Written by Irishgunner

“Sell him”

“He’ll never play 90 minutes again”

“We might as well move him into the physio room full time”

“What a waste of wages”

Some of the many comments made about Tomas Rosicky over the last two and a half years. Now, all of these are understandable and I can see why people made them, but every now and again a player is worth it. Just like that lot down the road are so patient with Ledley King, so too we were right to be patient with Rosicky.

If Theo Walcott hadn’t scored his hat-trick against Blackpool just who would have been your man of the match? How many of you have said Tomas Rosicky?

Yes, it was “only Blackpool” but we got beat by “only Wigan” last season and you can only beat the opposition in front of you. Rosicky was imperious against Blackpool last weekend and ran the midfield. He also made a positive impression when he came on against Liverpool the week previous. During the week Rasp wondered if he would have as much an effect when Nasri and Cesc are on the field at the same time, now this is a very, very valid point but isn’t it nice to know that someone else is just as well equipped to do the job when they are not there?

Against Blackpool, Rosicky played in his favoured position and was involved in everything positive we did. Such is his versatility he can be equally important out on the wings.

Don’t laugh, but if everyone is fit we have great options going forward. So say we won’t get 90 minutes out of Rosicky every game, how about rotating him and Cesc a bit more? Cesc can’t play 90 mins every game so what’s stopping Wenger giving Rosicky 20 minutes at the end of a game prior to a really important one? Rosicky gets game time and Cesc gets a breather.

This isn’t to demean Rosicky’s role in the squad, but considering his recent past, he may well be no more than a squad player, but what a bloody talented, influential squad player to have…

Of course he will have his games out wide on the wings too but he’s a nice option to have, Rosicky has enough skill and experience to play a commanding central role and I for one would be tempted to play him in the middle over Nasri if needed.

Rosicky could be a really massive player for us this season and no doubt will prove that form is temporary, class is permanent.

96 Responses to Tomas Rosicky – Little Mozart Is Playing The Right Tune – written by irishgunner

1. James Shelsher says:

Bang on. Totally agree. Massively overreliant on Cesc, this man can play that position and also challenge the fat russian as well. Before big games, this man can come in and pull the strings. Can be his best season for arsenal and he does owe us.

2. Trennon says:

A very nice headache to have indeed. I just hope this is the season he can stay fit. I’d also really like to see his long range shooting come back into play. He was deadly from 20 yards and more. Perhaps we’ll see more of that this season!

Morning and welcome James and Trennon,

That’s a very good point about Tomas’ long range shooting. We all remember the fantastic goal he scored in the 2006 World Cup.

4. Red Arse says:

Morning all,

Irish, a really good post on one of my favourite players. Tomas is quite capable of taking the game by the scruff of the neck and turning on the style.

He shows signs of being up for it this season with his injuries, hopefully, in the past.

Loved the “sick note” caption. Congrats to rasp, if he is the “mum” who wrote it for Tomas!! :-)

Morning Red Arse,

I take no credit for Irish’s excellent post ;)

Her love affair with TR7 transcends football. I agree with her conclusion that he and Nasri can be very important to our fate this season and certainly would be given god-like status if they were English and played for any other club.

6. Jazbo says:

Thomas has always been a master in the midfield, it’s such a shame that due to injuries we have not seen the best of him for nearly two years, however, we now have options again in the engine room and I’m over the moon to see that Thomas plays a better game in the middle than Fabregas, the reason is this: Fabregas is an attacking midfield player always trying to get into the box, Thomas on the other hand is a string puller from the outside of the box, he keeps the ball moving from left to right,forwards backwards, it’s a joy to behold.
    Some of you may have noticed how the whole shape of our attacking play against Blackpool changed once Fabregas came onto the pitch and tried to take over from Thomas, it never looked right and one got the impression that that the game started to look forced.

Lets just hope that Arsene gives him a rest this weekend and does not subject Thomas to the full game against Blackburn at the weekend, that is a game for the dogs of war not for a conductor of sweet music.

7. Edmond Dantes says:

All hail Lord Wenger and God save the Arsenal

Nice post Irish. On that note, I also like Guiness and U2.

