Can you remember May 11th 1993?

Yesterday I had the great pleasure of describing my path to the Light, and my close encounter with The Dark Side. Today is an opportunity to reflect upon past games against The Stratford-Bound Spurs (please Mr Levy take them there – you will be lauded forever in the anals of history – deliberate spelling ;-) )

Let us start back in Black and White. Not that wonderful Spurs double team of ‘61 but the supposedly as good side of ‘71; Gilzean, Chivers, Peters, Mullery, Perryman, Knowles and the best keeper of his generation Pat Jennings  formed the basis of their team with Mike England the cornerstone of their defence. We mullered them at WHL to take the League title with Raddy and Kennedy heroes of the night. The next week Charlie George secured our FIRST double.

Then there is the classic 5-0 at WHL in Dec 1978 with that wonderful Liam Brady goal. Or the 1-0 in the Cup semi-final at Wembley when TA gained our revenge for that awful day two years previous, when Gazza and Lineker’s goals sent me on a truly depressing drive home on the North Circular.

Thinking of great goals. Has anyone scored a better goal than Thierry in 2002. Receiving the ball in his own half, and weaving his way at speed through an increasingly bewildered Spurs defence before finishing with aplomb and running  Adebayor-esque up to the stunned Spurs fans in the Clock End. Sliding up to them on his knees the picture taken from his back towards those saps is one of the images of the decade.

Have we won the League at White Hart Lane just once? 2004. We arrive needing just a point to win the Premiership. Vieira scores in the first half. Pires adds a second. The Spuds jammed one from Redknapp (he used to play football) and get a second to force a draw through a dodgy penalty in the 93rd minute, by which time the only fans in the ground were wearing the Red and White.  The lads parading the champagne and the Cup around White Hart Lane was a delicious moment.

Then there was Fabregas’s classic at the Grove just a couple of years ago. The commentator had this to say “one of the greatest solo goals in Premiership history”. And Fab is better now….

Can you recall a victory for Spurs at our place? Would it surprise you if I told you it was 11th May 1993? I was at the game along with a paltry crowd of 26k. It was the last game of the season and we played our reserves, included in our team were Mark Flatts, Neil Heaney, Scott Marshall, Lyderson, Alan Miller and Gavin MacGowan. Why? Because we were playing Sheffield Wednesday on the 15th at Wembley where we won the Cup Double. Teddy scored for Spurs that day as he was to do so often down the years. He remains my and most other Arsenal fans most disliked player.

But let us think about that. 1993 against a reserve team. More than 17 years ago.

And before that? According to the Spurs website it was in January 1985, with goals from Garth Crooks and Mark Falco !! To say that we have dominated is a misnomer – we have ruled the North London divide for 25 years.

We have heard yesterday how the pendulum is/has swung Tottenham’s way. Where is the evidence for such a ludicrous statement? Is it in the table where they languish 5 places below us. Is it in their goalscoring record? No, we have scored 5 more than them already. The defence? Can’t be –  they have conceded 5 more than us. Is it their attendances – don’t be silly. The only evidence I can come up with where they are ahead of us is that they have spent tens of millions more than Arsenal in assembling their squad – but then they always have, so I can’t see the pendulum swinging.

As was pointed out in the comments, it is Liverpool who have suffered from the upturn in Tottenham’s form, but will they be able to maintain their place in the Champions League? In my opinion Everton, Villa and City are the frontrunners for 4th. Spurs are below Bolton and Sunderland yet their fans remain delusional!!

Spurs will consider leaving with a point a major victory and further proof of their improvement, whereas we will consider it two easy points thrown away.

One further point – a good refereeing performance is essential in a NLD, today we have Phil Dowd, a ref who is a disciplinarian. Let’s hope the game doesn’t rest on one of his more controversial decisions

Could today be the day when Spurs finally break their hoodoo?  What do you think?

