Arsenal 3 – 0 Milan Report: The Ox and TR7 pair-up to rejuvenate our midfield

Written by TotalArsenal

4-0 down from the first leg in the San Siro, and only two midfielders to choose from by Wenger: the task of reaching the next round in this year’s CL competition could not have been harder. On the other hand, because the first leg result left us in an almost impossible position to go through, the players could go out on the pitch and play free and attacking football, as per the DNA of the Wengerball-era.

First Half
And boy, did they enjoy themselves in the first half! With Song as the only DM in midfield this time, we played Rosicky and The Ox in the more advanced midfield positions, and we pushed hard from the wings as well – especially our right wing, where Sagna and Walcott formed a constant threat, with which Milan’s LB, Mesbah, and his nearest CB, Thiago Silva, really struggled in the first half. Arsenal’s defence played a high line which was necessary so Song would not get swamped in midfield, as he had the enormous responsibility of controlling the midfield last night. We basically played the Barcelona-way in the first half, only better (lol)! The combination of The Ox and TR7 gave us a fresh and dynamic style of play, and the Italians had simply no answer to their energy and attacking ingenuity.

We played a high tempo from the start and never allowed Milan to settle. Milan did manage to get out of our grasp now and again, but it mostly led to quick passes to Ibrahimovic, who managed to be in an offsite position almost every time.

Incredibly, we scored three goals in the first half, reducing the two-leg deficit to just one goal.

The first one was from a corner that was whipped in with real venom and a strong curve by the excellent Ox. Koz, super Koz, was too quick for Van Bommel, who started the game sluggishly for Milan, and he manoeuvred himself in a free position to convert a relatively easy chance. The Milan goalkeeper, Abbiati, had no chance: 1-0.

The second one was a result of bad defending by Thiago Silva, who intercepted a misguided pass into the box by Walcott, only to clear it straight to Rosicky. The latter had time to control the ball with his first touch, after which he placed a shot into the corner of Abbiati’s left corner, whilst cleverly hiding his intensions by using the defender’s body in front of him that was shielding the view of the keeper: 2-0, 26 minutes played, and game truly on!

The third one came from the penalty spot. A few minutes before half time, the Ox took on Mesbah and whilst moving himself decisively into the penalty-area, he got squeezed between the latter and fellow defender Nocerinio, and he was clearly fouled: penalty! RvP steps up and scores with a text-book, absolutely unstoppable, penalty: 3-0.

Just before half time, Milan created an excellent chance to make it 3-1, which would have meant Arsenal needing at least 3 more goals to go through. El Sharaawy fluffs his effort, however, probably frightened by the menacing tentacles of the forward pouncing Polish octopus. Szczesny’s presence and ability to intimidate in the box is simply a joy to watch.

Second Half
The second half was of a totally different order compared to the first one. The pressure and nerves were back on, as we now had a very decent chance to go through to the next round.

We started well again, albeit with a bit less intensity, and cohesion in the midfield. Milan started to battle more effectively in midfield, and Ibrahimovic had decided to start putting in a shift for his team at last. But what really made the difference was the apparent hamstring injury to the Ox. It took a while before Wenger finally decided to take him off, and the possible reason for this is that the most like-for-like replacement, Ozyakop, was too nervous to come on (some on AA have suggested that he threw up whilst being on the bench?!). With the Ox no longer able to support Song and Rosicky, and both quickly tiring as well, leading to more and more misplaced passes and often unnecessary fouls, we slowly but surely lost the battle in midfield, which allowed the Rossoneri to play out the game without conceding any further goals.

Just before the hour mark, however, Arsenal was still able to create a golden opportunity to score the all important fourth goal that would have levelled the tie, but it was not to be. Gervinho, who had been worryingly ineffective throughout most of the game, saw his deflected shot from inside the box saved by the keeper, only for the latter to push the ball right in front of our Boy Wonder. Robin’s attempted delicate chip over the keeper is well-anticipated by Abbiati, and he is able to save at a very important stage of the game.

With the Ox out and Rosicky knackered, and nobody on the bench to help us regain the midfield, we left an enormous gap between defence and attack for the last 30 minutes of the game. As a result, we were no longer able to create decent chances, and we had to helplessly witness Milan’s late escape from our previously established deadly grip. What a shame!

To be fair, Milan produced the best chances in the latter part second half, but a combination of woeful finishing on their part and a very impressive defensive display by our back-five, ensured that we were able to keep a clean sheet till the end.

Conclusions
We played without fear and with real verve, especially in the first half. And in a transitional year like this, it is immensely important that Arsenal was able to erase the memory of the 4-0 drumming by the Rossoneri three weeks ago, by winning with a convincing display and a big margin last night.

Games like these build belief and character, and this ‘new’ team – as in a rapidly developing/gelling group of players – became a lot closer and stronger on this fantastic night of football at THOF.

We will never know for sure whether we would have won this game, with the required bigger margin to go through to the next round, if the likes of Wilshere, Ramsey, Diaby and Arteta would have been fit and available last night. In my view, just two of those on the bench would have been enough for Arsenal to be able to enter a plan-B in the second half, and go through to the next round. We really only had a Plan-A for this game due to the many injuries of our midfielders, and in the end it was just not enough to complete the miracle.

The boys have done us proud with a passionate and high-quality performance, and last night they showed us all that we continue to belong in the Champions League. The squad will develop further in the next few months, and hopefully we will be a bit less unlucky with regards to long-term injuries to key players, and in key positions next year. On top of that, we can add one or two players in the summer, and then we should be able to push all the way, in the PL and CL, from next season onwards.

I would like to finish with a few special mentions:

For the boys who came through the youth ranks, Szczesny and Gibbs: they were absolutely amazing and how good is it to see that our own talents are making it at the highest level;

For the partnership between TV and Koz that performed so well last night (a little bit against my expectations);

For that performance by Sagna last night: what a warrior, a legend in the making;

For the rejuvenated Rosicky, who played an absolute blinder last night; (especially the first hour or so);

For the battling Alex Song, who completed a very difficult task of holding a midfield almost continuously on his own;

And for the incredible, truly wonderful performance by the Ox, who became a man last night.

TotalArsenal

221 Responses to Arsenal 3 – 0 Milan Report: The Ox and TR7 pair-up to rejuvenate our midfield

1. Fab report TA thank you.
    Good morning all.
    Shame that we didn’t progress but the lads did us proud.
    People bang on about us playing the pressing game, but i guess its a fine line between lasting the duration and running out of steam.
    Oxo came of age last night, him and Jack in midefield is a mouth watering prospect.
    I hope thats not true about Ozzy, i was looking forward to see him, but if he has nerves it doesn’t bode well for his future. I don’t remember nerves hampering the kids who have made it through the ranks.
    Great atmosphere yet again, i wish it could be like that on a saturday against wigan. We seem to play very well when our crowd is up for it.
    Any truth to the Podoski rumours (Mertesaker texts?), i hope its not at the expense of RVP.
    I think we are going to get third now, i think spurs are going to play on thursdays again!!! COYG

2. Reddawn says:

TA thanks for an excellent report.

