The problem with refereeing – A SIMPLE SOLUTION

I have read countless commentaries, posts, even complete blogs dedicated to finding a way to ¨fix¨ what is ¨wrong¨ with modern Football. Apparently many of the proposed solutions all have one thing in common and that is their requirement to either change or adapt the Laws of the Game in order to ¨improve¨ the likelihood of fairness and ¨eliminate¨ the hazards of referee incompetence,bias or poor form and to promote a more ¨level¨playing field.

While this paradigm may have some merit, the focus of my post is to suggest that, before changing anything, we need to enforce one simple solution that would create the groundwork needed to make a big difference in how the game is played. That solution is to apply the Laws as they were meant to be applied and to enforce them within the powers accorded to the officials. Doing this will ensure that players begin to respect the spirit of the Laws and not just the letter, recognize the authority and primacy of the referee in applying those Laws and begin to realize that diving, cheating, harassing and play-acting are NOT acceptable grey areas and loopholes in today’s Game.

Let me provide some basic examples of how the officials fail to enforce the basic Laws and permit a certain laissez-faire attitude to infiltrate the Game:

1) Free kicks – as most Football lovers know, a direct or indirect free kick requires that the offending team must keep a minimum of 10 metres from the ball unless the team awarded the kick chooses to take it quickly and without the referee’s signal (or it is in the goal area) and the ball cannot be moved away from the original spot where the foul occurred, yet this happens ALL the time. When I hear the idiots at EUFA and FIFA whine about video replays taking too much time, yet they tolerate the referees being forced to spend up to 2 minutes or more to setup the 10 metre distance like a parking attendant aligning cars, then I ask where the problem is! Most referees try and enforce the Law and punish encroachment but many just let the kick be taken to get play on. We do need to see officials enforce the 10 metre rule as they do for a penalty.

2) Corner kicks – How many times does the kicker place the ball over the corner circle,despite the linesman being right there? Out of 18 corner kicks I have seen taken during the Euros only 2 were properly placed. It isn’t the 2 inches they gain that makes a difference, it is the flaunting of the Law with the officials turning a blind eye that makes the difference.

3) The kick-off at the start of each half or after a goal often sees the team with the ball having a player half way over the centre-line, yet that is not permitted. The referee is right there and just turns a blind eye.

4) The referee calls a foul and suddenly he is surrounded by half a dozen players, usually from the offending team , harassing him (her) and trying to get their 2 cents worth in. Barcelona are famous for this and have made it a new art form called the Catalan cacophony!

5) Players taking throw-ins are another embarrassment. I watched 8 players in the Euros take illegal throw-ins and the linesmen and referee NEVER signalled an infringement!

6) My all-time favourite infringement, that is rarely called, is the dual foul of shirt-pulling and holding. Players in their penalty area, particularly on free kicks and corners, seem to want to exchange jerseys or get up close and personal with their opponents, whether the referee is watching or not, as the case may be. I have, as yet, to see a foul consistently awarded by any official for this clear infringement yet it is a serious foul at any time and anywhere on the field.

7) The goalkeepers seem not to have heard that they have a time limit to get rid of the ball once it is in their hands! I counted 4 different keepers in the Euros taking more than 15 seconds to release the ball into play! If they want to waste time, they can put the ball down and play it like any other teammate but they know the referee won’t hassle them if they saunter around holding the ball so they take forever to get in back into play.

8) I am getting tired of watching grown adult ¨professional¨ Footballers becoming drama queens when they get a tap on the ankle or the shin. They roll around and thump the ground like they were recently run over by a steamroller yet less than a minute later they are up and running like demons. This play acting should be restricted to the stage and punished for bringing the game into disrepute when it is clearly exaggerated.

I could go on but I think you all get the point? Officials and FIFA have the power to reduce or eliminate these breaches of the Law yet they permit such gamesmanship, all in the name of getting on with play or avoiding nitpicking. I remember when I spoke to Sir Stanley Rous at a dinner in honour of my country’s 100th anniversary in Football and what he said has remained with me to this day: ¨A good referee is firm but fair and applies the Laws of the Game with equal care to the letter AND the spirit of such Laws¨. We need more ¨good¨ referees don’t you think?

Written by weedonald

Thanks to weedonald for today’s post. The internet is populated by self appointed experts, but today’s author is eminently qualified to talk about the art of refereeing. Here is a brief résumé of his history relating to football:

With 50 years of involvement in Football at all levels, international, national and local as a referee, coach and organizer/administrator, I am a total addict. My profession as a school psychologist and later as a consultant in Human Resources, afforded me the time to get involved and stay active until my retirement in 2010. When my wife permits it, I still love to volunteer coaching little kids and to officiate the occasional match as well. I was involved a great deal in women’s soccer and was one of two in my country to create the first adult women’s league in my province. I am certified as a Class C Coach and a national referee as was also an NASL official for 5 years. I adore the Arsenal and consider Wenger, under the circumstances , to be the penultimate manager of any professional team in Europe. I also like the game Barcelona play on the field but less so off it. My nickname comes from my mother who was born in Scotland and always called me weedonald while calling my twin brother an unprintable acronym.

192 Responses to The problem with refereeing – A SIMPLE SOLUTION

1. Aix says:

Heartfelt plea and so true. Good post

Brilliant Weedonald.
    This is the first time I’ve read a Ref-related post, which is incredible really when you consider how important the man-in-black is in ensuring a good flowing game.
    We’ve all heard the “can’t it be like Rugby” stuff, and I agree with that. Only Captain is allowed to speak to Ref, and just send Rooney off. For nothing.

3. Aix says:

I also get peeved by players standing in front of the ball after fouls stopping the frrekick been taken quickly .

other points are forwards running into the corner near the end of matches, or defenders letting the ball run out of play on their goal line and both types holding off the other side by blocking them or holding thier shirts often yards from the ball .
    Obstruction or whatever its now called seems to have disappeared from the game.

Appealing for yellows by waving thier hand with an imaginry card.

4. Scott says:

I remember refereeing a game years ago.
    I made a call,a player came and grabbed me so I sent the bastard off.
    It’s the one thing I loathe seeing…intimidation of refs.
    Any player touching a referee sould be sent off and suspended for 6 weeks.
    Any player except the captain approaching a referee should be yellow carded.

5. Slimgingergooner says:

Points 1,2,3,5 and 7 are all pretty minimal offences in the game and don’t really take too much away from football as a spectacle. The other 3 however need stamping out as they are part of the problem that is ruining the game.