COYRRG

127 Responses to Can you remember May 11th 1993?

Oh show some bloody respect to the author Micky.
    Great post BR.
    It actually has the makings of a great encounter. The girls from the Lane do play good football and there will be chances for both teams and as I said earlier, I think it will be down to the strikers rather than midfields or defences.

Be loud all of you who are off to the game. Looks like you have set off already.

No need Micky – the wife doesn’t ;-)

I hope the dates are accurate, as I took them from a Spurs website!!

I am getting the PMT (pre match tension) and consequently becoming ratty. Better get out of the house and to the Arsenal Sportsbar to join other kidred spirits.

I can see a really good game today, both teams are full of attacking players and have suspect defences – though we have improved vastly with the assistance of Fabianski’s fine form.

Two hours, fifty nine minutes and counting..tick tock

Arsenal Sports Bar? Copenhagen? That’s it, I’m emigrating!

IThinking Fabianski ….. we may well benefit from Defoe starting as opposed to Crouch. We are more susceptible to long ball tactics and crosses than fast tricky forwards.

Micky. It is actually an everyday sportsbar but home to the Danish Arsenal Fanclub (which has over 1000 members).

And there are other reasons to move to Scandinavia ;-)

Amazing stats about our home record v Spuds isn’t it?

9. Morning Micky – can’t have you talking to yourself

Great post Raddy – I dare them to try to come on today ;)

With any luck NN will decide to publish the post some time in the next 2 hours for now it looks like its just us. Are the spuds favourites for this game it was just the lead story on the 10 o’clock news!!!!!! Has anyone in the media noticed that we’re 2nd and they’re 7th or something :roll:

Peaches,
    Morning. I have four cats to talk to, so absolutely no problem on that front!

Peaches,
    Assuming you are going to the game, could you please ensure that Rasp is suitably dressed, with his lucky garment atop his nonce. Thank you.

12. gnarleygeorge9 says:

What do I think?

I think you really feel contempt for spurs :lol:

Damn right I do GG

14. gnarleygeorge9 says:

A word or 2 to the yiddish:-

“Don’t mess with the Johan” :)

With the availablilty of Koscielny, would you start Djourou? I Which CB’s would you play?

Kos has the speed, whereas we are more settled with Squil and JD. So the latter for me.

For me the bigger question is, who to partner Song. Den or JW? And its Den for moi.

18. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Yep I’d start with JD & squid. For the sake of continuity and also Spuds love the long ball in from out wide, & Johan is good in the air ;)

19. gnarleygeorge9 says:

….infact spuds are really just long ball from anywhere :lol: apart from Bale

Agreed. That’s the defence then. Now midfield. IMO Den and Song allow Cesc to do what he does best. Also, I think Den will do a more seasoned job of breaking up the Spurs midfield.

Right. I am off to the pub.

Best of luck to the boys. To those of you lucky enough to be going shout your heart out….

COYRRG

Enjoy it BR.
    I’m off out for some air, and frankly, to kill some time. Back for KO.

23. 26may1989 says:

Am walking up the Holloway Road now, and have realised the thing that’s really worrying me about this game is the confidence I feel.. No, doesn’t make much sense to me either….

Right, 7.20 here in Canada. About to head off to my mate’s house to watch.
    Give it plenty of voice all of you who are going.
    COME ON!!!!!!!

And BR – another wonderful post – you really do write some great stuff.

Right, off now. Nervous as hell but (sort of) confident.

Looks like that pompous twat Micky was right about the line up.
    Catch anyone at half time.
    Do your stuff you Mighty Gunners.

27. gunnern5 says:

2-0 after 27 minutes – and I’m still nervous.

28. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Any spuds been on here :lol:

THIS IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
    And I was wrong about the line up Kos playing. Sorry. Glad Den playing with Song. Cesc can really be free to do some damage.

30. charybdis1966 says:

2-0 half time, so far so good.

Come on. One more goal and its top of the league time.

32. gunnern5 says:

No Spuds to be seen – they’ve gone back underground where they came from.

Great first half and this team of ours will only get better, says a lot when gallas is spurs best man.
    fabregas of old today, and even if arry changes the strikers the defence will still be non existant.