The only thing I would like to add is, that the Arsenal supporters were magnificent!

3. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning again.

Cracking write up TA. The one that got away for RvP will live short in the memory but his resolve in the face of Milan mind games and a ref who did not understand the rule that any part the ball can touch the spot rammed that penalty home.

I’m not blaming the ref for last night I do think he bought every dive, and he took an eternity to give the nailed on penalty, my only guess that he didn’t share his money with his assistants. As poor as the ref was the linesman were spot on last night.

TR7 as you say looks a new player, I was especially impressed when he went to RvP after that chance and gave him words of encouragement even the Boy Wonder needs encouragement.

As for the vomiting it is pure speculation on my part, it was behind the bench, I guess those fans closest will know, but it seems like there is illness going round the squad, Arsene, Benayoun, Ox and how many others are suffering? Definitely agree with Peaches this morning a couple of days in the sunshine needed for the boys.

4. evonne says:

Reddawn – that was me, cannot speak today the throat is hurting so much :)

TA – best match reports can be found here! How do you do it, you cannot possibly enjoy the game and take notes at the same time! You are bloody un-be-lievable

5. evonne says:

GiE and Slim – Gary Neville speachless? And pro Arsenal? Really? I am glad I liked him all along and didn’t wash my mouth as instructed by GM

Excellent, TA.
    You’ve summed up a brilliant night of football.

Super company in the Tavern.
    Shockingly positive crowd in the stadium.
    Blistering first half of ‘pinch me I’m dreaming’ proportions.
    Appalling refereeing throughout. Really looked as though he’d been bribed.
    Dreadful ‘gamesmanship’ (i.e. cheating) from Milan. If I had to watch that shite behaviour every week I wouldn’t go.
    Every ounce of effort left on the pitch and a rousing chant of ‘we love you Arsenal’ after the game had ended.
    Great night with a nearly perfect ending. Loved it. :)

7. Red Arse says:

A really, top, top Post Match, TA, loved it!! :-)

There is no need for me to eulogise the game, the players, the manager, or the wonderful fans at the Emirates, your Post and the comments of my friends on AA last night and this morning have said it all.

Totally awesome dudes!!!!!

8. evonne says:

GLiC and Terry – didn’t see Chas’ cannon but I showed him my biceps :) However, 26may turned up at the Tavern wearing underwear, he looked good

9. I’ve just been reading the comments from this morning. I hated neville as a player but he is becoming a great commentator, I thought the best thing he said was ” they need to get the ball to Walcott it’s bingo down that right hand side”. What a fantastic game. I still feel a little deflated though. looking forward to seeing my (bindipper) butcher. Now to read the post

10. evonne says:

GM – go and wash your mouth!

11. Morning all, we as a club/supporters rightly feel proud after a night like last night and TotalA has expertly crafted a summary of the game that encapsulates how we all feel.

Due to being unable to negotiate an evening pass I could only meet up with the AA’ers before the match and I heard the Champions League anthem as I walked down Gillespie Road on my doleful way home.

Even being there for the pre match dirnks was some consolation for not being at the match.
    Chas was in fine Monster form and Evonne was as delectable as ever – definitely the beauty to my beast. ;)
    And how dapper is 26 ? Even in his “underwear” !

And finally Peachy and Raspers – the 2 gooners I’d want by my side in any football battle.

What a night, what a team and what a club.

I could get quite teary-eyed about last night.

12. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers guys :)

Tommy, fully agreed on the fantastic prospect of Jack and The Ox playing together soon. Add to that Ramsey, Song, Arteta, Rosicky etc etc and you can see why the future for red and white is so bright.

Reddawn and Chas, hear, hear re the supporters last night. I was not at THOF and I found the Sky coverage of the stadium noise a bit subdued at times, but everyone who has been has commented on the great atmosphere which is fantastic.

GiE, the ref was shite, but we were also knackered in the second half and therefore made it easy for Milan to ‘professionally’ let us foul them. It was indeed great to see Rosicky go up to RvP after missing his big chance.

Fully agree on all the praise for last night’s commentary of Gooner Neville. He made writing the MR a bit easier for me with his great insights and analysis.

13. Neville – i horribly loathed as a player, however he is a fabulous co-commentator within a sesspool of horribly loathsome pundits.

14. evonne says:

Morning Beast – how long did you stay in the Tavern? My nephew LOVED every minute of it! He is 30, a Gunner and has never been to THOF before. Now we’ve put it right, he was phoning Dublin and telling them what a foocking grand night he had :)

Excellent stuff TA, and great comments fellow Gooners, i love a bit of positivity. The only thing i can add TA is that the drinks are still on me.

Keep this squad together, one or two additions on the way, and watch it evolve into a side that will surpass all previous Arsenal teams. The future is so bright its unbearable. Were are my shades?

16. Morning Evonne, I was feeling a bit poorly so I left a few minutes before kick off and fell asleep on the train home – when I woke up we were 3 nil up and I assumed I was dreamning.

Your nephew chose a perfect night to wacth Arsenal fo rthe first time, its memories like that which will stay with him for his whole (Gooner)life.

17. evonne says:

Beast – you are right, he was so gob smacked that it will take him some time to get over it, but will stay in memory forever. His brothers and uncles (including my almost ex) are all Pool supporters, he was SOOOOOO proud yesterday to be a Gunner :)

Excellent match report – thanks TA.

There is nothing I can add to the superlatives already dished out.

Great to meet up with chary, Tim, chas, 26m and evonne pre-match – stylish gooners the lot of you :)

Last night was the best result we could get if you subscribe to the theory that even had we won, we weren’t going to win the CL, so going out with class was just what the doctor ordered.

We fully restored pride and can now rest the players as much as possible so that the fatigue evident in the 2nd half won’t dull our performances in our quest for 3rd spot.

19. Good for him Evonne, he has chosen the right path, that of the good guys(of football).

Again, what a night ! The post match singing of “by far..” by the remaining gooners will make Ashburton Grove feel more like home.

20. If anyone’s following this twat you should stop. I have

21. oz gunner says:

great match report TA, summed it up superbly.

Nothing i can say really as it’s all been said. What a bloody great team we have! God (Dennis) i love Arsenal

off to watch the replay!

22. Brilliant chas. Thanks for that

23. TotalArsenal says:

I don’t know about you guys, but I am experiencing a peculiar combination of pride for the team with a slight melancholy of what could have been. It is a bit like having finally been able to take home the girl of your dreams, with whom you are able to go almost all the way on the night, only for her slip out of your bed before the moment supreme. Waking up in the morning, you receive a text message she has left for a travelling holiday through Australia and hopes to see you again in six months….

