Partizan. Fabianski to have a quiet but impressive game – written by BigRaddy

I have to be honest and say that prior to my research I knew little of Partizan Belgrade, not even knowing which country they represent (my geography tuition ending prior to the destruction of Yugoslavia). I read that they are top of their League and have won the Serbian League and Cup double for the past 2 years.

Their ground holds 32,000 fans who appear to have considerable influence over the club; a few years ago the fans were unhappy with their trainer and refused to attend home games until he resigned, which he duly did. This requires a level of organisation that we Gooners can only contemplate  – perhaps there is a way to persuade the club to buy a new GK !

They lost their opener 1-0 away to Shaktar and showed themselves to be a decent team. Their star player is the inevitable Brazilian, a striker named Cleo who has scored 14 goals in 15 European games.

But this game is about how Arsenal bounce back from the weekend, it is a test of character in what is a difficult week. Poor Fabianski will be under enormous pressure knowing that millions of viewers will be awaiting his first error; should he fail tonight the repercussions will surely end his Arsenal career and many would give away 2 points to see him do just that, an appalling desire from so called “fans”.  I would like Fabianski to have a very quiet evening but make two wonder saves, thereby giving him the confidence to play well at Stamford Bridge. A clean sheet would be great.

As usual I have no idea of the team but I would play these chaps:

The entire defence had a terrible game at the weekend, Almunia took the brunt of the blame but they were very poor as a unit. Tonight can only be better. Partizan play a packed midfield with a lone striker, a formation which tends to blanket our passing game, patience will be an issue. We need to be mindful of the ball over the top, particularly as our defenders normally play high up the pitch. I hope we attack from the off and quickly build a platform to win the points, if we score first we will go on to win, but with confidence having been shaken, an early Partizan goal could be ruinous.

Founded in the 6th Century BC, Belgrade is the 4th largest city in S.E.Europe with a population of 1.6m. It has one of the biggest rivalries in World football between Partizan and Red Star. Serbs are very good at tennis having reached the final of the Davis Cup.

COYRRG

133 Responses to Partizan. Fabianski to have a quiet but impressive game – written by BigRaddy

Most disturbing news about their tennis prowess. Could prove to be an issue. Nice post.

Something strange about your pic there Big Raddy. A collection of some of the most ferocious fans in world football, gathered behind a well manicured privet hedge!

sp. or is it privot?

Hi Mickey,

That is indeed the Partizan crowd – quite an intimidating force!

Raddy,

Super post, but I agree with Mickey, I hope Fab2’s backhand can deal with their service ;)

Hi there Rasp,
    I would not play AA, as I simply don’t think this is his type of game, therefore we should bottle him up for sunday, then give it a damn good shake just before kick off.
    Busy for a few hours. Back later.

6. Danish Gooner says:

We all deep down inside knows that he will drop a clanger tonight all the omens are there.Wenger believes in him(not a good sign),the crowd is seriously hostile(added pressure)defense gone awol the game before(worst sign ever) and finally,how much fconfidence does this lad actually have ???

7. Wembley79 says:

Its Privet :D

Super pic Rasp.

I am interested in how Partizan fans became such a powerful force in the running of their club. Do they belong to an organised supporters club? Why can’t we use our economic power to force the club in a particular direction?

I guess the fact there are so many Arsenal blogs is an indicator that we enjoy individualism which works contrary to the power of the masses? Maybe an East/West issue :-)

Thanks Raddy, super article ;)

I think we looked at the revenue streams before and realised that the money from the fans compared to the TV/merchandising etc is not such a powerful lever.

In general I think that Arsenal fans (certainly some of those who have taken up the extra seats at the Emirates) are a bit too ‘cerebral’.

The prancing pole on prozac will need a double dose with that crowd behind him.

I feel denilson may play today anbut what do I know.

I think the game plan will be not to lose, and that could be fateful.

Morning kelsey,

I reckon Denilson will play today, probably at the expense of Rosicky. It’s good that we’re playing the chavs on sunday, plenty of time for the players to recover and hopefully Cesc to return to match fitness.

12. Red Arse says:

Good Post Big Raddy, they certainly seem fairly primal in their support. You have shaken my confidence and I now have a certain foreboding.