All round our midfield is excellent.

34. charybdis1966 says:

And a good, stirring pre match post Radders, much better than the hate filled invective I would have put in my post!

35. gunnern5 says:

I hate a 2-0 scoreline as the next goal can either close the game up or give the Spuds momentum. But 2-0 sure looks great and it’s way better than 0-2.

Hey Spuds. The pendulum is swinging.

Oh no, sorry. My mistake. A big one too.

38. gunnern5 says:

Damn 2-1

39. gunnern5 says:

Dear oh Dear 2-2

40. gunnern5 says:

It doesn’t get much worse than this……..

41. trollz says:

LOL.

Wenger out. we need real men in the team.

Song, denilson are a joke

42. gunnern5 says:

It just got worse – it’s over…….

43. 26may1989 says:

I am utterly mystified as to how that happened but, galling as it is, well done Spurs. We just seemed to run out of steam, and they were clinical in the second half. No excuses, you just don’t lose at home from 2-0 up and dominant.

44. Irishgunner says:

What a fucking pack of shite – Arsene needs to cop the fuck on, should hang his head in shame overseeing that excuse for a second half – a fucking disgrace.

45. Alan says:

‘no excuses’ at fcuking last.

Wenger can’t dig into his excusesbook today. No dodgy ref decisions, no bad tackles no cheating. Just we were better. That’s it.

I’m not sure anyone here is going to argue with you about that, Alan.

Same old faults.
    The first goal came from us all piling forward for a free kick when we’re 2-0 up. And naturally it came down Clichy’s side.
    Fabregas handball was just stupid (although it was quite clearly not a free kick in the first place).
    Third goal – the way we get beaten in the air week in week out.
    Usual lack of concentration and focus.
    Usual lack of leaders on the pitch.
    We were clearly the better side and still contrived to lose – which has to be laid at Wenger’s door.

48. goonermichael says:

Time for wenger to go. This team is spineless.

Funny thing is, when we beat the Spuds I read Arsenal blogs, yet the Spudders all want to come over here.
    But it’s like the deprived children getting a big day out in town – it’s so rare they’re going to make the most of it and good luck to ‘em.

50. hoopspur says:

BR – I like your blog mate. As you remember first time visitor yesterday. Still easily accessible through the Newsnow Spurs site too. Best wishes to all my newly found gooner chums.

And for the record Spuds – fair dos – you’ve made a habit of coming back in games this season and it was a fair win.

Lee,
    Got no mates? Nowhere to go? Your own blog? Knob.

53. Irishgunner says:

Spurs lads wouldn’t ye want to be heading to the shop to get the dvd before they sell out? Off ye trot.

54. ShelfLife says:

Can’t rememebr much about 1993 to be honest but I’ll remember 20 November 2010 well enough! I’m not one to engage in schadenfreude so I’ll just say great game and unlucky boys. Hopefully you’ll forgive me for fewling a little smug, after all, as you know all to well, it’s been a while!

Rocky,
    You are wasting your time. Most people on this site can be gracious in defeat, however pissed off we are with our lot, but impossible with some of these twats.

I’ll allow spud comments that are just banter – like the last one, but I will publish the names of anymore of you morons that come and are disrespectful.

dandan and kelsey – weren’t you supposed to be monitoring this?

Australian? Nuff said. Prat.

58. Lukakukukukuku says:

tottenham fans are such retards -.- you noticed the premierleague table?

59. ShelfLife says:

Rocky, than you for you gracious sentiments sir. For what it’s worth, I feel Spurs still have a way to go before we are competing with the likes of Arsenal on a consistent basis. This result doesn’t change that, but as I say, you’ll hopefulyy forgive us toasting the moment while it lasts.

Shelflife – well done for representing the Sp*rs fans with brains (and we’ve had a few of you on here lately, who’ve engaged in some decent banter).
    Enjoy your moment.

Shelflife,
    Forgiven. Gracious in victory. Sportsman. Very un-Australian like.