24. I have dreams a bit like that TA

25. I’ll look at that vid later Chas, I got home in time to see Champagne Charlie give his post match view and what he said confirmed he is a gooner, his love for the club showed in the way he referred to Arsenal as “us” and how much our early season travails hurt him, as it hurt every one of us.

He is the only Sweaty I have any time for.

Compare that to Merson, commenting on the FA Cup relplay last night, who proclaimed he was ” a Chelsea fan” – I’ve no time for him at all, and his so called punditry blows a large one too.

26. dandan says:

TA I know a very attractive young lady who is on a flight to NZ/OZ this morning, what have you been up to, are we about to fall out :-(

Hi Total,

There was a campaign on TalkShite last night aftrer the game to assert that pool will have had a better season than us by winning the CC as opposed to us getting in the CL. I categorically disagree and as I said earlier, last night’s result may be a blessing in disguise.

I don’t want to inject a note of negativity after the game but I have to say that I found Gervinho’s contribution poor. He had put in some encouraging performances prior to the ACN but has been disappointing since his return.

I’d like to think we will seek out players a level above Chamakh and Gervinho when/if we look to recruit senior players in the summer – Podolski certainly fits the bill.

28. It’s Gerviho’s first season here Rasp. He’s also dona a lot of flying . I don’t think him and chamakh should really have the word “and” between them. His goal in the ACN and some of his performances show that he is a great player. Last night wasn’t that great for him but if Robin had scored his second half chance it would have been an assist.

Evonne, as of saturday, I’m with you and an honorary Stoke fan for the day. Let’s hope that dashing Delap can launch some long throws and bring an abrupt end to Di Mateo’s honeymoon period in charge of the chavs.

Hi gm, it’s his lack of bottle that worries me. This is what I wrote about him in a comment after the pool game…..

“I was disappointed to see Gervinho slow down when Song played a ball into space equidistant between him and Carragher. Gerv could have easily outpaced Carra and got there first but he didn’t have the stomach for the impending tackle I’m guessing. Wingers have to be very brave as they will always have defenders clattering into them. Its good sense to jump out of a tackle when you know it’s coming and you can’t go anywhere with the ball, but when given a chance to get behind the defense, I expect wingers to give it 100%”

Certainly I thought Theo was the better of the two wingers we had on show yesterday.

32. dandan says:

TA. as always a classy post well done.
    Rasp. I was saying last night that I was concerned by the Gerv’s contribution, I also felt Song was less than his usual self and went walkabout too often,

Having said that a super Team performance and so exciting, my wife refused to go to bed as she was sure that this demented fool of a husband, yelling and cussing at an unrespondant TV was bound for A and E with heart problems before the night was out. :-)

33. Gooner In Exile says:

Rasp I agree on last nights showing, but Gerv has a lot to give yet….Benayoun didn’t only start against LFC and Spuds because of his skill but also because Gerv is probably not (in Wengers view) back at peak fitness yet.

Hopefully he can get some energy back in his legs.

Here’s another example of what I mean and something I commented on during the game.

When Sz had the ball and was looking to distribute the ball, Gervinho walked/trotted up the pitch with his back to our goalie. Theo on the other hand was moving into position and watching Sz and making himself available. As a result, most of Sz’s distribution was down the right flank as Gerv was basically saying ‘don’t give it to me’. So what I want to see is more hunger for the ball and more attempts to get behind the fullbacks as we saw from him earlier in the season.

35. Gooner In Exile says:

DD I think Song was fighting fires wherever he was needed and still trying to help going forward too last night which probably led to him looking out of position. I don’t mind that. As often happens his partner ended up playing deeper (which was Ox last night) the difference between Arteta and Ox is Ox has the legs and close control to get himself forward from deep.

Thanks dandan & GiE. I think Gerv can be a valuable player and is a better prospect than Chamakh.

The Ox would be my preffered first choice over Gervinho on current form if he’s to play out wide, but showed us last night that he may yet be an option for the centre.

:lol: dandan, I’m sure a man with a big heart like yours will only take strength from last nights game.

38. evonne says:

Rasp @ 12:20 – Rory D is gorgeous, but there is nothing more beautiful then naked TV :)

And before I get assassinated I would like to stress that there is nothing sexual in my admiration of naked TV. I’m too old for that, I am simply appreciating the beauty of a young athlete. Ok ?

Yea, right evonne :roll:

40. dandan says:

Rasp; Last night reminded me of just how much I miss live footy,today I have a sore throat , had I been there, I suspect I would be voiceless and “er indoors” in Heaven

41. I don’t think Theo was much better than Gervinho. Theo also had the “easy” side, Gervinho just missed a penalty that cost his country a tournament and he’s been flying backwards and forwards to Africa. He didn’t have a good game last night and I was shouting at the tv at him. I just think it’s unfair to lump him with chamakh (who is rubbish). This season he’s had as many good games as Tomas, and Theo easily.

Haha dandan, I could easily do the voice over for the Carlsberg adverts such is the gravelly state of my vocal chords after last night. Unfortunately all the singing and excitement in the first 30 mins meant I lost my voice early and thereafter my macho shouting periodically transformed into a girlie shriek as if I’d been inhaling helium.

43. evonne
    I don’t believe for one minute you are too old for anything.

Hi gm, I didn’t say Theo was much better – but the better of the two on the night and in my comment @ 12:30 I put my view of Gervinho into perspective.

45. I wasn’t arguing. I think Gerv is a great. I’d keep him over Theo if I had to make a choice. He had a bad night last night. I’d still have him over Arshavin too. The Ox is like Wilshire, Robin, Cesc or any other world class prospect.

46. evonne says:

Yeah Rasp! Not all women are like you-know-who.
    Hello Irish :)

47. Shocking situation at Rangers.

Fair do’s gm, I see what you are saying. It is Gervinho’s first season as you say, but he is 2 years older than Theo and has a track record from other clubs to refer to. As I keep saying, its squads that win you championships and Gervinho may not be automatic first choice if everyone’s fit, but he would be a great option from the bench.

49. Red Arse says:

Just a small point, perhaps more a query, borne out of puzzlement.

Did anyone else notice that during the 2nd half, both Singa Song and TR, in particular, when dribbling the ball in midfield lost it when they were closed down, and were then caught off balance, flat footed, and trailing in the wake of Milan as they streaked away in attack?

Tiredness? Or a tendency to over dribble and not move the ball on quickly enough?

50. I think they were probably knackered RA. There is also a sickness in the camp. Wenger still looked ill at his post match and I doubt if someone threw up over nerves. They’ve got 6 days to recover now. Santos will be back soon. I can really see where Terry is coming from now. If we can buy a couple of players in the bracket that Rasp is referring too and keep Robin I think we’ll be sorted.

