“I’d just love it if we beat them”

Alex Ferguson – Lord of the Sith or Rab. C Nesbitt?

We all know “Sir” Alex is supposedly the master of mind games and at the level of a Jedi master if you were to believe the entirety of the Man IOU worshipping media and pretty much all of TV sports channels.

The most obvious example often quoted to back this assertion being when Kevin Keegan famously lost his cool and let rip with the “I’d just love it…” tirade, which terminally branded him as a “bottler” in the 1995-96 season.

Take a more recent example of how ole 65% proof nose used his dazzling psychological dexterity to become a winner on Sunday against the Dippers. It was another “Old Traffordish” decision given to the Salford reprobates that resulted in an undeserving penalty duly converted by everyone’s favourite Dreamworks character, via the rebound, to gain his team three valuable points.

The referee was Howard Webb, another referee that Govan’s finest has previously criticised publicly and none too subtly. Take your minds back to the season before last when we met Glazers Gimps at our place when we twice came from behind to salvage a draw while allegedly benefiting from being favoured by Howard the Coward. Not only did the whiskey infested sour puss moan about the refereeing but he deemed the atmosphere at our place hostile – a few quips of “siddown Taggart!” enough to offend Fergie’s tender and fragile persona.  Incidentally you may compare Fergie’s whinge about nothing to the treatment handed out to our manager during the league visit to Old Toilet this season; sent to the stands for the heinous crime of kicking an empty water bottle so he could spend time amongst the slavering hordes of mono brain-celled mank glory-hunting numb nuts.

So, having publicly undermined Howard Webb our Whiskey enthusiast, who in common with all managers assesses the referees in his post-match report, let his displeasure be known in that public way.

OK, if a few FA disrepute charges come his way it’s a fair price for the later benefits (benefits such as the soft penalty for Valencia’s act of simulation that had more ham than Dewhursts) that arise from pressurising referees pre match. Of course every referee will say he is not effected by anything managers say, yet subconsciously Webb, and the likes of Riley before him, the need to get Sir Alex of Govan’s approval hangs heavily on them.

Earlier this season the FA finally attempted to reign in Fergie’s one man crusade against the “Respect” campaign when he said referee Alan Wiley “just wasn’t fit enough” to officiate the Salford Red Sox’s game against Sunderland.

It is significant that part of the judgement made by the FA committee on the disrepute charge subsequently brought contained this proviso “ Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievements and stature within the game.”

This implies that some degree of leniency was applied because of who the person being judged was – a clear and blatant example of footballing authorities falling over themselves to appease the mad old Scotsman’s rantings; what on earth has his achievements in the game got to do with what the appropriate punishment should be for bringing the game into disrepute? Furthermore, it suggests that managers who have not won trophies will get harsher judgements – what next, a sliding scale of penalties for managers based on how many trophies they have won?

by guest writer charybdis 1966

154 Responses to “I’d just love it if we beat them”

1. charybdis1966 says:

Hi – so my post is split into 2 Raspers – I suppose it was too much to stomach in one hit! :)

2. Rasputin says:

Morning chary, hope you don’t mind, there is a whole second article left! – it’s still a rant of epic proportions …. I found myself getting out of breath just reading it :lol:

3. charybdis1966 says:

Nah, it’s your call Raspers as you know better than me what works best on a blog. I just start writing and stop when my rant finishes. Good pics of ole 65% proof noses having his touchline tantrums. I wonder if we’ll get any glory hunters here moaning about it.

Great read chary – ‘Salford Red Sox’ I love it :)

What a victory for fair-play it will be when we win the title – SAF will be choking :D

5. Rasputin says:

…. I really hope we do chary :evil:

6. This is rather good too

‘slavering hordes of mono brain-celled mank glory-hunting numb nuts’.

7. Nemesis says:

Nice post

Fergie is a moron.

Webb is even a bigger one. I don’t know why he is rated as the best ref in England tbh

Vote for your favorite Saturday Lineup here

Cheers!

8. adam says:

Everything looks the same through the bottom of a whiskey glass.

9. charybdis1966 says:

Yes Nemesis – I think that we have been duped into thinking Fergie is a master of psychological warfare. The sycophancy of the press and media helps to perpetuate this myth.

10. charybdis1966 says:

There something about the manks that makes me think those sorts of things Peachy !

