Hide Park? – no longer

Last night saw Bolton put out of the Carling Cup by an Arsenal team containing a mixture of  new young players with the added bonus of the experienced Arshavin, Benayoun and the return of the Verminator. Many supporters had come to see if Ox, Park and Young could live up to their hype and whether they were ready for the first team.

These were the players that started the game Fabianski in goal, a back four of  Yennaris, Vermaelen, Squillacci and Miguel, a mid-field of Frimpong, Coquelin and Benayoun with a front three of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Arshavin and J Y Park.

Surprisingly, Bolton played pretty much a first team and when they lined up it was difficult to know how the game would go.

Yennaris was really impressive at right back and Miguel – who I think is a great footballer – was played out of position at left-back and was very solid.

Bolton had the first shot on goal which Fabianski handled very well. Throughout the game his shot stopping couldn’t be faulted and he made some great saves but his distribution was appalling. Kicking up to Arshavin is never really going to work and he could have taken a bit of time to choose his man more carefully. Still, he kept us in the game on quite a few occasions and he’s good cover as a keeper.

Once Bolton had a shot our boys decided they would also like to join the party and there were some rasping shots from outside the box. The link-up play between Arshavin and Park was a pleasure to watch with Benayoun doing a lot of the running to keep control of the game.

Frimpong and Coquelin were not having the best game in mid-field. Coquelin seemed to pick up an injury early in the first half but played on with too many of his passes going astray. He’s a terrier so when he loses the ball he fights to get it back. Frimpong we know can be a bit rash in the challenge so maybe his game was affected by the famous ‘hand-brake’.

The first half ended 0-0 which was pretty fair.

The second half started badly as we looked like we were half asleep and soon went behind – Coquelin and Frimpong were exchanging passes deep in our half and Muamba stole in to nick it off  Frimpongs foot and after a quick exchange with Tuncay slammed the ball into the roof of our net.

But, it was to be Arsenal’s night and within 10 minutes the tie was turned on its head.  Arshavin was having a great time playing in the middle behind the striker and soon got his chance to put us level, collecting a pass from Ox and drilling his shot into the bottom corner.

Within 5 minutes Park received another great ball from Arshavin and unleashed a curler into the top corner 2-1. This is what Arsène had to say about Park

Compared to the player who played in the first match [against Shrewsbury] where he was a bit inhibited, tonight I felt he played with freedom and has showed what a good player he is.

So, it looks like Park really is the real deal. I was at the Shrewsbury game and he did look terrified to receive the ball whereas last night he played a big part in the fluency of the team and he has a great connection with Arshavin.

Vermaelen was subbed with four minutes to go which was really strange but I’ve read that he had tight calves and wanted to come off. He is such a classy player, he could have been on his own in central defence and we’d have been just fine although Squilacci played well too.

This is the ninth year that we have got to the quarter finals of the Carling Cup, whether you think it’s important or not we seem to always have a good run. Maybe we should just forget that we got to the final last year and see it a chance to win some silverware. The draw for the next round should be interesting.

It’s been said before but we do seem to be marching on.

peachesgooner

Some comments and player ratings from Harry

Morning all, sorry Rasp / Peaches just got into office and have a meeting at 10am, so havent time to write anything……

Shame because comments like Park isnt ready for the PL yet, are so far of the mark……….

I have read a couple of write ups and comments across the blogs, I am amazed of some of the comments………

So many positives out there last night……………….

I read somewhere that Benayoun was quite and had an ineffective game? what match was he watching……….?

The only player who had a poor game was Ox, he seemed to get annoyed with himself when he messed up a chance and he didnt regain his composure, his time will come…….

All others had good games, yes made some mistakes and misplaced passes which was our biggest weakness last night, but overall, everyone for me gets a 7 minimum except Ox probably a 6.

TV gets a 9, outstanding display………MotM, dynamic and powerful, name me a better defender in the premier league……?

Miquel and Yennaris both get solid 7.5………Take into account age and out of position for Miquel…….Squillaci gets a 7 for me, for all his criticism did ok………

Fabianski 7, did ok, some good saves, got down well and quick, one swerving shot was vicious and nearly caught him out. His weakness was his distribution which was scattergun effect…….gets a 7.

Frimpers and Coquelin, both get 7.5, hassled and worked hard throughout, soem great tackles, both were guilty of giving cheap possession away at times……..which is where their goal came from.

Arshavin 8 is an enigma, desperately lacking interest one minute to the sublime, stepped up when needed, gets a lucky 8 for me…..

Benayoun 8, was excellent throughout, gets a solid 8. always probing and driving forward.

Park 8 was excellent, his movement excellent and if the linesman knew the offside rule would have more chances. His touch was sublime and his goal, well if messi had scored it, the media would be creaming their pants…………

Subs didnt have time, but Ozakup looked as good as the reviews I have heard about him……..time will tell. Ryo is so fast and will definitely add a dimsension to our squad. Boateng was only on for minutes……

Overall, a good team performance by a mixture of youth and experience, held their own and rarely looked troubled…..Goal against was unfortuante, perhaps didnt quite get into gear from the whistle. But apart from that, the team defended ok. some great blocking and tackling,led by the imperious Vermaelen…..

Next up, Quarters, Palace at the Emirates would be nice with United playing City……….

222 Responses to Hide Park? – no longer

I don’t do match reports!!!!

Just realised I forgot to mention Ryo who came on as a sub and didn’t really get enough time to show his silky skills.

2. harry says:

Great match report peaches, you forgot to mention that Rasp threatened to bare his chest, as your were trying to wrap him up!!!
    Great night great game great company……..off to meeting………..

Thanks for the last gasp match report peaches. If anyone wants to submit player ratings we can add them to the end of the post.

There were several stand out performances last night. As Harry says, TV was exceptional – shame he picked up a minor injury. Miguel is very classy and should definitely be our 4th choice CD when TV returns fully.

Benayoun worked his socks off and Arsh was Arsh, frustrating a lot of the time but he got a goal and an assist – you can’ odds it.

We shouldn’t go too OTT over Park, but judging him on yesterday’s game alone, he is exactly the player we have been missing. His movement, work rate, technique, pace and eye for goal were all superb. If he can replicate that in the premiership, he will be a fantastic option for AW.

Bravissimo Peaches.
    I am over the binkin’ moon about Park. He plays “Sudoku Fiendish” football.

5. I’ve tagged Harry’s comment to the post.

Gave Park an 8 on your behalf Harry :)

Morning all.
    What a shame that so many of us couldn’t hear let alone see the game.I picked up he bits on Radio 5 and then the last 15 minutes they changed commentary to our game.
    have seen the goals and Park’s had a touch of henry about it and also he had another shot, yes I said shot from outside the box.
    You can never omit the Arsh as we all know what he can do but maybe not for a whole match.
    Fabianski got a lot of stick from the commentators,he appeared to be flapping again a bit too often.is that correct ?
    Can’t realy comment anymore except 7 out of 8 wins is certainly the right direction.

Peaches,
    You mention the media would be “creaming their pants”, well I have ‘err indoors returning to the fold today and believe me, there is a wash on the go, and if she thought that for one moment it was as a result of my thoughts on a certain Korean Gentleman then the shit would really hit the fan.
    We have our our RvP back up for sure.

