Simply the Best. Your Favourite Goals?

“A good ball by Dixon finding Smith – onto Thomas charging through the midfield, Thomas – it’s up for grabs now. Thomas , right at the end. An unbelievable end to the season.”  My favourite goal of all time, probably every Arsenal fans favourite goal. There have been plenty  more beautiful (TH v MU 2000) but certainly none more dramatic. Those 15 odd seconds have been replayed in my mind thousands of times – times of stress, times of sorrow and times of hardship but when the muck hits the fan and I need a lift, a quick mental reference to Liverpool on the 26th May 1989, and for a few seconds all is well with the world.

Why bring that up here and now? Well, because we are in the midst of a veritable desert of football,…..and because GIE suggested I write about my favourite goals.

2nd. ” It’s all over I think. Some people are on the pitch, they think it’s all over – It is now.” Geoff Hurst 1966. I was in Switzerland at the time on a school holiday. I had attended the Quarter Finals and was in that wonderful stage of childhood when football is everything – before girls came along and ruined  changed everything. Our hotel was packed with German kids and I wish I could say we were magnanimous in our victory. Sadly, the worst of our jingoism came to the fore…….. Brilliant.  This was THE time to be English – The Beatles, The Stones, Carnaby Street, the Mini (both car and skirt!) WC Winners etc etc. A year later Sargeant Pepper was released which changed my life but nothing came near to the feeling of seeing that rocket shot fly past Tolkowski and seeing The Kaiser’s (Franz Beckenbauer) head drop.

3rd.  “Hutchison and now Bould. And it’s Tony Adams put though by Steve Bould. Would you believe it? That sums it all up”. TA Everton 1998. Perhaps my favourite day ever at Highbury. The weather was brilliant, we had a fantastic team, we had won the title, I hadn’t spent too long in the Gunners Pub, I was with all my Arsenal mates – friends with whom I had travelled all over Europe and shared pints, train journeys, thousands of motorway miles,  and all the highs and lows of following OUR team. And Tony was not just Our Leader, he was Mr Arsenal; to see him finish the season like that brought me to tears –  and I am not exaggerating.

This signed picture stands on my desk as I write

4th. “There’s Pires. He’s picked out Bergkamp, It’s Bergkamp with a chance and he’s taken it. Brilliant goal.”  DB10 Newcastle 2002. I could have picked any of DB goals – he scored so many great ones . The hatrick at Leicester  in ’97  was awesome, probably the best I have ever seen, but this goal was something spectacular. The vision, the strength to hold off some Orc, the composure of the turn and the finish, all the mark of a genius of a footballer. I recall when we signed Dennis – I was in shock. At the time we had gone through some of the worst football ever seen at Highbury – winning teams but simply dire football (apart from the best defence ever seen). Suddenly DB arrives and heralds a New Dawn. Mr Wenger came soon after and together they created something very special. Thank you Dennis.

I could go on and on. Thierry scored so many fabulous goals but 3 stand out – MU 2000 scored right in front of me at the Clock End, Spurs when he beat the whole team, and that marvel at the Bernabeu; Ray Kennedy at WHL  ’71, Charlie George at Wembley, Freddie at Cardiff, Wrighty’s lob and volley versus Everton in front of the North Bank, Smudger in Copenhagen,  Liam Brady at WHL, Kanu at the Bridge, Wiltord at OT, RvP v Barca ++++++.

Which are your favourites and why?

Written  by BigRaddy

119 Responses to Simply the Best. Your Favourite Goals?

What a superb interlull post, thanks for an enjoyable read BR.

2. Jamie says:

Loving it Raddy.

Top five
    Charlie Nicholas, League Cup Final 87 Arsenal 2-1 Liverpool
    Fist memory of glory.

Micheal Thomas Anfield 89
    Liverpool 0-2 Arsenal
    My dad jumped and broke the lampshade in our living room.

Thierry Henry – 2004
    Arsenal 4-2 Liverpool
    Ran half the length of the pitch for the best of his hat trick. Saw him fake a fitness test with Gary Lewin pre-match. Should never have played.

Arsenal 1-0 Parma
    Alan Smiths fantastic volley.

