Arsenal Supporters – disillusioned or pathetic?

Witch hunts, apathy, delusion and greed, all pathetically wrapped up in an unshakable belief in a divine right to win. Recognise it? Of course you do. Unfortunately it describes many so-called Arsenal supporters, who today stand supreme amongst football folk in their ability irrespective of the injury situation and short of any real knowledge of the internal politics or financial situation facing the club, to defame our great clubs name just by confessing their poisonous support.

They twitter and blog in expletive enhanced anonymity, hiding behind a nom de plume often itself of a sarcastic nature, whilst venting their vile ranting’s. Should you bother to look behind the façade of these ne’er-do-well’s then you will often find the courage of their conviction is underwritten by an email address as ‘Mickey Mouse’ as the support and comments they dispense.

Of course all is not well with the club and anyone who denies that has his head in the sand, but how is it helped by Boo boys and derision.

A gaggle of players are approaching fitness again too late probably to rescue our season. So for once, perhaps, we will have to live with finishing behind the spuds and out of the top four. Big deal, if it happens we will take some stick, a mere smattering I guess compared to that we have inflicted over other supporters over the years. Let’s at least accept our fall from grace should it happen with equanimity, calm and a touch of class, secure in the knowledge that we will be back to full strength by season end, when in every likelihood there will be a clear-out, with new faces joining the first team squad.

Do I think AW will have walked away? No! I dont for a moment believe he will and nor should he. The man’s record is phenomenal and no-doubt will continue to grow in years to come, much to the chagrin of the Tony Cascarino’s and Brian Woolnough’s of this world, and the anti-brigade who follow  them. He could of course walk to a better paid job of his chosing anywhere in Europe, and given the dogs abuse he is receiving at present who could blame him. The French national team or indeed our own would be his for the asking should he wish it.  No doubt SparkyHughes or  Sam the Hammer would love the chance to take over at the THOF, much to the relief of the respective fans who have to watch their efforts at present.

Season ticket holders, many of them of long-standing are unhappy. A season ticket is a major investment in households where for many, disposable income has substantially diminished in recent years and this season’s price increase has just exacerbated the problem, leaving difficult choices to be made. No doubt for many, guilt at such expenditure creeps into the equation and when faced by lack lustre displays, perceived lack of ambition, underlined by the supposed reluctance of  the club itself, it would seem, to make reciprocal investment it is not surprising that resentment leads to a wider discontentment.

But does that give genuine supporters Carte Blanche to act in a manner that if it were directed at them or their families would undoubtedly escalate into something more serious. Or should we as Arsenal fans uphold the traditions of our great club, display a little class, weather the storm with dignity and await the cyclical turn around that is surely not far away?

Written by dandan

222 Responses to Arsenal Supporters – disillusioned or pathetic?

1. Morning all, a bit of an incendiary post there Dandan.

As long as a supporter doesn’t disprespect another who’s views are contrary to his then they have a right to an opinion on how the club is being run and the relative skills of the manager and players.

I always believe that every gooner has a right to support the club in their own way and just because I may not understand it doesn’t make ther support any less valid than mine or anyone elses.

Of course there will be negativity in bad times such as now, that’s human nature however I agree a loss of civilty to fellow supporters is completely unnecessary and lacking class.

2. Gooner in Exile says:

DanDan. Thank you for a cracking post.

Like you I have no problem with people criticising the club, the issue I do have is how they do that.

A bit of reason applied to the one line of criticism and a little less bile that some persist with would make them more palatable. The problem is that many are just regurgitating “truths” they have heard/read elsewhere and don’t seem to have the ability to think for themselves.

3. Also I wouldn’t say our support is pathetic; fractured or conflicted and in pain, maybe.

chary,

” a bit of an incendiary post” maybe so but not on AA.

I said the fans are frustrated at this moment of time and this period will sort the real supporters from the plastics.

My only concern is that i would have liked a little activity in this window.

dandan, I admire you for even having the time to write a post today with so much ill health around you.Well done Sir.

5. Sorry Kerlsy, I didn’t know about ill health or what you said earlier(on the previous post?) about fan frustration.

The reason for me seeing it as a bit incendiary is the implication that a supporter is not a true supporter if he criticises the club in anyway.

Interesting post, dandan.

There does seem to be a growing chunk of our support that are disillusioned and hopefully, it’s only a small minority that are ‘pathetic’ in the way they express their discontent.

I’m sensing a theme in the past three days’ worth of posts. :)

As Wenger has said, everybody has to have an opinion about everything these days. It’s an unfortunate by-product of the Information age. As GIE implies, if you hear something often enough you start to regard it as fact. The internet has become a place to rent opinions.

I still can’t help wondering how different things would have been if AW had taken Theo off instead of The Ox. Or better still, left things as they were after we’d equalised. The moaners who sit to my left were predicting the substitution from the moment the subs got stripped. For five minutes (due to defensive corners and the ball staying in play) I was praying it didn’t turn out that way . Then we scored and the subs sat down. Phew. Two minutes later Nani is injured, an Arsenal sub is made and the predicted happens.

7. Sigmund says:

Besides the economic reasons given for the difficulties experienced by long-term season ticket holders, you need to add the reality that we pay the highest ticket prices in Europe, possibly world football. This does create a belief, valid or not, that we should be producing top class football. In the past few seasons we have seen the quality of the squad decline with the players coming in seldom the equal of those departing. We also see the largest surplus made on player transfers of any Premier League club over a number of years. This makes the payment of the most expensive prices in difficult economic circumstances even more frustrating. Of course we can just stop purchasing our tickets, but fans who have been season ticket holders for years, sometimes decades, shouldn’t be forced out of seeing their beloved Arsenal by this anomaly in the club’s financial management. If we are going to consistently be the fourth or fifth best team in the UK, and one of the 16 best teams in Europe, then our ticket prices should reflect that. We should not be paying top prices. That’s basic economics not the belief in a divine right to success.

8. A loyal Arsenal fan says:

Are Arsenal fans disillusioned or pathetic?
    I think its actually called loyalty.

Morning all … fighting talk dandan :)

@Sigmund
    Thanks for a very well presented and comment. I think the author is suggesting that the way we play football and the manner in which the club is run comes at a premium. The fact that ticket prices are high is down to market forces and since they are still pretty much selling out every game, it makes sense in business terms. The only thing that might lead to a reduction in prices would be a significant drop in attendance – probably resulting from disillusionment among supporters. We have the best stadium in the Prem and it is a joy to go there and watch football.

10. Wonderman says:

Great post Dandan, i’ve come to view some of our ‘supporters’/fans as schizophrenic. There was a massive outcry by some about us spending £12m on an 18 year old….’Why dont we buy experience’ they said…now they want to hang the manager for subbing him. I remember the disquiet about Kosser’s height and Vermy’s stature, now silenced. It’s easy to be ‘entitled’ to an opinion when it has no consequences, it cannot be proven or disproven .

Unfortunately i suspect many of those with the most vile opinions have never ran a team in their lives for an entire season ( at any level) and had to deal with the multitude of issues physical, phsychological, financial and otherwise which can effect the mindset and therefore performance of a group of players.

I do believe however that our board have an awful lot to answer in relation to our poor performance in the transfer market

11. Double98 says:

unconfirmed reports that Wilshere is out for the rest of the season!!!
    Had a set back in training.

Did Arsene run over a Black Cat shaped mirror or something?

I saw those reports, D98. It never rains but it pours.
    How the season would have been different if Capello had let him rest!

13. Chas, I heard Jack was out for a minimum of 3 weeks due to the set back.

That makes him back in March at the earliest.

14. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Great Post dandan,
    Whether I agree or not with anything to do with Arsenal Football Club, come matchday the only thing I`m going to do Is get behind my boy`s, you`ll never catch me booing know matter how bad they`re playing individually or collectively.
    £41 for my ticket up the North Bank in the Leagues best stadium, BARGAIN !. :)

15. gooner lost in cornwall says:

PS, Have we bought anyone yet ? :)

16. 4th the new trophy of the ambitionless says:

During the season:

Support the lads, this is our team now theres nothing we can do but back the boys.

During the summer:

Now is not the time to moan about the club and transfers. Wait until the end of the window and if we havent dealt with the problems then moan.

During the season…………………..

Ad infinitum

17. gooner lost in cornwall says:

NO, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :)

Great post dandan

My immediate reaction is that if you visit this site you will get a range of views and arguments that are well reasoned and the level of debate is excellent. I mean, i dont always agree with Herb and Kelsey, but for me they are great posters and what we all have in common is our love for the club and the desire for it to win.

Now, i might be wrong, but my general take on a lot of the “spleeners” is that they tend to be young, spoilt by the Invincibles era of success, and possess a level of arrogance that never fails to amuse me. They seem to know more about managing a football club than the proffesionals, more about the finances of the club than the clubs accountants, and more about the tea than the tea lady.

i have no problem with the spleeners, they can vent spleen as much as they like for all i care. What i do take exception to is when you try to put an opposing view they jump on you like a pack of hounds at a fox hunt, no doubt satisfying there crazed blood lust for venting spleen.

19. Red Arse says:

Dandan, :-)

A classy well directed and intelligent look at fans and how they support their club and the manner in which they express that support.

It may have been worth mentioning that there are another group of fans, who are quite different in the way they support the club, who will recognize the truth of what you are saying, but might feel affronted by the Post because they do not recognize themselves in the way you describe.

In broad terms, this other “good” group have perfectly understandable concerns over the position the club finds itself in, and want to ask pertinent questions of the management, as well as expressing their opinions in a civilized manner. There can be no fault with this approach and the internet provides an appropriate way for them to let off steam without the attendant foul abuse you have referred to.

Then there is a sub-division of that group who simply give their unquestioning support thru’ thick or thin and keep their thoughts to themselves and stoically accept the travails that beset every club at some time in the cyclical process, as you indicated.

I suspect this group are in the silent majority, and altho also having concerns, do not feel the need to use the internet to either discuss or rant with others, but content themselves with chatting to family, friends and other Gooners at work.

I really enjoyed the mental stimulation your post has given me, thank you!! :-)

20. Arsedave says:

Dandan, Great post as usual for the authors of this site.

Having had a quick scan around other Arsenal forums I am pleased to say that we are handling this present situation with a lot of dignity and loyalty.

GLIC 11.04 , Well said.

21. Just to play devils advocate, would any one here prefer us to go out to Villa on Sunday to prevent fixture congestion and allow us to concentrate on getting into the top 4 ?

22. WiganGooner says:

Cracking post DanDan, really great discussion starter.

I think, being a fan is so very much like being in love. There are good times and bad, times when you look around to see if there is a better, more compatible woman and times when you realise the one you are in love with is the only one for you.

Arsenal is going through a rough time, with every peak there is a trough and we keep hitting new lows at the moment. Every team has periods of despair to go with the periods of success.

We are so very fortunate to have had so many years of success it is no surprise to me that we are struggling, but my faith is unwavering, my love for Arsenal is strong and it will be with me until I expire.

I have massive respect for Arsene, he isn’t the club, but he has taken us to a new level that I am certain we would not have reached without him and his vision. It would be folly to cast him aside. He can and will achieve success with us, we all just have to keep the faith.

WG

23. Gooner in Exile says:

TMHT there are not just Invicible era fans, but also those older types who didn’t want Wenger and his foreign I fluency in the first place, who like some sections of the media have been waiting to be proved right.

And the one line that pisses me off the most?

“We pay the highest ticket prices in World Football”

Because its only true of about 5% of the seats in ground. I know I posted about it before but in relation to other London clubs we have more fans through our door at under £40 than Chelsea and Spuds, and it’s not like the tickets are vastly different in price under that barrier.

Cheapest ticket at the shithole down the road are for Cat C (Wigan, Stoke, WestBrom, Wolves, Swansea) cheapest price behind goal (lower tier) £31, ours £35. Cheapest price on sidelines (lower tier) £39 (or £36 with restricted view), ours £38 – £40.

Go to CatB games (everyone else bar Cat C, Liverpool, United, City, Us, Chelsea) cheapest ticket behind goal £36, ours £35, on sidelines £44 (or £38 with restricted view) ours £38-£40.

Tell me again why this “most expensive” line gets constantly touted.

Definitely not, chary.
    Can you imagine where morale would be for the Bolton game on Wednesday if we lost to Villa?

Besides, we’re going to have so many players coming back from injury in the next few weeks we’ll need the extra games to get them all match fit. :)

25. Arsedave says:

Chara 1966, that is playing devils advocate. Not a chance, a trophy is a trophy is a trophy. I’d rather we win any of the 4 trophies on offer every season than worry about our league position, because success breeds success. Look at us in 98 and 04, look at ManU in 94, 96, and 99. And also look at the old Liverpool sides that seem to pick up a cup and league almost consistently. It’s all about building up momentum and staying there. I still maintain that had we beaten the Brummies last season we would have won at least 2 other trophies. After that defeat we went flat and rotten.
    A good win against the other Brummies on Sunday will do us far more good than a defeat.

GIE, because some of the main people pushing the ‘most expensive’ line bought seats at club level when we moved stadium.

Thats true GiE, but oldies moan about everything dont they? hahaha.

My back’s hurting today. :)

29. Red Arse says:

GIE,

That sentiment bugs me too.

I have learned before, on other sites, that some of those spouting this line actually do not have a season ticket or have never been to the Emirates.

GLIC’s 11:04 is right (what am I saying) :-) great value for money.

Further to previous comments,if I had a mistress, I would not begrudge spending that sort of money on her, and enjoying her company — and entertainment — not that I have a mistress ….. obviously.

Noooooo …….. put that down Stephanieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RA, is she fingering your Ming vase?

Sorry to hear that Chas. hahaha.

Redders, dont no why, but i have this image of you having several mistresses sprinkled arond the world. hahaha.

32. Chas/Arsedave – just looking at what happened the last time Villa played at Ashburton Grove (we lost 2-1) I’ve got a bad feeling about Sunday and am mentally preparing myself for a defeat as well as a bruising encounter.

McLeish seems to have the hoodoo over us in cup competitions and our current form has been very poor, he will no doubt tell his players to “get stuck in” as is the wont of this Bacon face mini-me/wannabee.

33. TotalArsenal says:

DanDan, thanks for a very fine post :) Is it too much to ask for a little class, to weather the storm with dignity, as you put it? I don’t think so!

But if you have convinced yourself that either the BoD is not interested in success but only profit – as if those two aims are mutually exclusive?! – the manager is only interested in his multi-milion salary and not success (yeah right!!!), we are stuffed to the stadium roof with ‘deadwood’ (strongly believing this is only an Arsenal problem and our competitors are brimming with top PL players throughout their entire squads!), and too many players are lazy and/or rubbish (rather than looking at the deeper causes), and you feel you are entitled to success, that you are owned something, and you can hide behind a cybername, why wouldn’t you ‘vent your vile rantings’? You are angry and ‘you’ will let the world know, because you can – yes you can!

