Chavs v Spuds: Which Result is Best For Arsenal?

On Wednesday night the planets were clearly aligned in a perfect pattern to benefit Arsenal.

We got a hard-fought win at Goodison Park, a ground where Chelsea, Manchester City and the N17 Reprobates have all crashed and burned recently.

And while we were doing that the Spuds, with their enduring sense of comedy timing, were dropping two points at home to Stoke and the Chavs were losing at the Oil Refinery.

Even Liverpool got in on the act, going down 2-3 at QPR.

It’s nights like that that make you believe God is a Gooner. (Oh yeah, He is… and He used to wear the No 10 shirt).

Now fast forward to Saturday, and the early kick-off between Chelsea and T*ttenham. What result would suit us best in that game?

Here are the options:

Spuds Win

The up side: if we feel that the absolute priority between now and the end of the season is to secure a top four finish, then the best result for us is probably a Spuds win. Chelsea are already six points behind us and, if we can beat Villa and the Spuds beat the Chavs, the gap between us and fifth place will be a very comfortable nine points, with eight games left to play.

The down side: the Rioters would still be only a point behind us. And a win at The Bridge might be the sort of result that could kick start them for a strong run-in.

Spuds supporters seem to think their final eight games are the easiest run-in they’ve had in years.

With home games against Swansea, Norwich, Blackburn and Fulham and away fixtures at Sunderland, Bolton, QPR and Aston Villa you can see what they mean. But several of those games involve clubs likely to be in the relegation dogfight, so points will be far from guaranteed.

Nevertheless, if the Spuds beat Chelsea the prospect of them pipping us to third place becomes more real and – perish the thought – that would mean the cancellation of this year’s St Totteringham’s Day.

Chavs Win

The up side: if the Chavs mash the Spuds, it’s possible that the Tiny Totts’ season will continue to implode and they will struggle to hang on even to fourth place. One point from 15 would be a terrible return for the Totts and would add even more volume to the sounds of wailing and gnashing of teeth that have been drifting across North London from the N17 slums.

That’s clearly a good thing. The Spudders began crowing very early this season and finishing outside the top four would be like teaching them a cosmic lesson.

And we would all get to celebrate St Totteringham’s Day. Hooray.

The down side: three points for Chelsea would keep them only six points behind us (or even closer if we fail to beat Villa) and would ensure that there was still a three way battle for the third and fourth spots.

The Draw

Up side: if we can beat Villa, the draw is not a bad result at all for us.  Chelsea would be eight points adrift of us and our lead over the Totts would have extended to three points.

Both sides will have gone in to the game feeling it’s a ‘must win’, and for neither to do so will be a psychological blow.

Down side: unlike the two “win” scenarios, the draw deals less of a savage body blow to either of our main rivals for the Champions League spots. Although they would be disappointed, but sides could portray the result as a part of their recovery process.

Of course it goes without saying that whatever the result we would also like to see a mass brawl, multiple sendings off and some major suspensions.

Conclusions

If we can continue our recent form – and I don’t see why we can’t now that most of our squad is fit and we have the twin weapons of confidence and momentum – then who gives a flying fandango what those other, second rate London outfits do?

But if you pushed me to plump for one of the three possible results it would be a Chelsea win. I just never want the Spuds to get anything and, if they miss out on Champions League this year, I will spend all summer laughing.

What result do you think benefits us the most?

RockyLives

249 Responses to Chavs v Spuds: Which Result is Best For Arsenal?

1. goonermichael says:

As lomg as we win I’m not that bothered

2. goonermichael says:

Injuries and suspensions would be a bonus though

3. Morning all, that’s the question we’re all thinking of at the moment The Rock and the points for and against each scenario are well argued, sir.

For me it was a toss up between a draw and a chav win, but after much deliberation I have to go for a Chav win on the basis that the Spud games till the end of the season are much easier and we have the opportunity to take points off of the Chavs at our place.

I think securing 3rd is more important than widening the gap between 4th and 5th.

4. GLH says:

an arsenal win, i also wish i could bin both tems in contention…

5. and in my role as agent provocateur with regards to the cats or dogs question thatr’s been raging here lately I’m going to make myself very unpopular by saying “neither”.

I think keeping pets is wrong….prepares to dive for cover.

6. goonermichael says:

I agree chary
    A dog is not just for Christmas it’s for boxing day with bubble and squeak too :)

7. FlaGoon says:

5-5 and tons of injuries on both sides!

8. That’s what they say in Korea GM, lol.

9. offiong says:

I’d rather go for a draw. †☺ be 8points ahead of chelsea and 3 ahead. Of d scumw ould be massive with 8games left.

10. kenneth says:

a draw is not abad results both teams dropping two points a piece might ease up the preasure a bit of cause if we beat villa having in mind that we host chelsea in two or so weeks time. beating them will obviously see them almost giving up on the fourth position n leaving us concentrating on cementing the third position

One of my mates went for a Chelsea win but I think the draw is better. You didn’t mention that Chelsea (although difficult with Barca still there) could still win the ECL and what would that mean to us if we were 4th. A draw would put Chelsea 8 behind if we beat Villa which is a lot to make up even with a game against us. A 3 point gap on Spurs is still healthy at this time of the season so I go for the draw.

12. Akan udoh says:

Well 4 all d three options, i pick a draw scenario. While d boys do a good job of winning ASTON VILA

13. evonne says:

Beast – explain yourself!! Why is it wrong??

Oz – sorry, sorry, sorry, I have just thought of something – they don’t tolerate heat well, in fact my little grandson was in hospital last year he was so dehydrated

Rocky – I want to leave reading your post for tonight as a special Sabbath treat, but I had a sneak preview and it is hillarious :)

Another downside to Spuds win – Chas and Dave might write another song, yak

14. evonne says:

GoonerB – you made mem smile :) Do you really think that Chavs could win the CL?

15. fana says:

i want a draw mate. n i would realy want spurs to finish 3rd. i wnt to see blood drain out of abromovich’s face when he realises they would not be playing championship football next year. all that wasted cash. haha!

16. Evonne, well I just think animals shouldn’t be kept in captivity as it’s not “natural” – for the same reason that zoo’s are wrong also.

I know what you’re thinking(my new catch phrase, borrowed from T.S. Magnum)that I’m odd to think that

Possibly, but I find it easier to think that after dog fouling everywhere and kiddies occasionally getting eaten by dangerous dogs.

Plus I kinda feel the need to be the one that swims against the tide, this may come from beinhg the only Gooner in a school full of manks growing up in South east London.

17. robbinURpersie says:

“who gives a flying fandango what those other, second rate London outfits do?”….hahaha

Rocky, top post mate..

Chelsea win will do fine..cant stand the spuds, and their run in looks straight forward should they build any confidence, so on that note i say kick em while theyre down..its what the did to us when we had no fullbacks..Time to be ruthless and go for the jugular..

As Tommi V said, its all up to us..to concentrate on our own performances as the ball is in our court..In saying that, if spuds lose it will give us a minor insurance policy as i expect our toughest game against Man $hitty…take any advantage we can get and i also feel that chel$ki will drop more points as well, without getting complacent i feel that they are out of the race and will go all out in Europe this year…

18. Panic says:

Arsenal win and Chavs and Spuds kick the granny out of eachother and have a bore draw.

