#once a gooner always a gooner?

I often come across this hashtag on twitter about former Arsenal players. Usually it’s in reply to Cesc or Henry saying something complimentary about Arsenal. Personally I think Cesc should be #oncebarcaalwaysbarca but that’s just me. I’ve always wondered how Arsenal fans make up their minds about which former players deserve our support/love and which deserve our contempt and the ones we could say neutral. Here is a list. Make your own minds up

Dennis Bergkamp

Real name God. Finished his career at Arsenal after signing several 1 year rolling contracts. The most gifted Arsenal player in my limited experience.

My Verdict Always a gooner

Ian Wright

Ian was top scorer for the Arsenal until Thierry took his crown. Since he retired he likes to wind gooners up on talksh*te and says he’s a Millwall fan but I think his heart is in the right place.

My verdict Always a gooner

Tony Adams

“Mr Arsenal” Spent his entire career at Arsenal. Famously said “Remember the name on the front of the shirt and they’ll remember the name on the back”

My verdict Always a gooner

Patrick Vieira

He came from Senegal to play for Arsenal. He was a great player for us but I feel he’s tainted himself working (and tapping up our players) for the northern oilers.

My Verdict Traitor

Cesc Fabregas

Cesc came to us from the Barca academy when he was 16. It was inevitable that he would go back someday. I think his timing was all wrong. Whatever talent he naturally has, Wenger made him the player he is today (and he’s sitting on their bench)

My verdict Traitor

Ashley Hole

He was the best left back in a generation. Was offered 60K PW by Dein but the board objected and would only give him 55K famously making him swerve his car (if only) and go for a secret meeting with Maureen. Still can’t stop talking about us. I get the feeling he’s a bit bitter despite the trophies.

My verdict Traitor

Thierry Henry

Our all-time top scorer and Monarch. Like Cesc, he went to Barca but unlike the Spaniard he’d helped us to win trophies. He got the CL he wanted and dedicated it to Arsenal. Came back last winter and scored the winners against Sunderland and Leeds.

My verdict Always a gooner.

Robin van Persie

He was with us for 7 years, Spent a lot of time injured, had one season without injury and f***ed off. He grew up as an arsenal fan but the “little boy inside him” was screaming Manchester United.

My verdict Scum

There are plenty more but you get the idea:

Eduardo Always a gooner

Eboue Always a gooner

Freddie Always a gooner

Nasri traitor

Gilberto

Flamini

Lansbury

George Graham

Dixon

Seaman

What do you think?

Written by goonermichael

148 Responses to #once a gooner always a gooner?

1. evonne says:

If GM cannot make me smile, nothing/nobody could :)
    Great stuff, except for you-know-who, Francesc if in any doubt. Must rush, but I don’t think I need to elaborate?

well done mate! I’m loving it

2. Red Arse says:

Interesting Post, GM, :-)

I am looking forward to reading the reactions and classifications of others and their reasons for their choices.

Me? I have great respect for those footballers who played their hearts out for us, Gilberto, or had amazing ‘out of this world’ skill, Denis.

But as to trying to work out their ‘real’ allegiances and whether they still have affection for Arsenal, or not — I don’t really care to be candid.

At the end of the day they are all well paid (obscenely paid?) professionals who ‘do a job’ for whichever club currently pays them and sentiment has very little (nothing?) to do with their choices, (van Persie).

3. Great post GM
    i feel that Patrick would still have been a gooner if he could have got a job with us, but what he’s done at City has tainted him forever…..
    and then there’s the pundits who seem overly quick to mask there allegiance when commentating, smudge always gets on my nerves, punch drunk Adams the other night should give it a rest, Merse the same….. Wrighty is borderline, but i think he just doesn’t care too much for Wenger cos he got the boot and his son was of little interest to us.
    McLintocks negetivity makes me self harm (Joke), but you get my drift.
    But then again theres pundits i do have a lot of time for and the back stabbing is non existent to minimal, Dixon always a gooner, Keown, Winterburn, Groves, Parlour and Wilson the same.
    Whilst i’m on check out this awesome new video, pump up the volume and full screen it, its spine tingling

4. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

Is it just me, or have you ‘gone native’ recently? Plenty of ‘mates’ and other local slang words lately.