It is SO much easier than being philosophical or dignified about this current mini-crisis. Yet, the latter is far more likely to lead to a swift return to success. Instead we choose to put massive pressure on the players and the manager, and allow the media to manipulate us; to have a ‘field season’ with our beloved Arsenal. For me, it all became unbearable recently, when ‘supporters’ started to redicule young Aaron Ramsey, who is currently putting his entire heart and soul into Arsenal, effectively destroying the bit of confidence left in him. That is cutting into your own flesh – how stupid could somebody get?!

Luckily on AA the vast majority is dignified in their criticism and disappointment of how the team is performing at the moment. All is not well at the moment, and maybe there are structural problems: who knows for sure? But we are in the middle of the season, with a hell of a lot to play for. Now is the time to stand behind our team collectively, to be the 12th man, on and off the field, to support our players and our manager, and who knows how it will all plan out.

At the end of the season, we should be analysing crititcally on how Arsenal has done and what needs to be done to move the club forward. Now is not the time.

34. Dave says:

That piece would be relevant if it were only this season. To be honest you could have written that same post for the past 3 or 4 years.

Great comments TA

36. Arsedave says:

C1996

I don’t think Villa are a “bruising encounter” type of team, I think that is why they’ve been rolled over a few times this season. Players like Albrighton, Bannon, Petrov, Delfonso and Agbonlahor fall under the nice tippy tappy bracket.

37. goonermichael says:

Great post. Although I get negative sometimes I don’t abuse other fans or our players or manager. Some other blogs are disgraceful for that. I want to beat Villa and go as far as possible in the cup and the CL. I’m not sure we’re getting top 4 anyway.

chary,
    Don’t you always have a bad feeling and prepare yourself for defeat?
    I don’t mean to be rude, but it seems part of your make up as far as being an Arsenal supporter is concerned. Apologies if this is unfair.

39. evonne says:

Dandan – great post, thank you very much Sir.
    You mentioned ‘dignity’ in your article and to me that’s what it is all about, maintaining our dignity in the face of adversity. I am not happy we lost last 3 consecutive games. I am not happy we were kicked out of the Carling Cup. I am not happy that our top goal is 4th place in the table. But because there is sweet eff all I can do about it, I am going to remain dignified and will not shit in my own backyard. I am sorry about the language, but I feel very strongly about good-weather fans, I would not even call them supporters. They are fans who are there for fun, not for true backbone support.

Thank you once again Dandan and buziaki dla Pani Ani.

gm, your posts are great. You do realise that your hillarious even when your not trying to be funny? Any way, i know this is not the place, but have you ever cut transplanted hair?

41. Arsedave – under any other manager I’d agree, but legend has it the night before THAT match at St Andrews when ole red nose Fergie was on the blower telling his old friend McLeish how to beat Arsenal that McLeish decided to instruct his players, including Martin “Tiny” Taylor, to “get in their faces”.

We were well placed to win the league that season(how strange it feels to say that nowadays?)but after a few robust challenges Eddy sucumbed, our season unravelled and the rest is history.

I don’t see McLeish changing his ways anytime soon.

chary,
    We were well placed to win it last season, too.

43. TotalArsenal says:

For Arsenal, every season has five prices to go for:
    1. Win the PL
    2. Win the CL
    3. Win the FA-cup
    4. Qualify for CL
    5. Win the CC-cup

Despite this season being of a transitional nature and all the recent disappointment, we are still aiming for three of those ‘prices’. Not a single competitor is able to aim for more compared to us. Every reason to remain possitive.

Villa weren’t dirty at Villa Park in the league at all.

45. Chas, I trhink this is the first time I’ve come out before a game and said I have a bad feeling and that is based on our current form – I wouldn’t have said that I feared defeat between September and December this season.

However it’s true we were well placed last season also, but it’s not a regular postion for us nowadays.

I don’t know where you got the idea that I’m always saying we are going to lose from.

46. goonermichael says:

Terrible news about Wilshire if that’s true

47. Arsedave says:

I have heard that SAF, Arsene and Roy Hodgson are on the phone to each other more than any other managers.
    I believe they even travel and stay together for EUFA conventions.

48. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne, that is a bit unfair. Your back garden is so lovely, you would never feel inclined to do a number two there! :)

49. gooner lost in cornwall says:

chary, I want both, but expect none, but either one would do !, does that answer your question ? :)
    Let me put this one to you, The only way we qualify for CL is if the scum was to win the League ?

50. goonermichael says:

Terry
    I’v cut transplanted hair a few times. We have a client that my colleague does that’s had 4 or 5. He’s a gooner funny enough

51. goonermichael says:

Wenger is good friends with Joe Kinnear. My friend sometimes sees them in the lemon tree (think that’s the name) drinking together.

5 transplants gm? he must be a dreaded Norwood 7, in other words his hairline begins at the back of his neck.

53. goonermichael says:

Our injuries hardly ever seem straight forward.

54. Arsedave says:

TA 12:10

Thats a good way of putting everything into perspective. How would our competitors look with these “prices”

55. goonermichael says:

Horseshoe Male pattern baldness. He looks pretty good now.

56. gooner lost in cornwall says:

gm,
    Has anyone come in and asked you to cut their syrup ?
    I can just imagine It, you cut their syrup and bring out the mirror, ” how`s that sir “, and their not happy so they take their syrup off and pull another one out of their bag, “lets start again ” :)

Blimey , Redders agreeing with me ! mwah, mwah

57. TotalArsenal says:

Arsedave:

Mancs: 3
    Oilers: 2 (despite a losing £192m this year! Hardly value for honey!)
    Spuds: 3
    Chavs: 3
    Dippers: 3

58. Arsedave says:

Thanks TA, interesting stat. When you think about it last season at this stage we were heading for the clean sweep of prices.

59. TotalArsenal says:

Arsedave, it also shows that all teams are having to come to terms with disappointment this season, except the Spuds for now, although they might be fighting very soon for just the one ‘price’ – qualify for CL – which we will tak off them just before the end of the season :)

60. tomstoned says:

dandan
    well its nice we have supporters like you then ..walking zoombies…good luck !
    what a rubbish post…

61. goonermichael says:

TA
    What is the list you’ve posted? I can’t find what it’s referring to. Is it trophies. Ignore the question I forgot about the thursday night cup.

62. goonermichael says:

tom. That’s not very nice. You could have at least worded it better. dandan has been with Arsenal through thick and thin.

63. evonne says:

TA – exactly! Our Club is lovely too and I would not shit there either. I know it is not very ladylike, but it is a sore point

Anyway, when are you coming over?

64. tomstoned says:

goonermichael

well i have never questioned dandan’s support before,go back read up i think i have praised many of dandan’s earlier posts and often kept quiet when i disagreed
    but i have never been a fan of Lenin and i surely wont start now,what gives dandan the right to be judge and jury ??
    it must be nice though !

65. Red Arse says:

I am back — intactus!! :-)

I do not really subscribe to the ‘good’ fan – ‘bad’ fan classification.

The way in which people respond to events in their lives is covered by all sorts of stimuli.

But take something non-controversial and define someone who is;

1) an “Extrovert”. That could be defined as someone who is outward going, an exhibitionist, a show off, with a tendency to be loud or brash. Or;

2) an “Introvert”. That could be defined as someone who is reticent, reclusive, shy, close mouthed.

Already, if those perfectly normal terms and attributes were applied to football fans you would expect and get very different responses to the same stimulus.

Hypothetically, if a ref were to give a bad decision the Extrovert would scream and shout invective and threaten retribution. The Introvert, would shake his head in dismay but keep his mouth firmly shut.
    Both ‘types’ are only acting out the specific responses bestowed by nature. And there are many shades of grey between the extremes.

