had a total of 62 take-ons.
    Last season in the games against Blackburn and Bolton at a similar stage of the season we attempted a combined total of 39.

I’m not sure what conclusions to draw, but you did ask. :)

Rasp
    What was it about “at least 10 goals in all competitions” that you did not understand? :)

Truth is, I have never believed Chamakh is as bad as some people think.

Even in some of the games last season where he played but never looked like scoring he got quite positive mentions in our match reports.

I agree with Rasp’s main criticism (that he doesn’t have a shot) but I still think he’ll get 10 in our C1 Cup run to Wembley :)

96. Red Arse says:

Hi Guys, and nice Post, Raddy. :-)

I got my comeuppance for teasing Rock Island Line for his Post, and CharyB & Co for twittering on about their guitars, yesterday, by flagellating them with my Shakespeare quotes.

Then last evening, while partaking of supper – (non-alcoholic beer and a burger) – I was bemoaning to my friends, the fact that some ‘modernists’ had changed a word or two of the mighty Shakes words.

For example in the passage beginning, “If music be the food of love play on etc” the word ‘appetite’ had been subsituted, in a modern revision, for the original word ‘hart’. Hold on, I am getting there! :-)

Shakey had used the word ‘hart’ that meant (and means) a mature red deer stag, as a pun on the word ‘heart’. Hunting deer was a pre-runner of football in his day ( :-) ) and the speaker was upset that the course of true love was not running smoothly – hence he was hart (heart) broken. Geddit?

Well, in the middle of a discourse on the relative merits of two attractive young dollies, the thought came to me that Hertfordshire got its name from a ford where deer were known to cross, and that the town of Hertford also derived its name from the same source.

OK, as far as that goes, but suddenly I realised that the thoroughfare besides which our neanderthal neighbours reside was named ‘White Hart Lane’!

Oh the ignominy of it — my classy beloved Shakey Speare indirectly linked hundreds of years later with such a club. :-(

Spoiled my evening, and I am still not over it.

The only comfort being that at least ‘Highbury’ dates back to a 13th century grand Manor (probably built on a high hill – and so named) and may even date back to Roman Times.

Hey! Now that’s class — beat that you carpetbagger spuddies!! :-)

97. Rhyle – a lot of the mancs I know just said “Ah, it’s ‘cos of that David Beckham, ‘aint he nice?” or something equally fatuous and no football related.

Sums up the mentality of their so-called “supporters”.

manu supporting Londoners, is there a more stupid bunch of imbeciles on this planet?

Thanks for a brilliant answer, Rocky.
    There appears to be an increase overall by the looks of it.

Sunderland seemed to have all 10 behind the ball for most of the game. And a very compact bus it was, too.

Ok Rocky, fair enough – but can we deduct goals when he’s in an attacking position and doesn’t even attempt to create a scoring chance :lol:

Redders :)

I think it’s quite appropriate that the Spuds’ ground has the word “hart” in its name.

After all, the regulars there have had more than half a century of going “Oh deer.”

Can’t change the rules now Rasp :)

I am sometimes naively optimistic about things, but even I would never have marked Cham down for 10 goals in the big three competitions.

103. Red Arse says:

Rocker, :-) There is that!

Having played favourites and given the Chazzer a complete answer, what about my request for info concerning Theo?

Do we have any info on the frequency of his take-ons this year as compared to last season, apportioned on a pro rata basis? (total take-ons divided by number of games played, maybe?).

That might explain the difference between the take-ons this year and last year. Answer = Theo. :-)

OK Rocky, I’d have taken your bet if it had been for 6 goals.

In the extremely unlikely event that I lose the bet, the quality of the drink I buy you will have be relevant to where MC has scored his goals. If it’s the C1 Cup, you’ll get flat Tizer in a cracked mug :)

….. and a bottle of Dom Perignon if they’re all in the PL ……

106. 26may1989 says:

Before I head out, just a couple of quick observations on the repulsive Cockney Red phenomenon.

