In the line of duty

Written by MickyDidIt89

After logging off last night , I became the recipient of some most disturbing news. I have been ousted as The Chairman of my local Wiff Waff Club (Ping Pong to some). It is a very small select club which makes pinpointing the bad seed very straightforward. You see, a minor incident took place at a less than sober gathering of the local Cider Circle on Thursday night at which a close friend and member of the Whiff Waff Club let slip to Mr Baxter (husband of Mrs Baxter) that two last minute re-scheduling of Wiff Waff Club meets were as a direct result of my Arsenal commitments. Now call me vindictive, but I can assure you the next time I am swinging the bat with Mrs Baxter, I shall not hold back. I only reluctantly let her join as a result of her very fine nibbles (which have turned out to be, shall we say, at best inconsistent) and certainly not as a result of either her conversational skills nor those of bat and ball.

This tale brings me nicely on to the subject of today’s post. How far have you been in the line of duty?

Like many here, I eagerly await a new seasons’ fixture list for two reasons. One is to see how the run-in looks and whether we are likely to become Champions on home soil, and the second reason is to head straight for the diary thus rendering myself “unavailable” for other distractions for one or two days of the year.

Of course shit happens, as indeed it did this week. Twice. Firstly, I had Marseille down for the Tuesday (hence re-scheduling The Wiff Waff Club to last night), and secondly my AFC Fixture List had Stoke down for Saturday. This works in my favour as it means I can go tomorrow, but this only shows how easily difficulties can arise, thus heaving at the strings of one’s loyalties.

My own favourite took place one day in the autumn of 1997. I had recently become engaged,  and the previous day my then girlfriend and I had resolved to put a day in the diary for the momentous occasion in the Spring of the following year. She later found me on the phone to the FA enquiring about the dates of the Cup Final. When asked I merely explained that my wedding day was to be the most important day of my life (cough 26.05.89) and could she imagine how distracted I may be poncing down the aisle with ear piece in as we headed into extra time at Wembley while chasing the double. You never know, I said, it could happen.

So it came to pass that a short week after goals from Marc Overmars and DennisBergkamp against Newcastle at Wembley saw us take The Double, ‘err outdoors become ‘err indoors. So all in all a happy tale of dual commitment and loyalty.

My message to Mrs Baxter: Kiss my pert arse!

111 Responses to In the line of duty

1. Red Arse says:

Morning Micky, :-)

You are straining my loyalty to the Rock.

That is such a beautifully constructed and flowing article, and full of humour, that I will have to advise my man ‘the Rock of AA’ that he has a serious competitor for my affections — and he will love your Post too! :-)

2. Red Arse says:

Hi Evonne, :-)

That was a great NEW POST announcement. I could not match that so I will look forward to more pearls from you. Peacher and the Rasp!

Go girl!! :-)

I suspect Mrs Micky would not be too happy about your offer to Mrs Baxter.

Fine stuff Micky, your offbeat humour is a shining light on AA.

As to commitment; I told mu current wife that Arsenal came first on our social agenda and would continue to do so throughout our marriage. So far so good.

But your mentioning 26.05.89 reminded me of the post I wrote about that evening

4. Red Arse says:

Hi Raddy, :-)

Just had a read of your article and Wow, that is ace too!

So glad I had the sense not to write anymore!! :-)

5. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning all, very funny post 26.

I got married in 2010. Told the then fiancée we would have a window of one week in June to do it….to make sure it missed end of regular season and start of World Cup when factoring in Honeymoon etc.

Certainly narrowed our choice of venues for wedding.

Evonne I’d love to park on your drive. Thanks :)

Still managed to miss opening game against the US.

6. 26may1989 says:

Exile, the credit is for Micky: but you’re right, top article that one. The politics of the Wiff Waff Club make for an entrancing start to the weekend. Will it be the first chapter in a new episode of Midsomer Murders??

