Wenger: Buy Buy… or Bye Bye

Today’s post was written before the late night news that we are in the process of signing Brazillian left back Andre Santos.

This is a huge two days for Arsène Wenger and Arsenal.

At the time of writing, no further signings have been announced despite speculation linking us with Leighton Baines, Alex, Kaka, Andre Santos, Yossi Benayoun and the usual suspects like Cahill and Samba.

So, here we sit, still in shock from the most humiliating thrashing of any Arsenal team in our lifetimes; anxiously hoping we sign somebody – anybody – to lift the spirits.

Regular readers will know I lean towards a generally optimistic view of Arsenal under the stewardship of Arsène Wenger.

Lately my optimism has taken a battering. It’s now as fragile as a Kieran Gibbs hamstring. It’s feeling a bit Traore (pulled all over the place) with a dose of Jenkinson thrown in (twisted inside out). And it’s even going all Arshavin (lumbering about pointlessly in a half-arsed way before having a little rest).

It needs to pick itself up and get back to being Vermaelen again (powerful and confident).

One thing that would help my optimism would be for Arsenal to finally, belatedly do what the manager promised us all at the end of last season: sign experienced players who can move our team to the next level.

Because right now the worry is that we have moved to the next level – but it’s the next level down, not up.

Today, with the 8-2 defeat still inflicting the sort of afterburn normally associated with a late-night vindaloo, it’s hard to avoid feeling that the two Manchesters, United and City, have moved significantly away from us in terms of playing quality. We may yet keep pace with Chelsea and Liverpool – time will tell – or we might find ourselves sucked down to the level of Aston Villa and (dare I say it) the Spuds.

Our results since the Carling Cup Final do not make pretty reading – we have won two out of our last 14 competitive games.

But we still have most of the players who were good enough to beat Manchester United and Barcelona last season (let’s not forget how heroic the likes of Jack Wilshere and Laurent Koscielny were in the Barca game at the Emirates).

This can still be a good season – maybe even a trophy-winning season – but only if reinforcements are brought in. Never mind “super quality” – we just need solid, battle-hardened professionals who can provide a platform for our super quality youngsters to flourish on.

No matter how much Arsène believes in his young players, it’s clear that the whole squad needs a massive morale boost. There is a real fear that a drubbing like Sunday’s will harm the development of some of our talented young ‘uns.

They need older shoulders to lean on and they MUST be brought in.

Arsène promised he would do it early. Unfortunately he didn’t tell us that his idea of “early” was a bit like the Americans’ idea of “early” in helping us out “early” in the two world wars.

If he buys well, he can have the last laugh (and God, after the flack he has taken, how I would love to see him holding up some serious silverware at the end of this season).

If he does not, there is a real danger that no BUY BUY will mean BYE BYE – possibly sooner than any of his loyal supporters might like to think.

RockyLives

278 Responses to Wenger: Buy Buy… or Bye Bye

1. Barry says:

First?

2. Red Arse says:

Hi Rocky, :-)

Even in these difficult times your writing style is upbeat, amusing and always worth reading. :-)

Except for some slight linguistic translation difficulties regarding American tardiness, it was bang on the nail too!

3. Red Arse says:

I have read an article that says Kroenke and Arsene have had some heated discussions about the way the TW process has been handled.

Kroenke’s investment must have received a bashing after the weekend’s result, and he is understandably unhappy.

I had heard something similar on the accounting mafia grapevine a month ago, and it seems everyone is getting jumpy because it is all beginning to look like last minute panic – again.

Like Rocky, I hope Arsene pulls out something from his magic hat and we win something this season, because failure to do so would see him helpless before the dogs of war, come season’s end.

4. Red Arse says:

Are you moderating me Rasp?

5. Barry says:

And good morning to you too!

Look, it’s very worrying times for us gunner, but with 2 or three proper signings we will improve an awful lot. Andre Santos is a good left back – alot more experienced and trustworthy than Traore. If we can get another signing or 2 more of a similar style we will be ok.

The main worry is whether we can get into the top 4 or not. We may not get it this year, but with the new rules approaching, hopefully the transfer market may get some semblance of parity again…then we will be alright.

6. Wonderman says:

Rocky I commend your ability to conjure up a post so soon after our recent drubbing, I for one am still numb. As you have already stated it looks as if we have a Brazilian full back arriving and a Korean forward, and I hope we sign a centreback. I am concerned on several levels

1. Neither of these players have premier league experience…will they hit the ground running

2. Our transfer planning seems ..well not planned at all

3. We have had serious destabilisation behind the scenes in the form of losing Gary Lewin, The previous club doctor at the time ( whose name escapes me), David Dein, and the death of Danny Fitzman. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that since the departure of Lewin and the doctor our injury rehabilitation record has been appalling. I also believe the Americans have bitten off more than they can chew and are learning on the job, making mistake after mistake.

4. Have we adequately planned for the ACN in January when Gervinho, Song, Frimpong and Chamakh will be gone and the FA Cup starts?

Moving forward I think the biggest signing we need to make at this moment is a defensive coach/tactician, as no matter how many players we buy as a team we apear to have almost zero defensive organisation when we dont have the ball

Morning RA, I’ve sent you an email – we’re still the best of friends :P

Morning Barry, the emotions are running high at the moment, I wholeheartedly agree with your points above.

Forgetting my manners,

Brilliant post Rocky – on the nail. We need the squad to be ‘Vermaelenised’ as you say and the signing of Santos is the first step in that process – so I’m hoping Bye Bye will be what we say to all our concerns over the strength of our squad.

9. Fatgingergooner says:

Good read Rocky,

Tho I’m a bit worried about us falling into panic buy mode. That being said, the signing of Amdre Santos or Benayoun is not something that can be sorted in 24 hours, so must have been in the pipeline before ‘that’ game.

Santos is a 28 year old World Cup winner with 22 caps for his country, experienced some would say, but not Arsenal fans it would seem as I have already noticed some sections moaning about this possible transfer! The same fans that feel bringing in a 31 year old Israeli who has played in the PL longer than most of our team put together is not worth the effort! At what point do we stop judging a price tag as a measure of a players ability?

I for one would love to see Benayoun brought in, was a good player when at Liverpool, and aslong as he’s fit then would be a good signing. We definitely need to get a left back in so Santos would also be a welcome addition. Let’s just AW doesn’t stop there.

10. Red Arse says:

Wonderman, :-)

I am in absolute agreement with your comment and especially the lack of defensive organization.

We have been down this road before when I asked your views about the defensive highline we take and the enormous gap between the backline and the midfield. Frustrating when even a no-hoper like me can see it!

Rasp, I agree – and it’s not really my business anyway.

11. Barry says:

Good shout wonderman, watching our defence at times you wonder what they’re at. I think a defence coach would make alot of difference.

I hate how vunerable we are to counter attacks, our full backs and even a CB at times just bomb on without regard to what might happen at the other end!

12. TotalArsenal says:

A great and witty post Rocky. Another joy to read.

If it is true we’re getting Benayoun, then I expect us to sell either Rosicky or Arshavin before end of TW.

13. 26may1989 says:

Excellent write up Rocky, all the more persuausive given that you are definitely an optimist amongst Gooners.

Just one quibble on a point of detail: it doesn’t take anything away from what you say, but our competitive record since the League Cup Final defeat is actually played 19, won 5 (vs Udinese twice, Man U, Blackpool and Orient), drawn 7, lost 7.

RA, I really hope Silent Stan is getting jumpy about things, many of us can’t help thinking it would have helped if someone, principally Stan, had taken a far more active role this summer – Wenger is a genius but whatever the story behind the screwed up summer, it’s clear that Arsene on his own wasn’t able (whether due to money, his own ability, the failings of his support team or his mentality) to deliver a radical, expensive overhaul in the first few weeks of the summer.

But I worry when I read this piece yesterday (http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/viral-shah/will-stan-kroenke-finally_b_940836.html), and especially the bit about the “Denver Nuggets [NBA team] and Colorado Avalanche [NHL team] have reached the finals only once between them (in 2001 when the Avalanche won the Stanley Cup – some ten years now) while Kroenke has owned them.”

Is this a man focused on sporting success?

14. Wonderman says:

RA,

Technically speaking a high line is not a problem, as long as there is pressure on the ball. With no pressure a high line is suicidal. The one thing we need to adopt from Barcelona is that urgency to win the ball back by hunting down the opposition. We know we can do it as Chelsea suffered that fate last season and were murdered.

One thing that has also gone under the radar is the fact that our forwards are no where near clinical enough

15. Fatgingergooner says:

Tho I agree that the defensive side of our game needs looking at, I can’t help but feel that these problems start higher up the pitch. A high lone can be very effective in a game but only if there is adequate pressure on the man with the ball. If our midfield fails to close down then it leaves our defenders exposed to balls down the side and over the top. World class players can pick these passes all day if they have a willing runner and time on the ball.

I still feel the way forward is to play with 2 defensive minded midfielders, much like Man City are using Yaya and De Jong. We would still have enough quality going forward with the full backs free to join in with the other 4 attacking players.

16. tolduso says:

these signings smack of bullshit !!i thought wenger did not want to sign anybody over the age of 28 because it means it kills the development of out youth project…sorry but if we do not sign cahill it really will say it all about the club and how its run,everything done on the cheap.if we dont sign cahill his replacement will be from abroad and cost approx 7million euros…iam now really thinking our club has lost the plot

17. Red Arse says:

I have copied this snippet from L’Equipe a French sports newspaper,

Info L’Equipe. Per Mertesacker aurait signé lundi soir à Arsenal. Le défenseur central international allemand arrive du Werder Brême. Âgé de 26 ans, l’homme aux 75 sélections formé à Hanovre, ne serait pas la seule recrue défensive des Gunners.