That would leave us 3 and 8 points in front of them and Chavs having to visit us after an FA cup semi and between the 1st and 2nd leg of their CL semi-finals against Barca.

Perfick.

19. Simon says:

I put my mum in a home two years ago and they have a lower age than the spuds . That is why we should want a Chavs victory and the Spuds to come fourth . Chelski would be finito , I don’t worry what the Totts do as long as we are above them and are winning.

20. Ugo odenison says:

Draw is the best resuit so dat will gap chelsea with 8 points and totts with 3 points.arsenal 4 life

21. robbinURpersie says:

@ fana,

“spurs for 3rd”….ahem, PLEASE EXPLAIN? :-(

22. CB says:

Easy, a draw – alway better for them to total 2 points from the match rather than one of them get 3 and a boost.

23. Yaks Dan says:

Draw would be best for us.

24. TotalArsenal says:

Cover your eyes Gus – The Rock shakes and another fine post is born! :)

I did not grow up with a deep, deep dislike of the Spuds as many other Gooners have, but I do have an intensive dislike of everything Abramovich’s Chelsea stands for. It would be a tremendous victory over the shamelessly title-buying, self-adoring oily sugar-daddies, if both Arsenal and the Spuds could finish in the top-4.

However, finishing third is very important for us as it would save us from having to play the nervy and disruptive CL-qualifiers. The Spuds are our main competitors for that spot atm, and if we can create a gap of 4 points this weekend, we should take it. We can sort out the Chavs when they come to THOF anyway. A draw would not be bad either though.

But the most important thing is to focus on OUR game(s). Aston Villa will be another hard nut to crack.

25. robbinURpersie says:

hi Total,

agreed, aston villa will be another hard nut to crack..the sort of game that if you want the points that bad it can easily cost us an injury or suspension..

Koscielny must not recieve a yellow card for the next two games till the next round of yellows/suspensions clears- he is currently on 9..
    Its not the time of year we really want djourou in the mix…koscielny will have to play two near perfect games..

26. WiganGooner says:

Cracking analysis and conclusions Rocky, great job.

I agree with you, their result is relatively unimportant as long as we continue in this vein of form then I expect us to get the 3 points against Villa.

However, in the interests of having a cushion between us and the scum from down t’road I would prefer a Chelski win. A 3 point lead is not to be sniffed at, especially not at this point.

WG

Sorry Evonne been away for a bit. I didn’t think Porto would win the CL or Greece the Europeans either so stranger things have happened. I think the odds are heavily against Chelsea so I can’t see it happening, but if they revert to the tighter physical style of play they employed under Mourinho and hit on the break (which they looked a bit like against Napoli) then they could frustrate a couple of the better teams and scrape through much as inter did against Barca 2 years back so you never know.

28. Ade David, a Nigerian Gooner. says:

Beautiful write up Rocky. God is Gunner wearing No 10 jersy? It made me laugh. I ‘ll say it is the favour of God for the Gunners. I ‘ll prefer the 3rd options. Let the two of them drop points, ie draw. I cant see Spurs winning. There is no easy run anywhere. You are either fighting for survival or top spot. We shall win tomorrow by the grace of God bcos God is a Gunner now but not wearing jersy No 10. Up Arsenaaal

29. TotalArsenal says:

Hi rURp – you have been in fine form recently (I just cannot help myself from ‘Gushing’!)!

I think Villa will be up for this one. They scored twice against us in January so will feel confident they can score against us. There is not much left in their season other than these sort of games where they are the underdog and they can have a go without too much pressure. We need to be focussed from the start and work out socks off again.

I have no worries about Djourou at all. He would come into a strong back-5 with Sagna on his right and TV on his left, and I think he would shine for us. I also would not like to see Koz play with the handbreak on.

What is the weather like in your part of the world? And do you ever have snakes near/around your house at all?

30. uche Ekeh says:

I think that AW prefer the 4th place afterall 4th is a trophy and he will allow us to go trophyless.
    The question is who will finish 3rd between spurs and chavski? But I rather prefer swansea.

31. TotalArsenal says:

Some fine logic there uche! :)

UCHE,
    You do not follow The Arenal do you?

I’ll tell you who you follow sheeplike..legrove, so go back to where your sort belong.

34. robbinURpersie says:

a letter to Mr Wenger:-

Dear Mr Wenger, i have scouted around the blog sites and found a gem for you on AA..a real diamond in the rough..

he goes by the name of ‘uche Ekeh’

attributes:- known to confuse opposition defences :-) :-)

35. robbinURpersie says:

Total,

its still summer or coming to an end, has been suprisingly wet and cold compared to summers past..
    No, no snakes where i am, im only 25 minutes from Sydney Central..the snakes and vermon are all ‘outback’ (middle of Oz..desert!)..i get to see all that once a year when we take our annual hunting and fishing trip..(the off season for Arsenal can get depressing :-) )

36. TotalArsenal says:

Big day today. Daughter (7) is wearing her Arsenal shirt – given to her a few years ago by me as a blantant attempt of indoctrination – for the first time. There is a Sport Relief day at her school and she will have to defend the might red and white colours against the green and yellow of the Canaries and other inferior colour combinations. I gave her three words to say against every attempt to have a go at her today: ‘Class is permanent’ – never too early to introduce big words! :)

37. robbinURpersie says:

lol :-) Fantastic three words Total

I bet they were Dennis Bergkamps first Ever words….
    “dada, class is permanent” (obviously in dutch) :-)

38. TotalArsenal says:

RurP, I know what you mean re the off-season! What kind of animals do you hunt for?

39. TotalArsenal says:

His first word was Goo Gooo Gooooo Goooooner :)

40. Gunners says:

@ Fana Spuds for 3rd?! NO! Arsenal 3rd Spuds 4th Chavs Nothing money spent for nothing! Be real Fana Your no Gunner!

41. robbinURpersie says:

wild boar, goat, duck, quails, fox, kangaroo (considered a pest and naturally detructive to our farmers) funny that the kangaroo is on our coat of arms yet its ‘Open Season’

42. robbinURpersie says:

:-) goo goo gooner..

now who did you say was in fine form?

To the Rocky Post.
    I nailed on my colours earlier this morning and went for the Rocky conclusion of a Chav win. However, unlike him, I had not thought about the Spud run in and what confidence they might gain from a win.
    In short, Rocky has added thought, logic and weight to my gut want.
    Thanks for that Rocky.

44. TotalArsenal says:

Wow RurP, you are spoiled for choice. Shooting a kangaroo must be tricky or do you jump up and down as well whilst taking aim? :)

rURp,
    With the exception of fox, that’s one great sounding game pie all marinated in one of those hairy Australian reds.
    One question, goat? Do you have wild ones, or do you just like annoying local farmers?

I make this a hard game to call.
    Chelsea have played 14 at Home and Spurs 15,whilst Away chelsea have played 15 and Spurs 14 and on current form Chelsea have won 2 in 6 and Spurs 1 in 6 (in the PL)

Chelsea have coneded more at Home than all teams up to and including 15th. place bar Fulham yet are 3rd.highest joint goal scorers at Home and Spurs are 8th highest scorers away.