Morning kelsey,

Fabianski made a couple of excellent saves but as Harry says, hi distribution is often hurried and only serves to put us under pressure.

The big plus was the movement and understanding between AA and Park. The learning curve for Coquelin, the Ox and Frimpong continues and none of them really shone. I thought that Yennaris and Miguel both acquitted themselves well. The team had balance which is not always the case and the steadying influence of TV at the back gave it a solidity.

Kelsey morning,
    Arshavin for me is a 30 minute man, which ties in nicely with his comment post the Cesc 30 minute cameo against Villa when he said that was how he wanted to play! The question remains, where to stick the little fella for those 30 minutes?

10. dandan says:

Well done peaches it almost reads as though you were there :-)

Did anybody else hear that empty headed numbskull? Steve “I have had more clubs than Arnold Palmer” Claridge on 5 live last night. I finally turned him off when he announced that he didn’t rate TV as a good defender, “I am not convinced he does it for me” was his classy considered verdict. What an arrogant airhead the man is, must be brain damage caused by heading all those long balls lumped up to him, cos he sure as hell has no touch or feel in his feet,
    Yet another sign that the class act that used to be the BBC is going to the dogs, boy are they dumbing down.
    Never mind a rewarding night, sensible pricing as well it seems and a new partnership in AA and Park, will be handy against the lesser lights or when Rip Van Persie needs a rest.

dandan… what?, Vermaelen was superb last night. He didn’t put a foot wrong. He was 70% of the CB pairing with Squillaci (who was adequate) providing the other 30%

12. I wasn’t at he game, heard nothing on the wireless and only saw the goals on Sky news, so I am deeply indebted to Peaches for the write up. Park’s goal was a beauty, definitely Henryesque.

Great to see Vermaelen back on the pitch.

Bring on the Chavs, there couldn’t be a better time to play them.

Has Terry been banned yet, or likely to be before this weekend?

14. Gooner in Exile says:

Thanks for the match report Peaches and the ratings Harry.

Interesting to hear Bolton were near full strength, I was asleep after twenty minutes trying to watch as live on Player, when I woke it was 2-1 and I couldn’t find a rewind button. So watched highlights this morning.

But from what I did see Bolton looked very poor so I assumed were weakened.

Seems like a few have split opinions so perhaps I will watch on Player this evening to give proper opinions.

Frimpong was weak for their goal. Haven’t seen whole game but what I saw of Ox looked ok, over complicated a chance with one trick too many, later Yossi used a very similar trick (dummy and turn) to create a better angle in the box.

The hand brake was mentioned for Pong, I wonder if TV needs to find it for his return, tight calves are probably a result of over exertion.

Overall another win good for team morale and fans.

All together now:

We’re on the march with Arsenes Army……..

15. dandan says:

Rasp: he was truly enough to send you scurrying for the china telephone, third rate player fifth rate commentator, I rate Claridge alongside that other master of the lump it up and fight for it connoisseur, the eminently forgettable Irish hit man, who once scored a world cup goal, whose name I have strangely forgotten. :-)

16. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Well done Peaches,
    I thought we played well considering all the changes against a side that would have had more together playing time than ours.
    Yes, there were a few individual mistakes,but overall I`m well pleased,whats that,Is It 10 quarter finals on the trot ?.
    Fabianski was ok,made one great save and one which could have been embarrasing, thats why I call him the “cat”, he gives me kittens!.
    Back four were very good,cant wait for Verm to get back to full fitness ( he is “super quality” ). Yennaris, fast ,lots of energy,eager to grab the chance. Miguel, laid back and cool under pressure, one blip when Kakuta roasted him but he Is a CB. Squillaci,I normally slate him but I cant today, his experience was good.
    Le Cog has a great engine, lots of pass and move, plenty of time to improve final ball. `Pong, some crunching stuff but got caught too often taking too many touches when one would have done.
    Ox`, I thought was poor, as with `Pong, he got caught too often when one touch would have done, but I know he Is gunner be a great player,so he can have a bad one.
    Benny was lively and Arsh was Arsh ( as someone else said ).
    Park showed how out of sorts Chamakh Is, looked dangerous, great goal, very Henryesque,( he shoots, he scores, he eats a Labrador…..) ,was caught offside a few times , But, they were very close ones and given another day he would have been through.
    LB, If Park Is not ready for the EPL yet, then Chamakh Is not ready for my Pub team !.

17. Gooner in Exile says:

Following on from Harry’s comments about Parks goal and the media, I am amazed at how much sympathy is being given to Mcarthy and the Molyneux boo boys.

Not that I disagree with Big Mick

“Let me clear something up, it doesn’t help

Let’s not give any credit to the mindless idiots that do it, whether it’s at me, Karl Henry, Andy Keogh or Stephen Ward.

Do not give the boo boys any credence for getting us playing well or getting a result. They don’t deserve any. I’m taking the credit.

I got Jamie O’Hara further up the pitch and I made the substitutions.

The players are all with me and I’m with them. Don’t anyone think anything different. They are great characters who never give up, and hopefully I give them a lead.

We’ve got a great spirit among us, but I always worry I’m giving the dissenting fans some sort of back-handed compliment.

All they do is destroy it. It is destructive and no good to me or anyone else. I almost think some turn up hoping it is going to be that way, so they can have their whinge and get shot of the manager.

They are not going to get shot of the chairman or the players, so let’s give it to the gaffer.

I’ve done a great job here. Five years ago, we had a million quid and 10 players. Now we are building the new stadium but we are having a tough time.

Come on, give the lads a bit of support. Don’t be giving us aggravation. I think some have short memories.”

dandan,
    Quinn?

19. Micky – am I the kind of girl that would use ‘creaming their pants’ as a comment – I don’t think so, please check who said that and accredit the comment to them :roll:

It’s a great shame that Arsenal couldn’t sort out the Arsenal tv/Player thingy because thousands of supporters missed out on the match it seems :(

Thanks for the match report, peaches. :)

The stats for the game suggest Bolton had a lot of chances. I presume that was largely in the last part of the game ( I’ve only had a chance to watch the first half so far).

Possession
    Arsenal 56% Bolton 44%
    Attempts on target
    Arsenal 5 Bolton 11
    Attempts off target
    Arsenal 3 Bolton 7
    Corners
    Arsenal 5 Bolton 7
    Fouls
    Arsenal 8 Bolton 8

Peaches,
    I did. The Media. The Arsenal TV iplayer did work fine, but you have to wait until 10:00.

btw, what on earth have they done to the full screen option on Arsenal Player?
    The bottom of the picture is cut off and they leave the control bar on the screen the whole time, the combination of which means that you can’t even see the ball half the time. Utterly ridiculous. Don’t they test these changes?

23. Gooner in Exile says:

I was thinking Ray Houghton DanDan?

What bugs me is early days Claridge was good but now it seems he plays to the medias need for hyperbole.

Ah Chas,
    Been looking for you. Saw your RvP Wiff Waff clip the other day. Excellent. I would say his forehand strike rate is good, but the backhand was strangely absent. He has received a formal invitation to The Wiff Waff Club, particularly in light of the expulsion of Mrs Baxter due to her immoveable position over a local wind turbine application.

25. oz gunner says:

cheers for the report peaches/harry

just finished downloading it and looking forward to watching a few of the lesser knows. Very excited to see more of park.