Gnarley,
    If you’re out there, I apologize for you know what. Got wound up by some mouth breathing knuckle scraper.

3 shots on target 3 goals – how the hell did that happen?

Did Fab make a save? This defeat wasn’t about spine or desire, it was because our attack wasn’t clinical and theirs was.

I don’t think it is possible to look at any of our players and point the finger of blame

Well played Spurs

64. dandan says:

Rasp Let them have there moment nothing too bad gone down that I have seen. All those years years of frustration pouring out.

65. Clockwork says:

One swallow does not make a summer and one win over Arsenal at their home does not show a swinging pendulum I agree.Nice to see Spurs competing in the CL quite welll and beating Arsenal at home.A good game and Harry won the day with some astute changes a bit of bravery and players starting to live up to their reputations , ability etc.We are good at coming back and are not the fragile team of previous years.Im looking forward to seeing how this season pans out but hopefully now we will get a bit more respect from teams and grind out a few more results.We have not overtaken Arsenal yet but we are going in the right direction.COYS!

BR,
    Dark day huh. Chamakh looks simply terrified to have a go. How many shots on target were there from both sides? These games are always decided by taking the chances. However, there is always something very wrong with chucking away a two goal lead at home.

DD. If Arsenal fans came on this site and exhibited such foul mouthed vitriol they would get banned as well.

Comments like Clockwork and Shelflife are welcome

Clockwork,
    Some good comments. You are right, ‘Arry certainly went for it, and credit to your lot for that.

No dandan,

You are incorrect. I don’t allow that kind of stuff from Arsenal supporters I’m not going to have it from other fans. Clockwork’s comment can stay because he a gent who has unfortunately chosen the wrong club ;). Either we have standards or we don’t.

If you don’t believe me dandan, have a look in deleted and trash and then tell that stuff should stay on……

Micky. I agree, we cannot consider ourselves as capable of winning the PL with perfomances like that.

Though to be fair, Spurs first wqas a superb goal, their second was rank stupidity and the 3rd was a very lucky – Kaboul had no idea where his header was going.

72. dandan says:

Isnt Irish of this site then BR

I blame everything on Rasp who was clearly not ‘lucky-knicker-headed’.

MU scored in extra time ….. again!!

75. dandan says:

Rasp I have been out with Anne since the game ended but when I looked did not see much to worry about, will do as you suggest

agree = it is Rasps fault

77. 26may1989 says:

I’ll watch the game on tv before commenting on what went so wrong, but like Micky, I’d just like to say well done to Shelflife, good reaction to an epic result for Spurs. I still don’t believe Spurs have what it takes in the long term but you have to respect a come back like that.

And as someone who dislikes Gallas, let me also acknowledge his dignified behaviour at the end of the game.

78. Clockwork says:

Not sure he did know exactly where that header was going but he did get up for it and win it.When we where two nil down at yours I did feel certainly uncomfortable and the sweaty hands where back along with the half packet of golden virginia that was smoked in record time!
    Im still shaky now!-It does amuse me slightly when i hear crys of Wenger out! Yup you have not had the same level of succsess you used do but in my book he still seems a very capable manager and you do play good football.Who wold you replace him with?After all we know a bit about managerial instability…..

Clockwork,
    I am afraid that you really have not stumbled on the “Wenger Out” site. That’ll be in full flow right now over on Le-Grove, I imagine!!
    I am planning to self-harm tonight, and I think the best available weapon is the extra strength Tobasco.

I really do not know what went wrong today, other than the bleeding obvious. We scored two and they did’nt!!

Clockwork. You won’t hear any AW out calls from the regulars on this site.

When Chamakh didn’t score the 3rd just on half time, I knew we were in for a tough 45 mins. We bring it on ourselves,

Crap result – Great game though

Hi Clockwork,

Thanks for your comments. There is no-one on here who will be calling for Wenger’s head. There are several sites where that will be the case, but they do not have the ‘open policy’ we operate on here that allows bloggers to comment without moderation. Unfortunately some of your fellow supporters have abused our hospitality today, but as Raddy has already said, you are welcome.