These games are invariably close but my hunch is that Chelsea will win by the odd goal.

The best result for us has to be a draw as we will be going into our game knowing we can widen the gap on both of them.

Total,
    That is such a funny image :-)

48. TotalArsenal says:

Micky, any outcome is a benefit to us in reality. A spuds win and a win for us against Villa means almost certainly a top-4 finish – who would not want this in the bag at this stage?! Most important thing is that we win on Saturday.

49. Arsedave says:

RL Great post as usual

A Spuds win is best for us to keep the 9pt gap like you say. 7 wins on the trot for us – nice

Don’t think we’ll have to even qualify for the Champions League this time, I couldn’t bear another 2 games like the Udinese ones.

50. dandan says:

Great post Rocky. Needed a good laugh the lousy morning I am having But heh bottom line for me, win our games and let the others all fight among themselves.

51. TotalArsenal says:

Btw if we win our remaining 9 games this season, we will break our own 2002 nationwide-record of winning the most consecutive games (14).

52. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

Total thats the way forward.My four year old son is now pure Red and White now.Bought him an Arsenal top couple of weeks ago and he just wont let go of it.First day he wore it was at his little Kickers classes he told me he wanted to be Van Persie.I wore my Red and Whites too.Most of the parents are Spudders and were telling us how Spurs are on the up and we are in decline that was the Sunday we played them and they were all confident that Spurs would win and told me we would analyse the game the following week.The poor spudders have not been turning up since the 5-2 defeat at the Emirates.Is it me or Spurs fans have this retard look in them?

53. Cpt BlackBeard says:

LMAO: Did you just refer to the Etihad stadium as an Oil Refinery? classic

Total,
    As I said while you were still in bed ( :-) ) you are right about the logic of ending saturday nine points ahead of fifth. Problem is, the “other” team involved is Spurs, and I do not want them £20m CL richer and being annoying again next season.
    I’m also thinking of my Gooner brothers and sisters who live in N London and the fun they will have discussing the shift in power :-)

55. TotalArsenal says:

ParkRoyal – great name btw – I wish it was that easy with my daughter. It has been very hard to develop the DNArsenal in her. I blame the wife who just has not a single cel of football-genes in her (when I married her I still thought I could change the world, let alone her appreciation of footie….).

I agree with you re the facial expression on Spurs supporters – reality can be a hard bite in the arse!

I don’t think Park Ryal is so brilliant because its on the central line. I like places on the Piccadily or Victoria line as its straight to the home of football :-)

57. TotalArsenal says:

Micky, whilst you appear to be a part-time school-runner – as and when it fits your delicate morning plans (?) – I am on a full-time shift, and am seldom or never able to blog leisurely on early mornings, ike you! :)

Good points though about bragging rights re ‘shift in power’ :)

58. micklister says:

A boring 0 – 0 draw with a mass brawl and red cards towards the end including Lampard for nutting twitchy cos he thought he was coming onto him with a wink and Terry for scratching Lampard cos he though he was being two-timed.

59. micklister says:

But who cares as long as we stay focussed and keep doing the business.

60. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

Thanks Total.My son has developed the DNArsenal very rapidly.He even looks at pictures in my Arsenal History book to the dismay of my wife.I wish i could take him to one of the matches but cost has been a major issue especially now with the arrival of my three month old baby and who is a gooner in the making with her gooner baby grows.

My delicate morning plans :-)

62. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

Micky89 Park Royal is the biggest industrial estate in Europe.I work for an OB company here in Park Royal.If you love top notch lunches Park Royal is not for you.There is only a massive Asda which is overcrowded most of the times a few greasy spoons with dodgy health and safety certificates.

ParkRoyal,
    My favourite baby bib was the “I dribble better than Rocky Rocastle”

64. TotalArsenal says:

ParkRoyal, I am jealous, but maybe today my daughter will embrace the mighty red and white colours!

65. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

MickD lol.my daughter has one that says “My First Arsenal Kit.

66. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

Total.You start them young and give them only one option which Red and White.The rest is history.You will get there soon.

ParkRoyal,
    I know all about Park Royal. A rather notorious DidIt ancestor has something of a reputation in the area. Had to visit once to conclude some unfinished business :-)
    OB Company? Outward Bound? Outside Broadcast?

Keep at the Arsenalising of your cildren TA and PR. Its so worth it. Tomorrow I have a four and half hour journey to the game with my 11 yr old son, and the time flies with him as we do bloke stuff. Farting, burping, eating chocolate and talking Arsenal, often with other Gooners on the train.
    Then of course, lunch and the pub with other AA’ers, before the main event. All so so good.

69. Bloody hell its comment city this morning.
    Fine post Rocky, Thanks.
    I’m a little busy today so its a chelsea win for me – no contest.
    Have a good day.

70. TotalArsenal says:

Sounds like the perfect Saturday Micky! I bet you’d fit in a game of chess as well :)

71. dandan says:

Arsenal will confirm the £10.9million signing of Lukas Podolski next week after the striker passed a medical at the club’s training ground.

Standard Sport understands Podolski was at the Gunners’ London Colney base earlier this week to undergo testing as the finishing touches are put to a four-year contract worth in the region of £100,000 a week.

There are still one or two small details to be finalised but Cologne are believed to be planning a departure press conference for the 26-year-old early next week to confirm that he will be moving to Emirates Stadium at the end of the season.

Manager Arsene Wenger is keen to avoid a repeat of last summer’s delays in completing his transfer business. Back then, five players arrived in the final throes of the August transfer window after Samir Nasri and Cesc Fabregas had been sold and the club’s qualification for the Champions League group stage had been assured.

The move for Podolski also signals a statement of intent from Arsenal as they attempt to convince Robin van Persie to sign a new four-year contract. The Dutchman insists he will review his position at the end of the season but, with the Gunners now third in the Premier League, optimism is growing that he will commit his future to the club.

The prospect of playing alongside a player of Podolski’s calibre — he has 43 goals in 95 appearances for Germany — will help convince Van Persie that he can add to his solitary 2005 FA Cup winners’

72. TotalArsenal says:

Robin van Podski – they score when they want!

Nice one dandan – hope you are getting the right support with all you have to deal with at the moment. If I can be of any help let me know – I can be in Lincolnshire within an hour or so!

73. ParkRoyal Gunner says:

Micky its outside broadcasts.It is indeed a notorious area.However we are planning to move to Uxbridge sometime next year.Guiness used to have a factory a couple of minutes from us.

74. So it looks like Diaby is not being risked tomorrow. Oh dear.

Nice to see some refreshing honesty from Wenger about just how bad last summers transfer window was:

Hello All
    Some excellent comments as usual. A lot of people seem to favour the draw…

Park Royal
    Whenever I see those words I always think of Guinness! Yum. My grandad was a cooper (barrel maker) at Guinnesses in Dublin.

Chary
    What part of SE London are you from?

76. goonermichael says:

There is a very good Chinese cash and carry near Park Royal. Otherwise it is a shithole. :)

77. As you’ve asked, The Rock, I’ve moved around a bit; my formative years were in Essex(the rough part not the nice bits), till the age of 12 and then, for the next 20 or so years in Bexley(SE London/NW Kent depending on how you look at it) – it was rampant manc/’dipper territory. now I’m in leafy Buckinghamshire, nice but a 2 hour journey to get to THOF.

