Arsenal to clean up Blackburn

Ready for a rant?

I have developed an irrational dislike of Blackburn Rovers. Firstly, there’s the name …. Rovers. Where do they rove,? Has Gamst Pederson roved and if so why wasn’t he arrested in the act of roving?  Blackburn, so named because it is dirty, the civil buildings are swathed in soot and the street urchins have a clear dislike of water (before I am accused of Northern-ism, I have spent many happy weekends in the town).

Then there is their football. Perhaps the club thought loaning out the odious Hadji Diouf would improve their image, but they ruined that by sacking Fat Sam in a manner which turned all the pundits against them. Installing an untried (and cheaper) manager they now face the prospect of relegation , and other than their fans, I believe you would struggle to find anyone who will be sorry to see them decline. How one can take a team full of fine footballers and turn them into the tedious, mundane cloggers seen week in week out at Ewood is a mystery known only to their manager and the Chicken men.

Seriously, if Arsene Wenger OBE managed Blackburn they would be a top 8 side. Look at the talent at their disposal. In defence, an England GK, the New Zealand Captain Nelsen, the monstrous Samba, Martin Olsson, who is getting rave reviews in Scandanavia, and the enormous experience of Salgado (over 250 games for Real Madrid). In midfield, the creativity and graft of Gamst, Emerton and Dunn. Upfront, the pace of Benjani, and MU’s young Diouf, allied to the height and movement of Santa Cruz. This SHOULD be a decent team – but they are not.

And why not? Perhaps a Blackburn fan could tell us (if they read this far without closing the page in fury).

Now I dislike Fat Sam as much as the next man, to me he is the antithesis of Wengerball, a man who believes in the Charles Hughes school of long ball, aggressive football, but whatever one thinks of him, he did a damned sight better job with this team than the current dummy whose only recommendation appears to be that he is Scottish…

John Jensen is Keen’s no.2. arriving after a disastrous time as manager of Randers in Denmark  (9 losses and 2 draws in 11 games). How on earth do these guys get their highly paid jobs??   Oh, & I was there when Jensen scored!

Enough of Blackburn, let us move onto the men in the white hats.

2 weeks break and a return to the first team for 3 players who have been sorely missed: Song, Cesc and Theo.  It appears all the players who went away on International duty have returned fit, even Chocolate Legs, so apart from the difficulties at CB and in goal, we have a proper team.

Big words those …. “apart from“…… The success of this season will turn upon the strength of our defence. We have no difficulties scoring, especially when Theo and Cesc are both fit and firing.  If Almunia and Squillaci find a decent run of form and Kosciely continues his improvement, I believe we will win the title,. The return of the very influential Song should add some much needed defensive security, but ultimately it will be the CB’s and in particular the GK who will come under immense pressure, because every T, D & H knows they are fallible.

My team:

We should even be able to have a very strong bench (apart from CB).

I expect Arsenal to come out very fast and attempt to win the game in the first 20 minutes. If we score early, B’burn are doomed. However, after the recent frustrations, a poor first half will have a detrimental effect upon the faithful and the tension will mount. That said, I am confident of 3 points.

Big Raddy is very much looking forward to meeting fellow AA’ers today and will raise a glass to absent friends.

To The Tavern …..

COYRRG

98 Responses to Arsenal to clean up Blackburn

1. 26may1989 says:

Great write up Raddy. Am delighted the real football is back. And am hoping the resurgent Whammers can get our afternoon off to a flyer by taking something from United.

One detail though: Ryan Nelsen is New Zealander, not an Aussie.

2. parlane says:

nelson’s captain of nz, not australia.

3. parlane says:

i guess if i’m going to correct you i should be correct myself!
    nelsen is the captain of nz
    nelson died in 1805 and now stands on a stick in the middle of london.

Thanks guys, I’ve amended the post – Nelsen is now indeed the NZ captain.

5. Red Arse says:

Nice one Raddy, as usual. :-)

A nice easy three point game for me too, please. No heroics or chasing the game, my ticker would not stand it!

Parlane, — ‘Nelson died in 1805 and now stands on a stick in the middle of london.’ You make him sound like a lollipop! :-)

6. Red Arse says:

Hi Evonne, :-)

Did you work for the CODA outfit in Harrogate?

Raddy won’t be reading but what a fine pre-match!!!!!

Really looking forward to having Cesc, Song and Theo back today – proper Arsenal :)

Now that cheeky GiE already flagged up last night that I’ll be asking for volunteers for the match report at the pub, so maybe I should start asking now.

