Join Together: Match Preview

Tough assignment writing about QPR.  Why? Because I have a real soft spot for Rangers, but and this is such a huge but, there is hardly a bigger but in the Western World  – not even J-Lo has a but this big. You know what I am referring to …. yes ….. two of the most unpleasant men ever to grace a football field,  Mark Hughes and Joey Barton. A match made in the deepest fires of perdition.

How can a fan of a proper club, a real family club accept the arrival of such odious men?

Imagine them arriving at Arsenal;  it would be enough to stop supporting the Gunners and return to watching park football. How many thousands of season tickets would be returned? Thankfully, it is a situation we will never have to face.

I really feel for QPR fans. End of last season they are deliriously happy with their return to the top flight after a long gap  (15 years ??).   New signings are made – big names, Wright Phillips, Armand Traore (good bit of business Arsene) , DJ Campbell, Anton Ferdinand . As a fan you think “OK, decent signings, nothing special but could be good”, then Barton is signed., and you think , “No, not to my club – we have values, we have principles”, but you also think Barton will add the fire needed to get mid-table (you are going to be sorely disappointed).

An OK start but Warnock is sacked despite winning over 40% of his games, could it get worse? Yes, the idiots sign Mark Hughes who left Fulham stating the Cottagers (now there’s a nickname ) were not capable of matching Sparky’s ambitions! The Fulham Chairman must be laughing loudest as Hughes sits in his sinking ship.

How does Hughes respond to QPR’s lowly postion? He keeps Barton as Club Captain, and signs Bobby Zamora and Djibril Cisse! Does this man have no shame? Or is he trying to be funny? Or could it be that he is one of the worst managers ever to litter the sidelines of the Premier League?

I have stated my opinion of this Welshman before, his record speaks for itself: 4 seasons at Blackburn –  4 times PL’s dirtiest team. Man City – 2 seasons. Spent over £150m on Robinho, Santa Cruz, Adebayor, Wayne Bridge, Wright Phillips,  Ben Haim and Jo ++  – finishes 10th and then loses 9 out of 11 games before getting sacked. Fulham – ruins a decent footballing team. And yet this hate filled, spiteful man keeps getting work!

We need a strong referee today because  judging from previous games against Hughes’s teams, our boys are in a for a physical battle, QPR cannot beat us with skill and Sparky knows that. My guess is he will tell Barton to concentrate on Song and Gervinho …. hopefully they have learned from their meeting with the little scrote at THOF.

OK …. enough of that. As I said I have a soft spot for QPR who will almost certainly get relegated thanks to investing in players and management who have no feeling whatsoever for the club.

Arsenal on the other hand have discovered a sense of unity.; the old fashioned “one for all, all for one” which is essential for our future success. We have superb individuals all over the pitch but Arsenal can be so much more than the sum of their parts – and we have started to show it. In my opinion the man to spark this remarkable turnaround is the most surprising – the ageing and crocked Tomacz Rosicky.  He has been magnificent over the past few weeks and reminded us of what we lost with his recurrent injuries.

My team:

I have a sneaky feeling Gervinho will score today; he needs a goal. Recently, Mr Wenger has opted for a more defensive left sided attacker (Benayoun/OC) when playing away from home but I hope he takes the game to QPR and attacks from the off. An early goal for the good guys will surely lead to 3 points.

Inventor from Shepherds Bush?  The stonemason George Wimpey who developed cheap house and road building methods resulting in ownership of the largest construction company in Britain.

Mr. Wimpey. Earned more a week than YaYa Toure.

And  …. 3 of the 4 members of The Who were born within a mile of Loftus Rd,( hence today’s song title)

We are in a great run of form, the atmosphere around the club is better than it has been for many a month, players other than Van Persie are scoring goals,  we have a dangerous frontline, we have a solid defence, at last we have 2 proper full backs, we have what could be the best midfielder in the country  in a midfield that is working superbly and we have a fine young keeper.

Worrying isn’t it?

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

291 Responses to Join Together: Match Preview

1. goonermichael says:

Fantastic as always Raddy. I can’t stand hughes and barton I’m not allowed to say what I think of him on here. You’ll be dissapointed to hear tha mike (I hate Arsenal) dean is the ref

2. goonermichael says:

I like Cisse though. Glad he’s suspended.

GM. Have you seen that your maiden post has hit the Newsnow top stories? Well done.

Mike Dean. That is a disappointment.

Oh …. and sorry about some the punctuation in the post. I opened the Chablis too early ;-)

Great pre match Raddy.

I am always cautious with games like these.On paper no contest but hopefully no injuries to our lads.
    Barton will single out someone, just hope it’s not our pinball wizard and they don’t park their magic bus across the field.
    Anyway The Ox is a song by The Who :)
    Perhaps not a game for Theo if it gets too physical, but anyway any win any time and place for me.

kelsey :-)

I hate it when we are expected to win, especially away.

Some fairly unpleasant reading and an hideous picture to go with it.
    Sparkey…much yuk as well.
    Having said that, it all needed saying as I do like us to go into battle with a little hatred in our hearts. So well done.
    QPR are one of those teams that just don’t stir any emotion in me either way, although somehow they did manage to add a certain romance in the days of Bowles and Marsh. Maybe I was put off as the first vegan I ever knew was a QPR fan, and frankly he had no excuse whatsoever.

Kelsey,
    Really, the Who had a song called The Ox? Almost certainly my favourite ever piece of musical composition. It probably had everything :-)

The Ox was John Entwistle’s nickname

10. dandan says:

Like it Raddy, well done as always.

My Generation remember the real soccer hardmen, Peter Storey would have had that powder puff bully Barton begging Sparky to Substitute him in no time flat. Funny though my Generation did have a hero called Barton like the present one he was a Dick too, does anyone remember him.

Sorry Raddy, I’m taking you for granted :(

Top drawer Raddy PM – I expect nothing less these days :P

QPR have had some great players in the past, what a shame they’ve sullied that legacy by employing Barton. If Gervinho starts he must expunge the memory of his first meeting with Barton and just get about his work.

We’ve been a bit too triumphal lately, there’s still plenty of work to do to build upon our recovery. Arsène’s got it right and is just asking for focus and maximum effort in this game,, its in our hands now and that hasn’t been the case all season.

12. Gooner In Exile says:

Great pre match BR, as always!

Like you I have little time for Hughes, he has been in the game long enough to know better. Barton on the other hand is an odious little tw*t, but it’s no surprise the one time he was asked to concentrate on his football (under the love and care of my favourite ex Spud Chris Hughton) he was a revelation. If he hadn’t behaved like such a c*ck under every other manager who likes their players to be wound up when they take the pitch.

He thought we should sign him instead we signed Arteta so I expect him to get targeted, thankfully Mikel seems very capable of counting to ten as does TR7.

Song, RvP and Gerv I’m more worried about. The team need to be together today but can’t react, Dean will be highly pressured by the Loftus Road crowd and that is when he is at his worst for us.

A tight little pitch today so we must move quickly and shoot from distance it will be a test of the improvements we have seen in the side recently, especially Theo as space will be at a premium.

I’ll take a tight 1-0 to the good guys, but if we can be ruthless early and RvP can shake the goal drought (joke) we will be ok.

