What a Difference a Day Makes …………………….

Arsenal 3-0 Bolton

Written by Jamie

I can remember as a kid being on holiday. After two days of solid rain suddenly the morning gave way to a raft of sunshine. My Grandfather walked down to the steps to the swimming pool with a cool drink and Dinah Washington’s seminal hit “What a Difference a Day Makes” soothing the hot air.

As I was leaving the stadium yesterday the memory flooded my mind. On a sunny September Saturday afternoon Arsenal walked out of the storms and traumas of the last few months and into a fragile but hopeful light.

The first half was nervy, van Persie curled a shot close from outside the area. Gervinho showed all the composure of a thirteen year old boy with his father’s razor when clean through on goal he ran the ball to the keeper’s arms. With the half edging away van Persie had a shot blocked.

Arsenal were nervy but on top although our big pole between the poles was called in to action to make a great save early on.

Le Gaffer earned his money at half time as the team came out confident, eager and energised. They were rewarded almost immediately as referee Mark Battenberg waved play on and Ramsey fed van Persie who found room to fire inside the near post. Piece of cake.

Wheater was then sent off for pulling Walcott back when through on goal.

Van Persie went close with a header, and just wide with another shot.

Walcott then laid one on a plate for van Persie in the six yard box for his hundredth in an Arsenal shirt. My sister remarked that it was a “Smudger goal”. On reflection, I think she was right.

Walcott had a hat-trick of chances and fluffed the lot. However Walcott, Gervinho and van Persie were all dangerous and interchanged brilliantly in the second half, Bolton couldn’t cope.

Walcott suffered an injury in the dying moments as he felt a sharp pain in his knee as he was giving chase to a loose ball on the break.

We still defend too high up the pitch, we still don’t get enough pressure on the ball, we are still too open but we are getting better.

Three points, three goals, a good performance and 100 up for the skipper.

Enjoy Match of the Day, Enjoy the Sunday rags.

What a difference a day makes, hey?

Player ratings

Sir Chesney – 7 Great save, solid.

Sagna – 7 His usual self, made the third goal.

Gibbs – 7 Second good game in a few days, great to have a left back that can actually play in the opponents half for the first time in years.

Mertesacker – 7 Best game yet, calm and assured.

Koscielny – 6 Shaky start but did ok.

Song – 7 You know what you are getting, great goal too.

Arteta – 7 Never gives a bad pass but neither he or Ramsey dominates a game, they need too.

Ramsey – 6 Involved in two goals but actually on the outskirts of the game for long patches.

Walcott – 6 Some good, some bad, some ugly but always dangerous.

Gervinho – 7 Good ball skills and a lovely dribble on the by-line in front of the North Bank, Movement was great.

RvP – 9 Two goals, six meaningful attempts, lead the team. Outstanding.

The subs had about as much impact as a fortnight in Mallorca would have on David Dein’s orange glow. Bugger all.

68 Responses to What a Difference a Day Makes …………………….

Great stuff Jamie, thanks.
    Two things. I wouldn’t say Robin’s second was on a plate, and actually what worries me is that I don’t think anyone else would have put it in the back of the net. Second, I think your ratings are spot on. It would have been easy to put a little too much gloss on the performance.
    As you very rightly point out, “What difference a day makes”.

2. holly says:

Jamie,
    What a difference a day makes indeed, I actually watched match of the day for the first time this season. Hansen still managed to irritate the pants off me with his ‘van persie doesn’t lead by example’ nonsense. Just how scoring two goals is not leading by example I do not know! The trick to watching motd I’ve now discovered is to start watching it on a 15 minute delay so you can simply fast forward all the inane chatter between the game highlights!
    I do think we are over reliant on his goals but then manyoo failed to win yesterday in the absence of Rooney, so provided Robin stays fit (yeah, I know) it shouldn’t be a problem.

Just a word about Ramsey and the assertion in yesterday’s comments that he was on a par with denilson. I accept that yesterday he didn’t have a fantastic game and of the 3 midfielders he was third best. In spite of this however he assisted the first goal with a driving run forward, he played the sumptuous pass through for Theo’s red card and he assisted the assister for our third goal. Now all that was him below par. I may be wrong but I’m thinking denilson would have to have had one of his best ever games to match that performance. I’m just saying……:-)

This time next week we’ll be on our way to shite hart lane knowing that if we beat them we go above them……….nice thought, if perhaps a little fanciful!

3. 26may1989 says:

Cheers Jamie, good write-up.