8. Antgrad says:

I’m not going to argue with a lot of it, you’re entitled to your opinion, but come on, the bunch of “tedious, mundane cloggers” was created by Allardyce not our current boss or Venkys. It was the desire to move away from that image and play a bit of football that lead to Venkys getting rid of Fat Sam. Unfortunately we’re not used to keeping the floor on the deck just yet, hence the poor results. Expect us to play a little more football though.

As for cloggers, seen the disciplinary table this season? Hopefully our secret weapon Mr Dowd will keep us in it today. :)

9. Gooner in Exile says:

Cheeky…..moi?

Top pre match as ever from BR, really looking forward to the game and meeting up…..should have booked an earlier train :(

10. 26may1989 says:

Fair points Antgrad. Rovers’ threat for us is at the back, with two very fine CBs and a keeper with real ability. But I’ve always liked Pedersen too.

How’s Phil Jones’ progress going? He looked impressive when he came in.

11. goonerwife says:

Phil Dowd will be a problem. thats a guarantee. We need to score outof the reach of Dowd or he will turn the game in blackburns favour. its like a disease.

We have a great disciplinary record all these years and we get insults for it. Now we are given cards for non-violent situations and everyone wants to throw it in our face. screw them all. I’ve had enough of these english bully boys mentality. Dont mess with us!

I hope we win. You can do it boys.

12. Antgrad says:

Pedersen is pretty good if it’s a dead ball, very hit and miss otherwise. Jones is going to be amazing. Just back from 3 months out injured but looking good again. The only worry will be if we do go down we’ll lose him and not get anywhere near enough for him. He’s exactly the CB you’re looking for. Or maybe is should do an Obi Wan and say “Jones is not the CB you’re looking for. Move along”

13. Harry says:

Top pre match radster………

Really buzzing this morning, feels like an age since the last match…..

Still worried about the dowd affect, especially with that stat, 18 played, 15 won, 2 drawn 1 lost, 15 wins were not on dowds watch, that is scary…..

As stated need an early goal then crush them….

Looking forward to the gathering of AAers, I will be wearing my avatar!! for those not already having met me.

Come on Arsenal………..

14. Evonne says:

Red Arse – sort of. I went to Harrogate for training, but implemented CODA in London. Do you know them?

15. SharkeySure says:

Really looking forward to seeing the boys in the flesh today.

I’m hoping that we rip them apart early doors. Walcott to score in first five mins, and RVP to get a hat trick !!

16. Harry says:

sharkey, you dont want to see me in the flesh mate, not a pretty sight!!

Right off to get ready, train at 2.20, see you all in th taven…..

2 nil Wham – can they hold out for another hour?

18. SharkeySure says:

West Ham 2-0 up !!!!

19. Carlito11 says:

Morning all from finsbury park! The sun is shining, westham are winning and theo van nasregas are fit! :-)

20. brigham says:

On my way to London, on the tran and should be at the Tavern for about 1445. Looking forward to the meet up.

21. 26may1989 says:

Bloody hell, when did United last have two pens given against them? Perhaps Fergie’s regretting having a pop this week.

Love that Obi Wan Kenobi reference from Antgrad!

22. Gooner in Exile says:

Quick check on BBC website brought a big smile to my face before my journey, ready to leave now….sod timetables driver I have a drink or three waiting

23. Just in from a bit of shopping – shocked to see Wham 2 up :)

Same old story, the ref helps manu get the 3 points by giving a totally incorrect penalty decision against wham.

25. Gooner in Exile says:

So is everyone drowning sorrows or getting warmed up!!! See you in 30 minutes

26. brigham says:

I am in the tavern but I do not know any of you by face. I am stood near the entrance

27. SharkeySure says:

Rasp is abt 5’8 with head of grey/white hair. Peaches has curly shoukder length hair

28. goonermichael says:

The game is on live here in Viet Nam (I think/hope) Just watched the chavs drop points. A good win will settle the boys for the run in I think

29. gunnern5 says:

1st half summary:

The Arsenal crowd are a complete and total embarrassment.

When oh when will they learn not to blame the lack of atmosphere on the guy next to them and take some personal responsibility????!!!

Pisses me right off – they are the privileged 60,000 who get to watch the game and they do F*** all to encourage the team.

Supporters my arse……………………..

30. goonermichael says:

That looks like season over to me. I can’t really see this team winning anything. I’m an optimist but they’re not good enough

31. gunnern5 says:

Game report: Arsenal supporters -0 Blackburn 0.