Very amusing!! :-)

5. j says:

So cole would have stayed if Dein got his way? Sack the board and bring back David Dein.

David Dein = successful gooner
    Stan & the board = success for the opposition / scum 4 arsenal

6. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Hey GM,

Great post mate..Sure to bring in alot of fun debate on the eve of what im sure will be the clash of the titans (Diaby v Yaya). And im looking forward to both.

Question. Did Henry really dedicate ol’ Big Ears to AFC?

@Jonothan, top, top video champ. I loved it.

7. red25 says:

Agree with all of the above – but, NO PIRES?? Gooner LEGEND, and ALWAYS a Gooner legend… If anything, we rather did the dirties on HIM… He was worth more than 1yr contracts, and proved it at Villareal. What you reckon?

8. Red Arse says:

Great response, Johnathan, @10:01 :-)

You have reflected my own views exactly with Smudger, Adams etc as one type, and then the other type, Lee Dixon, Parlour et al who are committed fans.
    Someone I would add to your ‘anti’ list, and who I detest, is David ‘I love Leeds’ O’Leary!

It seems I do care more than I thought. :-)

9. 26may1989 says:

Love the post GM.

It’s a myth that Cole’s offer was reduced by £5k a week. The offer was the same, the club just refused to pay the fees of Cole’s agent (Matthew Barnett) on top. Those fees were equivalent to £5k per week. Barnett had told Cole Arsenal would pay his fees.

Why should the club pay a player’s agent’s fees? Would you pay the legal fees and expenses of someone selling you a house?

10. evonne says:

I hate repeating myself, but for me is the last season at the Club that defines a traitor, ie ‘Did he played in the last season better than ever before?’ If the answer is Yes, then the dude is a traitor BECAUSE he didn’t bother giving us his 100% and the only time he gave his 100% was when he wanted to feck off wherever.

Cesc adn Thierry had terrible last seasons with us, hence LEGENDS :)

11. evonne says:

RA – I’m being cool, all right :)

12. red25 says:

Charlie Nicholas – defends Arsenal to the hilt – always a Gooner!
    Jens Lehmann – the most under rated of the invincibles? Saved us on many occasions – Wenger never gave him a chance, like he did Almunia/Fabianski…

13. Wrightydenhenry says:

Charlie Nicholas always a gooner, Bobbie Pires, Freddie and Jens always a gooner.
    Stewart Robson definitely not gooner material

14. RA Good shout out about Oleary
    & red25 on Charlie Nicholas spot on in both opinions.
    No one checking out that vid? left me all goose bumpy!

15. Nathgunner says:

gilberto,dixon,graham,seaman & super bobby ALWAYS A GOONER….flamini,nasri & the rest Always SCUM..

16. Nathgunner says:

I disagree with u on Cesc..he was our talisman and i think he was a misguided (by his agent and friends in barca team ) 23 yr old when he left..still respects the club and the boss…

17. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

our MVP- Arsene Wenger

Always a gunner… Respect

18. Adam_the_Arsenal_kid says:

Agree on it all, except for cesc.. I almost cried when he left for his beloved Barcelona. Plus Catalonia is a very.. proud region :P Still love cesc, loved his comment when Van Pu$$y went to the Mancs. “Saw ‘insert name here’ in a United shirt this morning.. almost got sick” He loves Arsenal and we love him <3 Peace out from Cork homies :D

19. oz gunner says:

good post GM, I agree with most, unfortunately in oz we get bugger all football insight so I never know he rags Arsenal and who doesn’t. I agree with the most of your gooner/traitor suggestions.

@ RA

it’s her new keyboard, it was shipped from a country PC store in oz

The North Bank comes screaming out of that post……love it.

Don’t agree with the A Hole bit……….David Dein was the board and the buck stopped with him.

Agree with the traitor bit though.