8. pyroprat says:

Think he is far more suited to fast passing game compared to nasri or diaby….No offence to them, they are amazingly talented but tend to hold the ball far longer… I can see nasri adapting but diaby still looks far away..

Hi Jazbo,

You make some very good points. Tomas has impressed me with his tenacity and tackling – he can mix it with the best of them. I’m more intrigued to see if Squillaci will be on the bench against Blackburn.

Apparently (although it’s hard to believe) Allardyce is sending his teams out to try to play football this season, but I have no doubt he will return to type where we are concerned.

10. Red Arse says:

Jazbo,

Really well analysed and summarized. :-)

I thought things did not look quite right when Cesc came on against Blackpool either, but I put it down to all the changes and he has not had much match practise.

It will come good and verything is looking up.

Rasp, I may have used the wrong terminology, I didn’t mean to steal Irish’s thunder about the piece, but if she did the sick note cartoon as well, I think I’ve met the girl/woman of my dreams!

And before anyone says so, I know it’s only in my dreams. ;)

11. Tarre says:

For those of us that have played sports we know the difference between playing after and injury and playing fully fit and in good form….The difference is monumental!!

Rosicky will be massive for Arsenal!
    Fully fit, he is one of the best players in the league :)

12. patches says:

He truly is a conductor of sweet music… i would love to see rosicky play in the position that diaby usually occupies… he would have more of an impact, true he dusnt have the same physical presence but he would just slot right in, helping cesc with what he does best…truly looking forward to it… i hope he has his best season for arsenal… =)

13. Edmond Dantes says:

Rosicky needs more game time. I was very pleased that he was able to play the full match on Saturday. Of course his performance was exemplary and as such, another 90 minutes will be duly merited come Blackburn. But with Cesc back in the fold, who knows how Arsene will line the team out.

14. Edmond Dantes says:

What do you guys think of Moronho’s comments about Arsenal?

15. Red Arse says:

Edmond,

I know there are obsequious people who love Moaniho, even some arsenal fans. They tell me he is witty, intelligent and perspicacious.

I think he is a self satisfied, attention seeking, uncivilised moron.

Apart from that, he is alright! :-)

Let him talk Ed, we’ve got quite a few rival managers worried. If we come away from Blackburn with a result and having resisted the physical onslaught, a lot more managers and pundits will begin to take note. We should maintain a dignified silence and just focus on the Arsenal.

17. dandan says:

Terrific post Irish, Tomas, Sam and Cesc our three musketeers, interchangeable in my book. Injuries, fatigue and suspensions will all take there toll this year again, to be able to interchange and rest these three gives Arsene a massive advantage. As all three have the quality to step in “change the game” as Sam did pre-season and Tomas has done in the absence of the other two, Cesc will soon be match fit, Sami is a month away so just hope Allardyce the barbarian doesn’t send his hordes out to kick either of them to bits.

18. Jay says:

Really like this article, at the game saturday and no-one mentioned that Rosicky put in a masterful performance. Every move started by him, he was brillaint, hopeful he will keep his place.

Great article

Just for Irish. An extremely poor example of the art of hairdresssing…… & I apologise for the music

20. London says:

Good post Irish.

And, of course, you are right, Rosicky was imperious on Saturday.

21. London says:

Jazbo

I hope you come back……you make some very impressive observations up there.

Have you every written a match report? If this interests you have a look above in “Be our guest”.

22. thelittlemozart says:

that’s why he is called ‘The little Mozart’.. he ‘beautifies perfection’..

23. gnarleygeorge9 says:

I agree Irish, Mozart is one of my favourite Arsenal players so I spose thats why I agree :D

24. 26may1989 says:

Love the post Irish – it’s a real shame we’ve lost so much of Rosicky in the past couple of years, let’s just hope he gets a chance in the next couple of seasons to show in a sustained way what he can do.

The only problem is, as you suggest, our glut of players in similar positions. Cesc, Nasri, Wilshere and Ramsey, plus (to a lesser extent) Arshavin and Diaby.

