Can’t Buy Me Love

Back in January 1964 the Beatles released a track called “can’t buy me love” which considering the money they have  made since then and the fame they have enjoyed,  probably wasn’t strictly true.  Certainly they have enjoyed a kind of loving, revered by millions of people in countless countries worldwide.

The same can be said  for a select few football clubs, whose names are for ever lodged in the hearts of lovers of the game, even those football fans too young or too far away to have seen them play, in those pre satellite days, knew of them by reputation.

So clubs like Real Madrid who dominated the emerging European cup for years, whilst  introducing the world to a new breed of footballer, led by the legendary pair, De Stefano and Puskas. Herbert Chapman perhaps the first of the great managers assembled the Highbury heroes who elevated our club to greatness.  The Manchester Utd of Busby babe’s fame, Cloughies Forest, Shankley’s Liverpool and even the Spurs in their push and run heyday. Our own invincible’s of recent times would be included as would Fergies Utd  and their dominance of the Premier league since its inception, along with today’s European club champions the exhilarating and exciting Barcelona, who include every fans dream player the superbly gifted Messi goal poacher extraordinaire in their ranks.

All have earned their place in history by style, grit, skill and pure entertainment to be read, remembered and talked about by football fans of all hues and nationalities with admiration and respect wherever our beautiful game is played and studied.

How sad then that on Sunday, whilst watching the Chelsea and City millionaires perform, I felt no admiration or respect, just a kind of pity that these magnificent players had succumbed to the power of the oil buck. The very fact that Fergies finest had been done for 6 by his so-called noisy neighbours, after themselves doing us for 8 a few weeks ago didn’t cheer me up. Nor seeing Chelsea’s arrogant superstars have their nose put out of joint, by a combination of questionable refereeing, a bunch of hastily gathered journeymen pros and a manager who is reputably about as welcome in football circles as a fart in a space suit. None of these facts raised even a smile.

Rather it produced a degree of real sadness, especially for those loyal City fans including my own son who have been waiting a lifetime to win the league and here they are excitedly watching their newly purchased heroes showing the ability to do just that. Whilst the rest of the football world looks on with a kind of studied contempt, that the glories that others have earned by patience, hard work  and natural progression, could well be short circuited, devalued and sullied by the excesses of individuals who possess the kind of wealth that many nations would give their eye teeth to have as their GDP.

How frightening therefore to realise that a significant number of our fans would gladly, see our own lurking Russian unceremoniously installed in a position of power in the boardroom at the Emirates. This, his reward for a promise to sign the cheques and superstars we supposedly need to compete, distributing his oily roubles across the football world. For the love of the club I wonder or with the sole purpose of basking in the reflected glory of the myriad trophies his supporters say we are guaranteed to win?

What these individuals who call for such change seem not to understand is, we like John, Paul, George and Ringo, don’t have to buy love,  because we with our tradition and style have already earned it.

Written by dandan

134 Responses to Can’t Buy Me Love

Bloody Hell that’s good dandan.
    Thank you. I have to say that I woke up feeling rather flacid this morning but now feel like an erect and proud Gunner. Brilliant.

2. Gooner in Exile says:

Fine read DanDan. Echoing my own sentiments, unfortunately many will say we are just upset by the likes of City and Chelsea taking our place at the top table.

Have to say that I have yet to meet a single Gunner who wants to go the Usmanov Oily Route, but then again I avoid their sort!

4. harry671 says:

Nice one DD, eloquently wrote with a steely undertone of your principles at the helm. I agree with much but harbour thoughts of how we could even up the financial doping through a more considered approach to our business. The only area we struggle with is matching wages, wenger has proved consistently that you don’t have to splash absolute millions, arguing he wants value at a fair price.
    So is there no way we can offset some of costs ? So we can compete with these inflated wages, to get so close then fall into the background would be gut wrenching.

5. Gooner in Exile says:

Very quiet today….

GiE,
    Chelsea taking our place at the top table, oh come off it. Tomorrow we bend them over and kick their arses to kingdom come. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

7. SharkeySure says:

DanDan. Brilliant.

My stomach turns at the thought of us getting into bed with Usmanov, and buying a trophy.

There’sa certain pride and joy that I feel watching £2.75m RVP in an Arsenal shirt – knowing that he could earn 2-3 times more money elsehwere, but he’s here at Arsenal….cos we love him and he loves us. Then I look at £50m Torres. Loved by Chelski fans..?? I think not

Fabregas going home to Barcelona and giving up money to do so, further underlines your point.