Rasp, what’s a cerebral? A small furry creature with beady eyes and a little black nose? Or am I thinking of a gerbil? :-)

Hi Red Arse,

A cerebral is the opposite end of the evolutionary scale to totnum fans :P

I think not conceding tonight is the key. We need to get back to basics. Keep possession, defend as a team… and most importantly …. (pay attention Clichy)…. don’t try to be too clever in dangerous areas.

14. SharkeySure says:

Just had a read up from where I left off yesterday. There was some wonderful stuff written yesterday, and these are the lines that I really enjoyed, but wasn’t around to respond to:

GK choices: Genghis Khan/Mark Anthony/Lehmann/Seaman/Jennings

they constantly refer to bars by the name under which they traded in 1973

it does not matter if I never see my family again and I do not have any friends anyway

I would take it with the smile of a second hand car dealer

anyone with 27 siblings deserves a place

much bigger fish to fry than Big Raddy could even dream about

my girlfriend Irish (don’t tell her I said so )

60 is the new 40!

I could insouciantly engage in discussion about two Homeric monsters

I refer to him as Sneeze, given that whenever anyone says his name I can’t resist the urge to say “bless you.”

Certainement ma leetle cup cake.

I blame Pat Rice

the justification for signing 67 year old Schwarzer

How I could miss a shark I don’t know, but you are forgiven as I kept my red arse well covered up!

15. Red Arse says:

Sharkey,

For any I am willing to identify as mine you will have to pay a forfeit! :-)

I am currently beavering away trying to discard the thousands rattling around in the barren wastes of my brain, and find something that is suitable! :-)

(rubs hands together in an ecstasy of anticipation)

16. Jekyll says:

One concern is that Fabianski does indeed have a quiet but impressive game (the law of averages says he’s bound to eventually if you keep playing him), Wenger says ‘See, I told you so’ and he stays in the team, giving him further opportunity to damage our season.

17. SharkeySure says:

I hear you Jekyll.

Times like these are areal striuggle for me, as I’m generally a pretty positive person.

My hopes generally are for a convincing win with a minor mistake or two. Hoping for a minor mistake from an Arsenal really does go against almost everything I stand for…but I just can’t stop myself from thinking it.

I’ll cheer on every good thing that he does tonight, but I’m just bot convinced about his mental state anymore. I really doubt that he has even one ounce of self belief left.

His failures for the Keane goal were more than just weak wrists, his positioning was also horrible.

So in his first game of a new season ie HIS BIG CHANCE, he makes errors as basic as those two. He must have known for weeks that he would be playing in that one…and yet his concentration just wasn’t there on the night.

Weak wrists and poor positioning. Oh dear.

18. Red Arse says:

Sharkey,

I’m a big Arsene fan and not ashamed of it. However, he sometimes makes it hard for those like myself by the comments attributed to him.

This morning I read somewhere that in an interview he told sports journalists “I do not have concerns about Lukasz, only you in the media have.”

That is not verbatim but is the gist. How can he say it is only the media who have doubts? What about 99% of the fan base?

Arsene, Arsene, why do you not listen?

Ahoy,
    Getting back to the Goalkeeper, or Custodian, situation. We can be sure that AW has seen the need for reinforcements between the sticks as we know there was at least one bid for Schwartzer. We also know that Given has stated his desire to come to the Emirates. However, a great Custodian that he is/has been, at only six foot and coming on thirty five, are his springs in danger of losing some bounce? Could this be why AW has resisted going for him, instead of Schwartzer, who is taller (we do have short DM’s).

Hard to believe he will not have lined up alternative options for January. Who was the highly rated Le Mans keeper, or the big Russian fellow. Then again, with Liverpool possibly needing some pocket money by then, on top of being out of the hunt for absolutely everything, perhaps Reina creeps back into the reckoning.

20. SharkeySure says:

Red – I’m a big Arsene fan and PROUD of it.

However, he sometimes makes it very hard for those like myself who defend him.

I wholly agree with the example you gave.

When he didn’t buy a GK on 31st/1st, I took it as a personal slap in the face. I’m agreat believer in Arsene Knows…..but I just found the not buying a GK indefensible.