As to Mourinho, I’ve always disliked him, though I have to acknowledge that he is the best tactician around, bar none. I have a horrible feeling he may get the best out of the usually self-destructive Real Madrid. His comments about us were strictly speaking accurate: the squad is now sufficiently experienced that they can’t rely on the kids tag as an excuse. But his bitterness about Arsenal and Wenger is annoying: in his criticisms of us, he consistently fails to allow for the fact that he had unlimited funds at the same time as we had virtually nothing available. Yes, he is a great coach, but he couldn’t have achieved half of what he achieved at The Bridge (or at Inter) without huge quantities of the ready stuff. Wenger on the other hand has been able to keep us at the top table without any serious funding at all – that is Wenger’s achievement of the past five years, one that Mourinho couldn’t have matched given the same circumstances. Yes, Mourinho won the European Cup with Porto (which remains his best achievement) but there was more than a bit of the shock factor in that, plus the big sides that year all managed to screw themselves up.

All in all, a fantastically talented and occasionally amusing man but one who is vain and irrititing. I hope he never returns to English football but fear he will be the next United manager, or even an England coach one day.

25. 26may1989 says:

I take it others have seen the rumour that Mikael Silvestre might join Werder Bremen. More fool them of course, but if anyone saw the Samp v Werder match last night, they would have seen some justification for their desperation. The central defenders, one of whom was Per Mertesacker, were appalling.

I admit it, I would have been happy if we had recruited Mertesacker, even though he had plenty of mistakes against his name, but last night underlined that passing over him (and ignoring many Arsenal fans) may well have been a sound decision.

But when is this Squillaci move going to be officially announced?

26. Red Arse says:

Agree with that 26May.

Even when he is right he is v. objectionable in the way he expresses himself, particularly where Arsene is concerned.

I think his reference to Le Prof as a “voyeur” is unforgiveable, especially as his insistence in sticking his nose into other clubs’ business is precisely what he claimed Arsene did.

27. sam says:

i too am really happy about rosicky’s performances but is this the right time to write the article?
    will we be saying this at the end or even middle of the season?
    I hope he does well as hes a great player and deserves to play

28. Irishgunner says:

Afternoon all,

I’ve never hid that Rosicky is my favourite Gooner and was crushed he missed so much football but hopefully he can show his worth his season. He’s an artist on the ball.

Sam – that’s a fair point but when is it ever the right time? There’s really no point saying at the end of the season “well I thought he’d have a great season but didn’t want to write it” might as well hop off the fence every now and again and I’ve huge faith in TR7.

BR – Carpenter is great, he does a Rosicky package for almost every game. You had to bring up the haircut didn’t you? :lol:

As for Mourinho, I don’t like him as a person and don’t want to see him back in England but I do hope Real Madrid stuff Barca this season.

Hi Irish,

We’re having a Tomas ‘love-in’ thanks to you :P

I hope you didn’t mind me adding the extra pic – I thought it would appeal to you ladies

30. Irishgunner says:

Ha ha Rasp nothing like a Tomas love in :)

LOL – I was going to put in a picture of Tomas but then if I did I thought ye’d say “your only putting it in for his looks” which is only 3/4 true :D

Don’t like the new haircut, let it grow Tom.

31. SharkeySure says:

NIce poist irish.

Rasp – “self satisfied, attention seeking, uncivilised moron.” Thats it in a nutshell.

32. SharkeySure says:

My typos plunge new depths !!

Hi Sharkey,

I’m hoping that was an assessment of Maureen – because it read like you were describing me :?

Nice read as usual irish.

I hold my hand up that I thought Mozart was so to speak dead and buried.

If he really remains injury free I feel we haven’t seen anything as yet in an Arsenal shirt as the excitement and skill he brought to the 2006 World cup.

My only critism is that wengerball of short intricate passes should go hand in hand with what comes naturally to some of our skillful players,that is actually having more pop shots from the edge of the are or beyond, as hardly a keeper in the land doesn’t fumble at least a couple of these in any given game.

On another point,there seems to be an air of expectancy that Blackburn wil try to kick us off the pitch.Well let them try, as we no doubt have so many more skillfull and quick players than in the last few seasons that they will risk getting a man sent off and also conceding a penalty.

