Manu’re Decomposing …….. Jack’s a Diamond

Hypothesis…….

Imagine you are a 68 y.o. football manager, a man who without question is the greatest club manager in English football history ( difficult for you Chary :-) ), you have recognised your powers are failing and that your legacy is under threat.

You have assembled some very expensive talent, you have 3 players for whom you have paid over  €30m a man, and bought some of the most expensive foreign kids available. Yet the team is ordinary, reliant for it’s imagination upon the fading talents of ageing greats and the mercurial talents of a bully boy who was touted as the future of English football but is now going through a breakdown (perhaps!). Your perennial rivals down the road have suddenly become serious contenders and threaten to be take your throne as England’s glamour club, something you have spent 20 years achieving.  Can you leave the team like this? Is this team going to be your legacy or can you quiclky create  a team that can last another 10 years?

And if you are to do so how can you achieve your aims?

I will tell you, you go out and buy the most talented and expensive kids in the Premiership – as you always have done, and here we come to today’s subject matter. Who is the Premiership’s new young golden boy, the boy/man already lauded as the best prospect since Gascoigne? Yes, our cheeky chappie, our Little Jack. . The best 20 y.o keeper in the World?  Szczesny.

Man Utd are a team in crisis. They need an entire back 5 as Van de Saar picks up his OAP alongside Neville, Rio is 32, Vidic unhappy, Evans crap and Brown/O’Shea not good enough. However, defence is not where SAF will be looking to base his next team. His midfield is a desert of creative talent, take out Scholes/Giggs and you are left with the water carriers that are Carrick, Hargreaves, Fletcher and Anderson. Scholes has been the bedrock of MU’s success for 15 years, a monster of a player and which young PL player plays in a similar vein?  Yes – Jack again.

I think Jack Rodwell will be at United before the start of next season as Ferguson makes his final signings prior to retirement (he will be 70 summer of 2012). Henderson at Sunderland , Bale from Spurs, all young talents who must be on Sir Alex’s wish list. With the new contract for Rooney, the Glazer’s have made clear their intention to spend the Ronaldo money. Expect a huge signing spree over the next year.

And why from the Premiership? Because Ferguson is proud that his teams have always included the best young British talent, from Scholes to Becks to Ferdinand and Rooney. Plus his record of buying expensive foreign talent is less than perfect (Veron :-) )

Now, you may say it is ludicrous to imagine Wilshere or Szczesny going to Man Utd and I sincerely hope that to be the case. However, Rooney left Everton, Ronaldo left MU at the very height of his powers. Sol left Spurs (:-D ), Liam left us ( :-( )  etc etc. Nothing is impossible. That  both players would be  very attractive to Ferguson is beyond question and money talks.

I realise that Jack has just signed a 5 year contract but so has Rooney, and in all honesty do you imagine he will see out the 5 years at Old Trafford?

Would Wenger sell Jack should a fee of €30+ be mentioned? Of course not, but it has been a fun ride thinking about it.

Written by Big Raddy

81 Responses to Manu’re Decomposing …….. Jack’s a Diamond

1. tommystout says:

good post BRaddy. I enjoy thinking about UTds downfall which is surely happening. I would rather see abram walk out on chelsea but nevertheless Manure on a downward spiral is most welcome. As for buying up all the british talent – once upon a time maybe, but in this financial climate i dont think they could possibly do it, saddled with their debt and having to sell their best players, ronaldo :-) i think that was a necessity to balance their books, rooneys signing of a new deal i am sure is because they are going to sell next summer and want to guarantee the premium fee.
    I dont expect manu to finish above us this season, our club is in the ascention, the futures bright. Loving it. ;-)

TS. I wrote this very tongue in cheek.

Sadly I just cannot see Abra walking out on Chelsea, he seems to love the club and his football. Fairplay to him, if I had his money I would be straight into the Emirates Boardroom with an open cheque and all my dreams would come true!!

Abra is obsessed by football unlike the Yank/Arab buyers who have no love for the game and see their clubs as a part of their investment portfolio.