I wasn’t and still am not interested in how it hard is, how Fulham messed us about, how few clubs wanted to sell..etc etc etc. It needed to be sorted and it wasn’t.

Between Arsene and Ivan G it was a collective failure.

We can’t even blame Pat Rice for this one !!

21. SharkeySure says:

Ahoy Mickey (lol!

“Hard to believe he will not have lined up alternative options for January. ”

I’m stunned that we let May, June, July and August pass. I woud neverhave believed that could have happened. In fact I would have happily bet your house on us having a new GK, either a straight new No.1 (Reina’s level?) or good competition (Schwarzer?).

We ended up with neither.

I’ll still defend the Great One on most things, but if fans starting calliung him out over the GK situation, I just cannot respond, no matter how bad the abuse gets.

I don’t condone the personal abuse, but I fully understand the level of disappointment that generates it

Sharkey. I too felt a slap in the face on Feb 1st (metaphorically speaking).
    At the time we all predicted the current events, and if we could so could AW.

Of course AW has to back Fab2. What’s he going to say “The kid is a Lemon but if we get through to January in the top 3 we have ducked a bullet”?

Shipmates,
    I think you are both right, and it is very much ‘tin hats on’ until the window opens in january. Lets just hope its open a little wider this time!
    I blame the bloke in seat 14, row three, upper orange.

I blame Margaret Thatcher

25. SharkeySure says:

Ahoy Landlubbers……

Seat 14, row three, upper orange….Pat Rice’s wife’s seat..??

Radders, there’s so much to blame ?Thatcher for, its got to be easier to list the things she isn’t to blame for.

The playing fields that my old school used are now a Sainsburys car park. Some of the rougher schools in the area still use it as a playing field.

26. Red Arse says:

Sharkey,

My view reflects yours. The only thing I do not understand, even if AW and IG had been successful, is why buy such an old keeper?

I have previously posited that the idea Schwarzer would be brought in to baby sit Chesney was clearly not the case.

It’s a funny old (football) world.

27. SharkeySure says:

Red – I still think it was about waiting for ‘the one and only’ – even though it now seems strange that he’s still not getting a shot.

Its odd.

Sharkey,
    Seat 14, row three, upper orange….Pat Rice’s wife’s seat..??
    Flat cap, beard and smells like the inside of a Turkish Wrestlers Jockstrap fit the description? Could well be.

29. Red Arse says:

Oi Mickey,

That is a perfect description of me!

I’m afraid I will have to take exception; what’s wrong with the flat cap? :-)

30. rockylives says:

Good day everyone. It’s always nice to wake up here in a distant colony and read the elegant ramblings of such a distinguished group of football, nay world, philosophers as inhabits this small corner of Blogland.
    BR – I find myself unable to quibble with anything in your preview, which is a shame as I like a little quibble every now and then.
    And I, too, would settle for a draw tonight and a draw at Chavtown.

Come now, RedArse, how could anyone trust a man, or woman, with a beard who stalks the land ho ho’ing here and ho ho’ing there!

Just had a quite brilliant idea for our GK. How about the bottom letters of the keyboard. zxcvbnm. Best idea yet and by quite a margin I feel.

33. Red Arse says:

Well O.K. Mickey, I give you my flat cap is not everyone’s cup of tea, but my beard and smell of eau de Jock Strap is beyond reproach! :-)

Here’s to everyone having great links tonight. Speedy and uninterrupted connections for you all.
    Bye for now.

35. Red Arse says:

But what would our GK do with them, Mickey?

If I could, I would smiley face you RedArse. Bye.

RA. I wear a flat cap almost everyday. Fits with the ex-pat image. (it’s too windy for a Bowler :-)

As to Eaudde Jockstrap. I used to wear that fine odour but am now a Hai Karate man

38. rockylives says:

Hai Karate! Whatever happened to that?

39. You boys do make me laugh ;)

I went to Belgrade when it was part of old Yugoslavia and Dubrovnik and somewhere else that began with S that I can’t remember anymore.

I too was pretty severely affected by the lack of new goal-keeper, for AW to have gone for Schwarzer and not got him or A N Other still seems to be ridiculous. Even lower clubs get a goal-keeper if they need one and scum managed one once Gomez was injured.