Inter 1-5 Arsenal 1993
    Henry again, The fourth goal I thinkhe sprint from half way, let Zanetti cath him and the skins him again and thumps it left footed.
    Got seriously drunk in Milan and an Irish bar.

3. Gooneraside says:

I can’t do that video thing, but you’ve all seen Charley lying on his back after scoring the first double winner. And after having to put up with years of Sp*rs bragging about their double, that just had to be my favourite. Of course, now we can say “You’ve only won one?”

4. Taiwo says:

Kanu against chelsea is the best

There are of course so many goals to remember I love everyone mentioned above but there is one that is slightly different because it is the only Arsenal goal that has ever made me cry.
    I was very young; I had suffered the ridicule of losing to Swindon by what seemed like every tosser who didn’t support Arsenal on the estate I lived.
    The next torturous experience in my Arsenal supporting life came when my Dad took me to the Wembley final against Leeds — we lost again, 1-0 I think it was Clark.
    Next up Arsenal-Liverpool, by this time I had it in my head that suffering was part of supporting Arsenal but far from putting me off it intensified my love.
    Steve fucking Highway did not start my day of well as I watched with my Dad, worry etched all over my his face, concern for me that I would have to suffer again and then it happened………………………….a scramble in the penalty area and some how the ball finds it’s way into the Liverpool net, George Graham peels away with his hand in the air…………the relief was tangible as tears rolled down my face, I tried to hide them but was unable, it feels embarrassing to cry as a boy but as a man, pah, that was a damn important goal.
    We all know what happened at the end………….Radford to George and he can hit em………………cue bedlam and conformation that I supported the greatest team in the world.
    The irony of the most important goal to me, of course, is that it wasn’t George Graham who scored, it was Eddie Kelly.

Raddy,

you have covered most of the high points and I suppose Thomas’s goal like so many of our matches was settled against all probability in the last few seconds.

Supporting Arsenal has and most probably will always be a roller coaster ride but I must give a mention to what was dubbed “the 5 minute final” with Sunderland scoring that dramatic last minute winner against United.

One game that stands out for me was during our 49 unbeaten run.

1-3 down to Middlesborough and then 4 goals in the second half to win 5-3, what resilance the boys had then.I would love to see footage of that game but can’t find it.

Raddy,
    This is great, memories are flooding back and they’re all good. Thank you.
    I am so glad you threw in the ’66 goal as it set me thinking beyond Arsenal. No surprise that for me The Anfield goal will always reign supreme in my Arsenal hall of fame, but if I twist your question from “favourite” goal to “memorable”, then I have a rather odd choice.
    I watched the Denis Law goal that put Utd down as an impressionable young boy. Until that point, I had only ever seen goals aligned to happy celebrations. It was the Law goal that made me really understand what football was really all about. From that point I understood clearly loyalty and duty. Denis was dutiful and professional to his employers, and loyal to his true love. Only recently he was interviewed on the eve of the City Utd game and said this in answer to a question about that goal:
    “I was inconsolable. I didn’t want it to happen. How long did the feeling last? How long ago was the game? Thirty-odd years. There is your answer”.

8. TotalArsenal says:

Hi BR, a proper football post and what a joy to read :)

My favourite goals are a mixture of pure beauty and importance:
    1. Van Basten’s winner against Germany in European Championship IN Germany 1988 (ultimate revenge – auf wiedersehn Deutschland)
    2. Bergkamp’s winner for Holland against Argentina 1998 Semi-Finals World Cup (heavenly – sheer, utter beauty)
    3. Wiltord’s winner at Old Trafford in 2002 (soooo important)
    4. Henry’s goal against Tottenham in 2002 at Highbury (the king of speed, strength and technique at his best)
    5. Dick Nanninga’s equaliser for Holland against Argentina in WC final 1978 (he was a late substitute and played for Roda JC, my local team)
    6. Arie Haan’s long-distance shot against Dino Zoff Italy in WC Argentina 1978 (as a boy I thought the ball travelled for half a minute before it went in)
    7. Arshavin’s winner against Barca last year (pure joy and beauty)
    8. Bergkamp’s goal against Newcastle (dancing with a ball)
    9. Van Basten’s ‘impossible’ goal against Russia in European Championship Final 1988 (Rinus Michels gesture of disbelief will always stay with me)
    10. Cesc Fabregas’ 2-0 against AC Milan – 2008 (?) (Arsenal reached the very top-level that day and announced itself to the rest of Europe.