Firstly, the harassing of the referee. If you ever watch Rugby League you will see that players have total respect for referees, calling them Sir most of the team. Only the captain is allowed to question a decision and even that has to be done with respect. This works because of a few things, a) the referees have the aid of video technology so manage to get the big calls right more often than not b) any player seen harassing is usually dealt with by the RFL authorities in a harsh manner and c) most importantly it’s very rare that you see media coverage of how a referee has made a dreadful mistake on the field. The coverage of referees from the media is terrible and it makes it ok for pundits and players to abuse the ref. this needs to change.

The second point that needs looking at is the pulling of shirts at corners etc. I think it’s pretty straight forward to suggest that this can only be stamped out if the ref starts giving the decision. There are now 2 refs at either end of the field watching for this sort of thing, but they have to be backed by the governing bodies otherwise they will be too scared to make a big decision that could cost someone a penalty. The refs need to be backed on this one for it to happen.

The third thing is the most worrying, and it’s the blatant diving and play acting. The dive has been around for years, but it’s the needless roll around afterwards that is getting out of hand. It slows the game down and there is just no need for it. It’s a difficult one to solve but I think there should be a team who look at games retrospectively and give cards for those who have blatently play acted after the game, maybe on some point based system ie 3 dives = a yellow. It’s very difficult but it’s the players who need to have a look at themselves in order for this to end. Im sure that it would stop if a penalty was given to the opposition everyone someone dived, but that won’t happen! The punishment for diving is nowhere near the same as the gain that can be made during a game, and that inbalance needs to be looked at IMO.

Interesting article.

6. Scott says:

Basically,we don’t need any major rule changes,just refs with the balls to enforce the rules already in place.
    Award a free kick,a player stand next to the ball….good,the ref doesn’t have to walk too far to show him the yellow card!!!
    Players are bloody prima donnas now,they’re put on a pedestal by clubs,agents and fans alike,and get away with blue murder.

7. Rhyle says:

Good read. You’ve highlighted some of the frustrating, niggly things that are prevalent in the game…if the refs are turning a blind eye, why have the rule at all?

I remember Liverpool making the “Catalan Cacophony” an art form in the ’80’s…teams do it ‘cos it works.

Anyone taking a foul throw should be fined a weeks wages!

8. Scott says:

Divers should be suspended for 12 months.
    It will stop very,very quickly.

9. Sam says:

Remember the BirminghamMU game of 02-03 season .The Mu gk brought down a Blues player .Being the last player/defender he shd have been off.A yc was given.To rub salt into Arsenal’s wound,he saved the spot kick.
    This is indeed galling and the ref should have been severely reprimanded and banned from the epl.
    I won’t believe the field is level until the inconsistencies are rid off 100%.

Scott,
    A Yellow for any player other than the Skipper approaching the ref?
    Exactly what kind of wishy washy liberal are you? Its a straight Red my friend. Minimum.
    Not only would I send them off, they should be made to walk to the dugout with their shorts around their ankles.
    As for diving. Straight Red again obviously, but then make them breaststroke style on their bellies to said dugout.
    Oh what fun we spectators would have :-)

Old I know, but a classic is a classic.

12. Gooner In Exile says:

Weedonald thank you for the post, it’s hard to disagree that the enforcement of the laws would sort a number of issues in the game. As Scott says divers should also be dealt with severely which would help refs decision making if the temptation to dive has serious consequences.

Finally listening to ex pro pundits it is clear that many have completed their careers not understanding the laws of the game. So how about before a player can kick a ball competitively he must pass the refs test, managers too.

Welcome to pedants point 10 yards not 10 metres

13. Mal says:

Vgd, but two corrections.
    In first one, it is not 10 metres but 9.15 metres (10 yds).
    In the 2nd one, the Law has been changed. It was that the ball had to be WHOLLY within the quadrant for a corner kick. Now it only has to be WITHIN, which means if a fraction of the ball cuts the corner arc, the ball looks outside but it is within.
    I agree with point 7 in particular.
    Mal

Morning, thanks weedonald for an excellent and technical first post on AA. I know you have had work published elsewhere, we are delighted to have someone of your standing in the game as a contributor.

As might be expected, it has already drawn reaction from others expert in the field.

Thanks Mal and good to have you on the site.

A couple of my gripes that aren’t really down to the refs but the administrators:

Why is the side fouled against further penalised by having their player removed from the pitch to await the ref inviting them back on? Wouldn’t it be fairer if the perpetrator of the foul left the pitch as well and only returned when the injured player was ready to go back on or was subbed?

Secondly, these ridiculous subs in time added on. I’m not sure what can be done about it but it is an obvious example of the manager bending the rules to his advantage.

Lastly the time wasted by the selective use of the ‘Delap’ towel to dry the ball before long throws. The ref allows the ‘ball drier’ extra time to collect the towel, if he just stood still, he would get cautioned to get on with the game. If it is to be allowed, then both sides should have equal access – which certainly isn’t the case at Stoke. Better still, ban it and let them use their shirts.

OK, short rant over – but I’ve got plenty more :?

15. Scott says:

I hate divers,detest them.
    Dip the bastards in honey and time them over an ants nest.
    Mongrels.

16. Scott says:

Simple Rasp,no subs after the 85th minute.

17. Danny says:

We have to take into account that the modern game is much faster than games of the 60’s/70’s etc. Firstly goalkeepers can’t pick up back passes which was a major part of the game once and secondly being able to choose 3 subs out of 7 compared to the one “12th” man back then. Some people say that the game being faster makes it better, but I don’t agree. For one thing it makes it much harder for refs and linesmen to “get it right”, and also I’ve no problem with slow build ups etc. As for loads of subs, well I loathe that. Remember Radford going in goal during semi finals against Stoke?

Hi Scott, the trouble with that is that subs would still have to be allowed in the case of injury and so players would just feign injury if they knew the manager wanted to sub them.

Thanks weedonald.

There are three things that Ozil (Bug) me when it comes to refs.

The first concerns the lack of protection the refs get from the FA and Premeir league when clubs like Man Utd, led by ferguson try and induce pressure on them. We all see what happens at Old Trafford, its not corruption its a result of pressure.

The second is diving. i am sick of ex pros going on the telly and giving it “he was been clever” crap and then having the audacity to have a pop at the ref. Players and every one else involved in football should start taking some responsibility for there actions. The refs job becomes nigh on impossible when players are for use of a better word “cheating”

The third is some of the ridiculous laws laid by eufa. its crazy that in this great game of ours a player can get booked for celebrating with fans or taking his shirt off. This again makes reffering sensibly impossible. There should, in my opinion, be a pervasive overide, that refs are allowed to indulge there commen sense.