I do feel our team is set up to always out score the opposition but if there are more days like Saturday when they don’t show up, the lack of a good keeper added to poor drive and concentration we’re going to be an unhappy bunch of supporters.

40. SharkeySure says:

Hai Karate…lol

Brut 33, ads with Keegan and Our ‘Enery !!! those were the days ‘eh.

MDI you old pirate..its great having you here mate.

41. Red Arse says:

I think Hai Karate got the chop. :-)

42. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

I’ll chop you Red, you keep scraping the barrel for ‘gags’ like that one. Did Pedro help you with it.??

Anyway, how are ye mi old mucker..??

Anyways not stopping….stuff to do…night all !!

SharkeySure,
    That’s very kind of you. Initially, I felt a little “dirty” visiting another blog, but I feel very much at home. Its already like wearing my favourite slippers, which is slightly bizarre, as I don’t have any.

44. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

Oh and Fabianski in goal tonite. My nurse’ll have to up my meds for that one !!

Really gone now….gone.

45. SharkeySure says:

Yeah its warm and cosy over here….even without slippers.

We’ll have to start a collection for ya…

Feeling dirty reminds me of a short passage from Fever Pitch. He was talking about standing on the North Bank throughout the awful 80’s (as I did), and saying how supporting a Club was like being married, although there was absolutely no chance of nipping down the Lane on the sly for a bit of slap and tickle.

47. Red Arse says:

Micky, it’s those hairy old feet of yours, so Frothing told me! :-)

48. Red Arse says:

Sharkey, it’s lucky you are wearing your glasses or else I would begin to think you and superman …… sorry, I mean Frothing were one and the same. :-)

Frothing is in disguise isn’t he. Curiouser and curiouser!

Here’s a thought. Someone mentioned the arrogance that is Bendy. Our hero marries his Princess and becomes a Prince. Picture this. First training session after the hitching ceremony:
    AW: “Nic, I said I wanted you on the back post”.
    NB: “Actually Boss, its Your Royal Highness from now on if you don’t mind”.
    Come on you Yellow and Redcurrants.

51. Red Arse says:

Mickey, the one and only Frothing Inarticulate Loon, is a well loved and respected er em ….. well loon, and inhabits AA on a random basis.

One day he is going to give us a Loon’s eye view on a game, like tonight’s. Oh such joy! :-)

52. Red Arse says:

Mickey,

It sounds awfully like the Princess and the Toad story. As Bendy isn’t a toad yet, I am worried this could all go very wrong, you know.

What could go wrong? A Danish Billionaire Countess with 2 kids marries a lad 13 years her junior who has yet to establish his career in a country 600 kms from her children’s school?

A marriage made in Heaven ….

54. Red Arse says:

I don’t Big Raddy, what can he see in a multi billionaire Countessa? It doesn’t add up. boom, boom.

And what does she see in an athletic, young whipper snapper with a big …. personality?

No, I can’t see it working! :-)

I read they have tattoos of their names on their wrists. Painful place for laser removal !

But who cares? if a bit of conjugal bliss works some magic into his boots then I am delighted for him. And I am looking forward to his return as he is one of my favourite players. I would love for Nik and Theo to become the most lethal forward line in world football. (one can always dream)

56. Red Arse says:

BG,

When he played for Brum, I could not wait for him to come back and play for us. I loved his standing up to barndoor, and he scored some crucial goals for us.

Then things went Pete Tong, (I’m getting better at the vernacular :-) ) and suddenly he was imitating barndoor and seamed unable to hit a cow’s derriere with the proverbial banjo.

But then what goes round comes round and he may be re-energised after his physio sessions with the Countessa and score all the time. Seems to have worked with her! :-)

57. Red Arse says:

BTW,

I could not make it to Underhill last night, to see the reserves play Blackpool, but my friend told me JET was ace in the 3:0 win.

Mind you I think he is having an affair with JET, because the guy can do nothing wrong in his eyes. :-)

58. Red Arse says:

Right Guys,

When my comments outnumber everybody else’s 3 to 1 it’s time for me to go and have a …… let me see now …. yes a nice chablis tonight, I think.