The upsetting this is I could have ended up as one of those pathetic Cockney Reds. I grew up without any football role models (single parent family, dad nowhere, and mum bemused by my obsession with football). I was geographically in between Spurs and Arsenal but I wasn’t aware of either one – everything more than half a mile from my front door was unknown territory. And the first football thing I latched onto was a book about George Best. Luckily, obsessed as I was with that book, I didn’t make the leap to supporting United. I did have an initial season as an Everton fan (Bob Latchford etc), as there was a lad at my school with an Everton shirt (replica shirts were rare things in the early 1970s), but then found out where Everton was and realised that wasn’t going to work, so realised I was going to need to attach myself to a local team. By that point, I’d worked out it would be Spurs or Arsenal. And here I am!

But that Cockney Red still could’ve been me – thank christ it wasn’t.

And in weighing things up, would I resent a child of mine more if he/she supported United or Chelsea? Very hard one, I honestly don’t know. I’d likely chuck him/her out whichever one of those godforsaken teams was selected, but perhaps I’d be marginally more charitable if United were chosen.

OK, am off now – meetings and then straight to THE MATCH!

Rasp.
    So Tizer it is then :)

However, given that our original bet was for one Peroni based on whether or not the Chamster scored at least 10 in all comps, I am encouraged to see how you are back tracking.

Perhaps a little worried that Marouane might come good after all? :)

Redders
    OK then – I’ll spend the rest of the day going back through a year’s worth of stats to answer your question about Theo.

Obviously I will get sacked for neglecting my work duties; in these straitened times I won’t get another job; we’ll lose the house; the wife will bugger off with GLiC, taking the kids with her; I’ll turn to crime and hard liquor; my hair will fall out, followed closely by my teeth; my nose will turn bulbous and red; I will waste away to nothing; I will end up living in a cardboard box just off White Hart Lane with all the other losers.

AND IT WILL ALL BE YOUR FAULT

Rocky, I’d be delighted and very pleasantly surprised if I buy you a Peroni as a result of this bet – but I was going to buy you a Peroni any way so I can’t lose :lol:

110. I’m going to the match with my son and a cockney red. He’s ok though

111. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

For a second there I thought you were describing Ferguson. :-)

That would indeed be a terrible fate …………………………….. for your Mrs ………………………. so I withdraw my request, with immediate effect!! :-)

112. GM – when you say “he’s ok” obviously your refer to your son.

Here’s an open question to you all that coulkd result in another Peroni based bet….

…. Who do you think will score the most goals for Arsenal (in all comps) this season, Marouane Chamakh or Andrey Arshavin?

114. VCC says:

Chary…..I have told my now 24 year old Daughter for years that if she goes out with one of those scum, they are not allowed in my house.

If they are mancunian thats not so bad, but as that fantastically looking guy GLiC says, there are plenty of London clubs you can choose from, if one is born in the capital.

115. Red Arse says:

To try and make it up to you, Rocker, I will expend another of my limited jokes.

Terry and Glic found three hand grenades and decided to take them to the police station.

Terry said, “What will we do if one of them explodes before we get there?”

Glic said, “We will lie and tell them we only found two!!”

That reminds me of the time when your racing snail stopped winning races, you took a leaf out of Formula 1 and stripped off its shell to save weight and make it more streamlined.

It didn’t work of course, it only made him more sluggish!

Rasp :)
    I was going to buy you one too :)
    But I am thrilled that I will also be getting a Tizer.

Tough question – AA or Cham. I’m sticking to my guns: Cham will score more than AA (who may well vanish in January).

Redders
    Phew (wipes brow)
    Thanks!

118. evonne says:

Cham? They branded him ‘Poor man’s Ronaldo’ a couple of years ago. Even I am not that poor

Sorry to jump in on this debate re supporting teams that are not from ones home town, but, we should remember how chuffed we are when supporters from all over the world come on and declare their love for Arsenal.

Surely it is the idea that some feeble minded people choose to support the team that appears to be winning the most at any one time that goes against the grain. This just means that they want to gloat a lot and are not really interested in football so much as thinking they’re the best without putting any effort in.

RA. I may be stating the obvious but White Hart Lane existed centuries before it become a rat infested bog. It was part of the King’s hunting grounds.

Then came the pub The White Hart and finally a few shacks which resemble a football ground

121. VCC – and too right too, if I had a daughter her going out with a manc would be cause for disinheritance.

Luckily both my sons are gooners but I gave them no choice in the matter, although they willingly took to the good guys in red and white.