WeeDonald. Thank you for an interesting post.

I cannot understand some of these problems remain in the game. Each season the FA and Ref Assoc give instructions regarding the bullying of refs, yet nothing changes. A flurry of yellows would change this. It has changed the tackle from behind in just a couple of seasons.

Players feigning injury is not so easy to deal with during the game but such clear cheating as we have seen from Drogba and Busquets etc etc must be dealt with post-game.

What do you think about the use of video technology in the top leagues and Internationals?

21. Slimgingergooner says:

If your caught diving in the box then a penalty should be given to the opposition. Would stop immediately. At the moment, with 20 outfield players on show, there are 20 opportunities for penalties or dangerous free kicks to be won from diving with the maximum punishment being a booking each. It doesn’t add up!

22. Slimgingergooner says:

BR,

Its available in most sports now and has improved the game in the majority. Football is in the dark ages. Again, to use Rugby as an example, players are put on report for dangerous tackles etc, why can this not happen in football? It wouldn’t stop the game in any way and only takes the ref to mention an incident to the 4th official during a match for it to be looked at afterwards. How hard is that to implement!?

23. Scott says:

Ginger,is too hard for a referee to label a player as a diver,and thats what he’s doing,without doing 100% certain.
    This is where I’d love to see a video system used.
    Any player caught diving with no contact at all is gone for a year.
    Bale and Young will play about ten games in their careers.

24. Scott says:

The video ref system sucks on most rulings.
    Trust me….I’ve seen enough League games here in Oz held up only to get a decision that’s still inconclusive to know its a waste of time.
    Goal line technology….yes.
    Anything else….no.
    Video review for divers….yes.

A while ago on here some very bright spark came up with the brilliant idea that if a player was done for diving in the oppo penalty area (ie trying for a pen) then the ref could award one at the other end.
    That’d learn the divers in their own team mates eyes.

26. Nick says:

Couldn’t agree more! It’s also compounded by refs playing favorites for teams and UEFA having different sets of rules for certain teams/managers (See Barcelona).

The play acting is the most annoying to me. Seeing a grown man rolling around like he’s been set on fire for an accidental contact is ridiculous. And the Rooney flop has got to stop.

27. Scott says:

Micky,the problem is no ref would be game enough to make that call.
    Suspend them for twelve months and deduct any points won in that game….give it to the opponents.

28. weedonald says:

Thanks everyone for the excellent comments so far……Especially Mal for bringing me up to date on the latest rules and pointing out my error on the 10 yards-9.5 metres requirements. I live in a country that uses both the metric and the British measurements so am totally confused when it come to remembering what is what (especially at my advanced age-102)! I read the Laws of the Game each year to try and keep up BUT even with my experience, it is hard to keep track.
    In response to Rhyle’s great question: ¨Would be interested to hear your thoughts on away team’s first tactic when it comes to defending at the Emirates these days…time wasting. Find this is one, if not the, most frustrating forms of gamesmanship / rule manipulation as it ruins the game as a spectacle and is rarely nipped in the bud early.¨ – Time-wasting is another one of those niggling grey areas that officials seem very hesitant to punish since the Law is very specific about what it is, usually focussing on the keeper. Basically any player with the ball at his/her feet can keep it there until dispossessed or releasing it voluntarily. Technically a guy like Ronaldo, who has superb ball control, could hold it up for half and hour given the opportunity and that is entirely within the Laws. However winning teams tend to kick the ball into the stands near the end of the game, take twice as long to substitute a player, place the corner or take the free kick or throw-in. Perhaps the best solution would be to have time limits on each activity?
    I am sorry to say it but the problem isn’t the number and variety of the Laws but the officials refusing to apply them firmly and fairly. I point the finger directly at the FA and PGMOL (EPL ref’s) and FIFA for failing to insist that officials find the courage to handle the game like they should.
    By the way, those bloggers who say they want officials to grow a pair, forget that we have a lost of female officials now, so lets another analogy please.

29. weedonald says:

Get it right…..already been corrected but they didn’t have bicycles back when Christ lived….be nice, nice is good!

30. Mal says:

WEEDONALD – good debate created.
    If you, or anyone else, want my weekly Newsletter for referees, please email me. It goes to thousands worldwide.
    I will send you last week’s and this week’s beingfinalised this afternoon.Just email me.

malref@yahoo.co.uk

31. glic says:

Afternoon all.

weedonald & mal, can you both admit that referees are a strange bunch hehehe, I mean strange in a good way of course. I have a good mate who refs in the Edmonton league and having watched a few of his games, apart from the fitness benefits, i cannot for the life of me see why people would bother with the abuse and hassle the role brings. Go on admit it, your strange, but in a nice way. hehehehe

as soon as the word strange is uttered up pops Cornwall. hehehe

34. Red Arse says:

Now that is strangely not strange, Terrym. :-)

35. Red Arse says:

Good and interesting Post weedonald. :-)

That’s a long name, is it OK to shorten it to say, ‘weed’? [no disrespect intended] :-)

Now Redders appears, how strange.hahaha

37. glic says:

Very interesting post weedonald.
    I would give Referees a Taser for anyone who surrounds the Reff`, with different settings. Top setting would be the Manu one, which would inflict Rio and co into a rendition of the ministry of silly walks. Bottom setting would be the Arsenal one, just a pleasant grin on the “boat”.
    I would also go for Jock straps to be lined with an electric shock capacity, anyone encroaching within 10 yards of a free kick will automatically be zapped and will not be out partying that night !. ( yes , I know, some nameless ones will get a kick out of having their Hamptons electrocuted . Not as bad as my other alternative of Hanging by the Hampton, please no cries of bring back Hanging ! )
    Simple but effective !.

38. glic says:

Hi guys :lol:

39. Red Arse says:

OK, that is strange! :-)

You had a good point Terry re ex-professional footballers complaining about refs “not picking up on that foul”, and then later saying “it was a penalty – he touched him”.

Touching a player by inserting a finger in his eye, OK, penalty — touching a player by inserting a finger in his ‘you know what’, OK, again, a penalty — but touching a player on the shoulder making him go down as if pole axed makes that a nonsense comment – are you reading this Andy Gray?

40. Red Arse says:

Hi Glicster, :-)

You and Micky are obviously woolly minded liberals with your namby pamby punishments.

If a foul irritates the crowd because they can see the player is cheating, the punisment should be castration. With anaesthetic if it is not too bad a dive, without if it is Ashley Young.