11. Livers says:

Charybdis, nice rant.. all you needed was to add a couple of “facts” and you’d be Rafa ;-)

Morning all

12. dandan says:

Hells bells Chary, you’ve covered his good points what don’t you like about him.

Excellent rant with an accurate core message, old red nose is a hard man to like. Although the modern definition of professional as given by Mike Atherton this week (see below) is to push every situation and rule to the limit and past it if you can get away with it. Judged by that criteria it is hard to fault Ferguson for his actions.

13. liver can you email me the name and number by half ten then can take the silver

14. charybdis1966 says:

Dandan – I feel that a true great in any sport doesn’t need to play to the limits of the rules; it’s why no matter how many trophies he’s won I won’t consider him a great in the mould of say, Don Bradman or Stanley Matthews – gentlemen of sport whose appeal and reputation go beyond the back pages of papers.
    Livers – I was thinknig of mentioning in my post how Rafa was doing what Fergie does but without the petty minded stupidity of Fergie. I’m kinda warming to Rafa – his use of a dry sense of humour is better than Fergies petulance.

15. morning all
    defo the latter

16. Mayank says:

Of course it Chary’s post, no need to write that. No other writer in blog-land can direct so much vitriol towards the red-nosed one. Respect.

17. dandan says:

Sorry folks that was the wrong Atherton Article. Correct one below.

18. charybdis1966 says:

I thought I toned down the hatred in that Mayank. :)

As Dandan said, this is only one aspect of Fergie I dislike – his unlikeable characteristics are multi-faceted.

19. xyth says:

You, and Mr Wenger certainly, are not complaining whhen your players like Eduardo for example are throwing themselves to the ground and winning penalties without being touched at all.

At least you cannot complain against United as we beat you fair and squre 4 times in a row.

20. charybdis1966 says:

Ah, we have our first glory hunter on here Mr Xytfff, interesting and irrelevant point you raise although I confess I can’t see where in my article I defend the Eduardo incident – you must have seen it somewhere so special only you can see, perhaps the same place where Fergie finds all those extra minutes of injury time if your uncouth mob are not winning by around the 90 minute mark.
    Fair and square – so the sliding hack and lunge on Arshavin in your penalty area during the Old Toilet match was a dive? As I say, another Old Traffordish decision. What’s it like to play games with your 12th man officiating your games?

21. anyone got a rocky flag for redaction on wed nite?

22. Piterman says:

The sour scent of envy, is flowing strongly in here….

23. dandan says:

Chary…Don Bradman was by all accounts not above pushing the limits, but the mist of time do tend to cover our past heroes in a rosy glow

That said I find much of Fergies juvenile behaviour objectionable and petty. aka his banning of anyone who ever said anything he does not like from Old Traff. and the Beckham boot fiasco.

He reverts to type under pressure, …. An arrogant bully, no suprise there then, he was a shop steward at the govan shipyard, prior to his football days.

That said his record cannot be called anything but outstanding,

24. charybdis1966 says:

If you don’t like the scent why not go to one of your old Toilet fansite blogs then Pitta bread man? Of course I really wish we had a sourpussed, cheating, whiskey-soaked govan slum bdog as our manager.
    Oh yes indeed, who wouldn’t be envious of that?

25. Piterman says:

Dandan, nobody likes geniuses though do they? Wenger is a great manager and is disliked by a lot of people in England. Just goes with the territory.

26. Jocke Westman says:

A litle bitter, eh?

27. charybdis1966 says:

Of course, I’m a “litle”, whatever that means Jocko.

28. I wonder whether the referees in Arsenal’s matches are also subconciously affected by Fergie’s mind games.

Two years ago we lost the league by 4 points to Man IOU. Everyone said we just didn’t have the bottle, but most forget that we had an horendous run of matches towards the end of the season where we lost points due to incredibly bad refereeing decisions.

We’ve also suffered some very bad refereeing decisions recently this season. Failing to get three clear-cut penalties against Bolton and some very dodgy pentalties conceded against West Ham and Hull come immediately to mind, but I’m concious that there were others. So far we’ve coped by being better than the opposition despite this, but I’m concerned about how long this can last last. We’re effectively going into matches with the opposition being given a head start at the moment.

I think Graham Poll’s comments on the non-sending off of Vidic in the League Cup final (http://bit.ly/cuhBzv) prove that referees are affected by outside factors that should have no bearing on their decisions.

29. Mayank says:

How can you suggest going over to a Manc blog Chary? Even the bast one is no match for even mediocre Arsenal blogs.