13. Chas says:

On the train.
    First beer cracked.
    Cracking BR pre-match read.
    Lovely. :)

Thanks Rasp and Kelsey.
    Although I cannot stand pop music instrumental solos, that one was not bad at all. Anyhow, if you are called The Ox, you can do anything you want.

Can anybody help me. Did I once stand front row at the away end at Loftus Road and was actually below ground?
    I happen to love a moat, but it did strike me at the time as plain odd. Then again, it was during a period of my life when its possible I was imagining things :-)

Was it the Shepherd or the Bush that was so exceptional that it got an area named after it?
    A serious question.

17. Slimgingergooner says:

Remember when we beat Spurs 5-2?????

Hahahahahaha!

Mickey,

you don’t like Russ Conway :)

19. dandan says:

Kelsey is your phone not working :-)

SGG, :-)

Micky. I can only think you went to Loftus Rd as a small child, hence thinking you were in a trench,

As to the Bush. Perhaps it is a reference to part of Mrs Shepherd’s anatomy which is why the next stop is Turnham Green

Actually dandan it isn’t. Hasn’t been on for 48 hours

Kelsey,
    Just back from Google’s House to visit Russ :-)
    Raddy,
    I suppose that is just the kind of answer I would expect from your sort :-)

23. dandan says:

Kelsey: Right well ring when you can. :-)

24. dandan says:

Micky I could imagine you enjoying sidesaddle :-)

DD. Are you suggesting Micky bats left handed?

26. dandan says:

Hmm Raddy isnt our lanquage wonderful, we can make of it what we will LOL

Look here you lot, I am a perfectly straight forward citizen with no particularly unusual habits, so why you should all suppose that I would enjoy Mr Conway or Sidesaddle I have no idea.

Russ Conway

His career was blighted by ill health, including a nervous breakdown and subsequently a stroke which preventing him from performing between 1968 and 1971.[2] He also at times drank heavily and smoked up to 80 cigarettes a day. He was prescribed anti-depressants and had periods of severe self-doubt.

he died aged 75, never married ,duckie

29. dandan says:

HeHeHE :-)

Kelsey,
    It appears you know an aful lot about Mr Conway. Big fan were we?

Naturally I have sympathy for Conway, but in my great experience, if you drink heavily and smoke eighty a day, you are going to be grumpy and unwell.

32. Gooner In Exile says:

To be fair 75 is an ambition :)

GiE :-)

I’ll be back for KO. Off to stare at the sea.

Been watching some Rocky vids. He was a fine footballer and would have flourished under Wenger. What a shame Graham changed his tactics and thus found no space for a player with inconsistency but great flair.

RIP Rocky. Gone but never forgotten

36. goonermichael says:

Re barton and hughes Why don’t you all just f f f f f f f f f**k off

37. goonermichael says:

I did some shameless self marketing on Twitter yeasterday Raddy :)

Match day!!!
    Yippee!!!!
    (does anyone say ‘yippee’ any more?)
    Typically excellent pre-match BR.
    Hughes was a good player but with lethal elbows. As a manager he’s become very unlikeable.
    Barton is just a panto villain. Widow Wanky?
    I’m in the ‘let’s not get too triumphalist too soon’ camp. I prefer games where we are the underpugs.
    Could be tougher today than some seem to think, although in our favor we have no new injuries, confidence and momentum.
    COYRRG

39. TERRY MANCINI DEMANDS KELSEYS HAIRLINE says:

Great write up Big Raddy the pre match King. Our resolve will be tested today no doubt. A fascinating test awaits.

The first time i saw Rocky was around 1985, i think it might have been his first start in the team, against Villa and we won 3-1. It wasnt great in them days, we had a decent team with loads of experienced and talented pros but didnt seem to be going anywere. My hopes were first lifted by seeing Adams, but watching Rocky that day convinced me a new era was round the corner, the boy was simply fantastic and outshone everyboy else, it was beutiful. Any way Don Howe soon left and George Graham took over, and the rest as we say, is history.

I write this to celebrate the life of a true Arsenal legend, and also to say that just like he showed back against Villa that day that a new spring was round the corner, these current boys are showing the same qualities. I can think of no greater compliment , that when i think of Spring, i think of “Rocky Rocastle”.

40. Mikel Arteta has urged Arsenal fans not to compare him to former captain Cesc Fabregas, but insists that he can still make an important contribution to the club.

The midfielder arrived at the Emirates Stadium from Everton at the end of last summer’s transfer window, following the sales of Fabregas to Barcelona and Samir Nasri to Manchester City, and has made 34 appearances to date, scoring five goals.

“Cesc wasn’t the same player in his first season as in his last, so how can anyone expect me to be the Cesc Fabregas of last season in my first?” Arteta told The Evening Standard regarding comparisons with his fellow Spaniard.

“I knew because everybody was saying to me, ‘Mikel, you are going to go to Arsenal and it’s going to be really tough for you because you are going to be under so much pressure. Cesc is leaving, Nasri is leaving, the team are not doing well.’

“I will show that I am no Fabregas, I am no Nasri, I am myself.

“I will try my best for the team. If people want to compare me then it is up to them but I know that if I do that, I am making a mistake on the first day. I didn’t want to waste any time.

“I have talked to Cesc a few times. I rang him when I was going to join because I wanted to know things.

“When you have been in football in different places, there are certain things inside the club you have to know before agreeing to move there. That’s what I asked him about and he was very helpful.”

Arteta was one of several late signings last summer and observed that it was always going to be a tough start to the season as a result.

“We bought players from all different countries — Spain, Brazil, Germany, Ivory Coast and South Korea, so it was always going to be difficult to gel,” he reasoned.

“When you come straight in and the team are struggling to get results, it is even harder.

“But I knew that we had the talent and the desire because you could see the players were getting upset when we were losing. It was not like nobody cares and that’s always good.

“The experience of the Champions League, as a whole, was good for me to grow as a player.

“I hate what we did in Milan [losing 4-0 away]. It was one of the worst nights I have ever had in my football career but you learn from it and you hope it won’t happen again.”

Results have been looking up for the Gunners since their defeat in Italy, however, a fact that Arteta acknowledges.

“Three months ago, fourth was unbelievable for us but now third is realistic,” he enthused.

“Third is much better than fourth, but if we take our foot off the pedal that will go again quickly. Chelsea and Spurs are capable of both winning five games in a row and so we need to maintain our level and be consistent.

“We need to finish the league season really strongly.”

……

Arteta true Gunner. (^-^)b

QPR 0 – 3 Arsenal COYRRG *(^O^)*

41. Chas says:

Oh Rocky Rocky, Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocastle.

42. Gooner In Exile says:

Nike I love the following quote:

“But I said, ‘I don’t care, I want to go to Arsenal. Arsenal are the club I have to play for.’”

TMHT interesting that you raised that changeover period when Rocky and co started to emerge from the youth team. Wenger is often accused of benefiting from Graham’s back four, my Mum used to criticise Graham in the same way in inheriting the youth team Howe had helped develop and introduce.

Rocky was such a talented player, it’s a shame his knees saw him exit Arsenal earlier than he should.

43. Gooner In Exile says:

Kozzer fit, and Rambo in for the away day formula:

Team in full: Szczesny, Sagna, Koscielny, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Rosicky, Ramsey, Walcott, Van Persie.