Snap Raddy :)

And now we are only 4 points ahead of them with some very difficult games to come

85. goonermichael says:

I’m devastated

86. Clockwork says:

Well it seem like ive founded a decent well rounded Arsenal site.I have seen a few and like a lot of ours there does seem a lot of pointless ranting.It was a great game and after all 3-2 is a close score.Don’t get me wrong im over the moon with the result-mainly because I will not have to get it the neck at work!
    Glad to see you are behind your manager over here as he has done a lot for your club.I do think you rely a little too much on younger players but they are good and will get better im sure.RVDV was £8 million well spent and im glad he came to us and AW didnt listen to RVP!

Their first goal was the game changer.
    We’re 2-0 up at home and not really under any pressure. We get a free kick outside their box and up go both centre backs, Alex Song and most of the rest of the team. Why? Surely at that point in the game we need to exercise a little caution.
    We have morphed from a team who were never more deadly than when defending set pieces to one that is never more vulnerable than when taking attacking set pieces.

Clockwork,

Don’t believe what you read in the press, or listen to the moans of some Arsenal fans. We’ve adopted a ‘youth policy’ because we’ve had no choice. We haven’t spent serious money on players since we embarked on the new stadium and I would guess that your club will have to endure a similar period of austerity when you build your new ground.

Don’t worry Clockwork, I may have to “correct” Mr Persie over that one!!

Also, I don’t know how many more times AW can talk about ‘lack of concentration’ without wanting to smack all their silly heads together.

And Cesc is playing at 65% as he has been for some time now.

91. First half we were all over them – there was the usual quickening of the heart beat whenever we gave away a corner or a free kick but mainly we were in complete control. Should have gone in at half-time at least 4 up – some unlucky control from Cesc, Samir and Chamakh.

Second half – bloody hell, we’re stroking the ball around like theres 10 minutes left to play and they’re hassling and harrying like they want to get back into the game. WHY DON’T WE RECOGNISE THAT THATS HAPPENING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

92. goonermichael says:

I wish Cesc had gone. I said it at the time and i haven’t changed my mind.

93. barumgooner says:

Hello everyone. There I was watching another exhibition of football by the gunners and bang!! Self destruction…. Fair play to the spuds though, once we gifted them a glimmer of hope they took it and played well. To me the subs changed the game. Theirs were good and well timed and ours had no impact and were nothing more than token introductions. As much as i am feeling very low by the result I cant actually fault a player, all had a pretty solid game I think……oh apart from Cham. I really like the guy but he was poor today.

The emotions are running high and possibly some things are said in the spur of the moment.

When we did a post a few days ago it was stated that it was the attack that let us down.
    gomes was rattled early on and we were in total controlwithout being at our best.
    2-0 at half time most thought the game was over,but our finishing or lack of shots cost us dearly.no names but you know the players involved.
    All our subs had no impact and I believe Djorou was missed.
    After Bale’s goal we literally went to pieces, not a pretty sight to watch and it leaves one thinking where is the motivation in the players.
    We were literally on top of the league at half time and if we are to believe that we need a three goal advantage to win a game,there are serious questions to be asked of a top team.
    Spurs didn’t win the game we literally gifted it to them, and that’s a fact.

95. barumgooner says:

We need a true leader on the pitch. Cesc is a great player and gives the team a huge lift just by being there but we dont have a natural leader who can see whats happening and change it.

96. 26may1989 says:

Sorry to say it but both sets of fans were poor today, only getting behind their teams sufficiently after a goal was scored by their team.

In a way nasri runs the show as much as cesc, and when he came off all was lost.
    Chamakh has still a lot to learn and the main thing is to shoot on sight.
    Arshavin,denilson,fabregas(first half) had good games.
    Kos,yet again shows he is far to vunerable under pressure.
    Rosicky offers little in every game this season IMO
    Walcott should have come on earlier and had no time to settle and rushed everything he did.
    RVP looked ring rusty and he amongst many couldn’t put a mark on the game.
    defensively spurs are no great shakes,though gallas was their star man for much of the game.
    Even if chelsea lose we are throwing far to many points aay at home and that does not bode well.