Per Merteeacker was signed by Arsenal on Monday evening. The german central defender will arrive from Werder Bremen. He is a Hannovarian, aged 26, and will not be the only defensive recruit for the Gunners.

My French is rusty, so anyone with a more polished translation, please feel free. :-)

26,
    Suppose SK is not romotely interested in sporting success, then it can only be business interest. Given he paid a price that represented a top four PL team playing in the CL, then to make any financial gains, he is going to have to ensure the team at least maintains that level, otherwise ticket sales, merchandizing, TV Rights, CL money and so on will see the value of his investment drop.
    For me, its a win win.

19. Fatgingergooner says:

Tolduso,

What does the price of a player or his origin have to do with football? What makes Cahill any better than let’s say Vermaelen? Cahill is supposedly worth around 12m and Vermaelen cost 10m, I know who I would rather have.

Let’s look at another example, Torres cost Chelsea 50m, Hernandez cost Man U 6m and Suarez cost Liverpool 22m. You could have em both and still have 20m in the bank!

Price tags do not indicate a players quality.

20. WiganGooner says:

@Tolduso

It seems Arsene cannot win. If he sticks with the kids he is ridiculed for having a side lacking experience. If he buys experienced players then he is killing the kids!

Take a breath, chill out and realise that Arsene is doing the best he can to get the right players in.

WG

21. WiganGooner says:

Fabulous post Rocky, cracking read :)

WG

22. The shambles into which our transfer dealings has decended is not primarily Wenger’s fault. Apparently, an American, Richard Law, has been in charge of transfer matters for the last two years. Laws had no previous experience of the Byzantine nature of dealings carried out through myriad agents, managers, chief executives, chairmen and not least the actual players.

Previously Wenger had been ably assisted in the markets by David Dein, his knowledge and widespread contacts greatly simplified the process of buying players and, indeed, selling them.

Wenger desparately needs help, the workload is far too much for one man to cope with.

Kroenke has said “Wenger’s position is rock solid” and this vote of confidence came after the 8-2 drubbing by the Manchester Unmentionables.

In order to demonstrate his backing for his beleaguered manager Kroenke needs to approach Dein and beg him to return to the Arsenal board and bring with him all the nous and experience that is so sadly lacked by Richard Laws.

It is too late for this transfer window, but to have Dein in place before the next one opens is vital.

23. Illybongani says:

Let’s face it, we’ve been punching above our weight for 15 years. We have now become what we always should have been – Tottenham’s north london rivals. Get used to it – the Big 3 have bolted and locked the paddock door behind them. Unless Usmanov gets to take over and open his wallet we are finished as contenders.

It is gross negligence that it has come to this, broken promises and broken dreams. And now we are scrambling in Poundland for some bargain basement signings, with our trousers round our ankles due to the size of our bulging wallet.

RA,
    “aurait signé ” is future past, which translates as “will have” signed on monday. Sadly.

25. itchyballs says:

what we need & v.soon is a usmanov buyout of “silent stan”who let’s face it has done sweet fa!he will re-install dein,invest money & the club will move from strength to strength.i just wish it happen NOW!!

Oh Jeepers Rocky,
    I was so well brought up with all me plaease’s and thank you’s in tact. Where has it all gone so horribly wrong. Me manners and that.
    Thank you for the Post. Massively good as always.

27. Willy young says:

There is a much bigger mess then players signing.

First priority

New defensive coach

New training / medical systems

4-4-2 as 4-3-3 does not work domestically unless you have clever eye of needle passers ( we sold our 2)

We have pace out wide Ryo / Ox

Walcott needs to play as 2nd forward RVP in hole. If not don’t play him he is not a winger

The squad we have 4 categories

Rosicky
    Almunia

Lots to be done

28. Red Arse says:

Illy,

Your logic escapes me.

How on earth can you say that a well run, financially sound, self sustaining football club with a magnificent stadium be managed in a grossly negligent manner?

The ‘big three’ that have bolted (and I cannot disagree with that) have done so, not by dint of the management virtues attributable to Arsenal, through the crass input of multimillions of pounds by billionaires playing with their toys.
    Now that is ‘gross negligence and mismanagement’ for you.

29. Wonderman says:

Very good translation RA ,
    the only amendments are it should read ‘will be signed monday evening’ and ‘ the man of 75 caps from hannover’

Hey cool your jets Itchy and Illy,
    Money is not the problem which makes the call for The Fat One unnecessay. Stan has oddles of the stuff and so does the Bank of AFC.
    I do agree with Lifelong’s comment.
    Dick Law has been in control of negotiations and I suspect there is a massive problem right there.

31. Wonderman says:

There must be truth in the L’equipe story as the bbc are also reporting it. L’equipe are usually quite reliable

32. Red Arse says:

Thanks Micky.

Translations are tricky blighters. :-)

If I say to you, “I will have steak and chips for dinner tonight”, that is clear and understandable.

If, however, I say “I will have steak and chips last night”, that is not. Writing today about ‘last night’, it is an event that has or has not happened. Either I had steak and chips last night or I did not.

So this morning’s L’Equipe using the French verb tense futur parfait and translated into English as ‘Per Mertshifter will have signed for Arsenal last night’ does not make sense in a literal translation.

Not that I know what I am talking about, admittedly. :-)

Are you fluent in French? Je regrette mais mon français est pauvre, et uniquement au niveau garçon de l’école. Tres desolee! :-)

Boy am I getting excited.
    Mertesacker yes please. 26 yrs, 6’6″ German International.
    At this point, and not getting at anyone here, can I say that the most overrated line is “PL experience”.
    You know the examples, but in case, PV, Petit, Sagna…

34. Mickydidit89,

Actually Kroenke isn’t that wealthy, he is only number 342 in Forbes Rich List with around $2.9 billion, Usmanov is number 35 with $17.7 billion.

35. Red Arse says:

Thanks to you too Wonderman.

My comment to Micky applies to your version too, I believe.

Tuesday’s L’Equipe is unlikely to say “will be signed Monday evening”.

It happened or it did not — “PM signed for Arsenal last night” or “PM did not sign for Arsenal, last night”.

This is appalling – I invited peeps with a better grasp of French to set me straight and now I am arguing with two Frenchmen!! :-)

The chap he’s stood alongside is 6 foot tall.

Nice post, Rocky.

Did Wenger actually say he would “sign experienced players who can move our team to the next level”?

Ok lads/ladies,

i have decided not to comment anymore until after 11.00p.m. tomorrow as I have been told off :)

39. Red Arse says:

Lifelong,

You forgot to mention that Abramovich is a parvenu at a mere $13bn. :-)

40. Wonderman says:

lol clearly my french isnt as good as I thought it was I stand corrected Mickey is correct

41. Red Arse says:

Darn,

I had to ask my sister who teaches French what the translation was.

‘PM signed for Arsenal last night’.

Other ways the sneaky French catch English speakers!

1) J’ai chaud = I have hot = I am hot. (in colloquial English.)

2) Je suis chaud = I am hot = I am sexy (in colloquial English)

Tricky blighters those French – can’t take them literally!! :-)

Look, you might think I am bored and passing the time searching all the bits of info I can find relating to transfers — and you would be right! :-)

42. Red Arse says:

Micky,

The English blogs are now full of the Mertesacker story, but I have spent an idle moment, or two, looking thru Alegemeine, Bild and Fussball and can find no reference to any such transfer in Germany — except PM saying on the 22nd August that he wanted to stay with Werder Bremen.

43. Mickeyk says:

My aim is simple to make arsenal not just the best in the premiership but the biggest and best club in the world.Arsene wenger.well arsene what has gone wrong .your job is to make arsenal winner now not next season but now .you’ve had to many chances and you’ve strung the fans along for six years and some of the mugs still believe your bulls..t. We will not win anything under arsene wenger again I know that but some people still believe in his maddness .a quote from me (arsenal will never win another trhophy under arsene wenger again)mickeyk.

RA,
    The article must have been written yesterday, but anyway you look at it, it was wrong as he wasn’t signed monday. Yes, I pretty much speak French.
    Lifelong,
    I entirely understand why you say that about Stan’s wealth, however, I can assure you it is way out. For obvious reasons I’m not naming my source, what is in the public domain is that his accounts are registered in Delaware where they take a very liberal view on accounting priciples. Also don’t forget, that some people for reasons of ego like to inflate their wealth while some, for tax reasons, like to keep things “conservative”!

A little taste of AA’s gourmand away trip to Marseille….

RA,
    “Je suis chaud = I am sexy”. :-)

Chas,
    That is so funny

48. MickyDidit89,

Whatever the truth about the actual worth of Silent Stan, he has so far demonstrated that he has very deep pockets and, sadly, very short arms.

If only he and Usmanov could bury the hatchet, hopefully not in each others skulls, they might then decide to invest in players instead of in shares to the benefit of the club and the delight of the fans.

49. Illybongani says:

@Red Arse

“financially sound, self sustaining football club with a magnificent stadium” – is that all you are looking for as an Arsenal supporter? I watch what’s going on on the pitch – not what’s going on in the accountant’s office. If we are self-sustaining, does that mean we are due another 6 years like the last 6? And would you accept that?

