Give a warm Emirates welcome to Mr. Ryan Shawcross

Firstly, I would like to thank all those who wrote such kind words regarding my piece in  the Arsenal in the Community book. Secondly, I would like to thank Peaches and Rasp for establishing such a hotbed of creative activity.

Which has nothing whatsoever to do with Stoke, particularly the “hotbed of creative activity!!” We know what to expect from this Stoke team under the tutelage of Mr Pulis, it will be park the bus, long throw ins and long, long balls to test the aerial expertise of our defence.  The midfield will be tigerish putting our skill players under intense physical pressure and yet trying to remain within the rules. Pulis will not be distraught if another Stoke player gets a red card because his defence for any loss will be that Arsenal are a team of foreign pouffs and divers…… “Same old Arsenal, Always cheating.”  Mr Wenger doesn’t speak to Pulis which tells me all I need to know about the Stoke manager.

Lest we forget, Ryan Shawcross is a stalwart in the Stoke defence, an innocent according to his manager, a nice guy who doesn’t deserve the criticisms from fans according to the pandering British press, and an out and out thug according to Aaron Ramsey. This is what the super-intelligent contributors to Arsenal Arsenal think:

Gunnern 5  “I hope that Shawcross gets the worst, and most sustained, barracking that any player has ever received from an Arsenal crowd.”

Rocky Lives “I hope our home support is loud and sustained and drowns out any noise from those Stoke tw*ts who sang abusive songs at Aaron Ramsey as he lay on the deck with half his leg hanging off”.

As you can see, there is not much love lost between Stoke and the Arsenal fans. Unlike WBA, Stoke will not come and try beat us playing stylish attacking football – Stoke will come to be efficient with the hope they can create an upset and return to the Potteries with a point. We must stop them.

At last we are getting back to a full squad. There are rumours of Diaby’s return to fitness, though he will need some pitch time to regain his sharpness. I know he is not to everyone’s taste but I believe he has all the qualities to be a valuable squad member. Theo, Nik, and RvP are vying for a start. For me the experiment of playing RvP as a deep lying forward in the DB10 mode is not working and needs to be abandoned. I want to see Robin leading the line and as such would give Chamakh a 70 minute rest.

My team:

Bench.  Chesney, Nik, Kos, Cesc, Chamakh, Arshavin, Gibbs

I believe the height of Djourou will be important as will the strength of Squillaci and Song. If Diaby really is fit, I would give him the first hour, but am expecting Wilshere to start. I really hope Fabregas will be given more time to recover, my personal choice would be that he takes a week off in the Maldives and comes back full of vim and vigour, but as Club Captain I guess he will be desperate to start.

CL draw. Barcelona. I would have preferred to meet them in the Semi’s but we are going to have to beat them to win the thing, so let’s get them out the way in 8 weeks. If TV and Cesc are fit, we will win and win comfortably. 3-0 at home and a draw away.

Today we can bounce back from Monday’s disappointment and return to the top. 4 goals would be nice…..

COYRRG

41 Responses to Give a warm Emirates welcome to Mr. Ryan Shawcross

Hooray, my first “totally disagree” comment ever on this site.
    Firstly BR, thanks for post, now for the aforementioned. No Gibbs, and I don’t think Rosicky should play anywhere central. Also, on a personal note, you have ignored my demands for a “down the left Theo”. On a positive note, I am with you on RvP and Shawcross. Here’s my team that won’t happen:
    …….Fab
    Sag Kos JD Gibbs
    …..Song JW
    Ros RvP Theo

I want all ten Arsenal outfielders to take to the pitch armed with little towels to be used before every single bloody throw in.

Raddy,
    Think Mental Health. Now stop watching cricket!

Morning Micky,

The Wigan game has just been called off …… not only do we have a chance to go top again today, but we may benefit from fixture congestion affecting our rivals later in the season.

We didn’t play ‘our football’ against the mancs – we have to rediscover our rhythm today and significantly improve our goal difference.

5. Mickey – Theo down the left – why? Players that aren’t left-footers don’t like playing on the left I thought :oops:

It’s so he can cut in (if the defender allows) and use his right foot peaches – probably worth a try at some point during the game.

I’m fascinated to see if AW picks his team to suit the opposition today = Szczesny and Djourou. I know Arsene likes to think of football as a game of chess, but today, we may have to play basketball!

7. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Evening all

Is the game going to be snowed out?