Taking your ratings as a cue, I think I’d have a different take on some players.

Szczesny’s early save from Pratley showed good reactions but it was also fairly close to him. I’d have been gutted if he had let that one in. And he also needlessly exposed us to pressure when he bizarrely chose to pass to Mertesacker when several Bolton players were close by. Nothing came of it, but it was a very poor choice from the keeper.

Song had an epic game I thought – he and van Persie were the stand-out players yesterday. E.g., Song’s pass to put Walcott clear was (dare I say it) Cesc-esque!

Walcott missed one excellent chance to score, and a couple of tougher ones, but he was often at the centre of our attacking moves. His assist for van Persie’s second was excellent, but there were plenty of other examples of him carving open the Bolton defence with deft little touches with the outside of his boot and crosses. Not a perfect performance from him but a very decent performance. I’m praying he’s available for the Spurs game, he could make a big difference.

Gervinho was I thought decidedly off form yesterday, he just didn’t seem able to impose himself. But as someone said last night, he was always making himself available.

A good day for us, and a step in the right direction. We even made two points up on Man United! :)

Something we don’t often get to say: a good performance from the referee yesterday. Battenburg may be a bit of a wally but he didn’t get a thing wrong yesterday, and played the advantage excellently for our second.

And was very good to see the crew at The Tavern: long time, no see for Chary, and was good to see Mr and Mrs Exile down from Worzel-land. And was lovely to see Peaches, Carlito, Harry and the junior Raspette too. (Peaches, I know I owe you a tenner – you’ll get that on Weds if you’re there.)

26,
    Totally agree with your points about Song. I made the case the other day for the Song/Frimpong axis in that many perceive it to be a more defensive line up, whereas I believe they both add so much forward going urgency and momentum.

Taking the children swimming now, so have a great day one and all.

6. Red Arse says:

Good report Jamie and pretty much sums up my view too. :-)

The result and the performance was very gratifying, and certainly lifted the spirits.

To be a bit picky, I think we need to press harder when we don’t have the ball, and I notice you thought this needed work on too. It is getting better but there is room for improvement.

7. oz gunner says:

Micky personally i’d go for a coq and song axis, as coq adds more on the passing front, the other week when we saw frim he was a bit wayward. Coq showed his capabilities midweek with that cut-back and long balls over the top. The song/pong partnership so far has left them both wayward in a positional sense, so it’ll be good to see when they get used to one another on the pitch, espeically in away CL games, or man city away ect

8. A good and fair write up Jamie,

That was a good performance yesterday, confidence boosting and allowing our defence to get to know each other. I hope Wenger doesn’t mess around and make too many changes for Wednesday. I’d like to see the same back four play together for a few games.

A good result against Olympiakos and it will be time to unleash our secret weapon against the Spuds.

9. oz gunner says:

@ RA

definently agree it could be better. We are a long way off of barca in that sense.

@ Holly

agree, a ramsey poor game = denilsons best. I be a very happy man if i never see that jogger take the pitch for us again. How could you see someone (jenas) make a run and you just let him past and jog after him?! bloody hell i despise him!

10. gunnern5 says:

Jamie,

I would say what a difference a second half made.

For the most part we were second best in the 1st half, we were out muscled and erratic, not nervous but erratic.

Most of our good opportunities, in the 1st half, were centered around Gervinho and he did a great job of muffing the chances, he continues to run into blind alleys seldom makes a telling last pass.

Our defense was all at ends for the first twenty five minutes and we were fortunate not to have been scored against – what a difference that would have made.

Maybe PR was involved in the half time because we came out a different team, a quick goal created confidence and the red card was our ace in the hole – it made a significant difference.

Obviously I’m not as overjoyed as most people, of course I’m happy we won and happy with a better overall performance but that does not blind me to our huge defensive flaws. The most worrying part is that we still cannot defend against set plays and our defensive headers invariably go to the opposition

Let’s see how we make out next weekend against Spurs – that could make a real difference in our mood.

11. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Jamie,
    Two days of solid rain, You must have been down here!.
    Off to look at some plants with a spring in my step and a smile on my face, then back to watch the game on Arsenal player. Oh, and the Suns just come out!. Simple pleasures make life great. :)

Nice report, everythings so nice today! :)

12. VCC says:

Good report Jamie.
    Ratings spot on.
    Only worry I have is IF Persie gets injured, I can’t see where the goals would come from. I hope Wenger has something up his sleeve.
    All in All a satisfying result, and well pleased with a clean sheet.

13. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning all very fair match report Jamie…for me the team battled out the first half and had a fair amount of pressure but as last season the ball and player movement stagnated around the area with Bolton trying to fill the box with as many bodies as possible. That said we did create a few chances around the box and shots were taken from outside the penalty area.

The second half we played with more pace, Gervs touch and turn which led to Ramsey racing onto the ball was beautiful and took a defender (the one that fouled him) out of the game, as 26 said good that Battenberg played the advantage.

26 and I were discussing fans leaving early on the walk down to the ground, what really annoyed be yesterday was how many seats were emptying from about ten minutes to go, some would have missed Songs goal. And yesterday with RvP walking off with 100 goals to his name how nice would it have been to see him receive a standing ovation from a packed Emirates at the final whistle.

Quite amazing that RvP has scored 25 in 31 games since Christmas, what are the odds on him being 4th in top goalscorers for the club if we get a full season from him?

14. Red Arse says:

Everyone would hope you are right, GIE, about the RVP story being nonsense, trouble is they/we have form.

Barca wanted Cesc. Shitty wanted Nasri and Clichy.

We know what the result of the above was.

Money talks and Arsene has already said he is worried about keeping our team together, and that our salary structure does not fill him with any confidence in extending player contracts. :-(

Law needs to get on the case early and get those contracts sorted.

If we get to next Summer without the players being signed up, then like the Nasri deal, the Board will let RVP, Theo, Vermalaen etc go, because they will not be able to turn down £70m (maybe) and risk them going for nothing in 2013.

I think the knock on effect is that AW might then call it a day too.

15. Carlito11 says:

Just finished waking up to recorded motd! Great report jamIe and great to see so many AAers in the tavern pre-match.
    I thought theos overall contribution was quality- he’s starting to become a much more important player for us and his teamwork switching positions- particularly with rvp yesterday helped us win the match in the second half.
    I’m not sure ramsey’s there yet- too many back passes and blind alleys but he’ll get there I’m sure. Song and RvP were quality!
    One of my favourite things about yesterday was seeing the clock end standing and singing regularly. Even heard “we’re the clock end highbury” from our position on the north upper- possibly the first time I have!

16. Gooner in Exile says:

So glad it reached you Carlito, we gave it our best to get it going but unfortunately too many looked on blankly.

17. harry says:

Nice write up Jamie, agree with 95% of it, will expand later………

In between matches, Reece’s U13’s won 9-0!!

Played 3 Won 3 For 16 away 0!!! – wish that was arsenal…….

Must be my defensive coaching!! and i jhavent been doing it for 32 years!!

Well off for my u18’s now!!

Later all

18. Gooner in Exile says:

Looking at attendance figures I reckon at least half of the away end was empty. They were a lot fuller last season.

The North Bank stood for a lot of the second half too.

19. Jamie says:

Micky – I would only say RVPs second was on a plate for a true striker, I did compare him with Smudger. Thats some compliment in my book.

Holly – I would never accuse Ramsey of being Denilson. I completely agree that ha did important things again. He reminds me of David Platt on the fringe of things until a break is on, then he gets interested. I think it is hard playing the third man in midfield and he is learning. I would rather see Frimpomg at Spurs next week though. I feel we need two protecting the back four. Agree on Motd. ;)

26- I was behind the Sir Chesney save. It always looks better.

Gunnern5 – fair enough. They are a side low on confidence and that showed first half but inthink they got a grip after the first twenty. I think we defend too high and with not enough pressure. PR might have been involved at half time.

20. Fatgingergooner says:

You Gooners make me chuckle!

We have had to endure an absolute torrent of abuse and poor performances over the last month. We finally get a 3-0 win and you wanna pick the bones out of it!

Clean sheet, 100 for RvP and a solid performance. Even Walcott played well!!!

Nevermind comparing Ramsey with Denilson, or worrying about wether Szscesnys save was that good, or wether Arteta controls game. That can all come later.

For now, enjoy the win and the warm glow from that rey of sunshine that Jamie eludes to.

Come on you Gooners!

21. SharkeySure says:

Song was imperious yesterday, and I agree that some of his passes were Cesc like. He really is becoming more and more crucia lto every game we play.

Still bloody annoyed that a player missed three crucial games for doing something as stupid as he did.

I thought Ramsey gave us good energy in midfield.

RVP was quality.

Defensively we seem to be heading in the right direction, although I still feel that Gibbs plays like a man who has a Cup Final next week that he is saving himself for.