I too scheduled my wedding (in the summer of 1998) around football. I copped a lot of criticism for openly saying the nuptials had to be slipped into the narrow window between the end of the World Cup and the beginning of the PL season. Due to venue availability issues, that did end up meaning a wedding on a Friday, which given that it was an Indian wedding and we had about 800 guests (pretty modest numbers for an Injun wedding), my insistence on no football clashes meant lots of people having to take days off work. Oh well…….

7. oz gunner says:

haha great post micky, love the humour. If i mentioned such a thing when discussing wedding plans i’d either:

1) get kicked in the groin, and be in the bad books for quite some time
    or
    2) punched in the gob and dumped

Mrs first, arsenal second

8. 26may1989 says:

Something to amuse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdocbecEfDg&feature=player_embedded.

The commentators’ quebecois French just adds to the sense of the ridiculous.

9. I knew Micky wrote the article but for some reason I typed 26, sorry Micky.

Oz you need to work on those priorities :D

26. Top work. That is devotion to the cause…

11. Worst ever wedding scheduling gaffe, a cousin of my wife arranged her nuptials for a three o’clock start 30th July 1966. Unbelievable!

12. oz gunner says:

correction: just asked her, if she comes first, wedding arrangements can be flexible.

@ GiE

worst moment in Fifa 12 history just happened, not only did i draw with manure at old trafford after rooney netted two in extra time, but Szcz handed in a transfer request and the board went against my wishes and traded him to bayern. Worse yet it i loaned out mannone and sold almunia so its fabs for 6 month or….BFG

BR,
    Just read your fabulous article. I cannot say how many times I have watched that game. Undelievable memories.
    26,
    That commentary is so funny I had tears rolling down my face :-)

14. 26may1989 says:

You are kidding LG, what planet were they on?? Didn’t they twig when they found all the venues so easy to book etc?!

Ahoy Evonne,
    I will text Chas and meet you all at The Tavern. Row 1 Upper North Bank. Yummeee, my favourite!
    Should be there soon after 12.

16. 26may1989 says:

Brilliant isn’t it Micky! And the knock out is just superb, cartoon stylee!!

26,
    Can you imagine the deals that were to be had. Like a penny pinching mate of mine who only takes holidays in war zones. He says he can great prices on hotels and flights!

18. Oz I tend not to play career mode stuff as it starts to blend with real life (sad I know), but when I used to play Championship Manager I often watched Arsenal wondering why my fourth division wonder signing was not starting in the heart of midfield and why Roy Keane wasn’t there alongside him :D

19. Red Arse says:

Micky,

Just a word of warning re antagonizing the Gods of Wiff, Waff.

I recounted on AA some time ago, the tale of dealing with some yobs in a car park and my small victory over them.

Three weeks ago I left my car in an almost empty supermarket car park while I picked up some much needed victuals.

When I got back I found one side of the front of the car (facing a wall) had been seriously stoved in, and with a smaller indentation on the rear fender, with no other car within 8 bays on either side.

Besides my self with rage because (a) it had happened, and (b) that the perp had disappeared, when suddenly an angel (in the guise of a car park attendant) walked over and said, “I saw what happened on the CCTV — and the guy who did it moved his car to the other end of the car park — and there he is now just getting in his car”.

I raced over to the other car, opened the door and invited the driver to step out and explain himself!

But here’s the rub – he was a tiny little fella in his mid seventies and he explained that he had moved his car to avoid doing any further damage, and then had gone to look for me, and bought his shopping while he was at it. My temper disappeared — how can you be angry with a little old guy? Of course I believed him — why wouldn’t I? :-)

He apologised, admitted liability, said he had been distracted, gave me his insurance details etc and I really felt sorry — for him.

Eventually I told my insurance company and they contacted the other company — they then got back and told me the little guy was denying liability and claimed that some mad giant had been the real culprit. Bastard!!