Rasp. You make a good point. But answer me this, do you have any respect for the millions of plums who walk around in Barca shirts?

Of course not. As you rightly say, glory hunters.

Whereas if the support the mighty Gunners they are intelligent , handsome/beautiful people.

Is football indifference better or worse than Manc support?

124. Big dandy – I say better; anything is better than supporting those scumsters without a real reason.

125. Nick says:

I thought I read earlier today that Eastmond just secured a loan.

I think part of Theo’s statement is laying the groundwork to leave. It gives him a “it wasn’t for the money” excuse when he leaves (even though if he does it will be for a big contract) and it also acts as a “come & get me” plea for a club looking for a striker. Whatever the case I want to see him get a start whether up front or on the wing. AA23 & Chamakh should start as well and hopefully some buyers will take note.

I really want to see Giroud get some time though and hopefully net a couple to inject some confidence into the man

126. Red Arse says:

Where do yanks come in all this? Just curious?

127. evonne says:

indifference, defo. What do you talk about to people that have no interest in football? At least you can have a heated argument with a Manc

Great prematch Raddy, thank you

128. Redders – it mainly comes down to glory hunting rather than being from abroad. If you have no connection with the mancsa and merely choose them for being “the ones that are winning at the moment” then you are a glory hunter.

Supporting a club with mixed fortunes is a much truer test of football allegiance and being a proper supporter.

129. Red Arse says:

Quite right, CharyB. :-)

My case was that my father spent a lot of time in Europe, especially the UK and was a biiiiiiig Arsenal fan. (probably liked the name ‘Gunners’).

I took after him in many ways, and altho the first ground I went to was Chelsea, the team we went to see there was the Arsenal. He always called it ‘the Arsenal’. :-)

No contest!! :-)

130. Tickle Tackle Terry says:

Since ive done them all, the Terry Test for genuine support is as follows:

1) Your partner despises football because they regard it as a love rival (be careful they dont end up despising you, three in a relationship is difficult to juggle)

2) You have been spotted in Town wearing full replica kit (This does not include your day release from the mental institution)

3) When Arsenal lose you do not communicate with anybody for 24 hours (if you are stopped by the police in full replica kit then exceptions are ok)

4) When Arsenal win, you go out on to the street at 2 in the morning with your loudspeaker and serenade the neighbours with “Were by the greatest team, the world has ever seen, and its Arsenal. Arsenal FC” ( You are excused if there is already an ASBO out on you)

5) You must have at least one time in your life stalked an Arsenal player on the premise and desire that you need to speak to the player to help him improve his performance (this is what you tell the police when they arrest you)

131. VCC says:

BR 4:42 Dead right Sir, the Elite race.

VCC. Damn right. We are The Arsenal, it isn’t The Man Utd or The Chelsea or The Liverpool. No siree We are “The One and Only” (cue fro a song)

133. I better get myself to the Tavern. See you all later

Oh dear, by Terry’s standards I am a plastic fan :-(

HAve a great night GM

Why did you lie?
    I’ve got to vary the answers, haven’t I?
    I can’t say Arsenal every time.

It must be Giroud’s night as today is The Day of Atonement :)

Oh dear.
    Log on, and there’s The Raddy. Even worse, he’s clever and he’s got The Ox in central midfield and there’s no stream. Worse still, the chopper is in for its MOT.
    What the hell are we going to do?

139. glic says:

If Redders answered LB`s question @ 3:32pm, you`ld need to be plugged in to Hawking`s wheelchair or have a Universal Translater !.
    The simple answer is no.

Rocky, Unless the dust bin lids are gooners , I`m not having them !.

I can understand why Women would want to run off with me, it`s my reputation. In the old days I used to be a International Diamond playboy thief, the women loved the thrills and danger of my activity. They would fall at my feet and wet themselves so much that they needed come on a date armed with pampers.
    Those were the good old days, nowadays I sneek into farmers fields at night and pull up some turnips armed with my Barry White greatest hits album to charm the livestock. When in Rome !.

All Gooners GLiC, naturellement.

What kind of dad do you take me for?

Glic,
    What with all the potions, spells and wise women down Cornwall way, I don’t believe that’s all your sort get up to after nightfall.