How long before fabs and mannone move on to get playing time? its a shame because they are very good cover. Shocked arsene called fabs ‘world class’

Haha Micky.
    Trouble with your wind turbine must be a terrific hindrance to your Wiff Waff prospects.

Here’s another clip I found when looking. The start is annoying but the interview after 55 seconds is quite nice. Hope the invitation is successful.

Is Arsenal Player available only in the UK and how much does it cost.

On another subject how nice for Aldershot,who have come back from near extintion.They had 7000 attending and a certain amount of tickets which were sold at the normal price were available providing one bought one as well for the next home league fixture this saturday agains Crewew.

Total revenue including TV money around £225000, just under Rooney’s weekly wage.Puts it all into perspective, the gulf between top and bottom.

Oh my wife became a grandmother yesterday as my stepson’s wife had their first baby at the age of 41

25 hours in labour then c/section.Both are well.

The baby boy has been named Cream Crackers by me , Jacob to others.

Work. Bye all.

30. dandan says:

Nice try GIE but Tony Cascarino is who I was alluding to, He is the idiot who was sacked by sky for comparing Traorie to the Holocaust, bad enough in any context but when talking of The Arsenal or Spurs with their large Jewish support it is stupid and insensitive which just about sums the man up.

31. gooner lost in cornwall says:

chas,
    I know the problem, you cant see the bottom touchline on full screen, so If Arshavin plays on the wing,you dont see him do anything for one half ! :)
    You have to minimalise it to see the whole pitch, then get hold of a huge magnifying glass !
    Last night, when they showed It straight after the game It was ok, I could see the whole pitch on full screen, so next time try and watch it semi-live straight after game but you are right someone in the technical dep`t needs to have a look.

32. oz gunner says:

congratulations are in order kelsey, glad all is well. 25 hours jesus thats quote an effort

33. goonermichael says:

Thanks for the report Peaches
    Kelsey I used Arsenal player in Japan. You have to be a member and it’s included free.

I was on the tube last night next to 2 attractive (but very waggish) girls. They were apparently on thier way to the match. One kept saying to her male friend how she’d “hooked up” the other one with Frimpong as if she’d found her a fantastic job or something. No wonder footballers lose touch with reality.

34. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Kelsey,
    The £30 for Red Membership gets you Arsenalplayer ,well worth it. Last year I had to pay £30 for Red membership and £45 for Arsenalplayer (Arsenal TV online ), now It`s £30 for both.

kelsey,

I presume Arsenal Payer is available worldwide as members would be from all over. See attached screen shot for details as to price.

36. goonermichael says:

congratulations Kelsey.

glic,

have you seen the middle option “enlarge” which is slightly better than the tiny option?

Congrats, does that make you a step grandad?

39. Vikram Singh Negi says:

Very happy that you mentioned Squillaci (although you did miss him while giving ratings). The guy has had heavy stick, and rightly so, but he deserves applauds when he does play well.

Some mistakes:
    – mention of Young in the first paragraph.
    – boys name is MiQuel.
    – Muamba played the 1-2 with Pratley
    – Arshavin got the pass from Benayoun.

40. oz gunner says:

In honour of the best defender in the world (2.20 is unreal)

Just now, while sitting at my desk thinking about Acorns, I had an Arsenal thought. Things are not going very well at the moment for the “Wenger Out” brigade. Oh well, back to Acorns.

42. gooner lost in cornwall says:

chas,
    I had to watch the whole Orc game on ” enlarge” .
    I`m going to phone Arsenal and complain, I dont like having to, It`ll be like like telling my chidren off,I`ll feel bad afterwards. :cry:

43. dandan says:

Vikram either get a life or offer to do the next match report and give us a chance to correct you. its easy to pick holes with hindsight after reading umpteen reports Peaches did that late last night whilst you were probably in your pit.

44. gunnern5 says:

Kelsey.

Just go to Arsenal.com and you can sign up as a red member, my membership cost 36 pounds. It allows me to watch pre-season games live and all other games on a delay, you can watch just highlights or the entire games.

There are also player and manager interviews.

The only problem that I’ve ever had was the first pre-season game, they had some teething problems but since it has been letter perfect, I watch it in full screen with great audio visual reception and knowledgeable commentary.

Well worth 36 quid.

45. gunnern5 says:

Kelsey,

Along with Arsenal Player membership I also received a package containing, a Herbert Chapman book, the offical 2011/12 handbook and a few other goodies………

46. gunnern5 says:

Harry,

I think you must have rated the players through “Peroni blurred glasses” (lol)

As much as I like Frim Pong and Coquelin they both had below average games with Frim Pong being culpable for their goal – both deserve 5.5/6.0. They will become 7.5s but were not yesterday.

47. gunnern5 says:

One thing that stood out to me was that Arshavin took over as General of the team and spent a lot of time directing the younger players – at times he was very demonstrative – great to see.

He is most certainly coming out of his shell and showing us his true capabilities.

48. gunnern5 says:

Dandan

So just what do you find offensive about Vikram making polite observations……….?

49. harry says:

Afternoon all,

@Dandan, did Claridge seriously belittle Vermaelen, whereby we all have our own opinions, mine is that he is the best defender in the premier league, a tad bias perhaps, but he is easily in the top ten defenders, what a mug………

@Vikram Singh Negi@ 11.38

On Mistakes………One by you…

Squillaci was given a rating, within the defender paragraph……..I know as I rated him and did think he did his job last night……..Read the article fully……….Note it is mixture of two peoples opinions.

Any of our centre backs can play well with Vermaelen on the pitch, he really helps settle the defence…….

50. harry says:

GunnerN5 – It was Corona, pub didnt sell peroni!!

I did consider their individual mistakes, which like many was poor misjudged passing. But I took into account their effort levels, drive and determination against a very experienced Bolton team whereas we had a patchwork quilt team out again, that puts pressure on the players.

Some of Frimpers recovery tackling was fantastic, equally some interceptions by Coquelin were superb. So yes they made some mistakes, but for with the situation / conditions, they get an extra 1.5 to your 6, therefore 7.5..!! lol..see………..

Seriously I standby the comments and ratings, yes frimpers cost us the goal and coquelin had a near similar incident…….but nearly cost us a goal……….BUt they never stopped and they pressed hard, so for their effort I must congratulate, thing is it is hard to keep it simple!! which is what the youngest should be doing……..Yennaris was not spectactular but efficient, kept it simple….

51. dandan says:

Gunner5 who said it was offensive

52. Red Arse says:

Peaches, :-)

What nonsense to say you do not do post match reports. That was excellent and detailed beautifully. :-)

Harry, I always love your enthusiasm and your summation and ratings were both really interesting to me, as one of the ‘didn’t see the match’ types.

Thanks to you both!! :-)

GN5,

Can you watch the game last night on Arsenal Player in full screen mode without the ball disappearing off the bottom of the screen?

If you can, it might be a problem with my screen resolution so I’m interested to know if changing it would be a solution, thanks.

54. dandan says:

Harry Claridge said as I reported, I was so disgusted I turned the radio over to sky news, luckily I have an internet radio in my bedroom and can scan cyberspace as though it was a computer.

55. Red Arse says:

Micky, :-)

I was not commenting on your spelling. I did not know what a ‘wonger’ was — and I don’t know what a ‘wonga’ is either.