Excelent suggestion Redders, that would stop the diving for sure. Many moons ago i played in the same sunday team as this guy who got kneed in the privates. Unfortuniatly the poor geeezer lost a ball. He was never the same after that, becoming very laid back. He also changed physicaly, never seemed as though he nedded a shave etc, lack of testerone i guess. Can be a dangerous game football.

42. glic says:

I`m thinking of only employing Gooners for jobs.
    As I said the other day, My puppies groomer is a Gooner , My window cleaner is a Gooner, The man came around to fix my Sky is a Gooner. Anyone who comes around for a quote now is first asked ,” what team do you support ?”.
    I feel sorry for some of you who have spud relatives. Sorry, but they should be Tasered. If by chance you happen to be married to one, then you really are a glutton for punishment and you too should be tasered , BRING BACK HANGING !, who said that ?.
    If I was in a night club and the only two girls on offer were Shakira and Heather Trott and I found out Shakira was a spud and Trott was a Gooner, then I would say , ” Oi, Shakira sling your hook” and go over to Trott ( even though she`s dead and a Zombie ) and say, ” come on Trott lets make some beautiful baby Zombies “!.
    Now that is what I call being a proper Gooner, take some of that !.

BRING BACK HANGING !, wtf, If I catch you , you will be Tasered !.

43. glic says:

You may be evil Redders but would you put your life on the line and marry Trott ?

44. glic says:

Is It true that if go for the castration treatment you will not lose your hair ( something to do with a lot less testerone ), thought I read it somewhere. Easy Terry, but hey you`ve already lost a few marbles, two more , will it be such a loss ?. :)

45. Red Arse says:

Glic,

I have no idea who Heather Trott is.

Have you a problem with your hearing? All these folk who tell you they are Gooners, actually say they are ‘Mooners’. You are in Cornwall and these poor peeps must have been so disappointed when you started talking footie with them! :-)

BTW, you do realise that you, Terrym and me chatting on here run the risk of capital punishment, so we need to keep it clean. :-)

46. glic says:

Redders :)
    Heather Trott was the big lump in Eastenders who got killed, think Demis Rousos with out the beard or Usmanov with a beard !. :)

47. Red Arse says:

Glic,

What does that say about TeryM? :-) And his syrup?

Did you know, ‘Arry wanted the syrup (not Terry) to open an account for him in Greece in the name of A. Syrup, Esq. apparently it speaks the lingo like………………..well like a syrup.
    Harry then got the sack because this all came to a head.

Hey wait a minute – I have a mop of hair — are you saying I am short in the testosterone department?

48. glic says:

It`s ok Redders they`re your balls not marbles ! :)
    I thought ‘arry was in Greece for his new appointment of Greek finance minister,……….Hades Redknapp !. ” right , how much a Greek urn ” ?.

49. Red Arse says:

Going back to weedonald’s Post. It is interesting that his views reflect those of the ordinary fan, even tho’ he reffed for years.

Whenever I hear or read Dermot Thingamebob, or some other refereeing spokesman ‘explain’ controversial decisions (or non decisions) they always have weasel words to rationalise it; i.e. they (the refs) are never wrong.

50. evonne says:

Wee – great post, well done!
    Very difficult subject and you tackled it head on. In my opinion, you cannot stop human errors; if you employ technology some of the ‘tradition/culture’ will disappear. And whom will we blame if we lose at Old Trafford??

51. weedonald says:

Castration…hanging…..tasering…….electroshock to the gonads!!!! What about the managers? And here i though this was a serious blog :))))
    As far as technology goes, I am a very big fan of anything that will speed up the decision-making process, help prevent serious errors on the officials part and bring more fairness to the Game…so I guess I’ll never be welcome in SAF’s home!
    That said,I would start with requiring all professionals to pass a written and practical Laws of the Game test just like the officials do and to obtain at least 80% correct in order to obtain their professional player’s license. would also like them to register as referees and do some lower league,amateur games in order to appreciate the difficulty of officiating, even at the kiddies level (parents cursing, whining, threatening, harassing).that would be better than the castration etc. option …n’est ce pas?

52. weedonald says:

TERRY MANCINI HAIR TRANSPLANT…..I can’t and won’t speak for Mal BUT I can say that, when the American Psychological Association did a study of game officials across all sports, the one thing that came out ahead of all other factors was their almost uniform control needs! What that implies is that we officials see the rules, see the players and see the conditions and want to ensure that the Game is kept beautiful and Fair. The second biggest psychological factor that study reported was the strong death-wish:)

weedonald, hahahaha. Youve just explained it to me perfectly.

54. weedonald says:

Red Arse….I have officiated in the US, Canada,Mexico,Kuwait and Germany and everyone commented that I was a ¨players’ ref¨ which translates into me being an official who looks after the players and not just the application of the Laws or being the centre of attention, which of course shouldn’t be mutually exclusive. I love the Game, played it badly but did better at officiating and have coached and managed men and women for 40 years so I am one of the biggest supporters of the Game and of course the Gunners!

In that study weedonald, was there a correlation between what referees did as a day job?, i.e. tend to be electricians, doctors, that sort of thing?

56. Mal says:

Calling referees STRANGE is equivalent to calling an Arsenal fan STRANGE.

Look out for Rooney’s hair transplant in EURO 2012, Terry.
    Now that’s STRANGE.

57. jer says:

The shirt pulling is so annoying. It doesn’t even have to be. a big deal. Let the players know beforehand that they will be penalized for it.

Mal, hahahaha. Yes, hair transplants are very strange.

59. weedonald says:

TERRY MANCINI HAIR TRANSPLANT…..no correlation apparently but i am going from memory as I don’t have the data in front of me. I can imagine that being an undertaker would correlate well with being a manager and that being a prostitute would correlate well with being a Spuds supporter?

WeeDon
    What a fine debut Post on AA. Well played Sir!
    Where are you based now?

On the “10 yards for a free kick” point, couldn’t the refs have some sort of strong torch that sends an arc beam exactly 10 yards from the ball if held at waist height above it. Any player standing “in the light” immediately gets a yellow. Or gets castrated, hung, tasered etc etc.

The biggest issues for me are dissent and cheating (diving and feigning injury).

I can’t count the number of times when, even with my non-existent lip-reading abilities, I have seen Rooney clearly screaming “F” and “C” words at the ref. Why is that not an instant red card and a long ban? It would be allowed in no other professional sport.

For the diving and feigning injury, it has to be retrospective video analysis and punishment.

weedonald, i think your been a bit harsh on prostitutes there. hahaha

62. Red Arse says:

Mal, I think Terry was jokingly referring to myself and Glic when he mentioned ‘strange’ more than once. (we are friends – and strange – at least Glic is) :-)

WD,

I mentioned earlier that I have often been surprised by the lack of knowledge of the rules expressed by ex-professionals.