I’d never seen a grown up behave like a 5yr old whose lost his sweets before i saw SAF managing Utd from the sidelines.

30. Davi says:

Nicely done.
    Talking about ferguson and the way things go in Utds favour really annoys me. They wouldnt even be in this title race if they’d been ref’d properly in the early stages of the season. Same goes for the last 3 or 4 years imo.

Also, the way arsenal are characterised as whingers is absolutely insane, particularly coming from Utd fans. After the game where Utd got beat by chelsea, conceding a goal scored from a mildly questionable freekick (although certainly not outrageous), they launched a campaign with many players and staff repeating the line: “we’re losing faith in referees”. That’s bloody organised whinging! And this in a match where evans broke drogbas rib in probably the worst “off-the-ball (sort of) incident” I’ve seen this year.
    And then after the gerrard incident recently, ferguson had the gall to complain that stevie wasnt punished for his assault (which of course he should have been) when ferdinand was.
    He’s so sure that no one will call him on his bullshit, he can just say whatever he wants.
    Thats the difference. When you make “whinging” or hypocritical comments as player or staff member at Utd, they just report your statements. When it comes from someone associated with arsenal, they question it, and go further to draw erronious and extremely harsh conclusions.

The last 2 paragraphs are very interesting btw. I hadn’t heard about that. Things have really gone insane since david dein left the FA.

31. Mayank says:

Great points Mark.

32. Piterman says:

Arsenal were 5 points clear, went to Birmingham, had 2 games in a row at home to Boro and Villa. Forget what happened to Eduardo, 3 pts out of 9 in those fixtures are why you lost the title, I cant remember any outrage after those games.

Blame yourselves for not rising to the challenge in 2008, not injuries or bad refs.

33. Piterman says:

Davi, you’re right things have gone insane since Dein left the FA.

Arsenal haven’t won anything. Coincidence?

Obviously being sarcastic but to claim there is corruption or anyone being overly favoured by referees is just churlish. You had things clearly in your own hands but slipped a little bit and you just don’t do that when you’ve got teams like United and Chelsea chasing you.

Look at this season aswell, if you had actually bothered turning up against United and Chelsea, even just the home games – you’d be within touching distance of the title.

34. Davi says:

Mark – All very true.
    Two years ago everything went against us when it really mattered. I’m surprised no one really mentions the fact that in that run of winless games that cost us the title, at least one big decision went against us, be it an offside goal for middlesborough, or one wrongly disallowed for us. Something in every game starting at birmingham where the ref gave a penalty against clichy for a perfectly fine tackle.

I think vieira said it was 4-times more difficult for arsenal to win the league than other teams and I can understand what he meant.
    As soon as we start to look threatening things start going against us. Thankfully this team is really starting to look capable of handling this kinds of pressure, but I think in future fans should acknowledge that our team does face additional adversity and give some of the younger players a break as a result.

35. Mayank says:

The point is not about Arsenal losing points to bad refereeing but the amount of point Utd gain from it. I’m sure even a casual observer of the PL will be able to tell you 3-4 points through the course of the season that utd gain.

Liverpool used to too but it’s gone downhill since the media decided to portray Rafa as a raging madman.

36. Davi says:

Piterman – “Forget what happened to Eduardo, 3 pts out of 9 in those fixtures are why you lost the title, I cant remember any outrage after those games.”
    You may not remember it, because no one made any outrageous claims, but if you watch the games again, at least one big decision went against arsenal in each of those matches and the next few as well.
    We weren’t playing well at the time admittedly, which I think is why it was overlooked, but we still did enough to win more of those games were it not for a ridiculous number of incorrect, big decisions.

37. Davi says:

Piterman – well if the old trafford game had been officiated better we might well have won that game.
    We more than turned up there, we dominated.
    If fletcher had been booked for one thing, Utd would have been even less of a challenge.
    Admittedly we shot ourselves in the foot with the diaby OG, but fletcher did enough to get sent off in that game, with the penalty that never was and a high foot in the 2nd half alone, but he escaped without a card, when as usual song found himself carded early.

38. charybdis1966 says:

Pitta bread man, I aimed to point out how exaggerated Fergies skills as a mind bender are perceived as. If you read that as a complaint about refereeing then I’m done with talking to you.
    Go off to Republic of Manchuria or wherever it is you came from.

39. Op says:

Ridiculous article.