22. Gooner in Exile says:

Just realised I am in Chalfont St Peter for a couple of nights this week……hmmmm Tavern then Olympiacos? My hotels never have Sky.

23. GiE,

Steer clear of the Chalfonts!

24. Gooner in Exile says:

I have to go for at least one night a month LG so hard to avoid them, don’t tend to stay too close as hotels are rip off. But if I can find a hotel close to tube in Rickmansworth or Watford could well be worth the trip :)

25. Fatgingergooner says:

See Armand Traore is improving!? So glad we got rid.

Jamie . Thank you for a fine match report. Agree with the ratings.

Been a beautiful day here in CPH. The World Championship of Cycling has been taking up much of my week , the time trials course went right past my front door and I was giving cups of Yorkshire tea to all and sundry.. Today’s race was fantastic and there were hundreds of Brits cheering the team on. If you are not a fan, Mark Cavendish became Britain’s first World Champion for 40 years in a nail-biting finish. Great stuff and we are celebrating with a fine bottle of Champers.

LG. I love a bit of rhyming slang.

Comparing squads I think there is a very good argument that Spurs have a better squad than ours and now though pleased with the win we still look so vunerable in defence. There aren’t many worse teams than Bolton at the moment and they had cahill missing.
    I have now watched the game again and it is frightening how reliant we are on RVP.

Song is another enigma.Had a really good game yet can have a dreadful game next time. This is the problem to an extent, a lack of consistency which we might build on, and as stated before no games are easy.

A few weeks back it was mentioned that we shouldn’t fall into the same trap as we did with Nasri, but come january Vermaelen RVP,Arshavin,rosicky and Wilshere enter the last 2 year phase of their contracts and it shouldn’t be ignored.many will say we wont miss arshavin and rosicky especially but we are a far different list of players as of two years ago, and it has been publically stated even though it is the obvious that we can’t match the wages of the big 3.chelsea can spunk 50 million on Torres and still compete,but we can’t afford those type of luxuries.
    it is up to a point for the players to stand up and play to their maximum but some in the squad are still learning, others are new to the team and others just aren’t good enough.IMO investment is still needed in january but will it be forthcoming.
    We are fighting for 4th at best this season which gives me no pleasure to write so early in the season and hopefully the team will gel gradually but without a strong defence and a few more options in attack we are in for a roller coaster ride .

Sorry jamie i forgot to mention well done on the match report.

I used to do them and apart from the score they are not easy to write as everyone sees something differently even if they are supporting the same side.

Kelsey. Not many around so I will discuss your comment. Basically, I disagree completely :-)

If we had only 5 men standing we would have a better squad than Spurs. Your suggestion goes against all that is natural.

Bolton are a decent team who have already played MC, MU, us and L’pool. They have had a dreadful start but will finish mid-table as usual.

RvP. The chances are created for RvP by the rest of the team. No question he is a vital cog but two points should be made; he appears to be fitter and stronger than ever and touch wood could go a season uninjured (I don’t want to put a bok on him :-) ) And, we can score without him – we have a whole new attacking line up, Chamakh, Gerv and Theo have already scored and we have more options than previous seasons.

Song has been a tower of strength this season and IMO is one of the best DMF’s in the PL. Standing on Barton wasn’t smart – understandable but stupid.

It is too early to predict our final league position.

I believe that by Xmas we will have the strongest defence we have had since the Invincibles. The new players need to bed in but already show signs of considerable promise.

Supporting AFC is always a roller-coaster ride.

I agree about further investment in January.

31. Gooner in Exile says:

Kelsey out of interest I wondered where you got Wilsheres contract expiry from, I thought he signed new long term last year, otherwise I agree about signing up players, just figured Jack would have been signed on a Cesc like long termer last season.

Raddy,

one of us will be right :)

GIE: jack signed a new deal in november last year and it has never been discosed for how long a period. Of course I want him to stay a future captain of club and country but it will depend on how we do, and if we continue to be in transition contracts can be broken.
    i am not very good at expressing myself in type but if we have a bit of quality in the team they want others to join.

Wenger said in May last year year that the hardest thing for him to do would be to keep the squad togethr, probably because he knew our wage constraints and of course that didn’t help but of course there were/are other factors to consider.

BR

you said,

Well if that happens i will invite you to my villa for a month :) unfortunately we are moving.

34. VCC says:

Hi Kelsey. Are you coming back to England?