Substitutes: Fabianski, Djourou, Santos, Benayoun, Gervinho, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chamakh.

44. robbinURpersie says:

Big Raddy,

Top shelf stuff as usual!

Do you see Santos as our number 1 left back?
    Form would suggest that we shouldnt change a stable back line unless neccessary..but in saying that, Santos was playing like a world beater before he got injured..

45. SharkeySure says:

Cracking write up Randy, and I don’t care what Gus says.

Turnham Green …..lol.

46. robbinURpersie says:

aha, GiE’s team news has confirmed my thoughts..

COYRRG!

47. robbinURpersie says:

is the match showing live on TV for you people in England?

48. goonermichael says:

3PM Saturday kick offs are not allowed to be shown here robbin.

RUP,

no they never show 3.p.m. matches live, whilst abroad you can watch all of them.

Anyone notice Chamakh has slipped in onto the bench

50. robbinURpersie says:

Really? Why ? Is it maybe to entice people to go watch it live? Wouldnt a place like Loftus Rd get sold out against the best team in london? 21 Questions? :-)

51. goonermichael says:

Nike if you’re still here

barton すごいくっそたれですよ! くろしたいです ばかねえ!

52. goonermichael says:

It’s part of the deal with the premier league. no one goes to sunderland anyway

53. robbinURpersie says:

Here we go again! Robbins usual pre match anxiety attack…… until the arm band comes out on our dutch maestro at least..then all is calm, i have a feeling that the ox will be play a starring role today ;-)

PS wiziwig.com for live streams..no probs for me

54. nmcmaho1 says:

cheers for the line-up GiE, and thank you for the typically great pre-match BR.

I like the look of that lineup, it does need more time so they don’t get in the way of each other but last week in the first 15 ramsey and RVP were playing Everton off the pitch!

What ever happened to Jay Simpson? I thought he was going to be something special. I remember he left for first team football to QPR but i haven’t heard of him since

Here’s a stat that should make QPR fans wince, courtesy of Infostrada Sports. Rangers have had six players sent off this season – five of them at Loftus Road. If they get a red card today it will be a new Premier League record for teams having the most red cards at home in a single season, beating Bolton’s five in 2001-02. Not really a record QPR will be hoping to set, and one that is probably a little bit safer with Djibril Cisse sitting in the stands.

from the bbc

56. oz gunner says:

bloody wordpress!

That 3pm rule is a joke, in this day and age EVERY sport should be live and on the tube. If we can have numerous channels showing every Aussie Rules game live you would think you lot could have every premier league game live

57. Arsenalista says:

Nice pre match again.

Ramsey for Gervinho? Hmmm

Seems the only winger Wenger trusts on the road is Walcott. Sort of see why I could be a scrap. They need to forget 7 in a row and dig in today. Away points are precious.

58. I think it’s because they want to make sure the lower league games are supported with good attendances. If there was a big name game on at 3pm some would stay home to watch that on tv rather than go to a local club.

59. goonermichael says:

It’s on Setanta Ireland. I’ve got that. Shame I’m at work though. Irish will be ok.

60. Gooner In Exile says:

Haha Kelsey, wonder how many of those are under Hughes compared to Warnock?

61. goonermichael says:

photo/1

62. goonermichael says:

This won’t be an easy game. we have the team to win it but they’ll need to play well and stay focused.

63. oz gunner says:

zamora caused us problems against fulham, hopefully it doesn’t happen again. Kozzer must stay card-less today otherwise he will be unavailable against man city

I’m in Cannes, France, for a work thing. Have just got into a pub showing the game :)

Come on!!!!

65. goonermichael says:

can’t stand hughes

66. robbinURpersie says:

Ive said it before and ill say it again…Our away support is AMAZING, so loud and so proud..they sing like its the last time there gonna watch our team..ITS MAGIC!!

Here we go… come on you rip roaring reddddddddds

oh shite we are kicking the wrong way. fingers crossed.

69. robbinURpersie says:

OZ,
    Fingers crossed, id expect TV% to cop one if need be for him

70. robbinURpersie says:

TV5

71. goonermichael says:

chavs are winning

We haven’t got going yet.

Come on you Gunners

Another nasty pitch with very long grass.

And once again, the co-commentator is a moron

You just know that Hughes told his players to ‘get stuck in’.

75. robbinURpersie says:

i Hate that dick head commentator Raddy

76. oz gunner says:

Vermaelen, very unlike him. Switched off there big time

Dreadful from midfield and defence. We HAVE to pick up the pace.

Sod it.
    Ex Spud too.
    We’ve got to wake up and man up – we’re being bullied.

Looks like Dean is going to let Zamora foul all game long.

80. oz gunner says:

i forgot QPR’s left back is the AC Milan player we were linked with in January. He is not bad

81. goonermichael says:

city are losing. Win this beat them then 2nd is on

82. Gooner In Exile says:

Not good so far, we are getting bullied, and we are not close enough to each other when we have the ball or when attacks breakdown.

83. oz gunner says:

this pitch is a joke, robin is slipping all over the show

agreed GIE and our attack is pretty non existant.

85. Gooner In Exile says:

Superb stuff by Theo.

86. robbinURpersie says:

YEAH BABY!!!!
    Keep THE FAITH

87. oz gunner says:

hahaha what a deflection back, lady luck is still smiling on Arsenal…thank you

is that an assist by rvp ?

89. Gooner In Exile says:

The post gets the assist surely? Or Theo :D

Struggling to find room in their final 3rd.

90. Well done to Theo for not stopping for the free kick that Robin probably should have got before the goal.

91. Anyone want to write the match report yet :)

92. oz gunner says:

Bendy scores, sunderland 2-1

93. goonermichael says:

bendy has scored

the ox has to come on, he is physically stronger but who goes off ?

95. Gooner In Exile says:

Oz? BBC Sport hasn’t updated yet….is that definite?

Ramsey should go off for the Ox. He’s a good player but somehow amongst these other midfielders its not working.

yes it has now GIE.that’s another 5 million on his transfer fee :)

98. Gooner In Exile says:

Physically stronger he might be Kelsey…I don’t actually think its in that half of the pitch we need to be more physical. We are going for nick the ball tackles when we should be going for full blooded, by doing so we avoid contact and if unsuccessful QPR break. They on the other hand manage to entangle bodies but not foul us when we do nick it.

Deans been very forgiving so far….sticking to his Rugby League roots.

Not at all happy with Ramsey’s positioning in the half. Because he is drifting inside so often we have no outball on the left.

I don’t like this new AW idea of playing a different side when going away. Play Gervinho and pressure on both sides because right now our attacks are too easy to contain.

Or play a more attacking fullback (Santos)

100. Gooner In Exile says:

Two Gooners scoring against City….quite poetic :D

Kelsey,
    “Playing the wrong way”. My thought exactly. We always attack our fans’ end second half.
    Ox on for Ramsey to add thrust.

102. Gooner In Exile says:

Not sure Gibbs can get forward as TV seems to want to do that today.

I have a feeling chamakh will come on if its still a draw with 20 minutes left and….

GIE. Isn’t that how we play? Nick the ball rather than defend face on.

As you say, with Dean allowing Zamora etc to wrestle our players have to fight fire with fire.