3. afc says:

if these storys are true about arsen I’ll be shocked. It would make him out to be no better than all those other scum bags and tax dogers(harry rednap) the footballing world looks up to arsen as a hero of football, showing arsenal the way forward through harmony, think off wat sort of image this sends to all are young players coming up through the ranks?? If the storys are true I want arsen out!!

4. gunnern5 says:

Morning BR: You’re having fun with us today aren’t you? The thought of Wilshere and Szczesny at Man U is nauseating to an extreme.

I do however share your views on the potential downturn of Man U. Even though it’s been suggested before, and SAF (silly auld fart)has proved everybody wrong, the signs are more ominous this time around.

They only have five players that can make the nucleus of a team in Evra, Vidic, Nani, Rooney and Little Pea the rest are either about to be pensioned off or are not up you Man U standard.

Rooney is a real question mark and his phantom injury causes one to wonder what is really going on.
    Is he experiencing a mental breakdown, it’s entirely possible. Other than his granny experience he has always been treated as royalty and to suddenly become the subject of abject, self inflicted, ridicule may just be to much for him to handle.

There’s also the theory that this is all a set up by SAF and he will never play for Man U again and will be sold in January.

Their games this year have been scrappy and luck has been on their side, but they are still unbeaten in the league. Does that mean that their luck will run out or they will get over the scrappy stage – who knows – but my guess is that they will end up in 4th or 5th place.

Let’s hope that AW secures a long term contract for Szczesny, that way even if he wants to move on we will be compensated.

5. georgesydaust says:

As an arsenal supporter I think the so-called demise of man utd is quite sad actually. I want to beat them this year but, I’d like to beat them at their strongest. Same goes for chavs, mancs, spurs or whoever rates themselves as a title contender.
    The golden era 5-6 years ago, we were the strongest team in the league and they all knew it.
    Thats a victory to savour…

6. goonermichael says:

Bale wil never go to the mancs. They can’t afford 40-50 million that a spanish team will pay for him. As you say they are in decline. Im personally happy. I hate them and thier glory hunting, smug fans.

7. goonermichael says:

afc. He separated from his wife 2 years ago apparently. It’s a non story. How is having an affair like taking bungs or tax dodging anyway?

8. goonermichael says:

I agree with this. He’s not staying

9. afc says:

I’m just trying to say he will
    Be a scum bag no better than Ashley or rooney, tax dodging cheating on wives what eva it all
    Goes in to the same pot for me and that pot has scum bag writen on it, if this story is true
    How could we have this guy as are manager, that’s why I love arsenal coz there pure and different to any other club…I can’t imagen Arsen wenger doing this plus the sun hates arsenal so I trust arsen would never do this.

Morning,

Thought provoking post Raddy. I’d be more comfortable with manu in the top 4 than any of the nouveau riche clubs – citeh, chelski etc. But I am enjoying hearing their fans have a small dose of what we Arsenal fans have had to come to terms with.

Re the Arsène story: either it’s true or the Sun is in for a huge law suit. Judging by AW’s response I would guess it is true at least in part. He has just bought a new house. I am surprised that our sophisticated manager has chosen a rapper (can it be true?) maybe there is a side to him that none of us had suspected.

afc,

We shouldn’t judge AW until we know the facts. It is entirely possible that this is an amicable split with his wife and he has been respectful and discreet by keeping it private for this long. The fact that the BBC and other papers have not jumped on the story suggests to me that there is still some doubt.

12. afc says:

btw united will finish above arsenal,, they have winners in there squad we have eboue and denilson.

13. afc says:

I no rasp I no, but let’s just say there true?? What next, arsenal would be no diferent to any other club, with players or managers doing rong, he was my hero, looks like I have no hero no more :( and I will go sailing no more :( :(

afc,

Each to their own opinion. I don’t see EE or Denilson as first choice players. I believe our first 11 (and in fact our comparative 2nd 11s) is superior to United’s. You make a good point about the ‘winning mentality’ and we can’t claim to have restored that until we have won something again.