My final word – TEVEZ !!

Night ;-)

GiE,
    You around and the word “quiet” do not sit well together :-)

9. SharkeySure says:

God only knows why I didn’t set myself up to receive these posts in my inbox months ago !!!!

They arrive about 10.00am, which is about 90mins after I start work…and just when I’m starting to flag a bit !

10. SharkeySure says:

“but then again I avoid their sort”

Lol Mickey.

You do very well to do that. I hardly talk about Arsenal with anyone bar Wonderman and another mate. So I guess I’m lucky like you that I do not have endless debates with people about how spending will fix everything.

Like you I have no time for ‘their sort’

11. goonermichael says:

I agree about the money although I completely enjoyed the mancscum get a spanking by shitty. The mancs have bought the most expensive players for years and broken the transfer record lots of times. I also enjoyed the chavs losing. What a bunch of whingers they are. Totally classless manager too. If we can’t win the league I’m fine with shitty winning it.

12. goonermichael says:

barca are in bed with the qataris now so I’d rather not praise those diving wankers.

13. Matt says:

I guess you lot are so happy with the way things are because you dont fork out £1200 for your season ticket every year.

14. evonne says:

Dandan – magnifico! Superb post, almost brought tears to my eyes. I must confess that I am guilty of wanting the Uzbek taking over and us buying a few trophies. But you are right, whatever we have is more precious because it was earned not given.

15. evonne says:

GM – I enjoyed seeing red mancunian arses being kicked by shitty and chavs starring in disbelief :) Great. Have you dealt with the rats yet ? x

16. goonermichael says:

Micky
    Unfortunately there are thousands that want usmanov. There have been some on here.

17. goonermichael says:

Hi evonne. Nice to meet you the other day btw. Yes I think the rats are gone now and I’ve blocked thier way in.

Matt what does that have to do with anything?

18. harry says:

Matt, I spend a darn sight more than that on Arsenal, very cynical comment……..Without knowledge…….

19. evonne says:

GM – yeah, I enjoyed meeting you too :) Wasn’t it a perfect afternoon? Your Japanese friends were so lucky to be at that game, did they enjoy it?

20. goonermichael says:

They had a fantastic time evonne. Great weather and we won. I had nice seats too right above the stoke twats 2nd row. Easy to abuse them.

21. RedMJ says:

Superb post that gets to the nub of what being part of Arsenal means. – Tradition, hard work, genuine competitiveness and organic progress through sustainable business management. Long may it continue. The rewards will come – AGAIN!. The doom mongering, instant gratification glory hunters should be ashamed of themselves. That includes those that boo their own club.

Excellent, dandan.

Can’t buy me love, but can buy me trophies. Petrodoping is morally abhorrent.

We could really do with Na$ri upsetting the atmosphere in the Citeh dressing room. Cmon fatty, you can’t be happy playing Carling Cup.

23. pat says:

Best time for us to take on the Chelskis – Terry in trouble again, Drogba missing, no Eissien. Meanwhile Vermaelen on the comback, RVP scoring for fun and we are on the up. Arsenal also the team that has had the most wins at Stamford Bridge in the PL.

As for the boardroom side of things – at least we dont have owners like Blackburn or Newcastle…

Pat,
    Agree totally on the timing of going to the Bridge. We are on a wee role, and if anyone had asked me “would you take on Chavs without Jack in exchange for them playing without Drogba”, the answer would be “every time”. We have a settled confident team. I am experiencing a feeling and its a good one.

Super post DD and very well written.

Matt. I know this is BOF (boring old fart) stuff but I don’t go to Arsenal or support Arsenal because they are the most successful team – if that were the case I would be a Manc. No, I chose my tribe and have stuck with them through thick and thin and tens of thousands of pounds because I love my club and all they represent; honesty, tradition, respect and endeavour to achieve.

We all want the best for Arsenal and thankfully the BOD (at present) have prioritised independant financial security over the MC route. I believe they are right.

As DD says – money can’t buy you love though it may buy you a diamond ring my friend.

26. evonne says:

Chas :) he has a pot belly hasn’t he? And goofy teeth :)

Excellent post Dan.