21. you are a total knob head. Cesc and henri left to win the champions league and their heroes. How much money did the club make selling your recent gooners. your a selling club get used to it.
    chambo and wilshere off in 2 years – 43 cup/titles won by players who have left your feeder club in the last 7 years. Losers

22. Anotherswissgooner says:

@overseas43mike
    “Cesc and henri left to win the champions league and their heroes.”
    What does that even mean?

Learn how to write before you troll on another team’s blog.
    Off you go now.

23. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

i spot a spudski!!!

now piss off

GM;

First and foremost on the list should always be Pat Rice.

Over 40 years with the club.
    Played in 397 games.
    Played in 5 FA Cup finals.
    Lifted both the FA Cup and Cup Winners Cup – as our Captain.
    Played in our 1st Doubles win and was assistant Manager on our other two.

A Complete and Total loyal Arsenal LEGEND…….The others melt into the background.

The toffee’s are stuck to the top of the table.

Who would have bet on that?

26. evonne says:

I have my money on Stoke. Oliver and Hazard have never come accross anything like Stoke in their lives, they are in for a cultural shock :) Welcome to UK lads :)

27. evonne says:

GN5 – excellent call on Pat Rice, thank you very much for the reminder

Good call on Pat Rice, GN5

It’s easy to pick out players when the going was good but in the sixties and a lot of the seventies we had real heroes win lose or draw.

Charlie George most probably the North Bank all time favourite, a kid who stood on those terraces, pity he and Bertie Mee didn’t see eye to eye .

One of my favorite unassuming players was Peter Simpson, having a drag on his fag and stubbing it out as the players emerged from the tunnel at half time.

Bob Wilson, not the greatest keeper,but brave,and a gentleman and charismatic and still to this day he is proud of his Arsenal roots.

Liam Brady a pure magician

Evonne,

It’s so easy to let great goals, style, technique and even kind words blur our memories but for me Pat Rice was an exemplary player, coach and asst manager.

30. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Ivanovic taking diving lessons from Torres?

He needs a bit of work. haha. pathetic

50 million for Torres and the press are all slating Giroud that he hasn’t scored in 2 full games and a bit part.

Have a look at our BLOGROLL when you have a chance Rasp, many are now defunct.

33. Thanks for all the comments. I know I missed out a lot and I expected most people to disagree on Cesc. The person who called me a knob head. Flattery will get you everywhere darling! :)
    I won’t disagree with anything you said but I can’t see what it has to do with the post. I presume you mean Henry and not Henri as I doubt Lansbury is going to win the CL for a while. LB funny you mentioned the North Bank as I’ve never even been there :)

Can’t wait til tomorrow. Bring it on!

34. Someone mentioned on Twitter that Freddie will be on MOTD2 tomorrow.

35. evonne says:

come on potters, you’ve always managed to mess our games up you dirty northern boys

36. evonne says:

RA – sometimes I am glad I’m not a native, like now, can watch Chavs on Polish TV :)

37. reddawn says:

Gunner N5…. you old cad! I was going to write exactly the same about Pat Rice. Well done.

38. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

i see that R.Di Matteo has the same problem as red nose- ‘chewing cow disease’- only R.dM’s isnt as advanced as fergiescums. His only comes on in patches when the team is struggling.

Right now his jaw is going ballistic…hillourious..

Abramobitch must have him by the short and curley’s.

Come on Torres…another clean sheet :-)

39. glic says:

Hi AAers
    I haven`t been around for a while ( apart from a brief thumbs up for Totals new site ), my mind has been elsewhere with the birth of my Grandson. He was born 10 weeks premature ( 3lb 8 ozs ) and has more wires coming out of him than Stephen Hawking`s lap top. He has another possible 9 weeks in The High Dependancy Unit. I`ve never seen such a fragile looking bundle of gorgeousness in my life and just thinking about him brings a lump to my throat, but he is in the best place.
    I have been to scared to even think about nice thing`s or even try to laugh at anything as it bring`s on a guilty feeling. Anyone who knows me will know this is hard as I dont do ” Miserable Bastard “, If you haven`t guessed it by now and I`m putting it mildly, I`m a happy go lucky sort of person.
    Anyway, touch wood and everything crossed he will pull through it all and take his place along side me and my son at the Emirates in a few years time, which will be a battle as my Son-in-law is an ardent Argyle supporter, I like my odds though !.
    On to the post, great post gm.
    I should imagine most players dont support the team they play for, so in a way, I cant call some traitors, just money mercenaries . The ones like Cole and RVP who say they are supporters and then slip the knife in, well I dont know what to say ?, there must be a word more fitting than just traitors. Turd Tunnel Transgressors ?.
    One name I would like to add as Legend. Geordie Armstrong, he died whilst working for the Club, which I`m sure he loved ( according to Wiki, he has a pitch named after him at London Colney Training Ground ).