Lifelong,
    That may be the case, I don’t know, but lets see what happens before tomorrow night.
    Noone wants “hot” football more than me!

51. Scott says:

We had no defence in front of our defenders last week,and they were simply overwhelmed by a red hot side,coming forward with massive momentum.
    We were cut to pieces in the midfield when Utd had the ball- I really thought we looked ok with the ball.
    Song,Frimpong……..massive ommissions compounded by no Vermaelen,then magnified by others missing.
    I also think no side has ever been so lethal in front of goal for one full game….they just didn’t miss.
    Then,add the new boys,ill discipline and it was a disaster.
    All of these bad points are exactly the reason I am confident we can gave a decent season.
    These factors will all change for the better,and with the new additions,plus a few more,we will be fine.
    One last thing,the club is copping enough stick from the entire football world without needing it from their own supporters,so get behind them.

52. Illybongani says:

@Scott

I thought the same thing myself – apart from the first I don’t think Szeszny had a chance with any of them. In fact, I though he showed great agility to get anywhere near them. A bad day at the office indeed!

Illy,
    Three of their goals were unstoppable which makes it 5-2 with our ten men and six first teamers out. Lets hope for some reinforcements and as a Palace fan just said to me “we were stuffed 9-0 by Liverpool then went and knocked them out of the cup”.
    Work for me now.

54. London says:

aurait signé

I think this is the conditional past, so to me it translates as

Should be signed.

55. Red Arse says:

Illy,

There you go again. You make a statement accusing Arsenal of “gross negligence” that is not based in reality, and then fail to explain how you arrived at that judgement.

You are entitled to your opinion, as I am to mine, but, if you make a nonsense statement aimed at my club, I am within my rights to challenge you on how you arrive at it.

You said the Arsenal management are responsible for ‘gross negligence’. All I asked was for you to explain yourself. What do you mean?

Incidentally, asking me to defend some invented crap that I did not write, is hardly justification of your opinion. Get real man.

56. Red Arse says:

London,

Je voudrais que vous soyez à droite. :-)

(not at all sure about the ‘à droite’.)

57. London says:

Hi RA and Micky

I have to say that you are doing some sterling work up there. As for myself I must admit that I am tiring, explaining the same things over and over again is wearing me down. Good luck guys.

58. 26may1989 says:

Comparing the squad that started 2010-11 with the one we would currently expect to be in place at 11.01pm tomorrow night underlines the scale of changes we’ve seen:

2010-11:

Lansbury
    Oxlade-Chamberlain
    Miayichi

van Persie
    Chamakh
    Park

That is already a hell of a lot of change to accommodate in one go, only compunded by the panicked nature of the final phase. I think we are witnessing not only the reinvention of this particular squad but the scrapping of the model Wenger has been building since 2005.

Many may look at the need to fortify our defence, but that attacking midfield unit, which should be the creative heart of the whole side, is the bit that causes me most concern: without Cesc and Nasri, it’s made up of one superb newbie, two established young players with much to prove, two failing old lags, one permanent injury and three kids with zip experience. Are Chelsea rejects like Benayoun or Malouda sufficient to lift that AM unit? Not in my book. By all means, let’s have Mertesacker and/or Cahill, dos Santos and Park, but none of taht takes away from the need for quality of the highest order to replace what we have lost.

59. 26may1989 says:

I recall that one of the regulars here knows Clint Dempsey but can’t remember who that was – given that Dempsey is the latest name to be linked to us, any chance of us being given an inside track on this one??

60. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Watch this ad. The first person to enter the spa typified how Arsene Wenger approached thetransfer window. The 2nd person to enter the spa is the new Arsene.

Panic buying ;) I’m buying it.

61. Red Arse says:

26,

Fascinating comparison and brings home the changes going on.

In addition, I totally agree with your comment;

–“Are Chelsea rejects like Benayoun or Malouda sufficient to lift that AM unit? Not in my book.
    By all means, let’s have Mertesacker and/or Cahill, dos Santos and Park, but none of that takes away from the need for quality of the highest order to replace what we have lost ( in the creative midfield).”–

Otherwise the pressure put on young Jack to perform that role on his own will be overwhelming!

London, I get worn out and bored by it too!!! :-(

62. Red Arse says:

Gnarley, :-)

Excellent! :-)

63. goonermichael says:

The ACN won’t hit us that hard if Frimpong chooses England, Cameroon don’t qualify and Park replaces Chamakh.

64. gnarleygeorge9 says:

RA

That loss was the spanking we had to have. It really hurt at the time, but the long term gain from the short term pain may just be the cliche that relates to Arsenal going forward.

65. goonermichael says:

I hope we get Yossi. I think he will be great for us.

66. goonermichael says:

Totally agree gnarley. I feel more confident now that I did before the spanking. :) A good spanking never hurt anyone

67. gnarleygeorge9 says:

gm

Indeed

68. gnarleygeorge9 says:

London

No time to be tired, the pheonix is rising from the flames.

69. Wonderman says:

26,

you are assuming we are going to continue playing the same way.

I agree with your comments on the chelsea rejects but I would add

a) forget about replacing Cesc like for like, there isnt another Cesc, just like there wasnt another Vieira and Henry

b) Nasri scored 15 goals last season but was not that great at assists. I suspect Gervinho will fill that void and some.

There is not a great deal wrong with our team that cant be easily fixed. We have already seen a change in how we defend corners, which looks an improvement thus far. We now need to see 1) a higher percentage of our chances converted 2) a better defensive strategy in open play when we dont have the ball and when it is in transition.

We still gift teams goals for very little effort…..Martin Keown anyone ????

70. Illybongani says:

@Red Arse
    of course you’re entitled to your opinion! Ok, fair comment, you want an explanation of “gross negligence”. Since season 08/09 we have made a profit on transfer dealings of £73,700,000 according to transferleague.co.uk. Added to the separate transfer budget that was mentioned by Peter Hill-Wood on our move from Highbury and I quote, “It is our policy that we give the manager a transfer budget, which includes the ability to use all the money from player sales,” said Hill-Wood. “He will get the money no matter how much we got from selling a player.”

So a figure of around £100m available for transfer fees, including wages, may not be inconceivable.

So why do we find ourselves (or should that be yourselves as it’s “your club”) in a position where we are putting out a team of rookies against the Champions? How can we wait until so late in the transfer window before we start trying to replace Cesc and Nasri? How can we leave it so late to let them go? Man Utd finished their business in June, integrated their new (quality) players into pre-season and are now reaping the benefits. How can we miss out on signing players like Mata because we didn’t know the price would go up after 1st August? How can we spend 4 weeks trying to sign Campbell (who basically blew us out waiting for a better offer) and then find he can’t get a work permit? How can we offer £6m for Cahill, when his club want £17m? How can we miss out on players such as Samba and Alverez over a couple of million pounds when we have so much in the coffers?

These are questions I don’t know the answer to. It might be nice if someone from the club let us know.

71. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Illy says:

“Man Utd finished their business in June”

If they don’t pay back the 1 billion euros they owe, soon, they may be finished as a business :)

72. gnarleygeorge9 says:

When SAF pulls the pin, Manchester Utd will start to crumble. So unless he intends hanging around till he is old & looking like this

those fans with the big smiles on their faces @ OT are going to be running for cover like Gaddafi. Its just a matter of time.

73. Illybongani says:

@gnarley

we can only hope! But I kind of get the feeling if the Glazers needed to sell someone would come in and snap them up – the Saudi Royal Family are quite a big firm!

74. gunnern5 says:

Hi Rocky, As usual your optimism outshines any of your negative feelings.

Like you I’m eternally optimistic which causes me to have issues with the negative viewpoint. It’s not that I never feel down and depressed about the state of affairs at AFC, because I do, it’s simply that I cannot buy into the anti AW, anti BOD theories. I do, however, think that their is something rotten in the AFC kitchen that needs to be fumigated, and if this TW comes up empty I feel that Kroenke will crack the whip.

So here we are three games into the season and we all have this feeling of emptiness, I certainly do anyway. To mask my disappointment I have lowered my expectations to this simply being a rebuilding season used to create future successes. This way I can only be pleasantly surprised if we over achieve.

I’ve watched the vast majority of the EPL games this season and even after just three games Man C look to become the runaway winners, Man U regardless of being top have, as usual, been very fortunate in the fact that they have played very weak teams, and while Liverpool and Chelsea look strong, I can’t see them upsetting Man C.

Right now I see AFC finishing in the top third of the league but out of CL contention.

Like I said, I would like to be surprised.

Negative – no, Realistic – yes.

75. Illybongani says:

Park Chu-Youngs agent – “As he should come back to his native Korea later in 2013 for military duties, this could be his last contract in Europe”

Well at least we haven’t bought this one for the future.

76. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Illy

SAF is the glue, & nothing but the glue that holds that lot together. Once he goes, in fighting will start, the Utd fans will moan loader than they do on Coronation Street, & they will implode as a club.

The Glazers know that, that is why SAF stays on. Some arab may buy them but with a debt that continues to grow as each day passes, they may just be too much of a risk to take on.

77. 26may1989 says:

Wonderman: Fair point, I do assume we will continue playing 4-2-3-1 in most games, perhaps reserving 4-4-2 to deal with the “park the bus merchants” who pitch up at the Grove. And my assumption may well prove to be misplaced. But my real point isn’t about the way we play, that may well evolve now, as it did when Henry left, when Bergkamp retired, when Vieira left etc. My point is there is now insufficient creative quality in the squad.