We’re done, I’m afraid.
    Let’s hope we can stay strong to get automatic CL qualifying and not have to pre-qualify.
    MickeyK – you were right after all.
    Very disappointing.

33. Carlito11 says:

I still think there will be twists and turns so I haven’t given up hope. However, the contrast with manure’s comeback and th widening of the gap at the top makes we worry. It looks like we lack character leadership and bite.
    Was great to meet so many aaers today. A real upside to a disappointing game.

34. goonermichael says:

It’s out of our hands now and I can’t see us beating the mancs (or the scum away)

Sadly we’re not a championship winning team.

Just seen Arsene’s interview on the BBC website.
    I’m pleased he didn’t make excuses or talk about bad luck or mental strength.
    He was very honest and it sounded like the words of a man who knows he has a team in a fantastic position to claim the title, but without the will to do so.

As Gn5 says, from watching the telly the crowd seemed nervy, quiet and subdued. Is that fair?

38. Gooner in Exile says:

First thing a Doommonger said to me on train

“why didn’t Lehmann start?”

I seriously give up.

Poor poor effort today, bumped into Sharkey and met Wonderman outside the Grove, we agreed if we had 9 cup finals before kick off the players certainly didn’t appear to realise it.

I also pointed out that it will be interesting where most people place blame, the absence of Diaby, Denilson means there were none of the usual scapegoats on the pitch. And Samir played through the middle where everyone thinks he should play and didn’t do much.

Thought Bendtner showed a lot of effort when he came on….if only he could have played up front rather than going out on right wing again.

Until we can upset the opposition enough to break ranks of two banks of four we will continue to struggle.

Fair points GiE
    My big bugbear was the slowness of our play. On the occasions Rovers pushed forward and we won the ball back and had a chance to break, we would invariably stop, check inside and play a square ball.
    All pace has gone from this team.

40. Gooner in Exile says:

Was a fair bit of singing in North Bank Lower Rocky but not until the end did the volume really lift when we started to pressure. A very negative reaction to Almunia unfortunately and sone of the things being said about NikB were laughable, at least he was on the end of a couple of chances.

The thing that strikes me is the fans were more vocal in negativity at the end (booing) than they were in positivity from the start. They even booed NikB as he came over to applaud the fans, thought that was laughable behaviour.

I was surrounded by some pretty good Season Ticket holders who were supportive and if anything sarcastically resigned to a 0-0.

It’s difficult to see how Wengerball beats teams that have no interest of coming to play football or attack with more than 2/3 bodies. When we did have chances to break it was all to slowly slowly. It’s dying for an injection of pace on the break but is rarely forthcoming.

Good to meet so many more AAers, great fun outside the Tavern.

Someone about ten rows in front of me had obviously partaken in a bit too much prematch nerve settling. He had fallen asleep and i think been sick in his seat judging by the clean up after he was ejected from the ground.

41. gunnern5 says:

Great team crying out loud for great support………..

Guess what – the supporters are more concerned about good manners and good grammar than singing for the team …….I ask ya!!!!

Arsene is clearly thinking: “What’s with these players? The title is there for the taking and they show no urgency or desire.”

Gn5
    I’m not sure it’s as simple as that…
    But I’m sure loud vocal support for the whole game would have helped.

44. gunnern5 says:

A bit of JFK.

Ask not what your team can do for you.

ASK what you can do for your team…

45. London says:

Hi GIE

It was good to see you again. I have a slight difference though: if teams are playing two banks of four how will pace help?
    My bug bear is when you think of the amount of crosses Sagna puts in during 90 minutes does it take a genius to work out that we need another body apart from the isolated Van Persie in the middle.

46. London says:

Hi Rocky

That is one way of looking at it or…..perhaps the system that Wenger is employing is wrong?

47. SharkeySure says:

Evening all,

Just back from the game. Disappointing afternoon. As GiE has already explained on my behalf, you just wonder if our players really know what a ‘Cup Final’ is.

We just don’t seem to turn up anymore.

We started to show some urgency over the last 20mins or so, but it was all too little too late. We had enough chances to win the game, but I just can’t quite see that we deserved to.

The ‘lets all be nice to each other’ mentality is costing us. The players need to understand that winning is the only aim, and if you have to upset you’re mate in the process then so be it. Sat in the dressing room with 3points afterwards, you can then tell him that you’re sorry if you hurt his feelings during the game.

We fight on.

48. Gooner in Exile says:

Gn5

I was lucky to sit round a few vocals today, but to be fair I couldn’t even hear red action and I was sitting three blocks away.

