French Farce – Will Arsenal Pay the Price?

Written  by dandan

So the World cup has for England, like France, ended in tears. A pathetic emasculated display against Germany has left the country bewildered and angry at the limp-wristed performance that undersold all that we love about the Premiership. No pace, no pressing, no organisation. Eleven misfits who didn’t appear to know their place or purpose and a back four that played in such a way that our local pub team would have fancied there chances against them.

All our grievances with them appear to be football based, unless and until the balloon goes up on their return. The only criticism of the manager appears to be that he liked to keep the team sheet to himself until 2 hrs before the match. It would seem he wishes to stay on for the Europeans. Will that happen? Who knows, but we will soon find out following a meeting with the FA.

Oh that France had so few problems! A mutiny within the squad culminating in our former ‘Le Sulk’ launching a half time foul mouthed tirade at the manager, questioning his character, tactics, capabilities and reason for being. Unsurprisingly, Anelka was dispatched post haste to the airport on the next flight home. The next day, after an on field team meeting, the captain voiced the team’s solidarity with the brooding absentee and refused to train. A statement followed expressing their loyalty to France and the fans. This was read paradoxically by the coach, even though he was their biggest complaint. Consequently, the patched up, out of sorts and demoralised team were taken apart and ditched out of the competition by the hometown boys of South Africa.

They have since summarily returned home economy class in disgrace. The whole debacle has resulted in questions being asked in the French parliament and several players have been summoned for questioning by the enquiry.

Caught up in the middle of this sorry tale are four Arsenal players, Sagna, Clichy, Diaby and the out of contract Gallas. How, I wonder, will they react to this debacle? Surely the most shameful episode ever in French football. What kind of mental state will these guys be in when they return for the new season?

The fact that Gallas, (whose mental state is questionable at the best of times) is probably leaving us is a bonus I think. But will the three young Frenchman so important to our success this year have the mental resolve to handle such catastrophic happenings and the likely backlash from their incensed countryman?

Will the press here constantly compare them to the errant John Terry who himself attempted to muster a mutiny at a Press Conference?

Will we as a club suffer from the loss of form in these young men as they try to come to terms with the enormity of the disappointment and the manner of their World Cup exit?

Will we once again pay the price for something beyond AW’s control that has occurred while his players are away on International duty? Not physical injury this time but mental perhaps.

134 Responses to French Farce – Will Arsenal Pay the Price?

1. charybdis1966 says:

Interesting angle there Dandan, for me I feel that our players were on the periphery of the storm, with Anelka, Gallas and Evra being the main protagonists, especially that Mank weevil Evra.
    Gallas, is no longer anything to do with us and Sagna/Diaby didn’t appear to be involved, with Clichy only playing in one game I would hope they would not be effected in any long term way.
    With any luck I hope Evra’s disastrous captaincy will eat away at his confidence so that the right flank of the Old Toilet mob is ripe for plundering come the start of the Premier League season.

2. SharkeySure says:

Great post DD.

I agree Chary, we should remain fairly unaffected.

Evra on the other hand has return to the Toilet and to a manager who will have been absolutely disgusted by the mutinous actions of one of his senior players.

Didn’t Gary Neville also play shop steward for england some time back..??

3. tommystout says:

enjoyable read dandan, i agree with chary that our boys would have had little to do with it.
    if one was to single out one of them that could be a victim of mental consequences then i would single out Diaby. I’m sure Arsene will be on top of any possible situation arising.

4. Gun says:

I feel the arsenal players in the french team won’t really be affected. Only Sagna and Diaby had more games. Clichy had few. I guess they will be prepared to give their best and win a call up from the new French coach.

I agree with chary and Sharkey that hopefully our little frogs won’t feel too damaged by what went on in South Africa. But what about our big grown up frog – M. Wenger – he must have something to say on the subject!!!

6. aj says:

I would think that the three players involved – Sagna, Diaby & Clichy – are fortunately not irreplaceable in the team. Gibbs will be back and Eboue has been as good as Sagna recently; we have so many midfield players that we won’t miss Diaby snoozing out on the pitch. So, if their form does suffer, I think we can cope, as long as we don’t get massacred with injuries.