Fortunately, he did not know about the witness and the CCTV footage, and things got sorted. But I came close to having my previous car park encounter with the yobs reduced to minor league stuff!

Watch out for those Wiff Waff gods Micky! :-)

20. 26may1989 says:

Micky: Well if you’re going to be penny-pinching, you might as well go the whole hog!

RA: Well done. I would’ve gone in all guns blazing and then asked questions, and then apologised profusely. Your way is much better….

RA,
    Nothing further to worry about at this end. Today, I’m off to secure the most expensive table tennis bat money can buy. I shall then top spin, drop shot and smash Mrs B to kingdom come. Mercy will be in short supply at the next Wiff Waff Club Meet.

26,
    Just watched it again :-)

23. 26may1989 says:

Alright chums, time for me to do something useful. Have a good day.

Likewise here. Blue skies and sunshine. Outwards for me.

25. Pat7 says:

Great post Mickey!

My ‘duty’ was as a top speed skater – I missed my sister’s wedding as I was racing in France in an international (Tour de France style) which I loved every year (they didn’t check with me on their date) & missed my brother’s also – I think I got to the reception after the (Championship) race!

Oh well you can’t win them all :-)

26. oz gunner says:

@ RA

haha that story was as good as the last (the two blokes in the carpark), that bloody sneaking old man. haha mad giant!

27. pat says:

Great post Micky! I was trying to flog this video the other night but your post makes this more appropriate today:

“Wojciech Versus…
    Keeper takes on Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain at table tennis”

28. oz gunner says:

cheers for the link pat, that was hilarious

29. Red Arse says:

Pat7, :-)

You have been hiding your light under a bushell!! An international level speed skater, no less.

I will earn myself a pint or two telling my buddies I know such an athlete.

I was in Cyprus at approximately this time last year, for about 3 weeks, and the weather, even in late September/early October, was brilliant. Is it still warm and sunny this year?

You are a lucky devil, either way! :-)

30. Red Arse says:

Hi Oz, :-)

I am always learning.

What the car incident taught me is that sneaky, double crossing young men grow up to be sneaky, double crossing old men! :-)

31. I have missed many friends and family weddings in my days of playing football, but when your paid to play its a justifiable excuse. (When I say paid it was obviously just expenses met not for the Tax man to worry about obviously …. cough cough).

32. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Micky, thanks for a truly brilliant post! I had to read it twice to get the full value out of it, and if it is true you wrote this in less than an hour, then you are a genius :) Thank you for entertaining us today!

33. gunnern5 says:

RA;

I also had a car park incident, I’d just purchased a new Mercury Cougar and like yourself was at a shopping centre and I parked in a remote spot with no other cars in sight.

When I went back to my car there was another car parked next to mine, being concerned I checked the side of my car and there was a very large dent, and boy was I pissed.

I waited until the driver returned and showed him the dent – even though the paint left in the dent was the same colour as his car he denied any knowledge and said he was not responsible – which made me even more irate. So I leaned on my car, raised my leg, and using my heel I put a huge dent in his door – which I duly denied any knowledge of and drove off.

Sometimes revenge is sweet.

34. TotalArsenal says:

Thanks for the appropriate, brilliant video Pat :)

35. Red Arse says:

Well GN5 to cheer you up, here’s a joke before I go, which might get me into trouble! :-)

Billy went into a bar just before 10p.m., sat down next to a blonde and stared up at the TV.

The News came on and immediately cut to a man standing on a ledge of a tall building and threatening to jump.

The blonde turned to Billy and said “Do you think he will jump?”
    “Well do you know what” said Billy, “I think he will”

“Well I bet you £20 he won’t jump” said the blonde.

Billy put £20 on the bar and said with a smile “You’re on”

Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar, the man jumped to his death.

The blonde was very upset, but said “Fair enough, here’s the money”.

Billy grinned at her and said, “I can’t take your money, I already saw that on the 5 p.m. News, and I knew he jumped”.