It’s too much to expect Wilshere and Gervinho (just going into their second and first full seasons in the PL) and Walcott to carry the load of creating the space and chances for van Persie. Had Nasri stayed, there would have been an argument that we could have built the side around him (though I remain unconvinced he was really up to it) but we need some real creativity to replace what we’ve lost. If the attempt to take Kaka on loan was real, that would show that there is a real desire to fill that gap, at least at this delicate stage. I’m sure that one won’t happen for various reasons, so we would need to look elsewhere. But in the situation as it stands, I see virtually no chance of us being able to get someone of the right quality in.

Which means we will almost certainly end up with a Benayoun or whatever.

GN5: I share your assessment of the season so far – City look impressively balanced and have pretty much everything in place, the only weak points being at full-back (Gael C and Zabaleta or Richards aren’t of the same quality as the rest of the side). Chelsea and even United have bigger weaknesses – while it’s always impossible to predict much from the early games (remember how good a start Chelsea made last season before their unforced, complete collapse?), City do look very convincing.

78. Illybongani says:

“Forlan to replace Eto’o at Inter”

It’s not hard is it? One quality player out, one quality player in…

79. 26may1989 says:

Illybongani: Those references to military service have been disturbing, but then Park Ji-Sung appears to have been able to get off doing the same military service. Unless Man United FC has been designated a unit of the South Korean Army.

80. Red Arse says:

Illy,

I have no problem with that explanation. There are many others asking much the same question! :-)

My use of the possessive adjective ‘my’ to describe Arsenal, is not exclusive and I have no doubt you see Arsenal as ‘your’ club too.

Gnarley, you always make me smile. SAF as glue sounds like something used to keep a wig in place! :-)

81. wally says:

I’ve been critical of Wenger for awhile and with (like a jilted lover) with good reason.
    The problems have been apparent for a number of years and yet remain unaddressed. People keep putting it on ‘the board’ and Kroenke who’s been in charge for all of 5-6 months. I’m not buying the latter, it’s on Wenger.
    There was a very telling interview with Keown in yesterdays’ Mail. And i thought it was very indicative of the reason we find ourselves in the mess we’re in. Wenger refuses to allow video to teach the players! He thinks it destroys the players self-beleif! WTF! No wonder they keep making the same mistakes over and over and…..In this day and age to not be using video as an aide is unbelievable. He said the scouts were amazed when he didn’t go in for Enrique after having him scouted for so long.
    And there was an interview this am on talksport with auclair where he pointed out that wenger does not and never has delegated. It’s been rice and primo for 15 years and that’s it. No new blood, no new thinking, everything dependent on one man. In this day and age it’s impossible to shoulder that much.
    And this is probably the source of tension in the boardroom. I suspect they are trying to get him to lessen his work load and take on more assistants, delegate more…. And wenger feels its insulting to suddenly be told you can’t do it all anymore. His Gallic pride is getting in the way. Wenger’s unwillingness to change, to modernise is holding us back. Our best hope is that wenger suffers a paul on the road to Damascus moment. I don’t think it will happen unfortunately.

That’s my two cent psycho-analysis of wenger and the teams problems. The on the field problems are apparent to all and don’t merit further discussion. The teams problems have been masked by the quality of player he’s been able to field but with them gone/not available it’s all been on display over the last 16 games.
    The current buying spree seems panic driven. At this point it’s about plugging holes rather than enacting an actual plan.

As for Kroenke and his american teams keep in mind that they all function under a salary cap and have a play-off system. You can have a wonderful team yet with a couple losses in the play-offs be out of the picture. There is a lot more luck involved in american sport than we give credence to.

82. Illybongani says:

Believe it or not, despite my current negativity and pessimism, my default mode is pretty much the complete antithesis. I appreciate what Arsene has done for the club and I still harbour some (fading) hope that he will sort it out. It would be a crying shame to see him sacked later in the season.

I think it’s time for him to say “I’ve given the board a list of names that I want and I await their arrival” – this will at least take the heat of him and deflect it upwards. Then the Board would have to come out and say “we don’t have the money” or “we don’t support Arsene”. Either way, it clarifies what’s going on.

83. neamman says:

I am scared to go into the season with just JW and AR as our creative midfield. I think we need a big name there..

oh for Mata!!
    But the other signings we have mad should help us at the back.
    Up front??? I hope Park is the guy but I dont see it..too small. We need a big old fashioned target man… or lets play NicB as a centre forward if he hasnt been transferred.

84. 26may1989 says:

Wally

Interesting thoughts on what might be going on behind the scenes.

But Martin Keown didn’t say Wenger doesn’t allow video analysis: he said that Wenger is over-cautious about being too negative in focusing on players’ mistakes, and that in analysing mistakes, he (Keown) always found video a good tool.

And Stan Kroenke has been on the Board for three years, he (along with Wenger and Gazidis) is at the heart of the club’s decision-making process and is as responsible for our current travails as anyone.

85. 26may1989 says:

Park’s too small? He’s 6-foot!

Oooo err peeps,

According to Beeb, Per on for a medical.
    Now that would be fabulous news.

87. Red Arse says:

Micky,

So my French wasn’t too bad then? :-) Je suis chaud, n’est-ce pas? :-)

Illy,

I am very much in agreement with your 1:53.
    I believe that is what Sir WhatNot does. Picks a list of the players he wants and let’s Gill (or whoever) worry about getting them and also sort out the money problems.

That’s what Arsene should do.

88. Camberwell Gooner says:

Neamman, do your homework before making claims like that. As 26May says, Park is nearly 6 foot tall.

I know, why don’t we sign Messi! Too small too? Oh…

89. Camberwell Gooner says:

Rocky, thanks for the post, nice upbeat feel to it in these dark days…

90. Illybongani says:

I’ve just managed to cheer myself up…

First Choice XI
    Szeszny
    Sagna Vemaelen Mersacker Santos
    Song Wilshere
    Walcott Hazard Gervinho
    RVP

But then again, when did we ever get our first choice XI on the pitch at the same time? Oh Gawd, we’re all doooomed!!

91. fatgingergooner says:

The news of the possible signing of Mertasacker along with the pending transfer of Santos has turned me into a giddy little kipper!!!!

Looking forward to the blogs about how we are genuine title challengers and AW is the right man for the job…..or is that going too far!!???

92. VCC says:

Great post Rocky.

i’m getting excited this afternoon, I keep having to go to the toilet (lol)

I feel like a kid with a new toy, skysports on all afternoon.
    Mertsacker/Young/Santos==== well I never, who would have thought.
    Come on you Reds.

93. It’s official! It’s on the Arsenal Website!

Chu Young Park is an Arsenal player, subject to the formal registration process.

94. Illybongani says:

Dunno about you, but the sooner this flippin’ transfer window closes the better. Sick of trawling through Newsnow…I might get some work done on Thursday!

95. Illybongani says:

I read it was going to cost £10m for Park…but do you not think we Done Too Much, Much Chu Young???

96. VCC says:

Szes

Sagna Vermaelen Mertsacker Santos

Walcott Wilshere Song Gerv

Van Persie

Young

97. Wonderman says:

Hi 26,

I agree there is insufficient creativity in comparison to how we previously played, which relied on a central threat. but do we currently have less creativity than Man U ? I dont think so, for me our penetration needs to alter,

a) commit more players into the box,
    b) shoot outside of the box more often
    c) revert to our counter attacking
    d) withdraw Van P slightly, move Walcott or any other of the speed merchants centrally
    e) spend time working on offensive corners
    f) throw more crosses in from a variety of angles

My views on our defensive shabiness are well documented and hopefully with Merteseker we have someone who doesnt rely on pace but sound defensive positioning and that the others learn from him

98. goonermichael says:

I thought Traore would turn out good. Lucky I’m not the manager.

99. goonermichael says:

illy

Did you make that up?

I can’t keep away. more and more comments in blog world about my theory that all is not well behind closed doors and i would be happy with the brazilian and the german but we need an engine to replace cesc.Jack most probably played too much last season and he needs someone else as good as him regardless of age or size to supplement the team.

I wonder if Bendy and Almunia are off as well as by all accounts they are no longer wanted.

We have to face facts that we are forth choice (arguable) at the moment for any new signings and that may detract players who already play in the PL so Wenger does what he does best and brings in players we have only ever seen on you Tube.
    The last Pl player we bought was silvestre and i believe the one before was Campbell on a free.

I will bet rasp’s shed that arshavin will be the next “big” player to leave.

101. Illybongani says:

Goonermichael

what, The Specials song? I’m terrible for making up songs for players when we buy them (or I just think up terrible songs).

My favourite was when we signed Sagna:
    “Le Sagna, whoah whoah,
    He’s blond, he’s quick
    He made the yiddos sick
    Le Sagna Le Sagna

Never caught on, can’t imagine why?

102. Illybongani says:

minus the first line…a different song altogether!

103. 26may1989 says:

:) Liking that Illybongani!

Though am hoping it was less than £10m.

I have to ask, where do you get the moniker Illybongani from?

104. Illybongani says:

used to work with a guy years ago that used to say it. It could be Maltese, it could be be Greek, Turkish…God knows. It’s probably rude – but I have no idea what it means and it’s only spelt phonetically.

Ending up saying it at home, Mrs picked it up and soon everyone was saying it.

Apologies to anyone it offends!

105. Illybongani says:

Goonermichael

My favourite was when we signed Sagna:
    “Le Sagna, whoah whoah,
    He’s blond, he’s quick
    He made the [Spurs fans] sick
    Le Sagna Le Sagna

Never caught on, can’t imagine why?