Unbelievably bitter.

As if there aren’t hundreds of glory supporters at Arsenal too? How many people do you see filing off trains at Finsbury Park coming in from Peterborough, Stevenage and the rest. Maybe you are just a little upset that your choice of team have failed to win a trophy for a few years.

Also to talk about media sycophancy and to not mention how far up Arsene’s arse most members of the press are is ridiculous. It is as though he has worked out a way to turn mud into gold or silver, yet still the Emirates stadium awaits its first piece of silverware.

I am not a united fan – but I think the hypocrisy of this article is ridiculous.

I am sure you will be telling me how you guys are most attractive bestest pretty passing team on the planet. Get over yourselves – you look very silly indeed.

40. dandan says:

Piterman… The differences between Wenger and Fergie is one of class, Wenger intelligent and cultured, Fergie as I said before, a greed arrogant bully.

It is on the record that Utd would probably never have fallen into the hands of the Glaziers and the debts they have incurred. If fergie had not tried to grab half shares in an Irish breeding stallion upsetting the owners who lost interest in utd.

A great manager yes, A great man?

41. Op says:

As a neutral football fan I find this one of the most frustrating and baffling things to happen all season.

42. about as bent as they come.

all that shenanigans with the irish mafia and the horse, because of that they sold their shares to the yank.

this is what manyoo fan forget, they are in this debt mess because of red nose.

43. Davi says:

Op – “not mention how far up Arsene’s arse most members of the press are is ridiculous”
    What!?
    Well when henry handled the ball for france, I heard that wenger should have guided him better.
    When eduardo dived and wenger didnt publicly ridicule him, I head that wenger was an “enemy of football”.

Can you imagine anything like that happening to ferguson? Can you imagine anyone calling him an enemy of football for not publicly saying that rooney dived (which he clearly has on occasion) or ronaldo?
    I’ll admit wenger is respected by some in the media, but nothing like the majority. Ferguson is untouchable however, largely because he refuses to talk to the BBC.

Also, how can you argue with: “Each member of the commission recognised Sir Alex Ferguson’s achievements and stature within the game.”
    Seriously, how can you argue with that?

44. charybdis1966 says:

Op – are you 8 years old? Thanks for the hilarity of your comment, now run along, C Beebies is on now.

45. Davi says:

“Also to all those talking about FA being in United’s pocket can one of you explain the Ferdinand vs Gerrard/Mascherano situation?”

Read my earlier comment on that.
    Fergie has no right to complain about the ferdinand thing based on what evans did earlier in the season. Hes calling the FA inconsistent when he is being inconsistent himself – but no one will call him on that!

46. So which team do you follow, op?

as if i need to ask

47. Op says:

Davi – sorry is that the same Ferguson who was being told to retire by the press only 4 years ago – he was old passed it, senile, losing the plot. Rotting the heart of united?

Also he is permanently facing criticism over his BBC stance – which is fair enough but really why should anyone in football talk to any press when you think of the ridiculous levels of scrutiny they are subjected too.

All of the press criticize these so called godlike managers such as Ferguson and Wenger – but they also give them ridiculous amounts of praise and fail to highlight many of their worst flaws.

Just imagine if Rooney doesn’t play in the world cup or is poor/looks tired – this will be firmly pinned on Ferguson.

And to be fair those comments about Henry handball were coming out of tabloids – if you take them seriously then it is your own fault that you are wound up.

The Eduardo thing was pretty bad of Wenger – it was one of the most blatant dives of the last 5 years – I know there have been others (stevie gerrard a lot – and never mentioned in press). But this one was a particularly bad one in CL against a plucky scottish opponent (with friendly supporters with Arsenal and historical ties) so it was always a big deal for the small minded press.

48. London says:

Morning all

Top rant Chary

Good to see Davi back at his swash buckling best.

Have we got a new date for the game in which we win the league?

49. Op says:

charybdis1966 – Obviously you are the one watching Cbeebies – you can’t even begin to address the points I have made. Your a small minded football fan who can’t look beyond his own small little world.

Stringfellow – I happen to support Peterborough – who are in a league outside of the ‘Biggest Bestest League in the World’ and are not a ‘Sky 4′ team. Yes we will get relegated and you will all probably start abusing me about this (just like mature grown men should) and then will say we have a disgraceful chairman. But I am not here to comment on Posh.