9. Gooneraside beat me to it. I was behind the goal on that memorable day when Charlie passed the ball to John Radford on his left, the original Big Raddy charged up the wing and squared the ball for the long haired one to slam it into the net.

Perfect end to a perfect week which started with winning the title at the home of North London football mediocrity. I had just managed to get into the ground before the gates closed right behind me.

Ah! Those where the days!

I have just been watching Rasps’ goal clips over and over again and I have come to the conclusion that a Great Arsenal goal must include emotion which is why the Adams goal against Everton wins every time for me over a piece of sublime DB10 piece skill.
    It is the emotional connection between a player and fans that can elevate a particular goal into something epic. Charlie George standing on the North Bank as a child then scoring at Wembley to secure the double. That’s what dreams are made of.

Before I go, well done to TA and GiE for penning posts over Blog Death Weekend.
    How long until saturday?

12. Brilliant read BigRaddy.
    I started watching and playing football during the WC 2002. Rivaldo was my favorite. Then, the world cup ended and I craved for more. So, I started watching EPL on espn/star but the telecasts were not like they are today. For the first few months, I only caught 20 odd games and none of them were Arsenal’s. I used to like Liverpool and the Toons.
    Then, one fine day in November, I saw a tall, bald Frenchman run past some 7-8 pieces of shit (in whites) and score with his weaker foot. It was love at first site and I have been a Gooner since. THAT is my favorite goal.

Apart from THAT goal,
    – TH14’s against Madrid.
    – Fab’s in the San Siro.
    – Paddy’s goal at the Bridge. 2-1.
    – Reyes’ first at the Bridge.
    – Bobby’s curler at Anfield in the Invincible season.
    – Nasri’s against United after some 20+ passes.
    – RVP’s insane volley at the Valley.
    – Shava’s against Barca.
    – Bendtner’s header against the Scum.

13. Good post Radders, it allows me to bring up a goal with an emotional connection – Wiltords winner at old Toilet in 2002.

Not the most technically astute or elaborate goal(started by a bobble off of Silvestere I seem to recall) but to beat the ,ManUre at their place to win the title and double was an uforgetable night.

I was in a south east London pub chock full of London Reds as usual and the silence when Wiltord popped up to slot past Baldy Barthez was priceless.

14. Illybongani says:

good morning – a good choice Raddy, always nice to get the feelgood factor back. Not wishing to repeat any mentioned so far, although Mickey Thomas’ goal still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I see it, I’d pick a couple out; Nige Winterburn’s pile driver v Wimbledon. It was a nervous night at Highbury as Arsenal chased vital points in the title race pre-Anfield 89. Nige was no stranger to scoring goals but even his biggest fans could not predict what would happen when he cut inside from the left. Winterburn’s right foot was – by his own admission – not the best, but he tried his luck with it from 25 yards and lashed a venomous shot into the top corner to give Arsenal the lead. Nice.

Secondly, Anders Limpar v Liverpool, 1992
    Pele tried it and failed. Anders Limpar tried it and succeeded. Picking up possession on the halfway line, the nimble Swede looked around for support from his team-mates but found nothing on offer. Limpar looked up, spotted the keeper off his line and executed a powerful but perfectly-placed lob over his head and into the net in front of a stunned North Bank. David Beckham did it a few years later, but Anders did it first.

15. Illybongani says:

Rasp – I will have to wait until I get home to see the clips as my corporate access policy won’t allow me to see streaming media. Boooooo!!!

OK Illy, sorry you can’t access them ….. my chest is currently swollen with pride after watching that lot!

Watching Arshavin’s goals makes me think what a great player he is/was/could be again. Sublime volleys, shooting from outside the box, clever back heel flicks.Come om Andre we know you can do it again. :)

18. gunnern5 says:

BR; This brings back co many memories, I cannot decide which was my best memory as I’ve watched so many games and seen so many incredible goals.