As this is a football site, can I ask whether anyone here has ever been on holiday to either Slovenia or Montenegro?

TA,
    Rucksack already packed.
    Chocolate…check
    Drinks…check
    Caps (we’re north west seats, so sun in our eyes)…check
    Travel chess..checkmate!

Ooops. north east durrrr

Chary
    I grew up in Charlton and know Bexley very well. When I was a kid it was famous for its “mental home”.

82. On the transfer of The Pod I note that one of the pulling points of The Arsenal for the Pod is that the gaffer is a fluent german speaker – so he couldn’t go to ManUre as ole bacon face only speaks a gutteral form of glaswegian(Rab C Nesbit needed as interpreter) and none of the other top non german european clubs have managers who can speak to the troubled Pod in german.

Chary
    And the BFG will be there to help him settle in…

Maybe it’s too early to start speculating on what formation we might play with both RvP and the Pod in the team but…

What formation do you think we might play with both RvP and the Pod in the team?

Micky
    What station do you leave from?

85. I had a short spell living off Plumstead Common as well The Rock, fanmous for it’s obvious historical Arsenal connections.

Yeah, the famous Bexley mental home, that got knocked down years ago, probably when “Care in the community” became all the rage.

I think they built a load of yuppie flats there at the peak of the last housing boom.

Shame there are no yuppies around anymore, lol !

Plumstead Common!
    I used to train on a sort-of assault course they had there. Long gone now, I imagine.

87. That would have been along the Plumstead Common Road north edge of the common as the ground was all slopey/valley like around there, the Rock.

I think my boys lost a few footballs down there when I used to take them there for a kick around when they were little.

As regards as to where the Pod would play, I’d say to the left of a front three rotating with Gerv/The Ox or in a pair behind Robin as the focal point of a 4-2-1-2-1.

I think I’m wandering into the Mdi89 “tactical bollocks” area now.

88. WiganGooner says:

@Rocky

I think we’ll keep the current formation and play the Pod either side of RvP.

He’s got bags of pace so it’ll be easy for him to stay near RvP and get his knock-downs and through balls.

WG

89. SharkeySure says:

“I will spend all summer laughing.”

So will I….

Cheers Corky

Chelsea win for me please. The 1 point from 15 will kill the Toots morale, if its not half dead already.

Chelski will then go on to drop points due to the sheer number of games they still have to play.

90. For once we agree S Sure – Chav win for me too.

91. Red Arse says:

Great Post, Rockydillo! :-)

CharyB, you have reminded me of a hospital somewhere in Park Royal that I went to many years ago. Actually, in strict chronological order I had been invited by the accounts lads of a company where I gave a one day training course, to go with them on a ‘tour’ of the Guinness Brewery. Then I saw the hospital.

Pints of Guinness flowed and an interesting, beery smell (I think that was what it was) :-) accompanied us while everyone got pixolated.

An hour or so later, this tubby guy stopped to tie his shoelace, or something, and sat on a low wall to do so. He lowered himself onto the wall and went straight over with his little fat legs waving us goodbye.

His colleagues were all too boozed to go with him to the (Middlesex (?) ) hospital, so I had to go with him in the ambulance.
    It turned out to be a bit of a disaster — when we got there, I did not know his name — they kept him in — threw me out – I had no idea where I was – there were no taxis. Great!

Thumbed a lift, eventually, with a Guinness truck driver.

Not been back since! :-) Sad to hear the brewery has gone tho’ – it genuinely was a great tour, until the “the wall” incident! :-)

92. WiganGooner says:

Did anyone else see that statement from old ‘Arry about how he had to lie to his players to motivate them at half time at the on wednesday?

Apparently he had to tell them that Chelsea and us were winning our games and they really had to push on and get the win..

It was a lie, he got caught out and they ignored him….that doesn’t bode well…who likes it when their manager openly lies to them and then admits in front of the world…where is the respect?

Hilarious.

WG

93. evonne says:

Micky – I’ve been to Chroatia, fantastic. You checked chocolates and caps, what about dough? It aint cheap at the Ems and a few pints of orange will set you back a few quid. Do your sums again mate

Beast – i hate zoos too, they keep wild animals in captivity there, sick places. Dogs are not wild animals, they are domestic beasts, a bit like you. How would you like it in the wild, not much I imagine.

94. “little fat legs waving us goodbye” – classic stuff Redders :)

95. TotalArsenal says:

Micky – check…mate :)

WG – desperate times at WHL!

From Wigan’s 3.50 post re Redknapp telling porkies

“Arsenal won’t win every game, will they? I want to finish third still.”

is that a statement or a question :)

97. evonne says:

Kelsey – neither statement nor a question, wishful bloody thinking

TA – for some reason spurs supporters associates of mine are crossing the road when they see me, do I smell or what :)

98. TotalArsenal says:

they are domestic beasts, a bit like you hahaha: you tell him Evonneski :)

No need to hate zoos though – without zoos people would have given up supporting animal charities a long time ago: they are our window to an otherwise forgotten world.

99. That’s a straw-clutch Kelsey.

100. TotalArsenal says:

It is that victorious, foxy look in those blue eyes Evonne – it simply self-mashes any Spud :)

By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger says his focus in the transfer market will be on quality not quantity this summer.

The Arsenal manager has been linked with a host of players, with some observers predicting a major rebuilding project.

The Frenchman insists he does not expect to make a raft of changes to his squad and says that any signings he does make will be top class.

“We will not be a lot on the market, quantity-wise I mean. Quality-wise, certainly,” he said.

“But the [maximum] number of the squad is 25. We have many players out on loan and we will take a gamble if we find top, top quality of course.

“But don’t forget we have many players out on loan and we have not had Jack Wilshere or Abou Diaby for the whole season.

“These players will be back and it means that number and quality-wise we are strong because we are in the position we are in without these players.”

Wenger admits that he also hopes to wrap up any transfer deals earlier than last summer.

“You want to make me say that last year was bad and I agree with you – last year was terrible for us because we finished on August 31 at 11.55pm and we do not want to repeat that, of course,” he said.

102. TotalArsenal says:

Ideal line-up post Podolski arrival for me, would be:

—————– Podolski ——————–
    —He who scores when he wants———
    Gervinho——————————–TheO
    ——————-Song——Arteta———–

or

——–He who scores when he wants—–
    Podolski———————————-TheO
    ———-The Ox————Ramsey———-
    ———————Song————————

Friday March 23rd, 2012

Wenger – Podolski deal has not been done

By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger insists that Arsenal have not completed the signing of Germany international Lukas Podolski.

It has been reported that the Cologne striker has passed a medical with the Club and is set to seal a move to Emirates Stadium.

But Wenger denies this is the case, and refuses to put a timescale on any potential deal for the forward.

“Nothing is done. No, he has not had a medical,” he said.

“I don’t master the timing (of any announcement) because that does not just rely on us. It could happen soon, it could happen later, I don’t know.

“It is always a concern [that someone else could come in for him]. The speed in which you do things is important, but at the end of the day it is always the player who makes the decision.

“It is about how much they want to join you.”