Hughes has been clever in allowing the pitch to be so poor, it is stifling our speedy passing game.

Micky,

I said that a few days ago when chas put up a video of all our big wins,and all of them we kicked left to right in the first half

Raddy,
    I am not sure Arsene wants Ramsey to play too wide which means the midfield gets clogged up. Nothing wrong with Ramsey, but I agree we need more wide penetration.
    Still, all will be well.
    Come on you Gunnnners

107. TotalArsenal says:

Excellent PM Raddy! Love the way you passionately kick into Hughes! He is a moron and a bully and how he still gets work is a miracle to me too.

Decent first half. Song is our best player and I am so happy Theo took that chance. Hope we up the tempo upfront and keep hold of the ball better. COYRRG!

Peaches, I cannot do MR today, so hopefully the likes of 26, GiE, OZ, LB, etc will volunteer to do it ;)

108. robbinURpersie says:

Wenger has gone with the same line up as last week and credit where its due Ramsey was on fire last wk early on and missed his chances, he deserved another chance..

Wenger will see it out till the 60min whilst its level and only then change his formation where ramsey in all likelihood come off for ox..if that happens dont expect ramsey to start any soon

109. oz gunner says:

haha very clever TA, i would peaches but I’m swamped with homework and volunteer work for the next few weeks. I think we should continue on with the debut post theme and let Ruvp do it…or another away supporter insider chas

110. Gooner In Exile says:

How many times is Clint Hill allowed to foul from behind without a booking?

111. Gooner In Exile says:

Very hazy stream for me, and a little bit choppy, so I’m out, plus I should be working now so will have to make up time later.

112. Gooner In Exile says:

RvP has really lost form …. sell him bring back Nik :D

113. Gooner In Exile says:

and i think he is injured he is wearing undershorts and is wincing a bit too much for my comfort

114. Gooner In Exile says:

Larsson makes it 3……!!!!

115. Man City 1 Sunderland 3

116. Maybe chas will do it ………. he’s there ;)

117. Gooner In Exile says:

Must keep our shape!

118. oz gunner says:

good idea peaches, pull the peaches charm and he’ll fold like a house of cards.

Ramsey should be subbed he is couching it up bit to much for my liking.

damn damn damn, vermaelen is having a shocker!

Wenger has left the subs too late – that goal was coming

Pathetic again.

We have having a horrible afternoon.

121. What’s going on?????? Why didn’t Chesney claim the ball instead of Kosser clearing it?????

122. Is Vermaelen banned now for next week against City?

123. Gooner In Exile says:

Missed all the build up as my stream went down.

124. Gooner In Exile says:

don’t think so Peaches, Song and Kos walking tightropes I believe

Come on Robin. Time to step up ….

126. oz gunner says:

nope peaches, it’s kozzer that needs to stay card-less

Why don’t we try shooting?

FFS where are our subs???? We can’t penetrate their box, we need a ball player on the pitch.

129. Ramsey went off Rasp for Gervihno

130. Gooner In Exile says:

I’m annoyed with TV today. I have to ask why he expended so much energy at 1-1 continually joining attack. I am not saying he would have dealt with the ball better but he might have done with less yards in the legs. By all means with ten minutes to go you can do that, and corners etc, but not as it appeared today every time we were in possession.

131. Gooner In Exile says:

To be fair we did penetrate their back line at 1-1, RvP missed the chance when set miles free.

8 minutes….anythings possible

Good call Kelsey re Chamakh

Sorry peaches, missed that :(

For god’s sake not Chamakh, that’s just ridiculous.

134. Gooner In Exile says:

If not Cham who? Santos, Yossie or Djourou?

Yossie any day over Chamakh.

Definitely Santos over Chamakh when we need a goal.

137. Slimgingergooner says:

Vermaelen has been rubbish today.

We were rubbish today.

So frustrating after such a great run. Ultimately, it was the RvP which cost us the game. 3 weeks ago he would have buried it.

139. Gooner In Exile says:

Bollox….oh well pick themselves up dust themselves down and go again. Just write that one off as a bad day at the office without endless finger pointing and blame game.

GIE. Well said. No-one had a good game (perhaps Sagna).

141. Oh dear, thats not what we wanted. I agree Rasp, Yossi any day over Chamakh. The Ox couldn’t really get into the game, shame the subs weren’t made earlier. Ten minutes is fine if we’re winning but if you want them to change the game surely they need more than that – just saying :(

Bad day at the office and we’ve had some pretty good ones recently so it would be churlish to complain too much.

142. Gooner In Exile says:

Koz? He didn’t really have a partner today.

Once again we started a game with only one wide player. We had plenty of bodies in centrral midfield but they were too easily bypassed. I just do not understand why AW doesn’t use the width. Packing the midfield with similar players isn’t the answer.

144. SharkeySure says:

If someone had offered me 21pts out of 24, two months ago I’d have bitten their arm off at the elbow !!

Not a good performance….too sluggish for long periods, but as others have said..we had chances to win it.

Off out

145. Slimgingergooner says:

Too many attacking players on the pitch at the end. If your chasing a game you still have to play through midfield and create space. Banging on loads of forwards very rarely gets you the result.

Nice of Taarabt to choose today to play like a world beater! He’s usually shit rest of time. Just one of those off days. The fact we are 3rd makes it easier to swallow but can’t afford many more defeats if we want to stay there. Not good enough.

one can’t always blame the pitch but we gifted them the two goals and they took them well. A bad day at the office indeed.

147. GiE – :) I agree, what was going on there? Maybe Wenger thought that Kozzer could handle Zamora on his own.

Pick three from Song, Arteta, Rosicky and Ramsey but all four doesn’t work properly. No width on the left and too many bodies congesting the mid-field.

Strange ………………..

Typical of Arsenal to falter when the hard work has been done.

The side didn’t look up for it from the start. We lacked balance. RvP has been slightly off form for the last 3 or 4 games. That still makes him a great player by most standards but we can all see the need for an alternative like Podolski when its not happening for him.

Robin’s miss was poor, Song’s misplaced pass that led to their first goal was equally poor. There were several pivotal moments but in all in all we didn’t threaten their goal enough.

150. Gooner In Exile says:

I can see the justification of playing Ramsey, the pitch at Loftus Road is 3 metres narrower and 3 metres shorter than the Emirates, thats a huge difference, even when Theo pulled the full back as wide as he could to leave room for any overlap from Sagna there wasn’t much room inside him for others or him to burst in to. Because of the lack of space in behind there also wasn’t much ability to use pace beyond defenders.

Peaches I don’t think AW would have asked Vermy to be so attacking, but maybe I’m wrong. I would expect

Fair play to Rangers – they wanted it more.

But it’s not the end of the world – just a reminder that every point in this league is only won with total focus and commitment.

We’re missing the BFG.

I thought Dean allowed QPR to foul the whole game, but that’s not an excuse. They just fought harder than us and we weren’t quite on our game.

But I have no doubt we’ll bounce back.

Who are the Spud losing to this weekend?

Maybe the time lapse between games isn’t working in our favour. It was like a time warp back to January watching that performance.

153. SharkeySure says:

“Song’s misplaced pass that led to their first goal was equally poor ”

Rasp, you make it sound like Song played it straight to Taraabt with very little left for the Moroccan to do.