Incidentally, we have been linked all summer with Van Der Wiel of the Netherlands but he looks like their worst player to me. His positional sense seems to be even worse than the England defence – well, maybe not quite! He is one to avoid, I think.

7. tommystout says:

Anyone thought about this Koskielny guy being a leftfooter like TV and the balance implications?

8. SharkeySure says:

Off topic:

England fans outside stadium on Sunday were singing ‘Are we Scotland in disguise’

9. forza forza says:

going by previous years no,diaby doesnt know what day it is,clichy hasn’t been the same since the brum game and sagna had one good season,i think they wil come back and be even more of a liability and the signing of kocielny certainly will not help.

10. Changing the subject a little – it was quite funny that an interview on Talksport that ‘arry gave yesterday morning about how ‘any English premiership manager would be thrilled to be offered the England managers job and would never turn it down’ was repeated at least 3 times an hour.

When I offered the suggestion that ‘arry might be snatched away from them to a spud friend – a top solicitor – he laughed and said theres no way the FA could offer the job to someone who is being investigated for fraud ;)

Poor ‘arry eh – he thinks he’s in with a chance :lol:

11. Morning forza – even the news that our young English players are being heralded as the future of England not made you feel a bit cheery this morning ;)

12. forza forza says:

nope,i don’t support england peaches just the gooners,club over country

13. tommystout says:

never thought of that about Rednapp, but its got to be right…. this talk of beckham as the manager is nuts!

14. forza forza says:

wouldn’t put it past the f.a,there a bunch of corrupt cunts aswell.

15. tommystout says:

think i’ll start being england nuts when JET, JW, Lansbury, Walcott & Gibbs are the core players!

16. Morning tommy – I think what they’re suggesting is that Beckham (or someone) could be a ‘Maradonna’ type manager – someone inspirational who would let the coaching staff do their jobs while providing the hands on touchy feely stuff to build the players up.

I believe Becks could have that sort of role in the future but not yet – not while some of his former colleagues are still in the team.

How about Ian Wright?

17. terry says:

JUS SELL DIABY AND GET GOURCUFF

18. tommystout says:

Ian Wright would tick those boxes for me peaches :-)
    anyway this england shite takes up too much of my time,
    Koscielny is gonna be anounced on Thursday and no one seems excited:-(
    Roll on the barnet game i wanna see if Nordvelt and Bartley are gonna figure, my guess is yes.

19. forza forza says:

Koscielny is gonna be anounced on Thursday and no one seems excited:-(

does that really surprise you

20. tommystout says:

no it doesnt surprise me forza but its still worth talking about.
    nobody had heard of chamach before our interest last summer..
    i think he could be backup for TV being a leftfooter and arsene is after somebody else for the rightside or maybe djourou is stepping up to partner him.

21. jaygooner says:

peaches On the touchy feely point perhaps Mister Posh, aka Victoria, would be a good choice as manager? It would give John Terry an alibi to get “up close and personal” Cashley would be in his element and Wayne Bridge might resurect his England career HAHA

22. charybdis1966 says:

Peachy, of course Twitchy can give it the patriotic big ‘un by saying “I’d love to manage England” because he knows full well the FA can’t employ a suspected tax fraud. They’ve had their fingers burnt by another ex-spud fraudster in El Tel.
    This way he can look good to the slavering red-top hacks and when he doesn’t get the job he can say how faithful he is to the Spuds.
    His transparent duplicity ‘aint fooling me and shouldn’t fool anyone.

23. Ziggy says:

Diaby could be a very good player but needs to be shaken up so perhaps this French “shock” may help him to wake up and concentrate on his Arsenal play. It may be my wishful thinking, just trying to see the bright side. Wouldn’t worry about Sagna or Clichy though, they’re pretty solid.