“I saw it on the 5 p.m. News too “, said the blonde, “But I didn’t think he’d do it again!”

Billy took the money!! :-)

36. 26may1989 says:

GN5, if you were pissed it was probably your fault…… ;)

37. gunnern5 says:

Nice one 26M…………

38. oz gunner says:

@ RA

that is a very valuable lesson, next time i see that old man from the across the road watering the lawn i’ll be keeping a close eye on him. Who knows he could be taking note of my arrival and departure times, working on patterns so he can case the joint. And as for Mrs old man, whats she trying to hide with that brown dye job, no1 in their 80s had brown hair!

Thanks for the tip RA

39. oz gunner says:

Anyone else “Stoked” about tomorrows game?

sorry had to say it

40. TotalArsenal says:

Oz, yes I am! Our players know we will only win games like these if we give everything. It wont be pretty though!

Very nice avatar btw – you are getting very good at this. It is like a digital stamp! :)

41. goonermichael says:

Anyone going to the Tavern tomorrow?

42. evonne says:

GM – yeah, we all are :) Peaches and I, GiE, Micky, Chas, 26may….big crowd

Have all learnt the Shawcross chant?

43. goonermichael says:

What time are you getting there evonne?

44. Pat7 says:

Hi again RA, it’s about 24/16C currently but today was very hot in the sun – too hot for me! Last year it was still great in the sea in mid-December & I don’t mean in a ‘freezing British’ sort of way! This year I don’t think we’ll be so lucky as we’ve had the odd mean downpour already!

Earn another pint on the basis I rep’d GB in triathlon also..,,,,, I thought you knew my sporting history.

I’ve seen your skills are at least in writing – any books?

45. evonne says:

GM – be there for 12. Are you coming? That’d be great!!

46. Red Arse says:

Pat7,

No, I had no idea you were such an accomplished athlete, and in such difficult disciplines too. Kudos, my friend! :-)

Unfortunately my writing is totally unsuited to blogging, and I am fortunate the bloggers on AA are so tolerant. I used to write an occasional Post here and there, but realization dawned that I was pushing my luck. :-)

I have decided to stick to writing reports and project analyses more suited to an accountant.

How about you writing a Post? I seem to remember you promising to think about doing so. Your name would go up with the other Authors, and AAers are very appreciative and supportive of ‘new boys’! :-)

47. goonermichael says:

I’l be there evonne. I’m with my in laws from Japan and they’ll want to get into the stadium early though.

48. Gooner in Exile says:

RA your cunning plan to avoid the Peaches claw is not lost on me.

Evonne 26 is not coming tomorrow, I am in his seat :)

49. evonne says:

GiE – oh ok, did you get my pcode and house number of Peaches?
    GM – looking forward to meeting you x

50. Pat7 says:

Despite being an avid Arsenal fan since about ’61, I’ve been busy with my own ‘activities’ & don’t really know enough on that score. I did do one for Rico on nutrition before the season started…….

Like most fans, I can’t understand what AW has been doing in the past 6 years: the blind/weak spots have been there for years; the sheer waste with weak free kicks & corners; lack of leadership; brainless activities on the pitch & lack of graft/will to win.

Maybe we’ll get HIS story at a later date but I’m sure he could have done better at solving the obvious………. Maybe he’s on the right track now but we still need a fox in the box since Eduardo was crocked and some true grit from a lot of the players – I loved Frank McLintock for that!

51. Red Arse says:

Pat7,

I understand.

In my view what sets Kozzer out above many others, is not his ability, (which is fine) but instead it’s his sheer doggedness and determination not to give an inch, despite the occasional setbacks. The same is true of Chezzer, Song, Jenks, Rambo and Jack. Perhaps the tide is turning. :-)

Perhaps these two will form the basis of a new approach similar to Frank McLintock – altho’ I never saw him play.