You look around there are pockets of people singing but not enough in between. The couple on the left of me were talking about employee bonuses for half the first half, but all around me stayed until the end, and were heavily critical of those leaving with 7 minutes to go. So many going when there’s a chance we could still win the game…. :(

49. gunnern5 says:

Rocky,

I’ve played in many, many games where then difference was the supporters.

Our supporters are indifferent, accusatory and lack pure unadulterated love for their team.

They don`t seem to realize that they have a role to play and appear to be wallflowers rather than fans.

50. SharkeySure says:

London 9.16. I agree that we seem to be missing a trick when we allow teams to set up to prevent us passing thru them, and we then spend 90mins trying to pass thru them.

Even worse when we have three tall forwards on the pitch, but still we try to pass thru them.

Didn’t most of our chances late on come from headers. Nik B was very strong in the air today, and with a bit of luck he could have won it today. He showed level of the desire that was required today.

Are you a pro sportsman Gn5?

52. Gooner in Exile says:

London,

I agree pace is not going to affect a parked double decker but when they did actually commit more than 5 men forward we had the opportunity to break and no one was busting a gut to get there.

I agree with you that we need to have either Cham or Nik B starting up with RvP, we HAVE to at least threaten them, why wouldn’t you let us have possession out wide when we rarely have one let alone two bodies in the box to do anything with the cross. And not threatening ones at that. If they start up front just perhaps the opposition will have to close down the cross more aggressively which would thenhopefully present space to play the silky stuff.

My abiding memory of the last 15 mins is Bendy and Rvp out on the wings. We should have just put them in the middle and had the fullbacks pump it in. Not stylish, but it might have got us the points.

54. London says:

I share your frustration GIE

London
    There were several occasions where we had the chance to break before the Rovers players reorganised and each time we slowed it down ourselves. Crazy.

56. gunnern5 says:

Rocky: I`m 73 years old and never was a pro but you don`t have to have been a pro to realize what a difference the crowd makes in player motivation.

Gn5
    Agreed – it was your comment “I’ve played in many, many games where then difference was the supporters.” that made me think you must have played professionally.

58. gunnern5 says:

Rocky; to be awfully frank nothing aggrieves me more than fans who have the temerity to criticize the players and manager when they themselves did sod all to support……

59. Gooner in Exile says:

“If I were still attending I would be unable to talk right now as I would have lost my voice supporting my team.”

I’ll be hoarse tomorrow, not as much as after Stoke away in FA Cup last season I had no voice for three days …… And we lost and fielded a very young team.

I’m going to retire for the night and watch a movie with the wife. Hopefully I’ll cone back feeling more positive tomorrow to read Harrys match report, I think I’m more looking forward to his report on the AA posse at the Tavern.

No word from Evonne or 26 yet …..,.. “Love is in the air” :D

60. I think the mental strength that Arsene talks about is that he’s convinced them that if they keep playing the same way – passing, passing, passing then eventually they will score which often has been the case.

The problem is that sometimes they just have to take their chances and put their boot through the ball and not pass to someone else. It’s so frustrating, the part of the game that makes Wengerball so fabulous to watch also kills our game at times.

Anyone got the stats for the game?

Thanks to everyone that turned up at The Tavern, shame we didn’t get the result to end the day as fun as it started.

GiE – agree with you about Red Action, don’t remember hearing them at all today – were they on strike?

61. SharkeySure says:

Oh and great to meet so many from AA today. Peaches, Chary and Rasp for a second time, and also Evonne, Carlito, Mickey, Harry, Big Raddy, and 26M.

Sorry to miss you Brigham.

62. SharkeySure says:

“No word from Evonne or 26 yet …..,.. “Love is in the air”

Ooh you are awful GiE…but I like you. Just wait til RedA catches up with that one

63. Gooner in Exile says:

Stats arsenal first
    Possession 56% – 44%
    Attempts On Target 11-2
    Attempts off target 8-5
    Corners 11-4
    Fouls 10-9

64. Gooner in Exile says:

You’re right Sharkey RedA will be really jealous….:D

65. SharkeySure says:

Just saw Vidic’s display on MOTD and the pen awarded for 3-2 to Man U.

If we had collected 3pts today, I’d be fuming about what I’ve seen. As it is, I’m a bit nonplussed. Bothered but not too bothered, sort of, as I feel a bit churlish to start claiming that the PL’s bent when we are doing our best not to win it for ourselves.