I was making comment on what I see as endemic amongst PL clubs esp ‘Big 4′ and that is hypocrisy and naivety

50. charybdis1966 says:

Cheers London, the fact that it’s wound some Manks up is quite gratifying and is the cherry on the cake as well. The keyboards in the mank heartlands of Surbiton, Newquay and Kuala Lumpar must be over heating with rage.
    The NLD has been re arranged for Wednesday the 14th of April now.

51. theres always one!

52. Davi says:

Op – I don’t remember such comments about fergie 4 years ago in the press. I know they werent doing so well, but I dont think many people were calling for him to retire, and they certainly werent disrespectful to him. They’d never come close to calling him an enemy of football.

“why should anyone in football talk to any press when you think of the ridiculous levels of scrutiny they are subjected too”
    No, it’s actually a pretty clever ploy (which contradicts the post tbh) – because it means every other tv company will do everything it can not to piss fergie off by giving soft interviews. As a result you get the little biases Im talking about.

It’s like I said, when a man utd representative says something, they dont question it. Like the ridiculous notion that Utd players and staff are “losing faith in refereeing”, when they probably would have been out of the title race by december in recent seasons if it werent for the benefits they gain from crazy decisions imo.

The eduardo thing – yes it was a dive imo, but rooney and ronaldo have done plenty that were just as blatant. Ferguson never got told he has to publicly come out and stop it. He says sometimes he has a word with players who dive, but they continue to do it nonetheless. Again – theyd never call him an enemy of football for something like that.

Btw all football press is tabloid press. Theres nothing respectable about being a football journalist. All they can ever give is their own opinion and no matter how smart some of them appear to be, they still say pretty much the same things and are wrong just as much as eachother

53. charybdis1966 says:

Ok Op, so you’re saying “same to you” regarding your TV watching choice – deary me I hadn’t expected that level of rapier sharp wit.
    If you’ve misread the point of my post I’m not going to waste any more of my time on you – I have less of my life left than you have, I’d guess at least 20 years less.

54. Davi says:

Lol, thanks London.

55. rubbish, OP

your staunch defence of red nose tells me you possibily support 2 sides.

56. dandan says:

Op as a matter of interest, given that your Peterborough manager has refused a four year contract, why do you guys put up with Barry Fry

57. Livers says:

Charybdis – you seemed to have attracted a few of our Surrey friends with your post :-)

Welcome all from leafy Surbiton..

Adrian Durham supports peterborough ;)

Anyway a feisty post chary, but within the keeping of our rules of this site lets all keep it civil, thanks.

59. charybdis1966 says:

I thought it might Livers – I’ve obviously hit a raw nerve for there to be this level of whingeing about it!
    Methinks they doth protest too much. :)

60. Davi says:

There was nothing particularly bad about the eduardo dive. A dive is a dive and rooney has done plenty as bad.
    Have you never seen it when the commentators awkwardly say something like: “oh, er, he didn’t need to go down there” or “went down a bit easily there”.
    As far as the history goes, that wasnt really an issue, and nor should it be. Why should wenger come out and talk down his own player publicly just because of some vague history that might exist between arsenal and celtic supporters?

61. dreaded nn livers

right quick spin of the dog then swedish school see you guys later will be on the cell for tho’s that know

62. nutcracker says:

Quality rant, I must say.

63. Its all gone quiet over there……………

64. charybdis1966 says:

Must be lunchtime in Surbiton Peachy !

65. Duncan says:

Haha. 2-1. 3-1. 11 titles and counting. Sit down. Shut up. Bitter Gooners.

66. Kofi Oppong says:

67. aj says:

nice rant boy.

fist thing first, the abu media hates manutd.

secondly, it was a stonewall penalty you bitter idiot.

thirdly, wenger is the moaner, the one the ref’s back at everyu chance and the one who neevr see’s his girly girls do nothing wrong but alwsy moans the other way around.

and finally, stop making up rubbish in your rants and grow up.

we will eaily defeat the frenchies of london as manchester united will make it 19, enjoy anotehr 5 years until you finally buy the league again.

wenger + no money = no success = titles bought.

arsenal, enjoy 3rd place, then next year enjoy as spurs over throw you.

sir alex is the king, manchester united are the biggest club in this country and the world, follwoed onyl by one other english club (liverpool; there are no other big clubs in england.)

glory glory manchester united, we are simply the best.