Are you teasing me? :-)

56. gunnern5 says:

Harry,

I thought that both players were average, at best, I agree that they were energetic and enthusiastic and would give then both 5/6s for their attempts to clean up their mistakes but 7.5s should be reserved for those that excelled 75% of the time.

IMLTHO.

57. WiganGooner says:

Hola Amigo’s!

I have returned from a fab holiday in Mexico, refreshed and it seems Arsenal has benefitted from my absence with some cracking results.

More of the same please!!

I’ll be reading back the posts, but I thought I’d pop in and say Hola :)

WG

58. gunnern5 says:

Chas,

I watched in full screen mode, which was 100% picture, reception was perfect in every way.,

59. Illybongani says:

RA – on Micky’s behalf, “wonga” is a colloquialism for money. As in Blackpool’s sponsors Wonga.com

Blimey, you need to get down with the homies around Islington, innit?

60. gunnern5 says:

Dandan,

So why criticize him for perfectly acceptable observations.

Thanks GN5,

I wonder if the watch ‘as live’ option is different from the 1st half, 2nd half versions they produce at a later date. I’ll have to investigate.

As in,
    wenger, you wanger, spend some wonga.

Not that that has been quite so at the forefront of comments recently. :)

63. gooner lost in cornwall says:

WG,
    If we start having a sequence of bad results, we shall all club together and send you back to Mexico! :)

Good Afternoon,

Nice article Peaches & Harry.

I was at the game last night and was very impressed with what i saw. There was a big gulf between the sides in terms of experience but we still came through. In my opinion this was down to our more experienced players guiding the kids through what was a difficult match. The youngsters that played last night acquited themselves well, and once again showed hugh promise

The most pleasing aspect of last night, and a great relief to me personaly, was to confirm that Park does actully exsist and in no way is a figment of my imagination or some imaginary korean freind that i just made up. He looks a good player to.

65. Red Arse says:

Thanks Illy, :-)

As a Yankee Doodle Dandy, I am sometimes wrong footed by colloquialisms. (Don’t tell Micky, but I thought his willy was talking to him) :-)

Over the years I have become better able to work out the meanings. The problem I have is when the Northern guys use different words.

At a party in Lancaster, I was told “You have put your great big clumper in it now” after I said “your girlfriend is really hot” to a guy at a party.

Turned out she was the wife of another bloke there, but the others all knew she was having an affair with the one I spoke to.

66. gunnern5 says:

Chas,

I`ve been more than happy with Arsenal Player. The first few days were really iffy but once thjey had their ducks in line it has been quite brilliant.

Every option that I`ve used has been perfect in full screen.

A great return for $50.

67. harry says:

Hi WG, good to have you back as long as the results keep flowing as Cornwall said, we’ll have to Club together and send you back if that changes……..

@Gn5, I understand your POV, i Suppose it comes down to understanding parameters of ratings.

For me anything below a 7 is not acceptable, it is the expected level of performance. A sub might get a 6 off me with the caveat that he didnt have long enough…….

As I Said in the article the only player that didnt perform at an acceptable level is Ox and he would admit that himself, he messed up early doors and seemed laden down from then on, still think he is brill and will be a star for us in the very near future…….

So perhaps this might help you see why I score them above your scores………..

I like your parameters and understand them, but prefer mine!! lol…..

It wasnt just their mistakes they mopped up, Frimpers was mopping up all around him. Coquelin likewise and he really drove us on.

Hi GN5,

Unfortunately very few got to watch the match live yesterday on stream and so we couldn’t find a volunteer to write the match report. Watching the game on TV does make analysis of detail a lot easier. Those of us at the game were too entranced to be able to absorb all the detail but peaches did her best to reflect the match in her report.

I think dandan was just showing his chivalrous side by defending her efforts in light of Vikram’s list of ‘mistakes’ – in fairness, I’m surprised she remembered that much, I was sitting with her and Harry and could not possibly have come up with a blow by blow report.

GN5,

I’ve changed my screen resolution to all available options and the same problem occurs on all i.e. the ball disappears from the screen at the bottom and to the right.
    I can’t understand how it works for you but not me.
    Gooner lost in Cornwall said earlier that he had the same problem as me. Oh well, I’ll have to send the website a query.

TMHT,

You were at the game? Why didn’t we meet up for a beer beforehand?

We must be careful not to get too carried away, but Park did look like the real deal. Ryo got a rapturous reception even though he’s hardly played – just goes to show how hungry the fans are for exciting players and how quick they are to form an opinion based on youtube.

71. Red Arse says:

Well said Rasper.

I could not write a sensible match report even after watching on TV — but after watching the game live at the Emirates I would not attempt to do so. Well done Peaches! :-)

72. Red Arse says:

Chas, have you got an HD enabled PC?

I watched a game earlier in the season on Arsenal Player (or whatever it is called) and it fitted the screen perfectly. The sound and mix icons came up when I moved the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

It might be a problem when Arsh is playing — he is so short perhaps only his head is appearing, like the comparison with the Jolly Jerman Jiant at the right of AA. :-)

73. harry says:

@Red Arse 1.40pm………Thanks, I do get over excited at times!! Just love the Gooners that much……….

Cant help but look for the positives and as you all know, when we lose I hide under my quilt!!

With last nights game, what several fans have missed (not on here necessarily) but on other write ups is the context of the game, that was a strong Bolton side and forgetting their current form, that was a decent result from a side thrown together……..

Hi Rasp,

A beer would have been good but i just about made time for kick off.

I do admit to getting a bit carried away, but i get so excited i just cant help myself. I liked Parks movement last night, he looks the kind of guy who will thrive on some delicious through balls and bag plenty of goals. Ok, i will say it (cant resist), he could be the top scorer in the league this season if he gets match time.

Thanks for all the replies re Arsenal Player and I shall look into it.

I listened to Claridge as well, he knows a lot about nothing and the more excited he gets the higher his voice gets. (cough please)

Yes i am now a step grandad dand also a grandad to two of our own.= 2.5 children.

76. harry says:

@TMHT, your right Parks movement was excellent, I havent seen the replays, but i cannot believe some of the offside decisions against him, one of which he clearly came from behind……..

SOme of his touches were excellent and showed clearly he has a football brain, he will link with AA and RVP well………

Harry,

He will definantly give something to the squad. Exciting times ahead my friend.

78. dandan says:

Rasp thanks for your defence ,but really, I have promised myself not to wast time trading words with someone so pedantically hidebound

79. dandan says:

Kelsey well done my friend does a trip to England call.

80. gunnern5 says:

Rasp,

So it`s acceptable to trash somebody and their point of view (i.e. get a life – or in your pit) as long as you are chivalrous.

I won`t offend anybody by continuing this string on AA and will leave it there……………..but you can imagine I find the subject really blogworthy.

81. oz gunner says:

@ TMHT

after one game leading goal scorer in the league?! you know what i agree! He will ‘PARK’ the ball into the back of the net more than anyone else!

@ Gunner5

i agree with DanDan, i mean come on does it really matter, coming on and pointing out observations like that isn’t done to help, but rather to be rude

Thank you Peaches for a fine write up, I very much enjoyed your headline.