But high on my list would be Nov 26, 1958, a cold foggy night at Highbury and 50+ thousand of us were there to see us play Juventus and the return of John Charles. In those days we didn’t get to see many Eurpoean clubs and Juventus were the reigning champions of Italy.

It was the day after my 21st birthday, so I’m unsure if it was me or the weather that was foggy?

After a few minutes John Charles scored and it looked like we would get stuffed but we came back and goals from Barnfield, Goulden and Bloomfield gave us a 3-1 win and all was right in the world.

It turned out that Jack Kelsey and Danny Clapham were both playing their second game of the DAY Both having played in the England vs Wales international that same afternoon. Imagine what our current players would say if they had to do that – they get tired just thinking about two games in a week.

Those were the days my friends – almost 53 years to the day.

Great stuff Raddy.

For me it has to be Chippy’s goal in 1978 against our friends down the road. I was standing right behind the goal and can see it now in all its magnificent glory. He picks the ball up with consumate ease, no one can touch him for hes the King, and with a skill bestowed only by Gods, looks up, and nonchantly guides the ball from the edge of the box into the top left hand corner.

20. gunnern5 says:

Rasp, Thanks for that, I used to have that programme, but unfortunately, like hundreds of others I threw it away.

I did however keep all of the 70/71 double year programmes, tattered as they are…………my favourite being Aug, 22nd 1970 vs Man U, where I managed to get the signatures of Georgie Best, Charlie George and John Sammels

Ahhh memories.

21. Double98 says:

for pure raw emotion i would include this thumping last minute header for us against the Mancs – the Emirates explodessss –

damn i miss that man….

22. I can’t play that video Double but surely you don’t mean Adebarndoor ?

23. Oh scratch that, the title of the video is showing up now.

24. goonermichael says:

I’ve been an armchair fan most of my life so my goal is the one Adebayor scored to beat the mancs. It was my only competitive away game and he scored in the goal close to us. I loved that. When Smith scored the winner at Anfield I spat pasta all over my new carpet. My wife (at the time) said “it’s only football” that one didn’t last obviously. It’s nice living this through all your memories though. The one at Anfield when theo run the length of the pitch was great and the 2nd against the barca pikeys last season was great too.

The Ox’s goals in training here are a bit special, I reckon people may be reminiscing about his spectacular goals in the future.

…. notice he is equally good with both feet …….

27. oz gunner says:

wow those goals by the ox are something else.

on pure emotion alone my favourite has to be adams against everton. it came from out of nowhere, and your typical defenders strike just put your foot through it as hard as you can. Loved the pires chip aswel

28. oz gunner says:

kanu believe it a hat trick!!!!

29. oz gunner says:

pure skill. i can’t help but think what could have been…poor bloke

30. oz gunner says:

god i miss seeing this legend in action

31. oz gunner says:

sorry this one not the interview

32. oz gunner says:

Another adams favourite! Can’t help but laugh at how arsene looks here. The Bendtner header just off the bench was another amazing goal in the circumstance, after the great penalty save by almunia

33. Double98 says:

kelsey – that recovery against boro was the work of an aging Bergkamp – he was outstanding that day

I am so pleased I wrote this post. You have brought back some fantastic memories

Rasp and others. Thanks for all the vids.

TA. The Dutch goals live long in the memory but the Van Basten wonder goal is such a stand out. The next day at work everyone talked about it, What a team that was …

Hi Raddy, thanks for creating the opportunity…
    MVB’s goal for you ……

The defining feature of many of the goals shown today has been the brilliance of the first touch, which in some cases not only controls the ball, but also beats a defender and tees the ball up perfectly for the shot.

Can anyone tell me of a player who has had a poor first touch up to say the age of 23 (??) who has then gone on to perfect the skill. It seems to me that the anticipation, spacial awareness and ball/eye co-ordination that it equires is a gift and at its highest level cannot be learnt.

37. gunnern5 says:

Rasp, That’s a sound comment, imagine how good someone like Bendtner would be if he had a great first touch.

He epitomizes your comment.