I should have gone further and said that many managers and ex-managers are demonstrably ignorant of important laws, especially the off-side rules, for example.
    Surely they should, as you have indicated, be required to pass an exam on the fundamental rules of the game, as part of getting their coaching badges.

C’est vraiment, n’est-ce pas?

63. Mal says:

Red Arse and Terry with the Hair Transplant…….
    You should read my weekly Newsletter for referees
    Just send me your email addresses
    malref@yahoo.co.uk

64. Mal says:

C’est vrai, n’est-ce pas? Red Arse.
    vraiment is the adverb and vrai is the adjective

BFN
    Gotta get me Newsletter circulated

65. Red Arse says:

Thank you Mal. :-) C’est vrai.

66. Mal says:

Red Arse — Oui! Referees are never wrong

Very interesting post, weedonald.

The encroachment at free-kicks drives me nuts. Couldn’t refs use a white paint spray of some sort which disappears after a couple of minutes. Anyone over the line when the ball’s kicked and they’re booked. Players spend hours practising putting the ball over a wall ten yards away. They should actually practise with one about 8 yards away.

I thought the rule in football was that the ball is always counted as in play or inside an area if part of it overhangs part of the line making up that area.

These are from February this year. I thought the ball was ok in the first picture.

I thought the rule about goalkeepers having to get rid of the ball within 6 seconds was removed a while back.

Diving is the worst as far as I’m concerned. But it’s virtually impossible to see what is a dive and what is genuine at full speed. Retrospective action needs to be taken, but the players are the only ones that can really stop it. Strange how the only time ‘after the event’ prosecution has been used so far was against us.

68. Reddawn says:

I think if they applied the same method of control for football as they do for ice hockey, most of the present problems could be solved. Two referees, one in each half and a `sinbin’ for instant punishment. I also believe they use video screens for instant playbacks. I know it might not appeal to most of you, but really, we know there are many problems which occur season after season and still no progress on resolving them.

I like the idea of a written test on the rules of the game for all players and coaches.

But only if the results and test papers are made public :)

H. Redknapp
    Q.1: What is the correct distance opposition players should retreat from the ball for a free kick?
    A: Woof!

hahahaha, just saw Redknapp interviewed Rocky. Why is that bloke always interviewed whilst hes in his car? I still cant understand why he was sacked. Who can they bring in that would better fourth place? I will answer my own question….No one.

71. weedonald says:

TMHT….’Arry is always in his car when interviewed because he’s one step ahead of HM excise and tax collectors!
    He was sacked because he did a Avrim Grant….brought the Spuds into the 21st century and won something….but not ENOUGH….for the best team of the decade!
    I believe there are 5 managers who could replace him and do almost as well, provided they keep their key players like Bale, Modric, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm who else?

72. Red Arse says:

Mal made a comment at 3:51, which may have been slightly tongue in cheek, when he said ‘referees are never wrong’ but I think he is absolutely right.

Even if a ref is wrong – he paradoxically has to be right, and it is pointless players or managers confronting referees when a decision goes against them. So why do they do it?

It is partly human nature, with the players reacting badly in the heat of the moment. In cricket (and I do watch the T20 games) any dissent from a player leads to immediate penalties including fines and a possible ban, even when the umpire gets it wrong.
    Football should do the same.

With regard to managers, they are also cheating by trying to ensure, in any future incident, that the ref will ‘chicken out’ of making another decision against them.

In rugby league (I support Wigan Warriors) any managers making such anti-ref comments are hauled up before the beak and fined or banned.
    Football can and should do the same.
    I know EPL managers are warned not to do so, but it is usually a limp wrist smack and totally ineffective punishment when they transgress.

Referees must always be right. The corollary is that referees should be required to undertake training and exams to produce only the very best, rather than some of the Lame Janes we see so often.

I agree weedonald, 4th place is not enough for the mighty Totnumb hahaha.

Redders, i wish to apoint you as my advocate when i appeal Mals Red Card against me. dont mind been sent off but fairs fair, that was a yellow at most. Anyway, off out before Mal comes back and gives me a 6 match ban. hahahaha

Another Ozilbear (bugbear):

Crap team spends the whole game at the Ems time wasting. We can’t break them down.

Going into the final minute, the ref is planning to add on an extra 5 minutes for all the time wasting that the scumbags have been doing.

But suddenly we score! It’s one nil to the Arsenal, just seconds of normal time remaining.

But the five minutes of time that was going to be added on because of the time wasting still gets played – only now it benefits the time wasters, who have five mins to try and equalise.

Couldn’t there be a rule where any seconds added on against a team who have been time wasting are cancelled out if that team suddenly finds itself needed more time to get a result?

WeeDon
    You haven’t said where you’re based. Are you on the run?

76. gunnern5 says:

It would be really ironic if Capello were to become the new Spurs manager.

Gn5
    It would indeed. The Spuds blame Capello for their collapse: Fabio quits, ‘Arry’s mind is only on the England job, Spuds in free fall, Thursday night footie next year :)

Personally I don’t think the England job distraction had much to do with it. The Spuds and their manager both reached their glass ceiling and couldn’t break through it.

I wonder where ‘Arry will go next. Are there any vacancies in the EPL or Championship at the moment?

79. gunnern5 says:

Redawn,

With two referee’s in ice hockey not many infractions are missed.

The only time instant replays are used is when a goal is in dispute, at that point an off ice panel review the play and make a final decision.

The panel have the benefit of camera angle from each side of the goal and overhead.

It’s rare to have a game end on a sour note due to refereeing, but it is such a fast game that mistakes still occur.

It’s gone pear shaped
    It’s gone pear shaped
    It’s gone pear shaped at the lane.

It’s gone pear shaped
    It’s gone pear shaped
    It’s gone pear shaped once again.

I found myself singing this in the car without any pre-thought given to it at all, it just came out, I chuckled when I realised what I was singing.

You know the tune.

81. gunnern5 says:

Rocky,

I guess we will never know why Levi bounced Arry but it would not surprise me if it was due to him being too much of a barrow boy – who thought he could get away with selling sour apples.

Arry probably out smarted himself when he called for an extended contract to keep the teams nose to the wheel, plus dodgy tax avoidance and saying he would have accepted the England job, would not have sat well with the Spurs board , either.

What do they say about opening your mouth and putting the question beyond doubt?

Gn5
    I think you’re right. Levy must also have been embarrassed by some of the stuff ‘Arry came out with at the trial (his defence seemed mostly be based on “I’m a bit fick, me”).

