Arsenal – testing your loyalty

I’m hoping the long gap between games isn’t causing the players to lose focus as badly as it has me – although it is a concern after our last performance!

This is just a bit of interactive fun to fill the time before we take on city tomorrow.

One object of the exercise is to test whether your loyalty to Arsenal might just possibly cloud your judgement in matters concerning by far the greatest team the world has ever seen……..

Try to answer the following questions honestly. It may be that your choices would be the same either way – but I doubt it.

So are you a dyed in the wool Arsenal supporter (in which case you lied in some answers) or are you one of the new breed of fan who prefers to stay seated, doesn’t sing and thinks the ref is a jolly good chap :?

Feel free to debate the questions and your choices in Comments, or maybe you can suggest similar questions that could have had you battling with your Arsenal conscience.

Written by Rasp

88 Responses to Arsenal – testing your loyalty

1. Shameless – thats me :)

Morning all

7 people have voted for Pep over Arsene!!!!!!

Morning peaches, yea, but Edward Scissor Hands is losing to Gunnersaurus – so people are obviously taking it seriously :?

3. Sadly, oz has had to drop out of writing the pre-match for tomorrows post so if someone would like to take up the baton that would be fantastic …….. let me know ;)

4. robbinURpersie says:

hey Peaches.

good to see 7 Barcelona fans visit this great site ;-)

this is fun, thanks Raspers..my answers would sway if u ask me the same questions in a years time, im sure Edward will be forgotten by then ;-)

5. evonne says:

That’s the only answer i got ‘wrong’, ie Gunnersaurus, hate that bloody thing. I have a picture from several years ago when that thing was still on the pitch after the game started!

Good fun that poll, thanks Rasp

The trickiest question was about the stadium. As much as I loved Highbury, you cannot diss the Ems, too superior to all other stadia I have seen, inluding the Catalan shrine

6. goonermichael says:

I love voting. I put vidic just to make it look like I’m being impartial. Anyone who thinks Guardiola is better than Wenger need their brains tested.

7. evonne says:

“I put vidic just to make it look like I’m being impartial” :) How old are you Michael :)

8. goonermichael says:

53 3/4

9. evonne says:

year older than me na na na na na
    Peaches needs to know how big is the picture of TW?

10. robbinURpersie says:

GM,

what is that? it looks like its ‘sausage dog on the spit’

or you decided to eat the easter bunny…

That was a fun post.

As I started voting I thought this is easy, clear concisence all the way, then I got to Walcott-Young, shame on me I voted the wrong-un.

The other problem was Highbury-Ems, I went for the former, old habits die hard.

Can’t believe that there were 6 votes for Guardiola, don’t understand that at all.

As soon as I saw the Gunnersaurus vote I know who had written the post. lol

13. goonermichael says:

It’s 10×8 in an A4 rigid envelope evonne.

14. LB!!!!!!!!! I would have loved Ashley Young to be wearing our colours though :oops:

The Joe Hart vs Chezzer vote is really close, only three votes between them atm.

15. I think I can cope with that gm/evonne :)

Great bit of fun Rasp
    I took “which is the better stadium” to mean “which stadium do you like the best.” On purely dispassionate terms, clearly the Ems is far superior to Highbury. But how can anything about football be dispassionate? Highbury for me – it’s where some of the best times of my life have been spent.

Edward Scissorshands ever day of the week. Gunnersaurus is an embarrassment. The Toronto Raptors also have a dinosaur mascot (the Raptor). Here’s what he can do:

The only ‘non Arsenal’ answer I gave was to put Joe Hart ahead of Chesney. Another year or two and I expect that one to be reversed.

17. goonermichael says:

It was a bunny robbin. It was lovely!

GM
    So that’s what happened to the Easter Bunny!
    Looks like a real healthy meal, with all those vegetables and that.

19. goonermichael says:

I think ashley young is probably more consistent than Theo. I’m not Theo’s greatest fan but on his day I’d have over young. young is one dimensional

20. goonermichael says:

I had it with paella Rocky. What’s a vegetable?

21. goonermichael says:

I wonder if Bendy will do us a favour today? I wonder if Wenger would complain about the loan system if he does?

22. Come on Nik ……… anyone who’s sat near me at the Ems will know that my cries of ‘Come on Nik’ when he came off the bench often led to him doing something wonderful. He hates the scum, he’d better score ……..

Twitchy’s comments basically saying that Bendy was crap can only have helped fire him up.

24. Arsenalista says:

A couple of point I should clear up.
    Rasp

1) I don’t sing, I don’t know why. I used to sing when I was a kid and I used to sing in the east stand at Highbury where I had a season ticket but I don’t now and I have no idea when or why it stopped.

2) I hate all premiership refs and i am fairly convinced that some favour certain teams, Webb – Man Utd, Dowd – Newcastle.