24. jaygooner says:

The story I heard is that the Arsenal players didnt want anything to do with the strike – Clichy was distraught – but player power prevailed and they went along with it. The fall out will not affect them in the slightest though, Domenech was a nutter and most French media blame him, not the players, on their disatrous World Cup.

25. SharkeySure says:

No offence Forza…..but part of why I come to this site, is cos I very rarely find anything offensive on it.

Your needless use of the c- word has offended me, it won’t spoil my whole day though…

Ask yourself this – could you have made the same point without using it..??

Hi Sharkey,

Thanks for your last comment. I agree, I had hoped that Forza would realise in time that his comments will carry more weight without the use of unnecessary expletives.

27. London says:

Hear, hear Sharkey.

28. charybdis1966 says:

Oops, I have to admit to using the “c” word when having one of my anti-mank rants.
    I consider myself duly chastised unless it’s ok to use this when describing manks/chavs/spuds?

29. SharkeySure says:

England won’t get anywhere until they only use players who are prepard to set aside their own ego’s for the good of the team.

Six years since the question was first asked about Gerrard and Lampard in the same team, the question is still being asked. I guess those who ask really don;t want to know the answer.

Italina national team had three overlapping greats in Baggio, Del Piero and Totti. You very rarely saw two of them shoe-horned into the same team, unless the Italians were chasing a game late on.

Contrast this with England, where Shilton and Clemence alternated in goal game by game. If it were now in this celebrity led football word of ours, one of them two would be playing right back, cos they’d be too big a name to leave out.

I’m very disappinted that Capello has followed that route, and become a sucker for ‘established names’ when picking a side/squad and when making substitutions.

Forza,

You are very welcome on here.

No-one is going to try to drive you off or insult you, please just try and adopt the friendly respectful approach to blogging that we nurture on this site.

31. SharkeySure says:

Chary…perhaps its nore about context, and if the C-word is one of only 5 or 6 then maybe it just seems worse..??

Bottom line is that I wassn’t really offended, more disappointed (drama !!), cos at that single moment I thought I was on one of many other sites, where playing the blog tough nut seems to de rigeur… !!

Chary,

Some people can use swear words in speech brilliantly and seemingly without causing offence yet with others it just makes you cringe.

I heard someone at the Emirates describing the injury to Ramsey thus…

“the f**king f**kers f**ked” :lol:

33. jaygooner says:

Rasp
    Shawcross done Ramsey away at Stoke but I am being pedantic lol. Is barcacuntulunya allowed?

It wasn’t at the time, they were just discussing the incident later on at the Emirates

35. London says:

The most interesting thing I have read this morning is from Tommystout above…..I didn’t realise that Koscielny was a left footer. I know that many people argue that if you can have two right footed CBs why can’t you have two left footed CB’s the answer is, of course, there is no real reason why not but it is interesting to note that it is rarely done and what’s more I do not expect it to happen this season at Arsenal.

I have felt for ages that there was something fishy with this signing and now I realise — Koscielny is not going to be expected to be the answer to our defensive woes — he is just going to be Silvestre’s replacement (left footed) so back up for Vermaelen.

This leaves us with Djourou the only right footed CB which, although, I have more faith than most in him I don’t believe that Wenger will want to rest our whole season on his shoulders. So I have come to the conclusion that if Gallas goes we will still sign another right footed CB that is in addition to Koscielny.

36. jaygooner says:

rasp
    thanks for clearing that up and am really pleased that barcacuntulunya is acceptable because to be fair barcacuntulunya have been cuntulunyans all summer lol

37. SharkeySure says:

Thats funny though isn’t it….

The casual use of swear words as ‘everyday language’. It really does reach a point for some that they really don’t even know that they are doing it, or how stupid it sounds…as per Rasps brilliant example of non eloquence above shows!!

My take is that if I call people c***s simply for not buying a player I like, or for not giving a penalty, then what do I then call someone who attacks my family, or a pair of warmongering c***s like Bush and Blair – who’ve killed thousands…!!!

But hey, don’t get me started….

So for me its acase of use sparinly

Hi London

I get your drift, but don’t a lot of top teams have 2 right footed CB’s? Do you think that 2 right footers are preferable to 2 left footers?