Cheers Gn5
    The mere fact that AW is even discussing Podolski makes it almost certain he’s joining us.

105. “domestic beast” – good one Evonne.

TotalA – I realise I am on shakey ground with my anti zoo/anti pets manifesto; I just enjoy being a bit contrary.

106. evonne says:

TA – Carlito has blue eyes, mine are green with jealousy or those going to the game tomorrow.
    Me, I will be loitering around the tube station waiting to meet the Spuds coming back from the Bridge, highlight of the day :) Jeez I am mad

Top post again Rocky, you’ve asked the question foremost on everyone’s lips. Is it a good thing that we’ll know the result before we kick off I wonder?

I’d settle for a bore draw and no cards or injuries for them if lady luck would just grant kozzer the next 2 games without collecting his 10th yellow.

108. TotalArsenal says:

Chary, you are at your very best/funniest when you are contrary! :) Please keep it up and you have a point about zoos of course!

Evonne, where is your kind-hearted spirit? One stare of those ‘green’ eyes and they are left with a haunting image of the Gooner Goddess of no-mercy! :P

109. TotalA -there’sa aphrase used to describe trying to defy overwhelming odds “Pissing in the wind” which is what being anit pet is like. Still, it makes me chuckle. :)

I think we have a name for Evonne: Green-eyed Gooner Godess, excellent !

I know what I’ll do this weekend. I’ll hang around underground stations waiting for Spurs fans. Then shout Looooserrrs.
    Evonne, you are bordering on legendary status :-)

Rocky,
    We get the train at Tiverton. About an hours’ drive.

112. TotalArsenal says:

Chary, maybe in a former life you were a guitar-playing super-salmon: swimming against the stream, evading outstretched bear paws at your leisure and breaking fishing lines with utter ease :)

Your ongoing support for Andrey Arshavin – a swell guy :) – is one of your best examples of pissing in the wind.

Evonne, what do you think of your new name? ;)

Evonne,
    I did have a holiday booked to Croatia about ten years ago, but had to cancel for family reasons. I like the look of Slovenia and Montenegro as they both have good mountains, sea and fantastic architecture. Also, they are not spoilt. Yet.

114. Coincidentally TotalA, I’m born into a culture which believes in reincarnation too, so you never know, lol.

Anyway off now so fingers crossed for 7 wins on the spin against Alec McLeast’s Birmingham Villa side tomorrow.

UTA !!

My Pod line up:
    Pod…Robin Theo
    ……Ox
    …Jack Aaron
    JW and AR to be our new Petit and Vieira. With the best defence in the land, there’s no need for a dedicated DM. Ox is better than Messi :-)

Great stuff Rocky. For me these type of questions are a no brainer. I always want Totnumb to lose. During my mortal exsistence i have made one exception to this rule, in 1999 we needed them to beat or draw with the mancs so we could win the league. Did they pull it off, of course not, and why? because they are simply a useless waste of time, space, and effort. i hope chelsea beat them 9-0.

Talking about eye colour, mine are piercing dark. One look from Terry and women are like putty in his hands…….it seems this also applys to boxer dogs. hahahahahaha

117. TotalArsenal says:

Terry, you simply are the dogs bollocks :lol:

Chelsea win for me.

We have to play them at THOF. A win and we finish any chance they have to overtake us.

Like TMHT (great to have you back blogging), I think any Spurs loss is a cause for celebration.

119. Red Arse says:

I am going to emulate CharyB, in swimming against the tide of opinion.
    Oddly, I am going to do so by arguing against him and others who have stated their objections to zoos. :-)

First we have to agree what the purpose of a zoo is.

Obviously, the first thing we can agree on is that they serve as a form of entertainment. We laugh at the monkeys, we are scared of the lions and tigers, while all the time knowing we are safe.

But there is a serious side to zoos, as well. It gives both children and adults an education to see the wonders of real life wild animals and to reflect on the loss of their natural environment. In other words the devastating impact we are having on their habitat, which is why zoos are becoming the last chance hotel for many endangered species.

Conservation of as many species as possible is imperative.
    With the huge growth of the human population, and the taming of the wilderness needed to house and feed this ever growing tide of humanity, the need for the conservation of these wonderful creatures is becoming desperate.

Without zoos there will not be many of these wonderful animals around for future generations to see and wonder at. Zoos have become the last refuge for many species and their long term survival.

Let’s face it tigers, pandas, cheetahs and gorillas to name just a few are being wiped out at an alarming rate, and without captive breeding they will soon follow thousands of other species which have already been wiped out.

Zoos are great. Let’s hear it for zoos!!! :-)

Here’s a doom thought.
    Just suppose ko times were reversed, and whispering here, we had lost. Would we then all want a Spuds victory?

I noticed the pural Terry you old winker :)

“One look from Terry and women are like putty in his hands”

Can’t stay have to wash my hair again, big game tomorrow morning.

Oh Micky,

if my uncle was my auntie would Terry be bald ;)

Top four is vital, and we have to play City and Chelsea, so perhaps the biggest possible gap between ourselves and fifth is the most prudent option.
    Then again, nah, we win and Spurs lose :-)

Kelsey :-)
    Be seeing you after the hair wash. Shall we expect you around 10′ish?

Micky
    I would like to apologise.
    You said earlier that I was adding weight to your gut.
    Please accept that that was never my intention ;)

They are “guts”. Me “gut” is an instinct. Highly tuned he is too.

127. evonne says:

Micky – yes, that is why I went to Croatia, beautiful and unspoilt, then. I have heard that it has already changed. I imagine Slovenia and Montenegro are still fresh, but wait till Monday, I will ask my Bosnian friend, he goes there regularly

TA – I quite liked Sharkey’s ETL, terribly not-modest of me, but what the hell, I love it :)

Micky
    Never been to Croatia/Montengro but from footage I’ve seen they look amazing.

I know people who’ve been to the Dalmation Coast (I think that’s what it’s called) and loved it. I believe the island of Brac, just off Split (of Hadjuk Split fame!) is particularly nice.

129. goonermichael says:

photo/1

130. evonne says:

Rocky – Brac is in Croatia, that is where I was, awesome, best holiday ever

131. evonne says:

Micky – my Bosnian friend has replied; he says that Slovenia is a more friendly place, people are nicer, whereas in Montenegro they are grumpy and rude like him :) I love him, but he has a point about his disposition :)
    Montenegro is warmer and cheaper. Slovenia has only rocky beaches and Euro.

132. Izuchukwu Okosi, Lagos, Nigeria says:

Can’t stop laughing at your analysis and the God angle to it. U really made me crack! Well I KNOW a draw is best for us. I wouldn’t want either the Chavs or Spuds to fly. I want to see a 3-3 scoreline with at least 3 MAJOR injuries and suspensions for both teams. Nigerians are praying feverishly for Arsenal’s third place finish

133. TotalArsenal says:

RA – I am with you all the way!

Evonne – what does ETL stand for again?

Izu – what sort of MAJOR injuries are you hoping for – and do you believe in Karma? :)

134. evonne says:

TA – Evonne The Loon

135. lemi61 says:

Chavs losing at the oil refinery. Rocky classic. Great post
    just home from work so joined late tonight
    My vote goes for a Chelsea win.