83. evonne says:

Rocky – wee is not telling us his whereabouts, so let’s guess – his avatar, what he says and how he says it, his name? I’d say late 50’s Scottsman

84. Red Arse says:

I’m a bit fick too, what’s wrong with that.

Let me tell you, there are many very successful people who cannot claim to be a bit fick.

There’s a lot to live down to and a lot to be proud of too.

Much better to be a ficker and not a f*cker, tho’ some might claim I am both! Oh joy!! :-)

85. evonne says:

GiE – I like your new gravatar :)

86. evonne says:

RA – me too :) Nature blessed me with blond hair and I make the best of it

87. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

I see from your gravatar that you have gone all patriotic! :-) Very nice.

88. evonne says:

RA – this one is just for you :)

89. Red Arse says:

Rasp, Peaches,

My computer screen is showing that Arsenal Arsenal is an insecure website, and recommending me not to load.

Any idea why. Something to do with Java script maybe? My iPhone is also showing a ‘bug’. Are we under attack?

Odd.

90. evonne says:

RA – we’ve never been safe residing so close to N17

A Polish flag with a black German shepherd behind. How have you done that?

92. Red Arse says:

Evonne, is that your hound dog? Looks beautiful. :-)

93. evonne says:

Monster!! our flag aint green. Lovely pussycats

94. evonne says:

RA – yes, she is beautiful but a psycho

There was a red and white flag and when I hovered over it, I got the Hound of the Baskervilles on Bodmin Moor.

96. evonne says:

Martinez to Tottenham, Arry to Pool?

97. evonne says:

Chas – really? I thought you were taking the piss :) I was logged in on this site, and had two instances of WordPress open – one with psycho as my new gravatar and the other with the polish flag

This chap has reportedly offered Harry a job.

chas, hahahahah, that looks like my uncle George.

Evonne, your dog looks very happy. Thats important for non dog people like myself when i occasionaly have a dog encounter.

100. Red Arse says:

Watch out for ‘happy’ dogs Terry.

They are really psycho and just trying to lull you, so they can take a bite!!

Hi RA, sorry, I only just saw your comment about the safety of the site. It’s not within our remit to affect such things, it’s all down to WordPress to provide a secure site. I had a similar thing a few weeks ago and it came to nothing.

I’m pretty sure there’s no problem, but there are too many solicitor types on here – I don’t want you to sue us ;)

Never realised that Redders, thanks for the tip. The dogs that have chased me in the past are usualy mean looking, but now i will keep my eye on the happy ones too.

Terry
    For clarity, I think Redders is referring to canines. I’m not sure you are :)

Rocky, hahahaha

105. evonne says:

Terry – why wouldn’t she be happy? I’d be happy if I was my dog or cat, fecking spoilt rotten. I know people that have less comforts than this mob

You make it sound lovely evonne. Can i become your pet ?? hahaha

107. evonne says:

Terry – yes, of course you can, especially now that Romeo is not talking to me :( He cannot forgive me for cutting his testicles off

urrrghhh, on second thoughts i think i will give it a miss evonne. hahahaha

109. Red Arse says:

Rasp,

I came out from Chrome, and the problem did not reappear on Firefox.

Very odd, I have not had that before, but as it happens Word Press Avatar has been causing me a little problem again, switching gravatars and repeatedly asking me for my password.

Boo to them. :-)

Wow!
    Great quintuple roll by Italian player. Anyone who can roll that far can’t possibly be injured.

111. evonne says:

Ok Terry, if you change your mind :)

I second that Boo!

evonne
    I take it Romeo is your ex?

Howard Webb is refereeing Italy v Croatia. He’s just given a penalty to Man Utd.

115. evonne says:

Rocky – ha ha ha :) Nay, my ex didn’t have any b***x in the first place :)

Good answer evonne! :)

117. glic says:

Terry
    This is just from experience. Watch out for them Golden Retrievers. All cuddly looking, but dont be taken in !.
    This is from their perspective.
    1 ) Target 1( me ) aproaching, wag tail, smile, hand ready to stroke , BITE !. 1976 MiL`s bastard.
    2 ) As above, 2000 another MiL`s bastard.
    3 ) As above X 2, 2002 neighbours bastard.
    4 ) As above plus my friend, 2008 a different neighbours bastard ( this bastard is still trying to get me every time I run past, bastard ).

Basically Golden Retrievers are bastards !.

PS , The MiL`s year 2000 bastard attacked her and nearly shreadded her, he had to be put down, poor bastard !.

118. evonne says:

Guys, what was Robben up to after he was substituted?

GLiC
    The only mutt that ever bit me was a Jack Russell. Mean little blighters.

But I hate running past farms in the countryside – there’s always some aggressive little wolf wannabe charging out at you.

120. evonne says:

Glic – my german sheppard is a pushover, but every now and then she grabs someone’s han.d when they try to touch her, just a warning – don’t you dare! Dogs can sense something that is lost to us

Maybe those dogs knew you are a sex maniac?

evonne
    Being generous: he knew Holland were chasing the game so he got off the pitch by the fastest route (rather than slowing things down by walking across the field of play).

Being realistic: he was having a sulk so he took the long way home, very slowly.

Either way, every time I watch the Dutch play there are always at least half a dozen times where greedy Robben chooses not to play in RvP even though RvP is in a better position (and is a better payer).

Cornwall, hahahahahaha, the MiL’s 2000 sounds like a nightmare.

123. glic says:

e va va vonne, I was trying to stroke them not shag ‘em !.
    Rocky, the bastard up the road is on a farm, the owner got nicked, I had to take a picture of my mates arse as evidence of the bite mark These farmers are a law unto themselves, he has been told to keep the bastard on his property and warned that it will be put down if it occurs again, but he still lets it wander the lane !.

124. glic says:

Terry
    I nearly forgave it for biting me when I heard it had tried to devour the MiL ! :)

125. glic says:

E va va vonne, I love German Shepards, just cant stand Cornish Farmers !. :)

126. evonne says:

Glic – sorry dear, I clearly misjudged you

Rocky – completely agree about Robben – greed and nowhere near as good as Boy Wonder. When he pulled his shirt off I thought that was 2 fingers to the fans

Torres in for Fabregas.
    Things are looking up for Ireland. :)

Ah, the BBC say Spain are sweating on a thigh injury for Fabregas and Torres may replace him.
    Shearer = Complete and utter wanker

Bendy had some Paddy Power in his shorts. Let’s hope the Irish do too.

Ireland will win.

131. evonne says:

yes, they will!! come on Paddies!