My prediction is that we will come a close second to chelski, united in 3rd and citeh (with a new manager by Xmas) will be 4th.

afc,

If AW has conducted himself well and tried to keep his personal problems personal, there is no need to feel let down. Don’t worry, the massed ranks of the Press will be very quick to call Arsène and the supporters hypocrites if the story is true. Just look at the ridiculous fuss over Jack’s red card as if we said our players never make a bad tackle.

We will have enough to deal with from outside without our own supporters attacking AW.

16. Charybdis1966 says:

Cheers for the name check Radders and anything that highlights the potential demise of old bacon face’s rabble is tops with me ! Dashing around today so catch up with you guys later.

Morning all,

according to the official site,Arsene has a groin strain and will be out for two to three weeks.

18. afc says:

arsenal will always be stomped on because we arsenal not an English team with English ways or an English manager. All the press can see wat arsenal produce week in week out. It hurts them, it hurts them alot because the English way of football is so poor, just look at the England squad, the only real hope for English football
    Is coming through arsenal with jack, Gibbs,jay, lansbury, and loads more, I am not having a go at arsen I just feel that if story is true I’ll feel let down

19. goonermichael says:

afc
    You just let yourself down I think. we’ll be above them. They are shit. They are 5 points down on thier total (for the same fixtures) from last season. We are 3 points up.

20. goonermichael says:

Afc. How many manc players have won the world cup?

21. afc says:

We have a bunch of
    Migets trying to walk the ball in to the net and we can defend for nout. What hope have we got?? But seriously why the fuk can’t we defend!!!!!!! We are so poor at are defence it not even funny, any team can attack us and we look like letting a hat full of goals?!

22. Red Arse says:

Morning guys, :-)

Naughty boy Radders, you are just teasing I trust? Our Jack to be a Manc? Never! :-)

Posts need to be well written and mentally stimulating, provoking coruscating debate, and today’s certainly achieves those ends.

23. afc says:

Micheal fabregas is going mate. Then how
    Many players in are squad have one anything let alone the world cup

24. goonermichael says:

afc
    The mancs have conceded more goals than us. I agree about the defending but anyone can see the mancs are mediocre.

25. femi says:

i was about to come here and lambast your arse for even belittling Arsenal until i realised this was a tongue in cheek article…what people don’t realise now is that even though we have not won ‘anything’ in the last couple of years, Arsenal is a big club to be reckoned with. A well established and well run club that doesn’t need to sell to balance the books like other so called ‘big’ clubs. A lot of people might not see it, but our achievements in the last five years is far more than what other clubs can even dream of.

There are 3 great clubs in England. Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Whatever happens over the next 20 years, that will not change.

The rest are also rans.

And as my mate GM says Mu are shit

27. afc says:

don’t get me ring we play football
    The best in the world it’s perfect wen we get it rite, but wen we don’t we lose and we can lose to anyone( west brom)

28. Red Arse says:

The Sun’s front page story about Arsene’s alleged affair with a 39 year old rap singer is pathetic.

It seems to be based on a few pictures of him walking in a hotel restaurant and the airport. Big deal!

Even if there is something to the story, so what? It is a personal matter which he will sort out with his wife. It is nobody else’s business and should be dealt with privately.

Let him without sin cast the first stone, because frankly I don’t want to hear mealy mouthed criticism of a decent man. He deserves only our approbation not castigation!

(Sorry, I revert to type too when I get steamed up.) :-)

29. afc says:

I think man unite are shit mate, I really do. Arsenal are way way way better . But manunited no how to win trophys they just no how to win wen they play shit… Think about it united have been shit so far this season, and you think arsenal have been amazing, well united have the same points as us and are top of ther champs league group, lucky or not what does that say about them as a team?

30. dandan says:

Nice post Raddy, No the Mancs wont buy LJ they couldn’t afford him, that is not to say he isn’t for sale every player has his price, The only problem is that any like replacement would be as expensive so no net gain, unless more than one player is needed then selling a star could be said to be a good move to strengthen squad.

As far as AW is concerned his private life is his own and as long as it doesn’t impact on the club is of no interest to anyone but the parties concerned.