68. charybdis1966 says:

Duncan and Aj – the petulance of your replies proves I’ve hit a sore spot – and the more of you who come onto an Arsenal blog to flaunt their bitterness proves my work has been done. If you feel the need to act like pre pubescent playground retards, then well, whatever floats your boat.
    Again, thanks for your comedic genius, it’s given me a reason to smile. :)

69. Livers says:

Oh dear, I’m sure proper Mancs would be a little embarressed by AJ..

70. Kofi Oppong says:

Fantastic post….Everything is true…I will say one good point only that we need to adopt. I believe Rab C nesbitts attitude and the fear of his wrath is why united players do not gain as many injury’s. Wenger is deemed a whiner and I for one was very happy he refused to accept the Shawcroft Challenge!

71. aj says:

i’ am a proper manc, i’am sure real football fans are oh, i know real football fans like us united fans are embarressed of your bitterness and fear of yet another trophyless season at french central.

and i hate to upset you small people, that aldo my writing sounds like i’ am annoyed, let me tell you now, i’ am perfectly cool and carm and responded purely because of you bitter gunners and your boring ranting all the time, even do you know for a fact that you london connection at the fa protects you from any punishment no matter how much you disrepect the referees and football for that matter.

we are all aware of the , delusion, petulances and selfishness that surround arsenal football club and their despearation to get a trophy for once.

you can run it all you like, to be perfectly honest, i really dont care what you think.

72. Mayank says:

Haha I’m really enjoying reading the Mancs’ comments… Keep ‘em coming boys!
    You guys are soo easy to wind up!

73. Mayank says:

Qualiteee!

74. pat says:

aj – at least we aint 1 knee injury from losing the title… if shrek breaks down SAF will need a couple of drinks

75. pat says:

than usual

76. charybdis1966 says:

Mayank – if only one post has made the 4 hours of work last night to write this post worthwhile it’s aj’s latest post. He pretty much sums up all that is so typical of the glory hunters – I wonder if he realises every post and hit he makes here benefits Arsenal ? In fact, could he just be one of us trying to show up Manks, if so it’s 100% working !

77. Rasputin says:

Hi chary – or should I call you ‘pit bull’ ?,

Sorry I’ve missed the fun. All joking aside, I thought some of the manu fans expressed themselves reasonably well and respected the site, without them the debate would have been quite dull.

78. thecat says:

Pretty pathetic really and in the grand scheme of things means jack shit. Sticks and stones…

79. charybdis1966 says:

“Thecat” – and yet you felt the need to say so. Point proven.

80. manyoo are no team

they are a one-man freak show that belongs to gerry cottle.

81. charybdis1966 says:

I’m not so sure Raspers – most of the glory hunters comments were misreading my post as a whinge about the state of refereeing. For our slower readers, it was about the disproportionate respect given to Sir Alex of malt whiskey’s mind gaming powers. The number of ill-conceived non sequiters the glory hunters churned out outnumbered the salient points, IMHO.

82. Rasputin says:

I agree about that chary. If there’s one thing I’ve learned about blogging, it’s that anyone who has a strong bias is incapable of seeing another’s perspective – it’s a sort of self-censorship that precludes examining their own shortcomings. Personaly, I’m not happy with name-calling as a form of debate but I understand the fight fire with fire philosophy.

83. charybdis1966 says:

Too true Raspers – I’ve had quite a few insults today but I take them as a badge of honour – each one a “hit”showing where a glory hunter has admitted the truth hurts.

84. @aj (March 25, 2010 at 12:40 pm): Anyone who calls Arsenal ‘french central’ has no write to claim that ‘I’am [sic] perfectly cool and carm [sic] and responded purely because of you bitter gunners and your boring ranting all the time’ as you tried to do.

85. charybdis1966 says:

He can’t be for real Mark W – I reckon he’s a double agent sent in to make the Glory hunters look even more ridiculous.

86. Aha rasputin, there you are……….I’m looking for you ;)

87. Livers says:

Mark Wellington. Has no write [sic]

88. charybdis1966 says:

So, question about Saturday – who partners Sol in defence, surely it has to be Song?

89. @Livers: LOL, you got me there. We all make mistakes.

90. Livers says:

Charybdis – I’d still go will fish head as taking out Song from midfield weakens it imo opinion..

91. Livers says:

oops, bad Livers…it’s catching… in my opinion..