52. You da Mesiah Terry. Or just a very naughty boy

53. Right. Shower then off to see my bindipper butcher. I’m looking forward to it.

54. evonne says:

I am worried about Robin. After the game he was standing there looking around, as trying to take it all in.. I have seen Hleb doing that just before he left :(

I know that TA thinks RvP is not just about money, but TA would being such a nice guy that he would probably waive £10m+, but not many others would.

55. Red Arse says:

You are probably right that it was down to tiredness, GM.

Naughty fool is probably more correct GM. The big thing for me has always been the departure of players. If we can keep the players we want, i feel we will be the best team in Europe. Time will tell.

57. Brigham says:

Well, I just about have my voice back following my singing, shouting and general loudness last night. Great atmosphere has as already been commented on. We (the fans) were really up for it last night and that seemed to lift the players even more. See, it can be done!

A sort of sureal moment driving home last night, listening to Talk Shite on the radio. It was kind of weird having won the game, but still knocked out of the CL and I really did not know whether to smile or grimmace. I ended up smiling and realizing just how superb we were last night.

I have had many workmates who support different clubs, including some Spuds who have said ‘unlucky’ and ‘you deserved to go through’

Finally, that ref was bought, he was a bent as Arab’s Dagger and was obvioulsy frightened of finding a horse’s head in his bed

“Bent as an Arabs Dagger”, hahahahahahhaha

59. dandan says:

Why the hell do sensible people listen to talk sport, knowing what is coming? it is beyond my understanding I am afraid. :-(

Weird day for Big Randy today.

Happy but a little down.

My birthday today and it is a big one. I was born on the same day as the great Viv Richards (the best ever).

Chuffed to have a big party tonight but a touch depressed at the passing of time . Delighted by last night’s performance yet saddened by going out.

Happy birthday Raddy. Dont be depressed, never forget you are “The Big Randy”, have a great party.

Big Randy,
    I share my birthday with Hitler.
    Not the same year, but still. :(

Give me Vivian Richards anyday. :)

63. As some of you met Tim(from 7am kickoff) last night, you may like to see his report from last might, AA get’s a plug on it: http://www.7amkickoff.com/2012/look-like-you-want-to-play-for-the-arsenal

And a big shout out for Big Randy’s landmark birthday – all the best fellah.

Whoops, forgot to wish you happy birthday.
    Tillykke med fødselsdagen

Many Happy Returns Raddy,

66. dandan says:

BR Age is not a problem if you can look back at your life and like what you see. The future, well no one knows how long the race will run, so live each day as if it is the last, treat others as you would be treated and enjoy the achievments of your kids and friends. Keep supporting the mighty Arsenal and life while it lasts will be fun. :-)

67. Gooner In Exile says:

Noma tonight Randy?

68. Red Arse says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDY!! :-)

From your vid you look only to be in your mid-forties!

Still time for many more wives — ask GM. :-)

69. TotalArsenal says:

DanDan: You know all the pretty ladies! :)

Rasp: agreed on Gervinho’s current lack of form. He and Gibbs don’t have (yet) the same partnership as Theo and super-Sagna.

Evonne, for many Dutchmen money is important but not the main driver. Like Bergkamp, and myself and many more Dutchmen, RvP is a product of two of the most influential men in Dutch society, both with the initials of JC –> Johan Cruijf and John Calvin. The first one makes you want to play and enjoy beautiful football, and the second one’s ‘calvinism’ still has a big impact of how the Dutch live and think. This Calvin quote in particular: ‘Let those who have abundance remember that they are surrounded by thorns, and let them take great care not to be pricked’ has established itself into our way of thinking and living. Dutchmen are very wary to just go for as much as money as possible.

If Arsenal are reasonable with their new contract offer to Robin and make a strong promise to build further on the current team/ keep the current set of key players together, I really think he will sign a new contract.

70. Raddy
    Have a great one. Forget about the time. Some people never get there and have 10% of the life you’ve had. I mean experience not longevity BTW and I hardly know you.

71. dandan says:

TA I would seem from 1:41 post that I have lived life like a Dutchman, money is important but self respect far more so. I have been very impressed with RVP interviews this year and though I dont know him, my gut feeling from listening to him, is that you have summed him up perfectly. Thank you for the insight.

72. TotalArsenal says:

Happy birthday Big Randy! You should listen to DanDan’s advice – by far the wisest on AA!

73. TotalArsenal says:

Hi DanDan, there is a post in drafts from me re a recent interview with RvP. I never really warmed to RvP like I did, for example, with Dennis Bergkamp, but since the start of this season I have become a super-fan of him. The interview was fantastic but I wont say too much as not to spoil the post :)

Hi TA, I think we’re going to use that post tomorrow so everyone can debate the subject freely when it is published.

DanDan, your 1.36 at Raddy, what brilliant words of wisdom, it espouses bravery of the greatest kind.

Rasp, did you and Peaches get my post?, or is to crap for publication? hahahaha

77. dandan
    I have a 21 year old assistant who’s just had “live every day like your last” tattoed acrss his chest.

78. dandan says:

Will look forwad to that RA

79. TotalArsenal says:

Cheers Rasp, I will keep stum! :)

80. dandan says:

Mike Think of the brave 21 year old’s out in the war zones, 6 soldiers klled today, they really do live for the day.
    Politicians would do well to take note.

Hi TMHT,

I’m not sure, I’ve been busy x10 lately. We’ll have aq good look round and unearth your gem I’m sure :)

82. There’s a big one coming in Iran I fear dandan, that will make Iraq look like a tea party.

Thanks Rasp.

This is better for Raddy….

85. TotalArsenal says:

Ooooh Rasp, how did you get Bale to perform for a Gooner?

86. Anyone else notice that with the 3 goals Robin scored recently he’s now number 8 in the list of all time Arsenal scorers ?

Nope, chary. Who’s next above him?

88. Chas, it’s(going from 7th upwards) Lishman,Brain, Drake, Big Randy, the Boy Bastin and the last 2 you can guess.

89. kiwomya and jeffers?

90. You gotta love Chesney’s post match comments last night about the N17 looters:
    “I would not settle right now for fourth place. We are four points behind the other north London club – I am not going to say their name – and hopefully we can challenge them.

“Hopefully Chelsea can challenge them for fourth place and I would be really pleased to see them in the Europa League next season.”

GM – cheeky !

91. Imagine a first eleven of sagnarito, kosine, verminator, santino, singallong, oxy, wilshere, podolski, Robin vood, Miachi. & fan favourite The Chess. Then picture a bench with Roonsky7, Art-et-al, Jenks,Gibo, walcott, yao, & joel Ocampo. WE WOULD BE UNBEATABLE!!!

92. Love the names anthony

93. photo/1

94. Thanks no. 100. I BELIEVE THAT I AM SPEAKING ON BEHALF OF THE KENYAN FANS. Please wenger if ROBIN VOOD isnt playing, MAKE SCZCESNY THE CAPTAIN. You just have to love the guy,.. He’s got arsenal blood flowing in his polished veins. He has the psyche and swagger that players and fans are looking for. Long live The Chess.