I have a feeling that our fortunes this season will rest heavily on the fitness RVP.

99. Clockwork says:

RVP will be key t you having a good season.Im sure you will come good though-But make sure you wrap RVP in cotton wool-A bit like we are going to have to with Bale!

100. barumgooner says:

I agree Micky, and TV aswell. If we are still within touching distance at xmas with these two fit and well we will be in with a shout

Clockwork,
    We keep the man wrapped in cotton wool, and then bubble wrap, but you can never cater for the unexpected, like a particularly long grass to fall over. The life of RvP is fraught with danger!

Birmingham win. Feeling just a tiny bit better.

The battle has been lost, the war is yet to be won.
    Well done Clockwork. Chin up AA’ists. Let the self harming begin!

104. 26may1989 says:

In terms of football, Chelsea losing makes me feel worse, it just underlines the missed opportunity. But in terms of going into the office on Monday morning, it definitely helps.

26.5.89,
    You know its May that counts, so Chelsea losing does really help. Good luck in the office anyway!
    Right, off.
    Goodnight all.

I am sorry that i didn’t obey orders rasp and peaches but a friend of ours died a few days ago and we have been a bit pre occupied.on top of that my PC is in another room to my TV.
    When i watch a stream I can monitor the site.Apologies yet again.

107. kelsey – can you gather your thoughts about the game into a post for tomorrow please

108. goonermichael says:

Today was a joke. No positives

109. 26may1989 says:

Kelsey, very sorry to hear about your friend, hope you’re coping as well as poss.

110. Tomtraubert says:

Evening

Great result for us this afternoon and not such a bad one for yourselves at Birmingham. Was trying very hard not to text/tweet Gooner mates and was doing well ’till I got an email to come over here for a look-see.

I’m not gonna say anything except tough luck lads. You can blame it on whatever you like but at the end of the day we win 3-2. You played very well in first half and if Chamakh was RVP then it’d probably be 3 at ht.

For some reason we need to go 1 or 2 behind before we wake up. Ok we played better in 2nd half but a moment of madness by Fab turned this one on its head. If we didnt score then we probably wouldn’t have for the rest of the match.

So chin up lads and good luck for the rest of the season …. of course we always hope the other loses every week but good luck anyway. Hope its a shoot out between us for 4th (or higher)….and we both have fully fit teams at the lane.

Lets have a proper ding-dong this season.

Later

Thanks Tom

I agree. The rivalry was very stale when Spurs were poor and we were so good. So much so that Chelsea became our real competition as top club in London.

It is good to have our neighbours cock a hoop, as long as it is only for one game a season!!

Just read AW’s postmattch wherein he talks of our “heavy legs”. It was clearly a factor. Nasri fell away after a fine first half following his 90mins at Wembley. Same with Chamakh and AA. Fab looked off the pace 2nd half as well.

Maybe we stop our players going to friendlies (except RvP!)

113. gunnern5 says:

It’s a rotten day but I’m still (strangely) optimistic for our season.
    We were not overrun by the Spuds we gave them the game by not wrapping it up in the 1st half.
    Our players were all tired out, these bloody friendlies get on my wick, if we don’t get injuries our players come back knackered.

Theo is still an enigma and is fast losing my support whereas Arshavin is getting better and is coming back to his earlier form.

I never saw their last two goals as I left the TV and paced around my deck, and it’s only 2 degrees outside, but I’d rather freeze my nuts off then see them score………….

114. Brigham says:

A very bad day at the office and the train journey home was a long one.

Yet again we fail to shoot when a chance beckons and prefer to overpass the ball to death and Chamakh was guilty of this a few times. Note to Chamakh, when you are virtually through on goal SHOOT! and don’t look to offload it to an imaginary player.