Rather than buy another first choice right footed CB, don’t you think ot is more likely that he is pinning his hopes on Sol giving us another year?

39. charybdis1966 says:

Raspers – it was kind of my trade mark sign off – a long anti-fergie/mank rant ended by a “C***s, the lot of them”
    Still, I’m quite amenable to toning it down – especially if ladies are represent.

:lol: jay,

It’s funny how horrible people all come from such aptly named regions – I hear there is a concentration of spud fans in Scunthorpe :P

Don’t give it a second thought chary – their is a world of difference betweeen ‘creative’ and ‘gratuitous’.

42. London says:

Rasp

You are probably right, as you have said before, Djourou/Sol with Song as back up.

43. charybdis1966 says:

Anyhoo – talking of c***s, anyone hear the fat bloke from the Daily (Hate) Mail on Skysports this morning calling for Allardyce to be the next England manager?
    I’m sure the Kaiser will be feeling fully vindicated for his “kick & rush” comments were that to happen.

44. forza forza says:

ok im sorry i will respec your wishes,onto kocielny,we are paying alot of money for someoe that’s not going to be first choice,what the hell is the point of wasting money like that.

Welcome back ff ;)

I am of the firm belief that Arsène is intending to make Koscielny TV’s main CB partner.

46. London says:

Forza

I bet you were moaning last year about Silvestre and the need to strengthen the defence. Well, now it it happening — enjoy it — and don’t question the quality of Koscielny because you, like me, do not have the faintest idea how good his.

47. dandan says:

Morning all.
    It might suprise you to know that my kids have never heard me swear, so much so, that when I was so angry with England and was shouting at the TV last week,one of my sons went home and told his wife, I thought Dad was going to use the F word.
    Funny old world we live in, That is not to say that I never swore at work or on the terraces because I did, Just never at home or in front of women or my family.
    Comes of being old, it was the way my mum put my hat on caused it .LOL

Hi dandan,

Excellent post, I bet you didn’t expect it to spark a debate on ‘agricultural English’ :lol:

49. Biggy says:

The boys were completely embarrasing. The back four were crap. Rooney was crap as usual and every single one appeared not to know their positions. Completely unbelievable!

The excuse being advanced by the likes of Alan Shearer is that the team did not want to play for Fabio – What utter nonsense! At the world cup, you are playing for your pride and for the pride of your country. If this in Shearer’s books is not enough to motivate a player I dont know what is.

From the begining to the end, they looked out of their depth. Three paces short, clueless and without direction.

The players have a lot to answer for, both to he fans and the hopes of national achievement.

50. tommystout says:

thanks for the acknowledgement London, i just thought it seemed a little odd, but as Forza said it is a lot of money to pay for a back up.
    I think that that will be the plan initially though. I think Djorou will be promoted to Gallas spot Koskielny to Djorous spot, Sol will stay and their will be promotion for Nordvelt.
    Now having said that a lefty should play with a righty, that is the norm, but when there are injuries it is acceptable for a lefty to play with a lefty and viceversa.

London,

I’m with you. We have to trust that a player who AW has pursued in such a determined fashion is going to be an ‘Arsenal-type’ player. I can’t think of any occassion when we have signed a player for as much as £8m with the intention of having him as back-up.

52. dandan says:

It was funny Rasp, I hadn’t any intention of writing a post until I got Peaches email so scratched around for an idea, thank whoever edited it because it was chucked together in some haste LOL

53. London says:

That’s intersting Rasp.

What is your bet on the defensive line up for Liverpool away?

My bet is:

———-Almunia
    Sagna,Djourou,Vermaelen,Clichy

Hi Biggy,

I put it down to three things: staying at altitude, players not being fit and fear of failure/lack of belief.

I guess a lot rests on how well Koscielny performs in pre-season and the Emirates cup. I am hoping to see him play at Barnet – are you going?

56. tommystout says:

London
    You dont think Scwartzer is on his way then?