95. evonne says:

Hey Big Randy! Happy Birthday! I am 100% honest – I thought you were much younger, no kidding!
    It’s good not to be young, much easier, enjoy everything that our age has to offer xx

Chas – more dog vids?? Why your birthday story doesn’t surprise me?

96. evonne says:

Anthony – NO. Polaks are not good leaders. Arteta for me.

Thank you all for your kind good wishes and I love the vids.

As to advice – never listened to any. Probably the reason I have had such a full life so far :-)

Still got at least 4 titles, a couple of Doubles and another 10 cups left before the Final Whistle !

98. evonne says:

Can Stevenage do it tonight? I hope so

Great write-up TA – better than any official press one I’ve read.

On the Gerv debate, he has had some very good games for us and is probably just going through that post ACN dip that a lot of African players seem to experience. However, next season I would expect to see Ryo giving him real competition for the first team.

Mr Randy
    Happy birthday. It’s hard to follow the sentiments so beautifully expressed by Chas at 2.34, but I will just say this:
    Colonel Sanders was 65 when he started his Kentucky Fried Chicken chain.
    Wallace Stevens won a Nobel Prize for poems he wrote aged 76.
    Roget was 73 when he published his Thesaurus.
    The oldest Olympic gold medallist won his gong at age 60 (for shooting, in the 1908 Olympics since you ask).
    At 88, Michelangelo drew up the architectural plans for the church of Santa Maria deli Angeli.
    George Burns, at 80, won an Oscar for his performance in The Sunshine Boys.
    Winston Churchill wrote his ‘History of the English Speaking Peoples’ aged 82.
    Laura Ingalls Wilder was in her 60s when she wrote ‘The Little House On The Prairie’.
    At 94, Bertrand Russell was leading an international peace drive.

So the question is BR, how are you going to improve the world in the decades ahead…? :)

Unfortunately I share my birthday with Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, president of Iran :(

100. Happy Birthday Raddy, hope you have a lovely celebration tonight :)

101. I beg to differ evone. Arteta is quiet. Too quiet n too ‘cool’ for me. I think we need a vieira, a ‘flame fanner’ a loud mouth if need be, a fearless general and one who knows how to ‘work up’ the crowd. Looking at all comments made by the ‘polared’ Chess, he fits my criterion. Just see how he celebrates goals…. the guy makes you go gunneriffically wild. He takes bulls by their horns and… ohh my! Next to him? Wilshere, arteta, verm,and then the others.

But also with Evelyn Waugh, Bill Gates and Dennis Lillee, which is a bit better :)

103. evonne says:

Randy – don’t be disappointed if you see 5 or more titles! I had an old uncle who was buying himself a new ‘burial’ suit every year. He could open a shop with suits before he finally died :)

104. evonne says:

Anthony – you are so funny :) I don’t like Szczesny much, but hey, I wanted to play youngsters last night. Thank God Kelsey stepped in

Rocky [28th Oct] – that man is a devil.
    Me – Mica Paris, Sheena Easton, Darcey Bussell, I’m in good company of very graceful pretty ladies :)

105. Evonne, sadly the best we can hope for from Stevenage is a few injuries and suspensions for the swamp dwelling miscreants of Shite Hart Lane.

Reds for Modric, The Whore and Bale as well as a 4-6 week lay off for Scott Parker would be nice.

I know, that’s a beastly thing to hope for. :)

106. I share my birthday with this fabulous lady. Just look at those feathers ;)

107. LOL listening to Talkshite again (sorry DanDan), Durham is at it again…… Hope nobody takes that dangling carrot…

108. my god wengers been charged about his refs comments…… i really hope we get 3rd now….. cos we all know he’ll be banned for the playoffs….

109. evonne says:

ooooggghhh Peaches – Diana Ross, I say! Always posh, aren’t you?

Chary – you never know! Randy might get a lovely present

Top drawer match report as ever TA.

Gervinho, just looks fightened.

Rosicky was superb especially for the first hour as you say.

111. evonne – if you watch it to the end she whips off the black feathers and reappears with an enormous white stole – so classy, so me :D

112. Sorry, back to football. I’ve just watched the build up to the game and the first half and I do feel a bit flat now :( We were so close to writing a piece of history :(

I know it’s better to concentrate all our efforts on pushing those scummers out of the top four but ………..

113. Oh no Diana Ross has shut you all up :lol:

114. Red Arse says:

Rocky, :-)

Protracted birth?

Dennis lillee, 18th July 1949
    Bill Gates. 28th October 1955
    Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, 28th October 1956

115. LOL i dissapeared when you were all talking “Baby Love”.

116. We would have had a good bench last night had we not been hit so hard with injuries……

117. dandan says:

Big Raddy here is one for your birthday

Someone asked the other day, ‘What was your favourite ‘fast food’ when you were growing up?’
    ‘We didn’t have fast food when I was growing up,’ I informed him.’Except for Fish & Chip shops and we ate it all so unhygenically from newspaper wrappers’
    ‘All the other food was slow.’
    ‘C’mon, seriously.. Where did you eat?’
    ‘It was a place called ‘home,’ I explained.
    ‘Mum cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we sat down together at the dining room table, and if I didn’t like what she put on my plate, I was allowed to sit there until I did like it.’

By this time, the lad was laughing so hard I was afraid he was going to suffer serious internal damage, so I didn’t tell him the part about how I had to have permission to leave the table.

But here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I’d figured his system could have handled it:

Some parents NEVER owned their own house, never wore jeans, never set foot on a golf course, never travelled out of the country and credit cards had not been invented.

My parents never drove me to school. I had my mothers bicycle that weighed probably 50 pounds, and only had one speed, (slow).

We didn’t have a television in our house until 1959.
    It was, of course, black and white, and the station went off the air at 10 PM, after playing the national anthem and epilogue; it came back on the air at about 4 p.m. And there was usually locally produced news and everything was live…..or film.

I never had a telephone in my room. The only phone was on a party line. Before you could dial, you had to listen and make sure some people you didn’t know weren’t already using the line.

Pizzas were not delivered to our home… But milk was, and the bread.

All newspapers were delivered by paperboys –Many of us delivered newspaper’s, seven days a week, and had to get up at 5AM every morning.

Film stars kissed with their mouths shut. At least, they did in the films. There were no movie ratings because all movies were responsibly produced for everyone to enjoy viewing, without profanity or violence (except cowboy films) or almost anything offensive.

If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want to share some of these memories with your children or grandchildren. Just don’t blame me if they bust a gut laughing.

Growing up isn’t what it used to be, is it?