In an ideal world Arsenal would be owned by us supporters. As long as the people who own the club do not extract dividends or lump some dodgy loan or financial instrument upon us to extract money, i personaly can tolorate their ownership. They can make there money when they sell there shares to someone else just like Dein, Fizman and Bracewell Smith did.

28. dandan says:

Thanks for all the kind comments guys very nice of you.

BR I have for about 25 years signed all birthday/christmas cards to my Daughter as “BOF” ever since, I overheard her tell her then boyfriend, I was a boring old fart because I had refused to let her go out as she had GCE exams the next day and needed an early night. Her own boys are of A level age now, doesnt time fly. :-)

Evonne,
    Heaven knows where they find all the buttock space when him and Kolo are sat on the bench!

Chas,
    “Cmon fatty, you can’t be happy playing Carling Cup.” So funny :-)

Matt,
    Your £1200 comment reminds me of something Loadsamoney would have said to you: “Is that all!”.

An excellent article from an extremely old, overweight and boring fart but we all know who really wears the trousers in your house :)

33. Wonderman says:

Micky I’ll say it for you , Matt is that all ?
    I pay a lot more than that, but what ive noticed over recent seasons is the increase in “consumers” they pay their money and demand a return and relate everything to money, statements like ” sixty grand a week and he can’t pass a ball!” are routinely heard, as was said above, I support my team win lose or draw !!!!!!!

34. evonne says:

Right, in view of today’s masterpiece from Dandan I approached a Shitty supporter, nice guy, intelligent and reasonable, hence the balanced opinion. I asked him if he enjoyed Sunday humiliation of United as much as he would have enjoyed it before the petro dollar reign.

He told me that because it was United, he enjoyed every 6 goals and prayed for more, no qualms about the source of money. However, he said that as a Shitty supporter he would love a manager like Wenger, who wouldn’t? So, happy as they are, they are still envious of our beloved Club :) We are still a shinning example to others, trophies or not

35. Rob Lucci says:

‘We are still a shinning example to others, trophies or not.’

top,top comment!

36. gunnern5 says:

Usmanov is either known as a criminal jailed 6 years for bribery and corruption, or as a patriotic philanthropist who has spent millions of pounds buying Russian art and donating it to Russian museums.

He made his biilions in precious metals, iron ore, steel, natural gas and media.

To reflect on our history as being pure is simply avoiding the obvious truth that the man who took us to Highbury was also a criminal who got banned from football for his illegal payments to players and other escapades.

It was illegally paid wages etc that moved us away from the rest of the league, so in many ways our achievements of the 30′s are tainted by illegality and not as pure as we would like to believe.
    Many of those players would not have been at Arsenal if it were not for their specail pay packets.

So my question is – why spurn Usmanov’s money?

Better the devil you know?

38. Matt says:

I suport Arsenal FC and have for many years but that doesn’t mean i have to agree with everything Wenger and the board say.

I want them to justify the prices they charge and want to know why we dont spend our transfer budget and am fed up with them telling us everything is great when the facts dont support this.We seem to enjoy taking City’s money though,no morals about that.

We used to have class but not anymore not with this mob in charge. Didn’t you see Hill-Wood embarrising the club at the AGM yesterday ?Nobody can guarantee winning but giving yourself the best chance should be a pre-requisite for Arsenal.

39. goonermichael says:

usmanov is a criminal no two ways about it.

40. dandan says:

Matt you are indeed welcome to your own opinion, as we all are on here.

£1200 for a seasons football, bargain I would have thought.

Hill wood comes from a Family that has supported and run the club for many generations, I dont blame him for maintaining the connection. We fans all do.

Its a shame you sound so angry, but BR @ 12;41 puts things in perspective I think.

41. gunnern5 says:

LB,

You may be right, Usmanov doesn’t even have to dress up for Halloween!

Matt,

I understand you frustrations but if you was to get any half decent Accountant to go through Arsenal’s Accounts with you, and they are publicaly available, you would change your tune.

G5,
    For the moment lets go down the “jailed for six years” route, and then ask the question if a squeaky clean squillionnaire came along, would we feel differently? My money says that if we resisted for five years only to see that Spuds, Villa, Newcastle, Wolves and Cardiff had all taken the cash and the fair play rules were ineffective then we probably would. As for Sir Henry, can we discreetly avoid the subject?

44. gunnern5 says:

MD89,

I’m not suggesting that we do take his, or anybody else’s, money as the management team we have in place have displayed a distinct adversity to spending.