Listening to the radio commentary took me back to the pre-live footie on TV days. – it was frustrating then and even more frustrating now. As has been said by many the level of punditry is very poor these days and the guys on the AFC player really sould be given a course in how to present. For example, they should be instructed to tell the listener where the effing ball is. I had no idea if we were attacking or defending.

Very happy with the win and in particular Arshavin. My guess is that he has been pleading with AW to be given more opportunities to play his preferred position, trouble is that it doesn’t fit into a 4-3-3 formation

Very good post Peaches

I am just back from getting absolutely drenched on an 80k ride on my bike and it is the first time I have had an opportunity to reply to some of the digs.

Rasp

I was not being ironic, I stand by my opinion: I do not think Park is ready for the EPL.
    Reason: imagine him playing against the chavs on the weekend, in my minds eye he is out of his depth, if you view things differently then so be it.

Harry

You are a man that understands football, and to you I say again: I do not think Park is ready for the EPL.
    I assume you were at the game last night, did Park add anything to the defence during set plays and corners? I didn’t think so. Did he hold the ball alla Alan Smith before playing a player through? Not that I saw.
    What I saw is a player with good movement and who has an eye for goal, but here is the problem: as things stand I don’t see someone who has those talents over and above Walcott for instance or even Vela for that matter. So, if you think he should be playing ahead of RvP which is what it means to be ready for the EPL then I respect your opinion but I do not think he is ready to play ahead of the Boy Wonder, hence he is not ready for the EPL.

Micky

Park and Chamakh have such different styles I cannot see how they can be compared, although, in defence of Arsene, the fact that they are so different is what makes them both clever purchases imho.

RA,

I haven’t got an HD enabled PC.

Arsenal Player was working very well for me earlier in the season in full screen and, as you say the control bar was mouse-sensitive.

Now full screen doesn’t work and the control bar is visible all of the time so they must have changed something. (Or I have inadvertently)

It being quiet here in my CPH garret and having read the comments I would like to comment on the Vikram/GN5/DD debate. which of course ahas absolutely nothing to do with me …..

As someone who spends valuable spare time writing posts I find comments like Vikram’s hugely annoying. Anyone who is writing a post does so for the entertainment of the reader; we are not writing a uni thesis, just expressing opinions and opening a forum for discussion. To be pulled up for making trivial mistakes ( who cares if there was a spelling error?) is in my opinion, pedantry of the first order and (once again IMO) Dandan was right to point this out, especially as Vikram is not a regular contributor.

GN5 states that Vikram was “polite”, well I cannot agree, his comment reeks of self-righteousness and displays a lack of respect for the writer.

86. oz gunner says:

‘playing ahead of RvP which is what it means to be ready for the EPL’

‘I do not think he is ready to play ahead of the Boy Wonder, hence he is not ready for the EPL.’

@ LB

under those guidelines not one single striker in the EPL would be ready as no one could play ahead of RVP. Sorry Miquel your not ready for the EPL as you are not ready to play ahead of verm haha

LB,
    Thanks for the reply. We may have a misunderstanding here abot what “ready for the EPL” means. For you, it is better than RvP. Fair enough, then. For me, it means he is first choice back up for RvP injuries/rotation and I think he is “ready” to do a great job. I totally agree he is entirely different to MC, although the comparison is inevitable as they will play the same position.

88. oz gunner says:

@ BR

couldn’t agree more

I think we have reached an accord Micky

Oh here we go…
    Hey G5,
    Why don’t you just clear the air and say it is nothing personal (in today’s case @ dandan) and that you simply like the occasional fight.

LB,
    Oh bollocks :-)

Is that Park’s bollocks, if so I don’t think they are ready for the EPL.

Kelsey. Congratulations, you must be a very happy Grandfather.

Micky. Did you find the perp who took your pickle?

Excellent LB. Accord off. Round two. Ding Ding :-)

BR,
    Yes and guess who? Yip, that snake LB.

On the Park issue. I haven’t seen him play. And I think that until he gets 90 minutes in a PL game no-one can assess whether he is a first team player, better than Chamakh or even worthy of a bench slot.

My suspicion is that he will have a fine future in the PL but he will always be back up until AW allows Gervinho to play right and drops Theo.

Can’t trust those Little Venice chaps …..

98. harry says:

@LB…….

2 points…..

Yes I did see hold the ball and slide a pass through on more than one occasion last night……..

To start in front of the Boy Wonder is not the same as Premier League ready in my book…….back to a comment i made to Gn5, depends on a persons parameters…….

For me Park is ready to play if required within the Premier league, preferably with RVP our MVP in the hole……….

@ Big Raddy, meant to say yesterday on your preview that the picture of Gunnersaurus and Caption was hilairous………..I must admit I did wonder whether your were spot on, you should have put him in your line up……..Not sure he is ready for the premier league yet…….?

BR,
    I watched the full 90 last night (and while LB’s away taking drugs or whatever) I can tell you he is ready for action right now, and is far better than MC. This is all fact.

Hi LB, we will have to agree to differ. I watched Park closely yesterday and I would say he did everything that could have been asked of him and put in a better performance than I have seen from MC in 2011- against a team of premeirship strength.

I am not saying he will do it every game but I am absolutely saying that he is at this moment in time a much more potent striking option than MC and so in my virtual team, he would be 2nd choice behind RvP whose position is unassailable.

From memory, I think Park had about b shots. All but 1 were on target; in each case he made a run into space or took a touch to create space; the one that scored was a sublime piece of skill. I do not think that Chamakh would have created or taken any of those chances had he been on the pitch. He may have made runs into the box in an attempt to get his head on a cross, but with our crossing ability and the size of their defenders, I doubt he’d have had much success.

One thing that hasn’t been mentioned is that we attacked at pace on the counter thanks to AA and Park (and Benayoun) and that was very refreshing to see.

102. Red Arse says:

Just seen a clip of the Park goal (bit behind today – so to speak).

What an absolutely cracking effort, very like a TH goal with the way he opened his body stance and bent it around the keeper.

Looks like a premier League player to me, but it was a CC game, so the jury is out until he gets a full EPL game to confirm that view, or not.

Park looked the part last night and i see no reason why he cant go from strength to strength. I agree with LB that he may be out of his depth at the moment, we all now how physicaly demanding the premeir league is, but the boy can certainly play. Oh sod it, its £20 on Park winning the Golden Boot then.

Hi RA,

I think the point is that he deserves his chance. He is a completely different type of player to MC. He has a strikers instincts and eye for goal. Whilst MC’s confidence is so low that he only plays with his back to goal and seldom tries to turn a defender or create a goalscoring opportunity for himself, Park will be seen by many (myself included) as worthy of a try.

105. Vikram Singh Negi says:

Hi all,

I didn’t mean to offend anyone. I am sorry if my post came off that way.

Thanks,

Bloody hell Messrs Arse and Transplant,
    Please don’t go around agreeing with LB. I had him right where I wanted him :-)

Nice one Vikram. Bravo.

No worries Vikram, just a misunderstanding, it’s good to have you on the site, please call in any time.

My main confusion with LB’s assertion was that I couldn’t understand how Park’s performance had made him so sure he wasn’t ready from the premiership. If he’d had a stinker I would have agreed but it was 90 minutes of hard work with plenty of quality and a good team ethic, so the only question in my mind is can he perform like that when the pressure is really on?