35. Irishgunner says:

Afternoon Sharkey.

Are we all fully fledged supporters of Young Boys of Berne tonight? I hope Willie Gallas scores an OG :lol:

Sorry my spelling is shite but i have dyslexia and cant copy everything that comes into my head,as it is so time consuming.

We hope spurs get a good spanking :)

38. Irishgunner says:

Afternoon Kelsey.

Hopefully this season we’ll see some of the form TR7 had at World Cup 06, and a few screamers would be nice.

I :lol: at Sam Allardyce claiming he would play football, yeah whatever….

39. 26may1989 says:

Irish, as one who grew up geographically in between Spurs and Arsenal, and being a contrary bastard, I’ve always said I don’t mind Spurs doing well so long as they have the decency to lose to us at least twice a year and finish below us in the league. And they usually oblige.

But even I have to admit, it would be very funny if Spurs manage to stuff up a very easy qualifier tie and don’t make it to the CL proper.

40. SharkeySure says:

Rasp – try the cap on, let me know if it fits ! ;-)

If not I’ll get you a bigger size!

No Gallas tonight, not qualified, as ‘tie’ started with the first leg before he signed. OG would have been nice though

41. Irishgunner says:

26may – Ha ha it would be funny. I’m just think they need a kick up the arse cos they’ve done nothing in the last what 40 years? and still think they are a club on par with us :roll:

Sharkey – ah darn thought he could play, David Bentley OG?

42. Irishgunner says:

I had so many typos there but just far too lazy to edit..

43. 26may1989 says:

Is anyone else worried about Squillaci? Sevilla said at the weekend he was travelling to London for a medical on Monday, and yet still no announcement. I know Pravda (arsenal.com) is slow but the delay is starting to suggest a real problem.

44. Irishgunner says:

I think we will announce 2 signings 26may and hence the delay – and I don’t mean that as a joke.

45. 26may1989 says:

Hope you’re right Irish, I just get paranoid about these things……

46. Goonoo says:

The day we signed Rosicky I actually drank a bottle of champagne to celebrate such was my admiration for the maestro. He’s a born a Wenger player, and when fully fit he’s genuinely one of Europe’s finest. Loved his performance against Blackpool.

47. Irishgunner says:

I think its a done deal, it is a done deal barring something bizarre, Sevilla have confirmed it and so has the player, just we’re a bit slow in confirming.

Goonoo – I did a mini girly dance around the living room, but I’m allowed cos I’m a girl :D

48. Armourist says:

It’s his intelligence as a central mid that impresses me the most, the liverpool game which he turned in our favour, he was the only arsenal cm to make that run inside the box forcing a save from reina.

For me, Nasri & Diaby are talented players, barring Fabregas, TR7 is our only complete midfielder, in that vein he has to start before them, as long as his fine china hamstrings can hold up, obviously other variables come into play which means he won’t.

He is the closest player to Bobby P(Pires) in our squad.

49. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

“mini girly dance”

Why does that make me think of a leprechaun in a mini skirt..??

Maybe its cos I’s a Loon..??

Afternoon Red Arse. If you continue to be absent when I’m around people will think its a Michael & LaToya Jackson situation

50. Red Arse says:

Oi Sharkey,

Your 12:41. Not sure if you were saying you liked my description of Maureenio, or if you were taking the piddle out of my descriptive powers?

Not that I’m thin skinned or anything, obviously, but reassurance would be nice. ;)

51. Red Arse says:

Frothing,

I look for you everyday so we can be on the site at the same time. No Superman/Clark Kent, for me.

I understand you are dyslexic so to try and help …. waht’s a ncie boy ilke you donig in a Lono ilke taht?

I confess to be worried now because I found that too asey! :-)

52. Red Arse says:

Irish,

The last time we won the double I pirouetted around the room in a girly wiggle, so as Leprechauns are notionally male, perhaps my friend Frothing means me.

Though it should be known we fairies draw the line at plaid mini skirts! — Not sure that came out the way I intended. Well not that it came out but … this is getting worse. :oops:

53. Ketch says:

if he has a bad game against Blackburn this weekend you’ll all go back to the way you were before, saying you should sell him while you can

54. Irishgunner says:

Red Arse – there must be female Leprechauns to reproduce? ;)

“you’ll all go back to the way you were before, saying you should sell him while you can” – any more sweeping generalisations for us Ketch?