57. London says:

Yes, I think I am starting to see what everyone else is saying……8 mil for back up seems a bit high.

58. London says:

Rasp

I don’t think I will be in the country for the Barnet game.

59. 26may1989 says:

Personally, I’m a fan of swear words. It’s the asterisks that do my head in.

The last thing the FA should do is sack Capello – he isn’t without blame, and maybe he should be ditched, but changing manager is hardly going to deal with the problem, especially if the FA haven’t already got a suitable replacement sorted (which I doubt they will, especially now that Woy Hodgson is off to Anfield).

As Capello implied with his references to Gibbs and Wilshere, the real answer is to ditch the “Golden Generation” non-achievers (Gerrard, Terry, Cashley, Ferdinand, Lampard etc) and get a new generation going. He was very poor in SA but I’d be happy for Rooney to stay as part of the set-up, because he is young and has real talent (having dragged a relatively mediocre United squad to the brink of the title).

But what would be the point in continuing to base the squad on the other big names? They’re too old, technically too limited and too inconsistent (though I accept Cashley might be an exception). The only reason not to start from scratch would be to play the safe game in terms of Euro qualifiers. But in my view that would mean just glossing over the existing problems. Much better to build a squad around Rooney, Agbonlahor, Rodwell, Young, Johnson, Gibbs, Hart, Wilshere, Downing, Milner, Cahill, Sturridge, Lennon, Walcott etc.

The trouble is risking failure in Euro qualification is, in our hysterical tabloid world, too much of a risk for the numpties at the FA to take on.

60. London says:

Tommy

I am not convinced that Wenger intends to buy a new keeper.

26may,

I take your point, ideally we will not need to use swear words or asterisks to get our points over. In the same way, I am not in favour of labelling people ‘doomers’ or ‘AKBs’ as there is an implied insult.

62. SharkeySure says:

“It’s the asterisks that do my head in.” – Lol

Re Kos’s left peg….to quote Stu and A from ‘that other site…you can name a few right footed LBs, but very few left footed right backs. Apparen;tlyits cos lefties are generally completely left sided, much more so than any right footer.

Seriously though, does anyone know for sure that he’s even left footed..??

63. SharkeySure says:

Agreed 26 May.

The FA have to think long term and tell the press to piss off whilst the rebuilding takes place.

Unfortunately the FA need the press onside to keep the ‘good image’ up that generates sponsorship and marketing opps.

The FA are broke and therefore beholden to the media…or so it seems to me.

Don’t take this as read Sharkey, but I believe that both TV and Kos are pretty good with both feet although primarily lefties.

65. London says:

Good call Sharkey

I have just looked on youtube and being left footed myself I know a left footer when I see one and Koscielny is no left footer.

66. London says:

No left footer would make this tackle with his right foot……..never

67. SharkeySure says:

Cheers London, I’m at work so I can’t see the video.

I believe the confusion started because there’s a video in which he scores a goal or two with his ‘weaker foot’, shall we now say.

I love the internet rumour mill, and its ability to turn careless speculation into ‘cold hard facts’ ;-)

68. London says:

Sharkey

Coming back to that very interesting debate the other day with “A” and Stu much of which I agreed with but the conclusion I came to was the better a left footed player is with his right foot the further up the field he plays……..Messi is not bad with his right, although Raul is even better to the point where people really don’t know which foot is his better one. And then, of course, the best example was Maradonna and the only reason anyone knows he is left footed comes from debates like this. As for left backs cashley used to be good but certainly not good enough to play midfield so I come to the reason for say that the better the left footed player is with his right foot, the further up the pitch he plays.

69. SharkeySure says:

Agreed London…I had similar thoughts when writing my post..but didn’t quite get them properly lined up.

Reyes also springs to mind.

A and stu are right though…the numbers really do stack up to support their arguments.

Another slightly more far fetched possibilty for the defence could be that we buy a big, top quality right footed CB and move TV into the HM role.