Hi Micky, i dont think i do agree with him, ive got a funny feeling he thinks my £20 will be wasted.

Well done Vikram, thats a nice thing to do.

Rasp,
    Because as I understand what he was saying, he meant not ready for the Prem in terms of not better than RvP and one cannot argue with that.
    He’s still barking mad in my opinion though.

112. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Terry,
    You haven`t answered yesterdays question. How did you get out of the “bin” to be on Talksport ? , oh and go to the game ! :)

TMHT,
    If you place that bet, I’ll stick you in the Mad Box as well.

Oh I see Micky, no he’s not RvP, as I said earlier, his position is unassailable. So if LB is saying that Park is not a replacment for RvP, then no argument from me.

Hi Cornwall

Cant believe i missed myself on the radio. What did i say?

Bye for now.

117. dandan says:

Vikram Thanks for the apology, Peache is very busy at the moment with moving home etc, and wrote that post after returning from the game.
    We encourage new talent on here and if you would like a go at writing a post Please explore the ” Be our guest Tab” at the top of the page and email your effort to Peaches and it will probably get published.

Enjoy your AA Blogging and get to know the gooners on here

Rasp,
    Had Park come on with 20 to play, the situation would not have arisen :-)
    Really bye.

To late Micky, online gambling and all that. I might combine Park top scorer with Gordon Brown been proved an alien, if it comes in i will be rolling in it.

I think Park is ready now.he has a natural instinct to look for the goal.Even when Arshavin scored he was there two feet from the keeper if he spilled the ball.

I say Park the Van is a lethal duo for certain matches.

Just hope AW doesn’t have a word with him and say “steady on old chap, not too much shooting, especially from the edge of th box, as it might ruin my plans” :)

121. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Terry,
    Apart from the funny stuff, you told us what a great player Peter Simpson was and that Liam Brady was the best footballer you played with, you roomed with George Best when in America, now do you remember ? :)

“Park the Van” :D

123. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Any relation to “park the Bus “

124. dandan says:

GIC What about that bracelet he said he nicked :-)

125. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Oh, and you thought the Irish National anthem was the Poland one! :)

Vikram. 4.07 Well played that man.

Cornwall, that all sounds in order. Funny how the mind plays tricks.

Got to go, ime screwing up someones Tax Return here.

not another accountant TMHT ;)

sorry this should work.

players wages went up from 111 million to 124 million, but since then Cesc and Nasri I assume to be big earners have been sold

Anyone know if Total Arsenal is on holiday or has he abandoned us?

Ime afraid so Kelsey.

from today’s London Evening Standard (extract)

Meanwhile, the Arsenal board are set to be grilled over the financial plans for the club at tomorrow’s Annual General Meeting.

Shareholders are given the opportunity to pose questions to senior figures – with majority shareholder Stan Kroenke expected to attend and under pressure to speak having felt unable to do so due to Takeover Panel rules while he acquired control of the club. Standard Sport understands questions will include seeking clarification over Alisher Usmanov’s role at the club and discussing the possibility for a second time of a rights issue to raise additional revenue to spend on players.

Chief executive Ivan Gazidis will also be asked to explain how he justifies receiving a £669,000 bonus on top of his £938,000-a-year salary when the club has failed to break a trophy drought that has entered its seventh season. Wenger will also give a statement to shareholders before taking questions in an ‘open microphone’ format.

Thanks for the link Kelsey, ive read Swissrambles other stuff and hes very good.

Just a small point: I don’t know why people are including me in the comparison of Park and Chamakh.

I have never said Park is better or the other way around.

I have said, however, that Park is not ready for the EPL. He plays for Arsenal so surely everyone knew I was talking in an Arsenal context, he played last night in the Carling Cup, the next game in the EPL is against Chelsea, is he ready for that I don’t think so, hence the assertion not ready for the EPL.

I hope that I have entertained you all.

Chamkh’s hidden talent is being able to add height at the end of a game if and when we need to play 4.4.2

Kelsey

Here’s a thought: a couple of days ago you wrote a scathing attack on Walcott, I am curious to know what you think Park has that Walcott doesn’t?

I think the sentence “Chief executive Ivan Gazidis will also be asked to explain how he justifies receiving a £669,000 bonus on top of his £938,000-a-year salary when the club has failed to break a trophy drought that has entered its seventh season” is lazy journalism.

Gazidis is paid to create a profitable and self-sustaining business which he has succeeded in doing. He will be paid bonuses because he has achieved set targets. It is hardly IG’s fault that the team has failed to prosper, we need to look at the highest paid employee of the club to account for that!

LB,

It wasn’t an attack on Walcott, it was my opinion.I have never rated him as i said, but also said I would like to be proved wrong.
    I can’t comment on Park as all I have seen of him are literally a few clips but he seems from the little i have seen of him more direct as a striker if we are comparing Park and Walcott as strikers.

AW’s own words – he believes Park is ready to play league games in the EPL…

…. “For me I am very pleased with his performance. He had a very, very good game. He has shown intelligence in his link play with others. The quality of his movement was exceptional and his finishing is absolutely fantastic. He has shown tonight that he is a very, very good player. He is ready to play in league games, yes.”

BR,

I have no opinion on the matter i just brought the extract up for discussion..One can be so easily misinterpreted on here and elsewhere, and it is the AGM meeting tomorrow.

“But …… I’d ask anyone this question. If we were in the CL final and you were manager, we were 1 nil down with 10 minutes to go and Park and MC were both on the bench and you had one sub left – who would you bring on?”

I have just noticed this one, and a very interesting question it is too.

If we are one down with ten minutes to go, be it in the CL or the EPL we should assume that we are attacking and the opposition are defending their lead, so they have a lot of men behind the ball, space is at a premium so Walcott is a waste…….we need height, surely we go 4.4.2 and the only player we have capable of adding that commodity is Chamakh.

If we were three up and the opposition were coming on to us, meaning space was appearing behind their attack then I would definitely go, as things stand, with Walcott first, then the Ox and then Park

Cornwall,

Ok, just coz its you, i will let you know how i did it.

Time Lord Redders bestowed his knowledge to me.

Escape – Through Teleportation
    Been in more than one place at the same time – Parralell dimensional shifting.

The great thing was i managed to get back before i left, just in time for the guards to serve me my dinner.

OK

So Arsene reckons Park is ready for the EPL, who wants to bet how many times Wenger puts his selection where his mouth is over the next five EPL games, so come on who thinks he will play once, twice, three, four or all five of the next five EPL games. I bet not one.

BR

@5.25……………top comment

Your question will be answered by who is on the bench. Only if MC and Park are both on the bench will we be able to see who AW currently favours. Since Park played the full 90 minutes yesterday and MC was rested, it is quite possible he will not be in the squad for chelski.

kelsey. You misinterpret me! I was referring to the London Standard journo – not you.

I don’t believe in shooting the messenger :-)

So how many games do you think Wenger will play Park in out of the next five?

I would guess (that’s all that anyone can do) that he may make 2 appearances from the bench.

The question should be how many appearances compared to MC, because the point I am labouring is that he is a better choice than MC (currently) as an attacking option either to replace or support RvP. I wouldn’t start counting until after the chelski game though :?

That’s the spirit BR

Good luck.

Rasp

Only you have introduced this comparison between Park and Chamakh, there is no point to labour because no one disagrees with you.