But in 80 years time Arsenal fans could be talking about the great teams of the 2010′s and trying to hide the fact that it was a shady character’s money that got us there………..

45. Matt says:

Is that right Terry? Well how come we had £40million available at the start of the last Transfer window but ended up making a £20 million pound profit yet again.

Stoke,Spurs,Everton etc have spent more money in the transfer window than us in the last 7 years and in that time we have gone backwards to the point Spurs have a better squad than us now and they started a mile behind us.

G5,
    I know what you are saying and although I cannot prove it, I have a gut feeling we were prepared to spend on some very high quality players this summer and it is the negotiator who let us down.

Must go.

Matt, the money you talk about relates to player transfers and wages. Wages rose by £13 million last year, and if we are to keep our better players wages will continue to rise. We also have some money left over to buy in January.

There are 3 other factors to consider. Firstly (without property inciome) we currently breakeven. Secondly, the shareholders do not extract any income from the club. Thirdly, the world economy could go to pot, its good to have something in reserve dont you think?

As i said Matt, i understand your frustrations, but dont think for a minute that the people who run the club are some sort of cowboys or are lacing there pockets. They are desperate for the club to do well, just like you and me.

49. ArseChicago says:

Happy Friday all. Heading to London in 9 hours and land about 4 hours before kickoff Saturday. Any recs as to which Arsenal pub to watch the match and get lunch? We’re staying near Farringdon stop, which apparently is closed. Oh well. Hope our good streak continues. Cheers and thanks in advance for the recs.

50. Wonderman says:

Hi Matt, how many times does Wenger have to demonstrate that amount of money spent does not in itself provide success. So what if they have spent more than us. Didn’t Chelski spend £30m on Schevchenko? And didn’t Man U spend a fortune on Veron. I am not particularly happy with our board at the moment, but what matters is on the pitch. If you have ever ran a football team of any description you would know that to have as many ins and outs as we have had this season was always going to take time to gel….as for your assertion that sp*rs have a better squad than us, how have you come to that conclusion ?

51. goonermichael says:

If the clubs say we’ve got x amount for transfers how can that include wages?

I think wages are linked to the transfer budget GM

GM, all clubs pot is a combination of wages and transfer fees. In many cases wages over a players contract now exceed the transfer fee. This is the modern world of football ime afraid.

54. goonermichael says:

I know I’m one of the few non accountants on here but if you say we’ve got say 40m for transfers surely you can only include the wages for 1 year. You can’t include a cost for the next 4 years in one years budget.

i will let the accountants take over but i believe players are treated as stock (in laymans terms) and their value in the books can be marked down yearly. I may be wrong.

56. goonermichael says:

so if x player costs 10m and is on 100k a week it should be 15.2m

Or am I being a hairdresser?

57. goonermichael says:

and if we sell a player for x we have to take the saving on his wages into account.

58. evonne says:

GM – good point, I have noticed that wages are only being brought into conversations when buying a player, I have never heard anyone say ‘we got £25mil for Cesc plus £10mil worth of wages’

59. oz gunner says:

@ Dandan

very well said, our model will work and it’ll be all the more enjoyable in the long run.

Too much money talk for this kid. My only money concerns involve winning the lotto and buying arsenal myself. Then getting arsene, and the 100′s of accountants of here to sort it all out

GM, you make a good point. Arsenals model should not be looked on as rigid, in other words players wages are only sustainable in the longer term if enough revenues are generated in the future to cover the cost. If you take the premise that say next year, your profit will remain the same, but a player will cost say £10 million, and wages say £10 million you will need £20 million in the bank to cover the transfer and the wages.

The point is that players wages and transfer fees are inextricatbly linked and that Arsenal must factor in the total cost of a new player before purchase. This process can be very complicated, especialy when dealing with large busineses with multi million pound turnovers.

The harsh reality is that with our current finances we cannot go and splash on players unless we sell. Wages is the killer.

Evonne, i factor in the wages saving.(sad isn’t it haha.)

Kelsey, you are right, players are depreciated over the life of there contracts

62. evonne says:

Terry – very :)

63. goonermichael says:

But you can still only take one years wages at a time Terry.

64. Fatgingergooner says:

Great read Dandan,

If life were a movie, then Arsenal’s idea of playing beautiful football along with the strict, but fair, financial sanctions we have in place would emerge victorious in the end. I just worry that the billions available to others could see us fall short.