OK, I will open up a can of worms. Would you agree that on the world football map, France more than any other nation has plummeted from the dizzy heights of 1998 to becoming a joke,disorganised team,with a crackpot of a manager.Compared to England who have never lived up to recent expectations mainly by the media, France are in disarray.

So why do we continue to seek to buy french players, apart from the obvious that our manager is french.Is it an obsession ?

(I will hide now) :)

72. tommystout says:

I’m hiding too Kelsey, it seems like i have egg on my face about Kosnielky and his non left footedness…
    sorry guys
    i was sure i’d read it as fact.

This is not particularly good news – Raddy would be disappointed ….

“Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini has confirmed Tottenham have made a 35million euro bid for star duo Simon Kjaer and Edinson Cavani.”

74. London says:

Rasp

That is not a far fetched idea that is a EPL winning idea.

Yes London, the more I think about it, the more I like it! – but I still think it’s unlikely

76. SharkeySure says:

London, I love your ‘work’ here normally….but what are you on…??

That BBC gossip column is prob as old as me !!

For years, its been pretty much my first stop every morning once I get to work, or on telextext at the weekends.

Its only gossip though, so it never really impacts my day for even 5 mins longer than it takes me to read thru it.

77. London says:

Hi Tommy

You had us going this morning ;)

78. SharkeySure says:

Stay hidden with that one Kelsey !!

Good players are good players regardless of nationality surely.

I’d guess that culturally the shift from France to the UK both on and off the pitch is minimal, not to mention proximity. Contrast that with the style of football and climate from further afield.

I often wonder why the Nordics and Skandi’s don’t feature more for top teams. Those big strong boys seem tailor made for the kick, rush and fight of Prem football.

79. London says:

Note to self.

Don’t stray off Arsenal, you will be exposed as someone who doesn’t know and cares even less about other clubs.

80. SharkeySure says:

You were far from alone with that one Tommy…..

London, can you get some evidence of Song sprinting as well please..?? His lack of pace is the other myth that needs to be debunked.

Is Song left footed as well as slow…?? ;-)

OK, how many french players would we rush to buy at the moment, knowing that the boss doesn’t generally pay over 15 million say.

We need some no nonsense defenders and if none are available in England, i would look to the Baltics or slightly further a field.

82. charybdis1966 says:

The last defender from the Baltic we had that I can recall is Stepanovs – and we know how well that one worked out ! However I agree Kelsey, that some Eastern Europeans in defence and defensive midfield positions would be sturdier than the balsa wood lightweights we have currently.
    The positions we need reinforcement in are for the less skilled type of player, basically “stopper” type players, yet we are struggling to find decent/above average quality additions in that area when you’d think they would be relatively easy to recruit.
    Having said that we still have a long way to go in the transfer window so there is no need tofor the wailing and gnashing of teeth – that can wait till 1st of September.

83. SharkeySure says:

Me to a friend by email…

“Apparently the England team arrived back and made history as the first white men to land at Heathrow to be told to f**k off back to Africa !!!”

Friend back to me:
    “Yeah would like to see them try getting a highly skilled visa to get back in the country.”

84. SharkeySure says:

Another one:

Missus came home early and nearly caught me on the England football team website.

Luckily I heard her coming up the stairs and quickly managed to switch to a porn site and get my cock out to save any embarrassment !!

Sharkey,

Did you hear that Oxo have produced a commemorative white cube with a red cross on it – they’re calling it the ‘laughing stock’

chary,

my arguement is based that we don’t have one french player in the squad who is regularly consistent.That assumption is based on a team with aspirations of hopefully winning some silverware.
    Sagna has not had a good season, Clichy had his moments of up and down, Diaby well is Diaby, and Nasri reserves his best games at home. The irony is that purely as a player on the pitch,Gallas was the most consistent.

This is not meant to be over critical it’s just an observation,based on my initial comment.

87. charybdis1966 says:

Essentially I can’t disagree with that Kelsey, perhaps France is no longer the hunting ground for real talent it once was.