When you add in other human attributes the responses can become even more succinctly different in the intensity or volatility towards various actions and reactions.

For example, a response that over-rides class, could mean that someone brought up using ‘industrial’ language as a norm, sees nothing wrong in publicly using it when angered.
    Another person may have much the same feelings of anger but be brought up to feel such language inappropriate in front of others, especially women or children.

To cap it all, the sociological mores, defined as the currently acceptable values of morals or manners particular relevant to the modern era, for some people, is reflected in the – “I want it, and I want it now” – or – “I paid my money, and I have my rights” maxims which have compounded the differences between the differing fan groups.

Who is behaving correctly, who badly?
    Well each of the groups will believe the other groups are wrong in their behaviour.

Fortunately, I do not have to choose, and I am happy to keep my head down ….. sometimes! :-)

Tom,

Your comments are out of order, dandan is a true Arsenal supporter who has taken the time to write an article in which he raises fair points and questions, yet you seem to fly of the hook and call him a zombie. Is it venting spleen time ?

67. Red Arse says:

OK, the 1:02, above, is why I do not write Posts! :roll:

GLIC, you have become an important reason for me to blog on here, along with the other cuckoos! :-)

But I will try and get better at disagreeing with you – altho most of the time you are on the button! :-)

68. tomstoned says:

lets hope your not the only member of the jury TMHT.

69. gunnern5 says:

I have no problem with the way folks present their opinions on the Internet, sure the comments are anonymous or from behind veils but who cares, after all what better place is there to vent?

Football is not a ballet or an opera where one should be calm, dignified, sedate or classy – it’s a game full of passion and contradictions and along with that goes the emotion that results bring out in the supporters.

To mute that emotion is simply not possible but it is possible to vent in the right places – IE the Internet, radio, TV etc.

The wrong place to vent is at the ground where it has a negative effect on the players and the manager, booing is particularly repulsive and low class and can only be destructive.

The thought of football being classy and dignified leaves me bemused as in 65 seasons of watching and giving my fervent support I’ve never considered Arsenal to be either – it might even make Sir Jack turn over in his grave.

70. TotalArsenal says:

Good comment RA :) Responses to an Arsenal mini-crisis by supporters vary as a result of people being either introvert or extravert, agressive or passive, glass half full or half empty, trusting towards others or distrusting, looking for blame or looking for causes etc etc.

71. Red Arse says:

MerryT, I would not bother if I were you!

Off for lunch. [Fish and Chips, Dandan -- best in the world!] :-)

72. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne, when you say the word ‘shit’ I imagine you saying it with your lovely Polish accent – haha :)

I hope to get a ticket somehow for the Spuds game in 30 days. If not it is going to be a game in March :(

73. tomstoned says:

i know it can be very very difficult to accept the opinions of others,but some like 1.18 should really try it at least now and then,its refreshing ;but then again it cant be easy ! they do after all have a hard time accepting it in Burma too …its not easy to be open minded…!no wonder racism still is an issue in our society !

74. evonne says:

Tom – Dandan might be the judge and jury, but who appointed you the executioner? Please stop the unprovoced attack on the author, the last thing he wanted was an even bigger divide between us

75. evonne says:

Tom – what the foock has Lenin and racism to do with a price of beer?!!

76. evonne says:

TA – just for you, ok for Chas too – to me both ‘sheet’ and ‘shit’ sound the same. For years my son and husband were killing themselves laughing when I was putting clean ‘shits’ on our beds.
    The other one is ‘piece’ and ‘piss’ – so my ‘piece of cake’ turned into ‘piss off, cake’

77. RedMJ says:

OK tomstoned. So you’ve criticised and insulted AA bloggers for expressing their opinions, the vast majority of which is done in a reasoned and intelligent way. You however, have not added any value to the debate about which the post was written. And somehow that seems quite typical of those that want to boo and moan and whine about ticket prices or the board or AW or the transfer policy or whatever else comes to mind but can’t bring themselves to think rationally about the impact their own behaviour has on the team. No one is saying we all have to agree but if you disagree you should at least offer more than criticism and insults, otherwise we descend into civil war. And to play the racism card is very low.

78. Evonne, that reminds me of when the Israeli prime minister(Shimon Peres) used to come out of negotiations with a random towel head and talk about his hopes for “the piss process”. :)

79. evonne says:

Chary – ha ha ha, yeah, that’s another one in my vocabulary :) Bloody difficult language, 30 years and I still cannot express myself adequately and without people laughing at me :)

80. Herb'sArmy says:

Tom

Having read some of your impassioned comments, there is no doubt you have the interests and well-being of Arsenal at heart, and some of your points I’ve agreed with myself. But…
    Dandan is a stalwart of AA, a sensible measured voice in our ‘instant-gratification’ fueled world. To take time out of one’s everyday life to try and entertain or challenge people’s perceptions is difficult enough, and at least it prompted a response from you.
    AA put a post out everyday, and every day it’s a different topic, often many which lead to quite heated debate, some, of which I have been involved myself.
    Nobody is forced to write a Post and we can choose whether or not to read, but thank goodness they do, so that it provides a platform for us to discuss these issues.

81. I’m sure no one but a bounder would laugh at you for any verbal slip ups Evonne, your accent, slight that it is, sounds delightful.

I laugh more at the way northerners speak, the way they sound is very grating and unedifying – we don’t call them northern monkeys for nothing.

82. Gotta laugh at the Chavs manager, this is what the pork ‘n cheeser bloke said about Ferdinand’s anticipated behaviour before the game against them: “This game is based on good values more than anything else. These players should continue to promote these good values.”

And who is your skipper again ??

Step forward John George Terry, that fine upstanding example of moral correctitude.

83. tomstoned says:

Evonne..i accept your opinion and its fine,still dandan’s post was poor and did just that help creat an even bigger divide between Gooners..

RedMJ ok ? so thats Your opinion could it be that dandan’s post actually did provoke Gooners who feel that our club is moving in the worng direction,am i a lesser Gooner than You Sir,possible i dont think You know much about me then again you might…

me as a person im straight forward,im always telling it like i see it,am i always right ..of course not..

i never boo,i never slag off any of our players.i have during 41 years travelled twice a year to watch Or Beloved Arsenal…lately with my son,do i complain about ticket prices Yes,not because i cant afford to pay them,BUT there are unfortunately many Gooners who lives much closer than me who cant..do i feel upset by the way The Arsenal have been run since 2007..YES..are we being ripped off Yes imo..
    still what i do hate the most is intolerance,i am born in a country that values opinions and the right to speech,i have often on this blog read very good posts who goes against anything that i stand for,some times i have changed my opinion,sometimes people on here have opened my eyes,
    when we dont accept others opinions anymore what the heck do You call it Sir !

and ill say it once again todays post did nothig else than provoke and divide in my humble opinion a very very poor post,and i say it again i have often praised dandan’s posts,some of them quite excellent…go back read up..

84. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Redders,

In my daily cuppa of AA, you and Terry are like my two lumps of sugar !
    Shit, I hope that doesn`t sound Broke Backish ! :)

85. tomstoned says:

Herb’s Army

maybe im just a simple person,todays post was imo opinion poor,changed my opinion about dandan im sorry to say, one who i have during my time in here often praised,

BUT i dont for a moment question dandan’s love for Our Beloved Arsenal,then again dandan shouldnt be so quick to judge other Gooners..

86. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne @.143 very funny. It is indeed a difficult language and I struggle with pronunciation at times too, with simple things such as: head and hat – I always make them sound the same. Or ‘thorough’ – I like to leave a fat ‘OO’ at the end. But nothing like ‘I am going to put some fresh, clean shits on the bed’ haha :D

87. TotalArsenal says:

GLiC – are you cyber tea-bagging your best pals on here? :lol:

88. Herb'sArmy says:

We’re all simple, humble people, Tom.
    Until Stan Kroenke talks to us and makes clear his intentions for the club’s future, we could be in this state of paralysis for a while.

89. RedMJ says:

tomstoned.

I do not claim to know anything about you other than that which you have written on todays blog which contained nothing more than criticism, insults and thinly veiled accusations of racisim.

This blog of all places is very open to the many varied opinions that our team (and football in general) inspires and it encourages active and healthy debate. But a healthy progressive debate requires all views to be shared and if possible supported by facts and not just hearsay. Certainly criticism and insults alone wont lead to a meeting of minds and will divide.

It is not intollerant to say you don’t agree with someone and its not intollerant to say you don’t like the way someone behaves. I believe that with free speech comes responsibillity.

90. TotalArsenal says:

Raddy, I know you are obviously not blogging today, but I would like to wish you and your family and friends all the best today.

91. evonne says:

I am only saying this so that Rocky can come along and say ‘Evonne, your English is perfect!’ and then we can flirt across the ocean :)

92. gunnern5 says:

From Arsenal.com

……………………………………………………………………………….

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Sunday’s FA Cup clash against Aston Villa.

on Bacary Sagna…
    Bacary Sagna is back in full training. Many players who are not specialist right backs have been playing in this position so we are relieved to have Bacary back.

on Mikel Arteta…
    He is very close to full training, Thierry Henry as well.

on Kieran Gibbs…
    He will be back to full training on Monday. He will certainly not be involved at all on Sunday.

on Francis Coquelin…
    He is back in the squad, he is available. That makes him, Henry, Bacary and Arteta back in contention for the squad.

on Jack Wilshere…
    He has had a little setback that is under investigation at the moment so I cannot give you how long he will be out for. At the moment he is seeing a specialist and as soon as we know more we will communicate. It sets him back a little bit but for how long I don’t know. It is the same foot but a different problem to the injury he had surgery on back in September. But is it an inflammation? We have to wait a little bit.

on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain…
    He is alright, it was just fatigue. His calf was not gone or anything like that, he just started to tire a little bit. It is normal for a guy who plays a game at that intensity. But health-wise he has no problem. He will be involved on Sunday.

on Johan Djourou…
    He has still not practiced today. It is a small hamstring problem – but a minor one.

on the overall position…
    At the moment, many players are on their way back. I will have to decide on Saturday, I have to look at them and see how much of a gamble I can take because we play again on Wednesday. Gibbs will certainly not be involved at all on Sunday, but the others could be involved. That will be decided tomorrow.

93. gunnern5 says:

Wenger – We’re unlikely to sign a left back

By Rob Kelly

Arsène Wenger says Kieran Gibbs and Bacary Sagna’s imminent return makes a left-back loan signing unnecessary.

England international Gibbs will be back in full training on Monday after three months out while Sagna – who can fill in on the left – returned this week.

Wenger also has Thomas Vermaelen available and says there is no need for him to enter the transfer market.

“Gibbs is back in full training on Monday, and Vermaelen can [also] play left back and he is fit. [Andre] Santos will be fit in March,” he said.

“Three left backs, plus Sagna – who can play there – is four. We are not [shopping for a] left back.”

94. gunnern5 says:

Wenger – We’re gunning for the FA Cup

By Joe Brewin

Arsène Wenger insists the FA Cup is a major priority for him this season.

Wenger is the only Arsenal manager to have won the competition more than once, having guided his team to four triumphs in his 15-year tenure.

Aston Villa are Arsenal’s fourth-round opponents at Emirates Stadium on Sunday and the Frenchman says his desire to lift the trophy remains as fierce as ever.

“If you look at my record, you will see the FA Cup is important for me,” he said. “If you look at the record of all the other teams, I think our record is better than all of them over the past 15 years.

“Even last year we went for four trophies. How many teams go for four trophies this season? Nobody.

“I think we always try to go for everything and for a long, long time last year we went for trophies late in the season. Still we will try to do the same and try to win the FA Cup [this year].”

95. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne, do not underestimate the Rocky! He might not be sleepless in Seatle, but he can fly over pronto from Toronto! You might be putting on clean sheets before you know it :)

96. evonne says:

TA – no worries, I am very brave behind my keyboard, different story face to face :)

Another one of English words I cannot pronounce is ‘drawn’ and ‘drone’. I need to use them for my beekeeping, ie drawn comb and male bee the drone. They sound the same to me. Can you hear the difference?

97. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne, aren’t we all keyboard-heroes!

Yes, I can with these. But then Polish and Dutch are very different, so we are likely to encounter different linguistic challenges.

A few years ago, I was playing trivial pursuit with my in-laws and the answer to a question was ‘leopard’. I was asking the question and my FIL gave the right answer but I did not recognize the pronunciation. I was expecting to here leo-pard: the first part as in the name Leo and the second part as in in Lam-pard. So I kept saying ‘No, that’s the wrong answer’. He got more and more frustrated and said – it has to be the right answer (he is very good at TP)… in the end I had to show him the answer and they explained, to my embarrassment, how leopard should be pronounced….

98. Jack’s just tweeted this: “It is true I have had a set back. I can’t tell you how long I have been set back because I don’t know! I am very annoyed but will stay strong”

So there you have it; it’s just occurred to me that since I started on Twitter last summer I’ve yet to hear Jack talk about how he “played in the game” unlike the other players I’ve been following. I hope we don’t have another Diaby/Rosicky/Gibbs in the making. Stop it Chary, stay positive !

99. TotalArsenal says:

Ivory Coast are through to the quarter finals, after just two game played. No goal for Gervinho though :(

100. As I’m talking to myself now(TA and Evonne are off chatting themselves up) I’ll bet Twitchy throws tonight’s FA Cup game to preserve their squad for the league, especially as there’s no point in chasing a cup when the year doesn’t end in “1”. :(

101. TotalArsenal says:

Chary, disappointing news about Jack. Let’s hope it is not too bad. I hope his does throw it, but I doubt it. He will not want all his eggs in a very narrow basket..

102. TotalArsenal says:

I am away for a while – daughter wants to play computer games..:)

103. That’s the thing TotalA – he’d rather go out in this round and finish above us than progress further in the FA Cup and risk their league position.

It’s how the N17 Looters measure their success, if they are above us in the league…forever in our shadow.

104. goonermichael says:

I can’t see what’s wrong with the post tom. I think he’s talking about the type of people like the one on twitter after the swansea game wanting Ramsey to “die in a car crash” or g**bon on LG wanting Wenger to “die in his sleep”. It’s fine for you to disagree and we all know some of your views about Kronke etc but no one on here has called you any names as far as I’m aware so call him a zombie is out of order really.

105. goonermichael says:

Who’s going on Sunday?

106. I’m in Peachy’s pocket GM – but there for real next Saturday against the chicken farmers team.

107. goonermichael says:

I’m I going to the tavern on my own again? :(

108. goonermichael says:

Am I?

109. No GM, I heard the talk of there being about 5 or 6 at least there, Peachy and Raspers will know once they come on next.