Fair play to Spurs, they fought back really well, but I don’t think they deserved their win as I felt we gifted it to them by playing lazily in the second half. I would love to know what our players had in their tea at half-time and think it was valium.

I am so not looking forward to work on Monday.

115. gnarleygeorge9 says:

How do you get to sleep after that. Silly me, I left my mobile phone on & got woken by a text message just as I was dozing off :evil:

I’d have to say that that is the most irritated I’ve been after a game since the Gallas sit down @ Birmingham a couple of years ago.

But @ no time did I ever think that spuds didn’t deserve what they got. They/’Arry out foxed The Arsenal, & combined it with good play IMO.

…………& then I find out from my bro today that the chavs lost again ;) The Arsenal could be 6 or 7 points clear by now if they could win @ home.

Now I don’t won’t to sound like I’ve been telling you so, BUT……. I told you so. Big Johan should have been in the starting line up. Why would the management change something that wasn’t broken. That Kozza bloke isn’t good enough end of.

And as for tiring in the 2nd half. Please, that is a lame excuse. I’d rather say spuds played much better/show some dignity.

Now for RVP. If that wimp gets injured one more time this season, he should be shown the door.

Anyway, this might cheer you up over there in Blighty. As is turns out, Australia hasn’t lost a test in Brisbane since 1988. Maybe that old London bus theory might work in your favour. I hope not :lol:

MDI89

No offence taken, who was he/she? Knuckle dragging could mean a bum sniffer (rugby type)from QLD or NSW :)

Not such a Good Morning all,
    Do we feel better or worse today?
    There is temptation to think “If we had a fit RVP” and “if we had a fit Verm”. Trouble is, we are never going going to have a much stronger line up than yesterday. However, what the absence of those two does highlight to me is the lack of real leaders’winners on the pitch. Where I am confused is that the same group can do it away from home, where it is true that real “mental strength” is required. If I sound confused, then it is because I am. We lose at home to WBA and Newcastle. Teams you expect to beat. Therefore arrogance has crept in. Is it the same malady that causes us to chuck away a two goal lead. So my point is that this is where concentration is required, and this comes not from the man on the bench, but your Roy Keane’s and Tony Adams types. Is it a supprise that Chelsea are chucking points away during injuries to Lampard and Terry?

Gnarley,
    Agree with you about RVP. I said a while ago that I would only give him one more chance (injuries wise) before january. I mentioned on here yesterday that I believe a good chunk of the success of this season rests on his fitness.
    If I had to criticize one player from yesterday, then it would be MC. Twice through and the guy looks like a rabbit caught in headlights. His first instinct should be to score, not stop and pass.

Morning Gnarley and micky, re MC, wait until you read today’s post.

119. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Arry reckons Spuds can win the Title ;) Well I think The Arsenal can win the Title :lol:

At the end of the day, Arsenal are still only 2 points from top. I was just on another blog. Blimey, they are carrying on as if the world is doomed or something.

The main thing is to learn from this coz we have a game to win.

Can I be brutally honest here, I feel there was too much under rating of Hotshit, well not anymore. The genie is outa the bottle. Can The Arsenal come back twice as hard. History says yes it can :D

120. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Evening kelsey & MDI89

I atend to agree GG.

We can come back from such a senseless loss, and it was senseless. No point calling for AW’s head – there was nothing I could point at and say “that is why we lost”

I know I stand to be ridiculed but we were unlucky. Fabianksi had no chance with the only 3 chances Spurs had.

122. Neamman says:

disaster!

nothing else to say about he game. oh well.. a night out drinking in Thailand to forget can be well ………….. interesting!!!!!

Theres a NEW POST

124. Its great as your other posts : D, appreciate it for posting . “Before borrowing money from a buddy it is best to determine which you need most.” by Joe Moore.

125. deathly hallows men’s necklace pendants

Can you remember May 11th 1993? | Arsenal Arsenal

126. rings based says:

I am genuinely glad to read this blog posts which
    contains plenty of useful data, thanks for providing these
    data.