136. evonne says:

TA – oc course Izu doesn’t believe in karma, he is Nigerian not Mongolian

Thankyou Izu
    We have a lot of regular readers in Nigeria (like Ade David who commented earlier).
    I would love to read an account of what it’s like to be a Gunner in Nigeria – how do you watch the games? What’s our support like compared with other Prem League teams and so on.
    If one of you felt the urge to write it I’m sure it would be really well received.

138. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne The Loon :) – I gathered that re izu! :)

Evonne and Rocky,
    Thanks for tips. When we had our Croatian holiday booked, it was to an Island called Hvar, and we were going to spend a night at either end in Dubrovnich (sp?). I know from a Botanist chum that the mountains of Slovenia are stunning, and the villages beautiful and unspoilt. On the other hand, the buildings in Montegero are staggeringly beautiful. Mmmm, more research needed. It doesn’t surprise me the people in Montenegro are grumpy. A life of wars is no fun.

140. TotalArsenal says:

Mark Lawrenson’s predictions for Chavs – Spuds game tomorrow: a Spuds win…brave..

Tottenham have not won any of their last four league games and are clearly going through a bad run, although I have to say that they were the better team in the second half of their draw with Stoke on Wednesday, and should have won that game.

Chelsea were stubborn in their defeat against Manchester City on the same night and, although they were ahead at one stage, they never really carried too much of a threat.

Tottenham have not won at Stamford Bridge since the Premier League began in 1992 but what is in their favour on Saturday is the fact Chelsea have to go to Benfica on Tuesday in the Champions League.

Blues boss Roberto di Matteo has a big call to make, because he has to decide whether he is going to focus on that tie. If he is thinking about Benfica, then he might leave one or two big names out against Spurs.

The race is really on for third and fourth place now, but I cannot see Chelsea finishing above Arsenal or Tottenham.

I think Spurs have got too many good players for them not to bounce back before the end of the season and, once they win a couple of games, their confidence will return again too.

Prediction: 1-2

141. evonne says:

TA – you are such a sweetie, would not wish ill on anyone. I quiet fancy Bale with a broken jaw and Modric with a twisted ankle, nothing too serious mind you. The rest of the squad I like, Defoe and Lennon are all right. Oh, oh, I forgot about Adebarndoor – hmmmmmm….groin injury for him

142. evonne says:

Micky – no, no, they were grumpy before the war too. Dubrovnik is a must, magnificent city, at least 1 day needed

Yikes,
    Chilling stuff TA.
    Happily, what he is forgetting is The Spud ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory!

144. TotalArsenal says:

Hey Lemi, what’s up with your old name VCC?

Evonne, Bale’s jaw is unbreakable: he can bite through tree-trunks! I really did not think you would have such a meanness about you though….

TA,
    Still grinning about your jumping up and down to get the tempo for shooting a kangaroo.

146. TotalArsenal says:

So true Micky – but it is quite a brave call to tip the Spuddies to win at the home of mercenary football for the first time in 20 years…

147. TotalArsenal says:

Thanks Micky, hope I have not inadvertently insulted RurP with my comment :P He has been gone ever since!!

TA,
    Spuds on form are capable of a result anywhere (well almost anywhere :-) ) but the point about Chavs and the CL game is relevant.
    As we know, we’ll take the positive from any result.

Practicing his boinging up and down!

150. TERRY MANCINI DENTAL IMPLANT says:

After consultation with my Dentist and Peridontist, i am sad to announce that Terry will lose all his teeth, and why i am talking about myself in the third person?, and weres my mate Cornwall?, i miss him.Anyway, not only has the Lord dictated that Terry undergo an embarresing hair transplant, in his infinate wisdom he has now decided that Terry must become a combination of Kojak and Albert Steptoe. All that is required now is that my nether regions fall off and my fate is complete.

My question then to fellow AAers is, do i have full dental implants, giving a hollywood smile and thus making Terry even more irrisistable to women and boxer dogs, or do i settle for Dentures and stick them in a glass before i retire?

P.s, this question is not directed to Kelsey, who according to that photo has great teeth as well as hair….jammy git. hahahahaha

151. TotalArsenal says:

ruRp rURp rURP RURP RURP – boom boom boom boom! :P

TA,
    I can so easily picture some Australian Game Hunter taking the piss out of a German trophy hunter by having him practice bouncing up and down with his rifle before taking him bush!

Transplant,
    Go for the full Donny Osmonds

154. TotalArsenal says:

Terry, I am not sure whether I should laugh or cry for you. You are so typically british in the way you deal with what must have been a bit of a blow for you…

Right lads, that’s it from me.
    Thanks for the quality company.
    A domain

156. TotalArsenal says:

Enjoy the game tomorrow Micky! :)

157. evonne says:

Terry – implants, fantastic invention, half price in Poland :)

158. TotalArsenal says:

But would he end up with a slight Polish lisp, Evonne?

159. TERRY MANCINI DENTAL IMPLANT says:

Thank you Micky and evonne, i will take your advice under consideration.

TA, the upside to all this is that ime just about to go on a night out, and realise that this is a great sob story for all the lovley ladies i meet tonight. hahahahaha

160. TERRY MANCINI DENTAL IMPLANT says:

By the way TA, i owe you and VCC a supply of beers, so let me know when you next visit the home of football and i will sort you out.

I couldn’t resist Terry.

Go for the Albert Gerry Dorsey look ;). Implants, costly, painful, can go wrong take months to heal.

I would just chop your head off and then you would get noticed. hahahaha ;)

162. TERRY MANCINI DENTAL IMPLANT says:

Kelsey, thank you for your support hahahahahah. Thats not a bad idea. I wouldent mind walking around with head in arm, like them elizabethan ghosts, Sounds like a right laugh.

Night all…off to put my sob story into action hahahaha

Terry
    In the olden days they used to make falsies out of wood.
    That would create a stir…

164. VCC says:

Total 7:38 since word press changed things I am having trouble getting VCC on my iPad. Think it works ok on my Mac?

165. VCC says:

Merry Terry, what have I done to earn a beer from you

don’t get me wrong, I think it’s a great idea and I thoroughly deserve free beers, cos I’m a nice guy who has a ten year old boxer who has eyes for you.

“I’m a nice guy who has a ten year old boxer who has eyes for you” hahaha

You’re in luck Terry!

In the 1st half of the season the results against the teams we have left to play were –

Villa – 2-1
    QPR- 1-0
    Man C – 0-1
    Wolves- 1-1
    Wigan- 4-0
    Chelsea- 5-3
    Stoke- 3-1
    Norwich- 2-1
    WBA- 3-0

So- W7-T1-L1-Pts22-GF21-GA8

A pepeat of those performances should be enough to secure 3rd place.

pepeat = repeat

169. TotalArsenal says:

VCC hahaha – your boxer is obviously not picky! :P

170. VCC says:

Hi Rocky, your right , Merry Terry is indeed in luck, he has a way with dogs.

171. VCC says:

Total, at his age and with a flat nose he can’t be picky. Merry
    Terry with his bald head and gummy mouth would be right up his street.

172. TotalArsenal says:

VCC :lol:

Btw. do you reckon QPR will survive relegation?

