So, where is Koscielny?

The media are having a great time thrashing the Arsenal this morning. Reports that Merida couldn’t wait to get out the door and Nasri didn’t want to come,  coupled with more taunts from the Spanish camp that Cesc has his Barcelona shirt ironed and ready to go have left me feeling more than a little despondant. So, where is Koscielny? The start of the season is almost a month away and we seem to have only two centre-backs to get going with.

With no new good news I started to think about who would run out for the Barnet game. In ten days time I shall be there watching an Arsenal team kick uphill for the first half and downhill for the second half. Yes, it really is like that and there are back gardens that abutt one of the goal lines. Last years game saw the re-introduction of Rosicky as a first-team player and he captained the side in the first half. He looked really good and I was thrilled for him that his strange collection of injuries had been sorted out.

Who will we see to be delighted and enthusiastic about? The first half is usually a mix of first teamers and reserves and then the second half just reserves or whatever they’re going to call them now as we’re not part of the Reserves league. I expect Keiran Gibbs to play and he should get a huge cheer maybe Aaron Ramsey will be there too.  Hopefully, players like Tom Cruise and  Kyle Bartley, who seem to have been around for ever, will  be given the chance to break into the first team if they’re good enough.

Tonight sees Holland hoping to book their place in the World Cup Final. Robin van Persie, along with other Premiership stars, hasn’t set the tournament alight but maybe he’s just waiting for tonight – you know the way we always think that ‘this free kick is definitely going to go in’. My Arsenal heart is with you Robin ……..and tomorrow it will be with Cesc…………just don’t get injured.

It would be nice if the media left us alone for a few days, if players that had departed just said thanks for having me – I had a really great time, sorry it didn’t work out. There is always the future. We are a great club and we will have a great 2010/11 season and its not too far away.

104 Responses to So, where is Koscielny?

1. RealSocialDad says:

according to the french press he trained with our youth squad yesterday

2. charybdis1966 says:

Morning all, if you’re feeling a bit cheesed off Peachy you should rant away, you’ll feel better for it. Certainly there was little on Newsnow last night to raise our sagging spirits lowered by Merida’s dig at us and the usual regular tapping up by Fergie’s boy Pique, it wouldn’t surprise me if old bacon face is encouraging the unsettling process.
    Speaking of Barnet Peachy, were you able to get me a ticket?

3. salu says:

who is koscielny?

4. Goona says:

The deals probably done but if memory serves me right Arsenal usually announce new signings on a Friday.

5. shooy says:

Waiting for another less publicised deal to be finalised before making a big announcement? Just a thought.

Some people always seem to be searching for something to get their knickers in a twist about.

6. tommystout says:

Morning peeps.
    How do you know it was Peachie? Charey.
    Hey as Arsenal fans we know that negetive press comes with the territory, its in our blood to cope :-) i’m already preparing my boys for the everyones against us attitude.
    Koskielny will be announced soon…. but who else?

7. Babar says:

about the “Nasri didn’t want to come” story. Let me let you this is simply a bad translation by Four Four Two. I read the words Didier Descamps said in French and this is very much the opposite. When asked if he would like to have Nasri back to the Velodrone he said “yes but Nasri had a good season at Arsenal and he does not want to leave (Arsenal)”. Shame on Four Four Two

8. tommystout says:

Well Bendtners already knackered for the new season… theres a shock. Hope RVP comes out of this comp ok. How do we see him lining up with Chamach??? 4.3.3 still??

9. charybdis1966 says:

TommyS – I don’t really know why I thought it was Peachy’s post. Sometimes it says in the post who it’s by, just a guess really.

10. tommystout says:

Anyone heard anything more about schwartzer for 2 million other than the twitter rumour???

11. Icedre218 says:

Koscielny has signed, had his medical last week and trained with the reserves yesterday, but nothing will be announced till Wenger gets back. He wants to be there when all signings are announced. So there could be others that have been lined up, but we are waiting on Wenger to get back from the World Cup. So fingers crossed we have a couple of new players next week.