Hi GN5,

Its a complex equation to work out the percentages of the various attributes and influences that can combine to make a player great.

We all know the value of hard work. Hard work can get you Gary Neville, a seasoned, reliable international but without a grain of brilliance in his body.

I think it takes the gift of genetics, the hard work and determination of the player and the perception of the manager to nurture the talent to realise the potential- I give you TH14.

39. gunnern5 says:

Rasp, I coached juniors at both football and darts for some 20 odd years and you could always tell those kids that would excel – they were all gifted with natural talent.

Take my son as an example, he has amazing eye/hand co-ordination and can throw 180’s in darts with either hand, serves in tennis with either hand and shoots in basketball with either hand – but he has lousy eye/foot coordination and almost falls over trying to kick a ball.

It’s all in the genes you can’t train somebody to shoot 180’s or to gain eye/foot co-ordination – at least I couldn’t.

40. dandan says:

interesting post, BR Clever idea well done.

…………………………………………

To change the subject: for those who wonder what Kelsey is up to and how Rasp got his mansion here is a clue.

Mediterranean economics!
    Some years ago a small rural town in Spain twinned with a similar town in Greece.
    The Mayor of the Greek town visited the Spanish town.
    When he saw the palatial mansion belonging to the Spanish mayor he wondered how he could afford such a house.
    The Spaniard said, “You see that bridge over there? The EU gave us a grant to build a two-lane bridge, but by building a single lane bridge with traffic lights at either end this house could be built”.
    The following year the Spaniard visited the Greek town.

He was simply amazed at the Greek Mayor’s house, gold taps, marble floors, it was marvellous.
    When he asked how this could be afforded, the Greek said,
    “You see that bridge over there?”
    The Spaniard replied;
    “No”.

I agree GN5, that’s why it is such a shame when a player wastes his talent. There have been many in football over the years but not many that have been associated with Arsenal I’m pleased to say.

:lol: dandan, many a true word spoken in jest!

43. dandan says:

Rasp :-)

Haha, great post,
    Nutty’s right foot….

I could watch Arse goals all day long.
    I particularly like counter-attacking goals.

Hi chas,

That’s a very good point. I can’t think of many great goals that have been scored (in terms of execution) after a slow methodical build up. They are usually a result of quick incisive passing that has a fluidity and momentum to it that ‘just’ requires a moment of brilliance from the scorer to make the move complete.

dandan 5:30 So funny. So true :-)

I could happily spend the rest of the interlull going over and over todays clips.
    Have I changed my mind over my top three Arsenal goals. Yip, I have. The Wrighty goal has gone in at No2.
    I have: 1.Thomas 2.Wright 3. Adams

Strewth. No George, Henry or DB10 in my list.

Just worked out how I came about my list. I imagined the Desert Island Disc scenario, and I could take just three goals with me and that’s it forever. It makes me realise how personal the attachment of some goals is and that pure skill takes a back seat. For me.

Hi micky, obviously your goal was the best :P

To continue my earlier theme about great goals mostly coming at the end of swift fluid attacking movements, I have concluded that the scorer is empowered to try the outrageous when the build-up inspirational whereas a slow, cautious methodical build-up is likely to make a striker more circumspect.

Cometh the hour, cometh the man …… I think sums it up.

53. Has anyone got a post for tomorrow please?

Rasp. You say that but I love Wright’s goal , Route One followed by pure genius. IW8 was such a special player – greedy, an egoist, hardly a team player but my goodness he was the best finisher I have ever seen in the red and white.

Hi Raddy, I think Wright’s goal conforms with my theory. He gets on the end of a monstrous goal kick and keeps the momentum with a superb finish.

Rasp,
    Apart from it being so dramatic and so momentous, on a personal note, I was at my peak as a supporter :-)

I agree about IW, he had an insatiable appetite for scoring goals and that drove him to take chances and try the audacious.

58. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Great post Raddy,
    After watching all these great goals with beautiful football, It has made me realize what a load of F*%@ing shite England were the other night and If Arsenal were to grind out results like that every week I`d top myself ! :-@

:D micky, what’s all this nonsense about men being at their peak at 18 and women at 38? I hit the target much more frequently now and I’m nearly 40

Raddy,
    Wrighty was so infectous as a player. Every fan could identify with his enthusiasm. The kind of individual you could not wait to get to the ground and watch. Loved that bloke.