110. Hello gm – Rasp and I will be there and I think we’re going to meet glic and son and possible TMHT too – exciting times huh ;) Also I’m pretty certain that GiE is coming too and I might be able to persuade 26may to come along for a drink and chas – like me – is always there :D

The pub that Arsene and Joe KInnear have been seen drinking together in is The Orange Tree in Totteridge Lane……. one of my favourites :)

111. Yooo hooo here I am …………………

112. Gosh, talk of the devil(as the famous Ozzy album would put it). :)

Tom,

I have to interfere here on dandan’s behalf, for if you have been reading the blog daily, he has a sick wife and he is caring for her.
    I know dandan very very well and we have different opinions about Arsenal and he places quite rightly or perhaps wrongly the bigger picture in the current economic situation.

Would you kindly withdraw your remark calling him a zombie and then we will all move on. .Thanks

114. goonermichael says:

I look forward to seeing you all there. I bet you know my colleague Peaches. He lives in Totteridge and worked at Ricci’s in the seventies. I took him to the Tavern for the city CC game (even though he’s a redmanc) but no one was there. He knew a lot more people than me. He’s a good friend of fat Harry the hot dog man.

115. goonermichael says:

I said the Lemon Tree I think. I had the right idea :)

116. goonermichael says:

QPR defender Anton Ferdinand is considering refusing to shake hands with Chelsea captain John Terry before Saturday’s FA Cup fourth-round tie.

It is the first time the clubs have met since Terry was charged with racially abusing Ferdinand in October’s derby.

Advisors and QPR officials had told Ferdinand that shaking hands with Terry would be the best course of action.

Chelsea manager Andre Villas-Boas said it is “extremely important” that Ferdinand shakes Terry’s hand.

“This game is based on good values more than anything else,” he added.

“These players should continue to promote these good values.”

What sort of planet do these silly billys live on? Why should he shake his hand? Why did everyone laugh at septic bladder again?

God values and john terry that’s a poxy moron

117. evonne says:

I’ll be damn if I am going to miss such fine gathering. I cannot go to the game, but I will try to pop to the Tavern for a glass of water, how exciting is that?

Chary – I am so sorry, I was ignoring you, just preoccupied with TA, he does that to you

118. goonermichael says:

I am the nuts at blog farts obviously

119. evonne says:

GM – too bloody right! Shake hands, bollox to that. JT should get on his knees and apologise

poxy moron :)

120. Danish Gooner says:

Dandan you will realize in 3 years how wrong you were.

121. gooner lost in cornwall says:

peaches,

” I`ll be there, I`ll be there, just call my name, I`ll be there ” !.

Nothing too exciting though, like e va va vonne said earlier, I`m brave behind the computer, in real life I`m just a shy polite person who is looking forward to meeting some fellow gooners, I`ve been starved of gooner company for many years ! :)

122. evonne says:

GLiC – me too, I really want to meet you, another keyboard hero (love that term, TA)

That Jack Wilshere is a heart breaker, what setback?? We need him back badly

123. evonne says:

Dannish – have you lost the number again?
    Can you elaborate – what in your opinion will happen in 3 years time?

124. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Thank you e va va vonne, It will be my pleasure to meet you, I cant be disappointed, your witty, you love dogs, your Queen of the Cuckoo Club and your a Gooner and if i`ve left anything else out it`s surely good stuff ! :)

125. evonne says:

GLiC – just one little thing – I’m completely mad, well, eccentric :)
    See you Sunday, cuckoo, cuckoo

126. GM re your 5.21, I agree as per my 2.12.

Evonne @ your 5.22- I know you’d never ignore me, I’m only teasing. :)

127. Red Arse says:

Oh stop it you two! :-)

How will they recognize you GLIC? Will you be wearing your award winning duck hat; or should that be your quackers hat?

It will be easy to recognize Terry the Telescope, his Sunday best moleskin syrup will be a dead give away. Well the mole is dead; pity it was a bald mole tho’. :-)

TA, you will eventually write English to PhD level, so with that in mind; “prices” (earlier) = “prizes”! :-)

How are you on pronouncing; Hare, heir, hair? :-) Or plough, bough and slough? (not the Town) :-)

No asking me Dutch words permitted!! :oops:

I probably served you when I used to be a bar man/boy in the Orange tree.

Many moons ago.

So what with StonedTom and Danish I am starting to understand why the suicide rate is as high as it is in Scandinavia.

Great Post Dandan.

130. gooner lost in cornwall says:

e va va vonne, eccentric ! , that will do me. :)

Redders( one of my lumps), I think the other lump has a half dead Meerkat on his head,not a follically challenged Mole. It plays about 20 mins on the left then goes for a comfy snooze on top of Terry`s head `till fulltime , simples !. :)

131. Red Arse says:

GLIC,

Are you suggesting The TerryMan sticks his noggin up Arshavin’s jaxi? :-)

132. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Short answer, Yes ! :)
    Unless, (me being slightly Dyslexic ) you said Terryscope was snoggin Arshavins stick in a Taxi ? Life in Surburbia ! :roll:

133. Red Arse says:

I expect you to give TerryBoy a thorough grilling to get to the bottom of this, when you see him on Sunday.

I am a bit dyslexic myself, did you say you suffered from slight dick licks when you lifted Sue Burbia? Awesome! :-)

134. If Jack is really out for the season…..and Wenger doesn’t buy a decent enough player now…then I can’t even imagine the fan backlash he will get. We are anyways left wanting on the left side of midfield(a playmaker is needed), and now this ‘minor setback’.
    Doesn’t really know whether it is actually Wenger’s fault or the Board’s that we do not spend money, but kronke bidding for some baseball club and our chairman making statements about top 4 non-qualification not a disaster, we can very well guess that their only intention is money and business is their first priority. I hate Usmanov, but is he a necessary evil?? Coz the top hierarchy in Arsenal are still living in the 90’s ,football has evolved…but we are yet to do so(eg: wage structure). If nothing is changed at all, I can see dark days ahead for our beloved club. :(
    …..Nice, fiery post by the way …..

135. gooner lost in cornwall says:

So now I`m going to have a Funday by thoroughly drilling Thaiboys bottom with or without his telescope ! :)

136. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Dont worry Sagar, this is a temporary blip for us gooners and normal service will be resumed in the not too distant future. Terry , you fill in the rest ! :)

137. Red Arse says:

Sagar,

You have expressed this negative opinion over and over again.

Arsene Wenger joined us in 1996, and that heralded a wonderful period in our history for both the brilliant football and the acquisition of trophies.

The Arsenal “top hierarchy living in the 90’s”, as you call them, had absolutely nothing to do with Arsenal, or indeed football in the 90’s, so on both counts your comment does not make sense.

138. Red Arse says:

GLIC,

It looks like MerryTerry won’t come out to play, so he must be having a boys night out, and I am now off to play in a Pub Quiz, where I will be accused of cheating, again.

No bugger believes I have a good memory to compensate for my limited brain power. :-)

Tomorrow!

139. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Redders,
    One day I will tell you of my “shady tactics” which made my team quiz champs. Have a good evening .