Definitely not how I saw it.

GiE, surely a narrower pitch increases the need for players who are good out wide, not reduces it? They had no problem attacking us down our flanks.

155. Chas says:

Poor team performance on a very poor pitch. We definitely need a pitch at Colney as shit as that to train on.

It was exactly how I saw it Sharkey. He played a lame pass back into the heart of our midfield but nowhere near an Arsenal player – straight into the danger area. Even Song’s greatest supporter LB admits that he makes about 3 passes to no-one every game, this time he didn’t get away with it and it cost us a goal.

157. Gooner In Exile says:

Rasp we were watching a different game then.

Out of Mackie, Tarabt, Barton, Derry and Diakite where are there wingers, or width? Most of those players involvement in the game was central or running from deep to support Zamora.

Ok, I’ve thunk.
    Rubbish game, where there was no room for Robin because we lacked width to stretch them. Arsenal cannot play the Arsenal way with a packed midfield like that. I also agree with Rasp that we lacked a potent goal threat from the bench.
    Having said all that, we are third, have won the last seven on the trot and we simply have to take this kick up the backside, well, up the backside.

159. robbinURpersie says:

what happened to “every game is a cup final”

the players were not hungry at all, we can argue all sorts of things like the pitch, pivotal moments, etc but the tactics were wrong, we lacked width for our style to work, i would have started the ox or gerv in what is already a small pitch in plc of ramsey..we dont have the players for intricate passing to pick the pockets in tight spaces at a plc like loftus rd..

it wasnt happening for theo, shows he needs space to work consistently although it was far from his worst performance and we lost all shape with the last double substitution..

it wasnt our worst performance but what id give for a player like cesc or goetze or maybe jack wilshere for games like this..whoever says we dont need to look in the transfer window for this sort of player is wrong..we are still in a good plc and its no time to turn on our team or players..IT MUST BE THE OPPOSITE.. FAITH!!

im convinced that we’l come out and get a result next wkend..different factors will come in to play…once again our away fans were great and then silence in the last 10 min….stunned, upset, shocked…what happened..

im going to go and find a rock to crawl under and ….shock

160. Gooner In Exile says:

Chas you are probably right, I used to hate training on astro turf for that reason, because it was all very well having a ball run to your feet perfectly but come Saturday when the mole pops up to nod it on its a different game.

I’ll leave you all to stew and see you all later…work to be done.

161. TotalArsenal says:

Song our MOTM today Rasp, and Arteta and Koz a close second. You have got a stronger point about the formation and the lack of width today. But, ultimately, the two players who have done so well for the team recently, TV and RvP, had off-days and that cost us dearly. Nothing to worry about though – it cannot always be Christmas! Next week, we’ll fight for all three points again against the Oilers.

I just want to fast forward to the City game, get back in the saddle at The Ems, and give The Oilers a damn good thrashing.

163. goonermichael says:

I’m not suprised by that result to be honest., We were shit basically. I hope that makes them more resolute for the run in. I agree about Chamakh. There is no one else to bring on. Next season hopefully we’ll have Podolski and Campbell on the bench. All the haters are out on twitter so I’ll leave that for now. I’m not that bothered actually. I still think we’ll get third.

164. robbinURpersie says:

define Ramseys position to me and how he works, and will he develop into a consistent performer?

i dont see him fit into our style of play or the way we should play..i see him as a bench player who you can call on with with 20min to go when your leading 2-1 to solidify that result and maybe nick it..

to be honest if some club offered us 15-20mil id consider it, and if i was his agent id tell him to consider Italy if a decent club came through..IMO he would rip that league apart, perfect pace, wide fields, hed be super quick over there but he cant turn up the pace for us consistently…

we need one or two flair players…

and the gel is weighing us down, maybe park deserved 20minutes today

165. Slimgingergooner says:

Robin,

I agree. With only the league to play in their should be no excuse for us being outbattled. We should be fired up for every game left this season. Sometimes I think Wenger is reluctant to gee up the lads as he thinks that they need to be fully relaxed to play in top gear. This can often make it look like we aren’t as fired up as the opposition.

166. TotalArsenal says:

rURp, you are getting carried away. Ramsey and Rosicky did not have the best of games but lets not jump to such big conclusions as considering offers for Ramsey. He clearly was played out of position and he did ok.

Today’s formation did not work very well, but it could have done. All was going ok, until RvP’s uncharacteristic miss an the unfortunate slip of TV. After that, we lacked composure and a bit of quality to get back into the game.

I don’t think playing Ramsey or Rosicky on the left works for us, but as I said above, it could have done. I would have started with Gervinho, but Wenger decided differently. Ramsey’s best position is in Arteta’s, but the latter has played so well that he has claimed it. He’ll come good though.

167. robbinURpersie says:

We missed arshavin today, gervinho did nothing, and he had plenty of time..we missed an intelligent player who can play i precise ball..simple..it was that type of game and we dont have that type of player..

the board were wrong to let him go..i said it back then and today proves my point..still with good form over in zenit and the euros we should get a good price on him, right?

the stats dont lie, and i dont care if he doesnt “absolutely adore” Arsenal, hes a contracted player and he does the job..

The JOB was not done today!

168. TotalArsenal says:

Funny rURp that we missed Arshavin on a day that we lose. I think we missed TH, DB, RP etc as well today :)

Have you looked at Arshavin’s stats recently? 2 goals and 4 assists in 26 games. You are falling for the same old trick of wishfull thinking – the ‘if only/hindsight’ fallacy: blaming the players on the pitch and saying that those who did not come on would have made a better contribution. If it was only that simple. Like you said earlier, let’s keep the faith. :)

169. goonermichael says:

I disagree about Arshavin. He has obviously got skill and quality but you can’t rely on it.

170. robbinURpersie says:

slim,

its not the teams fighting for trophies so much as the teams fighting a relegation survival that you worry about..

we lost urgency, and vermaelen was maybe too eager. so this means the balance wasnt right..it wasnt our worst performance but we didnt show up

171. goonermichael says:

TV fell over again. Maybe he should have different stud.

172. TotalArsenal says:

Anyway, let the Spuds first get a result against Swansea – I can see the Swans getting a result tomorrow :)

173. robbinURpersie says:

GM,

in games like this he would have created a minimum of 3 chances either for himself or others..he brings people into play..we didnt play today..we lacked intelligent play today to pick them apart, and this is a much smaller pitch than most..sometimes all you need is one chance, Robin had his, we definatelly would of had more..i stand by what i said on him..

One can’t always change a game but it was obvious that we were generally second best to the ball for most of the game. My only qualm is why wait until the 81st minute to bring on chamakh and gervinho. It needed high balls into the box but in fact as the minutes ticked by, QPR kept possession well.
    I have just heard AW’s interview and he was totally honest about the game but I think the hair dryer will fly in the dressing room.

We really need a striker to compliment RVP.Torres has just scored his first goal in the PL in 6 months.RVP can’t do it every game
    I thought beforehand it would be a tight game but one must give QPR credit regardless of their tactics as they are fighting relegation.

I still think there were occasions when a shot was needed from the edge of the area.Diaby would have relished today.
    Now if Spurs win tomorrow and Chelsea are over their blip (even though Villa are in freefall) next weeks game becomes huge.