8. does anyone know whether todays game will be played or not i was gonna go to the game myself but will it be played on ?

9. As usual there’s no information on Arsenal.com about the game – my worry would be the internal stairs after the game, if all the wet that get walked in freezes it will be quite dangerous.

Micky. :-) For a total disagreement, you make only one change from my team! And I continue to believe Clichy remains the better player.

As to the placings, blame Rasp. I just write the names Rasp puts them into the fromation as he is the master of the graphic (see today’s super picture of Shawcross).

We have had a huge dump of snow overnight, nothing is functioning, and so I hope the game goes ahead as I have nothing to do but stay in and watch football.

11. Red Arse says:

Got to say guys, if it is snowing around Highbury like it is here in Hertfordshire, there is no chance of the game being played.

Hope I’m wrong!

Loved the Post Raddy! :-)

Hi RA, I’m in Hertfordshire and it’s not snowing – you must be the other side of the county?

13. My daughter’s in Finsbury Pk and its snowing there :(

14. Rasp – we must try to work out how to get a link to the premiership table to put in the side-bar.

15. Red Arse says:

Hi Rasp,

Hemel Hempsted/High Wycombe. It is snowing like b*ggery, at least 3 inches in the space of 40 mins, and the forecast is that it is likely to continue for some hours yet. I am snowed in already!

Everything is serenely beautiful and the silence (no vehicles) is eerie! :-)

It is getting late to cancel the game. Those poor Potters will be on the M1/6 as I write…..

17. Red Arse says:

Oh stop it Raddy. I am welling up thinking of poor Pulis and the legbreaker being stuck in the snow!! :-)

18. Hi Raddy – nice post, I remember that in a previous Stoke post you ran the area down and we had a very polite Stokey on putting you in your place :lol:

19. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Thanx for the snow tip. I should get a good nights sleep then.

OK – so are we going to be playing Szczesny and Djourou or Fab2 and squidgy?

21. I think Chesney and Djourou except that AW only plays Djourou when he’s desperate

22. Red Arse says:

Just seen pictures of the Emirates on Sky.

Chances …… fat! :-(

23. gnarley – whats happening in the cricket? Have your lot remembered how to bowl?

24. I remember from the last time a game was cancelled it was decided by the police not the club …….

There’s now an update on Arse.com from 11.30 saying the game is going ahead but they are monitoring it.

Peaches,
    Give Theo a go is all I ask. I happen to think he would very, very effective.
    Rasp, you say “if” the defender allows him to cut in, which is no different to left backs shepherding him out for a goal kick knowing he can’t cross! Coming down the left flank and cutting in, Theo has an excellent shot off his right boot.

4″ of snow here in Devon, and we have discovered snow boarding on our bodyboards, so its back outside until kick off. Lets hope its a goer. Have fun all ye who will be there.

So no takers for my towel idea? It really annoys me, all that bloomin’ throw in fiasco. Where in the rules does it say that it is legal to use additional machinery. Guilty until proven innocent, I say.

28. Thought you were outside snow boarding ;)

Snoods, towels what next I ask you? Flasks of tea? :lol:

29. Sorry guys its off :( :( :(

RA,
    Where we live, you cannot hear any cars at any time, and yet the snow appears to intensify the quietness. There are clearly different levels of noiselessness!
    Back later.

Peaches,
    Oh b……s!!
    (Its a quick coffee break).

32. London says:

Good Post

As ever BR.

33. Gonna need some posts this week chaps now that the game is postponed – nine days until we play again :(

34. Pat says:

We’ve had a bit of rain down here in Spain too…….

Pat. Is haht meant to be a joke?

36. Demented Gooner says:

Congrats all. Love these posts. Lots of wit and larffs and just enough hate of nice Mr S, to give it all some real edge. Have spent the morning winding up my Potters friend who had the bad luck to invite me to go to That Game with him, when Ramsey was felled. ‘Fans’ around us sang “He’s only got one leg”. We definitely owe them one. Go4it.

Shame the game’s off. Thankyou Demented for that reminder of what a bunch of twunts the Stoke fans are.

No snow in Toronto! :)

38. gnarleygeorge9 says:

:cool:

New post……

40. Thank you for this insightful information. Often times, the greatest answers come from the blog posts you would not expect. Recently, I didn’t give much thought to placing comments on blog posts and have left responses even less. Checking out your valuable post, is going to inspire me to do this on a regular basis.