GM

You were never in the North Bank…….I am lost for words, save to say you missed a great experience.

41. evonne says:

Chavs haven’t got plan B ha ha ha

42. evonne says:

PPP – clean sheet for Torres :)

43. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

hey GLiC,
    be strong mate..in my thoughts and my prayers..

back later

44. evonne says:

Glic – sorry I missed your comment. The lad is going to be ok, don’t you worry! xx

GLIC,

I echo what PPP has just said.

46. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Hi Evonne :-),

to be fair, i think Chelsea have more than a few danger men who can change a game on their day.. most of us here seemed quite content with a score-less draw against stoke.. i believe they will be fighting at the end with us and city..We need stoke to injure a few for our following game against the chavs

47. I’m an armchair plastic fan LB

48. I feel a bit dirty wanting stoke to win

49. Villa are doing well :)

Victor Moses has come on bundles in two years since he was at Palace, very impressed as for Torres let’s do a swap with Walcott, he would do well in our system

51. evonne says:

GM – SToke are not trying to win, they are up for the 5th draw this season :)

PPP – oh yeah, some of their players are awesome, but you cannot beat Tony Pullis that with quality :)

52. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Agree Kelsey and good call on the swap, though i doubt it. Abramovics’ ego will not let him sell..

@GM, feel the same about stoke winning. its all about who is more likely to rival us to the title..i hate them both, but for different reasons

53. chavs don’t look that good

54. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

i can see fat fwank moving to the MLS in the states in the next season or so..

He will love it there as the pies are bigger :-)

55. Stoke are playing ok. Shame about their crossing

56. evonne says:

bloody Ca$hley :(

57. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

10 men went to bed, went to bed with…….

58. fucking bumhole scored. what has he done with his hair?

59. 10 men and a mobile phone

60. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

he and clichy go to the same hairdresser

61. Red Arse says:

Hi Evonne, :-)

I’m not Polish, mate, but I am watching the Chav’s game too! :-)

62. Red Arse says:

Congratulations to you and your family, Glicster, I am very happy for you!! :-)

63. evonne says:

you should see Shawcross going beserk with the ref because his teammate was fauled!! Dirty bastard

64. evonne says:

RA – no, you is a Yank :)

65. Congratulations glic :)

66. can’t stand rdm. budgie faced little twat

67. evonne says:

GM – Ca$hley looks like a labradoodle – cross between a Labrador and a poodle

evonne
    Cashley looks like a wankunt – cross between a… well, you work it out.

GLIC
    I’m sure it’s all going to be fine mate. Believe it or not, in this day and age 3lb 8oz is a decent weight for a newborn. A mate of mine and his wife had a baby 12 weeks premature weighing less than three pounds. That was 10 years ago and she’s now a lovely kid.
    Anyway, wishing all the best to you and your family.

GM
    Brilliant idea for an article and a great fun read (also I love the comments name checking people like Pat Rice, Charlie G, Charlie N, Bob Wilson etc).

I’m disappointed with BSR but I can’t get too worked up about him (or Cesc). I have zero time/tolerance for Cashley, Na$ri and Barndoor).

69. evonne says:

Rocky – no idea what wankunt means :)

Song’s departure didn’t seem to bother anyone too much. It’s the ones that we love the most that hurt us hardest. But what van Per$ie did,ie going to ManU is the scum of the le scum, worst ever

70. glic
    My son was 5 weeks early and weighed a similar amount. If your Daughter had gone full term she would have had a 2 stone baby. 3lb 8 oz is a good weight. One of my staff’s sisters had a 1ib baby much earlier than yours and she’s fine. Is it your first grandchild?