I won’t make Ramsey a scapegoat as generally only one or two players really shone today.

175. goonermichael says:

Robbin
    He didn’t change the game against the mancs.

We had an off day as a team – I’m amazed that people still want to single out Ramsey.

177. goonermichael says:

They have to blame someone.

Robin,
    players are human. As i said Wenger was totally honest about the game in his post match interview.

179. robbinURpersie says:

Total,
    throw me Ramseys stats please..
    and how many of those has arshavin started..and when he comes on how many times has he made an impact..Once is enough..He got us the points when he produced for thierry..he is a game changer..you can talk all this hindsight bullshit all you like but when we loaned him out i clearly said that the board had made another mistake..and if arshavin was whining then we caved in again like cesc..had he stayed he can secure us points..teams dont win you titles, SQUADS DO..

we have no impact players on our bench, maybe thats in transition too

180. goonermichael says:

I’d have Park on over Chamakh though

181. Gooner In Exile says:

It was a bad result but to pick apart the failings is to undo much of the good work over the last few weeks.

I’m probably one of the few who thinks Chelsea winning today is a good thing. Psychologically if they had lost today Spurs only thought would be chasing us, now they are looking over their shoulder too.

When you look over your shoulder you generally slow down and go backwards….we were guilty of that today and it has been happening to City over the last few games.

182. robbinURpersie says:

No one is singalling out ramsey! the game wasnt suited to him from ther start..i said that in an earlier comment..but i did say that i failed to define his position in our side..or for our style..

Total clarified that he was suited to an arteta role, then why the hell is he on the pitch with arteta..why is he taking the ball off arteta in the middle of the park..

As for my comment on Ramsey suited to an italian style its true..Ramsey reminds me off Carrick, nothing flash, can be off and on but nothing special..he can do a job..but nothing special..Hes yet to convince me for a starting spot

183. TotalArsenal says:

RurP, the two impact players that came on, The Ox and Gervinho, have better assists/goals stats this season than your beloved Russian. If it makes you feel better, hold on to your illusion. The team lost today, not one or two individuals. That team won us our last 6 games – with the same individuals – but it was not to be today. But as I said before, some supporters can only deal with a loss by having a go at individual players after a game, and it is your right to do so.

184. TotalArsenal says:

Night all. ‘The Voice’ is on shortly: harmless family viewing! :)

185. goonermichael says:

Ramsey is in a different league to carrick. carrick is topilet.

This is for you Robbin

186. robbinURpersie says:

Not just blaming GM, criticising yes..constructive yes..nothing went right today and we need to learn from and identify all our mistakes..whether its the tactics, the players, the passion, the fitness/fatigue, subs..these are the things we need to learn and analyse especially in a transitional year..

You cant make these mistakes when your fighting at the top for titles and it becomes close, just look at city..we are in a fight of our own and we cant just brush the performance aside..

187. oz gunner says:

we just didnt show up, it’s as simple as that. Yes some played better and i’m sure Arsene will point that out. However, we will quickly move on because the next game is a big one. Lets close out the season from here on out!

188. goonermichael says:

I didn’t say you were blaming robbin. I think Ramsey is much better than carrick and he’s younger

IMO. The problem started with the pitch. Compounded by a selection error by AW – if he plays Ramsey then Santos should start at LB.

But credit to QPR, they played very well, with lots of energy and power and we couldn’t break them down.

There will be better days.

190. TERRY MANCINI DEMANDS KELSEYS HAIRLINE says:

I am not in the least bit concerned about the performace today, these type of displays and results are not going to away over night, there are more round the corner, and some next season to.

My point is this, we sit here analysing our tactics and individual performances, and thats all well and good, but i prefer to critic a fine painting when its finished rather than half complete. In terms of approach, we are a one dimensional team. We attack, pass and move, and this invariably leads us open to counter attacks.

We will not change our philosophy. We will continue to play our game and not concern ourselves with our opponents. What will change then? Players will mature and effectivness will go up in spades. In a year a two, teams setting there stall out against us will find thats it not enough, we will blow them away.

191. goonermichael says:

I was watching on a small window as I’m at work. The whole team looked below par. I haven’t seen either goal as I was taking a bill as they scored and my stream froze as Theo scored.

192. robbinURpersie says:

Given..but the game wasnt for him today..it wasnt his game against everton..or the games wer’nt made for him..IMO the change should have been made on the 60th min, and the last subs were made too late in the game for an impact..This would have hurt alot more had we been tied for first with our run in..we are missing players to make todays results go in our favour..

193. oz gunner says:

RuVP ramsey is something special, lets not forget this is his first proper season back after that terrible injury, and he is playing out of position. To say he doesn’t fit our style is a touch harsh (especially the carrick comment as carrick is very overrated), because he is more of a box-to-box style player. Why play him against QPR when arteta is playing? I assume because it’s an away game and Arsene wanted that extra body in midfield in an attempt to control the game. Today it just didn’t work, but hey every minute ramsey plays is a learning curve for the lad, and he will be better for it. No-one was a stand out today, verm had a uncharacteristic game but hey who knew that was possible?!

You are saying Ramsey is nothing flashy, then what is Arteta? You need players to do specific roles in a team, when Arteta moves on it is Ramsey who will take that role, only difference is he will be better at it! Find his shooting boot and he is going to be one hell of a world class player

194. goonermichael says:

I’m off see you later

195. robbinURpersie says:

OK we lacked bite today but The team will naturally look below par when the balance is not right or the tactics are not working..Ramsey is not a counter attacking player, the sub should be made the minute we go behind that late in the game..We play better when in a more attacking formation, this was QPR for fecks sake..Not one full international..yes the pitch was bad but there is a bigger picture..

im off Gnight all, sorry if i pissed anyone off

196. chas – did you see I volunteered you to write about your Loftus Road experience ……… can you?

197. Chas says:

Piches,
    Dint you reed i stirted trinkin at tin ocrock thes mrning

198. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches…..ahem…..you seemed to get quite a good view of the game, and Rasp did too. We haven’t had a match report from you two in an age. :)

Ahem,
    That wasn’t funny, or clever or even Chas.
    I have me coat.

200. neamman says:

Disappointing but we have had at least 2 wins on Merseyside we probably didnt deserve so we were overdue for a bad result. As for the article.. it always surprises me the hatred for players due to off field behaviour. Maybe Im a cynic but I firmly believe there are many of our players we would dislike if we got to know them personally. To me.. as long as a player shows up on the field his private life..is just that. I would take Barton as a squad player any day unless it could be proven he disrupts the dressing room. That being said the article was well written and enjoyable.

201. chas has declined !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone else fancy writing something for tomorrow ………

202. Angus MacDougall says:

I agree with Gooner In Exile at 8:09

I have work tomorrow and spend a minimum of 10 hours a week doing stuff for the blog so I won’t be volunteering for a match report – it may have to be an April fool = no report :(

204. Gooner In Exile says:

Rafa Nadal is a Gooner

205. I’ve accepted the challenge – you know you’ll be sorry :P

206. goonermichael says:

Cheer up :)

Peaches

There are a few words in drafts should you need.