140. evonne says:

come on Watford :)

141. dandan says:

Evening AA’ers . Sorry to have missed todays skirmishes, but as Kelsey has suggested my time is at the moment not necessarily my own.
    It would appear my post has caused some dissent among our merry band. Well fair enough, the purpose of the blog as I understand it is to allow diverse opinions to meet. But the journey from Dandan to Lenin does in all honesty seem rather a leap of the imagination that escapes me. But no doubt I should reconcile myself with the thought that however notoriously earned, his input is at least remembered, not a bad result for an itinerant blogger I guess.
    It would seem though that my words have not travelled well to foreign lands in particular, I regret that given that my view of the Arsenal supporters as all of one nation when blogging on here, is somewhat damaged by such a notion.
    I was rather taken however by being reborn as a Zombie and took the trouble to look it up.
    “Zombie an offensive term for a person considered to lack energy, enthusiasm, or the ability to think independently.”
    Well at 68 for sure the batteries are not what they once were. Independent thinking, perhaps you’re right there also, your choice. But lack enthusiasm, nah not having that. The floodlights that first lit up my life in the 1950’s at my beautiful and sadly missed Highbury shine no less brightly from the new home of football located just down the road. Whilst as long as the TV and computer screens that are now my daily windows on the wonderful world of all things Arsenal, allow me to feed my passion, then the enthusiasm will not wane, not even in the face of the realisation, that the nature of football and life being what it is, I might easily have seen my last trophy held aloft by an Arsenal captain. Should that be the case then the memories of happy days, great friends and likeminded acquaintances met over the years will journey with me to whatever is the next stop on the journey.
    To all you super AA’ers who have leapt to my defence I thank you.

142. TotalArsenal says:

DanDan, well said. Everytime I read your comments, I somehow imagine you sat in your living room in a very comfy chair, not far away from a steady burning open fire, a glass of scotch in your hand and nice big cigar in the other, thinking things through thoroughly before commiting them to cyberspace.

Your post and comments are priceless/prizeless (RA?!) :)

143. evonne says:

Hi Dandan, you are only in your sixties? So sorry, but I have always imagined you much, much older. It might be because of your wisdom or calm maner, or both.

Yeah, the bit about Lenin was hillarious :) Mind you, my friend told me that her 15year old twins add comments on various blogs just to upset people. Bloggers, not knowing that they are poked by terrible twin kids, get upset, respond, get into arguments, and little shits are having fun.

It would not surprise me if Tom turned out to be a kid, would make more sense then, wouldn’t it?

144. Gooner in Exile says:

LB @ 6:41pm – Priceless. :)

As for talk of Sunday drinks I’ll be there GM, hopefully (trains dependent) around 2pm.

And I apologise now, I realised after I booked tickets that I have been to see Aston Villa play Arsenal at the Emirates twice, and on both occasions we have lost :(

145. slimgingergooner says:

Dandan,

Hats off to you sir for being able to write such a fantastic post in what must be difficult times.

146. TotalArsenal says:

Marocco are out of the ACN, so Chamakh could play on Sunday?! ;)

147. neamman says:

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF 99% OF FOOTBALL SUPPORTERS. With the exception of the top 4 what really do any supporters look forward too? A cup run or a promotion from the Championship? The Wenger years have spoiled comparatively new supporters but reality is every club goes through times when even hardcore supporters can become blase. I, and a few others here, remember the 60s.. sure we were in love with the club but for most of that decade the “excitement” was gone after 2 months. We were out of the league ..probably out of the league cup , and only had the hope of a cup run in january /march to look forward too. I still watch every game shown here in Canada.. 90%.. but am I expecting a Championship in the next 5 years.. frankly..no. And thats ok..I would rather we pay off the debt and lay the foundations for financial security because for sure.. things ..in the outside world, not the world of Arsenal.. are going to go down the toilet very soon. Depression here we come.

148. oz gunner says:

@ DanDan

great post, as always. Every AA’er can count on you for a rousing post. Hope good times come to you and your wife.

@ TA

haha i also picture Dandan as that too.

@ the cuckoo club

you are one funny bunch of supporters. TMHT’s tea bagging comment had me in tears.

@ LB

great post the other day, left me thinking about the questions you posed all day. Like Rocky i wouldn’t want anyone else at the helm, but there are a lot of If’s involved.

@ Irish

very clever post, i too am addicted to the mighty gunners. Watching them play is pure joy. The only drugs i take are life, love and ARSENAL!

@ GiE

thankyou for the stats on ticket prices, very interesting

@ GM and BR

best wishes to you both, all the best (sorry for the lateness)

@ TA 11.51

couldn’t agree more, very well said.

@ Rasp

Sow is gone, my hopes have been dashed

@ The injury front

Poor jack. Have we ever had a player return on time or early? Rosicky, verm, diaby, rvp, and gibbs all come to mind!

149. Awesome article! Many thanks to the author! Received a lot of fun …

Morning all/Slava,
    Sunday kick off’s, pah! What’s a chap to do?

Cripes, look a the date. Guess my new signing must be thinking of packing his bags soon.

Morning all.

I found dandan’s post one of the most emotional i have ever read on here.

TMHT, When you have combed your hair give me a minute as I would like you to expand about your earlier comment about you and me having different views about the club we both support.

Micky and a Good morning to you.

With regards to the bullet being sent to Ferdinand it is not a football issue it is I am afraid the society we live in and hopefully it won’t kick off in the streets of West london.

153. hey all, how are we??

great post dandan..sorry to hear about the hardships that you and your wife are going through, my thoughts are with you..and plenty of respect for making the time to write a piece that we can all enjoy and debate..

there is no doubt about the way our team is at the moment..some ppl see it as doom and gloom, others see it as a bit of hardship and stuggle that will certainly make us stronger for it once we jump these hurdles..

there is alot to huff n puff about when it comes to the politics of the club at the moment..so much so that even mediocre ex-players and supposedly famous ppl have jumped in with their two cents (who the ‘FooooK’ is piers morgan, does he pay my rent or the mortgage at the emirates?… NO.. he is a ‘cant’ a ‘cad’ a….you get my drift). funny you dont see the legends jump in both feet to make some noise ie dennis, tony..

i believe in the notion of full blown support for our club, the manager our players and i hate to say it, but even the board, thats right even the board..

firstly, our manager who has taken this club to extreme heights and legendary status, delivered a few cups/silverware, nurtured youth into world beaters and is surviving an economic crisis with dignity has asked us for faith and unity!! this has been mentioned a number of times here at AA and in the public forum by our manager..why cant we respect that and reserve our right(if any) to judge at the end of the season..after all its not like Arsene has got his coaching badges and economics degrees out of a ‘coco pops’ cereal box (yumm, i love coco pops :-) ).

i guess its true, patience is a virtue..

by the way Dandan, if they say your a zombie, THEN I WANA BE A ZOMBIE TOO..u write magnificently, and the way you counter ppl’s naive swipes with simple injections in your reply @8.56 is all class..dare i say wenger-esque!!

to any new ppl who have joined, welcome! im fairly new here and i love it…there is a sense of normality on this site…bah, who am i kidding, its crazy fun, stick around long enough and youll realise its a CUCKOO RISING!!! ;-)

dandan,
    Just read through yesterday. I must say, that for a Zombie, you write exceedingly well. Thank you for the post and very best wishes to your wife.

155. oz gunner says:

morning all.

indeed he better micky, loric remy better quit flirting with the scum and liverpool and come over to us. He wants to be a regular in the french team, who better to make that happen than arsene himself. Every french player he buys turns into one.

156. hey oz,

im really not worried bout the scum attracting top notch players..the intelligent ones will hear alarm bells with ‘Arry n his tax negligence..especially after saying that he was as bright as a 2yr old (or something along those lines)..

where bouts from Oz you from mate?

Ah ha Oz,
    We are cutting it fine, as usual. Still, midnight on the 31st is better than nothing. I have this horrible feeling of RvP getting injured during the first week of Feb!
    Loic Remy to the rescue. He would be a great and versatile addition.

158. oz gunner says:

@ Micky

If RVP gets injured i’m holding you accountable. expect a lynching from other AA’ers in your vacinity haha. Exactly it aint over until midnight on the 31st when i throw the laptop against the wall due to the lack of signings, but then reflect and remember there is still hope in MC and Park!