Though Mark Clattenburg stands out for honesty and letting the game flow even if he is a bumbling fool. That says a lot.

GIE
    3) I point of order from yesterday. Championship Manager is no longer Championship manager. It became Football Manager a few years back and Chmapionship Manager is a sort of low budget rip off. Football Manager is quite good though, but whilst the tactics are icredibly realistic you can still buy Messi for a fiver if you know how it’s done. You can still offload 20 players in the click of a button. It’s important that the young generation understand that it’s not real life.

25. Carlito11 says:

Buongiorno everyone! Very excited about the game tomorrow! Fully in the dog house for having to disappear midway through Easter lunch but I feel I’ve got my priorities right!
    Loved the quiz but I had to skip the gunnersaurus question as I hate that fella! I would rather we had a cannonball with a face on it wandering around taking penalties before the game than that daft chubby lizard!

26. robbinURpersie says:

looks like sunderlands’ groundskeeper has come back from holiday’s…

Sunderland v Spuds is pretty scrappy. 0-0 at HT.

How you doing Carlito?

Watching this, I definitely don’t want Bendy back. He looks very limited.

29. evonne says:

I want him back, miles better than Chamakh
    Dirty rascal Gallas, he looks desperate at times

What a way to spend Easter, ha, Rocky? At least you have a wife to cook and clean for you :)

Haha Evonne
    You haven’t met my wife :)

31. evonne says:

GM – so that photo is nearly life size?

I don’t often watch entire games if they’re non Arsenal, but usually when I do I’m struck by how pedestrian most teams are compared with us.

33. evonne says:

Is she like me, sits all day long watching footy? My poor almost ex used to do all the cooking, now I am really suffering

She doesn’t watch footy Evonne, but on other ways I think she is quite like you. :)

Asou-Ekotto is like a Fellaini doll.

36. evonne says:

Rocky – ha ha ha, good girl! We didn’t fight for emancipation to spend our lives by the cooker :) i tried cooking lemon chicken last night, but it had kosher salt in the recipe, which I didn’t have, so I didn’t bother in the end :) Chocolate is very nutricious

Yeah, Spurs are not having a good game at all. I expected them to try much harder to get ahead of us when they can. On Talksports radio the commentators had anonymously agreed that Arsenal will finish 3rd. How dare they ?

My wife likes cooking (thankfully, cos I’m rubbish), but a downtrodden wife she ain’t :)

Barndoor off, Saha on.

39. evonne says:

Lucky Rocky! So you have a partner, not a skivvy, great!

Are you worried before tomorrow’s game? I cannot see us winning, Shitty are good and they know they have to win every game to have any chance of a trophy

I think we’ll beat them evonne.

It’s our sort of game.

Spuds were pretty poor.

0-0 is a bad result for them and a good one for us.

42. goonermichael says:

43. evonne – kosher salt is the same as sea-salt, it’s got a grainier texture than table salt.

44. This’ll be the 50th game is it gm?

45. B*stards – I hate them – Rio should have been off

46. goonermichael says:

Yes it is Peaches. I was doing a big hair show at the Albert hall that day so I couldn’t watch it. The guy who runs the thing announced to 5000 people that the mancs had won. (he was an Italian manc!). I was with one of the owners of Toni and Guy (chav) I was gutted. I can’t get over how obviously bent riley was. Makes me sick all these people who think it “evens itself out” and there isn’t a bias.

47. Poor Reyes, no wonder he didn’t want to stay and play for us :(

I can’t watch any more of it :(

48. goonermichael says:

It’s really put me in a bad mood. I’d still have anyone over them to win the league.

49. goonermichael says:

It’s made me hate nevile al over again the rat faced nonce

50. Can’t you find something nice to cheer us up? I looked for us winning the league at old trafford, I love it when that banner unfurls that proclaims us champions hahahahahahaha

The old ones are the best atm :P

51. evonne says:

GM – what’s up, I was napping, what did those bitches do now?

52. evonne says:

Kosher salt – I thought it was a joke, so I gave up. Never mind, the dogs love chicken :)

Damm, damm, damm, forgot to renew onlinefooty subscription :( Polish TV showing the chavs

53. evonne says:

1 all !! Does that cheer you up, P and GM ?

54. goonermichael says:

Chavs should be losing though. barca will kill them

Afternoon all,

Just popping in quickly to thank you for all your responses.

The one that has surprised me the most is only 56% to 44% in favour of winning the CL over the double. For me that was a no brainer, we’ve done the double. We have to add the CL to our achievements otherwise some will never consider us a great club.

56. goonermichael says:

Now they’ve won. Makes me sick

57. goonermichael says:

We’d be the first club to have done the double 4 times though Rasp.