I’ve moderated it myself!

106. Brigham says:

I used to love this Petit song myself…

He’s blond, he’s quick
    His names a porno flick…
    Emmanual, Emmanual

107. Illybongani says:

Heard through the grapevine that Arsene is about to bring in a big name signing…Jan Venegoor of Hesselink for £500,000

108. goonermichael says:

That’s good too Illy

109. herbi77 says:

Is there any possibility for either Kaka or Sneijder to come? I think we still have about ~£26m from the sales.

110. Illybongani says:

herbi77

Kaka is too old for Arsene and his star is fading, and Sneijder’s wages are too high. Even Man Utd baulked at them – £1m a month!

From Sky Sports website:
    “Germany coach Joachim Low has confirmed he has given Per Mertesacker permission to leave the national team in order to travel to London to finalise a move to Arsenal.”

This one’s starting to look real…

Thanks everyone for the comments.

It looks like the club is finally getting its Arse in gear.

But you do have to wonder, why didn’t we buy Mertesacker in June?

113. goonermichael says:

As much chance as getting a dose off the queen herbi

Rocky,
    There are only two ways to look now, forwards and upwards :-)

115. Red Arse says:

Illlybongani

Not that I know anything about anything, but I think an ‘Illy Bong’ is a glass tube thingy for doing mariuanja.

Or, there is a guy called Billy Bongani;

http://www.facebook.com/billy.bongani -

116. Red Arse says:

You’ll trip over your feet Micky!

RA,
    You lay traps for me don’t you, and yes, I keep on getting snared.

118. Illybongani says:

Red Arse

I wouldn’t be surprised! I’ve heard of bongs (obviously in my role of Prison Officer) but not the illy bit. There’s a south african Bongani playing for the Spuds too I think

119. Red Arse says:

The good news for Arsenal fans, if the Pert Mudshagger deal comes off, is bad news for me.

My agent told me Arsene had made an inquiry about me as he was looking for a big lump in the middle.
    But that sod Pert has put the mockers on that deal coz he is an inch taller than me …… but I’m 4 stone heavier, that should’ve counted for something! :-(

120. Illybongani says:

Red Arse

there’s only one thing for it I’m afraid…you’re gonna have to join the Spurs. They get all our cast offs!

121. Red Arse says:

Micky, :-)

Illy, I shall be more circumspect when debating with you in the future. :-)

I knew someone who used to work for the Home Office (?) and he told me he had to gone to inspect a prison, and came back sh*t scared. He said P.O.s deserved all the respect going because it was such a tough job. So respect! :-)

122. Illybongani says:

yeah that tough I’ve spent half the day on here! I’m in a mangerial role now so don’t get to roll around on the floor as much as I used to.

But don’t worry about arguing the toss with me, I’ve quite enjoyed our little sparring matches!

123. Illybongani says:

Red Arse

I think you’re right about the monicker. Think I better change the bloody thing. Been using it for 10 years! What a mug! LOL

RL. Another balanced post mixed with your wonderful humour. It is always a pleasure to read your posts.

I am thrilled about the German. In fact, I am in shock. Mertsecker is a super quality signing.

What with Young, Gerv, Ox and CJ. things are looking good.

Would it be greedy to expect another MF?

Illy. Do you have a song for the German?

125. Red Arse says:

Hi Rocky, :-)

The rumours I mentioned earlier about the Board (Kroenke) getting shirty with Arsene, makes me think that losing 8:2 was the last straw.

The only explanation for all this madcap activity is that someone – well Kroenke – has put a rocket up AW’s arse. Pity it wasn’t done in the early Summer.

Whatever, I will be mollified to a degree with these signings, but I cannot wait until the TW closes and we can just get on with the footie.

Nerves strung for days now!

126. Illybongani says:

BR – you’ll have to give me time for that one. Doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue does it?

127. Double98 says:

A fun song for out new centre Back Per Mertesacker
    From “In the nightgarden…”

Mertesacker,
    Akka Wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo!

Mertesacker,
    Appa yakka,
    Ikka akka, ooo

Hum dum,
    Agga pang,
    Ing, ang, ooo

Mertesacker,
    Akka wakka,
    Mikka Makka moo

128. Red Arse says:

What we need is a song; then we can compose the words! :-)

Per Mertsacker will drive them crackers
    He’ll kick the Rooney in his tiny knackers
    He’s a German merman
    and made of steel
    For a small consideration
    he’ll give Barton a feel

129. Red Arse says:

D98, have you been at the mushrooms, again? :-)

130. Red Arse says:

Illy,

I rather like the sound of your avatar, it has a Spike Milligan-esque feel to it. Certainly very different! :-)

It’s like supermarket sweep at arsenal today and watch it rasp we have bid 35 million for a midfielder,Funny it took nearly a year to sell Fabregas.

132. TotalArsenal says:

Mertesacker! Now that is a name for a defender. It just sounds like a combine harvester. ‘Rooney thought he got away with it, but he got Mertesackered’. Bring it on!

Who is the £35m man kelsey?

Kelsey
    “Supermarket sweep” :) Brilliant

135. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Just in from work and catching up on all the posts, someone said earlier that, Arsene doesn`t look back at the video`s of games mistakes,defending etc`, I seem to recall Cesc` saying something on similar lines, that they didn`t look at videos of other team`s, to identify other teams strength`s and weakneses.
    I was listening to George Graham on Talksport last week, he told Keys and Gray that he could make our defence better! , who would argue with that?.

Nigel Winterburn also said on an earlier prog` that Gorgeous George , would drill the back 4, for hours without a ball!

Today Talksport had Jerome Anderson(Football agent) on, He said Arsene is the only Manager who get`s involved in the economic`s of a transfer. You can catch it online,it make interresting listening.

136. Illybongani says:

Mertsecker is german
    He wears a german hat
    And when they annexed tottenham
    He said I’m having that

Note to self….he plays for US now!

137. jjgsol says:

I don’t thnk that Kroenke gave AW a rocket, but, rather than it was the other way around.

I suspect that there was some purpose in Sunday’s madness and that the board and Kroenke had been stalling on transfers that AW wanted to do.

Sunday’s game convinced them to open the chequebook wider.

I am not suggesting that AW told the players not to play, but that he could foresee what was likely to happen and nudged it a bit with his selection and tactics.

To think otherwsie, simply does not make sense.

i have just read that Park has signed for 2 years then has to go back into the army in korea. It was his own words.What sort of a deal is that /

jjgsol,

you are suggesting that AW told the players to throw the game,which ever way you read it. get a life man.

kelsey
    I love the “supermarket sweep” reference :)
    Brilliant

BR
    Thankyou – much appreciated.

142. Mr Illy,

J, ve hev vays off meking you sing a different song britisher!!

Signed: High Command,

143. Asan51 says:

We dont want an apology from Arsene Wenger,we need signings.

Fess up, does anyone still own a Wok?

145. Afternoon all, cracking post as ever Rocky.

Someone just posted on Twitter:

Park £2.6m + Santos £6.7m + Mertesacker £8m, all the price of one Gary Cahill (£17m as quoted by Coyle)

Lets hope those two deals get done.

146. Yep,

Wok king of Woking.

147. VCC says:

Mvila and verger. According to sky sports we are in talks with these two? Can we be spoiled by all these signings?

Who the hell are you Hun,Ken Hom?

Tomorrow is going to be fun. We could easily put twenty points between ourselves and the spuds.
    Goodnight.

150. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Think a few of you boys are getting too excited over non”super quality ” players, Merteseker is a step in the right direction but Park and Santos?

151. jjgsol says:

Kelsey.

No I am not saying that.

He had no choice but to play a weakened team. However, he could have parked the bus, or played as we did against Barca.

He chose not to, but to play an open game, as though we were at full strength.

He must have known that we would be slaughtered, although by not as much. He must know what he is is doing, so why did he chose those tactics with those players?

However, he also needed to get the message through to the board that they needed to spend.

Maybe we will never know what is really going on behind the scenes there, but so much does not make sense.

If I am wrong, then I’m wrong. No harm done.

152. wally says:

Right. He’s been playing Djourou for the last two years so we could arrive at this moment. He’s been giving us Denilson and Almunia and Diaby and Bendtner and…. just for this moment.
    Meanwhile Clichy says we never practice defence, Cesc tells us Wenger doesn’t use video to prepare the team for their adversary, Keown tells us he doesn’t have much use for video…… the list goes on and on and you still think such Wenger is a clever little boy.

The mind boggles.

wally.

Of course Clichy etc know more about management than the man who has been voted Manager of the Decade in World football by his peers.

Yes, Mr. Wenger IS a clever little boy.

154. evonne says:

Micky @ 7:49 – HOW???

Wally – of course I don’t think AW is a clever little boy!!! He is a handsome intellectual and one of the best in his profession. Clever little boy, I say….psssshhh….

155. gooner lost in cornwall says:

I think i`m right in saying,that Jose Mourinho had AVB at the Chavs watching opponents, getting detailed reports on the them. Attention to detail.
    Wenger didn`t bother, I suppose when we had the likes of Henry,Bergkamp,Viera,Pires etc, He probably thought , ` why worry about the other team ,with players like this`, trouble is,we don`t have players like that anymore!

156. dandan says:

Wally, what a very apt name you have. Did you think it up yourself.

157. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Wenger might have been voted”manager of the decade”, I doubt he will get it for the next decade though!.
    He has been awesome but others have copied him and taken the level higher.
    Unless the FFP works, then it`s curtains for trophy`s for a while with Champs league a distant memory, also unless we spend like Citeh, and I cant see that happening.

158. evonne says:

Rocky – I have deliberately not read your post until now, after the dinner. And it is a great dessert, thanks!

Yes, I am still hurting after That game; yes, I am dissappointed that the squad is even thinner this season; yes, I feel let down that promises of bringing in big names have not materialised.

Unless Shitty and Manure cripple each other on the pitch, they will probably split the trophies between them. So for us and other ambitious teams there are only remaining places left. Is EPL going to be like Spanish La Liga, or Scottish SPL, where only 2 clubs are serious contenders?

Or it can get worse, far worse. There are many sheiks with humongous pots of money. They can start buying remaining teams. I guarantee you that there will be another super rich club emerging this season.

What chance do we have then? Will I still follow footy? Probably, but the fast changing face of football is not pretty anymore.

159. wally says:

@BR
    it has nothing to do with the man and everything to do with what actually happens at the club.

Do you think they’re lying?

160. wally says:

dandan, the one who’s unsure if he’s coming or going. Point us in the right direction will you.

161. VCC says:

Mertesacker has agreed terms. Werder Bremen has accepted the money.
    Happy days.
    Now get that creative player Wenger.

162. Double98 says:

Red Arse – Imagine 60000 arsenal fans doing makka pakka’s song and dance for Mertesacker… And yes i have been at the mushrooms….

double98
    I take it you have young children?

164. Carlito11 says:

Mertesaker! Finally a quality defensive signing! Quality post Rocky- have read a few posts recently but had no time to comment- always quality real support on AA though :-)

165. evonne says:

double98 – honestly!! good to see the gloom is beginning to lift

166. evonne says:

Carlito! are you well?

167. barumgooner says:

Evening gents. I must confess to being slightly bemused as to how fifa can vote AW as manager of the decade. 95-05 maybe ? But it depends on what you are rating him on I guess.

If it’s on financial and economic strategy (A*). He has managed to keep us as one of the most consistent sides in europe on a shoestring budget for the last 5 or 6 seasons.

For man-management (C). Has had his favourites over the years who have seen him as a bit of a father figure but has also had discipline problems within the club and shown a considerable lack of loyalty when cold-bloodedly removing loyal servants of the club before their time.

Youth development (C) imo its a bit of a myth that AW develops and promotes the youth at AFC with very few of these prodigal sons ever really reaching the first team and most just being loaned out to lower league minnows until frustration leads them away.

Strategic and tactical prowess (F), its widely known that there is only one plan at the Arsenal and if that fails its shrug your shoulders time.

Delivering the goods ? Pre 2005 pretty successful and often winning silverware. After the arrival of the mega-rich chelski and with our own financial limitations..not so good but possibly to be expected.

Manager of the decade ? imo no but probably the best person to have kept us so good for so long with so little.

168. barumgooner says:

Sorry… and ladies !

169. evonne says:

Evening Barum!

170. Carlito11 says:

Hi Evonne :-) Yep- working too damn hard but it’s kept me too busy to stew over this interminable summer! Have to say this is the most exciting end of transfer window we’ve had in years… about time we had something to feel pleased about :-D Not all the signing are gonna be a success but a German Defender with 75 caps in the prime of his career and a Brazilian left back with 22 caps added to The Gerv have gone some way to softening the blow of losing Cesc and Nasri

171. Carlito11 says:

Barum- gotta be the invincibles season that swung it- only happened once in the last 10 decades…

172. Carlito11 says:

… the weird thing is Wenger said 2-3 more signings but thats three since then with Park Chu-Young (anyone else hear The Specials Too Much Too Young when they say his name?) and Santos and Mertesaker, and there still might be M’Villa and/or Benayoun coming in…

173. Jamie says:

Santos – Top notch, will compete with Gibbs and give cover. Good touch and strong.

Mertesacker – Worried by the lack of pace but a big genuine, gutsy centre back. Good value and certainly adds depth to Koscielny and Vermealen.

Park – Sound and intelligent cover across the front line.

I think we need two more, another centre back so we can ditch Djourou and a playmaker from somewhere. However we do it, I think we need two more.

174. Carlito11 says:

Look at that “In” “Out’ “On Loan” Widget! That IS mental! They said they’d be busy and by god they have been! If they do bring in two more this has gotta count as a revolution on the scale of what’s been going on at Liverpool without spunking £35m on a big lanky striker worth £10m max :-)

175. barumgooner says:

Keep hearing talk of M’Vila and Vargas. Either would be great. Dya think a deal has been struck with Cahill to sign for free in Jan ?

Surely Vargas in would spell the end for the little russian ?

Hi Jamie, I expect Santos to supplant Gibbs at LB.

It’s been said by others already, but Mertesaker, Santos and PCY combined come to less than Cahill would have cost , with that in mind, I can’t see us paying £25m for M’Vila especially when he doesn’t score goals.

177. Jamie says:

Would like two more but not seeing any positive rumours from good sources, this could be it.

178. barumgooner says:

Agree that JD doesn’t fill me with confidence but still quietly confident Bartley will return to the club one day.

179. Carlito11 says:

Finally read through the comments and seems like I don’t have an original idea in my head ;-) Nevermind! For the first time since Ramsey put paid to MU at the Grove I feel positive about the direction we are going in!

Hi Carlito, do you think the new personnel will herald a new more direct and solid style of play – a tad less tippy tappy and risking a shot more often?

181. pat says:

Mertesaker seems very impressive as does Santos. Know nothing about PCY. Cahill who?

182. Carlito11 says:

Hi Rasp :-) I don’t think we’ve any choice with the players we’ve got- what I’ve seen so far this season is a lot more directness and wing action but less solidity in the centre and backs. Todays signings will hopefully help the latter as will players returning from injury. I’m pretty sure Wenger will stick with the 4-3-3 but perhaps more of an Ancelloti 433 than a Guardiola one

183. Carlito11 says:

btw- Rasp- any idea why when I check out the site on my phone I can only see comments for so far down the screen and then it sort of greys out? Wondered if it might be something to do with WordPress?

184. Gooner in Exile says:

Just heard from a French journalist that Park can run 100m in under 11seconds….more thrust for Micky to enjoy.

Didn’t realise his team were relegated 1 goal in 3 games not bad for a CF in a struggling side.

185. Carlito11 says:

Alright GiE? He looks technically good too from the videos I’ve seen- hopefully he can make the step up. We seem to have got players who like running at the opposition. I guess we’ll really be able to test the old “they have it coached out of them” theory this season!

186. barumgooner says:

Tippy-tappy kind of centred around Cesc being the focal point of the team and is how he worked his magic. The early Wenger teams could sometimes be a bit over-elaborate to the point of show-boating but much quicker in their distribution. I am hoping that now AW will return to this style and the nature of the midfield purchase will prove his intentions, a cesc or a Vieira ?

187. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Rasp, I love how quickly you adjust the above ‘in’ and ‘out’ of players. You just don’t waste any time, do you?! :P One more to go and we will have signed 11 – a whole team!

Btw, did you get my post and when are you thinking of publishing it?

188. Carlito11 says:

That’s a pretty good yardstick Barumgooner- I’ll keep that one in mind when whatever happens on deadline day happens! To think we actually can look forward to deadline day for a change :-) I know it’s not much but it’s a small mercy and a rare one in recent times

189. Bad as the eight goal drubbing was I think we may look back on it as the moment that Wenger realised that he didn’t have the strongest squad in the Premiership.

Wenger has said in the past that three was the maximum number of players that could be brought into a squad at one go without causing major disruption. Well, that looks like one theory that has gone up in smoke.

I’m beginning to look forward, with some optimism, to the rest of the season. Sign a good midfielder and I think we can go places.

190. harry says:

Rocky fantastic as usual………..

Some quality one liners…….

##And it’s even going all Arshavin (lumbering about pointlessly in a half-arsed way before having a little rest).##

I cannot believe the amount of people moaning (on the web) about what has come in within the last 24hrs…..Knee jerk comments etc…..

Ok, he may have acted more decisively after the 28th august massacre, but as with mertesacker it is not as if he hadnt tracked him before……

And as GIE pointed out, the estimated cost of Cahill = our new 3 signings…….

Gooner lost in Cornwall, its not about getting over excited, these players are back up (Mertesacker might become1st choice) and they strengthen the squad overall, look at what has gone and what has come in…..And hopefully someone comes into the midfield tomorrow, the one remaining signing we need for me….who would be 1st team material from the start………

Lets see what tomorrow brings and then analyse the squad……

191. Carlito11 says:

Hopefully shipping NB52 out tomorrow- bet he’ll go cheap as no one wants to pay his wages but that’ll make an even 10 on each side TA

192. harry says:

@Barumgooner……..Agreed and if M’Vila comes in we know what we are getting, power in the middle and pace out wide………

193. barumgooner says:

Have we got two quality players for each position yet ?

ches / fab

sax/kos tv/jd
    sagna/jenks gibbs/santos

pinpong/song jack/?

rambo/TR Theo/ gerv/AA
    RVP/cham/park

194. TotalArsenal says:

Hey Carlito, good to see you back here, and some fine quality comments as well. It looks like we got two out of three this months: qualification for CL, good signings (okay, still hoping for an quality, attacking midfielder). Not a good start in the PL, but that can be rectified in the next few months.