Ten minutes to go on Saturday, we are one down, both Park and Chamakh are on the bench, the chavs are defending deep, who are you going to bring on?

Park without a second thought LB. Chamakh is currently only a shadow of the player he could be whereas Park is looking confident and dangerous.

Incidentally, Park has a very good leap and scores goals with his head. At 6ft he is not short (about the same height as kozzer and TV) and so I wouldn’t discount him as an aerial threat if the game requires.

152. Red Arse says:

TerryM,

You be careful. I allowed you to swan around in time and relative dimensions in space as a favor, and in confidence!

Now you have told GLIC, I might have to go back in time and bump the pair of you off before you can reveal these deep secrets. Oh, and while i am at it, I will change history and ensure Arsenal win the EPL and the CL in each of the last 6 years.

If the majority of AAers vote in favour – you will not be Gooners – you will be gonners!! :-)

153. Red Arse says:

Kelsey,

Thanks for giving us that Swiss Cheese link. The article was a great read and is to be recommended to all.

Of course, he is a boring accountant and it is too long. I bet you could write it in a couple of sentences!! :-)

By the way, hearty congrats on your new grandchild, you must be very proud!! :-)

154. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Terry,
    Thanks, I knew you would give me a simple answer. :roll:
    I noticed on a comment the other day, you said you were from Stepney, are you still in Stepney or have you flown the Eastend nest like I have done ?.

Fair enough Rasp

I think we have things absolutely clear now.

156. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Dr. Red Arse Who, or Is It the “Master”.
    I read the “Swiss link” and now my brain hurts from overload. :shock:
    It`s the sort of detailed wizardry I`d expect from you!

157. Red Arse says:

Hi GLIC,

I was waiting for either or both of GIE and 26 to hit us with their interpretation of the AFC accounts, but Swissy has beaten them to it. :-)

He is a genuinely good analyst because he has incorporated interesting side explanations and observations on related matters so it was not just a dry accounts fest!!

I wrote a windy analysis of the AFC Accounts last year and even thru’ my keyboard I could hear the bloggers snores! :-)

158. dandan says:

Rasp just been listening to Michael Vaughan, saying we have to change the wickets in this country for ODI’s. We need flat wickets, no pace, little movement but take some spin. No point in playing on one kind of wicket at home and different all round the world. Very interesting given I was saying we had to stop Dr ing wickets on here yesterday.. The thought of same wickets all round world is intrigueing, dont you think. Listen below

By the way did you know that they use a lighter football for the CC.Anyone know why ?

160. Vikram Singh Negi says:

Dandan,

I am from India. We want greener wickets here so that our batsman get used to fast bowling and we dont get bollocked in places like England, Australia and RSA.
    Thanks.

161. dandan says:

Vikram well you didnt need em this last month did you, you well and truly stuffed us :-).
    Rasp who you will meet on here is a keen cricketer who plays every week and by all accounts his son is a fine cricketer too,
    Where are you based in India have been there a time or two.

RA, I am willing to sacrifice my self for the six years of dominance, i only ask that you do it in a clean and quick way,

Cornwall, left Stepney many years ago, when i was fourteen, now reside in sunny Bounds Green. Even lived in Tottenham for a while, lovley place.

163. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Vikram,
    I know cricket is massive in India, more like a religion than a game but tell me how does football fair over there ? and what sort of following do “The Arsenal” have compared to other teams ?.

164. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Terry,
    You must have been the only person walking around spudland with !a smile on their face

I heard the main reason that the Venkeys bought Blackburn was to promote football to the second largest nation in the world.Any truth in that Vikram ?

166. 26may1989 says:

Evening all, just dropping in quickly.

Diwali Mubarak to everyone of a suitable persuasion.

Haven’t seen the whole of last night’s game yet (was delivering a seminar on an astonishingly dry topic) but I will watch it, hopefully tonight. I did see the goals, and excellent ours were too. Loved Park’s movement for number two: more players should use an offside position in order to lose markers before coming back onside to receive the ball. And that finish, lovely.

The Swiss bloke is the nuts on football money stuff, he must be a tax exile sitting in Zug, bored to tears and blogging to make up for it.

Catch you lot later.

PS: Oh and Peaches, lovely match report, you should do it more often!

Cornwall, every ones got a smile on their face down there, even the muggers, its the medication.

Vikram, my indian neighbors are letting of fireworks, happy diwali.

168. LB
    If we needed a goal I’d bring on Park. Chamakh doesn’t know where the goal is. Parks finishing is much better than walcotts. I’d sell Theo.

169. Vikram Singh Negi says:

Dandan,
    Well we just evened things up after the bashing we got in England. ;)
    I am from New Delhi but am currently working in Mumbai.

GLIC and Kelsey,
    Football is growing now, a lot. North east of India has a lot of good talent. And people from Bengal have football in their blood. East Bengal and Mohun Bagan are two clubs who share a ground and their rivalry is fierce to say the least.
    Before Mumbai, I was in Pune for a few years and football is huge there. In fact, Pune is where Venky’s are from. I was there to see Blackburn play Pune FC last month.
    Till the last decade, people only knew big names like Ronaldo, Beckham, Zidane etc. Now it has changed.

United has the biggest following here, but that is mostly due to DB7 or CRy. Half of them dont know shite about Utd.
    Chelsea had like a handful of supporters before Roman stepped in. Again, most of them dont know jack. For them, Lamps is Chelsea born and bread.
    Liverpool also have decent following but that is either due to the magic no. 18 or due to Istanbul.
    THE ARSENAL comes in a close second as far as fan following for EPL goes, but fan quality wise, we are way ahead of anyone.

170. gooner lost in cornwall says:

RA, Terry and all the other accountants on AA,
    Taking your Arsenal hats off ( and in Terry`s case,syrup )and being an accountant, are Arsenal doing the right thing, the way they are being run or should we sell our souls to the Devil, ala Chavs and City ?. :evil:
    I dont want a Swissy answer, just a short one please. :)

171. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Vikram, Your last sentence, Genius! :lol:

172. dandan says:

Vikram My wife and I stayed at the Mumbai Taj Mahal Palace by the India gate a few years ago, before it became quite so famouse :-)

We both love India and enjoyed travelling on too and exploring Goa for a few weeks over Christmas and the new year.

There are many who have travelled on here and will know your country well.

Have you seen The Arsena play in the flesh or is that a dream for the future.

As for the spuds you have to put a rupee in the swear box every time you mention them on here,

Welcome to AA we will enjoy sharing our Arsenal adventure with you.

173. Vikram Singh Negi says:

Dandan,
    Hate to correct you (apologies in advance) but its the Gateway of India that is in Mumbai. Have been there a few times myself.
    India Gate is another Indian monument which is in my hometown, New Delhi.

Goa is also amazing and around 500 kms from my last workplace in Pune. I have been there a couple of times, and I plan to spend the coming new year’s eve there.

Watching Arsenal play is a dream, something I WILL make happen one day. Only thing I regret is that I will never be able to visit Highbury. :(

I am glad that the Spurs (oh damn, here goes another rupee) thing only applies to this site, otherwise I would have lost more money than I will ever earn. ;)

174. Vikram Singh Negi says:

GLIC,

Thanks. And its true. :)

175. dandan says:

Nice one Vikram I am not always right LOL :-)

176. Damn, just realized that my last statement implies that I mention Spurs a lot. :D:D

Cornwall,

Syrup off, generaly we are doing the right thing. Some things could be done diffrently but in other areas we dont have much room for drastic change.