I didn’t know you played darts as well as cricket, Rasp

Christ Rasp,
    That roughly translates as my wife is at her peak and I’m thirty years past it :-(

I have changed my mind as well.

TA’s goal has to be my favourite because that season was so brilliant. Off pitch life had been very very difficult and Arsenal was my outlet. TA’s history (which had connections to my own) meant that he was special and the season was special.

The fact that Steve Bould passed it with a delicious little dinked pass made the goal even better.

One thing connecting all my choices are the commentaries. All brilliant . Wolstenholme and Moore were the best and no-one today gets near their eloquence and ability to enhance the game.

carry on Micky, there must be more to this :)

Do you happen to have a mac (raincoat)

I was just about to post ….”Blimey micky, do you play darts with your missus then?” and I see the quick witted kelsey got there before me :roll:

When you have bowls that are over 3lb each and coloured with speckles you are made ;)

Blimey Raddy. Were you sleeping with Caprice as well?
    Kelsey, I didn’t realise we had met!

Not so sure Micky, but I might have met your wife :)

Kelsey,
    She would like to see a copy of your latest bank statement and your most recent health report.

and she’s not hoping for a clean bill of health!

Micky, I died about twenty years ago and everything is/was in my wif’e name, or so it seems.

Does she like dog food, we have a great selection but really you are talking to the wrong man.dandan should be your target.

72. Fatgingergooner says:

RvP v Charlton
    RvP v Sunderland, free kick off the bar
    Bergkamp v Newcastle
    Adebayor v Man U, 1-0 win
    Henry v Liverpool, hat trick
    Henry v Man U, flick, volley, goal
    Henry v Man U, last minute winner
    Ljungberg v Chelsea, FA Cup final
    Parlour v Chelsea, FA Cup final
    Pires v Liverpool, far post curler, 2-1
    Reyes v Middlesboro
    Fabregas v Spurs
    Fabregas v Spurs 14 seconds later!
    Adebayor v Spurs
    Kanu v Chelsea, times 3
    Adams v Everton
    Sylvinho v Chelsea
    Henry v Blackburn
    Henry in a Nike ad from behind the goal!

73. Gooner in Exile says:

Come on fellas, the Super Swede vs Liverpool:

74. Gooner in Exile says:

And this one from Wrighty is up there

Oh just noticed Rasp did put the SuperSwede in amongst his clips :oops:

FGG Nice list & if you had to choose 3?

76. Gooner in Exile says:

But in reality my “seen live” list is as follows:

So is as follows:

Ian Wright v Everton as shown in one of the earlier clips
    Anders Limpar v Liverpool the 40 harder
    Andy Linnighan v Sheffield Wednesday The one and only time I have been at Wembley to see us lift the FA Cup

Steve Morrow v Sheffield Wednesday The one and only time I have been at Wembley to see us lift a League Cup

Paul Merson v Sheffield Wednesday The same League Cup final

I just got goosebumps re watching the Linnighan goal, I remember Adams bringing him to the Arsenal end lifting Linnighans hands up and parading him in front of fans who had derided him for most of the season.

77. Gooner in Exile says:

As for the Anfield goal, of course that’ll live long in the memory like Jamie’s Dad I smashed our living room lampshade jumping up in celebration. I was 13 so you can measure delight by height jumped!

We went on holiday the next day and i remember my Dad buying nearly every paper on the way down and the immense pride I felt supporting the now Champions of England and reading every papers talk of that game.

GIE. That is a lovel goal from IW, as is Limpar’s. I was there for both.

No Merse goals? Or Rocky’s goal at WHL in the semi-Final or his brilliant approach and finish at Highbury v Everton in the LC semi which we won 3-1?

Oh boy, am I struggling watching the England game with my son. After today on here, I’m aching to get out The Best of…CD!

On my poor broadband I think the number of posted vids has seized up the blog. So its over and out from me.