Great 50-50 challenge. The Irishman gets up and gets on with it – the Spaniard (Busquets) rolls around on the floor in “agony”. We’re going to see a lot of Spanish play-acting in this game. The Barcelona School of Front Bottom Thespianism will be on display.

Irish fans making a great noise.

Another question for the refs.
    How does injury time get calculated i.e. a separate watch.
    Also when the board goes up and says 3 minutes, everyone knows it’s a minimum of 3 minutes, so could be 3:50, but still everyone expects the ref to blow bang on 3 minutes are up and most of them do. When they don’t a la Phil Dowd at Sunderland it’s so frustrating.

135. evonne says:

Chas – that depends on who is playing and what’s the score. If ManU are losing and one of tehm gets injured, extra 5 mins minimum

136. Red Arse says:

When it comes to diving and rolling the Spain team are very aristocratic. They are all a bunch of Counts. :-)

(Bit surprised if this gets thru’!) :-)

137. evonne says:

Did you see this ref?? He tackled Irish player!!!

138. glic says:

I`m in the minority, come on Espana. Fantastic football and when they dont have the ball, they work so hard to get it back.
    I `ll swap the Pod, Chammy, Denilson, AA, Squillaci,Bendtner, Fabianski, JD, Park, Vela, Diaby ( anymore ? ) and £20M for Iniesta !

Spain play some nice footy but they cheat too much. Come on Paddies.

Ireland are hampered by the unfair disadvantage of not being very good

But I still think they’ll score :)

141. Illybongani says:

Interesting post WeeDee….agree with all points, my additions would be; goalies diving at the penalty takers feet, bookings for whipping off the shirt and uncontested drop-balls (what’s the point?).

Re: holding at corners/free kicks. If I was a ref I would go into the dressing rooms before the game and tell them if I see anyone holding another player with their arms around them I will immediately give a penalty if the ball is in play or not. I would ask if they understood and get verbal confirmation from all of them. I know this would work because it works with prisoners when I tel them of the expected behaviour from them whilst they are on my wing. If they fail to behave they are fully aware of the penalties they receive.

As a ref you’d only have to only have to do it a couple of times before the message got out.

142. Red Arse says:

Ireland have plenty of guts, but are being outclassed.

The equivalent of a Championship mid-table team versus a top of the table premiership club.

Spainalona should get to the final with the Germans.

143. glic says:

Redders, I think your being to kind, more like Barca Vs Runcorn ! :)

144. glic says:

Just when I thought Runcorn were having a good passage of play………3-0

Cornwall, not including Messi, Iniesta is the best player in the world

146. glic says:

Cescy football
    I agree Terry , thats why I`m offering eleven of our best players plus some wonga, negotiations have started ! :)

Yeah, i saw the list hahaha. I

148. SharkeySure'sGhost says:

Well said Wee Willie….yeah yeah I know thats not right…but it has a nice ring to it.

Anyway, where was I….

Oh yeah, great post, ageree with it all. I especially love the comparison between video replays and the time taken for most free kicks. Bores the tits off me waiting for some of them to be taken.

You definitely left the best til last with point no.8. Absolute scourge of the modern game is all the playacting we see nowadays. To see blokes of 6ft+ and 14 -15 stone rolling around like wailing toddlers turns my stomach. I barely watch two games a season from La Liga. I’m not sure if its the players rolling and diving, or the refs that fall for it that annoy me the most – but either way I’m soon switching channels.

Premier League isn’t too far behind at times….

149. glic says:

I would say that was pleasing to the eye, if only we could play tippy tappy stuff !
    There`s a baby badger in the garden, so cute, yesterday there was a deer in our top field, F knows how he jumped our fence and got in !.

150. VCC says:

Hi GLiC. Just been reading through the last few days entries.

On the subject of dogs… Last October I was walking my ten year old boxer through my local park. Two Staffs attacked him, one biting and holding onto the side of his face. While the other biting and holding onto his side. Eventually after his owner being bitten by his own dog and me kicking them both we saved my dog from being mauled.

I now walk my dog with a baseball bat up my sleeve, and believe me after that experience I WILL use it, but I’ve been told by the local Bobby I will be taken to task walking with a baseball bat.n

Sharkey,
    Technically, if a “wee Willie” has “a nice ring to it,” it’s known as a “Prince Arthur.”. :)

Glic
    That wasn’t a deer – it was a golden retriever – watch out!

Or even a “Prince Albert” – I was in a taxi on Prince Arthur Avenue when I wrote the previous comment!

153. weedonald says:

RockyLives….I cannot use that nickname `wee Willie` as my Willie isn’t wee or so they tell me. For those who need to know my parents were Scottish and Irish immigrants and I am of retirement age….so I am no longer a dirty old man but a sexy senior citizen.
    As an NASL referee I saw how managers and players conspired to circumvent the Laws and exploit the grey areas or the latitude of the Laws to their benefit. I always punished gamesmanship and if harassed by one or both teams, I warned them that I could be either their best friend or their worst nightmare depending on how they treated me. That usually got their attention. I also used a little gesture called the pocket tap, where I’d touch my breat pocket on my referee’s shirt (where the cards were) and look the offending player in the eye, without saying a word…that also worked. If it didn’t then it was card playing time.
    The initial premise of my article was that the fair and unwavering application of the Laws and the power they provide officials is sufficient to make a great, positive difference in the game. Unfortunately a certain laissez-faire attitude has slipped into the Game in its entirety; whether it is the EPL ignoring the fit and prioper ownership rules, the lack of financial common sense the big Clubs show or poor, cowardly officiating.

154. glic says:

Hi VCC
    You probably know from reading that I am a dog lover and that I do a bit of running. I have been attacked by dogs on about ten different occasions. The thing Is, I blame the owners, It`s their responsibility to have control of their pet. When I run past the farm up the road, the dog comes out protecting it`s property and family, it doesn`t know the exacting bounderies and sees me as a threat. The owners should secure their property to make sure the animal doesn`t get out, trouble is, this farmer up the road cant be bothered, he thinks he`s above the law even after being warned . To me, he doesn`t care much for his dog, does he want to see his dog put down ? as the next victim will ensure that he is. The great thing about dogs is that most give unconditional love to their owners, whether they be Mother Teresa or Adolf Hitler . Shame some dont get that love back.

155. Weedonald says:

Rocky Lives……….I strongly object to your classifying all Jack Russel terriers as Mean little blighters….I have had 2 in my long life and they were both totally loveable and great with everyone…as one owner said…noone is a stranger to them! My last one just died at age 16 from a brain aneurism after eating a Spud fan whole! Definitely indigestion combined with excess flatulence from all that hot air.