12. tommystout says:

i agree like charey! i just thought you must have special internet or something :-)

13. tommystout says:

Ice- ive got my fingers and everything crossed for more than a couple of new players next week!! ;-)

Morning all,

Its peaches post.

I agree the Koscielny deal is done but don’t expect any other signings to be announced at the same time.

As regards Nik’s fitness, I expect him to start most games on the bench any way so AW will not have to rush him back if not fully fit. Our forward line cannot accommodate AA, RvP, Chamakh, Theo and Nik.

15. Full marks chary :) and yes you have a ticket for the Barnet game. We need to sort out a meeting/drinking place – its only next Saturday.

tommy – it depends where you open the post I think, if you have it saved as a bookmark you get the ‘posted by’ at the bottom but if you access it through NN you don’t.

16. 26may1989 says:

Merida didn’t say he couldn’t wait to leave Arsenal, he said “there were some circumstances [at Arsenal], particularly on the sporting side, which I wasn’t happy with and I couldn’t fit in. I made Wenger aware of that and as soon as I knew Atletico were interested, I didn’t think twice.” Which is fair enough, given that he’s 20, has hardly played first team football and (at the moment) Fabregas, Ramsey, Diaby and Nasri are ahead of him, and Wilshere is in the wings. Merida is a quality player and I’m sure we’ll be seeing plenty of him but he needs a chance to develop. He stayed last season in the hope he would get a look-in but didn’t get much of a chance. It’s a shame we couldn’t accommodate him but he needed to move on. Good luck to him.

As for signings, the World Cup was always going to delay much business being done before now. Not many other clubs have made signings so far. But we do need to get our CB and GK situation sorted as a matter of urgency. Am still hoping we’ll get Cahill, Jagielka or Chiellini to go alongside Vermaelen, Campbell, Koscielny and Nordtveit. Or sign Nigel de Jong in the aftermath of City’s ridiculous signing of Yaya Toure and use Song as CB and DM.

17. charybdis1966 says:

No special internet for me TommyS – also I did know Peachy was going to Barnet so I subconsciously assumed it was her, plus she’s moré polite than most in posts, she’s not a ranter like I am, at times.

18. Babar says:

Koscielny is training. he already broke the legs of 5 lads. Good start exactly what we need.

:lol: Babar

It’s Diaby who breaks the legs, have you any proof or a link that Kozzer is training with the boys?

I have already listed Kozzer in the ‘players in’ widget up top. I agree there will be a frenzy of signings when the WC finishes, but whoever we sign will not be a huge surprise. Personally, I don’t want Joe Cole. I would be very unhappy if manure get Schweinsteiger (sp?)

Oh, and I hope Germany destroy Spain tomorrow and teach those underhand, sleazy, bigmouth shites at Barcelona that they cannot bully everyone.

22. tommystout says:

yes rasp then we can get cesc back home and start filling his head with shite about tappalona

23. charybdis1966 says:

Thanks Peachy, I’ll text you next week to sort out the pre-match stuff.

24. Babar says:

@ Rasp:

Babar

Answer: Yes I have the proof; 5 broken legs

25. Goona says:

Babar that one really made my day I gave a loud GUFFAW!and several more come to that.Brill!

I’m beginning to question your motivation now Babar – hopefully its just a warped sense of humour?

27. charybdis1966 says:

Hi Raspers, the trouble is even if the krauts prevail tomorrow we won’t have Cesc out of the poisonous Tappalona environment till the weekend as Spain’ll be in the 3rd place play off.

28. Daxxjoker says:

Hello to everyone.
    I don’t know why are you all so intrigued.You should know by now that we do all the transfers in the stupidest possible way.
    Wenger has in his head some moronic idea that he should hide his business.I would understand that if he is about to buy someone for,let’s say,60mill.
    But there is no need for that philosophy with his cheap ass signings.He was also full of stupid principles,but recently realized he was wrong for sticking with them.Then he brought Sol back and offered Gallas a 2-year deal – and I am hoping he will let go of some more principles in the near future.Especially the ones about doing transfers underground and refusing to pay more than 15mill for a single player.
    AND MARK MY WORDS – CESC WILL LEAVE THIS SUMMER ! AND IF AW DOESN’T BUY OZIL AS HIS REPLACEMENT – WE WILL FINISH 7TH THIS COMING SEASON !