I don’t think many on here saw your Post on nutrition, so maybe you could reprise it for us on AA. :-)

52. Gooner in Exile says:

Evonne, no Peaches has not yet fulfilled pimp responsibilities :)

53. Gooner in Exile says:

She has now :)

54. evonne says:

I know, she phoned me and requested that I wear a fur coat tomorrow, no chance! I was spat at enough times not to risk it again

You can wear it though, it is loose fit :)

I am so looking forward to the game…..I won’t sleep tonight

55. Are you watching the mighty Norwich GiE?

Norwich are doing well. Decent team.

57. Hi Raddy – your friend has been in touch, he’s going to come to the Tavern to pick up his tickets. He’ll get to meet evonne in her fur coat :)

58. harry says:

Nice read Micky, Gutted not going tomorrow, flipping sunday games! Call of duty to my team…..

Anyway Mighty Norwich got a point at Anfield, win tomorrow, and we are only two points behind Liverpool……….slowly slowly, gently gently, we are recovering……….

59. Right, we’re going to need someone to write a match report after tomorrows game – someone who will definitely have access to the game on tv – could be one of our overseas bloggers? Anyone fancy putting their name to it?

60. Hi harry – gonna miss you tomorrow :(

61. evonne says:

Peaches stop this!! I am going to give my fur coats to your daughter anyway, she loves furs

Raddy – don’t listen, you know I am a good catholic girl :) Is your friend handsome? Must read your prematch tomorrow before the game.

62. evonne says:

Harry and Chary, and Sharkey – hi guys

What about London, where is he? I’d love to meet him

63. Pat7 says:

RA – Done!

I think you’re right about Kozzer & all those you suggested + Vermaelen, VP (of course) & Coquelin but Song has some lazy/brainless moments as in the closing period of last week when I thought he could have been sent off 2-3 times (2nd yellow) with a different ref e.g. Dowd.

64. Pat7 says:

I forgot Mr Reliable: Sagna……

65. Maybe Song is invisible to some :)

66. The way results went today, tomorrows game is looking tasty for moving up the table -notcountingchickensbeforetheyarehatched …… ;)

Evonne

I would like to meet you too, although, have I not seen you before? You are quite tall if I remember, forgive me if I am mistaken. Anyway the thing is these early kick offs make thngs so difficult. I have made arrangements to cycle the 10 hills of Hampstead, Highgate taking in the Ally Pally, think of me the next time you drive up Muswell Hill, where was I, oh yes, and so I am not sure if I will be able to get to the Taven in time to see all you lovely people, so if I am unable to make it I hope you all have a good pre-match chin wag.

68. Pat7 says:

Peaches,

I do rate him – he breaks up so many moves but he just overdoes it at times…………….and any (brainless) yellow cards (like VP taking his shirt off) cost us in the end when we have only half a squad!

69. evonne says:

LB – is that you London? Sorry, I haven’t realised you changed your name. Gosh, now I need to go back and read LB comments, they are important :)

I don’t think we have met, but I’d better ask Peaches
    Enjoy your ride, I love Muswell Hill and Highgate, lived there for 15 years, but there is no way I could cycle up that hill :)

Brilliant Micky.
    Tell me, do you really have a Whiff Whaff club, and was the name inspired by Boris’s mention of WW in China when London was awarded the Olympics?

My line of duty is not about missing something important to go to an Arse game.

It was traveling back from Los Angeles (where I was living at the time) for the cup final at Cardiff versus Man Utd. I arrived at heathrow crack of dawn on Saturday (managed about two hours kip on the plane). Train from Paddington – heavily delayed, missed first 15 mins of game. Terrible game in which we played more like a GG team than an AW team, but great to win on pens. Train back to London (massive delays again), tube to Heathrow, back to LA. This time I slept all the way home :)

72. Hi Evonne, knowing you’re going to be wearing your furs(the seconds best type of coat for a woman in my opinion) I’m doubly annoyed at not being able to be at the Tavern tomorrow.