One things for sure though, if Arsenal do manage to succeed in these doped surroundings, then the team will be remembered for years to come.

GM, try not to look at it like that. If your revenues didn’t increase over the period to cover the new players wages, you would have to exhaust all your reserves (money in the bank) to pay that player over the life of his contract. If your revenues increase you may not have to dip into the fund. Arsenal budget in a conservitive way, and i think this is were a lot of the frustrations lie. Do we borrow money?, should the owners inject money? Should we be more carefree with the money that we have? At the moment the Board seem determined to stick with there current policy.

GM, ive just realised that your last question sums up the problem with the world economy, without growth (revenue) were all buggered haha.

What a classy post that is, this may seem a bit late but it is the first chance I have had to read it, great stuff Dandan.

Evening LB,
    Are you fit and ready for tomorrow? Good team selection, right tactics and top notch use of substitutions and victory could be ours.

Hi Micky

Thinking about it, I reckon we are evenly matched, perhaps we have the advantage in the sense that we are on the up whereas they have been getting it from every angle.

The team selection is fairly straight forward, I hope the boys go into the game without fear. I can deal with a loss so long as the team give their all.

My team selection:

——-Szezcney

Djourou, BFG, Koz, Santos

—Ramsey, Song, Arteta

-Gernivho, RvP, Arshavin

I can deal with Koz as right back with TV in there I can just as easily deal with TV as LB, I don’t really mind Walcott with AA on the bench.

The good thing about this is that there are only two must play players on there Chezza and RvP which is good because the others have to jolly well work for their place.

LB,
    I see AA as the twenty minute man with Theo starting. The letters BFG still make me laugh just as the Little’n’Large pic at the top does. I assume our RB will be up against Mata, so I would go for Koz and go for Verm central.

Guess what? I would play Theo left and Gerv right. Some swapsies though :-)

Damn, just noticed the time. Must go.
    Tomorrow cannot come fast enough. Speed sleeping for me.

73. goonermichael says:

LB
    Didn’t you say TV wouldn’t play tomorrow? Or am I mixing you up with someone else?

74. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Very good post. I wonder If any of the past great teams mentioned had any “sugar daddy ” ( sorry RA ) Influence in them day`s ?.
    I would rather any other team (except spuds ) win the EPL than the Chavs or City, including Manu, I dont take any pleasure from their 6-1 defeat. It was a victory for Sheik Deepwells.

I know I keep saying It, but our only hope Is FFP. So I will be judging oil well…sorry how well we can do and be competative In 3 to 5 years time.
    I , like most of you, do not want to be run like the 2 oiley`s above, but If in 5 years time the FFP has been a complete waste of time, then what do we do ?, we will be more than 5 years behind playing more catch up. Then we may have to join the Soul Sold brigade.
    If any of our fine AA accountants have any idea`s how we will then be able to compete without selling our Souls, then please tell.
    Micky @ 9:53 am . If you “avoid their sort “, you wont be speaking to evonne any more!.
    evonne @10:50am , try to avoid being a sort! :)

75. evonne says:

Who is going to the Bridge tomorrow? Chas?

76. evonne says:

GLiC – I will try, but it is sometimes, only sometimes that I wish we could put a few more winning announcements at the Ems. I am sure that we will, have no doubt about it, but as they say ‘patience is a virtue seldom found in a man, NEVER in a woman’ :)

Not me, Evonne, though I’ve just noticed that it sold out to gold/platinum/away club members with 5+ away credits so we may have been able to get a ticket.

Norwich away has sold out to gold/platinum/away club members with 20+ credits. And they were charging £45, I think.

Wigan away was the next one we were considering, but we’ve seen a 2-3 defeat in the last ten minutes and that horrible 2-2 draw last Christmas in the last two seasons, so it isn’t a fixture filled with happy omens.

78. evonne says:

Chas – I wouldn’t want to go to the Bridge, I have a bad feeling about it. Are they missing any key players, ie Drogba?

79. Fatgingergooner says:

Drogba and Bosingwa suspended.
    Their team will probs be
    Cech
    Ivanovic luiz Terry cole
    Mikel lampard ramires
    Mata Sturridge Torres/Anelka

We can definitely get at the right side of their defence and although I agree that Walcott plays better coming in from the left, I think Gervinho could be the key down that side.

These are their current suspensions, Evonne.