@ RuVP

West Oz
    I agree, in the last year they’ve tried to sign 267 strikers and only managed one on loan.

enjoy your morning fellow AA’ers, im off to enjoy this wonderful sun

159. evonne says:

Chas – I thought you may like this:

I just looked at Slava’s webpage and guess what – she translates articles from this blog, word for word ! Irish, she took yours!!

I just have this thing about young pretty girls :)

160. i HEAR YOU Evonne.. ME TOOOO ;-)

Is that you in the clip evonne :) and you have a thing about pretty young girls, (Russian even) as micky would say I will get my coat :)

162. evonne says:

Silly Kelsey -No, it is you in the clip

Robbin – I hate them!! I am so jealous!!

I checked Slava’s site a bit more, and look boys what I found for you

163. Slava,
    Your site is amazing..i dont understand the language, but then again ive always been more of a picture person. lol :-)

evonne,
    whats her site about, what language is it written in? ps thanks for the link..hahha

It’s in russian, robbin

165. evonne says:

Robbin – russian. It is more or less about anything, from sexy pictures, humour, house and garden shit, to a footballing section in which you will find best articles from here translated word for word.

It is a money generating site, she advertises some games

166. i think AA deserves a cut for its input to the site (someone call the cuckoo union)..maybe some signed photos…

I think she is a fiddler on the roof ;)

Someone sent me this bit of trivia this morning I thought you might find amusing.
    It’s to find your Blues name.

Mine is Ugly Harp Jenkins.
    Anyone?

169. evonne says:

Kelsey :) we are going to appoint you the Chairman

Evonne, how did you know I have a flatulence problem? :)

171. “BIG BABY THOMPKINS”

thanks Chas,

thats cool..where’d you get that from?
    i feel like i should be practising double Bass or something

172. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning all. RurP and Oz are you ready for the Big Day Out? Or was that yesterday your time? I hear Kasabian are playing Oz? And Noel Gallagher.

Skinny Badboy Parker. how apt :)

Chas,
    Sleepy Sugar McGee here!

Kelsey,
    You have Badboy and I’m a friggin’ McGee. Unfair or what!

176. Alisher Burkhanovich Usmanov= Fat Money White

Stanley(Silent) ‘Stan’ Kroenke= Blind Bad Boy Smith

How Fitting!!!

Chas, this will never get old

177. Skinny Legs Green says:

Everyone sits their quietly
    And waits for the team

I’m still a Gooner
    Will be til I die
    Still a Gooner
    Yeah baby til I die

(sung to a normal blues riff, you can use this as a guide)

Big Baby T,
    It was posted on FacePalm (as Micky would call it).

179. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Morning all,
    Sticky Dog Bradley here, exellant chas. :)

Sticky Dog Bradley!
    This is so unfair. You all have such cool names, while I’ve become a Celt!

181. I noticed one christian name is BALD . I wonder who that is ?

182. Skinny Legs Green says:

Alex Song Billong – Fat Badboy McGee
    Jack Andrew Gary Wilshere – Boney Bones Killer Bailey

183. gooner lost in cornwall says:

kelsey,

that will be, Q X mancini transplant ! :)

184. hey GiE,
    yeah was in syney where im from on Australia day..2 days ago..
    i missed out this year, saving all my honey for an awesome trip to THOF and the UK in the not too distant future..
    Oz can still go, hes in western australia, BDO is in perth on Feb 5th..

Both Kasabian and Gallagher are out to strutt their tunes..but id rather see a Frimpong in the making any day of the year..good piss up though

185. Skinny Legs Green says:

My sister in law recently moved out to Northshore, they’ve never done festivals here so they wouldn’t have gone.

Probably one reason I’d go Down Under would be to be sure of sunshine whilst at a festival. I’ve probably been to 9 festivals over the last ten years and only 2 have had long periods of sunshine and none have been without rain for an entire weekend.

Thanks for joining in, boys. :)

Sleepy Sugar,
    Here’s one of your Celtic relations on trumpet…

Skinny Legs,
    The very idea of you have skinny legs keeps making me laugh.
    Love the song.

188. evonne says:

Happy Sugar Blue

189. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Oz @7:24, Looks like I`ll have to do the micky lynching, as I`m the nearest to him, I was thinking of using the Electric Chair, but due to Health and Safety reasons I cant,their too deadly !. Instead ,he will be suffocated by Vanessa Feltz downunder.

190. Mickey,
    no offence, but ur blues name sounds like some character from a brokeback mountain series :-)

….and girls. How appropriate!

192. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Sleepy Sugar, is that one lump or two ? WAKE UP !

GliC,
    I’ll take the suffocating by The Feltz any time as opposed to a lynching by you in that nasty sordid dungeon of yours!

194. Skinny Legs Green says:

Chas….. cheeky fekker :)

rUp, :-)

Micky,
    MDI translates to Jailhouse Legs Malone.
    Any better?

Wouldn’t it be great if Redknapp was suffering from Jailhouse Legs sometime soon?

197. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Actually mine is quite fitting, I`m always a Sticky Dog first thing in the morning`s, woof woof ! :)

198. Jailhouse Legs Malone says:

I feel goooood now

199. skinny legs,
    i worked with a mate who moved from England (yorkshire) to Oz…for that very reason, he loves the sun but ironically his skin cant handle it ..

he was telling me of a famous festival that happens in leeds..apparently goes for days, and wen its over everyone just buns their tents n stuff.. he woke up late after a huge night dancing among other mischievious stuff and said he woke in Croatia..the smart ass meant that he woke up to wot looked like a war-zone… funny stuff..

if i could take the sun with me id move to North London immideately!!

200. Sticky Dog Bradley says:

Thanks to e va va vonne for the pic`s, It helped with the stickyness this morning ! . :lol:

201. *burns* their tents

202. GLIC,

Your 8:58, I saw you calling yourself a cant — bit harsh for a fellow cuckoo. :-)

203. Le Grove= another dose of verbal diarrhea

204. Dandan,

I have only just read your response to the “zombie” jibe.

Pure class! And the best way to answer such balderdash. :-)

Needless to say all of the regular AAers know and respect you and your quality Posts and know too that the comment was outrageous!

205. call it wishful thinking but i think that chel$ki will get rolled over tonight (oz time)..

chas,
    any chance of a request for a feel good song??
    “i got a feeling” by black eyed peas

206. Howling Mad Sticky Dog Bradley says:

I`m so jealous I haven`t got a Big Dong Sexy Beast like you, you swine !. As for me calling myself a Cant, It`s probably because I`ve been brainwashed by Mrs glic, she`s always calling me It !.

207. Red Arse says:

Howling, :-)

By the way, where’s our mate Barking Mad Telescope? :-)

208. Howling Mad Sticky Dog Bradley says:

Redders,
    He`s been a bit quite since he said he had a dodgy client with concrete jacket connection`s ! , how will our Tel`s..cope ?.
    I`m off to take Max gooner for a walkies.

Listen to the first, play and mute the second at the same time.

210. i got a feeling that tonights GOONER be a GOOD NIGHT!!

these lyrics will be fitting for the whole weekends fixtures

211. Cheers Chas..
    Awesome!

Morning all…..

….. New post ……

I can’t see it, Rasp

214. Skinny Legs Green says:

It’s there now Chas/Rasp.

It’s the WordPress app for iPhone it makes the date wrong, but I’ve changed the date and it’s now at top of page.

215. Telescopes for Sale…

[...]Arsenal Supporters – disillusioned or pathetic? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

216. league of legends ip cap…

[...]Arsenal Supporters – disillusioned or pathetic? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

217. Wellington places to stay…

[...]Arsenal Supporters – disillusioned or pathetic? « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…