I have lost my voice and I don’t appreciate everyone being tarred with the same brush.

The disappointment is palpable whether at the game or watching from afar. Four headers that missed the target in the last 15 minutes and passing when shooting was an easier option stick in my craw.

We could still win it if manu stop playing like manu and Arsenal stop playing like Arsenal. :(

67. Brigham says:

Sorry that I did not get to meet up with you all today at the Tavern. I was there from about 1450 until 1640 and could not see anyone I thought may be you lot. Next time maybe?

As for the game. I have not long got back home to deepest darkest Hampshire and had plenty of time to think back over the game today and you know what? I cannot bring myself to talk about it at all other than we were poor today, lack of fight, lack of any creativity or spark.

Onwards and upwards and we are still in there of a sort.

COYRRG

68. gunnern5 says:

Rasp: I could care less whether you appreciate it or not. |The crowd was miserable and that is a fact not an opinion. If you lost your voice then stand tall but don’t criticize me for talking facts.

Oh I forgot only the in crowd can be rude and use the f word – outsiders have to watch their manners or be admonished.

This will be my very last post.

69. Gooner in Exile says:

Rasp you’ve just reminded me of Jacks second half run and when through could have shot but chose to pass. But I guess he is just following his teammates in that.

It was an if only game yet again, if only something had come from our early chances (Theo and Jack spring to mind)…..my Dad thought the injury to Nasri and then Sagna seemed to affect us, before good after bad until Blackburn went down to ten and we looked up for it again.

70. Gooner in Exile says:

Gn5, most of us agree with you we are all peeved by lack of support in the ground.

We probably have one of the best away supports (noise and numbers wise) in the league.

Unfortunately the way tickets are sold in the ground means apart from Red Action section there is no bank from where the noise can grow.

At Highbury pre all seater the East and West didn’t create noise, now those fans are all around the ground, and the singers of old are also dispersed through the ground.

GIE,
    you bring up a valid point about the injury to Nasri especially and then Sagna.
    I thought up to that point we could have bagged a couple with a bit of luck, and Theo was outstanding, yet not for the first time drifted out of the game.Those opening 10+ minutes there was fluidity and pace,but then we ran out of ideas.cross after cross,yet no one in the box.
    The diaby and denilson distractors have no arguement on this performance.
    To me RVP is not fully fit and as I have maintained all season cesc has his mind elsewhere.
    I feel sorry for almunia, he shouldn’t be playing,he is shot,but we have no ther choice.
    The winning mentality is just not there,and that is what puts us apart from United.player for player (on their day)we are just as good but more and more teams now know how to play against us and obviously there must be a loss of confidence amongst the players after these past three weeks.
    As already mentioned, we have lost our pace,maybe too many games have caught up with us,unfortunately at a critical part of the seaso.
    I would argue that being critical sometimes makes one a real supporter,as deep down we all regard Arsenal as part of our family.
    When you have players like samba in defence surely we should have started with either chamakh or bendtner to assist RVP, not bring them on when we are chasing the game for a result against ten men,which in some ways made it harder for us as Blackburn just defended even more in numbers.
    I can’t comment on the crowd as i wasn’t there,but to boo the players off the pitch,helps no one.
    maybe our expectations were too high for if you look at the points we have dropped at home this season,not many would have envisaged that.
    The trouble is that i don’t know the answer and each game in the run in will be massive as we are so unpredictable,as we have been all season.

GN5,
    You need to change the record. Do you hear the pundits/experts/commentators anywhere saying “Arsenal failed to score because the crowd were too quiet”?

I know how quiet the crowd were I was there and I wasn’t quiet and neither were any of the other AA’ers present. Scapegoating the suppporters is as ridiculous as scapegoating individual players. The reason we failed to win the game was down to the players not the supporters.

I appreciate you don’t care whether I am p*****d of that you always blame the supporters when we fail on the pitch, but when you have just sat through 90 minutes of frustration you get a bit sensitive and turning on fellow supporters is not helpful. The team let us down yesterday.

Mickeyk,
    You were right.

Now moving on to important matters…
    Thoroughly enjoyed meeting up yesterday. That is what being a supporter is all about. The comraderie. A lifetime of shared highs and lows. So a massive thank you to Rasp, Peaches, BR and other founding mothers and fathers for making it happen.