173. VCC says:

I sincerely hope so total. It’s nice to see them back in the top flight. If they can can build on the fantastic win against Liverpool the other night they should be ok.

174. VCC says:

Wednesdays results were good for me.

Great post, Rocky.
    Genius in its apparent simplicity.

As long as they don’t build on their win next week, of course, VCC.

“Wednesdays results were good for me”

Admirable understatement there VCC. They were bloody brilliant!

177. TotalArsenal says:

What a come-back that was! Let’s hope they have an off-day on 31st March!

Evening Chas
    Where have you been all day?

I was working for a change, Rocky.
    Working makes me want to go for a beer, so that’s what I did.
    I live the life of Reilly, you know. :)

I’ve just spent an enjoyable hour reading the comments and laughing my head off. Really looking forward to tomorrow, but then again, I always do.

Ant and me have tickets for QPR away, too. Never been to Loftus Road. Should be interesting.

I’m a simple man with simple pleasures. :)

180. VCC says:

I’m going to get shot here, but as long as the mighty Arsenal get third I can take a defeat against QPR as I want them to stay up. As you can see I have a real soft spot for the Rangers.

VCC,
    this is my response

182. VCC says:

I love you too chas.

Love the sound of your simple life Chas.

Enjoy the game tomorrow, all of you who are lucky enough to be going!

184. VCC says:

Rocky, unlike the millionaire chas, I have to work nights tomorrow. Gutted also as I could have had two tickets for the away game against QPR but again I have to work..

185. goonermichael says:

QPR can stay up as long as they dump joey barton otherwise I hope they get relegated. don’t like their manc twat of a manager either. Owner seems ok and I’ve always liked the kit.

186. VCC says:

Like you gm, I’ve always liked the kit.

Agree, get rid of Barton.

187. Arsenalista says:

Only just getting to read the post.

As long as we win them I dont mind. Each three points we get are three they can’t catch us with.

Rocky- regarding Croatia/Slovenia/Montenegro.

Loved Croatia when I went although they are Modric mad. Boban has a great resturant in Zagreb. The coast is great.

Ljubljana in Slovenia is lovely, bit like Brugge, bit of a good nightlife if you scratch the surfice.

Never been to Montenegro but I looks stunning in the photos. To be honest on trail journey from Zagreb to Ljubjiana was enough. It had a three hours delay at a hydro power station.

Great part of the world.

I would also like to second your idea for finding out more from our Nigerian fans.

Maybe we should see how many nationalities we could get to blog here in one year?

Hello Jamie
    I know from getting some ‘behind the scenes’ peeps that we do get a lot of readers from around the world.
    The USA, Canada, Nigeria, Kenya, Australia and (curiously) Iceland are all very well represented.
    It would be great to get some posts about what it’s like being a Gooner in far flung parts.

189. goonermichael says:

On the tube tonight I picked up an Evening Standard. I realised it was out of date as it said tuesday. The date was actually Tuesday 7th Feb. I read it as it was about the spuds just getting a draw at Anfeild. It’s so funny Parker is saying how they have the resilience to be one of the top sides in the prem lol. Best part is the league table though. we are 10 points behind the scum (where’s the gap?) We are 6th, 2 points behind the barcodes and 1 point above liverpool. i know it wasn’t funny at the time but it is funny now.

190. robbinURpersie says:

Australia with a Croatian background Rocky..(mind you, agreed that the dalmatian coast in Croatia is beautiful, hvar, brac, dubrovnik and many other little gems..even though it is becoming commercial you can still find amazing hidden beaches and plenty of mountains and caves on the river ‘cetina’ near Split..an ex g’f of mine travelled to montenegro and rates it highly but for the negative attitude of some locals…err, old school :-/

interesting only Raspers and myself have touched on the need for Kozzer to have two near perfect games without any cautions to avoid an automatic suspension?…

i believe our key to cementing a top four position and quite possibly a third plc finish is ‘momentum’..to keep this run going for as long as possible as i expect man city to be a turning point..

@micky and Total,
    I Just Shot ‘Skippy’…oops

191. oz gunner says:

great idea for a post Rocky, really bought the usually quiet Friday to life! I’ll take a chav win also, with Bale, ade, fat frank, cashley and terry running full tilt at the ball only to collide causing an implosion of scum, and a gravitational collapse leading to a black hole + supernova that sucks up all chelsea players, tottenham players, twitchy, and abramovich.

Great news regarding the pod, it’s going to be amazing to see he and RVP in action.

some hilarious comments on here today, always great to read (sorry gus).

In regards to the zoo topic, couldn’t agree with RA more. Without them we would see the extinction of many great animals. Yes some zoos are terrible and keep animals in tight jail like structures, but a lot are fantastic wide open areas that allow for freedom, food regularly, and most importantly survival.

@ TA

great roo comment. They really are pests though, they constantly jump out into oncoming traffic and cause a lot of damage. Out where i live you see a dead roo on the side of the road every second day. A couple of years back i was driving with my mum to work at 530 in the morning and one big bugger jumped right out in front at the last second. They are that big and solid it felt like we hit a tree. Resulted in $12000 worth of damage to our 4WD.

@ Evonne

cheers for the dog comments, much appreciated. Will be sure to relay them to the mrs

192. robbinURpersie says:

Breaking News:-

Abramobitch has offered our old mate ‘pep guardiola’ a contract in the region of 60mil (after taxes) over 4 years, which would obviously make him the highest paid manager..

unbelievable, especially if they are playing in europa next yr, and interesting they might meet in the semi’s of the C/L in a couple of weeks..

We must focus on 3rd place!

193. oz gunner says:

@ RuVP

who knows though kozzer might get shoved into a player and get a yellow just like he did against the scum.
    I have no problem with Kozzer getting a week suspension, chuck djourou or even miquel in there for a game and gives kozzer a good rest.

My personal choice would be chucking song in at CB, and playing coquelin at DM, or if it’s a home game play Diaby and Arteta deep with rosicky in front of them

194. oz gunner says:

@ Slim

i posted that bon iver song a while back. we have a young aussie bloke with a similar sort of sound/emotion. Give it a whirl, towards the end is truly amazing.

195. oz gunner says:

@ RuVP

even funnier when they fire him and they are forced to pay him out like every other manager they have hired. He might as well burn his money, they are a sinking ship

196. robbinURpersie says:

oz,

agreed on all accounts and i have been on your side of opinion when it comes to song as one of our best covers for CB, i even think he could do it permenantly..not so long ago our defence was in dissaray, now we are spoilt for choice..but kozzer is very very important for the whole machine to run smoothly…

197. oz gunner says:

i agree completely, he is a very important player, one of europe’s finest in my opinion. Obviously it wouldn’t be ideal, and if he gets it next week against QPR and misses man city then we can all panic

198. 26may1989 says:

Oz: I love Bon Iver but can’t see the link you’ve posted. Who is the Aussie guy you recommend?

Re Rocky’s question at the top, a draw has got to be the best result. If things can develop so that the two of them get into a scrap for fourth place, that’d be great.

199. oz gunner says:

@ 26

i agree, bon iver is on another level. His name is Matt Corby, 21, similar sound. Check out his song ‘brothers’ (live on the melbourne balcony is unreal especially around 5.30) it won best song on our radio station last year.

I’m relaxed about the Kozzer yellow card issue.