208. oz gunner says:

@ RuVP

”Not one full international”

Adel Taarabt= Moroccan International
    Samba Diakite= Mali International
    Taye Taiwo= Nigerian International
    Jamie Mackie= Scottish International

209. Gooner In Exile says:

Bobby Zamora = England International *shudder*

210. robbinURpersie says:

my apologies..in the heat of the moment i worded it incorrectly and exadurated (spelling) my thoughts like the fisherman that i am..

in honesty, i have seen Zamora play a bit part role for England and knew somewhat about Taiwo through his connection with us in the TW and milan..

the thoughts i had and the point i was trying to make ( but rudely ignored the facts) was the comparison in quality between players..england winger v nigerian fulback should be no comparison, morocco along with nigeria would lose every day of the wk to the international representation in our midfield..

for some reason it didnt work for us as a unit, and we could see which players it wasnt working for individually..changes needed to be made and they were made too late..

and on qpr part they had brilliant individual performances that stumped us..(seems to always happen the Arsenal)
    Taarabt choose to turn up and have his best match all yr , hes been shite up until this game, diakhate clicked and i half expected a contest from zamora, but didnt expect the best centre back pairing in the last two months to crack against him (he will not make the england squad in Euros IMO)..

Frustrated..our midfield was bunched up and looked confused, we agreed before the everton game that for weeks our style was defined and we played better with rosicky advancing in a system excluding ramsey..the results prove it..

you can argue and even i agree that aginst everton ramsey was a tactical switch..we expected a tight game and it was smart to compact ther midfield and it worked..Ramsey can defend and can look dangerous at the other end (even nick it ala marseille)
    but …C”MON Guys..the tactics didnt work yesterday, we were playing against a relegation struggling team, the points were there for the taking and we didnt want them..

after all the hard work, this happens, a mid table performance. its a steep learning curve… on paper this was a definite win, a must, there was no reason to feel angst or worry..we had our fullbacks in so we should have been fluent…right?, no injuries, are we tired? geez, on that logic, spuds and chelski should be losing 4-1 from fatigue..NOT GOOD ENOUGH, and i dont believe anything to be wrong with constructive critisism, had we lost or drawn against any of liverpool newcastle i would have kept my mouth shut

im still really cut and it hurts..im not attacking anyone, but when the players lose i lose and i hate that..thats not to say that after my usual mourning period, and bitching i wont be as positive as ever in my support for the gunS..far from it..

Its the Best time..

sorry for the rant, il leave now

rURp,
    Good rant, and I completely agree about the tactics. I moaned about that team selection before kick off against Everton. We got away with it there, so why start like that against QPR. We were playing straight into their hands rather than imposing our own formidible style on them.
    Arsene had a bad day as well as most of the team.
    All of us would have taken the points total over the last eight games, none of us would have predicted where te one loss would have come from.
    That’s football.
    I agree with you that yesterday we could have avoided the tactical blunder and

rURp,
    When you say you are a fisherman, is that hobby or profession?

213. robbinURpersie says:

Morning Micky,

thanks.. ahh, a very keen hobby

214. robbinURpersie says:

in the summer months i go spear fishing at least twice a wk..in the off season i dont mind rock fishing..if i could afford the boat that i like id be on the water for the entire off season and avoid any transfer speculation until its a done job ;-)

the deep freezer has been empty of late :-(

I am off to Ireland for a week on wednesday, and the car will be loaded down with collapsible lobster/prawn pots!
    Spear fishing? Is that a drysuit or wetsuit affair wherever you live?

I think you are in NZ, right? That means the footie off season is winter for you, so presumably the sea would be choppy, or in South Atlantic speak, bloody terrifying.

This is where we went before ko yesterday. Atlantic coast. Great lobster country!
    Not my vid, just found it on youtube.

218. robbinURpersie says:

Spear Fishing= 3mm wetsuit in summer
    5mm wetsuit in winter

im from Australia..i think its the natives that do the drysuit affair..
    catching pelaigic and sportsfish fish off the rocks is best in choppy conditions..stirrs up all the bait and natural food from the rocks in the water..can be and is very dangerous, i wear a pair of rock plates on the soles of my shoes

I am off to Italy on Tuesday. No fishing though – not very good at killing things, which being a meat and fish lover is hypocritical.

Do you have to dive with air tanks to go spear fishing? I know nothing about it!

220. robbinURpersie says:

Ahh micky,

now if i could explain to a person the place where id like to retire that would be it..Throw in a bit of sunshine and Bobs your uncle ;-)

Lobster=yumm cuttlefish=yumm, although spearing a squid or cuttlefish and my favourite ‘Blue Groper’ incurrs a massive fine up to $50,000.oo dollars..

the temptation is always there..

Mickey, Arsenal aside there is no better feeling than coming out of the ocean with your lungs completely open sucking in the sea air after a dive with dinner on your belt, add a good glass of wine or heineken in the summer and that my friend is life..good food and good company

Wow. Micky that is such a beautiful place. Would love to take Mrs. Raddy there one day.

She thinks England is Oxford St and Marks & Spencers.(slight exaggeration :-) )

rURp,
    Agree. The white building in the vid is a pub. The Wreckers Inn! The coast is lethal in big swells due to the rocks. Plenty of sandier bottomed bits nearby, but we get surfers killed every year. Vid is about 20 mins from where we live.

223. robbinURpersie says:

morning Raddy,

it is ilegal to dive with air tanks and similar fines exist..its all free diving on a single breath hold..in my younger days i could stay under for about 1.5-2min, now i smoke up to a pack a day cigarettes and i last 40 sec at most..

some of the pros can last up to 8min, body, lung and mind conditioning..

by the way, plenty of sexy little italian fish in the fashion capitals of milan ;-) just depends how you choose to hook up :-)

224. robbinURpersie says:

micky,
    Devon and its coast is now on my ‘to-do’ list in life..hope it happens sooner than later and we can have a beer a the ‘wreckers inn’ and talk tactics :-)

robbin.Thanks. What are rock plates?

Raddy,
    You are both welcome to come and stay whenever you like.

8 mins!!! Sounds like those Japanese pearl diving women.

Robbin. My days of hooking up are over – I don’t have enough bait!

rURp,
    North Devon only. South Devon is developed and horrible. The vid is only a mile walk on the cliffs from Cornwall ie West Devon.

230. robbinURpersie says:

its a gadget designed to screw into the bottom of any old shoes/sneakers, to give you grip when standing on Rocks and cliffs made out of metal and absolute suicide not to wear them no matter how favourable the conditions may seem..things can change in the blink of an eye..

we lost a fisherman yesterday on our east coast, his son jumped in to save him but the swell was too strong..some places are too scary but investing in a life jacket is a good move also

BR :-)

232. robbinURpersie says:

Raddy @8.51am,
    LOL..sometimes the bait doesnt work..You use or wisdom and local surroundings to turn things in your favour.

a great fisherman will learn to improvise

Damn it. Saw Peaches was looking for a match write up and eventually LB volunteered. Just realised its April Fools Day, so I could have done one afterall. The score would have been 8-0 to the good guys with DB10 bagging a hatrick on his comeback. Bugger.

Bloody hell. I had no idea that a peaceful day out fishing could be so dangerous.

Denmark is a flat land with a high point of 140m ( called the “Sky Mountain”) so no need for rock plates.