178. harry says:

Line of the day goes to Vikram,,,,,,,,

“And if I had a penny for every Spurs fan that I have met in India, I d still be waiting for my first penny.”

Anyway, a round of applause for Na$ri for making Man Citys Carling Cup Squad……..Fair play………

Na$ri can’t help it he’s a fat, money-grabbing twat who likes like Liza Minneli.

..looks like…

181. Vickram
    I must also praise your penny spud sentence. I nearly pissed myself. I’ve been to India. I stayed in Karol Bagh in Delhi and visited Hardwar and the Taj Mahal. I don’t eat beef and have Hindu meals on flights but I’m not Hindu. Sorry about the spelling of the place names. I seem to remember everyone playing cricket (it was 1985) and chess.

182. Someone called him a lesbian once. He does look a bit dykey

183. The shitty team has a few players that I’ve never heard of. $$lut has been subbed. Am I allowed to hope it’s because of an injury on here?

184. harry says:

lol, the cc $$ player has been subsitituted, oh how i laugh………!!!

185. Evening guys,

and Happy Diwali to you 26 & Vikram and all, just got in from letting off a few fireworks to add to the lights side of the festival for my 2 lads.

Good result last night albeit with only fleeting moments of quality which were on the whole supplied by my favourite meerkat.

I was looking for Rosicky/ KD Lang lookalike pictures and found this. Made me laugh.

Dot Cotton and Mark Hughes made me laugh the most.

187. GoonerIchael,

I was born in 1985 :P

188. Chas,

Gary Neville looks like a little dog, no matter what picture of his you see.

The one that made me laugh was Jimmy Bullard

189. Looks like it could be extra time for the bus stop in Fulham if the Toffees hold on.

Granted not many of that squad will face us on Saturday but it will drain them a bit – Chavs to go out on pennos after extra time please !

Vikram,

191. Extra time it is, and about half of the chavs would be first choice to start on saturday(Cech, Anelka, Malouda, Mikel, Ivanoic, Luiz & Alex) – let’s cross our fingers for some muscle pulls/strains for them :)
    Plus Mikel and Alex are on yellows, one more and they miss Saturday as well as Drog & Bosingwa.

192. Gooner in Exile says:

Chary is there anyway Cech Canberra sent off during pens?

If not lets hope for an injury then we’ll be facing Hilario as Turnbull has a suspension now :)

193. Extra time it is. :)

Chelsea have been reduced to 10 men.
    Likely features on Saturday, the likes of Luiz, Sturridge, Mikel, Malouda, Anelka are still on the field and coping against 11 of Everton.

194. Gooner in Exile says:

Canberra = can be obviously

195. They’re in extra time GiE – so 30 minutes for more potential Chav sendings off.

At the very least half the Chav team will have had 24 hours less recovery time than us and only 2 or 3 of our team last night are expected to play for us on Saturday anyway.

196. Chas

This is a classic.
    Scholes must regret scoring that derby day goal against City.

197. Gooner in Exile says:

GLIC to answer your ownership question, the simple answer for me is yes the board has done and is doing the right thing.

In my opinion the only way extra money should be raised is through Share Issues, I do not like the way either Chelsea or Man City are financed as it leaves the club owing the benefactor money or hoping they’ll write it off when they leave.

And I’ve said it before I would struggle to support the club if someone like Mansour bought us and doped us with money, look at City and the side they fielded in the CC today and I don’t want any part of it.

198. Chavs score….Malouda n Sturridge combine

199. Drenthe you plonker – now it’s 10 on 10.

200. Gooner in Exile says:

Pulis has just criticised Carraghers tackle with a straight face, have a look at your own team first twat face!

It was a bad tackle tho.

201. Carlito11 says:

Just got back from a stonking dinner involving scallops and cucumber ketchup and wing rib of beef with mushroom ketchup! Marvellous stuff but pales into significance to this:- “The wind turbine issue was simply the first opportunity I had to engineer a terminal falling out with the hideous crone. There was only ever going to be one winner.”
    Cheers all- happy days :-D

202. Gooner in Exile says:

Carlito that sounds an amazing dinner.

Give me the name of that place …. assuming its not just a friends dining room :)

Problem?
    Chu-Young Park on Youtube clip. Chu Young Park top right new signing pic, and yet J.Y.Park on his shirt.

Morning GiE.

205. evonne says:

Morning all
    GiE – don’t you like Tony Pulis :)

GiE,
    Any more thoughts on your plans if the worst happens next year?

207. evonne says:

Micky – don’t remind him, he was only joking. He’s a ‘Gunner till I die’

208. Gooner in Exile says:

Interesting read on Swiss Ramble although that was written before the full financial statements were made available to all on Arsenal.com

That said he may be a share holder and therefore have the full accounts.

But for me the article contained assumptions (reported as fact) and some annoyance over the early on pitch results. Also while some comparisons to others are offered for me they were only used in the negative sense and there were other situations which would have benefited.

I haven’t got time to write a detailed analysis, but I will pick up on a few issues in a post soon.

209. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning Micky if we were financially doped to the level of Citeh, I would be leading the formation of FC Arsenal.

I look at AFC Wimbledon and see how quickly they have returned to the leagues and think it wouldn’t be too bad. I’d have great difficulty supporting a team where my support counted for zero.

I can almost forgive City fans for their joyous mood. But they have lived in Uniteds shadow for so long it is understandable that they want something to crow about. But what have the club done to deserve it, how many chairmen, how many managers sacked in hope of improvement?

We got where we are by good ownership and loyalty to managers and players if that disappears so does my Arsenal.

We are the best “club” in the EPL, look at the kit room and back room staff employees, so many members of the same familys (Akers, Lewin etc). Because of that I’m proud to be a Gooner.

210. Carlito11 says:

The place is called “dinner” GiE- it’s inspired by ancient recipes and was an absolute food joy! Not cheap but luckily I wasn’t paying!
    Morning all!

211. Gooner in Exile says:

Evonne – whatever gave you the idea I don’t like Pulis?

AVB is next to feel my wrath….see him celebrating their win last night….what a cock….Anelka didn’t seem to happy about the cuddle at the final whistle. Then he tops it all by dedicating the win to John Terry (innocent until proven guilty but still a stupid comment)

212. Gooner in Exile says:

Thats Hestons new place isn’t it Carlito? I’ve looked at menu before should have remembered the cucumber ketchup.

Maybe I’ll treat the missus on the next trip to the smoke.

Micky,
    “Chu Young Park will wear the No 9 shirt at Arsenal. The striker prefers to be known as ‘Ju’ and will therefore have J. Y. Park as his shirt name.”

Morning all,

It gives me great pleasure to announce that there is a …

….New post …..

215. Logic games will aid you with education and also display on your personal LSAT, this might also be beneficial whenever trying to find into university. They are going to notice this this specific shall be just one something to include on the good list…

[...]Hide Park? – no longer « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

216. christmas present ideas, best christmas gifts, best christmas presents…

[...]Hide Park? – no longer « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

217. the recipe says:

the recipe…

[...]Hide Park? – no longer « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…