League Cup, 2nXI and still 60,000 sell out. Brilliant.

143. Red Arse says:

To paraphrase you, Rock-a-do, — Phew!

Thank goodness the dust bin lids are Gooners otherwise there would be a stain on your noble escutcheon!

What are you and the Glicster talking about? Not that I am saying you are both loonies – but a dustbin’s top hat – Really?? :-)

Glicy, how did you become a member of the Narcissistic club?
    You see, to me, you are perfectly normal — I would like to look in the mirror myself, but usually all I can see when I stand in front of the mirror is my belly button fluff.
    All these short arsed bastards cause me nothing but problems!

145. evonne says:

No Kelsey, it is the Yom Keepur

146. We’re still waiting for someone to volunteer to write a few lines about tonight’s match even if they are just following Arsenal.com’s text commentary ……. I’ve got a headache and no roof so I’m slightly indisposed :roll:

147. evonne says:

Chas – GM posted that yesterday, very funny indeed

149. evonne says:

Peaches – how can any of us, except 26 and GM write the report without seeing the game? I assume it is going to be great, but i can hardly make up stats, goals, fauls, etc

150. glic says:

Sorry Rocky, but I had to ask, as, If I remember rightly, some of our fellow AAers have children, brothers, fathers etc who are not gooners !. I know , It doesn`t make sense.

These London Mancs ( I spat, as I typed that ), they should be made to Bungee Jump into a live Volcano, only If they do not scream on the way down will they have my blessing to become traitorous bastards and when they reach their journey upwards with a relieved look on their face, will I cut the cord and listen to the sweet music of their screams on journey back down !. Mawhahahahahahahaha :evil:

Did he? My apologies.
    I can’t remember what I’ve seen on here or elsewhere.

Ah ha, see, I knew it Glic. Such a giveaway. The old classic witch test.

While you’re here Glic, I love to grab the odd night away with ‘err indoors. Last week we went to the pub/hotel at Port Gaverne. Any waterside recommendations?

Chas,
    How do you upload phone vids?

157. evonne says:

too late for me, shame, really wanted to go

158. glic says:

Easy Redders
    Be like me, walk about with a mirror in your handbag !.

PS
    I cant divulge what other stuff ( secret potions etc ) I have in my handbag as Micky will want to jump over the border from Devon, then he`ll want to sit at my round table, then it`ll be, ” can I be a Knight, Sir Tricky of the round table, oh, and some land and wenches “, where will it stop ?.

Micky,
    Download to PC from phone, then upload to youtube or some other ‘staging’ site on the net.
    I could do the second part.

Someone just got an upper tier ticket for a tenner.
    Get twitter, you don’t have to use it except for the odd occasion.

163. glic says:

See, look, he`s already invaded Port Gaverne, the invading Didits !. :lol:
    Sorry Micky, haven`t been there for a while. Go to Charlestown. The Pier House, where the chef is a lovely gooner. Dont go in the Wreckers, the owners a spud !.

Glic,
    I wouldn’t be too bad. You see, I’m ok for land, just the wenches then.

You’re keeping the secret gems to yourself, you snake!

Ok. Yennaris pushed into midfield. Ox or AA left? Or to put it nother way, Ox or AA midfield?

Arse Ladies just scored a second

Ox in midfield in Santi position.
    Or a 4-4-2 with AA and Ox in midfield. :)

169. glic says:

chas
    I just had a look and the first thing I see was a Arsenal lady with Nobbs written on her back ! . :lol:

Have we all given up finding live footage?

171. glic says:

haha, even the barca ladies have been taught how to dive !.

172. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Arsenal starting XI: Martinez, Miquel, Djourou, Angha, Yennaris, Santos, Coquelin, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Arshavin, Giroud.

Subs: Shea, Squillaci, Bellerin, Frimpong, Eisfeld, Gnabry, Chamakh.

173. Adrian says:

Why is today’s game not being televised? The Man Utd and Newcastle game will be though..

174. glic says:

They must read this site, our girls are playing Tickle Tackle against Barcas Tippy Tappy !.

Sharkey,
    You’ll get reprimanded for posting stuff that’s already up. :)

176. glic says:

yes, 3-0 to the Tickles !.

177. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Haha Randy…usual standard PM with extra comedy.

I’m stunned that Peaches Mum doesn’t get a start tonight…I heard she’d been ripping it up in training this week.

Bet she’ll be in the press tomorrow angling for a move…sell her and Theo as a pair..??

Mmmm, 4-4-2 eh Chas. So Theo gets his central berth with Big Ol.

180. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Don’t blame me Chas blame my alzheimers….or my new laptop with a duff F5 key.

Don’t blame me Chas blame my alzheimers….or my new laptop with a duff F5 key.

Don’t blame me Chas blame my alzheimers….or my new laptop with a duff F5 key.

I’ve started repeating myself a lot lately as well

No place for Cham.

So BR got 9/11. Disappointing

182. evonne says:

i am still looking, but it’s no good, not even on chinese tv

Back in the day, there was always someone on Legrove with an Iraqi link or something obscure. Anyone feeling dirty enough to sniff around a bit?

Sod it. I am that desperate. Back in a mo

Already had a look micky, just a couple of dodgy sites which my PC says stay clear of.

Kelsey,
    Just clicked on one, and strange things were happening!
    What is wiziwig?

Micky,
    AFC have said its not being broadcast live.

No, wiziwig is audio only for our game.

Micky Wizigig is excellent. I can highly recommend it but even so they have only audio commentary

190. glic says:

Wiziwig, Thats terry`s magic circle name !

Wiziwig is the new myp2p site. All of the links are audio only.
    They’ll be streaming the Arsenal Player audio, so you may as well just go there.

Haha, Arsenal Player looks like it’s getting hammered.

I’m going to slink off.
    Nite all. :-(

193. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Ha ha Didit…I already looked. If there’s no link there then they don’t exist.

Whilst that may be true Chas, its not like Arsenal do tell us when games are on LiveOnlineFooty.

This isn’t the first time we’ve had no coverage for Carl Cup. I really should have gone. Kicking myself

Sharkey when you watch on LiveOnlineFooty, I’m always watching on Wiziwig. If there was a video stream it would be on there.

Arsenal Player is back.

196. VCC says:

Chas. I am trying to get commentary on wiziwig, but nothing is happening, any idea what I’m doing wrong?

It’s only just come back on Arsenal Player. There’s probably a 2 minute delay on Wiziwig.

Works fine on Arseplayer.

Why haven’t we scored yet …. we are shit.

AW get your cheque book out. The Board are only interested in profit. Gazidis is a mug. Giroud is a muppet. Bring back Dein. Sign Messi or/and Ronaldo

GLiC
    “Wiziwig, Thats terry`s magic circle name !”
    Genius :)

BR
    9 out of 11 is nothing less than a miracle for this game!
    Respect

Get in!

Giroud breaks his duck. 1-0.

Get in. Big Ollie

203. slimgingergooner says:

Sounds like the changes have disrupted the team. Not really a shock!

Fact of the day: I played in the same school team as Richard Wood who is playing for Coventry! He was nothing special!!!

Right, get Giroud off now and keep him safe for the weekend… and get Chamakh on :)

Didit gets off the mark

206. evonne says:

manyoo game pathetic, Rooney couldn’t score if he tried

207. evonne says:

i need to keep my mouth shut – they scored :(

evonne :-(

Sounds like Miquel is having a fine game as usual. The Big Man is off the mark and will score 20+, one less than Pod this season

That’s taking the piss showing the pitch at half time.

210. glic says:

Rocky
    I didn`t know whether to be amazed or concerned in the Tavern Toilets, when Terry started his ” now you see it ,now you dont ” routine !. :lol:

Whoops… OG missed a pen.

212. SharkeySuresGhost says:

He did that to keep it interesting.

Waiting for the Ox to smash one in I think…..

213. evonne says:

oh dear, maybe it’s not a bad thing I didn’t get a ticket

Manyoo playing very well

214. SharkeySuresGhost says:

;-)

215. rhyle says:

And there’s that Ox goal you were expecting, SSG!

216. VCC says:

Oxlade Chamberlain

217. evonne says:

really? my little ox….oooh

3-0 eh? nice. bye again.