195. TotalArsenal says:

Agreed on Bendtner – his heart is not in it, so needs to go now. Would not be surprised to see either Arshavin or Rosicky leave as well – especially if and when another creative midfielder is bought. That would make it: 11 out – 11 in!

196. Carlito11 says:

Harry – power in the middle and pace out wide- sounds familiar! I’ve missed that sound. Sounds like a “proper” football team! Hi TA- gotta look on the bright side I agree with you- better to get all that “gonna win the league” crap out of our systems and focus on winning each match and forging some decent home support for these boys to play to :-)

Hi TA, yes thanks, I’ve uploaded your post and transferred the pics.

I am sometimes a bit previous with the Ins and Outs widget but so far I haven’t been caught out. It’s that elusive midfild playmaker we need to complete the puzzle don’t you think?

198. Carlito11 says:

Can’t agree with you on Rosicky- needs someone powerful to cover him defensively but he can still pick a great pass and he’s been trying to step up and be an older head which is well-needed

199. Carlito11 says:

Bed calls- these 6.30 rises are gonna start stinging when it’s dark outside soon :-( Hopefully catch you soon

I don’t see where Chamakh fits in with all these new players – I know its only been a year but I really do think it would be best for all parties if he moved somewhere he’d be more at home.

201. herbi77 says:

Is M’Vila the right man for us? I’d be delighted if Vargas come, he has a great game in the 2011 Copa America apart from the red card.

202. TotalArsenal says:

Hey Raps, I would have fought you over the Chamakh comment a few weeks ago, but now think you might be right. I would like to see him one more time hit form again, and then see what he does after that. However, if he were to leave I would not be sad about it either.

Carlito, I do not want Rosicky to go, but would not be surprised if he does before the TW deadline.

203. London says:

I think people need to think a bit more laterally to see the benefits of Chamakh remaining at the club.

I have and there aren’t any. He doesn’t add to the attack, he doesn’t assist and he doesn’t drive play from the midfield. He is a player running scared of the ball. He’s a much better player than his performances of late would suggest but I am sure the problem is in his head and that problem is that he doesn’t want to be here.

205. Isn’t it exciting. I must confess to getting a bit of a chubby with all the excitement.

206. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Harry,
    I`ve looked at whats gone and come in, cant see anyone of Cesc and Nasri class!. 2 world class gone……no replacements!.
    Any idea who the “super quality” players are?

207. neamman says:

LETS reserve judgement for a while, Remember how everyone said Squillaci was a great buy… experienced international etc etc. I have hopes for all 3 so far but Santos is not a current internationmal I believe. Mertsaker should adapt well as the German league is proibably closer to EPL style than Spain, Italy etc. Park.. 6 foot.. I still think we need a bigger player.. Im sure hes good ..but I want to see a dominating player there.. Im not sure he is the type. We need an old fashioned English CB and CF. When we had TH14 he was so good we didnt need one ..but Thierry was oine in a million… before him we had Ian Wright who was suited for the EPL.

208. Santos played in the last copa whatsit.

209. gnarleygeorge9 says:

copa coffee?

210. barumgooner says:

I still feel Chamakh has something to offer. When he first came he worked tirelessly, offered height in the box and displayed skill on the ball. Then Robin came back and he was dropped, given a bit of confidence i’m sure he would come good… whether AW gives him that chance or not I dont know. The problem is that Arsene doesn’t really like strikers any more than he likes defenders, he just wants a keeper and 10 attacking midfielders which makes it very hard for either a target man or poacher as the ball rarely goes in quick or high. If a change is nigh with a bit more speed and wing-play it may just give Cham a second chance.

211. TotalArsenal says:

Gnarley :P Melbourne is full of horrible insects, slugs that eat your cat food, spiders the size of breakfast plates. What so fun about that?

212. TotalArsenal says:

Hey Barum, don’t you think Arsene has given him a decent chance to prove himself in the last few weeks? But I agree with your point re our style of play not being fully suitable for Chamakh at the moment.

213. 26may1989 says:

neamman: Santos isn’t in the current Brazil squad (for their game next week) but he was preferred to Real Madrid’s Marcelo in the squad a few weeks ago for their game vs Germany and in the Copa America before that. I like Marcelo, and I’m not saying Santos is better than him, but the fact that the two of them compete for the left wingback slot for Brazil shows Santos has credentials. But I guess we’ll have to judge with our own eyes.

214. 26may1989 says:

Carlito @ 10:16am: I have the same problem sometimes accessing AA on my phone. I think it may be a glitch that kicks in when there is an embedded video. If you’re on a wifi connection you might want to toggle between the full site and mobile site (the buttons should be at the top or bottom of the screen), since the full site option doesn’t appear to have the same problem.

215. pat says:

I would say getting a quality striker is important to make sure RVP is on his toes – the danger seems to be that recent events seem to be getting to Robin a bit. I have also mentioned previously that Verm is better suited to having the armband. Still an awesome player but not a capt – the extra responsibility when the chips are down is too much of a weight. Park seems like a good buy so it must be good bye for NB52.

Mertesacker at 6.6 and established international seems like a very very good purchase for us – far better than Cahill. With him and the left back signing seems like we are shoring things up there. Bring it on Stoke! However the problem are does seem to be the central midfield area where we have 2 players gone for indisciplne (song and Frimpong). Hopefully they have learned quickly from their suspensions as our midfield was like soft butter that got knifed over and over. Its been mentioned that we should be playing with 2 defensive minded midfielders so out of Song / Frimpong / Jack (maybe Coloquien?) we would operate with players like that but we possibly need another quality player there.
    On the other side of the coin in the midfield we still dont have an answer to replacing Cesc. Ramsey / Jack maybe part of the answer but not quite there. If those 2 guys are as good as we think they are thats cool (a gamble) but I feel we still need a midfielder with pedigree and experience to guide them forward. This could be Jack in a couple of years. Rosicky could be the guy but he cant do 90minutes any more and not the forceful iron will type. I keep going back to the likes of Sneijder – come on we lost one of the best midfielders in the world. Cant Arsenal do something to show that F- it this is how we are going to compete on all fronts for trophies. Last year with Cesc in the team that possibility existed. What is going to show our fans and opposition teams that we seriously are contending for titles and trophies rather than just being in the top 4-5? It seems a case of nearly but not quite good enough. It seems we are getting some of the defensive strengthening that we should have had 1-2 seasons back. With Cesc still in the team we would have been humming with these guys in…

216. gnarleygeorge9 says:

To those who still pine for Cesc & Na$ri.

Arsenal won nothing while they were @ The Club. Thats a big fat zero.

But when The Club had a decent back 5 it won silverware after silverware after silverware. Now I don’t know whether it was the humiliation of an 8-2 drubbing that has awaken the sleeping professor or whether King Georgie Graham had a quiet word in his shell like, but the signing of two experienced world class backs with many years of knowledge to pass on to the young ones has me up & about. Finally common sense has prevailled. Now just get Marty K as the Specialist & revenge will be Arsenal’s :twisted:

217. barumgooner says:

Gnarley, well said. As great a player as Cesc was for us his time at the club will go down as barren and fruitless. As for Nasri, he did show flashes of brilliance but was far from a permanent fixture in the team and never really made a position his own. I am already liking the new look with the young lads in the middle and Gerv and Theo breaking at pace. Mertesacker is a truly big signing, Clichy had lost interest and large portions of the support so his time had come. I think we are already stronger than last season, If M’Vila or Vardas sign today things are looking good.

My only issue would be letting Lansbury leave, and we really should be looking to offload AA.

Morning all,

Rasp, I’ve seen Carlito & 26’s comments about accessing AA on their phones. Do I/we need to stop embedding videos?
    I only ever access AA from my pc, so never have any problems with the site.
    Have we signed any more players yet? :)

219. barumgooner says:

Is it possible that the drubbing by Manutd will go down as a bad day for them ? Was that the day that Arsene re-found his mojo ?

220. Gooner in Exile says:

Morning all…lots of excitement :)

Carlito I think 26 is right a video does seem to bork the mobile wordpress…..but I’ve switched to full site access which still works fine on iPhone (even on GPRS which I’m using now) you can switch just below the comments box as 26 says. Good to have you back mate.

So reports abound that Hazard has asked to leave with Cole being lined up for loan deal, does that mean he is the £35m man.

Also M’Villa and Marvin Martin rumours persist.

Still wondering whether decision to tell Bolton we don’t want Cahill is in hope they will see sense and come back when they realise tomorrow he is worth £0.

Morning all.
    I know I am largely ignored on here but i would still like to raise a few questons especially with this being the last day of the Transfer Window.

Fabregas: Some have said he wasn’t allowed to say anything by our club until the transfer that everyone knew would happen,I can understand that,so it was put out he had a hamstring problem.
    We have to move on but after nearly 8 years at the club i would have liked to see (I stress) our captain at least leave a parting message with some substance by video or TV to the fans.
    Nasri: he is in some ways worse of a person than Adebayor.I know the double or treble your money was the real carrot dangling,but it has been quoted by Gervinho many times that it was nasri and nasri alone who tipped the balance for him joining us, and now gervinvo has been quoted that he is upset with his so called friend.
    Park: What is the logic in signing him on a two yera deal and then he goes back to the army in Korea.can someone explain his contract and why we bought him.