By the way, Dunga has changerd the way brazil play quite dramatically, and wasn’t it nice to see yet another assured performance from Gilberto last night.oh why,didn’t we keep him for a couple of seasons.I think Holland may have to up their game considerably to beat therm, and RVP needs to watch the petulence creeping back into his game.

89. SharkeySure says:

Kelsey I should be able to laugh at a comment like that…but it does ring a little bit true.

Even though technically its almost completely nonsensical in its ‘logic’….

For whatever reason I’m now thinking of Domenech and his use of astrology. Similarly illogical..??

This has really got me perplexed now.

which comment was that, sharkey. i am shite at expressing myself with the written word..

91. ArseChicago says:

Based on the rather cool, expressionless demeanor I’m used to seeing from Sagna, Clichy and Diaby, I can’t believe they had much of a role in this French nonsense. If anything, they’ll be happy, or, gulp, inspired to return to club football. That being said, if Diaby’s a regular in the starting 11 this season, I don’t like our chances.

92. charybdis1966 says:

I assume everyone will be cheering for the pork ‘n cheesers tonight? That way Cesc can get out of the poisonous atmosphere of the Spanish squad asap.

93. irishgunner says:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

94. charybdis1966 says:

To avoid getting “roasted” by the Chelsea squad ?

95. irishgunner says:

LOL good answer Chary, but the real answer is:

“He didn’t according to FIFA”

96. charybdis1966 says:

Ah, I got you, Maire. On any footie topic it’s not over till Sepp bladder sings is it ?

97. irishgunner says:

We like to call him Septic Bladder in good old Éire.

Did you hear that the FA are taking the three lions off the front of the England jersey? They will be replaced with three tampons to reflect England’s worst period in ages.

98. charybdis1966 says:

Ouch :)

99. irishgunner says:

:lol:

You watching Paraguay vs Japan, Chary? What an awful, awful game.

100. irishgunner says:

Kelsey I think mentioned Brazil earlier on and their change of tactics under Dunga. I did a brief article on it earlier – allow me to whore it:

irish, you are a bit near the mark today.How’s the tattoo. :)

yes it is an awful game.

oh rasp that oxo joke is older than me :)

102. irishgunner says:

The tattoo is still in process Kelsey – won’t be getting it for a few weeks yet.

The game is still going = yawnfest. Just go to pennos already.

103. SharkeySure says:

Meetings Kels !!

It was your comment re our French players.

Honda is misfiring today.

105. irishgunner says:

Penalties WOOHOOO

106. irishgunner says:

Honda had the handbrake on :?

I still rate him, irish.he is a good attacking midfielder, has a good shot, has CL experience and now Japan are out would only cost a few yen.Think of the merchandising possibilities.

I know we had a Jap before, but if Pak of S.Korea can do it for United I would take a punt on him.

108. irishgunner says:

He plays for CSKA Moscow though and they aren’t short of money.

Ah, I remember Inamoto – then he went to Fulham, then he went…. can’t remember. He got a run out the other day.

Actually irish, not often I get to blog with you, as just when you are getting up, I am preparing to go to bed :)

110. irishgunner says:

I’m at work now Kelsey – exsqueeze me LOL

Either that or you go to bed very early ha ha many siestas? :D

111. irishgunner says:

What I meant was – I’m at work, now. Not that I’m actually at work NOW LOL

I’m up at 8 every morning I’ll have you know :D

is this from the bleacher report by any chance.

If you can read the following paragraph, forward it on to your friends and the person that sent it to you with ‘yes’ in the subject line.

Only great minds can read this

This is weird, but interesting!

If you can raed this, you have a sgtrane mnid too

Can you raed this? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno’t mtaetr in what oerdr the ltteres in a word are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is that the frsit and last ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can still raed it whotuit a pboerlm. This is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the word as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! If you can raed this forwrad it

113. irishgunner says:

That’s an old psychology thing – as long as the first and last letters are in the right place you can make out the word.