Chamakh coming on!
    Watch out Rasp :)

220. SharkeySuresGhost says:

I’m on half your betting winnings Rhyle….

Between me and my ‘cousin’ FrothingInarticulateLoon I’ve made a lot of money for many AA’ers with my long odds predictions.

Stay tuned…..

221. evonne says:

all right Angel? not working tonight?

222. evonne says:

Sharkey – they all know I am calling YOU Angel so it is safe for you to reply :)

223. goonerjake says:

5 nil wahoo! Ive got man flu boo!

224. goonerjake says:

5-1 i mean told you had man flu

Even our centre back can score before Chamakh Rocky :P

226. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Lol Evonne…..

You’ll have me go looking for work….nutter

227. evonne says:

Angel :) good to see you blogging :)

Looking forward to seeing Gnabry on the player tomorrow

229. Gooner In Exile says:

Bastards! I thought we’d all agreed to look away now until MotD (The League Cup Show). :)

Seems like we have done ok?

6-1 Theo

He’s making a bit of a statement…

231. SharkeySuresGhost says:

I know Nutter…I’m really missing out lately.

Busy at work, then kids as well. Oldest son started secondary school, younger son started primary….lots of parenting required.

I’m always here ‘in spirit’ though…

Woo hoo hoo ;-)

Rasp :)
    He hasn’t had time to get into the game yet…

Does that mean I’m off the hook, Angel?

Thank Dennis for that. :)

235. rhyle says:

Lot of chat on BBC about how good Arshavin has been tonight…

chas, I’ve updated the goalscorers widget but need your assistance for the assists :) Coquelin is the only one I’m aware of from the BBC’s commentary

237. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Rhyle…sounded like he pretty much ran riot once he got going

238. evonne says:

No Chas, Angel and I are just good friends, YOU are special :)
    good night all xx

I didn’t have to add Chamakh’s name to the goalscorers widget :roll:

240. SharkeySuresGhost says:

I hear Chamakh’s still out there Rasp….

I got all of them apart from the last Theo goal, Rasp.
    Still looking, might have been ‘no assist’.

I’ve sent it with no assist for the last goal.
    Will have to change it if we find out there was one.

Thanks chas, I don’t need you to create a chart, just give me the names when you can ta.

Haha Sharkey, why didn’t he just return to France, I’m sure he would be much more successful and happier in Ligue 1

Rasp
    It’s a marathon, not a sprint…

Although I’m not sure MC actually did any sprinting…

244. SharkeySuresGhost says:

It is odd that he stayed. Surely Arsenal would have subsidised his return…??

I’d have contributed to a whip round

245. SharkeySuresGhost says:

I always want a home draw…but thats not too bad.

Chelsea Man U….. happy days….

OK chas, your widget is updated – let me ow when you have identified the mystery assister :P .

Rocky, MC is sprinting off to light up his hookah as we speak.

247. Rob Lucci says:

1 goal, 3 assists and a penalty for Arshavin today, Man of the Match.

What Rob, Arsh got 3 assists???? chas’ widget is out of date already – did Arsh get the assist for the last goal?

Has the draw been made?

What is it?

Yennaris has two ‘n’ s

It’s not my widget. Mine is spelt correctly. :)

So’s mine now – but still with the entirely incorrect ‘no assist’ line :?

C1 Cup 4th round draw

Reading v Arsenal

Sunderland v Middlesbrough
    Swindon Town v Aston Villa
    Wigan Athletic v Bradford City
    Leeds United v Southampton
    Norwich City v Tottenham Hotspur
    Liverpool v Swansea City
    Chelsea v Manchester United

254. glic says:

We are away to Reading Rocky.

Arsenal have scored 12 goals in their last 2 home games

Entirely incorrect. Haha. Fuck the assists.

Seriously though chas, is there such a thing as an assist-less goal?

258. rhyle says:

Reading away.

259. goonermichael says:

That was fun

Who was your MotM GM?

261. Gooner In Exile says:

Rasp …. Ryan Giggs and that goal. (Unless the assist is given to the Arsenal defence for disappearing).

In truth I think to be an assist it has to also be a key pass (or winning a penalty). A cross (thrown or kicked), a defence splitting pass, a rebounded shot (at a stretch).