MEMORIES from a friend:
    My Dad is cleaning out my grandmother’s house (she died in December) and he brought me an old Royal Crown Cola bottle. In the bottle top was a stopper with a bunch of holes in it… I knew immediately what it was, but my daughter had no idea. She thought they had tried to make it a salt shaker or something. I knew it as the bottle that sat on the end of the ironing board to ‘sprinkle’ clothes with because we didn’t have steam irons. Man, I am old.

How many do you remember?
    Headlight dip-switches on the floor of the car.
    Ignition switches on the dashboard. There were two postal deliveries per day.
    Trouser leg clips for bicycles without chain guards. The street lights were turned off at about 11pm each night.Soldering irons you heated on a gas burner.
    Using hand signals for cars without turn indicators. Corona fizzy drinks were delivered in glass bottles by lorry each week, and the empties returned.
    .>
    Older Than Dirt Quiz:
    Count all the ones that you remember, not the ones you were told about.
    Ratings at the bottom.

1. Sweet cigarettes
    2. Coffee shops with juke boxes
    3. Home milk delivery in glass bottles
    4. Party lines on the telephone
    5. Newsreels before the film
    6. TV test card patterns that came on at night after the last show and were there until TV shows started again. (There were only 2 channels [if you were fortunate])
    7. Peashooters
    8. 78 rpm records
    9. 45 RPM records
    10. Hi-if’s
    11. Potato spud guns
    12. Blue flashbulbs
    13. Cork popguns
    14. Wash tub wringers

If you remembered 0-3 = You’re still young
    If you remembered 3-6 = You are getting older
    If you remembered 7-10 = Don’t tell your age
    If you remembered 11-14 = You’re positively ancient!

I must be ‘positively ancient’ but those memories are some of the best parts of my life.

Don’t forget to pass this along!!
    Especially to all your really OLD friends….I just did!!!!!!!!!

(PS. I used a large type face so you could read it easily)

118. evonne says:

Sorry Peaches, I cannot watch a whole vid of Diana Ross. Give me Kelis anyday :)

119. goonermichael says:

I had gas lights in my bedroom. I shit you not. They got turned off when we switched over to north sea gas. We never had electricity on the top (bedroom) floor. We had a tin bath that was in the garden but we had the luxury of an inside toilet. We never had a phone until I was about 16. Neither of my parents learned to drive. But did I have a nice childhood?

120. goonermichael says:

apparently it’s Ray parlours birthday today

121. evonne says:

GM – I don’t know, did you? In communist Poland we all had central heating, double glazing, TV and phone, washing machine and fridge freezer. Did I have nice childhood? No, very unhappy

122. goonermichael says:

No not really evonne. And I never understand people who said school was the best time of thier lives. mine was shit and i stopped going at 13. I honestly hope most of the teachers had slow, painful deaths.

123. evonne says:

Happy Birthday Ray! Top guy

RA – I had just seen your comment about Rocky’s birthday. Perhaps he lived before, was reincarnated and in his previous life he was a Spud ?

124. goonermichael says:

i remember all of those dandan and I’m still young. what about

the sally army band marching every other sunday
    coal delivered by horse and cart
    rag and bone man horse and cart
    the corona van
    sing something simple
    black and white minstrel show
    pint of light and bitter
    spotted dick and jam roly poly
    people wearing hats
    shops with personal service
    bus drivers who were curteous and not the scum they are now.
    smoking in the doctors and hospital.
    shoplifting without cameras :)

125. dandan says:

Mike I loved school a brand new building with a vast sports field, cricket, rugby football, athletics, basket ball, two fully equipped gyms.

Used to come back and use the facilities especially the cricket nets in the summer holidays.

Our Harlow residents will recognise it, it was called Mark Hall. Set me up for a sporting life will for ever be grateful

126. goonermichael says:

I come from brixton/stockwell dandan it’s still a shithole The council estate I moved to as a teenager had the spg on it for 6 months and 2 tv docs made about it. I did swimming instead of sports and it was the only thing I got any pleasure from.

127. goonermichael says:

Wenger has ben charged in case you missed it

128. dandan says:

Going to mind the Grand children for a couple of hours will be interested to see if any other memories appear.

Evonne
    I can assure you that in any and all my previous lives I had the finest of taste, so no – definitely never a Spudder.

The trouble with past lives is that everyone seems to have been Cleopatra or Julius Casear. Must have been mighty crowded in their heads…

130. Irishgunner says:

Happy Birthday BR :-)

Can’t believe Wenger got charged – will they charge the referee with being shite?

131. Dandan says:

Not me Rocky I was jack the lad

132. evonne says:

Rocky – I didn’t mean to insult you :) I bumped into my ex-director at the Ems last night. His big secret was that he was a Spud till he was 20!!! Once he told me, it was no secret any more, I told everyone :)

133. goonermichael says:

evonne :)

Remind me not to tell you any of my secrets

134. evonne says:

GM – very wise, cannot hold the water :)

i was thinking about UEFA charging AW, cannot tell the truth anymore. He will probably be fined, say £20k and many will say, not a big deal to him. But it is a big deal. When I get a parking fine for £60, i can afford to pay it, but it makes me mad, madder even than usual. So I imagine, he’d be furious too

135. goonermichael says:

He’ll get a ban too though evonne

136. SharkeySure says:

To put it Frankly…thats a brilliant write up.

Back later…in time for Stevenage’s opening goal hopefully

137. SharkeySure says:

Henry asked me to type his name out on AA. He’s 4.5.

138. Irishgunner says:

If the Spuds go out to Stevenage ………….. :lol:

139. Irishgunner says:

Have ye all read Online Gooner today?

So the lads shouting “buying or selling tickets” down the Gillespie Road are never arrested, because?

140. evonne says:

Hello Henry! I am looking forward to meeting you soon :)

Henry Sharkespeare. What a lovely name!

Irish, that Online Gooner article is shocking. Once it was explained to the police what was happening, you’d think they’d use some common sense and go after the real touts.

Looking at the comments under the article, I detest the way the second commenter uses the incident to knock the club. As if Arsenal have control over the police. It’s absurd and sums up the Gooner fanzine to me. I used to love it but it’s now full of hate like LG.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.
    Spuds 1 down.
    I know it won’t last, but it’s still funny.

143. Irishgunner says:

Chas – I’ve never bought the Gooner fanzine so can’t comment but do take your word for it. To be fair to the victim (cos this is a disgrace) he did say that the club have nothing to do with what happened.

144. Gooner In Exile says:

Unsurprising tho, as they tend to be watching close to the ground/turnstiles, I know Peaches said when I took a ticket off her before not to give her money outside the ground.

145. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Total brilliant report.
    Happy Birthday Big Boy, I`m still working on the antidote !. :)
    Loved seeing Charlie getting excited, That man caused me some joy and pain many years ago. Back in a day, when I had an “award winning ” mullet, my mates called me Charlie because of the, then resemblance. The highlight was the League Cup Final win over the Dippers, I was bought drinks all night after Wembley. Kids would whisper when I was playing football ” Is that charlie ?, you go and ask “. I took a lot of Ribbing, but It was a laugh.
    Then there was the midweek game away to West Ham ,I think It was around April `88, Charlie had not long left us and I was still getting a ribbing, me and another gooner got ourselves detached from some Hammer friends in the Chicken Run. We ended up in the corner next to where all the gooners were segregated, We watched the game and kept a bit quiet, after awhile a gang of ICF behind us kept calling “Yuhooo Charlie”. It didn`t help when Arsenal scored (we won 1-0 ) and me and my mate sounded out a pittifull boo, I looked around to see grinning negative nods. I didn`t like the odds of 10 to 2, so we made our way to the exit, only for them to cover It, I looked around and my mate had disappeared, It was now 10 to 1 and they felt more brave and charged after me, I dived over the railings on to the pitch like Rooney in full flow and was grabbed by the Bill and marched out of the ground with arm up behind my back like I was the offending hooligan. I suppose I was lucky I didn`t get a good pasting or worse.
    I laugh about It now , but at the time I was bricking It. Whatever dark days I`ve had In the past, humour is a massive part of my personality and usually gets me through. Thanks Charlie.

146. Gooner In Exile says:

Like Chas I used to be an avid reader of the Gooner and it was always a place for a bit of self deprecating and spud hate but unfortunately the contibutors have become more opinionated and I think many take it as an opportunity to air grievances, where as before it was in the main amusing comment.

I did pick up one last season, and it said in the editorial that the authors had been told to be more upbeat as the readership had told them thats why they weren’t buying anymore. But I never read it for its outlook or serious journalism, it was more like a copy of Viz to be sniggered to whilst reading.

My favourite cover was one with Ian Wright with a match ball up his shirt. And the headline was something like “Wrighty in copycat injury scare”, it was a few weeks after the Ladies team star striker Marianne Spacey announced she was pregnant.

glic,
    Cracking comment at 7:58.

I reckon if you put a couple of reminiscences like that together we could be enjoying an award-winning post!

148. goonermichael says:

is the scum game on tv? i think I’m going to be sick listening to this dickhead on itv wanking over messi

149. goonermichael says:

now it’s that scotch wanker on ssn

ESPN, gm

151. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Thanks chas, but It was only seeing your vid of Charlie that got me thinking of the past. Now if you were to put up a vid of Jeff Blockley that would send me over the edge and I`d probably have a contract put on his head , I`d hire Hitman Haircules to beat him to death with his slipper !

152. goonermichael says:

thanks chas

Haha Jeff Blockley.
    What a barnet and sideburns combination!
    (how many Arsenal players in the photo?)

This is the article the photo is from. Poor Jeffrey.

GM………The Corona lorry.

This conjures and exciting world, can you give us a bit more description, which is a polite way of saying can you jog this old gets memory, I know, I know this but it has slipped, or is on the way of slipping from my memory.

155. Irishgunner says:

How many times has Carlos Vela done the same thing in the cups as Messi did for Barca’s first goal?

He’s a top class player, unreal, but not everything he does is magic. Also, a lot of people seem to have forgotten that they are TEN POINTS off the pace in Spain.

156. goonermichael says:

Corona cream soda :)

157. Irishgunner says:

That 3rd goal was good though … bored, would rather watch the Lyon vs Apoel game

As hard as I try I cannot remember Corona Cream soda, but R. White’s cream soda……..now you’re talking

I’m watching Apoel Lyon.

160. Irishgunner says:

Is it any good Chas? I’ll get extended highlights after this game

It’s getting better as the game goes on.

162. dandan says:

Even if its not true, How good is this guy. “Podolski is a Gunner as Arsenal agree £10.9m deal with Cologne for striker”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2111725/Arsenal-Cologne-agree-Lukas-Podolski-deal.html#ixzz1oT1yQncx

163. goonermichael says:

i don’t remember them as old as that chas

haha, gm

How about this at 1:35?

165. SharkeySure says:

Evonne 10.16

:-)

They were rock hard, Sharkey.

Evonne’s biceps, not 26′s underwear, I hasten to add,

168. SharkeySure says:

Aye she’s got a firm grip that lass….

I cannot pass any comment on 2*13′s underwear…thankfully..?? Perhaps Evonne can tell us more.

I’ve never forgotten how 2*10+6 went AWOL for two weeks after 90mins sat at THOF with Evonne’s hand on his knee.

Perhaps he thought cast iron underpants were a good idea after last time…just a thought

169. SharkeySure says:

Absolutely fantastic that the young Dubliner got to see a great game on ‘his debut’.

Although I’m not sure if every other visit will now be a bit shit for him, after the stratospheric highs of last.night.

Get him to write a post about it….get someone to ‘ghost it’ for him if needs be. ie he sends in 500 words of rambling blarney, then someone tidies it up and hey presto….we have ‘My travels from Dublin to THOF – to pop my cherry’

170. SharkeySure says:

DanDan….Podolski is a class act.

There’;s talk iof inconsistency and he certainly didn’t pull up any trees at Bayern, but you just don’t collect that many German caps if you are not a very good footballer.

See exhibit A. Per Metersacker. Slow, ponderous were some of the descriptions, prior to his arrival. Since then he has shown that he is simply a class act.

Oh and we also have Joel Campbell to come back from L’Orient.

3rd this season, Champions next season..??

Night all

171. Gooner In Exile says:

“But Defoe fired in a well taken equaliser before Bale was awarded a controversial penalty”

This according to BBC sport, anyone seen it?

172. SharkeySure says:

GiE – Agreed re how funny the Gooner used to be. Also agree that it was like an Arsenal Viz.

Right really going now…luckily I don’t have an AvvyGravvy thing. Well not a proper one anyway.

Yellow doilies…lol

173. SharkeySure says:

Oh shit….yeah I did.

Ball running out of play….Bale swings and misses the ball, just as def swings and catches Bales foot. Ball was out of Bales reach, and ruinning out of play.

Not really a dive per se, but still a pretty soft pen. There’s a lot of contact, but Bale is already falling having air kicked at the ball. Defenders kick doesn’t alter or uimpede Bales chances of catching the ball. If Bale had crossed it and been clattered there’d be no foull whether a goal was scored or not.

Bale had an unimpeded swipe and missed.

Thats my view after two quick looks anyway

174. Gooner In Exile says:

It’s not a dive but I’m not sure it’s a pen

175. SharkeySure says:

Bale toes it….

Silly defending really…but not really a dive, but deffo not a pen

176. Gooner In Exile says:

I agree Sharkey he actually toes it out with his best foot, while his normal standing foot goes for an almighty air kick. Soft

177. Gooner In Exile says:

Snap!

178. goonermichael says:

Chas how did you find that? Funny thing is me and a friend demolished an empty prefab when we were about 12. I got caught but was a bit young to prosecute so the police just took me home.