Chelsea Didier Drogba 23/10/2011 05/11/2011 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 3 first team matches for a Sending Off in a match played on 23/10/2011.

Chelsea Ross Turnbull 26/10/2011 29/10/2011 Suspended from all first team football until the Club have completed 1 first team match for a Sending Off in a match played on 26/10/2011.

I’m not 100% convinced Dogbra would have been playing anyway.

The big fixtures are the more exciting ones because they hold that greater element of fear. All the sweeter when we win.

81. evonne says:

Thanks Ginga! Are you sure Terry is playing tomorrow? Mind you, I don’t care if he is or isn’t, he is half the man he was a few years ago

Bosingwa’s suspension was served in the Carling Cup.

83. evonne says:

So they more or less have the full squad tomorrow?

84. Fatgingergooner says:

How come it was only 1 game for a straight red!?

Also, Mereiles will be playing in place of Ramires as he’s injured. A midfield of Lampard Mikel Mereiles against Arteta Song Ramsey, I know which I prefer!

I rarely have a bet but tomorrow is an exception.gervinho to be first goalscorer and gervinho to score at any time. I have a kanu moment in my water.

86. Fatgingergooner says:

Will be interesting to see if AW thinks Rosickys recent revival is worthy of a starting berth in place of Ramsey. Rosicky has been a revelation for me this season, dare I say, back to something like his best!

87. Jamie says:

Dandan – love the song even if it was long before my time.

Think we can get a result tomorrow.

Just home early from night out. Feeling very Ill, can barely stand.
    Not booze related either.

It is either something iffy or some serious pre-match tension.

GM

It was me who said that I didn’t think that TV would start…….hence the absense of his name in my starting line up.

Micky

It is a good bet that Wenger will start with The Gerv and Walcott, it’s just not my first choice.

Fgg,

The “straight red” terminology came in when a player who got a red card for dangerous play was suspended for 3 games.
    A player may have already had one yellow card, but for an incident deemed dangerous play they would get an immediate red card (3 game ban). If shown another yellow, then it would be an automatic 1 game ban.

A last man red card (denying a clear goalscoring opportunity) has always been a 1 game ban, but for some reason the commentators call it a straight red thus confusing us all.

90. oz gunner says:

alot of focus needs to be put into keeping bosingwa and cole back, so hopefully gerv and walcott will get into good positions early, so they are hesitant!

Torres will stick to BFG which could be a problem with our high line and djourou as support.

For that very reason i’d go:

djourou-kozza-verm-santos

Arteta-song-ramsey

walcott-rvp-gerv

Song also has to track fat franks movement in and around the box because his shooting is good (god whenever i think of tracking midfield movements i think back to denilson jogging and letting jenas/bale through and scoring, its the stuff of nightmares).

Great read Dandan (sorry to be joining the party so late).

There’s an air of cautious optimism among Gunners ahead of tomorrow’s game, but it’s certainly going to be a test of our recent revival.

I fancy a draw – and I’d be very content with that.

I’m with LB – I expect BFG and Kozzer to start at CB, with Tommy Gunner on the bench.

What ever the outcome today we win. I respect Chelsea, not for the Abramovich era, but for the die hard Chelsea fans ive known for over thirty yeaars.Many gooners will not agree, but i wish them well.

If we look deeply at it, and without bias,i think we all see that at the end history will acknowledge we are the greatest club in the world. We all know this is true and the only thing i ask is that when when it happens,and it will be soon, we act with the dignity and virtue that has taken us there. Remember who we are, we are Arsenal.

Rocky,
    Tommy Gunner :-)
    Here’s the first real measure of where we are this season. We will always have injuries but things look fairly balanced with principal absentees being Jack and Drogba. What colour is the Torres hair. Blonde Torres worries the crap out of me, dark Torres and we don’t need centre backs at all.

94. evonne says:

Terry – what a statement ‘Remember who we are, we are Arsenal’ !!! Beautiful

My ex-boss was a Chav and a very good friend of mine; I admired and liked him, and loved his company. Sadly, we had fallen out over footy when Wayne Bridge kicked us out of the CL. I simply could not forgive him and although I miss him, the friendship is over :(

95. evonne says:

Morning Micky – what the feck his hair colour got to do with anything????

96. evonne says:

Micky – sorry for strong language, but you told me off badly for fancing Rory Delap :)

Oz,
    I like your thinking of dropping The BFG to cope with Torres. My concern is RB and cutting off the supply from Mata and I feel Kos may do a better job than JD. Certainly we are going to be weaker offensively today down our right. Theo has to work very very hard today.