71. glic says:

Thank you all. I`m a bit of a soppy sensitive gooner and your commments are of great help.
    gm, the boy is my second, I have a grandaughter who is 4 years old, I get her to sing Arsenal song`s when her dad comes in to pick her up !. :).

72. evonne says:

my friend had a full term baby, lovely delievery, breast fed, all the trimmings and the little bastard grew up to be spurs supporter, you can never tell

73. my brother did too evonne

74. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

You don’t know what a wankunt is? That is not cool! :-)

When you find out let me know, please!

Knowing about Rocky’s liking for both football and crossword clues, I think it is a combined word!! Yep – that’ll do it.

— ‘wan’ means pale.
    —- Kunt is a turkish footballer, Baracan Kunt who Rocky obviously thinks we will buy in January!

Not sure what that has to do with Cole, but it also a name that all the Kardashian women are called. It’s also a radio station in the US – not sure how the Rock would know that.

He is such a show off that Rock man. :-)

75. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Park has scored for celta de vigo..His stocks rise..

Hip hip hooray!!!!

@Micky,
    I bet you Big Raddy’s lucky socks that Park scores more than Chamach this season (excluding cups) :-)

76. goonerjake says:

For me!

Adams-Goonner
    Bergy- Top-Gooner
    Henry-Gooner
    Perry- Gooner
    Keown/pies/dicko/lungberg all gooners
    Pat Rice/charlie george/chapagne charlie/ life members(others above will qualify in time)
    Arsenal Arsenal (everyone on it TOP GOONERS!)

77. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

ping pong, corporal and merts- all gooners

78. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

davor suker- sub contractor :-)

79. Red Arse says:

Big Al,

Are you the self same ‘Big Al’ who writes some brilliant Posts on A Cultured Left Foot (aka ACLF)?

If so, it would be great to have one of your Posts on here. (I have absolutely sod all to do with the Admin/Ownership of AA – but I likes what I likes!)

Of course, if you are not the esteemed ACLF Big Al, I hope, by all means, keep blogging on here! :-)

80. Red Arse says:

Insert — ‘you will’ keep blogging on here! :-)

81. Red Arse says:

As there appears to be a grand lack of comments on t’site, I will engage myself in some deeply meaningful discourse.

RA, could you say what language, in your opinion, is the most difficult to learn? Russian? Japanese? English? What say you?

Well, Red Arse, me old alter ego, I could not give a monkeys. The persons who would best be able to answer that question would be GM, a talented Japanese speaker or GLIC who is almost expert in Cornish!! :-)

RA, has anyone ever told you that you are a Kunt?

Red Arse, dunno mate — have to ask Evonne — she called me something like ‘muschi’ which might be cockney slang which she is fluent in, or it could have been a Polish word ‘kiciuś’ — who knows.

I have been called an arse tho’! :-)

RA, you are a boring fart — good night.

Red Arse that’s charming – good night to you too – bastard!!!

Red Arse,

You are obviously not giving the blog your full attention.

I asked Big Al the same question 24 hours ago, darling.

Great post, GM.

I thought you were going to say that Na$ri was a gooner for life because you always seem to pay him more respect than bsr and cesc. :)

84. jnyc says:

Fun article michael.

85. Nasri came and went chas. No one really says he was ever a gooner. bsr talked about being a gooner all the time and cesc still talks about us.

86. Total says:

Nice post GM and no surprises re who you rate and despise! :)

For me there are mercenaries and there are club players, and to a certain extent, we need them both in order to be successful. But what I hate is when a player pretends to be a club player and to really love the club, only to leave us as at the first opportunity for money, and to a bitter rival as well. We all know which players fall into that category.

no no GM, Robins not scum, he just needs help.

The police are after me so i have to wear a Groucho Marks mask, Seems to have done the trick

For the past month have been living in my Ford Fiest. Worked out that the postman parks about 200 yards from the house and starts doing his rounds so waited for him to come out of his van, hit him with a rubber cosh, tied and gagged him and nicked his uniform.