Hi VCC,
    not a discussion for the blog my friend, too complicated but hopefully end up in South of france

Kelsey,
    I too believe that by Xmas we will have the strongest defence we have had since the Invincibles.
    Can I come?
    (It called a punt).

Bloody hell Micky,

I can account for Raddy’s reasoning because of his age, but you as well ;)

Kelsey,
    I don’t believe a word of it, but just like your arrangement with Raddy, its now in print and therefore its a legal contract, so just “if” then you owe me a holiday.
    Oh, and I travel with a massive entourage :-

Ooops, left off my mouth :-)

Off again.

It’s amazing how quickly you make close friends :)

When we first moved here nearly 11 years ago people we hadn’t heard from for years all started phoning or writing to us saying how they would love to come to Marbella as they would love to see us again and all that bollocks.

42. VCC says:

Are you trying to say you wouldn’t like a bunch of AA’ers turn up at your villa for a weeks boozing Kelsey?

We would all have an amazing time, with like minded people all getting smashed and singing Arsenal songs while we watch videos of past glories.

43. London says:

“Gervinho showed all the composure of a thirteen year old boy with his father’s razor when clean through on goal”

I love this line, top drawer Jamie.

44. London says:

It staggers me that there are still people out there who cannot see this.

“Contracts. What do you suggest? We offer the money and the agent says “No”. What then? The club were negotiating with Nasri for months prior to summer, then he hung us out to dry. If MC etc offer RvP double his wages, what do we do? if we match them MC will just double up again.”

London,
    I bet you spend much of your life being staggered, what with this, that and stuff :-)
    Nite all.

Thanks for the report, Jamie.
    Battenberg was a new one on me and I had to think twice if it was his real name.

Brigham, (from the end of yesterday’s post)
    Sorry we all missed you yesterday. It may have been my fault because I always try to find a seat inside the pub to accommodate the 86 year old we take to the home games. Mr and Mrs GIE found us inside, then others came in too, so the lampost spot was forgotten about. Mind you, many turn up from 2pm onwards so would have missed you anyway.
    Apologies again.

47. Gooner in Exile says:

Brigham, I too apologise I hadn’t seen mention of a Yellow 71 top as I’ve not been on blog much this weekend. I think I arrived about 1:30 and was looking around, I did see someone leaning on lamppost but in a brown shirt so am glad I didn’t go introduce myself. Next time we’ll get Peaches to organise a where’s Brigham placard to hold up. It’s enjoyable to meet up with fellow AAers especially if like me you normally travel alone to the game.

So anyone got a spare for Olympiakos? Or do I need to go buy General Sale?

Jamie makes exceedingly good match reports.
    (older readers will get it :) )

The only things I’ll take issue with on your ratings Jamie is that I would knock Gerv down to 6, because pretty much everything he tried did not come off. Although, as I said last night, he never hid and never stopped trying so I am completely confident he will turn into a vital player for us.

And I would put Ramsey up to a 7. I particularly watched out for his performance yesterday after someone likened him to Denilson. I was struck by how much thrust and forward momentum he provided throughout the game. Sometimes he took the wrong option, which will improve with experience.

I thought your comment about our MFs having good games but not dominating was very astute. Song came closest to doing so, while Arteta always looked composed on the ball and always seemed to have an extra second or two. Again, I’m sure that as they grow more used to playing with each other they will get better and better.

Kelsey, BR
    The biggest single thing we can do to keep our big name players is to win something this year. If Robin lifts a cup as our captain he will be less likely to be seduced away next year.

I’m with BR (on the more optimistic side of the force). but don’t worry Kelsey – I can bring a sleeping bag. :)

50. Gooner in Exile says:

Interesting you agree with Jamie on the midfield Rocky….for me if Bolton tried to play through it we cleaned up, they had most success bypassing midfield (altho 3 shots is hardly success).

And in the second half despite one counter attack our defence did not look troubled, and Davies failed to intimidate as he normally does, Kozzer was prepared for it.

Just seen the De Gea “wonder saves” the first he throws the wrong hand at it so should save if he uses his left hand and the second he nearly let’s through, and Crouch goal he is rooted. He will chuck in a few this year.

We’ve kept more clean sheets than Man Utd in the league so must be doing something right? :D

51. Fatgingergooner says:

Fact is, if we are winning things then contracts won’t be a problem. Players will not leave a winning team for money or anything else. If we win things, then all the best players will want to join the club, even if Man City can pay more.

52. 26may1989 says:

Exile

Good spot re the clean sheets – and since Chelsea have only achieved one clean sheet in six games (versus our three), should we assume they need a defensive coach brought in??