92. charybdis1966 says:

I’d normally think that too Livers, but I don’t think the Brum midfield is particularly adventurous and if we replace Song with Diaby in midfield we still have a bit of presence. It’ll be interesting to see who Wenger goes for in the end although I fear we will see Denilson playing – harsh, I know, in view of him scoring/shooting well lately but I still rather have any alternative to him.

93. I think Denilson could turn out to be a good player in the end, but defencive midfield isn’t his best position – he’s far better going forward. I like the look of Eastmond in the DM spot and I’d like to see more of him next season.

94. Er, just before we get pedantic again, I meant defensive not defencive!

What about gallas. Apparently it says he definitely won’t play on Saturday or against barca and the Arsenal website (which I can’t get onto) says negotiations with Gallas have been suspended, according to some other sites.

96. Livers says:

Mark… chill :-)

Kelsey, the website’s saying that whilst he’s confident over Gallas all contract talk is suspended for 3 weeks whilst we have games every 3 days. he needs people to be focused

97. London says:

Hi Chary

Would you be interested in a small wager? I bet that Sol won’t play on Saturday, if he does I write Monday’s post and if he doesn’t you write it. What do you think?

98. I wrote an article on my own blog on Saturday hinting at pretty much the same thing (http://bit.ly/az5Dqd), but I’ve since been convinced that this is just the media sh** stirring, as usual. Gallas may or may not sign a new contract but his injury has nothing to do with that. Wenger said in his press conference today that Gallas definitely won’t play against Brum or Barca but has a good chance of being back for the next match. He also said that contract talks with Gallas have been positive but won’t be concluded at the moment because we are too busy playing matches twice a week.

99. charybdis1966 says:

London – that’s an interesting idea but I’m pretty sure Wenger has already said in his press conference Sol will play on Saturday. In any case Peachy and Raspers already have the second half of my post(the first half of which you have seen today) so I wouldn’t have to write another one as it’s already there. :)

100. London says:

That is very honourable of you Chary, I wasn’t aware that Wenger had already made that announcement.

101. Piterman says:

A one man team?

I thought we were a one man team last season when we also humiliated you twice in a competition.

Then we sell that player, and still manage to beat you twice and humiliatingly once again at the Emirates Stadium(tm)

102. Rasputin says:

Hi Piterman,

Thanks for your comments today. We’ll see who has the last word at the end of the season!

103. boo!
    seems you got the cockney reds out with this post today

104. Rasputin says:

Just to remind everyone, I’m still looking for submissions for ‘Rant Friday’

105. Rasputin says:

It’s all good sport RSD. I’m quite pleased when opposition fans come on to comment when we put up a pre-match post – it means they think the site is open to well reasoned debate. If they want to throw insults they usually don’t hang around.

106. you do a rant on who the fuck got the tickets for barca home i know no silvers have got any

107. thecat says:

>We’ll see who has the last word at the end of the season!

Haven’t you gooners have been saying that for several seasons now?

The proof is in the pudding, or as they say at Old Trafford, the proof is in the large order of silver polish at the end of each season!

108. but i have got some thing for you

109. Rasputin says:

Hi RSD, you’re right. I know of two people who held on the website for hours and when they got through, all he tickets were taken – what’s the point in paying the money for a silver membership? There’ll be loads of expensive seats available through ticketmaster and other ‘corporate hospitality’ schemes etc.

110. Rasputin says:

Actually thecat, your comment sums up the difference between the two clubs and presumably the two sets of fans. I wouldn’t swap our set up for yours in a million years. You are dangerously saddled with debt – your own fans are protesting with the yellow and green. We play fantastic entertaining football and we play it the right way. We don’t resort to pathetic mind games or attempt to bully officials.

Ask any European football fan who they admire in England and the majority will say the Arsenal. Arsenal’s time is coming and the other big clubs know it – and so do you, that is why you are posting on a rival clubs blog. If you wanted to be ‘comfortable’ in your blogging, you’d save your views for a manu site.

111. thecat says:

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home…

112. and AW a damn site more pretty than SAF

113. do you want me to email you over something then rasp?

114. Rasputin says:

By all means RSD, it only has to be a paragraph or two. I’d imagine that topic will inspire a lot of agreement amongst gooners.

115. Rasputin says:

Yes, you can use the link on ‘Be our Guest’ or ‘Contact us’ and email something through.

116. SharkeySure says:

Great post Chary……

117. Rasputin says:

Hi Sharkey, nice to hear from you. Are you still unable to get on the net during the day?