However I hope you are going to the Marseille game where I’ll see you, Peachy and the gang.

Top giggle MDi89 – I wish I could inject humour into my posts – my tactic is to bludgeon the reader with lots of words !

I’ve read this post twice and still have absolutely no idea what it’s
    about !

See you all tomorrow.

74. Oh, football and other duties ……….. so many to choose from ………

FA cup tie against Cardiff, March 2009, my grandmothers 100th birthday weekend!!!! Booked my tickets before the ko was decided and then found there was a party. My mum said if I had to, i should go to the footie ( like I was 17 ;) ) – pretty cool of her really but I knew that I had to miss the game. Sometimes I have to be a grown up :(

75. evonne says:

Chas – ha ha ha; it is all about priorities. For Micky Arsenal is more important than the Wiff Waff club and because of that he was grassed up and is no longer the Chairman at the club.

I blew my date last week becasue I was going to the game. My motto is love me, love my dogs and Arsenal :) Not asking for much :)

76. evonne says:

Chary – have you sent your CVs out to agencies yet?

77. charybdis1966 says:

Maybe I should Evonne, I miss my daytime blogging chums. :( The blog gestapo are in control at work. Bet they are spuds !

78. harry says:

Thanks Peaches……………

Might go to Bolton midweek depending on work, you going? any spares?

79. charybdis1966 says:

Going back to the actual post, I missed the 98 FA cup final as I was ordered to take my sister on a booze cruise to Calais to stock up for her wedding reception. I should have known that was a portent of future trouble, her husband to be turned out to be a manc. Yuck.

80. oz gunner says:

@ TA

cheers, i get bored during study and lectures sometimes and therefore tend to fiddle about with stuff on my laptop.

I definently am too, i hate stoke with a passion and there is something really satisfying about beating them. especially when the whole game you’re on the edge of your seat because of the constant set piece threat. Huth will most likely be playing at RB, so hopefully his lack of speed with give us every chance to attack down his flank. However at set pieces it means we have to worry about the height of crouch, huth, woodgate/upson, shawcross, and most likely k.jones late on. Thankfully though out of all them i’d say only jones, huth and crouch offer an actually threat in the air.

BFG vs Crouch
    Djourou vs Huth
    Kozza vs Jones

81. TotalArsenal says:

Oz, what exactly are you studying?

I hate Stoke too. I was there when Shawcross broke young Aaron’s leg and it was not just an accident. They could not stand the way we were playing our best brand of football, far superior to theirs, and they were determined to sort us out physically. I thought Fabregas and Sol Campbell were brilliant on that day though – real leaders when it mattered.

If we start the game with the right attitude and tempo then they will not get many chances to do us on a throwie (You are just a f*cking throwie, just a f*cking throwie). With Arteta and Song shielding the defence in midfield, I think we will be ok. But, who will play in the hole? –> this could be the day for Aaron’s (professional) revenge.

82. oz gunner says:

that would of been horrible to have been there and seen that incident. I was at a pub and saw it on the big screen, its devasting seeing an injury like that, especially at his age. As for the media ‘poor shawcross he was destroyed mentally, so much so his mum had to drive him home’ guess that makes it all ok then.

I’m glad people give him stick about that because hes a useless football player, ban the towel and he’d be out of business. I’d go for Ramsey as he’ll definently want to get his revenge, plus the midweek goal would have him choc full of confidence.

Nearly finished my Bachelor of Science (major human biology and forensics), then off to get my masters in forensics and hopefully a PhD

83. TotalArsenal says:

Oz, it was horrible indeed. Just that eery, sudden silence of the entire crowd and the players all acting hysterical. The Arsenal away section was luckily far away from where Aaron lay on the pitch, so I could not see him very well.