Ketch,

I don’t know what evidence you think you have for that comment, but I can assure you that the writer of the article and the majority of the bloggers on here have always been very supportive of Rosicky – maybe you’re confusing us with another site?

56. Red Arse says:

Irish,

I think females are called Leprechettes! :-)

Kelsey, wash your mouth out. I used to like you! ;)

57. SharkeySure says:

Armourist – very good point re the Bobby P comparison.

58. piken79 says:

perhaps he should replace diaby in the squad but not for the blackburn game because we need his strength.

Red Arse says:
    August 25, 2010 at 3:16 pm (Edit)

Kelsey, wash your mouth out. I used to like you!
    ——————————————————

Oi, i haven’t even been on, and i am dyslexic not frothing.

That’s the trouble when you are blogging allover the place,you can’t remember who you are addressing :)

Hi piken,

I’d prefer Rosicky to Diaby against Blackburn. He doesn’t suffer from lapses in concentration and seldom gives the ball away. Teams like Blackburn will be happy to sit back and defend and then hit us on the break or from set pieces. Diaby’s passing is sometimes careless and he doesn’t always track back as he should. Rosicky is actually a pretty tough tackler and has plenty of energy for 60-70 minutes.

I hought he was alluding to your totnum comment @ 12:15 kelsey?

62. Red Arse says:

Kelsey,

Sorry Kelsey, it was a typo, I meant to type “Ketch” after his Tomas comment at 3:00 p.m.. So I got the first 2 letters right. I don’t know him so I’ll save all my love for you, in a v. manly way, obviously. ;)

63. Red Arse says:

Kelsey,

You mention my multi blogging; I foolishly got onto a Mancs blog earlier to try and voice a reasonable comment, or two.

Well, without wishing to be unkind, the Manure fans I encountered, make some of our “left field” gooner fans sound eminently sensible.

64. Irishgunner says:

” in a v. manly way, obviously” men and not showing your feelings openly :lol:

This heavy rain may play into the hands of Young Boys this evening. Having read how much money clubs earn just getting into the group stage of the CL, I am rooting for the Swiss with every inch of my being :lol:

66. Irishgunner says:

You went to the Republic of Manucnia didn’t you Red Arse???

Dear oh dear … they’ve been blocked from my newsnow for a long time, shower of wankers – there is a correct sweeping generalisation for ya :D

Love the new avatar Irish – is it in reverence to Lady Jesus Spongebob Gaga etc etc. ?

68. Ketch says:

Maybe you guys havent but ive been on plenty of Arsenal blogs that ive seen rip into him and becauses hes had one really good game,there now talking about him like he is God. I personally think he is a really good player but i just get annoyed by the switch in attitudes, it wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you Rasp

69. Irishgunner says:

Twitchy’s twitch will be doing 90mph if they are in strife with 10 minutes left

70. Irishgunner says:

Rasp – Yes, its Lady Gaga with halo hair, as you do :)

Ketch – Believe me I was never one to ever call for Rosicky to leave, I will have some form of a mental breakdown when that happens …. Rasp will tell you I only mildly like him though ;)

No worries Ketch,

The introduction to Irish’s article was pouring scorn on those who have been calling for him to be sold and so your view was agreeing with the article, the only problem was assuming that the rest of us were guilty of the sort of reactionary comments often found elsewhere.

72. Red Arse says:

Irish,

Twitchy’s twitch. :-)

Let’s just hope he does not scratch his nose, then it would be Twitchy’s titchy, itchy snitch.

(Alliteration was never my strong point!)