Now the crowd thing.
    GiE is spot on about the dispersal around the ground post Highbury standing, although there is more to it than that. How come so many non vocalists can russle up sound when we play Barca?
    Yesterday BR and I had a couple of complete tools behind us. The warning shot was fired when Almunia’s name was greeted with the “c” word (BR and I did have a little “chat” with them), but it certainly reminded me why I so dislike seat allocated season tickets, as I could never spend my “Arsenal” time surrounded by them week in week out.

76. Evonne says:

Sharkey – you little rascal, stop stirring!! 26may is a perfect gentleman and never touched my knee!
    Raddy on the other hand – do you know what he said about me – oh, I thought you were short and fat, with short black hair – geeez he thought I looked like Del Boy

Pleasure to meet you again yesterday mickey, Sharkey and Harry and great to meet Raddy, London, GiE, Evonne and 26may for the first time. We all knew the enormity of yesterday’s game and our support was/is unconditional.

78. Evonne says:

All – look on the bright side guys, we were not the only team to mess up this weekend. It is tough this time of season and the unpredictable results are plentiful. At least AW didn’t spend sh*tloads of rubles just to draw at full time :)

Fans booing was a disgrace. 26may and I sat very close to the tunnel and some abuse hurled at Wenger was too loud for Arsene not to hear it, shame shame shame. We owe that man so much, how dare they

79. Evonne says:

Raddy – the team line up was just as you wished, perhaps AW reads this blog?

Evonne,
    You can fool some of us some of the time and all that, but simply saying 26 did not touch your knee is hardly conclusive is it?

Evonne,
    Just thinking about you BR comment on perceived appearances, these avatar things are very deceptive. Apart from Chary, who like his avatar really does look like a seventies porn star, London looks absolutely nothing like a tube sign. Not even close. I actually wonder whether some posters turn up at games with confused identities. You see Carlito is about 60, not 33’ish, so that was all wrong. I thought GiE was really BR, because obviously someone called “in exile” is the one in Denmark and so on. This begs the question as to the identity of the avatarless ones. I am thinking of RA, who wasn’t there yesterday. Or was he?

Right, off to Padstow for the day.
    I tell you what made me feel a little better, was sharing the journey back with some West Ham lads.
    Bye.

so no one agreed even in part with my post.

84. Evonne says:

Kelsey – on the contrary, you are spot on, not much to add to it! RVP was invisable for most of the game, Almunia nervous as hell and ‘fans’ bastardly’.
    I did ask the question before the game – when was the last time Arsenal came back from 2 nil to win the game 4:2, nobody could remember

85. Gooner in Exile says:

I agree Kelsey with most all of it. Especially not knowing the answer….how can you inject belief?

We have a great match report from Harry but I’m having trouble getting it into wordpress atm – keep chatting ;)

The wenger out brigade will grow,but to no avail.he has a job for as long as he wants.no pressure from the board,which in itself is unique.
    Apart from jack, there is not one player anymore that i would believe would be loyal to the club and give 100% every game,that’s what money has done to the game and fans are more distant than ever to the players.

Sorry I missed you all yesterday. I got dragged over to the Holloway Road to the Rocket.

Travelling to the game, we couldn’t believe how long it seemed since the last time we’d been sat in the Emirates. Then 90 minutes later the exact same feeling from the Sunderland home game had overwhelmed us as if there’d been no gap at all.
    Shame.

89. dandan says:

Kelsey. Personally I cant agree with that. I do not believe for one moment any professional deliberately gives less than his best, unless he is in dispute with his employer or wants away, are you suggesting that many of our players are in that position

90. I must be being really dim here but Harry has written part of his post on his phone and I can’t get the font to change – anyone got any ideas how to help?

I could email them the post and they could email it back to me as a doc. I’ve changed it to a word doc but when I import it to wordpress it goes back to a different font.

Evonne we came back from 1-3 down at home to middlesborough to win 5-3, i think in the 49 unbeaten run season.will that do ;)

dandan, no not exactly but for so many it’s money money money and i just can’t see players staying at the club in this day and age as they did previously for say 5 + seasons.maybe i didn’t express myself properly, which isn’t unusual for me.

New post …..

94. Evonne says:

Kelsey – I will have to do! There was nothing better since then :(

95. johnQ says:

we win 4-2 last season against bolton at home after being 2-0 down in the first 20 minutes. I still remember it because it’s Rosicky second goal of the season. and it’s a screamer!

Gn5
    This is the second time you have flounced off.
    For someone who keeps telling us all about your 73 years of experience you seem remarkably immature.
    It’s your choice whether you post here again or not, but I suspect the loss is your, not ours.

97. Evonne says:

johnQ- thanks for that! So we can do it