It is actually quite funny at the Brittannia stadium when Delap is about to take a ‘throwie': the Stoke crowd start to sing ‘Rory is going to get you, Rory is going to get you’, he then throws the ball and for a second or two it is very quiet, until the ‘bomb’ drops and the players and crowd go apeshit: it is primitive but in another sense facinating!

Forensics sounds great – you are not the squeamish type then? I had a quick look at Wiki and it seems quite a broad field of study.

84. TotalArsenal says:

fascinating not facinating

85. pat says:

I soo want Ramsey to get a goal or two vs Stoke. I too am part of the “down with Stoke” brigade. Team confidence will be high and is the perfect time to take down those knuckle dragging *%$#@!

Rocky,
    Wow, and I was about to have a moan about long distance travel! To answer your question, yes I really do have a Wiff Waff Club (spelling open to debate) and yes in part as a result of that speach although here is a wiki definition:
    Wiff Waff was the name given to a game that the lords would play on large dinner tables using cigar box lids as paddles and a cork as the object. It was thought that the game was frst played over 300 years ago. The game evolved into table tennis and then nicknamed ‘ping pong’. The term wiff waff was given to the game because of the sound the paddle and the cork would make when struck together.

Rob,
    Love the article, particularly the line about him moving to the countryside for a quieter life!

Setting off now. See you all at The Tavern.

89. evonne says:

see you soon Micky kiss kiss

90. evonne says:

oz – what is that on your new avatar? cannot see :(
    Masters in biology? Good lad, congrats

91. Gooner in Exile says:

ETA at Evonnes 10:30

92. evonne says:

GiE – kettle on at 10:15 :)

93. oz gunner says:

Morning all

@ TA

glad you were not close up to the incident at the time.
    It is a very broad field, after masters i’ll have to pick my area of study for my PhD, most likely ballistics. Nah not squeamish at all, intrigued if anything.

@ Evonne

thank you, its tony adams holding up the premier league trophy, in front of the old arsenal crest

94. evonne says:

Oz – aha, Tony Adams. I look a lot like him:)

95. oz gunner says:

@ Evonne

hopefully not his bearded years haha. truly a legend that man

96. evonne says:

Oz – yes, great footballer. Bit of a weirdo, but I like him for it even more.
    Did you know that he played most games completely off his face? How would he play had he been sober?? Legend
    How is he getting on in Azerbejdzan, do you know? I wish he came back and joined the coaching staff at the Ems

97. oz gunner says:

All i know is he got gabala to seventh in the azerbejdzan league, and was in an article last season saying he’d stay for a decade there if it were up to him.i agree,I wish he came back to arsenal in some capacity. Keown, adams, henry and dennis back at arsenal would do us wonders.

It’s amazing to think he played off his face so often, i’ve played aussie rules matches after a night on the turps and i didn’t fair to well.

98. evonne says:

Oz – ha ha ha :) you are a big softie, clearly :)
    I was much better at footy in my drinking days

99. oz gunner says:

haha yeah i hear thats the case for alot of people. Something about running full tilt and getting the stuffing knocked out of you, whilst suffering from a hangover that doesnt feel to good. But hey thats just me whinging haha

100. evonne says:

Cesc gets slapped by Freddie Kanoute and Messi missed a penalty in 93 minute!!! Well done Sevilla!!!

101. oz gunner says:

apparently cesc called him a terrorist. Bloody barca i hope they lose the title to real and crumble

All good. On a train to cheer on The Gunners while waiting for the pre match Big Raddy

103. oz gunner says:

fabregas as turned into a diver like the rest of them

104. harry says:

GIE, make sure you sing for me as well big fella, gutted not going…….

Text me the goals as they flow in!! will be at my match……

Has anyone volunteered a match report yet?

Nag nag nag …………………….

106. oz – are you going to watch the game on tv? Could you write a match report?

107. lethal commissions…

[...]In the line of duty « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

108. Big Fat Cigar…

[...]In the line of duty « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…