Got past gate security, took out my special delivery from the van and knocked on robins door.

Bickle – “Hi Mr Van Pussie, i have a delivery for you”.

Robin – “Ok, bloddy hell,you look like Grouch Marx, and what is it? Looks like a man wrapped under all that packaging”

Bickle – “I have to come in and watch you unwrap it Pussie, its the rules”

Robin – “What? and what did you call me”?

Bickle- “i have to come in, its the rules”

Robin- “errr ok”

We went into Robins living room. I noticed a massive nude portrait of himself surrounded by fruit hanging on the wall. He started to unwrap the package.

Robin – ” Bloody hell man,what the f**k, its a rubber dummy of Arsene Wenger

Bickle – “Yes, he looks so serene and content dosnt he. Hes agreed to help me help you, wonderful isnt it Robin”

Robin – “Your that f*****g Bickle nutter arnt you. Your bloody crazy man ime calling security, SECURITY SECURITY”

Bickle – “Dont do that Pussie, me and Arsene are just trying to help you. Dont force me to use this rubber cosh and wig, Arsene dosnt like violence”

After a struggle, i managed to smack Robin with Arsene, then tied him up and gagged him wiith my wig, tying Arsene next to him.

Bickle – “You see Robin, me and Arsene understand you. These others dont, calling you bad names and things. We just want to help you repent and see the error of your ways. Whats that arsene? he dosnt deserve our love? hes trash and a p***k ? No Arsene, we have to help him. Hes 29 and needed the money. Whats that arsene, hes shit anyway and you wanted him out?, no arsene, we can help him.”

After about an hour security were busting the door down so i had to sneak out of the window

I wont give up. Robins needs saving, i can help him. And i want my wig back.

88. oz gunner says:

goodluck GLIC all the best, I’m sure you’ll be teaching him the GLIC way of the world in no time

89. Rhyle says:

GM…good work! So many former Arsenal players flatter to deceive with their love for the club, but 99% of those mentioned above are the real deal.

The only one I’m not sure of is Wrighty – think his last 3 years (Rioch onwards) soured his time with the club, and he’s never forgiven Wenger for not signing Sean WP…he’ll always love us gooners, but he’s been very critical of the club ever since…tough one to call…I’d give ‘im the benefit of the doubt too!

Lauren – always a gooner. Spud I work with was in the same hotel in Spain as him and his family last year, kid was wearing an Arsenal top a lot. Watched a bit of football together in the bar, still speaks very highly of the club apparently…and that was coming from a dude who’s not ashamed of the fact that he has a huge cock tattooed on his arm.

90. Rhyle
    If you haven’t watched it watch Wright on “nothing to something” on you tube. I think he loves Arsenal but doesn’t like Wenger. I don’t take much of what he or Ta says seriously.

I finished game of thrones. can’t wait for the next series.

91. Rhyle says:

Top gooner Paul Kaye is the next series of Game of Thrones, GM…another reason to watch it!

GM
    Have you just watched series 1 or 2?

By the way, the books are fantastic.

93. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

This talk about Wrighty loving the club and not Wenger has got me thinking.. Hes not the only one.. There are many lurking in the shadows, who doubt, and are waiting to pounce on any mistakes that Wenger makes both on and off the pitch..

Stewart Robson was on ESPN Fc the other night eating humble pie but basically saying that its Steve Boulds influence that has transformed us..whilst giving an opinion that Wenger has learnt from his errors ? What errors? After seeing Ramsey transformed in less than a season, surely the players take 50% of the blame?

I think Rocky wrote a post in which he asked the question “will we win silverware and the title, under Wenger again?”.. We were struggling at the time… and the answer is simply YES..

Watch out Shitty, we have nothing to lose and we’re coming to get you!!

Arsenal F.C- You rock my world!!

COYRRG

Glic,
    Congratulations on becoming a Grandfather again, and really sorry to hear you have all hd the terrible worry to deal with.
    Thankfully, it sounds as though the little Fella is over the big worry of the first 48 hrs and is well on his way to Seriously Handsomeness!

GM,
    Thinking Provoker of a post. Thanks.
    Technically, if you don’t grow up obsessed by all things Arsenal, you are not a Gooner.
    However, you can aquire strong Arsenaldomness.
    We know about Jenks and Charlie George.
    We then know about the greatest servants. Rice, Adams etc.
    What I would love to hear more than anything is an answer to your question from one of those guys. Would be interesting indeed.
    Who would TA regard as reall Arsenal men from his time at the club.
    I reckon there would be some fairly surprising answers.

Match Day, Match Day, Match Day, Match Day, Match Day :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

The City defence has been a little wobbly, but I have not seen any of their conceded goals, so have no idea which of our attacking combos would most likely upset them.
    Gerv Pod Ox, or Pod, OG, Gerv ?

I do wish you lot would grow up. Just because it was saturday night, does not mean you absolutely have to get ripped to the tits, eat kebabs and get ill!

Morning.

I like the idea of player becoming fans like TH14. Anders Limpar is a big Gooner and I guess many of the unsung players have remained fans.

But if you repeatedly ask questions of Wright or TA and expect an honest answer, then they are correct in saying the club lost infield direction after TA. Doesn’t stop them being Gooners.

Nasri wasn’t an Arsenal man, he was a mercenary, but what of Clichy? He loved the Arsenal and so did Kolo.

As to PV4. Well, I cannot agree with GM. Had AFC offered him the same position at his favourite club he would be being groomed as the inheritor of AW’s club. He is paid enormously to promote MC so it cannot be a surprise that he does his job to the best of his ability which includes being less than polte about The Arsenal.

Right …. back to the PM which will be a stretch considering I spent last night drinking cocktails and dancing at Tivoli Gardens

100. evonne says:

Phew, relief, Raddy is up :)

101. evonne says:

Kolo and Clichy? And Song? Neither heros nor villains; did an excellent job for us and then moved on. I think it was a pretty amicable divorce

102. evonne says:

Why Shiity or Chavs didn’t buy Messi yet?

103. evonne says:

Arsenal in the community on BBC news now

104. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Morning all, looks like the young kid Nastasic will start for shitty.

105. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

hi Evonne,

he was signed in the summer for 10 and was swapped with Savic. He started against Madrid and didnt do too bad (if you call leaking in 3 goals ‘not too bad’).

Theyre saying he will start ahead of Lescott..

All i see is Poldi being on fire…

106. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Did anyone see that Park scored with his first touch on debut for celta vigo…Ahh Arsene…the one that got away, eh? ;-)

107. evonne says:

thanks PPP, never heard of him
    Late night for you today? I’m very nervous, as usual, are you?

108. evonne says:

Whoooo? Park? Never heard of him :)
    I thought he never existed, invented to sell shirts in Asia

109. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

No, we have NOTHING to lose.. Unleash the guns i say.. More pressure on them at home..

110. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

i loved this post..
    i mean everytime you refresh the page- Can you ever get tired of seeing Dennis’ face? :-)

111. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Heres a question for the breakfast crew?

If Spain played with their B team with Santi and Artetettta and a whole host of reserves like Llorente, pedro, Javi Martinez, Navas etc

Would they be genuine contenders?

112. Red Arse says:

Hi PPP, :-)

Only if they can incorporate a short order delicate paella along with the bacon, eggs, tomatoes, grits, toast and strong black coffee!! :-)

Contenders for what? The EPL, yes, the World Cup, yes, The Euros, yes, the CL, yes but for La Liga I would say no.

Morning PPP

Did Park get sold to Vigo or is he just out there on loan?

You’re probably right about PV Raddy. The post was meant to get opinions. i’m just a poor hairdresser :) I’m trying to imagine you dancing now lol

116. evonne says:

ahhhh, just look who crawled out from behind a sofa :)

117. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Morning Redders and LB, :-)

I believe it was on a season long loan..