Thanks GiE, chas’ widget is now officially entirely correct :P

263. Gooner In Exile says:

Is Arsene saving Theo for ACN and after?

I just saw the goals on SSN and the last goal assist looked like it was from Frimpong, but it was so fleeting a glimpse it was hard to tell. Definitely not Arshavin though. :)
    No assist happens when a player wins a tackle or makes an interception.

265. goonermichael says:

No idea Rasp. That’s why you wouldn’t want me doing a match report. The Ox played well but Arshavin and Theo did well too. Quite a few misplaced passed between them though. Miquel did a good job and JD too. Our defence was hardly troubled really apart from the goal. I had 4 large whiskies and a pint of Staruproumen. Giroud took his goal really well but it wasn’t a brillaint penalty. The Ox’s goal was a golazzo. Theo’s 2nd was fantastic too. Theo went around the whole ground clapping the fans on his own. The Coventry fans were quite loud, singing “he left cos you’re shit” about some dutch bloke. I got mustard all over my trousers and jacket from a fat Harry hot dog.

266. goonermichael says:

There were probably 20-30% empty seats in club level. The rest of the stadium was full apart from a section of the away fans in the upper tier. I was hoping for the mancs at home next

Gm,
    That’s a brilliant match report right there.
    The kind I like anyway.

268. goonermichael says:

I walked along Gilespie road stuck in the Coventry fans. It was quite funny. They were loud but not at all agressive. My son kept chanting Villa Villa and they didn’t kill him.

269. There were to streakers while Giroud was waiting to take the pen. I just remembered

270. Goals all taken well tonight, Arshavin looks like he might have significantly less arse this year?

I can do a report in the morning if needed.

272. 26may1989 says:

No worries LB, peaches got the thumb-screws out and bullied me into doing the report.

Just seen the score.
    Agree with Raddy. Wenger out.

12 goals at home against poor opposition. The strikers are hopeless. Too much tippy tappy.

Good point Raddy. Why the hell we didn’t sign Modric, Sahin and anyone else shows the level of out ambition.

I’ve just watched the highlights on Arsenal Player (full game later as soon as I get to work :-) ), but from the brief clips Arshavin and Theo looked happy, fit and alert.

Oh I see, all the mature and responsible AA’ers are watching the game BEFORE they go to work :-)

278. oz gunner says:

The worst is our defense, Miquel isn’t showing enough, Merts is too slow, Kozzer played in a lower French team, and we have no cover for Sagna!

I knew Arsene should have bought Cahill, Samba, and Vertonghen!

Mourinho for Manager!!!

I wrote that just in case, I might as well post it.

280. Morning LB

I wondered if you would suddenly decide to write something, thank you. I manged to bully 26may to write somethiing last night so we have his to look forward to too.

281. I’ve just read through last nights comments and see Rasp having a chuckle at no assists for Chamakh :lol:

282. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Evening peaches, I like the name Gnabry. Has he got potential?

Gnaby, looked good last night, I am looking forward to seeing more of him.

One of the good things about not seeing a stream last night is that there’s a whole Arse match to watch today and six lovely goals.

It was only Coventry 2nd bottom in League One though, so we still need a new manager, team and board because we let one goal in.

The little pass to Walcott for his 2nd goal was from Frimpong, so Chamakh still has a clean sheet. :)

Morning peaches, I’m going to create a new ‘desists’ widget just for Chamakh :?

Ox’s goal from the North Bank.

287. evonne says:

Great report LB, should be published later with 26may’s

Rasp and Admin – can we be spoilt even more and have 2 match reports, please?

288. evonne says:

what a goal, what a bow…..am i fecking losing my mind or is anybody else tearful seeing that?

289. LB -I’ve taken your comment off and I’ll republish it on the post with Mr 26may’s :)

290. Hi gnarley – sorry only just saw you there, I didn’t get to the game so all this is new to me too :)

He posts when he wants
    He posts when he wants
    He’s AA’s LB and he posts when he wants.

Fine, glad you liked it.

292. New Posts …………………..

293. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Chas is on the ball with his action shot of ox; Cheers LB(London?) it looks like u & no worries peaches

294. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Just saw the goals….wow !!!!