Raddy,
    Sky Mountain at 140m. That’s quite funny.

Shame Micky.

Would have been a cracking idea.

I am numb about yesterday. Although we can say “it was a bad day at the office” ( I have never worked in an office, so I assume it must be very bad!) the fact remains they we lost to a poor team who raised their game, why couldn’t we respond in kind?

Micky. There is even a hotel at the top which they call a “spa” and people go to take the mountain air!

Raddy,
    Pond fishing is peaceful, although on the whole its the reserve of people who hate their wives and children, have no mates and are usually camouflage wearing murderers.

239. robbinURpersie says:

Raddy, we have some beautiful lakes and rivers here and have also fished peacefull conditions like that in Croatia and New Zealand..it was my favourite past time sitting on a river bank with my esky full of beers and a spliff in the other (shhh, i didnt say that) hand waiting for the rod tip to bounce whilst dreaming about living in DB10’s shoes for a day…then i unfortunately had to grow up..

i need the adrenaline now to kick start my heart

Raddy,
    That really is funny.

241. Gooner In Exile says:

I do like Devon but I find the coastal towns just a little bit drab (Woolacombe, Barnstaple two that spring to mind as needing TLC). I prefer Cornish seaside towns.

But having found Pembrokeshire last year I have a new favourite.

It is where I returned later in the year to do this:

(me on front right telling him to make the jump

I go off the big jump at around 6:50 (look for the biggest splash)

242. robbinURpersie says:

Morning GiE,

how high is the jump?
    thats awesome by the way

243. Gooner In Exile says:

The biggest jump is 15m when tide is lowest I reckon it was 12-13 when we did it.

It’s an old slate quarry for the biggest jump which the sea has come in to, they haven’t mapped depths in some parts and the big jump is off a man made straight edge. The scarier jump psychologically was about 5metres off a real cliff. It was all organised and guided but a massive adrenaline rush.

GIE

Have you seen the beach near Newgale?

GiE,
    Really nice. Geologically speaking, West Wales and North West Devon/North Cornwall are the same. I agree we don’t have nice towns, but I get my fill when I go to see The Gunners!

246. Gooner In Exile says:

I have LB the long expanse of sand. I didn’t find a bad beach as me, MrsGiE and dog walked as much of the coastal path as possible. All offering something a little different.

You know how the title of this post is Join Together well that’s what we’re going to do with the two match reports – join them together.

LB – I hope you don’t mind if I tag yours onto mine.

Family and I were walking along Coastal path recently and ran into couple walking their pet dog and pet sheep!! Slightly worrying don’t you think.

This is just behind my house.

250. Gooner In Exile says:

Haha Micky I just think the towns look unloved (I’m sure the locals don’t mind all tourists heading to Cornish beaches) and I’ve grown tired of Newquay especially as it has become the “go to” for stag/hens and school leavers. But round the corner
    There is Crantock which I do like a lot.

I stayed up near Baggy Point in Croyde the beach was great, views amazing but that’s my only positive for the area. If I’d been in total isolation I wouldnt have minded, but the town/village was uninspiring in terms of food/drink.

I haven’t booked for this year yet but am thinking Porthcurno in South Cornwall.

251. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches haven’t you noticed we’re all having a day off from football.

252. oz gunner says:

That looks like good fun GiE, very jealous. looks a touch cold for my liking though.

Damn you RuVP all that talk leaves me eager to retire and spend my days doing the same. Except replace fishing with beach running, a comfy chair, and a good book.

Good rant btw, and i fully understand, in the heat/anger of the moment we can say anything.

For fresh water fishing it’s hard to beat Canada.

There are over 3 million lakes in Canada and 250, 000 here in Ontario, including the Great Lakes of Superior, Ontario, Huron and Erie.

Lake Ontario alone covers 19,000 square kilometers.

254. …… or shall we just talk about beaches and fishing :P

255. oz gunner says:

retirement place picked:

256. I won’t publish then until you’re all beached out, can someone text me when you’re finished cos I’m just popping into the garden

257. Gooner In Exile says:

In Italy Raddy?

Looks very familiar but I didn’t see that advertised when I stayed in Gavi. Then again not sure the wide would’ve seen it as a honeymoon activity.

258. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches there was supposed to be a ;) at the end.

Peaches,

I’m happy to talk football or fishing – but please get rid of the picture of Barton………………..

260. oz gunner says:

you lucky so and so BR, that looks awesome

261. oz gunner says:

haha well said G5, it really is torture refreshing all the time and seeing that very punchable thug on the screen!

262. oz gunner says:

@ GiE

dont let your mrs read that typo @ 9.50 haha

263. I’ve zapped him, he’s gone :)

264. robbinURpersie says:

GN5, i would have to agree about canada and its lakes..but thats only going by what ive heard..ive never been there..

Canadas lakes and New Zealands mountain rivers are top shelf when it comes to trout fishing..

GiE, most places are better when your secluded..

Oz, i remember sky diving few times in southern WA..the view over margaret river, esperance etc..i still rate Western Australias beaches the best in this country, a match world wide..

265. robbinURpersie says:

OZ,

id be extinct now if i used the term “wide” :-)

BR,
    Bloody hell that’s stunning countryside. Great video. My daughter would be down that cascade faster than an eel on steroids.

267. New Post ……………

268. If you don’t want to talk football just stay on here and talk beaches and fishing and countryside ……. enjoy :)

Silly us thinking we could talk about beaches with authority. It is a bit like fighting a battle with a twig for a weapon only to have Oz weigh in with a baseball bat. When it comes to beaches we just ain’t going to beat the Aussies.

That looks a seriously good beach Oz.

Next week my wife is going paragliding here over the cliffs with a golden eagle in flight alongside. I believe its the onlt place in the world you can do it. How cool will that be?

271. oz gunner says:

How many times have you done it RuVP, i’ve only done it the once (bloody amazing), but i’d like to do it enough times so i can get a solo licence. Although i’d have to do it inland because i would panic up a storm if i ended up in the ocean

272. robbinURpersie says:

LB, your right ;-)

Oz,
    4 jumps tandem over the 2yrs i stayed in WA..need 6 more to go solo..its been a while in between drinks so im not sure if that would effect it..my last jump was with WA.skydiving in Rockingham, i saw rottnest and bunbury..it gets cheaper with every jump too..

273. oz gunner says:

that would be unreal Micky, very jealous of your mrs. It’d feel like something out of a movie.

@ LB

it is, beaches are picture perfect, locals are very friendly, food is great, and the weather is amazing. The breeze keeps the temperature from being unbearable. All this talk makes me want to jump in the car on head on down there.

ok folks i’m off to the post. Enjoy the chat for those sticking around

In case you all missed it, there’s a ….

…. New post …….

275. Penelope says:

juegos Supongamos su persona está jugando unas juego de actividad

276. Jaqueline says:

juegos en linea Si desea descubrir juegos sobre despreciable valor

277. Ursula says:

filmy online En cierta medida curva patria porque arrojo se manifiesta que tienen ellas monto

278. Delphia says:

It’s an amazing piece of writing for all the internet visitors; they will obtain advantage from it I am sure.

279. Leonard says:

Hi there, this weekend is nice in support of me, since this occasion i am reading this great educational post here at my residence.