Oh, I give up then clever clogs, good night :)

115. irishgunner says:

Night Kelsey ;)

I’m going out for the walk before the next game. Irish goes back to nature :lol:

116. irishgunner says:

That last line sounded weird ha ha

117. andy says:

Is it just me or is it possible that Diaby even know he was at the world cup ? He probably just thought it was pre-season and the other Arsenal players were hiding from him. Its ok though with his lightning quick reactions, concentration levels and a lot of help he should have figured it out by now.

118. London says:

Diaby Diaby Diaby

No longer can Wenger leave him on the bench bringing him on only if and when we are three nil up; his age and experience dictate that he has to have a starting berth, meaning that he will play a pivotal role in our fourth coming season…….has his World Cup ended? Do you think he has realised that Arsenal’s season has ended yet?

119. andy says:

I sometimes wonder if he actually realises that he’s getting paid to play or whether he thinks he’s just playing for pub side that seems to take it all a bit too serious.

120. andy says:

I’m sorry, I must try harder to have faith in Mr Diaby but it is difficult. Comments like “the ball runs away from Diaby” and “Diaby runs into trouble and loses possession” during the world cup did sound oh-so familiar. This must be his season to step-up and be the player Arsene seems to think he is or surely it’l be his last at the club.

121. SharkeySure says:

Dan Dan from earlier…
    “I was so angry with England and was shouting at the TV last week,one of my sons went home and told his wife, I thought Dad was going to use the F word.”

I love that comment…been chuckling about it most of the day !!

122. SharkeySure says:

London … just watched your vid. Thats pretty conclusive considering its only 19 sec long!!

You’d be hard pushed to find any better evidence as succinct as that !!!

Funniest thing is that I really don’t like that he has made a tackle like that !!!

123. London says:

Morning all

There is, in fact, plenty of evidence showing that Koscielny is right footed. Looking back over my comments yesterday I realised that I bought into the idea that Wenger would not spend 8 mil on back up……I have thought about that and realise that it is wrong. Why? Because it takes for granted the value of Djourou…..with his pace and a good world cup he could easily pass 8 mil. So I revert to my original idea that Djourou will be the first choice along side Vermaelen with Koscielny ready to step in if Djourou does not perform……I think the term is……competition for places……no bad thing.

Morning London,

I take it you are aware that Djourou wasn’t in the Swiss world cup squad.

The weird thing is that we probably know as little about JD’s capabilities as we do Koscielny.

126. London says:

Morning Rasp

I think we know more about Djourou than we do about Koscielny which could, in itself, make a mockery of my assumption for the simple reason that when we see Koscielny play it could be instantly apparent that he is far superior to Djourou. But the main point of my comment is that I don’t believe that a price of 8 mil will give him an automatic starting place, if fact I would go as far as saying that the cost is irrelevant.
    As for Djourou in the World Cup, it was hypothetical suggestion which I thought was obvious but perhaps not.

127. London says:

Taking this a step further I think it is the suggestion that “Wenger wouldn’t pay 8 mil for back up” that is wrong. The defence like that attack will no longer be set in stone. I expect Arshavin, Van Persie, Chamakh, Vela and Bendtner to be interchangeable I also expect Vermaelen, Djourou and Koscielny to be interchangeable with the obvious emphasis on the Belgian.

I take your point London. One thing we know about Djourou is that he is injury prone, as far as I can tell, Koscielny has no such history.

129. London says:

To me the idea of criticising or thinking less of a player because he has had injuries makes little sense. If that were the yard stick then Van Persie should never be in the team again. Koscielny could damage his cruciate knee ligaments in the pre season just as easily as Djourou.

130. London says:

If I had thought about that a bit harder I could have turned my last four comments into a head line post…Doh

He was injury prone before he did his cruciate ligaments. I wasn’t criticising him, but it’s a fact that cannot be ignored. If you are short of cover in a particular position, the last thing you want is for one of the players to be unable to play a string of games.

We’ve seen from Eduardo and others that when a player comes back from a long term injury, they are likely to pick up other unconnected niggles as they try to get back into regular playing.

I think you’ll get plenty of opportunity to expand your points on today’s post London ;)

Come and talk about this on the NEW POST