(OK, the fact Chelsea have conceded half the number of goals we have may undermine my point a tad.)

De Gea did ok yesterday, no more than that. He didn’t look too clever when Crouch headed in a cross form inside the goal area either.

53. Jamie says:

Cheers for all your nice words. This blog is a pleasure to write for.

It has also helped me with the book i am working on because i have had a lazy couple of weeks and needed to get back in the swing.

Good night all, have the best Monday you can.

54. Gooner in Exile says:

RvP in programme notes (I wouldn’t know as I dont buy them:

‘We had a really good team dinner on Wednesday evening as well, and that’s great for the team atmosphere too.
    ‘Most guys were dancing and everyone really enjoyed it. So all the fans should know that we are happy, and united together as a squad, confident, and really looking forward to this match.’

Seems they do read this blog and went out away from the club as I was suggesting.

The press are starting to make something of RvPs contract negotiations or lack of with The Mirror joining in, but I feel it’s been twisted:

Quote:
    “I still have almost two years until 2013. So for the moment that’s fine, but I don’t know. We will have to look.

“I’m happy with my contract, I’m good. That’s how it is, I can’t say much more. I can’t look into the future.

“The main thing for me is the team and that we play well. I do believe you have to look for a right moment to sit down and speak about your own stuff. It’s not only about me, it’s about the team.

“I don’t want to give the wrong message to speak about my own stuff while the others are a bit more important.

“I can’t say we are talking now because we are so busy – we have games every three or four days.”

Headline: Van Persie stalls on new contract talks with Arsenal

55. oz gunner says:

GiE

typical media spin like always, goes along with what you were saying the other day. True it’d be worrying if he dpesn’t sign by the end of the year, but this team has other things to worry about atm like getting back on track. If RVP doesn’t re-sign for us then i’d lose all faith in loyalty existing in football anymore. I’m sure he won’t forget how loyal the fans and arsenal have been with him throughout his injury ridden seasons.

56. WiganGooner says:

It is ridiculous how RvP can do what he thinks is best by focussing on Arsenal FC and the results and that is taken as a negative by the tabloid hacks and spin-doctors.

I say that, of course it could just be a delaying tactic. Nasri made some of the same noises but I should hope that Robin loves us as much as we love him and he has done very well out of Arsenal.

Lets hope he finds some time in the next month to get it sorted.

WG

57. oz gunner says:

Until its sorted we will see him linked with real, barca and man city on a weekly basis. As if kun,tevez,dzeko,and balotelli aren’t enough

GIE. Nonetheless the contracts remain a concern.

The top young talent goes to the clubs who have a reputation for bringing through youngsters (Arsenal, AV, Ajax etc), they establish themselves, and then the money clubs sign the best of them (MC, RM, PSG etc). Contracts become meaningless and will remain so until a club has the courage to put a Nasri into the stiffs for a season, but which club is willing to risk €20m on such a strategy?

It is a sad but inevitable development in modern football,

Oz. Were RvP to leave then Theo will get his wish to play centrally (if Theo stays) :-)

60. Gooner in Exile says:

Raddy it will be a concern but as Oz says it really would blow loyalty out of the window. The other thing in our favour of keeping him is his injury record and his age. At 28 he is peaking physically for a footballer, problem here will be convincing Arsene he deserves a long contract at 30 :D

61. oz gunner says:

@ BR

don’t say that i’ll have nightmares of fluffed shots, blind alleys, and long shots that dribble to the keeper haha.

@ GiE

was it RVP who said last year that he would never go to a team like man city because they have no history and what they stand for. Soon Na$ri will come out and say ‘ive spoken to my friend RVP about why he should come to manchester’ or our good friend cesc doing the same

Loyalty? This is a job to most of these men. Apart from JW and Gibbo why should they be loyal to a club which has poached them from their native lands? And if loyalty is due from the players then it should be returned by the club.

Who was the most fanatical Gooner in the squad? Eboue. Where is he?

Good point about chocolate legs.

63. oz gunner says:

Has arsenal not been loyal to RVP? most teams would of taken him to the glue factory years go, not to mention we gave him a chance to play for this amazing club. RVP and JW are a different breed, they give everything they have for the team. Passion and loyalty are great qualities to have, i feel sorry for those who take it as ‘just a job’ because emotional involvement would make it all the sweeter

There’s a New Post …………………………..

65. option trading guide…

[…]What a Difference a Day Makes ……………………. « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…