Evonne,
    Re telling you off, I just said “WHAT!”
    Ah the Torres hair. Blonde they win, brown we win.

99. evonne says:

“Theo must work very very hard”, pssshhh, even when he does he achieves little. The whole team needs to work very very hard today. The Chavs will try to polish their tarnished image with our shirts, they will try to do a ManU on us, watch it

100. evonne says:

Micky – no you didn’t!! You said ‘for f*ck sake, get over it’ :)

And thanks for explaining about Torres’ hair, all clear now. Brown hair today.

Fancying Delap, you’ve gotta be kidding?!

Evonne,
    Yes, I suppose that does sound a little more like the kind of thing I would say!

103. evonne says:

Chas – sorry, I know I shouldn’t :( But somehow i am drawn to the wrong guys, Delap and James McFadden :( I am truly sorry

Micky – yeah, correct

That just reminded me of the Arsenal fan at the Stoke game who took off his shirt to offer to Delap when they got their first throw in.

Chas,
    Ha ha, I didn’t see that. Confident?

106. evonne says:

Chas – I still fancy Delap but there is no fecking way I would take my shirt off for him at the Ems :)

Micky,
    Ambivalence is my middle name. :)
    To tell the truth I wasn’t confident against either Sunderland or Stoke at home.

Evonne. :)

So you fell out with your ex-boss over something out of his control i.e. Wayne Bridge, but hold no grudge against James McFadden who broke our hearts and minds with the two goals in the Eduardo game?

109. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning all T-5hours….

Chas,
    Somehow there is less pressure today. Stoke and Sunderland were must win games and you could sense the tension both on and off the pitch. We have built up a small head of steam and although I would take the draw, an away win would really set us up. Concentration will be key in the moments after the Robin goals. Yes, plural.

Chas,
    I was told by a wise one that the female mind is complex and operates in mysterious ways.

112. evonne says:

Chas – I never claimed to be a sensible person :)

I regret bitterly falling out with David (Chav for over 30 years, goes to ALL home and away games, top guy), so David Ayling I am sorry

I’m off out to do some pre-match exercise.
    Cmon you Gunners.

Picture Big Raddy right now. Pacing up and down massaging the grey stuff. Then slumped over his Apple Mac deleting JD at RB, then Copy Pasting him back in.
    My thoughts are with you during these troublesome moments.

115. evonne says:

Nay, Raddy has done his homework already, I bet the post is the drafts ready for release; just a few final touches, Peaches removes a few swearwords, Rasp slams a picture or two and voila ‘New post….’ arrives at 9:30 precisely

I think we deserve a massive intro today. “And in the Red Corner, weighing in at 12 stone 8 pounds, all the way from Copenhaaaagen Daneland..the one..the only..Biiiig Raaadddy”.

Off now.

118. Bruce: Bendtner can be better than Bent

What a headline. bendy must feel he’s really arrived

119. Wish I could be as optimistic as everyone else today :(

120. off to work. Can’t watch the game :(

Peaches. I need to edit the post …… get out :-)

Rasp. Same message to you ……

123. goonermichael says:

Don’t mess with Raddy

It was me Raddy, I’m out now.

OK. Done…..

Evonne, I would have you know that thanks to some very simple and explicit instructions from Rasp, I can construct the post entirely independently. Thank you very much. (apart from Peaches cleaning up my foul and abusive language)

Micky. You should do Guess the Weight. Frighteningly accurate – I weigh 12 stone 8 and a half (80kg)!!

Raddy, peaches is not around. I hope she hasn’t left her laptop signed into your post – if she has, you can email me the changes and I’ll do the necessary.

127. evonne says:

Raddy – ha ha ha, soz :) love you too xx

BR,
    I have met you so naturally I know your weight exactly being an observant fellow. I left out the “half” as on match days I have you at your fighting weight :-)

Arrange these two words into a well known phrase…

…. Wen Pots……….

130. goonermichael says:

You weigh exactly the same as me Raddy. I’ll have to change my name to big goonermichael

That’s …. ‘New Post’ …….BTW :lol:

132. barca wallpapers…

[...]Can’t Buy Me Love « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

133. chirurgie laser yeux…

[...]Can’t Buy Me Love « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…