Good point chary. I so want to get Barca in the CL again. They are developing the same egomaniacal bent that brought the England team down.

Their confidence will be shattered if the Germans beat them with their brand of sound, no-nonsense direct football. The obsession with the ‘clever pass’ can be a negative.

30. London says:

Just read the post, what’s wrong with that?

If I were going to the Barnet game I would be looking forward to the seeing the new kit……great stuff.

Daxx,

Was TV a ‘cheap ass signing’? Koscielny will be a class player and Chamakh will be a star. We could have turned Babel into a great player but he chose pool and missed his chance.

32. shooy says:

Wenger doesn’t “hide” his business he just chooses not to conduct it in the full glare of the media spotlight. I don’t see a particular problem with that to get uptight about. But then I neither feel the need nor see the point in trying to second guess everything the club does.

33. Liams Left foot says:

I hope Koscielny will be as successful a signing as the ‘verminator’ but his song might be a challenge for the most experienced rhymers. But why does it take Arsenal so long to conclude these deals with players who are playing with teams below us in the the world standings{no offense meant to respective teams,as I am not a delusional Barcelona prick} and seem to have no other competitors for there signatures.Toure and Silva at Man city in the blink of an eye,and yes I know it is the Chavski type money that is oiling the wheels but I thought we were the swag holders this year and I am not saying we should be laying bids on every tabloid pick of the transfers, but why is a 22 year old defender from the equivalent of Blackburn Rovers a transfer saga! I hope I am wrong and I wake up soon and find out we have reinforced and have ourselves a rocking combat unit to kick some of the last few seasons pains into touch. Please, this year.

34. sherv says:

Waxx how dare u talk about AW in that way?! The transfer policy is brilliant as it doesn’t get caught up in the inflated market prices for players who aren’t worth it! For a club like arsenal to be making profits and not have a trillionaire owner is spectacular. Yes it been 5 years but the Emirates is partly the reason why! Think about what u say and don’t get caught up in all the nonsense of the big blind spenders

35. dandan says:

Morning all. Peaches are you getting broody for the real thing, wanting to know who your new boys are. Lets just hope Joe (nice but dim)Cole is not one of them.
    I hear Bellamy is up for grabs, now him I would like. Aggression with brains pace and skill and a compassion in his private life that belies his on field image. AW would be just the man to manage and nurture him.

36. London says:

Welcome sherv

You are like the voice of sanity in a sea of shite this morning.

37. Matt says:

Started a new blog, people?

38. charybdis1966 says:

Not new Matt, this blog has been around since February, but welcome.

Hi Matt and welcome,

Have a look back throught the archives. We’ve already had enough views to fill the Emirates 4 times – not that views alone are any barometer of achievement.

40. Matt says:

Cool – just picked it up from Newsnow, so will add you guys as a favourite.

41. Dudulino says:

I met Koscielny at the training ground yesterday, he has signed a contract but it will not be made public untill Wenger comes back from South Africa..

Koscielny will wear number 6..

42. London says:

Thanks Dudu

It makes complete sense that the signing will be announced once Wenger has returned.

43. dabai says:

Why the signing of new player are not done publically?

44. Dudulino says:

You are welcome London..

Koscielny is a similar type of a player to Vermaelen, same height, build and has a great leap.. Think he will do fell for us.. Nice lad..

45. TonyM says:

gooners need to stop reading the back pages of rags like the red-tops and the mail. they love having at pop at arsenal.
    i expect a double signing before barnet on the 17th, cesc will stay and wenger may even dip further into the market depending on bendtner’s injury.
    we’ll be alright, wenger will be back next week so we’ll start seeing some movement at the club.
    i also wonder why joe cole is delaying his decision to roughly around the same time wenger gets back, i think he is going to be a gooner

46. London says:

Dudu

I am looking forward to Koscielny play, do you expect there to be any other additions to the defence?

47. London says:

TonyM

Arshavin, fabregas, Nasri…….we have so many similar players in one way or another to Joe (nice but dim) Cole…….he has spud written all over him.

48. Dudulino says:

London,

i am expecting a German defender to be joining Arsenal..

also looking forward to seeing Chamakh play, watched him train yesterday and believe me that guy will come good for us..

49. goonermichael says:

I’ll be cheering Robin on tonight. Tomorrow I’ll cheer on ze Germans for the first time ever.

50. goonermichael says:

Where did you watch Chamakh train?

51. goonermichael says:

everyone’s gone to the moon

52. Jay-Jay says:

London is right; Joe Cole to Spurs looks almost painfully inevitable given his connections with Redknapp.

As for additions to the defence, well, there has to be. Koscienly, Vermaelen and Djourou just isn’t enough unless Wenger is counting on Song to make up the 4 we’d need.

53. Dudulino says:

Goonermichael,

watched him train at at the arsenal training ground.. together with almunia, arshavin, walcott, eduardo, djourou, koscielny, fabiansky..

54. goonermichael says:

Thanks Dudulino
    Almunia still here isn’t a good sign

55. Dudulino says:

Goonermichael expect to see Mark Schwarzer in the Arsenal colours very soon..

56. Wow, we’ve got ourselves an insider huh, welcome Dudulino, good thing London was around when you came on or he’d be furious to have missed you :roll:

goonermichael – are we going to hook up before the Barnet game? I’ll email you what chary, Rasp and I have planned if thats ok.

57. tommystout says:

biggest signing this season so far goes to arsenalarsenal…. dudulino welcome!

58. The Joe Cole thing is a bit of a mystery now – is ‘arry back cos if so and Joe wants to go be a spud then that could all be sorted.

I think he’s waiting for Arsene to come back which means he’ll join our merry band of small, clever mid-fielders and have a spot reserved in the sick bay too :oops: how cynical am I :oops:

59. Dudulino says:

hehehe thank you tommy and peaches ;-)

60. tommystout says:

which defender do you expect dudu – tasci???

61. tommystout says:

i dont think joe cole is for us Peaches – i agree with London – spud spud spud!

62. Dudulino says:

Mertesacker..

63. dandan says:

Posted a draft if its any use to you peaches

64. Hi dandan – thanks are you all feeling better today?

65. dandan says:

yes thanks, it sure is a bummer, if you will excuse the pun….. you must let us know when you have five minutes sometime, will make that call

66. Ok, possibly a bit later, before the footie? Now you have one in drafts we can do a live training session ;)

67. I was thinking about how I feel about the Germany v Spain game. Originally I wanted Spain to do well so that Cesc would come back a happy bunny and want to drive Arsenal to trophies too. But I’ve just read Rasps comment from earlier and realise that I want them to be dumped out now that they’ve unashamedly and systematically been de-arsenalising our captain :(

68. tommystout says:

yeah peaches well ive got spain in the draw at work, and i’m set to win the grand total of £30, better than a kick in the teeth yes but i’ll forfeit it happily to see those barca tappas go crashing out!

69. kiduku says:

i think wenger should sign jagielker or per met and one dm get back g. silva

70. [...] So, where is Koscielny? (via Arsenal Arsenal) The transfer policy is brilliant as it doesn’t get caught up in the inflated market prices for players who aren’t worth it! For a club like arsenal to be making profits and not have a trillionaire owner is spectacular. Yes it been 5 years but the Emirates is partly the reason why! Think about what u say and don’t get caught up in all the nonsense of the big blind spenders!! The media are having a great time thrashing the Arsenal this morning. Reports that Merida couldn't wait to get out the door and Nasri didn't want to come,  coupled with more taunts from the Spanish camp that Cesc has his Barcelona shirt ironed and ready to go have left me feeling more than a little despondant. So, where is Koscielny? The start of the season is almost a month away and we seem to have only two centre-backs to get going with. With n … Read More [...]

71. goonermichael says:

Hi Peaches
    I’d love to get together before Barnet. Email me please.I hope we do get Schwarzer.

72. irishgunner says:

Afternoon all.

Hope Robin has a stormer tonight and Barcelona….I mean Spain….get stuffed tomorrow night. Someone needs to give that Busquets a smack – Piqué too…….. :evil:

73. charybdis1966 says:

Afternoon Maire, I hate Pique the most although Busquets and Xavi have been blabbing about Cesc an obscene amount also, like I said earlier it wouldn’t surprise me if old Baconface is still muttering sweet nothings in Pique’s cauliflower ear “Go on, keep unsettling Cesc, we’ve no money here and the more we destabilise the competition the better.”
    The sweaty toe rag.

Tomorrow – Duetschlamd Duetschland uber alles.

74. irishgunner says:

Afternoon Chary.

I hate them all :evil: I used to actually quite like Barcelona but not anymore, bloody hell they are annoying. Trouble the lot of them. Spain are getting full of shit too – winning one European Championship doesn’t mean you can strut around the place thinking you are all that….

75. charybdis1966 says:

At least we can cheer on the boy wonder tonight,
    mind you I wouldn’t mind if he’s just on the subs bench for most of the game.

76. ArseChicago says:

Back on Joe Cole, if Spuds sign him, where does he play? In the middle next to Modric, rather than Palacios? On the right, in place of Lennon and/or Bentley? Seems like they’re the favorites and if they do sign him, that’s completely alright by me. Just not sure what their thought process is (like usual).

77. irishgunner says:

I reckon Spuds will try to offload Bentley. They’ll want to update their squad for their assault on Europe :lol:

78. tommystout says:

yes well go for it spuds, if bentley gets offloaded again will that not be a few more million for arsenal in add ons???

79. dandan says:

Latest I have seen, pool expect to lose Gerrard and want Cole, we shall see

80. irishgunner says:

I think we’ve got all we can for Bentley Tommy

ArseChicago,

I really am not bothered if we sign Cole or not at about 15 million in wages over 3 years.I think Spurs might take him and release Modric to United, or United might take him and offload Berbatov back to Spurs.Spurs love playing ping pong with their players.

The news is not good about Bendtner.it appears he has had a little holiday and still has groin strain but doesn’t know why.

If Schwarzer signs, which again doesn’t make me jump for joy who do we offload .If it’s Almunia we won’t get much.Most probably go to somewhere like Osasuna.

Despite the catalans I have to support Spain,my adopted home and in any case we are in the deep south, and they hate barca as much as anyone.

82. Wow kelsey you were the 19,000th comment :D

83. irishgunner says:

Off to watch the boy wonder – catch y’all tomorrow.

84. London says:

Does anyone know how the whole of the head line post above got copied and pasted onto Le Grove?

85. London says:

Have the Emirates cup tickets gone on sale yet? If I was in charge of selling them I would put them on sale the same day as a new signing was announced.

86. London says:

Van Persie played a good game tonight: excellent positioning and some great passing.

87. London says:

And they are the three things on my mind. I shall now say good night.

Hi London – I know you’ve gone now, but I had to check LG. You’re right, the whole of today’s post and the first two comments was reproduced on LG by a blogger called 78692?

Equally strange was the fact that no-one on there commented on it. We will get in touch with the folks at LG to see if they know what it was all about.

As you are aware, we don’t condone attacks on other sites. It always amuses me to see that ACLF include LG in their list of blogsites – good on them!

89. [...] So, where is Koscielny? The media are having a great time thrashing the Arsenal this morning. Reports that Merida couldn’t wait to get [...] [...]

Morning all, despite the score line, not an epic of a match, Mark van Bommel has to be the dirtiest player in the tournament, not exactly what one calls “Total football.” he is a latter day Peter Storey or Norman Hunter. RVP had a good game, some nice intricate passes and completely unselfish.That’s straight 10 win s for Holland, and a big thumbs up to the fabulous dutch supporters.

According to the BBC, Barca are in crisis financially and are trying to change the format of the company, of course the Spanish Government will bail them out.

Rasp i feel just as strongly as London about the copy and paste of our headline post on LG. We have an amicable relationship with them, and others, but personally I would point it out on their own blog rather than send G or P an e mail.Your decision, my friend.

91. dandan says:

My quote for today from the Daily Mail.

Things are so desperate that Rosell can barely afford the first-class fare to tap up Cesc Fabregas in the hope of forcing Arsenal to sell an unhappy player on the cheap.
    ‘The Cesc situation is public knowledge so I’ll try to talk to him when I go to South Africa,’ said Rosell. ‘Everyone knows he wants to come here and we want him back, but there are some things you cannot say until a deal is closed or you pay a premium. We will not pay £40m or £50m for Cesc.’

That should be no deal then. The arrogance of Barcelona is such, however, that, even without the money and a good £20m short of Arsenal’s asking price, the president is still angling to open negotiations with a contracted player.

And this from a club whose much-vaunted morality is used to beat up our Premier League on an almost weekly basis? This is the business model to which we should aspire? These are the people who presume to lecture on ethics?

Welcome to the Potless Millionaires Club Barcelona, now shut up.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/cricket/article-1292630/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Twenty20-cricket-passing-fad–like-Pixie-Geldof-Lib-Dems.html#ixzz0syajwxWZ

kelsey,

On investigation, it appears that our post appeared on LG due to some technical blip and was not anyone being mischievous, we had a comment of a similar nature on here yesterday.

93. charybdis1966 says:

If I could chip in on the C & P of this post on LG, as I read it, sometimes bloggers just C & P stories from other sources as a point of discussion, sometimes it raises a comment sometimes it does not depending on the bloggers on at the time and which particular player they are bashing, sorry “discussing.”
    As long as the source is accredited I dion’t see any mischevious doing there, although of course the owners of this blog can see it differently as is their right.

Hi chary,

I don’t see any problem with C & P as you say. ….. BTW, we are all ‘owners’ on here :P

95. London says:

Morning all

I don’t see anything mischevious about it at all…..it has technical blip written all over it.

And on a slightly more light hearted note the only person I envisage being annoyed is Peaches……because nobody commented after it was posted ;)

96. charybdis1966 says:

Hi Raspers, by “owners” I really mean the guys(and gal, i.e. Peachy) who put in the long hours running and administering the blog, the likes of me just fire off random musings at you occasionally(BTW I have 2 little snippets of ideas for posts if you need something, time permitting in my disorganised life.)

97. London says:

Morning Dandan

If that Martin Samuel article was written on a blog it would be laughed at for being ridiculous………the idea that the President of Barcelona FC can’t afford a first class flight to South Africa leaves me stunned. Words fail me; such a suggestion, even from such a respected jouranlist, would be laughed off of Le Grove for being too outrageous.

Thanks chary, anything from your seasoned quill will be gratefully received ;)

99. charybdis1966 says:

OK Raspers, I’ll let you know if/when it’s ready after family commitments and my general laziness are dealt with! :)

100. London says:

Morning Rasp

You mentioned above that you are surprised that ACLF has Le Grove’s name on their list of blogs. I remember when the friction first appeared and in responce Yogi wrote a very complementary piece on Le Grove with the emphasis being on just how much works goes into running these things. The reality was that some bloggers were annoyed what was written on Le Grove……but Yogi the author, to his credit, simply rose above it.

101. charybdis1966 says:

PS – it might wind up a few Spuds(although it’s not a rant per se) Raspers, but I think you guys are ok with that?

New post ….

Morning chaps, though I see no comment from you about the financial state of Barca.