Hasta manana, amigos! :-) Especially you, Irish! ;)

Night RA… A Domani

Very quiet here today. Odd with such a bis game coming up tonight (he says tongue in cheek).HAve we got CL burn out? Have we become so arrogant that we expect to qualify from the League? I hope we have not been lulled into a false sense of security by the Braga game.

60. Neamman says:

Djourou starts
    Fab sagna, Djouru squilli Gibbsrosicky denilon AA Song
    Wiltshire Chamark

61. Neamman says:

Excuse the typos above
    ….

62. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

Red Arse – 4.29. “Red Arse, it’s lucky you are wearing your hair in a bun or else I would begin to think you and superman …… sorry, I mean Irish were one and the same.”

Never both here at the same time, identikit home humour pack bought from Lidl’s, you both revealed your real world first name to be Mary/Maire…shall I go on…??

63. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

Typos N..??

You’ve not read any of SharkeySure’s posts then…that rascal takes medication for his Typinsons !!

That teams got more than enough to win tonight I reckon, although we will need DJ to look a bit steadier than he did last week. I’m banking on the Squid talking him through it.

3-1 to the good guys !

the lights have gone out in the dressing room, so don’t bend over and some are out in the stadium, expect a delay.

djorou and fabianski start …..can’t wait.

65. Neamman says:

Yes a strong team good enough to win!!
    Loon, Its not typinsongs its this stupid keyboard on the laptop i just brought, not used to it yet. Loon… Canadian based? Im in the GTA when Im not in China

66. Evening all

Lights out in the dressing room!!! That means only one thing I hope – hypnotherapy …….

You are a great team
    You are a great team
    You are a great team

Come on Arsenal Come on Arsenal Come on Arsenal

i blame pat rice ;)

Oh dear,

We now have two players in the side who don’t exactly fill me with confidence – no guesses :roll:

69. Evening N – Loon is a double agent ;)

70. Rasp – check your email ;)

71. Fab and Djourou Rasp, pour yourself a nice drink its going to be a rough ride methinks

Here we go.
    Pass and move. Pass and move. NOW SHOOT.

I don’t understand Arsene. He won’t take a risk on Szczesny but he’ll play an untried partnership of Djourou and squidgy in front of a GK who is lacking in confidence.

Djourou is a liability :(

Great goal, down to Jack.

Song is playing way too high up the pitch again, but worse than that, he’s not busting a gut to get back and defend.

76. Statics says:

mozart is the Captain!! Luv it!!

How many chances do we need to finish this in the first half?

Their GK is having a fine game…… sign him up!

Stupid Stupid Stupid

Song is having a nightmare. Why the hell doesn’t AW tell him to stay back and defend?

80. Irishgunner says:

Evening all,

Missed our goal, but saw their’s :(

Anyway Arsh and Jack are playing really well, we’ll definitely score another.

Hi Irish,

Unfortunately AA and Jack are being negated by Song and JD :(

I can#t agree Rasp. I think Song is playing very well and is the only really dynamic MF we have tonight. Sure he is playing high up the pitch but he is also tracking back.

Very soft penalty.

I totally disagree Raddy. He’s out of position, playing hospital passes, slow to react and not working hard enough defensively.

Arshavin however, is outstanding.

84. Irishgunner says:

Hiya Rasp, BR.

Denilson looked to be moving his hand away, as opposed towards the ball, but it was probably in the air long enough for him not to have touched it at all?

Nah Irish,

Definite penalty. I think the ref’s having an OK game although he needs to start handing out the yellows as they are persistantly fouling.

We are making a poor side look good.defensively we were all at sea, steadied the ship,scored a great goal and yet again can’t finish a game off.Stupid penalty to give away and apart from Arshavin and Wilshere we look decidedly average.
    Sqili and Djorou hardly under pressure but are being made mugs of.
    Rosicky is a big disappointment,hardly won a tackle and not sure where he is meant to be playing.
    We haven’t got strength in depth and it shows.The
    game is in the balance which should be in the bag.

OK., we disagree.

JW has been outstanding and I have a sneaky feeling Chamakh will score, at least he will if anyone can get a cross at the right height for him to have a chance. .