58. goonermichael says:

Wigan could be relegated because of that.

59. evonne says:

No good, you are right GM. There are times that I wish I was mad about tennis instead

Nice one, Rasp.

I’d always have the Premiership over the Champions League even without the FA Cup thrown in.
    38 game marathon which undoubtedly makes you the best team in England compared to a poxy cup competition that rubbish like Porto and Liverpool can win. No brainer indeed. :)

I would sacrifice my youngest son at the alter of the football gods if it helped Arsenal win the Champions League.

Disclamer: no youngest sons were hurt while writing that comment.

I reckon anyone who voted to win the EPL and the FA cup over the CL never had to suffer to long walk back to the centre of Paris in 2006.

Compared to the pain and heart ache we had to endure, Napoleon’s march back to Paris from Moscow was for pussy cats .

I got the Metro, LB.

65. Hello everyone, if Peachy/Raspers are around I’ve just put my attempted pre match in drafts. Change anything you like if it helps improve it.

66. Gooner In Exile says:

Evening all I would have commented earlier but I have been roof bound all day…I did vote earlier (and truthfully):

1. Hart – if you’re asking today, I’d you’re talking future Szczesney he is calmer than Hart in control of his lunacy…more like Wilson than Lehmann.

2. Kozzer

3. Arteta – the question was who was a better midfielder, for me Arteta is a proper midfielder, Cesc is a better creator.

4. Young – better at attacking a defender and getting to byeline, understands what is required of him more.

5. RvP

6. Arsene

7. Emirates – but only if I compared it under current rules of all seater. If we are talking North Bank and Clock End terraces then it’s Highbury.

8. Edward Scissor Hands – I hate that green dragon (why not a walking cannon with wheels for legs and the chamber for the body)

9. Anything Else – Wonder of bloody You is too saccharine.

10. Premier League (& FA Cup) – like Chas said anyone can win Champions League one even Villa.

11. ManUre – I’d miss whipping Spuds once a year, and knowing St Totts was a done deal in August is hardly fun.

12. Yes – see above.

Great post Rasp :D

67. the only question i was unable to answer is which song is better because i never herd them who wanna see them for me

68. TotalArsenal says:

Excellent stuff Rasp – really enjoyed taking part :)

69. 26may1989 says:

Loved it Rasp, lots of fun. My heart will always say Highbury, however much my head says Ashburton.

I’d heard Chelsea’s first goal was offside today, but I hadn’t realised the winner was too. To be fair to the lino, the second was fairly hard to see, but Ivanavic’s was just so, so easy. shocking call. Still, if we can do the business tomorrow, Chelsea scraping the points again will piss Spurs off more than us.

It’d be a shame to see Wigan go down, as they probably will. It’s a cliche but they do play some nice football. Interesting to see Victor Moses playing well again – he’s had a good last couple of months, I wonder if he’d be available if Wigan did go down. We were linked with him when he left Palace and I really like the look of him. At a stronger club, he, like Junior Hoilett, could look even better.

70. Gooner In Exile says:

BIG GAME DAY!!!!

71. Gooner In Exile says:

I’ll take a 1-1 today but would love 4-0 to the good guys :)

72. evonne says:

What big game?

73. barumgooner says:

I so want us to win today. Realistically it doesn’t mean much to us but feels like cup-final day. Just want to see Na$ri$ little face when they lose the title race at the ems.

74. evonne says:

Barum – ‘Na$ri’s little face’? I just don’t want to see his fat arse getting off the bench

Totts and Chavs are playing again tomorrow, could arrive tired for the games, oh dear

75. barumgooner says:

Ronaldo’s got 50 aswell, does make you wonder how many our Rob would get in that mickey-mouse league….not that I ever want to find out.

76. barumgooner says:

Evonne… like it. I think the little shit is destined to score though.

After all those months and months of frustration can you imagine just how much Diaby wants today?

78. evonne says:

No!!!! Barum – go and wash your mouth!!!

79. evonne says:

LB – no, I cannot imagine that :) Is he 100% fit?

80. barumgooner says:

The trouble is Diaby and frustration do seem to go hand-in-hand. He’s frustrated not to play and most gooners are left frustrated when he does occasionally turn-out for us. Sorry LB, I’m not his biggest fan. I genuinely wish him all the best but wish it was at another club.

Morning barum

I understand your frustration with him.

Evonne

“Is Diaby 100% fit” It’s possible for people to spend more time contemplating that than it is to answer the question of which came first the chicken or the egg?

I expect him to play today, maybe even start.

83. barumgooner says:

I just get very nervous when he’s on the pitch. He can work magic but can also be a liability. I dont see any need to break up the team that has worked so well lately. ( apart from Arsenes mad moment of putting Rambo out on the left)

Nervy morning all :roll: