Holding Out for a Hero. Will Thierry start? Match preview

A real 3 pointer today, what with Spurs and Liverpool dropping points at home.

We all know that Swansea are a very difficult side to beat at the Liberty Stadium, in fact only MU have won there this season. The Swans have conceded just 4 goals at home  (compared to AFC’s 6)  and have drawn half their home games (5/10) Spurs gained a very squeaky point a couple of weeks ago and Swansea will go into the game full of confidence.

Beating Swansea at THOF was our first victory of the season, it was back when we were awful , only a first half Arshavin goal securing the points. It is testament to Swansea that we should consider this fixture as “tough” –  who would have thought so when Swansea were promoted? Most AFC pundits would be happy to leave Wales with a point, but if we are to push for an automatic CL place we must have higher ambitions.

Remember how to do this Andrei?

Our lack of full backs has disrupted the team of recent weeks and any manager worth his salt will target our flanks; 26% of Swansea passes go out to the right wing and in Scott Sinclair and Routledge they  have players who can cause us problems, though it could be worse – they could use the left flank :-) Dare we go into the game with Miquel and JD as our full backs or would we be better served by playing Squillaci in the centre and moving Koscielny to the left?

Midfield is where today’s game will be won, Song is a hugely important and should he regain his form we will have the platform to win. Apart from the super pass to TH on Monday (still feeling the elation?) Song has not been playing up his very high standards, his passing haas been shaky and he doesn’t seem to know what his exact role is in midfield – is he a link player, a DM or an attacking midfielder? Fluidity amongst ARS is all well and good but sometimes it doesn’t gel.

Henry, Benayoun or Ashavin to replace Gervinho? I would select Arshavin who really tried hard on Monday and bring on TH after 70 mins. Can you remember the last time Meerkat played a full game?

Interesting stats: We have conceded in all bar 2 of our last 17 away games. We have had 9 shots cleared off the line – the highest in the PL. Only 14% of our goals have been scored from set pieces – the lowest in the PL.

My Team:

We have a very strong bench (apart from GK).  Benayoun, The Ox, Henry, Rosicky, Squillaci or Yennaris.

Inventor from Swansea?  Sir William Grove. Not only a High Court Judge but also the inventor of the fuel cell which is still used today in space rockets. Sir William is one of The 100 Welsh Heroes. Of course, Swansea is better known for giving birth to stars of the Arts including, amongst a wealth of others, Dylan Thomas, Anthony Hopkins, Sir Richard Burton and the great Bonnie Tyler.

“Come on you Swans!”

Can the return of Thierry fire up the team? Today will be a test as Swansea are on a fine run of form and we are not. Toothless sans RvP we have to find more goals from midfield. A tingling in my fingers is telling me Ramsey will score today on his return to his homeland.

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

350 Responses to Holding Out for a Hero. Will Thierry start? Match preview

Yip, epic facial hair construction.
    Now to read.

2. evonne says:

great post, thanks, speak later

Morning all, superb prematch Raddy and iconic musical reference…..

Excellent Raddy, thanks.
    I agree with your defence and also that after his workrate against Leeds that AA deserves another run out.
    In the middle I would give Song a break, drop AR alongside Arteta and play Rosicky in the AM.

Off out into the sun and freezing wind for a cliff top march, then back here around 4pm. Guess I’ll catch up with you all then.
    Have a great pre-match wherever you are.

6. TotalArsenal says:

A beautiful, well-rounded PM Raddy :)

I hope our boys will start with some fuel cells burning up their rockets, and fight like lions for 90 minutes. I feel this will be either a 3-0/4-0 win or a hard fought for draw – all comes down to desire today. I believe we have that now, so should be no problem. Like you, I hope Ramsey scores today. I think your line-up is spot on: you might get an 11/11 today!!

Some stats from the Guardian re Swansea:

Best passing accuracy: Swansea second (85.49%), Arsenal fourth (84.88%)

Most passes: Swansea third (10537), Arsenal second (10759)

PL’s most accurate passer:…………. Leon Britton with 93.8%!

COYRRG!

7. Gooner In Exile says:

Frimponged!!

8. Gooner In Exile says:

Tip top Pre match Raddy I fear we are in for a nervy one today.

Like you I would give AA23 a run at Swanseas defence.

Let’s hope Rambo can start to add goals to his all round game as I think he will be much feared when he does.

Swansea will play football but they are not as gung-ho as Blackpool last season. I think Wenger described it as creative possession, they have good players with trickery and pace and a solid back four to build from.

Extra bodies and late runs/arrivals in box will be key to unlocking their defence but that will also leave us vulnerable. As you say Song needs to be on his game and CAN’T get a cheap early yellow.

9. goonermichael says:

The great bonnie Tyler? :) I think we should play Yennaris he looked good on Monday. Great pre match as usual.

10. naughty gooner lost in cornwall says:

Top stuff as per usual Raddy.
    GiE, What self control `pong has, not to have shouted, YESSSSSSSSSSS!

11. goonermichael says:

Frimpong had a great effort on goal too.

12. naughty gooner lost in cornwall says:

I shall now be lost in Newquay for awhile, It`s a hard life down here ! :)

13. goonermichael says:

There’s a rumour on twitter that Arteta is injured

14. thanks for the pre-match Raddy,
    i agree with Gm. i like the look of Yennaris..and AA23 needs a run of games rather than 20min to find his spark again..i dont like the idea of a nervy, cagey low scoring affair..this might sound naive but id like to see us go all out guns blazing, and as a one off i really wont mind if we let in 3 as long as we find the firepower and confidence to put 5 past them..
    as Total stated, i can see this being either a hard fought draw or a total annihalation-3-0, 4-0.. No doubt we all prefer the latter..

15. goonermichael says:

I’d rather the draw than lose 3-0 or 4-0 robbin

Today will see the return of the ‘old Arsh’. He’s been slowly getting closer and no-one can question his effort in recent performances.

As rURp says, he needs a run of starts and Gervinho’s absence has given him that opportunity. If he could cut out the silly flicks in midfield and concentrate on the jinking runs and getting the ball into the box, he will regain his old form.

17. GM,
    0-3, 0-4 sound better..damn dyslexia with numbers

18. fatgingergooner says:

I don’t care what the score is, I just pray we win!

Massive game, made even bigger with United next week.

Ps thanks for editing yday comment, it needed it!

Nice one, Raddy.

Once upon a time there was a Tavern…..

20. chas,
    thnx for that clip.. i love love LOVE that song

21. Gooner In Exile says:

Press reports suggest Villa have approached Dippers with a view to swapping Carroll for Bent.

Carroll suits McLeish’s style I guess more than Bent (ie a big lump to whack it into who tries to hold it up or bring others in to play).

I’m sure Dippers would prefer cash than a 27 year old, but if Villa want rid of Bent should we offer cold hard cash and Chamakh.

22. goonermichael says:

Can’t stand bonnie tyler. Not pleasant to look at either :)

23. cant stand squillacci..not pleasant to look at either

GM. Guess you don’t like Blonde’s. Not my favorite singer but she is Welsh and from Swansea and it is apposite to TH’s potential PL return.

So …. does TH start?

25. Jamie says:

Nice pre match Raddy. Agree the team totally.

You know it is worth pointing out that given the clubs he played for Squilaci ought to have been a half decent centre back. I actually think he can’t be bothered and is here for the final pay off of he career. I accept the odd bad player but he doesn’t even try. As I have remarked before.

Arshavin should be given a chance today, he is quality if not then the Ox, let’s leave TH12 until the last 20.
    I heard some scary stories about AA private life at the last home game, it might explain his weight gain and loss of focus.

Weight gain and loss of focus?

He’s not pregnant is he?

27. SharkeySure says:

Pregnant …lol.

As if a top class pre match wasn’t enough. !!

Back for kick off

Fine pre-match BR and very clever choice of song reference!

I fancy us to win comfortably today.

In every first half recently we should have had 3 or 4 goals. Today I think they’ll go in.

29. Gooner In Exile says:

Have anything to do with Wengers comments about him being a “big gambler”?

30. TotalArsenal says:

Jamie, Squilaci has no problem with attitude – I think you got that one wrong. He is just struggling with imposing himself in the PL and achieving some consistent form. I don’t rate him though, but that is not down to attitude.

31. fatgingergooner says:

Ray Wilkins talks utter shite!

Before game he said that Foy was right to send off Kompany for the tackle on Nani, then first Derry wipes out and injures Cabaye, then Nothroyd cleans out Santon, and Wilkins reckons its all part of the game and they should get up and get on with it!!!!

Make your mind up Ray!!!

Thank feck Ray is in Newcastle and not Swansea.
    Still, they’ve probably got someone equally as moronic for our game.

33. evonne says:

GM – why is Bonnie Tyler not pleasant to look at? You are a complete nutter :)

Rocky – I am with you on that one – comfortable win today, cannot see why not. Come on guys, it is only Swansea!! We beat Barca ffs

34. FGG,
    that tackle on cabaye was a sending off in my book..studs up, very similar to eduardo tackle maybe not as high.. and whoever that commentator is, heas a toatal D*#khead…cabaye is injured and he says foul, get up n get on with the game..insisting he is faking and time wasting..now logically why would anyone time waste at home agaginst QPR, at 0-0 early in the first half??? that guy must be taken off air..people are laughing at him here in oz….some people??

35. evonne says:

Robbin – did you see yellow card given to Torrez yesterday?? Yellow card for cheating, when he was genuinly fauled and instead that should have been a penalty!!

The refs get soooooo many decisions wrong, it is scandalous not to have video technology, why the hell not??

36. fatgingergooner says:

Rurp,

It’s Ray Wilkins. He just keeps repeating himself! Just said “Ben Arfa is a very talented boy” for the fourth time in the match!

The Derry tackle could easily have been a red in this day and age. When I play football it’s barely even a foul!

That’s the problem with bringing in video technology, the rules are too vague and leave too much to referee. It needs sorting

37. fatgingergooner says:

How olds that Mackie at QPR?

Seen him a couple of times this season and he looks half decent.

38. evonne,
    ive had many countless arguements over video technology..both for and against, and previously being so opposed to it for the fear of time wasting and great arguements in the pub/tavern afterwards…
    there was a game (maybe a final) against liverpool, when michael owen was playing, cant remember exactly the reason behind it (goal dis allowed or given wen it didnt cross the line) either way i cant remember, but that day tipped the scales for my arguement in bringing in video technology..my youngest brother who is a LFC supporter and i didnt speak to each other for 6months after that game..

39. im new to this site, so just curious if anyone has done a blog for video technology in the game..NOW THAT WOULD BE A DEBATE n A HALF.. = )

Robbin
    I think you’ve just volunteered to write a post, if I’m not much mistaken :)

You’re right though – it would be an interesting debate.

41. Hi all

Really looking forward to the game today, I think it’ll be close as others have said, Swansea are very tight at home but if we manage to convert a couple of our early chances we should be good for a win.

Who would like to volunteer for the match report ………. more nagging to follow :)

42. Rocky :lol: :lol: :lol: my thoughts exactly ……..

43. God bless the dude who invented the ‘MUTE’ button.. i cant hack that ray bloke!!

Hi robbinURpersie,

We accept your offer to write a post examining the pros and cons of video technology :P

45. Thierry on the bench – no surprise there

46. Here’s the team according to Gingers4Limpar

Gingers4Limpar Gingers for Limpar
    Chesney, Djourou, Mertesacker, Kos, Miquel, Song, Rambo, Benayoun, Theo, RVP, Arshavin

47. This is a nice article from Paul Wilson at the Guardian

48. You’re all watching the footy aren’t you?????? I’m listening to it on the radio – sounds like a really boring game so I couldn’t be arsed to go and watch it.

49. TERRY MANCINI BUTCHED WILLKINS says:

Fabulous write up young Raddy.

Should be a marvelous game with 22 young men who love to pass the ball. Now if young Aaron can start scoring goals Raddy, my word, what a talent he will be. I must say Raddy, i also like the look of that young guy Alex Chamberlain, my word, first class, tremondous, exceptional, splendid, young man that young man is young Raddy. First class.

50. Newcastle back up to 6th on the same points as us – our better goal difference keeps us in 5th :)

I can do the report Peaches

52. fatgingergooner says:

Wilkins’ commentary matched the game….shit!

1 shot on target for Newcastle and they had the better attack! Says it all.

Lets hope the Gunners can convert chances today. We can’t afford to be missing sitters. Little worried about Dyer v Miquel and Sinclair v Djourou. If you look at the wide players on show today, on current form I would rather have Swansea’s!

53. Now Rocky, I know you’ve been away but I probably need you for another post in the week so let me see if I can turn the screw a bit tighter and get another volunteer ………. you can be my fall-back :D

54. fatgingergooner says:

TMBW,

Hilarious.

He’s broken his leg? It’s all part of the game. Get up and get on with it! His heads fallen off? It’s all part of the game. He should stop play acting and carry on!!

55. Mr Ginger – you do realise I’m holding onto one of your posts don’t you, until your prophecy is realised :)

56. JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
    Come on Arsenal let’s do this! 3 points please!

57. fatgingergooner says:

Had forgotten about that Peaches!

Hope it hasn’t jinxed us!!!! If we don’t win today then delete it!

Be thankful you had that game on the radio. Ray Wilkins made 3 points during that game and just repeated them for 90 minutes!

58. fatgingergooner says:

Hope Swansea and Norwich stay up. I like their style and managers. Not fussed about QPR though! Espescially now that Hughes is there.

Arteta must be crook (for Oz and Rurp)

Focus on Arshavin on Dansk TV. They rate him and cannot understand his form other than to suggest his rotation is affecting his confidence. Though Faxe Jonny Jensen reckons it is because AA is playing in the wrong position. All think AA should leave.

TMHT. As you so correctly say……

60. fatgingergooner says:

Redknapp: “even when Swansea lose the ball they carry on passing it around.”

Bloody hell, that is impressive! We could be in trouble here!!!

61. goonermichael says:

Twitter was right about Arteta. Good to see Miguel I like him.

As to the QPR thug. How can a fellow pro who has clearly badly injured a man tell him to “Eff off” as he is stretchered from the pitch?

Just for that the FA should ban him permanently.

Thereby removing Derry’s horrifically ugly visage from my luxury flatscreen,

63. Irishgunner says:

Afternoon all,

what’s up with Arteta?

And QPR will be relegated. They were doomed the moment Hughes signed his contract

COYRRG

66. goonermichael says:

I think he may be sick Irish. Not sure though

67. goonermichael says:

Good luck everyone :)

68. Irishgunner says:

Stunning RVP stunning so calm

69. goonermichael says:

Nice assist and goal,

70. evonne says:

He scores when he wants….

You have got to love that. Super move, super finish

72. goonermichael says:

Yennaris looks like Ghengis Khan

73. fatgingergooner says:

Arshavins back!

Great ball, even better finish!

74. Irishgunner says:

Thanks GM – just said he should be back for Mancs, seem to be a flu going around Arsenal these days.

RvP’s right foot and all.

GM :-)

Yessss
    Afternoon all

77. fatgingergooner says:

Hope Ramsey has started as he means to go on!

78. evonne says:

Where is Chas? Gone to the game probably
    Otherwise almost full house here :)

GM – twice today – I happen to look a lot like Bonnie Tyler and my son’s father is a Tartar. Watch it!

FGG. You put a bok on him

Refs are gonna cost us this season :(

81. goonermichael says:

I was just about to type ” I think we’ll concede today” :(

82. Irishgunner says:

Silly Silly by Ramsey, was never going to get the ball

83. fatgingergooner says:

Obviously not!

Song needs to get in this game. They are cutting through midfield like its not there

84. Irishgunner says:

SO NEAR O_O

Good game this

85. goonermichael says:

You’re a lot better looking than Bonnie Tyler evonne.

Need a lot more from Bennie and song

OK things are all square, let’s see if this team can retain its confidence, hold onto the ball and not panic at the back!

We’ve been lacking in midfield for the last few games. Song has been the main culprit, I hope his mind isn’t elsewhere.

89. fatgingergooner says:

Song and Yossi need to sort this shit out.

Henry winner!?

90. why is AA23 at right back defending…arrrrrghhh.. let go of the fear Arsenal

Swansea fans shouting “sheep shagger” at Ramsey :-D

92. evonne says:

Ginga – no!! We cannot rely on TH, he is only here on a short loan and we have to do without him.

93. fatgingergooner says:

This feels lacklustre. We need to get some urgency about us and fast.

94. goonermichael says:

We’re looking second rate, I’d rather have Yennaris on than JD.

Something is very very wrong. What the hell is Arsene doing wearing PE Shoes?

96. goonermichael says:

Arshavin has gone back to his usual dwelling on the ball self

Is Song playing?

The man needs athe hairdryer at half time.

Theo way too easy to play against.

99. goonermichael says:

We have a stronger bench than them I imagine

100. allezkev says:

I’m afraid Evonne, with the awful lack of goals from everyone, except RVP, that FGG is probably right on the button, sadly……

101. goonermichael says:

I’d bring on Park

102. fatgingergooner says:

Walcott looks like he’s gunna trip over whenever he has the ball at his feet!

Song needs to start running. Bet he hasn’t even got a sweat on yet.

103. fatgingergooner says:

We lack dynamism all over the park.

That is my word of the day to describe Arsenal.

104. goonermichael says:

Every now and then TW makes me think he’s ok. He’s not though. He’s average

105. goonermichael says:

Ginger
    Mine is crap

106. allezkev says:

Wonder if Wenger will try something radical, like Oxlade-Chamberlain on for the second half..?

107. goonermichael says:

walcott’s first touch is dreadful

I’ve been saying for some time that I think Song and Walcott will be the next two ‘big names’ to leave the club. I base this purely upon their attitude at times.

109. goonermichael says:

Apart from the goal at the beginning that was shit.

110. goonermichael says:

Rasp
    I hope you are right about Walcott. How can he be a regular? He’s an impact sub at best.

111. fatgingergooner says:

Theo off, Ox on.

At least Song perked up towards half time. Do they not realise what a massive game this is. I would love RVP to give em all the hair dryer at half time.

Theo is like a magnet with the ball, except it the ends that don’t attract!!! It just bounces off him. He should’ve scored in first minute but the ball flew off him.

What is worrying is that Swansea are playing us at our own game – and we are looking second best.

Cannot blame our attacking 3 or Ramsey. Kos and BFG playing well.

JD once again showing he is no FB. Miquel is learning but Swansea will attack him in the second half, especially given Bennayoun’s lacklustre first half.

We need much more from him, Song and Theo, but at least Theo is getting into decent positions before he screws up

113. Swansea had so much more possession than us :(

Make it count Arsenal when you’ve got the ball cos the swans are really good at taking it back :(

Theo off. Ox on. Song off, TH12 on and let’s go 4-4-2.
    ……RvP TH12
    AA Beny Ramsey Ox

It should be said Swansea are playing some very good football and well desrve to be even

116. goonermichael says:

Total non penalty when seen in slow motion.

117. Another unlucky decision against us …………………

Thank god it wasn’t me who slated walcott : there is no composure in the team, a lack of confidence all over the pitch. miquel is being exposed and it took Song 35 minutes to realise we were actually playing. Apart from the penalty we give silly free kicks away in dangerous areas.Arteata is a big miss today and to be quite frank we look like a mid table team ., rvp apart. even allowing for swansea’s good home record they aren’t that good and by our standards we just haven’t turned up.Surely it must get better in the second half.

119. playing within themselves again….after an early goal.. nobody runs into space anymore..our passes never end up a yard in front of our players so we’r always forced onto the back foot..theo needs a midfielder who can pick him out everytime, he just hasnt got it to do it on his own ( i also think hes been reading papers and fans reactions, coz if you put 23 on his back id swear it was arshavin, such is his lack of confidence).. and our midfield 3 dont seem to know their role in the team..wenger has got them multi-skilled, as in a jack of all trades but masters of none..excuse the rant but aaaAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I’ve kept sticking up for Theo, but I’m starting to run out of belief/hope.

I think Arsene would be sending out all the wrong messages by not making drastic changes. We have good effective players on the bench, so let’s use them.

122. goonermichael says:

Which other team would play him every game? (TW) He never seems to get dropped.

123. Gooner In Exile says:

Bloody ell Arteta is a huge miss.

Song needs to wake up Rambo should be playing closer to him and Yossi up the pitch a bit.

124. Robbin did miss a sitter..probably easier than his first goal, but such is his strike rate, we forgive him..had that been theo, gerv, chamakh or the arsh…CRUCIFIED

Its now up to the manager to do something about this. Get them motivated at half time and make decisive subs if it isn’t working

Jeepers, no takers for my brilliant 4-4-2 then?

127. Gooner In Exile says:

Another tough decision against us….when do they start going in our favour to even themselves up?

128. goonermichael says:

They may tire and we have a good bench so I’m still going for a win 2-4

129. Gooner In Exile says:

Fair play to Swansea they are playing well in their fortress.

130. fatgingergooner says:

Swansea have had a lot of the ball but most of it has been in their own half.

If the midfield 3 start playing as a unit instead of 3 individuals then we can hammer these.

Wake up fellas!

131. GiE @5.01pm,
    intelligent comment..theyre slicing through our midfield far too easily..if this keeps up our players will start going solo trying to win the match solo..without unity theyll run us ragged…

132. Irishgunner says:

faye_white Faye White
    Harsh peno decision but Swansea playing better passing game & deserve something in that half! Feel our mf out playd,chasing shadows 1st half

133. goonermichael says:

Arshavin what was that?

2 good chances spurned in the first 3 minutes. Hope it doens’y cost us

135. always mickey..4-4-2

rUp :-)

What the hell has the Ox got to do to have a shot at replacing Walcott?

Even pat rice and Wenger are sitting apart :)

139. goonermichael says:

absolute shit. How many times do we have to give the ball away? Useless and clueless.

Childish play. We had control of the ball and made a total hash of it.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid

These commentators are rubbish, that goal was entirely Arshavin’s fault not Ramsey’s. Wenger has to make subs now

142. goonermichael says:

Top 4? We are definitely having a laugh

143. allezkev says:

All i can hear on the radio is Swansea attacking ffs.

What an effin shambles….

Bennie is done. get him off immmediately

145. goonermichael says:

dickhead arshavin. Get him off please.

146. fatgingergooner says:

I said before the game I would take their wingers over ours and I’ve seen nothing to change my mind!

This is dreadful.

Should just have Koscielny on the pitch on his own cos he’s the only one trying.

147. goonermichael says:

I agree with evonne. Relying on Henry is not good enough (nor are arshavin, walcott and JD)

Bang on Rasp,

Song – get in the effing game!!

Come on you Reds.

149. fatgingergooner says:

Why is theo still on?

What’s the point of having pace of u can’t do anything with it.

Get Ox on now!

I got a lot of stick for warning that one more injury ould be crucial – we now know who tat man was – Arteta, he’s badly missed.

Wenger, get the Ox on, there’s nothing to lose, Walcottis not commited to defending

Song is very poor today

152. goonermichael says:

If walcott wants 85k a week let the chavs pay it

Why are the pundits slagging off Ramsey – at least he’s trying.

154. goonermichael says:

Right on cue to make me look stupid Theo. Keep it up.

Get in there.

156. i just started praying…..allehlua

FFS….. I do not believe it

158. fatgingergooner says:

Was gunna say we should all be ashamed, then that happens!

159. goonermichael says:

Oh fucking dear

160. i cant believe wot im seeing

161. goonermichael says:

It’s only the mancs next week

Brilliant picture of TH whemn BFG missed.

Super game.

If we don’t show some guts and get at least a draw from this game we can forget a CL spot.

164. allezkev says:

Good game for the neutral….. :?

165. Gooner In Exile says:

For the first time ever I may switch this off before the end.

We have not been at the races today, lucky to equalise and throw it away with more naivety.

We need full backs back and quick. We need Jack back.

And sorry we need to sign some quality now if we want CL football.

It is not true that our boys are not trying.

They are really fired up, and now is OxTime

167. fatgingergooner says:

Swans looking tired with 15 left.

Still a chance if we suddenly start playing

168. allezkev says:

4 2 4……..

169. evonne says:

I just hate Szczesny, i hate him, i hate him. I really do. It is too many times that he has done that

170. Gooner In Exile says:

They’re very trying Raddy….even for the most positive supporters!

171. goonermichael says:

This is painful

The best team are winning

173. fatgingergooner says:

Not happening.

Poor.

No chance of top 4 with THIS side.

174. evonne says:

chanel 5 next year

GIE. I know you are kidding (I hope).

When we lose through lack of effort I despair, when we lose through silly mistakes at least there is room for improvement

And Swansea have played very well in a very good game

177. we either sell theo or buy a consistent playmaker to pick him out..TIME IS UP

178. Brigham says:

We are not going to make the top four if we keep performing like that. Utter rubbish at times and we look tired.

Very very poor, the best team won, we now need to readjust our expectation – forget the injuries, there are no excuses

180. because of our status as a total football club, we make other teams look fantastic…im so cut

181. goonermichael says:

Last chance of an attack and DJ, walcott and song give the ball back. I am fucking livid. That wasn’t like the wolves game that was disgusting. I’ve really had enough. It’s happened so much I’m not even suprised. Something big has to happen.

The better team won and that is very worrying if you’re a team with top 4 asprirations.
    Disappearing now (not because I’m in a huff) and back later.

183. fatgingergooner says:

Piss poor.

Starters in that team,
    Szscesny
    Mertersacker
    Song
    Van Persie
    Walcott

That Meens we have 6 first teamers missing aswell as a hand full of replacements.

We need to get players back quickly. I hate to say it but injuries are ruining our season AGAIN.

It’s not an excuse, and it’s not just bad luck if it happens every season. Something needs to change because it’s getting ridiculous.

Well done Swansea, better team won

184. goonermichael says:

Top 4 aspiration is the very summit of our ambition Micky. I’m not confident at all. We’ll be watching the spuds and they’ll be taking the piss next season. I’m so glad I’m leaving the country.

185. Irishgunner says:

Got to say – Koscielny gave it a good shot of playing them on his own. Our one good player today.

186. goonermichael says:

Song was rubbish again what’s wrong with him? We’ve lost 7 times already and we still ahve to play the rest of the top 7 once more.

187. Gooner In Exile says:

The things that bugs me about that game is I need someone to tell me why we can’t work as hard to get the ball back as Swansea did?

Raddy I don’t think the team put in a performance today. Not for at least 45 minutes of that game did we seem to understand we had to work hard first., Too many nothing games from too many players yet again I feel sorry for the defence they are not being helped by decision making in front of them. And whilst it may be lack of proper full backs preventing our normal game I felt when Djourou and Miquel (especially) did join in the attack there was such a lack of options for them.

For me it wasn’t good enough today, I felt after the Fulham game I could excuse the leggy/jaded performance. Today I can’t.

When Swansea got the ball they looked positive and had plenty of options, for 60 minutes when our defence had possession we looked to play safe and didn’t trust a teammate to receive under pressure so we slowed down our play.

All I can say is well played Swansea.

It doesn’t feel any better watching from abroad GM, but at least there aren’t many Spuds in Canada.

What’s happened to the team that was playing so well in November?

Clearly I saw a different game to you guys!

We got beaten in a very exciting game. On another day we would have won. 2 of their goals came from Miquel’s position (though he had an OK game)

10 points behind 3rd is a worrying gap and perhaps we are not going to get CL football next season, but as many have said, we are a team in transition and a team lacking ….

Our Best Defender – TV
    Our Best MF – JW
    Arteta
    4 Full Backs.
    Gervinho

Yes, today hurt, but there are better days ahead

190. neamman says:

Im ussually a positive sort of guy but today we were terrible. What midfield did we have? Swansea were by far the better team. Sad sad performance.We only started to look good when Rosicky came on

191. goonermichael says:

If there weren’t better days ahead I’d consider suicide Raddy. We were rubbish though. We gave the ball away so much.

192. goonermichael says:

What’s the lowest position for Europa league?

193. Irishgunner says:

We gave the ball away and never pressed to get it back. Song looked like he was having a kick about in the park with his son. Near the end, RVP had the ball and was trying to beat 4 Swansea defenders and not one person came to give him an out ball, said it all.

GM. We did give the ball away too often, Suicide is a little drastic though

195. Irishgunner says:

GM – Depends who wins the Carling and FA Cup – don’t they give automatic Europa League spots?

Got to cook. Back later.

197. Brigham says:

Raddy, today we were not at the races one bit. We lacked any cohesion in midfield and failed to move the ball with any pace and were caught in posession over and over, especially Ramsey and Song.

I appreciate we have injuries, but we should be able to overcome that sort of thing, but we cannot and we will not with our current crop of ‘reserves’ Wenger needs to delve into the market and very soon or we are in danger of finishing out of the top four.

How many saves did their keeper have to make?

We were beaten by a good footballing team today, a team who worked hard for each other, who attacked with pace and who never let up the whole game. Remind you of anyone?

198. dansxyless says:

Arteta was a big miss today chaps.Song seems to have inpregnanted his maid and is worried the wife knows.

Despite scoring today Walcot should have been subbed in the second half.This is the weakness of Wenger always sticking to players who let him down remember Denilson?

199. goonermichael says:

OX looked good when he came on. I really would sell walcott and arshavin. I’d be intersted to see who’d buy walcott. Don’t think it would be any of the current top 4 and definitely not the 2 big spanish or italian teams. Aston Villa is his level I think

200. fatgingergooner says:

I’m with you on this BR.

We are missing so many players. It just feels like that is always the case though.every season we are riddled with injuries. I know every team has them, but It would be interesting to see how many collective games our first team players have missed compared to other PL sides in the last 5 years.

As for the game, I thought we tried really hard, but Swansea’s passing has to be congratulated. They never panicked and when we thought we had them hemmed in they would switch the ball to the other side, thus giving them lots of space.
    We tried to close down but they were too cute for us.

We didnt keep the ball well enough and we certainly didnt control the midfield. Arteta was a huge miss today. We badly need players back to lift the confidence.

This team has once again failed in a must-win game. There is no killer instinct on the pitch and it shows in these type of games. 1-0 up at Fulham, 1-0 at Swansea. When was the last time we hammered someone for 90 minutes?

201. goonermichael says:

man united Brigham? Be cause it’s not us

202. Brigham says:

GM, I meant the team we used to be, something which seems a very long and distant memory now.

203. goonermichael says:

If we don’t get CL I think I’d like a year out of Europe.

204. Well said Irish……………………

What gives???????????????????

I know we had players missing but Ox showed more intent (and talent) in his few minutes on the pitch than most of the others. Commendable performances from Robin, Kozzer, Miquel and Mert, Thierry put himself about too when he came on and maybe Rosicky should have started.

Really missed our proper full-back players today and Jack.

The Champions League is slipping away from us sadly :( :( :(

But I’ll never give up hope until it’s mathematically impossible.

205. goonermichael says:

A very distant memory Brigham. We have flshes of playing well and then we seem to implode. Even with the players available we should beat them. walcott is a first teamer but just not good enough. Song was terrible. JD isn’t good enough why not play Yennaris? He’s a full back. what was the point in buying Park? We are 10 points behind the spuds. Can’t see us catching them.

206. goonermichael says:

Detective82 @Detective82 2m
    Teams Arsenal have lost to in League this season: Fulham, Blackburn, Swansea, Man City, United, Liverpool, Spurs. It’s only January.

207. Brigham says:

@GM, indeed it is a very distant memory. Park was purchased for shirt sales in the Far East, that is becoming more and more obvious.

Still, at least the shareholders will have had another good day at the office eh?

208. goonermichael says:

If it was for shirts why waste a place on the bench? The shirts will sell anyway. So depressing. We are justifiably having the piss ripped out of us.

209. goonermichael says:

I’m off to play a computer game or watch cowboys and aliens again. Too depressed and I think I’ll end up upsetting someone.

210. Brigham says:

If he is on the bench it alludes to the fact that he ‘may actually come on’, but we all know it is about as likely as cheese being made from lard!

I am in a foul mood this evening and have been on the wagon the last week or so, but I may just be tempted to down a large glass of Whisky very soon to placate me.

211. i dont think ramsey is quite there yet..great lungs n fantastic box to box player..wot we miss more than anything is a creative player with precise passing that will penetrate oppositions backline…my god how many times cesc played theo and arshavin through..we miss jack..thats just a general statement, but today we were poor all over, and i mean all over..even rvp missed a sitter by his standards and the bfg has a brick wall in front of him every time he comes up to attack..this happens all to often wen teams around and close to us drop points…LETS PUT A TOTAL MEDIA BAN ON OUR PLAYERS..NO FRIGGIN TWITTER, NO FACEBOOK NO NOTHING… our goalkeeper said we played like children after the fulham game…dear oh dear..i dont care how good swansea played..they just got promoted, wot happens wen we come up against ac.milan…im gobsmacked

212. Irishgunner says:

Szczesny didn’t look comfortable today either – I know its been tough on him having a different back four each week, but don’t get beat at your near post.

213. tomstoned says:

ill bre spot on instead of all these excuses and unwillingness to accept the facts…we have been and still are steadily being built down,.business are far more important than winning and thats just a fact,and we the gooners cant do anything about it,wenger hasnt been a very good manager since 07….
    blaming players..!! why…who have bought them who trusts them and even more important who the f*ck trains them…
    wenger har for many years now overlooked big problems in Our Beloved Arsenal..my god..almunia..denilson..silvestre…senderos..mannone…it goes on and on..how many points have these players cost us during the years..

but to be honest..lets pay even more for tickets..lets sell our best players..and lets be proud and happy for the fact that we are making a buck for Our Beloved Owner The Hollywood looker and his henchman (?)azidis..yeah !!

The frustrating thing is that after our terrible start to the season we did the hard part of hauling ourselves back to the top four. As soon as we got there we seem to have imploded.

All team have injuries but in a nutshell we either haven’t got a good enough squad or the motivation is missing. I wonder what RVP is thinking. I said at the start of the season that chesney will be a great keeper but he had a poor game today, and not for the first time, so we should have brought in an experienced keeper.

if swansea can outpass us it says a lot and to be honest why can;t we hold on to a lead or put a game to bed.I still think mertesacker was not a good buy for our style of play and the midfield trio today certainly didn’t work.
    It has been on the cards for a while after our mini surge and now we have conceded as many away as, i think, any team.

216. Brigham says:

Irish, he did not get beat at his near post, but his positioning was awful mind.

217. Irishgunner says:

Oops sorry Brigham – he shot it across goal did he? I couldn’t bare to watch a second time :(

218. Rocky – if you’re still offering, the post tomorrow is yours. Obviously it doesn’t have to be a match report if you’d rather write something else ;)

I haven’t the heart to turn the screw on any of the others :(

Ok Peaches

220. Herb's Army says:

This is becoming embarrassing.
    We are celebrating our 125 year anniversary with the motto “Forward”, when in reality we have regressed.
    The core of the club is poisoned. We are becoming a bland, impotent
    franchise, scared of what challenging at the top will cost, and how it affects the profit.
    Big name players with no heart or desire to bust a gut for the club.
    No real leadership or competitive edge. All part of the self-substaining model that is replacing any real passion.
    An attitude filtering down from Ivan Gazidis that says ‘We don’t have to set the world alight to run a good profitable business.’
    It is disgusting that a club of our stature is out of the title-race half-way through January, and has been reduced their huge support to worrying whether or not we can finish in the top five.

221. We need to be drilled on holding on to the ball never mind a lead!!!!!

How can a team like ours that pride itself on possession and passing, have the ball nicked from our toes so many times??????

And why do we try to pass to a player with three/four opposition players around them??????

Why, when a player is in a tight situation doesn’t anyone else come to support them???????

Why has Theo not learnt that most defenders don’t have his pace and instead of letting them bully him off the ball why doesn’t he just push the ball past them and run onto it????????

222. Gooner In Exile says:

Rocky I was thinking that earlier.

Its like “we did the hard work and we are good again”. All the convincing of us that there was a new heart about the team is sadly ebbing away.

Szczesny’s movement actually stopped Kozzer doing what was right, he came then stopped and retreated and once you do that you’re in trouble a s a goalkeeper, it was worse because Kozzer sees Szczesny coming so slows to not get in the way of the clear out and then looks again to see Szczesny retreating.

But that was a small moment in the game in which for the main I think as a defence they played well when you look at the two goals we conceded before that neither were down to defenders, one a soft penalty and one bad football between AA23, Rambo and Theo, I know some will say why Theo well AA23 gives it to Rambo who wants to take one touch and pass but can’t because yet again the outlet isn’t there. He should of just hoofed it though.

Lets be honest it was always going to be tricky to get something from that game, we were the first team to score two past them in the PL all season at their place. Although once we were level just a little bit of composure and shutting up shop would have done.

223. Long wait until next Sunday …… look for tickets on the exchange now for the manu game …….

224. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches actually i wish we’d pass to someone who was marked a bit more often, you should trust your teammates, Swansea did today and it showed.

But lets be honest before we get ready to jump off the Archway:

Sagna
    Santos
    Vermaelen
    Arteta
    Wilshere
    Gervinho

All start that game ordinarily.

Then behind them we miss
    Gibbs
    Jenkinson
    Diaby
    Chamakh

I’m pretty sure most PL squads look stretched when they’re missing that many players.

225. Gooner In Exile says:

Good idea peaches :D

GIE,

but how many fags did you smoke through the match ;)

227. fatgingergooner says:

Herb,

That comment could be about 90% of football teams in the world.

Big name players with no passion collecting their wages.

Fans reduced to thinking that top 5/mid table/staying in the league is a success.

A board more happy with keeping the club self-sustainable than risking the future of the club for trophies.

You could be speaking about pretty much any club in the world, apart from the super rich (City, Chelsea) , or clubs who want to risk going bust for trophies (United, Barca, Madrid).

228. Brigham says:

@ Herb 6.52 – Bang on assessment in my book mate, bang on.

229. GiE – I’ve never played football and I’m pretty certain that the decision making has to be a very difficult part of it but if a player has 4 opposition players on him he’s taking them out of the game momentarily and so others should be in better positions to receive a pass. No?

230. Herb's Army says:

FGG,
    no mate, it wouldn’t cost the earth to bring in the players we need. We’d rather sit back and watch everyone else strengthen, whist hoping for last-minute bargains. Our one remaining over-seas squad place has been given to Thierry Henry, 34, who last played for us in February 2007. Is that the policy of a forward-thinking, ambitious club?
    Cheers Brigham.

231. fatgingergooner says:

Herb,

If these players you talk about are so readilly available then we would be trying to sign them.

Wenger wants to win more than anyone, so if he thought he could just go into the market and pick up these players that are going to win us trophies, whilst doing what’s right for the club financially, then don’t you think he would do it?

232. tomstoned says:

wenger wants to win ??..oh my..are you for real ?????

233. tomstoned says:

im sorry fatgingergooner..i agree wenger wants to win.he just dont know how to do it anymore,and besides from that he isnt allowed to either….ask the hollywood hooker..oopps sorry looker.and the totally ignorant and moneygrabbin feck ()azidis…who have done nothing more that lie since he arrived from hell

234. fatgingergooner says:

Oh my to stoned, are you for real!?

Why not tell me about this hidden agenda that Arsene has where he wants the club to fail?

235. fatgingergooner says:

TS,

Do you not think that we are now on an uneven playing field these days?

We all have high expectations of Arsenal due the success that Arsene Wenger brought to the club. Unfortunately, some still believe we should be winning trophies like we did 10 years ago. But that was at a time when only United or Arsenal were decent and there wasn’t clubs with unlimited funds. You can’t realistically expect us to compete with City, Chelsea etc. even United are struggling to keep up with them and they are the biggest club in the world.

The only reason we have these high hopes is because of AW. Maybe we need to lower expectations a little and reassess what is classed as success. Maybe as a club we should build a solid financial structure and bide our time until rules come in to level the playing field, or these cash rich clubs fuck up and go under. Chasing after trophies at the current time is only going to put the club in jeapordy due to the financial muscle thats needed to compete.

236. gooner lost in cornwall says:

tomstoned,
    Your hurting like the rest of us, were all in a place we dont want to be, but do you think for one second that Arsene Wenger is not feeling the same hurt. That man has worked miracles for us and will in years to come, he loves this club and would not do anything detrimental to it. He`s just human like the rest of us and will make mistakes just like the rest of us, but where would we have been without him ?

237. Gooner In Exile says:

OK I’m out of here before i get really pissed off……Ive had a bad enough day, Arsenal haven’t cheered me up at all, and now comes the in-fighting.

Lets just agree to support the team and manager while they’re in the job.

Or go join BlackScarf and his crew marching to the ground each week…oh ok just that one week before we started pulling things round.

Its been a tough few weeks to be a Gooner, and I wasn’t happy at the performance today, but i’m certainly not putting the knife in, or going to blame it all on the manager or board.

Long and short of it the players on the pitch didn’t play well today, does that mean the club is rotten through? No it doesn’t, are ManUre rotten to the core because of their losses to Blackburn and Newcastle?

238. well farrkin put FGG..didnt take long for the anti-wenger brigade to come out of their cracks..WE’VE BEEN SPOILT!!

239. Herb's Army says:

FGG,
    of course Wenger wants to be a winner , but a combination of poor tactics, players not good enough to execute those tactics, and our poor transfer dealings, he doesn’t have it anymore. Sometimes the sun will shine, and we’ll play breath-taking football, but let’s be honest, days like today are coming along with alarming regularity.

240. Brigham says:

I was watching Sunday Supplement on Sky Sports this morning and the comment from John Cross (Daily Mirror) made me laugh. Someone quoted a piece in one of the Sunday papers which said something like “Wenger says the January transfer window should be done away with” – John Cross then said, “Does Arsene ever know it was open?”

FFG – Whilst all of us really have no idea of the inner workings of the club (pretty sure anyway), the fact that we continue to sell our best players and then replace them with very under par incumbents, who obviously cost less and expect less pay, shows that those at the top do not give two hoots about us, the fans.

We have been selling the best of what we have for a few seasons now and I fully expect RVP to be gone at the end of this one. I am one fan who is utterly fed up with that attitude and the fact Arsene was quoted as saying he is happy to finish top four every season tells its own story!

I have a feeling that Arsene’s hands are tied, I really do.

241. tomstoned says:

arsene uses Our Beloved Arsenal for his own experiment…much like he did with monaco mate…he is all about proving a point ….and well we all se how that turns out..from being a club that even if we havent always been top notch at least dared to say that we wanted to win…to being a club seing fourth,fifth in the premier as heaven,and being in Cl far more important than winning..to give away the FA cup, not to mention the shitty carling cup…to make profit , selling the best players and buying shit players..and not being able to sell off dross..no my friend…Our Club is being ripped off !!!!
    built down….
    bring in Usmanov…and get wenger to pack his bags…
    to me wenger seems more like a kindergarten uncle than a professional manager…he has lost it many years ago…
    and i sincerly wish you luck up there in wengers lala land fatgingergooner..

and just to be precise..admitting that a fourth spot in the premier is an achievement are the most ridicilous thing i have ever heard,but i believe you are more than satisfied with that goal…you my friend are a perfect Wenger fan and sad to say a perfect gooner too these days when being the best is clearly not a target anymore..
    must be nice to accepting that all is well fatgingergooner you are one lucky dude!

242. No need for in-fighting chaps, we all have different opinions. It’s hard for us, we have high expectations and can’t really understand why it goes horribly wrong ……….

243. TotalArsenal says:

Tombestone @7.40: get some light-therapy mate. You little play on words on the owner of our club and the management sound so childish. You have not got a clue what you are talking about.

244. thank you TOTAL, CHILDISH!!!

245. tomstoned says:

RobbinurPersie..

this has been my opinion since 07 and i dont just pop up everytime we lose…this is an honest opinion…so please respect that ,just as much as i do respect your point of view…i do love Our beloved Arsenal just as much as you…but i NEVER put a man over Our Beloved Arsenal..the club is always more important than any person(yes even wenger;)…and i must admit that if i had been allowed i would be happy to kick the hollywood looker and (?)azidis all the way back west….

246. fatgingergooner says:

Brigham,

You might be right, maybe his hands are tied. But if that is the case, Herb, then a new manager would be working under the same rules. I couldn’t see any other manager, spending the same as what we do now, doing anywhere near aswell as Wenger, season after season.

247. tomstoned says:

Total Arse..

im not sure who should get some therapy mate…childish ? and i be well adviced than to accept your opinion as the right way..im clueless and you do sound like an expert TotalArse..

best regards tombestone ?

do forgive my spelling mate..bit im only learning from the best..!!

248. Brigham says:

I agree with that FFG. My main gripe is that we have been light on the full back situation for the last couple of months and yet nothing has been carried out to rectify it. I am fully aware that it would be pretty churlish to go out and buy as I expect the current injured FB’s will be back at some stage. The trouble is, will they be back in time or will it all have gone totally pearshaped by then?

But, a big but, we saw today that we were caught in the channels today by the pace of Dyer. I dread to think what Lennon and Bale will exact upon us next month if nothing is done to alleviate the problem. :-( Why not get in a loan player as cover, surely we can do that?

249. fatgingergooner says:

Tom, you clearly are stoned.

You say you deserve respect for your view but then feel the need to rubbish others’ view in a very childish manner. Piss poor.

As for what you say, I don’t see top 4 as being amazing, but I’m smart enough to understand that clubs with massive financial backers are going to finish above Arsenal everytime, and therefore adjust my expectations accordingly.

If I go into a race against Usain Bolt, I wouldn’t stand on the starting line expecting to win. That would be foolish.

At the moment, the playing field is uneven, and until that changes, the likes of Wenger, Mourinho or any other manager can do nothing about it.

250. TotalArsenal says:

The first half we played good football against a good team. We were unlucky not to be infront. The second half we were tactically outplayed and the failings of our formation became clear. Yes, our midfield did struggle today, but it was not by a lack of effort or skills from our players. Wenger was not able to change it round in the second half and we need to learn lessons from it fast. Playing 4-3-3 without the regular FB’s and a steady defensive base is not working for us at the moment. It was worrying to see we had no strong shape to the team and were unable to dominate the midfield.

Swansea played very, very well though and well done to them and the manager. Other than City away, this was the best team we played against all season – in terms of the quality of football and tactics.

251. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Peaches,
    IMO where it goes wrong is,
    1) Chelsea
    2) Man City
    Were not competeing on a level playing field . We will allways still hope that we can win trophy`s , but realistically 4th is allways going to be good achievement, be honest, does anyone really think we had/have a chance against all that money !.
    There`s only two ways we can get level , and i think we all know it.
    1) FFP works
    2) A Rich bastard, if Number 1 doesn`t work.

252. fatgingergooner says:

Brigham,

We have ridiculous injuries. To have them all in one position is just downright unlucky. A loan would be good, but there doesn’t appear a lot to choose from. Some were calling for Bridge, but he was awful for West Ham and has barely kicked a ball since. Abidal was mooted as an option I think. I don’t know what the answer is. I think we just need to try and stay in touch with the top 4 and hope our returning players lift us up the table. People seem to forget we have about 10 players injured, many of them starters. Only City could deal with that.

253. Gooner In Exile says:

Brigham simple question is who…who are we going to loan good enough to do the job at left or right back for two months.

If they’re good enough i doubt they are going to be loaned to us by their club as they will be playing week in week out. Otherwise its a stop gap, and the question will be will they be better than what we are doing at the moment.

Simple fact is I don’t think we are losing games at the back we are losing in the midfield and up front. That is about quality and spending money no doubt. But to see what value is in the market at the moment look at Fergie bringing back Scholes rather than finding someone new to add to the mix.

FGG says we should lower expectations, maybe we should but I think that team was good enough to play better today, a fear is engulfing some players again, and lots of internal rousing and bashing needs to occur to get this team lifted.

254. Herb's Army says:

GliC,

Tottenham are challenging with far less resources than we have.

255. tomstoned says:

Fatgingergooner ..if you go get into a race with Bolt mate..i could understand that winning was not an object…do you reckon that Arsenal are in the same position as you ?..
    if you do well then i catch your drift..
    and im sorry that we differ in opinion..lets see how things turn out right ? and lets not judge wenger until may…as we always do !
    still believing wenger is messiah…it just dont sit with me mate..
    and believing (read this TotalArsenal)kroenke ;…is doing anything else at Our Club than making money….and as much money as he can..well then you need a reality check..
    since 07…the hollywood lookers arrival…we have been build down..there’s no hiding from that fact..and wanting to win ? well you dont usually sell your best players and buy players like..well no need to go there we all know who…
    the next trick up kroenke’s sleeve is to sell Persie in the summer and like rumours tells us ..hike up the tickets…once more..
    i believe we’re heading in the wrong direction..then agqain i have said that since 07..
    this is my opinion..im NOT saying im right..and i do not pretend to be some sort of God..like well..

256. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches no tickets on the exchange yet :(

I didn’t explain myself very well earlier, the reason players seem to have 4 round them is because we don’t play the pass early enough, we don’t play it because there is one player marking, by the time we decide its the right pass it there are 4 players on the receiver. There unfortunately isn’t the man free because we are for some reason starting to play too far apart again. Walcott and Arshavin needed to work a lot harder today, what Gervinho and Arteta both do well is get closer to teammates to receive the ball and move it on, today only really Rambo was showing as an option for most of the game.

Thought Song was very poor today. I also don’t think RvP, AA23, Walcott offered much although all three were involved in goals.

Also there were a few poor decisions late on when shots were taken rather than passes found, TR7 volley could have been helped back across as could a couple of other opportunities I can’t remember who was involved right now.

257. allezkev says:

The thing about the Swansea penalty, which annoyed me, was that we’ve had something like three occassions in recent games, where Arsenal players have gone down in very similar circumstances, and we’ve got bugger all.

But am i suprised?

Not really….

258. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Even saying what i just said, I honestly believe we are 3 or 4 players just short of being contenders, but they have to be top quality, so Arsene needs to spend, but can he ?. None of us really know what goes on behind the scenes, we only get fed what they want us to know, but I do have a feeling, like some of you, that Arsene has one hand tied behind his back, and like fgg says, what other Manager is going to do any better than Arsene, under the same constraints, none imo.

259. Brigham says:

GIE, point taken and I have no idea who we could get in as I do not profess to be a football manager, but I am sure Arsene and his scouts could have found someone suitable, albeit for a few months. I still stand by my point that with our current FB’s we will ripped a new one by the Spuds next month as their game is all about pace and using the width of the pitch.

The trouble today was that our midfield did not function at all and looked all at sea. Ramsey seemed to suffer from playing in Wales and in particular at Swansea, the home of his ex clubs rivals.

All said and done, as others have said, Swansea were good today, they upped their game and they passed the ball effectively. I hope some of our players have a good look at their performance today and come out next Sunday all fired up.

260. TotalArsenal says:

Tomstoned, you just cannot be helped, it seems. FGG is intelligently trying to explain to you the subtleties that surround our club, on and off the pitch, and you just stick to your generalisations about people you have never met and whose dealings you have never witnessed.

Wenger was forced to rebuild his team this season with the departure of Fabregas and the longterm injury to Wilshere. He made progress and at the moment we are faltering again. This is very disappointing to all of us. The easiest thing now is to go shouting about all the things that need changing. I want Wenger to complete the transition this year, and hopefully come out of it with something to show for. I will only allow myself to judge his performance, and that of the board, at the end of the season. I think our most successful manager ever deserves that respect.

261. Gooner In Exile says:

Tom did we move stadium….yes….do we have to pay the debt….yes. Thats why we sold down nothing to do with the Board wanting to make money.

Will Kroenke make money, yes, do you think he will take it from dividends? He can’t unless he wants to pay Usmanov too…Management Fee… the board has to agree.

Or will he take it from his ticketing company now involved in Arsenal ticketing and from increasing the value. Will he increase the value by the club going down the shithole? No…whats is his best chance of making money? By selling on for a profit…..so please stop talking about stuff going on from Kroenke with garbage you’ve heard on other blogs who don’t know their arses from their elbows when it comes to corporate machinations as if its gospel.

262. fatgingergooner says:

If you look purely at the Arsenal players and the quality of football that we play at the moment, then there is definately an argument to be made that we have gone downhill on both players and football in the last few years. I think that’s fair to say.

But, you have to look at the reasons why.

Firstly, new ground. We have moved stadium, which has restricted our transfer activity, thus lowering the quality of player and football.

Secondly, money, other clubs have become cash rich which has meant the best players are going elsewhere rather than being at Arsenal. Again, lowering player and football quality.

Thirdly, other teams. The PL and Europe is now much harder to win due to more competition, which has resulted in a gradual loss of confidence, and also players choosing other clubs over Arsenal. Thus, resulting in loss of quality.

These factors have to be taken into account when looking at changing manager. It’s not Arsenes fault that the club moved stadium and that other teams have been taken over and become stronger. I’m not saying he’s blameless. Transfers and tactics can always be imroved, but these factors would have been the same for any manager at the club.

263. Gooner In Exile says:

seriously off now

264. tomstoned says:

Brigham..i still believe selling eboue was a big mistake..kinda like when we offloaded gilberto…some departures hits home when situations gets bad..
    eboue wanted to stay and should have been given a new contract…he was a great team player..
    then again he could have been injured too

265. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Hi Herb,
    I think ,you always get a “once in a blue moon ” team come along and do well, even without City`s zillions and it just so happens to be them bastards down the road, they may be good for a few years, but without a new stadium or zillionaire owners and sooner or later having to sell their good players, they will eventually fizzle out and go back to where their used to being!

266. tomstoned says:

TotalArsenal..

rebuilding..well its fair to say that wenger did make a true mess of that…the way he did business left us for cold for a good month…i would go so far as to call it a disaster…
    and im still happy for the fact that you are such an expert.

267. tomstoned says:

Fatgingergooner..

well i was told when we moved from highbury,the reason was to be ABLE to invest more money in Our team, and to be able to compete at the highest level..ok the same excuses where made for the highest ticket prices in the country too..still, what happened ?? where are the money ?..the one thing that is clear….its not invested in Our Team now thats for sure…

268. gooner lost in cornwall says:

F**k me, Thats 4 serious comments I`ve made, hold on check pulse and tempreture, the little devil in my head is saying, say something silly or naughty, where`s terry ? help !

269. TotalArsenal says:

Tomstoned, anything that can make you happy is a bonus, surely?

270. Herb's Army says:

We were told that the move to The Emirates was imperitive to compete at the top-level, with the Barcelona’s and Man Utd’s of this world. We even accepted that money would be tight for a few years.
    But we are one of the wealthiest football clubs in the world, and 26 told me the stadium debt was cleared in May 2010.
    We have a very flat, ordinary squad when you correlate that with being the most expensive club to watch in world football, and having the highest paid manager in the Premier League.
    How many times will the same tired excuses be used? For Fulham see Wolves, for Wolves see Swansea, and on it goes. We were ordinary in the narrow wins against QPR and Leeds.
    Whatever reason you want to use, for a club of our stature, it is no-where near good enough. We have no heart or spine.

271. tomstoned says:

always TotalArsenal..but i have to admit that wenger’s summer *action*did very little to please…it was a little like my ex told me, too little and to damned late ;
    i have no probs that we differ in opinion, however..there should be room for all views..

272. fatgingergooner says:

TS,

That’s true, but the top level, at that time, didn’t involve billionaires buying anyone and everyone!

I, like you, am still waiting for us to spend big, as promised. But as far as I’m aware we are still paying off the stadium. Also, with the likes of City pushing up prices and being able to outbid everyone, is now a good time to spend shed loads of cash? Afterall, if we buy 2, City would buy 3, so we there’s still no guarantee of success. Also, of there are players out there worth buying, then the likes of City, Barca etc are likely to be sniffing around, and the money from the stadium isn’t enough to compete.

We went to the top of the financial league when we moved, only to find other clubs had created a super league. Bad timing I suppose!