As for Afc, let down by what I wonder? you have no facts and if two people decide that a relationship has run its course, what concern is that of yours or the gutter press?

31. allezkev says:

Had a look on the Mail web-site and couldn’t see any reference to Arsene’s personal situ, excuse me for being dim but can someone enlighten me on these ‘rumours’ please

AFC. It says that MU are shit but have the most luck in the world. I can only imagine that SAF sold his sold to the Devil as a child !

How else can you explain scoring 2 goals in the 90th minute in a Champions League Final when BM absolutely smacked them throughout the game. Or that dreadful night up at Villa when DB10 missed a penalty and the Hairyman waltzed past Lee and Tony?

Latest news re AW’s problems not reported anywhere…. his car got vandalised yesterday and his driver had to hold back photographers to avoid pictures in the press. It would appear that our manager needs our support and understanding at this time. I would imagine he is now being beseiged the the gutter press.

34. Red Arse says:

Rasp named the Mail, but if you read my comment at 11:45 you will see it is the Sun’s front page.

35. allezkev says:

Thanks Rasp, just off to have a look, cheers

36. allezkev says:

Well Arsene hasn’t killed anyone, end of! Back to football

37. gunnern5 says:

Wow now poor old AW is pilloried based on stories in gossip world.

When will his persecution end?

Why do people think that he has to be a paragon of virtue?

He is our manager not our priest!

Leave him alone and find somebody else to tittle-tattle about.

G5. Thanks for that trip down memory lane yesterday.

I am just a few years younger than you but how about these….

The film Summer Holiday with Cliff. My parents took me and I was disappointed that it was in B6W, then they got the bus and it turned into glorious Technicolour!

Or going to see Hard Days Night and Help. Hard to believe HDN was in B&W!

My first car …. A Ford Anglia

Followed by a Hillman Imp
    Triumph Herald.
    A succession of Mini’s.
    MGB GT’s
    A Ford Capri 3 litre (what a car)

If Bolton, Blackpool and WBA win this w/e they all go above Spurs.

Big club my arse

40. Neamman says:

What AW does is none of our affair and has nothing to do with Arsenal Football club.
    AFC..
    we ARE an English club and we want more English players, something AW is actively trying to do. I personnally dont want a team that isnt English in tradition

41. Neamman says:

BR fogot to say good article, I dont think it would be far fetched if Skorzny goes to MU but not JW. I dont buy the big team hype to be honest, its good for a few years at best, Many huge teams in the past are nothing now, Preston, Forest, Villa, Everton, Spurs all also rans or worse.

42. Gunnern5 says:

BR: My wife is from Liverpool and in the summer of 1962 went went up and spent a couple of weeks with her family. A Family friend was a bouncer at the Cavern and he took us down to meet the local group.

Well after the show we were introduced to the Beatles and spent some time with them – frankly we had never heard of them.

When we got back to London and told the story to our friends and family they were as unaware of them as we were.

The rest we all know.

43. Gunnern5 says:

55th minute Bolton 1 Spurs 0

44. Gunnern5 says:

56th minute Bolton 2 Spurs 0

45. Neamman says:

Stop it G5 you will curse us!!!! hahahah
    I once stole a cigarette off Eric Clapton when he was with the Bluesbreakers. Benson and Hedges.
    My friend was an amateur Blues player and John Mayall was renowned for letting young artists play with his band. we were in the dressing room at the half and when the band went out for the last half of the show EC left his pacakge of fags on the table. Well as two 16 year olds who were poor.. what else to do…

46. Neamman says:

2-0 ok sorry G5 carry on……

47. gunnern5 says:

Neamman, I’m watching the game – it’s all Bolton “Arryboy” can’t stop twitching.

Penalty for Bolton — 3-0 Bolton it’s simply lovely.

48. gunnern5 says:

Arry’s turned purple

49. gunnern5 says:

Oops 3-1

50. gunnern5 says:

Oh dear 3-2 87th minute.

51. gunnern5 says:

It’s the start of a great day 4-2 to Bolton and Arry’s chewing his Poppy. Full time.