RSD, peaches has written a rant along similar lines about the ticket exchange so we may be able to combine your points. We never change the meaning if anyone’s post, but sometimes ‘tweak’ stuff when necessary.

118. London says:

7:30 Top, top comment Rasp.

119. charybdis1966 says:

Cheers Sharkey, I hope I haven’t caused Peachy and Raspers too much embarrassment with my controversial post.

sometimes tweak stuff rasp, you changed my whole post it was about george armstrong and you made it sound like Eduardo. ;)

121. dont worry rsd post arnt for everyone the blunt as a spoon

122. Rasputin says:

Hi London, it’s been a lively day! Unfortunately I haven’t been around to join in the fun.

123. charybdis1966 says:

Hear hear London – Raspers 7.30 encapsulates part of why I’m so glad I didn’t follow the rest of the crowd as a boy growing up in London and become a glory hunter.

chary, go back to May 1966. I was there at highbury. We lost 0-3 to leeds and 4500 turned up. Glory Hunters no way.

125. London says:

Kelsey

That is a funny comment: my post was about George Armstrong and they changed it to Eduardo. LMAO

126. charybdis1966 says:

I wasn’t born then Kelsey – but refer to Man IOU fans as Glory hunters(it winds them up so it;s a good a reason as any)I meant that I was gad I didn’t become a mank like most were in my London school.

127. charybdis1966 says:

Lot’s of typos:

“but I refer to Man IOU fans…”
    “that I was glad I didn’t become a Mank..”

128. just dont cut the links and the mention of Cist Manifesto and winston quote

129. charybdis1966 says:

Raspers – Peachy – the lack of avatar shows the desperate imposter up. Can you delete this person – the allegation of the song says more about the imposter than anyone else.

Well done, whoever you are.

130. charybdis1966 says:

And it’s 1966 not 1996 by the way.

131. @charybdis1966 (March 25, 2010 at 8:29 pm): If you think those were typos then you’re dumber than I thought.

132. charybdis1966 says:

Yeah Mark W, I wasn’t paying attention when I typed. oops.

133. @charybdis1966 (March 25, 2010 at 8:29 pm): PS – You spelt ‘lots’ wrong as well just for good measure.

chary, it has been binned. Guess what it came from the manchester area.

135. charybdis1966 says:

Thanks Kelsey – it must have been that mythical, legendary creature – a Man IOU fan actually FROM the Manchester area. Incredible.

I’m checking for a blue moon as we speak !

136. Rasputin says:

Sorry chary – you’ve lost me? Can you give a time for the comment in question please.

137. charybdis1966 says:

It’s ok Raspers – Kelsey binned it.
    It was at 8.30pm

138. dandan says:

Just Sent Peaches a little Rant Rasp

139. Rasputin says:

Thanks dandan, I happen to know she’s out tonight so it may be late before we can work on it.

140. dandan says:

LOL It wont take much putting in the bin Rasp

141. dandan says:

OK folks, gonna settle down for an hour with the latest Jack Reacher Novel my wife just bought me.
    see you in the morning

142. right look forward to the hack job you post in morning thats rsd out….

143. charybdis1966 says:

Well, it;s been a great blogging today – you live for days like this.
    I won’t be around for tomorrow so come on you rip roaring gooners, tear Brum a new one on Saturday.

144. SharkeySure says:

Yeag no change there Rasp…I sneak a look on my mobile, but you realy don’t want me posting from that.

My typinsons is bad enough from a keyboard !!

I’m stll with you guys in spirit though ;-)

Typos left uncorrected…well some of them anyway.

145. Hi Guys

We try to include 2 or 3 rants in the post on Friday so a paragraph or two which include the rant is enough to get it published. It doesn’t need to be a posts worth of writing.

Thanks for all your offers, see you in the morning

146. dogmanstar says:

Some nice quotes on here :-D – “ole 65% proof nose, Salford reprobates, everyone’s favourite Dreamworks character, Glazers Gimps, whiskey infested sour puss, Old Toilet, slavering hordes of mono brain-celled mank glory-hunting numb nuts, Whiskey enthusiast, mad old Scotsman”.

And you lot have the cheek to cry wolf when Wenger gets called Paedo? Well I never!

147. charybdis1966 says:

Yeah, calling someone a drunk is EXACTLY the same thing as calling them a paedo,or having 75,000 of you manks singing that at him.