273. goonermichael says:

The team is shit, The management is shit and unfortunately some of the fans are not much better. The club don’t care about you? grow up! Why the fuck should they. It is a business what else do you think it is a fucking social club? Stop watching, start protesting and stop spending money on them if you don’t like it. Don’t come on here like you know everything then cry cos they don’t give a shit. You think usmanov will give a shit? Naive or what?

274. TotalArsenal says:

Tomstoned, it is a roller-coaster year and we are all a bit concerned that the new Arsenal team will not work out this year. I draw hope from our performances agains Dortmund, Marseille, Chelsea, Man City (despite the loss), etc that things will turn out right. I have no worries about the future for Arsenal, but this is a tricky year, no doubt about that.

I agree with you there should be room for all views, and we should also be prepared to be challenged about them.

275. goonermichael says:

Not just on LG but all over the web there are people calling our players koshiteny and chamug and they wonder why there is no loyalty. If I was Kozzer I’d read a few of those then be off to the highest bidder. Why should they be loyal?

276. goonermichael says:

I’d do exactly what nasri did then post on a few blogs myself.

277. tomstoned says:

Fatgingergooner..

from what i understand the stadium debt shoud be more or less paid off by now,much like fellow Gooner Herb’s Army stated..

but to be honest there is a far cry from buying decent players to buy players like Park Squillacci etc.. ; and a whole bunch of youngsters giving them totally unacceptable wages…

and if you believe wenger still is such a great manager well he should be able to do better….

ill give you some hard business facts about Arsenal…youngster where/is looked at as commodities…and the plan was/is to nurture them and sell the ones that wasnt/isnt going to be top notch for a fair amount…this business model has failed…

the wage structure from what i understand is not very good…

278. fatgingergooner says:

GM

Subtle! Lol

279. goonermichael says:

How has it failed?
    It’s making money. The club is making money. That’s what business plans do.

280. fatgingergooner says:

TS,

As a business model, Arsenal certainly haven’t failed. Where they are failing, according to many fans, is on the field.

281. tomstoned says:

goonermichael..

who’s club do you reckon it is then ? yours ? kroenke’s ? wengers ?

you of all should be both pleased and happy for the fact that there isnt more protesting going on….the ONLY reason for that is wenger and the respect Gooners all over feel towards him..like myself…that does not mean that i think he has been doing a very good job lately..

finally if your happy with the way things are..good for you..dont attack other Gooners who think differently..and wants some changes..

282. goonermichael says:

It’s not according to many fans ginger it’s according to the league table.

283. goonermichael says:

Tom
    It’s kronke and usmanovs club. They own it. It is an entity that can be bought and sold. It doesn’t belong to me or you (unlesss you have shares) I shop at tescos but I don’t pretend to own it.

Go back and read what I said if you think I am happy.

284. tomstoned says:

and goonermichael..

it should be both allowed and respected to demand that some players put in more effort….to call them names well that is just silly..

but silvestre wasnt a great player..actually piss poor just like Squllacci…..or denilson..and many more…almunia wasnt that great either…imo..not worthy of being an Arsenal player..still i didnt boo him…

285. tomstoned says:

well off..
    tomorrow we’ll look forward to the next game (and hopefully some changes;)
    have a superb evening all Gooners…

286. Gooner In Exile says:

And if you really want to see the depths of doomership and unsupported that will have players leaving in their droves read this.

All from one twitterer called @ArsenalWinner and he has a picture of Henry as his profile pic sub low life is all I can say:

1) GGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE TO SAY IM IN A RAGE IS AN UNDER-STATEMENT I HOPE AARON RAMSEY BREAKS HIS LEG AND DIES

2) IM GOING TO KILL YOU AARON RAMSEY DO YOU FUCKING HEAR ME I AM GOING TO KILL YOU ONE OF THESE DAYS IVE NEVER WANTED SOMEBODY DEAD SO BADLY

3) I hope Aaron Ramsey has a major car accident on the way home.

4) @aaronjramsey Dont bother leaving your house this week your safety wont be guaranteed :-! :- youve been taking the fucking piss for too long

5) @aaronjramsey Shit mentality shit player no wonder Gary Speed hung himself. I have massive beef with you so lets sort this out……scared?

287. goonermichael says:

Tom
    I think walcott and arshavin are not much better than useless but I don’t call them disgusting name s like a lot of people. Go on twitter. at this moment there are people blaming ramsey for speed’s death and wanting him to die. Some of them are supposed to be gooners.

288. goonermichael says:

I’ve seen that GiE. These are some of the cunt fans we have. People talk about loyalty. very sad

289. allezkev says:

GiE;

Thanks for the twitter explanation yesterday.

Phew, that tweet was pretty sick…

Think i’ll stick to the blogs i currantly visit.

There’s a lot of rather disturbed people out there….

290. tomstoned says:

goonermichael
    agreed..and its shameful that socalled gooners behave like that..gets me mad and maybe even more sad..

c’mon gooner michael lets concentrate on ripping manure a new one eh ;…

and its no use waisting any time or anger at some foolish socalled fans..

laters…

291. fatgingergooner says:

That’s appalling.

I hope it gets reported and they get arrested.

It’s just as bad as any race comment made on Twitter.

Probably written by a 12 year old,.

I’m starting to think that having kids in this day and age isn’t worth it. I shudder to think what society will be like in 20 years.

292. goonermichael says:

If we get TV and Arteta back we may be ok next week tom. I have to go to visit a Vietnamese friend next Sunday and her fiance is a really annoying vietnamese manc fan.

293. tomstoned says:

darn the fiance must be north vietnamese then..being a citeh slicker and all ;) darn the world is small, im from Norway and rents out a house to a very nice vietnamese family ..from the south though and i have made sure they support The Arsenal..;its either that or eviction ;

294. goonermichael says:

Thierry Bergkamp @JamesGOONER88 6m ·
    I REALLY wish we had a manager with 1 trophy in 30 years, numerous relegations, running clubs into bankruptcy & £183,000 of unpaid taxes.

295. goonermichael says:

Does anyone else think guardiola is overrated?

296. goonermichael says:

Where are you in Norway tom?

297. fatgingergooner says:

GM

Surely with players like that Barca shouldn’t need a manager?

You would just let them get on with it. Sod tactics!

298. goonermichael says:

That’s what I think ginger. It helps when you have the best player in the world too.

299. goonermichael says:

They’ve lost a 2 goal lead by all accounts. I’d love madrid to win the spanish league. That’s saying something as I cant stand maureen and ladyboy. betis down to 10 men looks like barca will win this

300. goonermichael says:

mistake from the goalkeeper

301. fatgingergooner says:

GM

Just scored! Shouldve had a pen aswell.

Messi is on a different planet. He goes past people like they ain’t there. The speed at which he dribbles is astonishing. Makes you realise what we miss in our team! We got Walcott’s dribbling skills!!!

302. goonermichael says:

I’d love to see guardiola build a team with a budget (even a big one) Most of these players were there before he was manager

303. TotalArsenal says:

FGG, every society has 2-3% of nutters. The media focuses on what those nutters do and before you know we all start to believe the world is one big, bad place. It is all rubbish: the world you live in is fine and relatively very safe. So, go and marry your girlfriend and have as many children as you like :) :)

304. goonermichael says:

fabregas is off. I really dislike him

305. goonermichael says:

that was a soft penalty for the catalan cheats

306. TotalArsenal says:

GM, what is the score, you Barca-hater? :)

307. fatgingergooner says:

TA

Thanks for your blessing! Lol

GM

I don’t see him staying in management after Barca. There’s been a lot of talk in Spain about him quitting because of his family and the stress. Like you said, most of the team was already there and he has just had to buy the odd superstar every year. Pretty easy when everyone wants to play for your club!

308. Gooner In Exile says:

How many of us started supporting Arsenal because they were one of the “Greatest/Richest Clubs in the World”?

How many started because our Dad (family member) told us to?

How many just by some other coincidence or fancifulness?

I’m guessing with the years of support that occupies this blog not many of us are in the 1st group.

309. goonermichael says:

It was 4-2 when my wife started playing doctor mario on the wii TA

310. goonermichael says:

I started supporting Arsenal because I liked frank McClintocks bum.

311. TotalArsenal says:

Thanks GM. You have been told then?!

312. TERRY MANCINI BUTCHED WILLKINS says:

Well done Swansea, they played some excellent football.

So what have we learnt from today that we did not know already?, in my opinion nothing. The potential this current bunch has is absoloutly fantastic, Wilshere, Ramsey, and the Ox will be 3 of the best players in the world soon, and other teams will be smashed out of sight.

I admit we are not there yet, we have to many players not at there peak and to many past there peak, but this is the essence of transition. Knee jerk reactions acheive little, paitence acheives plenty.

I will take some upsetting results, and yes, even missing out on champions league for a bit, if it alows the club to build a team around our special young players who will go on to be part of the best team in the clubs history.

313. goonermichael says:

Terry
    You are so optimistic it does rub off. I thought JD, Walcott (apart from the obvious) and Song were very poor. If those three had had a good game we’d have won that even with our injuries. They let us down IMO. I don’t know what’s wrong with Song.

Good points GM.Dont worry about todays result, we have the potential to be the best soon, and these players will prove it.

315. goonermichael says:

Some of them but not all TERRY.

316. fatgingergooner says:

TMHT

Don’t forget Szscesny.

The spine will be Szscesny, Miquel, Coquelin, Wilshire, Ramsey and Ox. Just need some decent players around them and obviously we need to keep them at the club. With the likes of Ryo, Gervinho, Kozzer, Yennaris, Jenkinson, Frimpong, Song and Vermaelen in there aswell, we could have a quality team. Just need a few young strikers to come through like Afobe and Campbell.