The beheading of King Charles I by “a cheap chippy chopper on a big black block”, has stuck with me though. :-)

73. Irishgunner says:

:lol: Imagine if I had kept my temporary username from last week…

“Well, what Lady Jesus Spongebob Gaga Pants was trying to say” :lol: don’t think it would have helped the blog’s credentials

74. Red Arse says:

Irish,

It might have been the Republic of Maniacs, yes. ;)

75. Irishgunner says:

Here’s one for you Red Arse:

“The sixth sick sheikh’s sixth sheep’s sick”

This is my favourite:

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck
    if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    A woodchuck would chuck all the wood a woodchuck could chuck,
    if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

76. Red Arse says:

Delicately put Irish, but blog credentials?

That reminds me; what was the result of London’s poll on saturday as to what a certain lady should wear for the B’pool game; a) keep old knickers (clean obviously), b) new knickers (clean obviously) or c) go commando?

For myself, I wear my unders (clean obviously) on my head with the legholes carefully positioned around my ears so I don’t miss any of the comments in the pub.

77. Red Arse says:

Irish,

I know grown men give up in despair at trying to say that. Along thr lines “F*ck the Woodchuck’s chuck”. :-)

78. Irishgunner says:

Maybe blog credentials isn’t the right term, but if you came to the blog for the first time and it was written by Lady Jesus Spongebob Gaga Pants would you take it seriously and come back again??

Well, maybe YOU would :lol:

You’ve totally lost me on the second part ha ha I wasn’t on Saturday I think

79. Irishgunner says:

Ha ha Red Arse

Try the classic “Unique New York” 20 times quick, go go

80. Red Arse says:

:oops: I did not mean to sneak on London, he will never forgive me, but he was v. funny! :-)

81. Red Arse says:

Irish,

Unique ewe tork. Can’t even type it. I confess I’m no good at alliteration and you lead me straight in. You are a hard woman! But I like you. ;)

Must be the Celtic part of my heritage. :-)

82. Red Arse says:

Right, I’ve bored the arses off everyone, so I’ll bid a fond adieu to myself, again.

Nite RA. :-)

83. Irishgunner says:

LOL Nite RA

Must be off myself – i might be back later if I feel the need to share my laughing at the spuds (hopefully)

Red arse,

I think the best way to describe you in the best possible way, is a tad hyper :)

85. Frothing Inarticulate Loon says:

He’s a good lad that Red Arse….

I like him…. but then again I’m a Loon !

I need some help re a post.

Can anyone tell me how many English players we have SIGNED since Wenger came to the club. Thanks.

87. 26may1989 says:

Kelsey, assuming signing young players (16 and under) like Luke Freeman doesn’t count, there can’t be many more than Theo Walcott, Matthew Upson, Frannie Jeffers, Sol Campbell and Richard Wright, can there? But someone will now list dozens of the buggers……

26thmay,

thanks for the reply.

I should have said signed and payed a fee for and became first team players.So Campbell is out as he was a free.

it’s hard insn’t it if you go back to day one of Wenger’s reign.

Peaches – have emailed a post to you.

90. 26may1989 says:

Have just seen short highlights of the Ajax v Dynamo Kyiv game, and the bad news for anyone thinking we might be signing any of the Ajax players before Tuesday is that all of Steklenburg, van der Wiel, Vertonghen and Suarez played and would therefore be cup-tied for the CL if they were to sign for us.

Steklenburg looked especially good on the night, and Suarez scored a fantastic goal, on the turn and from the narrowest of angles.

Oh well.

91. [...] Tomas Rosicky – Little Mozart Is Playing The Right Tune Written by Irishgunner “Sell him” “He’ll never play 90 minutes again” “We might as [...] [...]

92. tommystout says:

Morning all!

having watched the spuds in the hope that they would be beaten last night – my boy was confused at the banter going on between the commentators during a lull in the game. It was odd for him as he usually watches Arsenal with me, he said “whats that all about” directed at their pathetic dialogue. I said “they have to speak off the cuff son as there is nothing to discuss, this is the point that they are usually slagging off The Arsenal.”

We witnessed last night the start of ITV’s love affair with Tottenham’s surge into the champions league, it made me sick. The hand ball! where were the shouts of “cheat”, will defoe be labelled, victimised, hung drawn and quartered! We know the answer to that one!
    I’m sure that sky and talkshite will jump on the bandwagon – good job defoe isn’t a foreigner and dons the red and white of arsenal.

Theres a NEW POST