Sagna and Gibbs doing well. TR is playing a strange position, I would like to see him further forward.

Sorry Kelsey but I have to completely disagree. We have been giving them a football lesson. How many chances have we created compared to them?

How many saves has Fab had to make? He has only touched the ball once and that was after the pen.

Sure JD has a bit shaky, but Squill has played well as have the FB’s.

Maybe I am watching a different game through rose coloured specs!

At least we agree about Rosicky ;-)

Last year, we paid the price of putting out a weakened side and failed to win the group. As a result we met Barca. Had we been in the other half of the draw, we may well have reached the final and then – who knows?

We need TV. Does anyone know when he will be back from injury?

Hopefully at the weekend Rasp. Is Kosc on the bench?

if we were giving them a football lesson we would have the game won by now. they are just an average team with a partisan crowd ;)

Dunno Raddy, but I have to say, he’s a bit shaky too at the moment. If we have Cesc and TV back for the chavs that will be fantastic. I take it AW is resting Clichy and Nasri for the ‘big one’.

94. Irishgunner says:

I’ve only seen from about the 25th minute on, so I was playing 1st half catch up.

Nasri is a big loss as of course is cesc as is vermaelen and senderos.

Tomas badly needs a goal Irish. He had a great chance and was thwarted. I think if he gets one – more will follow. The penalty miss may be playing on his mind. I’d rather he played further forward and Song stayed back.

Everyone BUT Chamakh getting into the scoring positions. One quality cross and he will score. He still lacks understanding with Rosicky, JW and AA.

98. Irishgunner says:

Mozart isn’t striking the ball like he used to, I was just thinking, we’ve been waiting on a goal for him for a while.

That was a blatant elbow on JW and even after a replay these fool commentators didn’t pick up on it.

What has happened to Alan Smith?

well at least you read it,peaches. big banner for next home game BRING BACK SENDEROS.

101. Irishgunner says:

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGH

Bad penalty

Dreadful penalty. Don’t they practice them??

Raddy’s nostradamus

Chamakh gets a cross he can attack…. superb header

105. Irishgunner says:

Honest challenge?? He lead with his elbow.

Partisan are really quite poor, we’ll murder them at the Emirates.

Two great saves by Fabianski.

108. Irishgunner says:

turned that around the post well

Arshavin was my MotM, but Fabianski and Wilshire were also very good.

Great second half. Did someone say that one good cross and Chamakh would score. I think they did. Fabulous confidence boosting half for Fabianski. Lets grab the ten points and be done with qualification.
    All is well again.

111. Irishgunner says:

Great win for us on the road, happy with that.

Catch ye soon guys, night :D

“I would like Fabianski to have a very quiet evening but make two wonder saves” – and the Chamakh comment, ….. I should have bought a lottery ticket !

A few notes from tonight.

Firstly, what an brilliant crowd Partizan have, probably the best I have ever seen. My stream is continuing and the stadium is still packed full of singing fans. Imagine if they had won.

Denilson. Now I know he is stat man but he is that for a reason….

Tonight he made 81 passes with a completion rate of 87%. Which is fantastic, way ahead of anyone else on the pitch, but when one allies that to the fact that he ran 11.8 kms which was almost a kilometre more than anyone else (TR with 11 kms), it shows just how much work he does for the team.

I am not a huge fan but he does a job and he does it well.

You and me Big Raddy. You and me. Top of the class.
    Interesting stats you have there on Denilson. Do you think we will line up with Denilson and Song on Sunday, or will it be one and…

Wow, check out the top of the page. Swift operator.

Well it looks like its Goodnight from him also. Goodnight.

116. Benwell says:

I noticed those stats on the stream I watched it on, he certainly put a good shift in (Diaby take note)
    That sort of work rate gives the others a platform to shine.
    Great night for Fabianski, lets hope that gives him the lift he needs and the Chavs don’t stand on his feet.
    Now lets do it against the NF boys (and the advertising execs, strange mix!)

117. SharkeySure says:

In all honesty I had a post at 19.44 wishing the Wookie all the best. I told Fabianski “you’re mistakes are in the past, and your futures starts now. C’mon son you can do it”

Then my connection died and it didn’t post.