156. Scott says:

Glic,your missus isn’t tying a pork chop to your arse,is she :)

157. VCC says:

GLiCy.
    My dog is half animal and half human.
    My Family/Friends/family say he is more like a Parrot. He is on my shoulder where ever I go.
    The dogs in question were off lead without collar and muzzle.
    As a pup i took him to dog classes to help him socialize with other dogs, and it worked well.
    I have to agree, it is down to the owner.
    O have to say, when I confronted him in the street later that horrible day, he paid me the full vets bill.
    But he still bears the scars.

WeeDon
    Where do you live now? Still in North America? (I’m in Canada).

159. oz gunner says:

@ cheers for the insight Wee

The diving annoys me the most, i just don’t see how you could look yourself in the mirror after doing it. I used to get hit from pillar to post in my Aussie rules days but you get up, don’t whine and you keep going. Shevchenko the other day got tapped in the quad and he acted like it got torn in two. It’s quite simple refs need backing and there should be a governing body which enforces the rules. The AFL (Australian Rules) has a match review panel that assesses each game (on and off the ball- easy to do when there are cameras everywhere these days) and they award penilties, suspensions and fines for things such as dangerous tackles, swearing caught on camera (bad for the kiddies), play acting, ect.

The head of the panel has absolute power and if a ref has made a bad decision (penalty for something very soft that changed the game) gets sent back to the lower leagues for a few weeks as punishment.

Pulling shirts and holding players down in corners is a joke too, I’ve seen it awarded once (pretty sure it was against Djourou in a champions league match from memory). If they started awarding penalties and such they’d cut it out quick smart. It ruins the game because players with the athletic ability of say Vermaelen don’t get a clear run at the ball, so they have to get a big run up otherwise they will get tugged about and held to the ground, even then they get blocked out unfairly

Crowd or swear at a ref if should be a yellow card. No exceptions.

Refs need backing so they can enforce these rules, but i don’t subscribe to the theory that all refs are faultless. Some that we’ve come across are as corrupt and shady as they come. Yes they make errors like all humans do but some are just beyond a joke and get away without week in and week out. You are paid to be impartial…bloody do it right!

160. oz gunner says:

@ Rocky

I’m not a fan of Jack Russell’s either. My best mate used to have this old grumpy one with about 3 teeth and if you went in here zone it’d be an ankle bite for you.

When i used to walk to school everyday i’d have to walk past an old man who would be sitting on his porch with a little jack by his side (if i went another way it’d add 10mins to my walk). If you walked on the curb the jack Russell would take off after you for about 4 houses (old man would do nothing but laugh) and it was a quick little bugger too. On the way home was the worst part though as the dog could see you coming from a while away so it’d run front on at you. There were times when I’d be walking home with 5/6 mates and the thing would charge at us and we’d scatter like ants to try and dodge the thing (once again the old man would just be taking it all in smiling away). 1 of my mates left his shoe behind and he was too scared to go back and get it so he came back a few hours later once the old man and the dog went inside. Upon reflection that old man was bloody hilarious, and I’m sure he controlled it when anyone else walked past. At least our footy team had good evasive skills though

161. weedonald says:

Rockylives….I am building a new home in a town called Ste.Margeurite du LacMasson, in the Laurentian mountains about 30 minutes North of Montreal.

162. weedonald says:

Byebye everyone…beddy time!

Henry’s been charged with snorting coke.

Chas,
    I love the fact that people go out of their way to make videos like that. How can it not brighten one’s day? :-)

DidIt Fact….very hot curry and naan goes with England games.

And what would you suggest as an alcoholic beverage to accompany?

I’m going to a football party, though I think it’s chili on the menu.

167. glic says:

Scott :lol:
    It`s so obvious now .
    Put trainers on, check
    Stretch muscles, check
    Look at arse in mirror, check .

chas. A bucket of chilled Carlsberg.

Sorry Chas, had to school run.
    Joe Strummer must have had a change of heart as I once watched an England Scotland game with him and he was with the Jocks :-)
    Oh, and chili is a sound choice, and the answer is much beer. Lager obviously.

In his country Carlsberg is fizzy yellow water. From memory.

171. glic says:

VCC
    Sounds like your dog is a bit like mine, although mine doesn`t sit on my shoulder, but he is obsessed with me, he follows me everywhere, lays on top of me when I`m doing sit-ups, his eyes are watching me all the time. I never had a dog so loyal and loving ( they normally bond with Mrs glic ), I`m so flattered that this gorgeous creature has decided to give me his unconditional love, he brightens my day every day. :)

172. glic says:

PS
    And he`s currently licking my toes !. :lol:

Let me guess GliC, you feed him :-)

174. Scott says:

I’ve got two greyhounds and one mini foxy terrier.
    He’s a little arsehole that yaps all day long.
    Well,until I give him the evil eye and he bolts up the back lol.

175. glic says:

Enough soppy stuff, have we bought anyone yet ? and I mean ” Super Quality ” ( I bet Arsene wished he never said that quote, I think it was a year ago and I`m still waiting ! :) ).

BTW Cats are rubbish….

(a last comment before the new post and sure to upset GM :-D)

177. glic says:

No Micky, thats the wifes domain ( the kitchen area, especially the sink ) :)
    ” and they call it puppy luuuuuuuve ” :)

Dogs have 4 words. Cats have 400. Fact.

179. New Post …………….

180. glic says:

Let me guess the 4 words, ” give me my food ” ! :)

181. One other thing is that an online business administration program is designed for
    individuals to be able to easily proceed to bachelor’s degree education. The Ninety credit education meets the other bachelor diploma requirements and when you earn your associate of arts in BA online, you will possess access to the latest technologies in this particular field. Some reasons why students want to get their associate degree in business is because they can be interested in this area and want to receive the general education necessary just before jumping in to a bachelor diploma program. Thanks for the tips you provide in the blog.

182. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your weblog.
    Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues?
    A small number of my blog audience have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari.
    Do you have any tips to help fix this problem?

183. Virtually all of the things you state happens
    to be supprisingly accurate and that makes me ponder the reason why I had not looked at
    this with this light before. This particular piece
    truly did switch the light on for me as far as this particular issue
    goes. Nevertheless at this time there is just one issue I am
    not necessarily too comfy with so while I attempt to reconcile that with the actual core idea of your point, let me see
    what all the rest of the visitors have to point out.Nicely done.

184. Lucienne says:

Hi! This post could not be written any better!

Reading this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this.
    I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
    Thank you for sharing!