He’s just got to play his normal game and if he gets carded, so be it. JD will come in and do a fine job alongside TV. Let’s remember how good he was when he played against the Chavs last season. Most of his poor moments this season were when he was playing out of position at FB.

Isn’t Coquelin still injured?

201. oz gunner says:

@ 26
    saw bon iver do a cover song called ‘coming down’ the other day, think i still have chills. Justin vernon’s voice is near on perfection in my opinion. I’m glad they won 2 grammy’s for their efforts (beating radiohead and my morning jacket is no easy feat). Best of all is he is one of the most humble people i’ve ever met, he makes you feel as though he is honoured to talk to you

202. oz gunner says:

i’m not sure rocky, i’ve heard nothing of him so i just assumed so. All i’ve heard lately has been on squidge, wilshere and diaby.

203. robbinURpersie says:

oz,

that Matt Corby kid has a really good range in his voice..

there is a hint of ‘jeff buckely meets eddie vedder’

204. Gooner In Exile says:

Another days blogging missed :(

I think I wanted a Chavs win, but realising we still have them and Shitty to play at home maybe a draw is best this morning. And not realising Spuds run in was arguably that straightforward (altho so was ours last year)….keeping both pegged back is the best thing.

205. evonne says:

Why was 26may awake at 3am? I am excited about the game too, but 3am is really ott

206. robbinURpersie says:

morning GiE,

i think spurs are finding they will have the same problems as we did last year with some key players already looking out the exit door regardless of where they finish on the table..modric, vdv, maybe even bale depending on offers…

i didnt realise that aston villa have taken away most points from the emirates fom all the other teams…hmmm

207. robbinURpersie says:

morning evonne,

good to see you back in the morning crew :-)

Morning all,
    We want The Ox to start.

209. robbinURpersie says:

morning Micky,

it would be nice to see some pace on the flanks as i see that as aston villas weakness- lack of pace in hibbert and warnock..

no darren bent and no richard dunne…il take that thanks! :-)

210. Gooner In Exile says:

RurP I’ve been there to see us lose twice at home to Villa. One was last home game of last season. We were pretty awful truth be told.

They have threats but not the way McLeish sets them up to play.

rURp,
    Good news indeed about Bent and Dunne and evening to you too.

Which AA’ers at The Tavern today. Peaches, Rasp, Chas and?

213. robbinURpersie says:

last time we played them, robbie keane looked like their biggest threat to us and gabbi abonglahor is going 13 games without a goal..

Gie, agree about Mcleishs set up…not to mention his tactics to literally ‘break up’ play

214. robbinURpersie says:

i just read that Yennaris has gone out on loan to Notts County..

what are they like as a club, the football thet play, manager?

Morning all,

Micky,
    I’d imagine Carlito and 26 will make it too.

GIE,
    You saw the stirring FA Cup comeback as well where the Villa fans got a taste of the Exile sonic boom box. :)

Oh, and ETL is coming as long as it doesn’t get in the way of being back at the tube station in time to welcome the spuds back from the bridge.

217. evonne says:

Morning guys!
    Arry was on the news this morning saying that ‘it’s the biggest load of rubbish he’s heard’ regarding slump of form due to his eminent appointment. He thinks players don’t give 2 hoots about the future, don’t lose any sleep coz Arry is leaving or not.
    I think he might be wrong. Any change in management worries people, no matter how thick they are (Arry implied footballers are thick, not me). Interesting managerial style

Micky – ready? Have a glorious day x

We’re off.
    Have a great day all.
    If my phone is in a good mood, I’ll read the Big Raddy on the train.
    3-0.

219. evonne says:

Monster!! You should be on the road too, I thought you wanted to watch the Spuds mashing in the Tavern

Oz – last thing about pugs – girls cannot resist them. Each time I walk my 2, women of all ages make those aaaahhh and ooooooh noises, silly smiles, all you need is a good opening line, easy. Must tell Terry

My pug found his new place in life – on the back of my settee, with his fat flat face on my shoulder, snoring gently….

You don’t buy them. They don’t come in packets.

He really is a developing talent.

222. evonne says:

Super super Rob, super super Rob, super super Rob, super Robert Pires… love him, always, thanks for the clip Monster

9.30 pick up, Evonne.

224. evonne says:

Oh no!!!! An athlete from Kazahstan won a medal in Kuwait and when she stood on the podium BY MISTAKE they played the spoof Borat version instead of the Kazahstan’s national athem! What muppets

225. evonne says:

Monster – you really live the life of Reiley! Fair play to you! Enjoy xx

226. robbinURpersie says:

evonne,
    i just fell off my chair reading that :-)
    hahaahahahaha

Some of the lyrics are in the comments below the video if you watch in youtube.

Here’s a little pic for you, Evonne.

Morning all, On Radio 5 live last night they produced a list of the highest paid managers in the world. Morinho gets 43 million euros and AW gets 8 million euros making him the only PL manager earning more than any one player.

I am not passing judgement but found it fascinating.AW is worth every penny in any case.

230. robbinURpersie says:

morning Kelsey,

didnt ferguson recently get a bumper pay rise?

i thought his latest deal with the glazers took him above Sir Wenger?

kelsey. Isn’t it true that any wages published are pure guesswork ?Unless AW has boasted of his wage to a journalist.

Whatever he earns, it isn’t enough.

Re. Mourinho. If true, he earns almost 120k a day! 5k an hour , every hour, every day, 365 days a year! And for a job which he loves.

232. goonermichael says:

A mass brawl and a 6 point deduction each would be best now I think about it

robbinURpersie :, yes SAF was quoted at 11.5 euros from an official publication which was discussed .it came from L’equipe i think. it did stress that was pure salary without any add ons.

Morning all, beautiful day for 3 points ;)

Roll up, roll up, who’s gonna be at the Tavern today?

Rasp.Stop it.

Us armchair fans are deeply jealous. The whole day will be outstanding. The weather, the lunch, the pub, the banter, and then the game in a rejuvenated stadium full of noise.

It isn’t often I would choose to be in England but today is definitely one of those days.

Sorry Raddy :(

May I say pre-publication that you have produced the most complete pre-match post for today, a joy to behold – I can go out and do some gardening before the game, thanks

237. Gooner In Exile says:

Chas you are right the Villa cup game holds fond memories (and broke my Villa hoodoo).

As for today the wins in the bag as Exile Seniors are going. You’ll also be pleased to know they have tickets for Shitty and Chavs so two more home wins guaranteed. They have taken to sitting Clock End Upper and enjoy the atmosphere up there. This season they have only seen wins (incl Spuds, Milan, Toon, Blackburn, Everton, QPR, Dortmund).

238. Gooner In Exile says:

I think Madrid forgot to add a 1 on the front of that valuation

239. robbinURpersie says:

35million short…

Up the Arse!

Thanks Rasp. Always a pleasure to write them.

Rurp. 60m short

New Post ……………

243. get laid in university…

[...]Chavs v Spuds: Which Result is Best For Arsenal? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

244. Can You Improve Your Eyesight…

[...]Chavs v Spuds: Which Result is Best For Arsenal? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

245. home insurance…

[...]Chavs v Spuds: Which Result is Best For Arsenal? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…