There was more good news that i awoke to ( not that i should laugh at others misfortunes) and that is that Rafael van der Faarts Hamburg have stopped Borussia Dortmund in their quest to beat our invicible record..Losing 3-2 an end of 31 games undefeated..

Close but no cigar :-)

118. He’s on loan LB. I’ll never understand his signing unless someone writes a book and tells it how it is/was. I find it funny how people have called him useless when he scores regularly for his country, scored in the CC, and scored a few for the reserves. He only ever played for a few minutes in the home loss to the mancs. He’s a great finisher.

Signing him made us less popular in Korea so if it was shirts or sponsorships it backfired.

Morning all.

Early days but Everton look good but don’t have depth in squad.

Not sure about the line up today. Will Kos play ? Walcott on the bench ?

Anyway I stick to my proven theory :) we kick left to right (as if it were clock end ) to start and we win by the odd goal.

On a more serious note my daughter is back in hospital so I will most likely miss the game.

I believe Park is on loan

GM- it was a big band night. First I had ever been to and everyone was jitterbugging…. new to me but loads of fun

121. how many are Juve on? Have they lost yet?

Morning GM

How has it made us less popular in Korea, I don’t understand?

123. Red Arse says:

Hi Kelsey, :-)

As one mop head to another, I had, in fact, noticed your comment to Big Al, and had also noticed he did not reply. He hasn’t replied to me either! :-)

Hi GM, :-)

Obviously a typo there. Putting the adjective ‘poor’ in juxtaposition with [famous] ‘hairdresser’ is an oxymoron. You are all rich b………. :-)

124. Apparently Koreans were pissed off that we bought him and left him in the reserves. Darren on twitter (who seems to know quite a lot about the club) said we had to cancel a friendly in Seoul in the summer because of the bad feeling.

125. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

GM,
    great call on Juve, ill have to check, im sure they went last season undefeated..

126. Raddy was jitterbugging :)

Sorry to hear about your daughter Kelsey

127. They did PPP.
    according to wiki they are on 42 but I don’t know if it’s up to date

128. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Likewise Kelsey, hope all goes well..

Kelsey, I have to disagree with Everton and lack of depth. They won 3-0 without theyre lead striker who is out (jelavic), and their new signing has opened his account (mirallas) and i thought selling Rodwell and Cahill was a mistake.. and their defence is always up for it.. On the plus side for the toffees, they usually start the season slowly but this season is different.. I consider them tougher than your of Stokes and Sunderlands

129. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

We should send out our Chefs to Turin to whip up some gourmet lasagna….

getting my coat :-)

130. shitty haven’t lost at home for ages. I’m really looking forward to the game

131. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

GM,
    there are heaps of teams who have gone way longer unbeaten (like that sheriff toiletroll team on 68-or something) yet they harp on about ours (and rightly so!)
    Maybe its the big 4 leagues or something?

i Love big games.. We are facing them away at the right time, although Jack would be a handy inclusion :-)

132. Raddy – are you there? I’m just reading the post and there are a couple of strange things in there, have you got time to have a look?

Man City lost away to Real Madrid and ‘Theo new kid maturity’???????

133. kelsey – sorry to hear about your daughter, hope things improve soon xx

134. evonne says:

Peaches – Raddy did say he was on the p*ss last night :)

135. glic – many congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your teeeny tiny grandson, best wishes for all to be well with him and your daughter xx

136. That explains it evonne :)

There are 10 hills leading up to Hampsted I am going to climb them. I will also add the Alexander Palace loop, Muswell hill is my favorite. climb. It takes two hours, plus coffee in Highgate Village, so much better than going to a gym.

See ya later.

138. Raddy – I’ve changed draws to games, but can’t work out the Theo bit :oops:

139. I’m looking forward to Raddy’s PM as much as the game :)

140. Have a great ride LB :)

141. ………. and Marty has too many words :(

142. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Enjoy LB, ill have a beer for both of us!

Can’t change the Marty – shame it was an informative caption. Can it be moved mid -post?

Just 2 letters changed the Theo comment but to by – crap proof reading from BR

p.s. I love the pic of DB10

144. Ok Raddy, you can go back to bed now :)

Morning all ….