179. TotalArsenal says:

DanDan

L Podolski: games played for clubs: 282, scored 110 (0.39 goal per game)

RvP: games played for clubs 345, scored 149 (0.43)

Last two seasons:

LP: 56 games, 30 goals (0.53)
    RvP: 70 games, 54 goals (0.77)

Combined it would be some strikeforce for next season!

Rag and Bone men – check
    Corona Lorry – check
    Prefabs – check (had some mates who lived in them. I remember how despite the small size of the houses, people had beautiful gardens).
    Party Line – check
    Most of the others – check

How about:
    Farthings
    Tanners
    Thruppeny Bits (calm down Terry, not the rhyming slang version)
    Pubs with “off sales” hatches
    Door-to-door knife sharpeners
    Wasn’t there a Saturday evening “sports” edition of the Evening News in London? I think it was pink and blokes used to sell it in pubs and door to door.
    Penny for the Guy (does anyone still do that?)
    Vesta curries (first curry I ever had)
    Listening to the ‘new Top 20′ radio 1 show on a Tuesday

181. goonermichael says:

Chamakh and Park are going. i hope we have RVP, Podolsk and Campbell as the young one coming through. We’d piss on most defences with that

182. goonermichael says:

I used to go to Saturday morning pictures in what is now the Brixton Academy.

Loved the Battersea bats.

183. goonermichael says:

Tubby Isaacs

Hi GM
    I’m a Sarf London boy too – grew up in Charlton. Used to go to Saturday morning pictures at Blackheath Standard – I’m ashamed to say I’ve forgotten the name of the cinema (it closed down in the late 60s) – might have been an ABC.

How come you ended up supporting the Might Arse?

Don’t care about the Spuds scraping past Stevenage.

They won’t win the Cup and the more games they have to play the better.

Hmmm – have just looked at who’s left in the FA Cup. They are definitely favourites now.

So it will be even more funny when they get knocked out :D

187. Gooner In Exile says:

Rocky I listened to some of the Spud game on R5, and what surprised me most was just how delirious the crowd were singing because they were beating Stevenage 2-1 at the time. Sucks to be a spud.

In other news someone in Europe talking sense http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/report-questions-manchester-citys-etihad-deal-7543869.html

188. evonne says:

GiE @12:20 – it was pathetic. Adebarndoor an to Arry for exaggerated celebration after penalty that put them above Stevenage. Sad

Messi scored 5, yes 5 goals last night, genius.

SS – don’t be naughty, I am watching you :)

189. dandan says:

Rocky I used to rush home from the Arsenal, collect my papers and then went out selling them around the streets, shouting out Star, News and Standard, Clasified, that paper bag was heavy to carry with 4 quire of papers (116 Papers) in it and from memory I got a halfpenny a paper sold. It used to pay for next weeks Standing ticket at The Arsenal.
    Parents wouldnt let me be a paper boy during the week, homework, sport and school were more important.

Now I am in Late Middle Age, may I chip in with ….

Sherbert Dips
    Flying Saucers
    Spangles
    Jamboree Bags
    Curly Whirly
    Strawberry Mivvi Icecream
    Fruit Jelly
    Wonderloaf
    AA & RAC men
    Watch with Mother …. Torchy the Battery Boy, The FlowerPot Men.

Spurs winning the Double

191. oz gunner says:

morning all. Happy birthday for yesterday BR, hope you had a good day.

@ GM

do not forget afobe.

Strikers: RVP, Podolski, Campbell, Afobe

Not to bad at all!

192. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning Raddy,late night or early morning?

193. Gooner In Exile says:

Mancini starts tapping

“We are interested in all good players, ” said Mancini. “I think all the good teams are interested in Van Persie.”

“He is a fantastic striker but I think he will remain with Arsenal.”

Rest of its on BBC Sport

I know he is only answering questions but he could just say “Summer is a long way off” or “he is under contract at Arsenal he is a good striker”

Still sobering up! Nothing that a Full English couldn’t cure.

A gift from my Spurs fanatic nephew – he is involved with the Spurs Community Blogsite (should be called Care in the Community!) ….

Knowing that my blogname is BR he contacted Arsenal in order to trace Big John Radford. They told him to write to the club who would forward any requests. John and my nephew made contact and as a result I have a signed pic of the man himself with “To BR, Happy Birthday John Radford” written on it. Best of all, it is the very same pic I use as my gravatar!

spurs winning the double…………come on BR, every Arsenal supporter knows that is just a children’s fairy story whereas a Mivvi, well now you are talking.

Belated Happy Birthday.

What a fantastic gift from your nephew Raddy, hope you had a great evening :)

198. evonne says:

Raddy – that is so wonderful! I am a bit tearful now, what a magnificent present for you

Happy Full English, BR.

200. Gooner In Exile says:

Rocky asked this last night:

“So the question is BR, how are you going to improve the world in the decades ahead…?”

That’s a question we can all ask ourselves, this morning I finally watched the kony2012 video that a lot of people have been tweeting about.

Well that’s what I’m going to do. Watch it, then help change the world.

201. oz gunner says:

What a great present BR.

and agreed, nothing a full english breaki can’t fix

GIE. In answer to your question…..

I can only do my best to improve the world around me. I hope I can do so by being a responsible member of society and doing so with a smile. A little laughter goes long way …..

Thinking of which. I made a speech last night in which I reviewed my time here in Dk. I said that the highlight of my 5 years in Copenhagen was last weeks 5-2 victory over the Scum. Now that got a laugh :-D

203. dandan says:

Funny I have not heard from my spud brother since a week last Friday, now why is that I wonder. :-)

204. evonne says:

Raddy :)

I save water and collect socks for the homeless

205. evonne says:

Dandan – give him a call at five to ..any hour :)

206. Morning all, especially you Beauty, it’s Beastie here !

Are we taking the Podolski transfer seriously here or not ?

Hope your birthday celebrations went well last night, Big (and) Randy.

GIE. Thank you for the link to Kony 2012. Inspiring.

208. Normally I’m on the BBC live sport feature, but they’re all creaming themselves off about the Argentinian dwarf who plays in that 2 team scottish league with sunshine. Anyone heard of him ?

Bah, I don’t give a rat’s arse about Qatar FC/Catalan diving association.

209. New Post ………

210. Red Arse says:

Evonne, your comment is very meritorious! :-)

–”I collect socks for the homeless.”

Thing to remember, is that you have ask 26 and Chas before pinching their socks!
    Anyway – isn’t it embarrassing when the homeless give them back on the grounds they are a bit ripe? :-)

211. Want to lose your weight? Well, our blog has the best solutions for you! Read our blog and learn the best methods to maintaining a fit lifestyle!…

[...]Arsenal 3 – 0 Milan Report: The Ox and TR7 pair-up to rejuvenate our midfield « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

212. khaosan road forum…