Here’s another thing.Say we played Wigan instead of united last weekend and won, would there be such a dramatic rush like a supermarket sweep in the last 48 hours of the window.maybe the drubbing was a good wake up call and we will se.
    i am intersted if
    1) we get this super mifielder
    2) if bendtner or chamakh leaves
    3) If arshavin may also be on his way out for sure this is his last year.i don’t know him,but he is woefully out of form, but his facial expressions show that it is all a bit of a laugh to him.

Anyway we will see.The brazilian and the german look to be good signings.

oh by the way could those of you who write in another language please give us poor mortals a translation wirh each post.

This is how my dream window ends. We land a DM and an AM and then at 10:59:57 Modric moves to Chavs leaving ‘arry three seconds to find a replacement.

223. Carlito11 says:

GiE/26m thanks both for that- not sure why I hadn’t thought of it myself! D’oh! And chas- don’t you dare stop posting your brilliant finds :-) gonna be an exciting deadline day :-D laterz (as they say on the streets)

Micky like dandan and myself we are what is generally called “morning people”

I couldn’t care a fig abot Harry.Funny his court case got postponed as it was due the first week in July, and anyway he is nailed on as the next England manager.

I now BR disagrees with me but i would have liked to see an experienced keeper brought in for a couple of seasons, and where is Almunia.

People everywhere, Morning.
    Kelsey,
    I always think Harry is one explosion away from ruling himself out of the England job.
    Regarding midfield targets, I did not see either Santos or Mertesacker coming so would not like to Hazard a guess about potential midfielders (I honestly tried to avoid that horribly cheap pun).

227. London says:

The reason I never articulated the rational as to why I thought some lateral thinking was needed to notice the advantages of Chamakh remaining at the club was because I thought it would make a good head line post but I have since thought fuck it, a head line post telling us all how crap he is would be far more warmly received……..enjoy.

London,
    Not sure what you are really saying about MC.
    For me he simply does not suit our style of play.

Kelsey,
    When you say “posters” using a different language, are you referring to text speak or headline writers?

Mickey,

i meant general comments :)

231. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Cheers barum

With a solid defence protecting those further up the ground, IMO, it gives the younger less experienced a better chance to develop without the pressures that they, for example, would have been under last Sunday.

Finally, Arsenal may have a back 5 that will say to the opposition, sorry the door is shut, piss off, you are not allowed to pass.

232. gnarleygeorge9 says:

….just like the back 5 that kelseys avatar developed :)

Here lies the problem gnarley.

Nearly every great team is built first and foremost on defence and the gung ho approach that Wenger adopts doesn’t work anymore simply because we dont have a squad comparable to the invinsibles.therefore we have to adjust our style of play,but I wish Wenger would dip into the PL more as these players would adapt quicker.I know it’s hard with the wage structure of the top three, but they can’t buy everyone.

234. goonermichael says:

“My decision was made in June. I wanted to leave after our difficult end of season. Arsene wanted me to stay. I’m glad Arsenal got a good sum. I prefer to leave like that than at end of my contract. I did the same with Marseille.

“Yes, it was [the right time to leave], there are sure signs. The departure of Cesc (Fabregas) to Barcelona is one of them. The defeat against Birmingham in the League Cup final was very harmful for the minds. Today I feel like I’m in a team where I can win titles.”
    I really detest nasri.
    I think he’s a liar too. He decided to leave in January. He was also part of the problem. I hope he fails. slut

Morning all,

London, if you can write a headline post explaining what the ‘recent Chamakh’ does for our team, I for one would be fascinated as it has completely passed me by.

kelsey,
    Rather than rule himself out of the England job, I think ‘arry is in danger of losing Levy’s support if he continues to criticise his decisions in public – Arsene would never do that.

236. Morning Kelsey, :-)

I confess I did put a bit of French on yesterday, just to show what I had found on a French site regarding Mertesacker. But I did put an English translation on with it.

There was a bit of larking about with tricky Micky afterwards regarding verbs/tenses etc, but not much was going on at the time.

Sorry, if I upset you!

Not upset Red Arse at all. i am just in a bit of a mood at the moment :)

238. evonne says:

Morning all
    I see many of you got up early to see MORE signings, you greedy men!!

Just one more defender and I am almost relaxed :)

GM – me too, I despise his donkey face with huge teeth

Honda is having a medical according to Sky. A player i rate, a real engine.

I hope that is true and gazidis can sell more shirts in Asia. Who knows in a few years we may have a complete Chines.Korean.Japanese team with the odd englishman thrown in for good measure.

240. goonermichael says:

けるしいさん おはよう ございます

Good morning Kelsey :)

241. evonne says:

Kelsey – no way Jose, more Polish than English :)

Hi kelsey,

My prescience continues :P I doubt anyone will remember, but I suggested Honda about 6 weeks ago when it was clear Cesc and Nasri were going. The deal’s not done yet, but he’d be a good addition.

The cynic in me wonders how much Honda and Park and the preseason trip to the far east have to do with mercahncising revenue, but they’re good players and will add a lot of energy to the team.

243. goonermichael says:

Is Honda coming?

244. evonne says:

Hello Rasp
    I think that Honda rumours started last year after the World cup, AW was very impressed with the lad and wanted him then and there. Shame we didn’t get him last year, he is awsome.

The only problem I have is the mental strength and discipline. I am not sure what Mertesacker is like, but being German he might be just right

Exciting day ahead……………. bets for how many more will join us?

Unfortunately I’m going to be away from the computer until about 4pm so I’ll be missing the day time wranglings. I was amused to hear talkshite encouraging spuds to slag off ‘arry yesterday – it seems that once AW started buying he was temporarly off the hook :)

246. Brigham says:

neamman @ 1108 PM, Ian Wright is only 5ft 9″, so not sure of your point regarding height of a centre forward really. Tim Cahill is also under 6ft, but he betters most centre halfs in the air, out jumping them over and over. Its not about height, its the ability to time your run and jump which counts.

247. Honda? Even more exciting :) Rasp – your letter to AW must’ve done the trick

Can’t someone just drum up a few words for todays post, TA’s article could wait for another day couldn’t?

248. evonne says:

GM – patience is a virtue seldom found in a man, never in a woman!!
    We only have till tomorrow to know, wait :)

Kelsey,
    Should that be: “Honda is having an MOT”.
    I know, coat!

250. goonermichael says:

Micky

251. goonermichael says:

my avatar doesn’t work :(

Mickey :)

Yes honda had a great World Cup. Where is he now.he was in russia.

GM and Red arse OK you clever clogs i might start posting in gothic german, that would fool the lot of you .

GM,

when you change languages it can effect your avatar.that will learn you.

254. GM, I thought you had gone incognito! :-)

255. Kelsey,

Ich spreche kein Deutsch, aber sie machen gute Liebhaber! :-)

Not Gothic, Kelsey, but it might make you feel better!!

256. WiganGooner says:

Apparently Bendtner’s Dad is talking to Stoke…

Another disruptive voice leaving the dressing room.

WG

Red Arse,

so you don’t regard me as a friend as you address me in german as sie as opposed to du. Gotcha for once
    . Sie as you know is a polite form of you to someone you don’t know du is used only by friends and family, though berlin is an exception as everyone calls each other du, thus being very informal.

I just can’t see bendtner at stoke, his ego wouldn’t let him go to such a shithole.

259. WiganGooner says:

Morning all,

Sorry to be so rude as not to say ‘ello :)

WG

260. Tut mir wirklich leid, Kelsey, für meine Schüler Fehler. Aber wir sind immer noch die besten Freunde! :-)

Wigan

morning

are you old enough to remember the wigan dance craze,it was huge in the seventies i think, i can’t remember the name but raddy will know when he wakes up or has finished making breakfast.

262. WG,

Stoke must be desperate if they are in talks to sign Bendy’s dad.

Still, I suppose he thinks he is the second best CF in the world after Nic! :-)

Guys and gals, I’ve cobbled together a quick post just to give a starting point to the inevitable conjecture that will dominate today’s discussion.

Apologies TA, we’ll use your excellent another day if that’s OK.

New Post………

264. WiganGooner says:

Kelsey

Are you referring to Northern Soul?

It’s not really something I’ve ever seen I’m afraid, though I understand that if you have seen it, you never forget.

WG

265. Gooner in Exile says:

Kelsey the Park 2 year and off to play soldier is probably explained by his price.

The cost is not huge, he can give us two years whilst the likes of Afobe, Aneke are fine tuned on loan and in reserves.

That’s just my theory on the problem you pose.

The question for me is are these panic buys by the board or Wenger? Are they players Wenger has been telling the board to buy but they have been penny pinching, the defeat on Sunday may have been the clue the board needed that AW was not pulling their leg.

OK ignore my last comment, WG has published TA’s article, sorry for the confusion.

New post…….

268. Brigham says:

Wigan Casino and I think it closed down in the early 80s’. Needle in a haystack, da da dah.

That’s it Northern Soul.it was huge.

270. Asan51 says:

Yossi Benayoun & Mikel Arteta & Samba (Arsenal Players)

271. Portable Building Systems…

[...]Wenger: Buy Buy… or Bye Bye « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

272. Job fuer Schueler…

[...]Wenger: Buy Buy… or Bye Bye « Arsenal Arsenal[...]…

273. web page says:

I can’t sometimes appreciate how I ended right up listed here, nevertheless i assumed this specific release had been great. I do not understand which team you may very well be but surely you are going to a new well-known blog writer when you are not really previously. Kind regards! I can’t sometimes appreciate how I ended right up listed here, nevertheless i assumed this specific release had been great. I do not understand which team you may very well be but surely you are going to a new well-known blog writer when you are not really previously. Kind regards!