That was a brilliant game of football. Superb goals, end to end and lots of passion. Kevin Davies back header to play in Petrov for the 4th was superb

53. Neamman says:

Wish i could see it here, oh well next week in Thailand I will be watching. If everton Fulham and Sunderland win spuds go 9th

54. gunnern5 says:

Next up Man U vs Wolves and Blackpool vs Everton – the remote will be working overtime.

55. dandan says:

Typical Spurs spectacular goals when it is too late, if they had been at an important time they would have been in row z.
    Arry is learning what the champions league does to players and I think they may have another game on Tuesday, that will be interesting

Hello all. Great post BR.
    I remember Old Baconface once making sneering comments about United not being a ‘selling club’ like Arsenal. Oh, how things change.
    If they finish outside of the top three this year SAF will go and ManUre’s decline will speed up even further.

And as for the Spuds… dear oh dear oh dear…

Spuds need to enjoy their Champs League games this season, because this will be their one and only appearance in the competition.

58. dandan says:

Rocky that depends on whether they are able to buy some defenders

59. Irishgunner says:

Buwhahahahahaha at Spurs – muppets.

Time to get the tin hats on with all the gutter press targeting le boss tomorrow.

60. dandan says:

Who the heck gives a monkeys Irish, who buys the papers certainly not I.

61. Irishgunner says:

Just saying Dandan – I’m hardly a believer or buyer of the tabloid media – I’ve hardly hidden that ha ha :)

Have to feel sad for hargreaves – his career must be over, know its a different problem but it must be so disheartening for him.

62. dandan says:

I was just saying the same to my wife Irish, the insurance company will be sick.

63. Irishgunner says:

Flip – I’d a whole post done and it disappeared :(

In brief I was just comparing how right Arsenal were to wait for Rosicky to come back, Utd kept trying to get Hargreaves back and it kept setting him back.

64. gunnern5 says:

Man U 1 Wolves 1 after 69 minutes, fingers crossed but it could be a great day.

65. Red Arse says:

Umm, I buy at least 3 papers every Sunday, to give me a wide spread of quality/politics/football. Sorry! :-)

Hi Irish, long time no sea. :-)

I wonder if our pet, Spurs loving friend, Uidiot, will be along to give us the benefit of his wit and wisdom? probably hiding his shamed face. :-)

66. Irishgunner says:

What sea? The sea? See the sea?

Hello Red Arse – chaaaaaaaaaaamone Wolves

Red Nose just subbed a sub – what a bastard :lol:

67. Red Arse says:

Steady on Irish, I might have subbed a sub but to call me a b*stard is a bit rude! :-)

That’s a famous Shakespearean quote, “long time no sea said the Cod to the Herring”. Simples! :-)

68. Irishgunner says:

Feck them and all the injury time – damn :evil:

Tony Pulis is an angry man today by all accounts :lol:

As I said earlier United are the luckiest team in the Prem – surely it cannot last forever

70. dandan says:

Red Arse I Read the times on line daily and what ever other paper I might fancy, that is very rarely a red top.

71. dandan says:

BR we have our share of late goals,probably more than the Mancs. this season, it comes to teams that keep playing to the end.

DD, 6 weeks holiday and you have lost your bias !

MU scored in extra time in both halves.

And when we score late it is because we represent the forces of good and righteousness, whereas the Mancs are in league with Beezlebub :-(

73. dandan says:

How can one disagree with so obvious a truth Raddy, your wisdom is indeed beyond question. LOL

74. Neamman says:

Bollocks.. damn United and damn Fulham and Damn Everton.

75. Neamman says:

Nice to see non league clubs doing well. I like the FA Cup glamour when a non lague club draws a giant. Lik Exeter did with MU some years back. paid of their dects and st the foundation for them to get back into the league. Well done FC United, dover, darlington and Tamworth.

76. Neamman says:

ouch.. excuse the typos!!!!

77. Evo in Oz says:

gday Big Fella and all,

3 points today and RVP fibreglass-plasterboard on the bench is it?

Hi Evo,