81. Gooner in Exile says:

BR There are so many a couple of Merse chips spring to mind, Sheff Wed when we won 7-0 and Wrighty was the only forward not to score. Also one when we drubbed Norwich springs to mind.

Basically too many to mention, but those posted are the emotional “I was there when…..” moments.

82. Fatgingergooner says:

Depends on the criteria BR.

For skill

RvP v Charlton
    Henry v United, volley
    Bergkamp v Newcastle

For sheer joy

Kanu v Chelsea
    Fabregas v Spurs, 2nd goal
    Henry v United, last minute winner

For importance

Overmars v United
    Vieira v Spurs
    Ljungberg v Chelsea

83. Fatgingergooner says:

Then u have the

Henry hat trick v Liverpool whilst sat with a scousers fan

Henry masterclass v Leeds whilst sat with a bunch of Leeds fans

Arshavin 4 v Liverpool when I was with the same Liverpool fan as before, after predicting in jest, pre match, that Arshavin would bag a hat trick!

84. SharkeySure says:

Got the gist of it but not read it …apologies Mr Radders…

I’ve only just caught up with this mornings stuff on yesterdays post. at 8.00am I give Chas aclue about a vid he needs to post. It took him four ****ing minutes….four whole minutes.

C’mon Chas what on earth were you doing for 3 of those 4mins…gazing dreamily at Nigella..??

Sharpen up mate !!

85. SharkeySure says:

Gutted that I’ve missed todays ‘debate’..but I will enjoy catching up tomorrow.

Night all

Sharkey,
    It was just fluke that I happened to check the blog just after you posted. I thought at the time that some might find it a bit weird that I posted so soon after you. I often have the blog open when I check my emails etc in the mornings, but you’re right Nigella was on my mind even at 8am!

I’ve just got back from seeing The Damned on their 35th anniversary tour. Effin brilliant.
    Micky and GM might appreciate how my ears are ringing. :)

87. The Damned?

Did you Goth up for the night?

Here you go folks

Our man in Costa Rica scored against Spain, I don’t think he is ready for the EPL yet, no, no I didn’t mean that, he scored in an international game he must be ready lol

The Damned are one of the original punk bands, it must have been safety pins and gobbing.

90. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15744468.stm

If Drogba to Milan has legs should we consider him as a proven Premier League goal scoring replacement should RvP suffer a moment on the medical table?

GIE. Won’t Drogba go to the African Cup in Jan? If so, we would get max 3 months out of him.

Great player but No.

Wow, yesterdays post was fun, thanks Raddy.

Need a post for tomorrow and Friday please.

Have a nice day all xx

93. No time for legs :(

94. Bloody ACN I always forget about that!

Nik scored another tap-in for Denmark. He has a goodInternational record … Games started 31. Goals scored 18.

If he continues in this vein, we will get a substantial fee for him come season’s end. Or perhaps he will move in the Jan window as he is not CL excluded.

Super goal from our Costa Rican.

Theo had a very good half. Looked England’s best attacker

96. evonne says:

Raddy – nice post, cheers. I read it today again, to make sure I didn’t miss anything :) Sad? a bit

Morning all, please click ‘Home’ for a …….

New post…….

from the keyboard of FatGingerGooner

98. Camberwell Gooner says:

Back for another very fleeting visit as I continue my schedule of all work. Fancy that, eh? Actually having to do what I’m paid for during business hours!

The ‘favourite goal ever’ debate could run and run, and the old staples are all there in the comments (for what it’s worth, my top 3 are probably TH14 vs the Sp*ds, DB10 vs the Barcodes and maybe Theo’s breakaway and pass to the Meerkat vs the Pool), but I thought special mention should go to an almost completely unsung goalscorer who didn’t score them much but when he did, some of them were real peaches.

Ladles and jellyspoons, I give you our very own Romford Pele, Mr Raymond Parlour! Just watch this – the best for me are goals 2 & 1 – and I defy you not to wet your pants with glee:

99. harry says:

Great post Raddy, shame I missed it and the chat about goals, wont say much else as no one will read it probably……..

You have a very sentimental selection, for me the best goal ever arsenal wise………

Bergkamp v Newcastle……..genius…..