317. goonermichael says:

Campbell looks good ginger. He scored a good goal at the weekend. I haven’t seen it though.

True GM, teams evolve all the time, and so will ours, but this currrent young crop is the best weve ever had. We wll be the best in a year or two.

I would definatly give Bonnie Tyler one GM, but i admit ime desperate hahaha.

319. goonermichael says:

ginger and desperate oh dear

So right Ging, great keeper, fantastic team in the making for us, no doubts what so ever

Nothing wrong with desperate GM, gives me a sinister edge hahaha.

322. fatgingergooner says:

He’s a full international already GM so must be half decent. Seen videos on YouTube and he looks exciting.

The thought of Ramsey Coquelin Wilshire as a midfield trio in a couple of years is pretty mouthwatering. Coquelin looks a real player. Reminds me of Flamini in his last season, but better! With these 3 firing passes to Gervinho, Ox, Ryo, Campbell, RvP (hopefully!) it looks good.

323. goonermichael says:

I think the test is to keep them together. Coq and Jack have signed long term contracts. Song’s is running down and I have a feeling he may be off.

I admire the few who have managed to put on a brave face, normally I like to associate myself with that group but today I can’t — all in all I feel shame. We just got out played by Swansea, a club that I will always think of as a second division outfit. Their wing men, Sinclair and Dyer moved better with the ball than our two, they were more coordinated as a team in their movement forward; they held the ball better than every single player in our team, perhaps we shaded the goalkeeper question but not by much.
    Not so long ago I tried to point out that Wilshere and Ramsey were not interchangeable — get it now? I understand why people hate Fabregas but boy do we miss him.

325. goonermichael says:

I agree LB. I still hate cesc though.

326. fatgingergooner says:

LB

They have lost once at home this season and that was to United. It was never an easy game. Unfortunately, we are not the same side as we have been in the past, and with 10 players injured and a lack of confidence, this drop in quality is multiplied.

It’s not great, but much better than it was in August. If we had a full team I think our momentum would still be rolling, but all these injuries and a couple of poor results have seen us go backwards in recent weeks. Hopefully, we can get through the next few games and get back on a roll with players returning.

327. goonermichael says:

I’m off to bed see you tomorrow.

328. Gooner In Exile says:

LB like you I found that a tough watch there are too many cogs in the wheel not biting. No single player was responsible in that game today or against Fulham. It was a collective malfunction.

The work rate that got us back up the table has gone and been replaced once again by a lethargy.

Only a few players came out of the game with credit for me Kosser, Rambo and Miquel. The latter because his performance shows maturity beyond his years….however he is a centre back not a left back and I think Vermaelen would have had trouble against Dyer today. I actually thought JD did well defensively today but offers very little going forward.

That said we had more shots on target than Swansea so yet again it is our shooting that lets us down.

As FGG says the number of injuries we are suffering from right now is crazy. That four are full backs and two are understudy full backs (Coq and TV) shows the depths we are digging too to field a back four. That we have nothing in the absence of Jack to add some bite and creativity to our midfield is worrying.

More than anything it is work rate. Rambo was covering every blade of grass today and did not give up. Too many others didn’t have a clue what to do at 2-1 down, and it was a Swansea defensive lapse that let us back in the game. To throw it straight away again is criminal.

Change of shape needed for Uniteds visit next week I feel, altho I doubt it will happen. Wenger needs to rediscover what made the early sides so good, pace on the counter and fast incisive passing. 4-4-2 and let Robin pair up with Theo up top. Give Arteta (if fit) and Rambo the central midfield and let Rosicky and Arsh be wingers.

329. dy says:

Arsenal has players whose shortcomings far outweigh their strength, thats the crux of the poor performance of this team, not just at this particular game but in the past games where we lost or draw, a win only masks the weakness which needs to be addressed. But this is not going to happen unless Arsene overhauls the team during Jan, which’s highly unlikely. So we as fans just have to understand the situation and don’t put much expectation on the shoulder of Ramsey, or Wilshere, or anyone else for that matter. Because they aren’t what we wish them to be, great world class footballers, reality is never kind to the dreamers.

330. Puri says:

Great Blog. I always enjoy yours. Everyone. For the preview of the upcoming Arsenal vs Manchester United game, do read my blog-

331. is tom still stoned???

DID WE LEARN ANYTHING FROM ac.MILANS 0-1 DEFEAT TO INTERNAZIONALE at home????? YES we did……….we learnt thAT ITALIAN FOOTBALL IS SO BORING!!! zzzzzZZZzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ’ z

Morning all,

Quite understandable with the reaction of disapointment of our performance yet again, a few knee jerk reactions but I maintain that being critical or upset doesn’t mean that one doesn’t support the club.
    Some blogs have gone way over the top and apparently there was some words exchanged with an away fan and henry after the game, not nice to hear.

I have only one main gripe that the squad as a whole is the weakest I can remember for years and even allowing for the self substantial model that the club is quite right in maintaining, surely there should have been a reasonable amount of money available in the Summer and that we are still carrying far too many players on reportedly high wages who are either on loan or haven’t been sold.

one win in 4 matches against Fulham and Swansea is just not good enough, and now next up is United.Something is wrong even allowing for our huge number of injuries and the amount of misplaced passes in recent weeks is again something we are not used to.Swansea beat us at our own game with more possession and retention of the ball .I said it last night and i repeat what is needed to motivate many of our players.as I feel a rocky time ahead.

Morning all,
    Well, its the same Micky here now as it was at 15:59pm yesterday afternoon. No great shocks or surprises for me. I have not changed my mind on anything all season. We are two quality players short. We cannot play this system without a specialist AM.
    There are two weeks of window left.
    Only complete idiots drink too much Benylin Extra Drowsey and expect to feel sharp on a monday morning.

Morning Kelsey,
    Yip,agree with all of that. Nasty pic you posted the other day :-)
    Its going to be a tough few days going over the same old chestnuts.

335. Gooner In Exile says:

Still no United tickets on exchange :(

Some are appearing for BBurn game. I’ll wait for Lower Tier North Bank to get posted before buying.

Anyway I don’t know why we are all worrying about finishing 4th it won’t matter when we win ChampionsLeague :)

336. Gooner In Exile says:

Kelsey I posted my question last night because it always seems to come down to blaming the board or the words “a club of our financial stature”. I’m sure like me you and many others couldn’t have cared a toss about any of that when we started supporting the club, but it is used by some as some kind of yard stick to judge our performances.

Long and short of it we were poor yesterday and Wenger is persisting with a system built round Cesc’s skills and creativity. Think we need to find a new system now more than ever, as for me the players aren’t suited to it (especially where we are now at the depth of the squad).

We had nothing unfortunately in the centre midfield, Arteta has revolutionised our midfield by being an experienced responsible head who helps the youngsters out. Song at 24 can still have a tendency to get lost and lose focus, he needs that experience around him. Yossi was not the man to bring that discipline.

Rambo ran for the whole game but our shape around him was all over the place.

But the biggest failing is our desire to win the ball back from a passing side. Same against Dortmund and of course Barca last year. They show how much you need to work to win back the ball but because they do it so high up the pitch they don’t have to work that hard…we leave RvP to chase on his own, occasionally Rambo joins in, but very rarely does anyone else.

Unlike others I am not so disturbed by our performance but more with the result. Losing to Swansea is painful and will surely have a damaging effect on the team.

We lost in a pulsating game which on another day we would have won. Football was the winner.

One can point out (as kelsey has) that the squad is weak – I happen to disagree. Who can anticipate losing all 4 full backs? Or losing JW for a whole season straight after the loss of Nasri and Cesc?

Should we panic and buy? And if so, who? And if AW does buy, are there any guarantees he will perform (just look at the man AW hunted for 6 months – Chamakh)

Good sport is about winning with good grace and losing with good grace.

GIE. Good points.

This is what I wrote in the pre-match …

“Midfield is where today’s game will be won, Song is a hugely important and should he regain his form we will have the platform to win.”

He didn’t —-

I think Yossi was our worst player. A poor performance from him.

Couldn’t agree more and those younger supporters who started to support our club, and I use the word losely, were privaliged to see a fantastic team leading to to the invinsible era, and to a degree were spoilt, don’t understand the direction is taking and just hurl abuse at any player who fits the bill.yesterday it was ramsey.

Yes,AW is persisting with a system without the level of players we had and this is most probably part or most of the problem.We both agree Arteta was a big miss yesterday,but that was only part of the problem.

BR,
    I doubt we will buy, and most probably this season will be written off hopefully lessons will be learned and AW might just be more positive in letting the deadwood go and the transition period may take a few more years.

341. Gooner In Exile says:

Allegedly we have now joined the race to sign Hazard……easy to write a headline like that after a defeat like that.

I’d question the term panic buy. I would assume Wenger has a number of players he would like and its whether he could force the board to spend the money. I think the same was true in August and eventually the defeat at Old Toilet led to them releasing the funds and doing the necessary deals, maybe the recent two defeats will do the same for January transfer window.

kelsey. Agree with both your comments.

The “Entitled”generation see anything but Barca style success as a personal insult. We are fortunate that the young people who blog on AA have another viewpoint.

Social networking for all it’s benefits gives rise to comments such as those highlighted by GIE. Let us hope the little shit is suitably punished and that AFC make an example of him/her. It shames all Gooners

GIE. You are right .I wasn’t thinking clearly :-)

Of course AW has targets,