Scouts honour, thats the post I wrote.

Having said all that…he’ll get a lot of credit for the second save he made…but for me, he’s almost let that in. his wrists were nowhere strong enough. That ball should have flown off of his hands, not just been deflected narrowly wide.

Still its a good night for his confidence and that can only be good news for us all.

118. SharkeySure says:

Wilshere. Just how good will he eventually be…??

His talent is frightening. I know some liek to mock Arsene for his statements about ‘not killing players’. but then you watch LJW and it should be crystal clear to anybody why getting a other MF in for £15-20m would cause more problems than it solved.

119. SharkeySure says:

Radders NBenwell, if either of you have alink to those stats, then please post them up. Cheers.

120. SharkeySure says:

Rasp. I agreed with Radders re Song playing well and giving us some dynamism in the middle of the park. no connnection meant I couldn’t respond then.

Oh and apologies to your good self, for the rant/comments that follow, as they ARE NOT wholly in response to your earlier comments, but more about the unfair criticism that I feel that Song generally gets

Yeah he misplaces a few balls, but his passing is very adventurous, and still some people don’t recognise this. If he plays a pass that the intended receiver doesn’t read, then some people read that as a misplaced pass on Song’s account.

For me the system agianst a weaker team is that LJW or Den sits behind Song, allowing him to roam and break up play. Against a stronger team, he and one other sit deeper with one in front.

We needed a strong guy in there and now we have one. We should all be happy about that. His skill at retaining and/or passing the ball under pressure is exemplary, and I dare say that there are few players in the prem better at that than him. Even when he’s a little off his game, ie Sat gone, he’s always trying to carry the fight for us.

We’ve only got one Song, so lets all sing his praises, and stay right behind him.

Yeah Peaches, I know…this should have been a post. Sorry…..again !!!

121. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

Sharkey, wait a week and then send it in, no one’ll notice !!

122. Neamman says:

Good performance,well earned victory.

Fabianski: He saved the penalty and must have been under tremendous pressure prior to this game. He played well, I still dont feel he is our number 1 but fair dues to him tonight. 8
    Sagna: Got up often and was generally solid 6
    Squilli: Good goal but very shaky early on 6
    Djourou: Gives us height and after a soso start did well 6.5
    Gibbs Better than Clichy, but gave away a penalty. Good going forward 6

Rosicky: Very good second half great cross for 2nd goal 6

Song: I agree, played too far up..he must be under orders. 6

Wiltshire: great first half but tired in second, maybe as a result of the kicking he took. tremendous set up for first goal 7.5

Denilson: Stupid penalty but was busy 7

Archivin: Excellent game MOM for me 9

Chamarhk: Not a good game in first half but good goal 6

123. London says:

Match report in drafts if you need one.

124. rockylives says:

Have left a piece in drafts that might do for Thursday or Friday…

Good Morning,

My thoughts haven’t changed since half time,except to say, an away win is most welcome, and I was pleased for Fabianski having an all round good game.
    I still maintain we beat a very poor side and that one didn’t really see how our defence would have stood up to stronger opposition.
    I maintain my stance that Jack should play when ever possible,and though he missed a penalty Arshavin will be one of the stars of this season.
    With cesc absent, Nasri missing was very apparent and though Rosicky showed a few moments of skill, he just is not the player he was.Maybe as said earlier he needs that first goal, but he fluffs every opportunity, and he wouldn’t automatically be in my first choice line up.
    AS BR said the home crowd were fantastic,if only we could generate such an atmosphere.
    The reality check will come on Sunday, and IMO Vermaelen and/or Cesc needs to play.Djorou may be not quite match fit, but he is no where near the class we need.Denilson apart from a needless penalty that he gave away,had a solid game.
    It’s my wife’s birthday today so if you want to repost this on the new post,I will be back later.

126. London says:

New Post

Thanks London and Rocky, that’s great ;)

My comments last night regarding Song, were based on his performance in the game and the other games so far this season. They have nothing to do with any deep rooted dislike of him or comments on other sites. When he plays defensively he is fantastic, when he goes forward, he leaves a huge gap that no other player adequately fills. Why have him in the final third when we have other midfielders who are much better in that potition than him?